Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Armed with the Knowledge [Open]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking at the building in front of him he looked at the exterior for a few moments and wondered why no informal study groups or teaching sessions took place here, there was room probably inside if they weren’t loud or disruptive. Granted maybe they did have some such thing going on but it was a closely held secret. He’d have to investigate further to find out for sure. Outside he really didn’t see anyone around as he started to make his way to the front of the building and the entrance. As an instructor at the academy knowledge was taught to be a weapon in a way. This place to Kamaru could be considered an armory.

”Guess I’ll see what I can learn in this place…”

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Walking around the village, Tao has stumbled himself upon a building he never have seen before, he wasn't sure what was going on in it but he knew that by the looks of it, it held some importance to the village considering how extravagant it looked compared to the others, but the place it was located in was quite unique on its own. Tao began wondering around like a tourist, searching for attractions of some sort, then he saw a person who was just about to enter the building's front doors, he hoped that he would be able to tell him something about this place.

"Excuse me, sir. Could you tell me what this place is...?"

Tao asked hesitantly, he hoped he didn't intrude on the person, it would certainly be impolite but his urge for knowledge and curiosity got the best of him and he casted aside his ethics and proceeded to see the man whom he stopped for almost no reason.

[OOC: Tao didn't glow btw]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru stopped entering when someone asked him a question looking the man up and down Kamaru blinked. ”It’s a university to my understanding.” Kamaru began giving him the short answer before turning to the man fully and started elaborating, ”The Accolade’s University is what it’s called is what I’ve been told. It’s a place to gain knowledge besides the academy so I guess it’s for those who want a deeper understanding of something… don’t know if they teach classes here or not or if it’s nothing more than a really nice looking library. I’m going in to find out if they have space available for people to work on things if they need space to do research or organize things. I guess I’ll see if they have rooms available for classes if they teach them here and if not why not. You’re welcome to join me if you like. Might need an extra set of hands for a pet project I’ll probably be starting soon.”

Extending a hand to the man as he closed the distance he simply stated, ”Namamoto Kamaru.”

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"...Red...Apart--Apartments. Red Apartments. Árasán Dearg" A thick accented woman was hunched over the table nearest to the large library doors. Her finger planted in a book as she read carefully and slowly from it, her tongue struggling to properly pronounce a few words that were extremely foreign to her. "The red apartments were... glist.....glistening....glistening in the.....sun." The woman leaned back, rubbing her eyes with exhaustion. She was only two chapters into the book, and already absolutely whipped. Her vocabulary was increasing--at least in reading--but her accent was still thicker than black smoke. Not to mention, everyone around her had thick accents to her. Even if she understood the words they were saying, sometimes she couldn't manage to understand anything through their slurring and bumbling accents.

Grabbing the book, she shut it and moved to the front desk, sliding the book across the desk. She had been here a few times, wandering around the wooden shelves, eyes wide with the mystic glow of curiosity. She ran her hands among the leather surfaces, feeling the texture of books, old and new. It wasn't until recently that she gained the nerve to attempt to speak to the receptionist on how she would be able to take one of these gorgeous books--it wasn't so hard, and after the first day, it was even easier.

Now, Kurai just had to go to the front, hand her a plastic card, and, there! She could take it home for a whole week! Walking away from the desk, and hugging the book to her chest as her satchel bounced against her skirt, the girl whipped open the door from the Library forcefully--perhaps too forcefully. The door rammed into something on the other side, and came right back to hit her, stumbling over her own feet before falling backwards, she hit the floor, the book sliding away from her as she used her hands to catch herself, sitting on the floor, and rubbing her forehead as a headache began to creek around her head. "Ó, cac. Ouch..." She cursed, her head throbbing as she reached for her book, putting it in her satchel as she shakily stood and moved to peek around the door to see what had happened.

[OOC: Kurai speaks Gaelic (she's from an island elsewhere) , if you want a translation, let me know, but I prefer not to translate because it takes away the point that she shouldn't be understood. :)]

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tao glanced at the man who have partially turned around to tell him the name of the place, but then after he fully turned to face him he have revealed the purpous of the establishment. It would appear that this place was meant for higher learning and deeper understanding of the secrets of the world, or so he assumed. A smile began to creep on Tao's face as the man began to advance towards him, finally he found what he was searching for all this time, a place that can give him all the information he wanted, he can finally understand what these people were doing in this village, why people buy and sell goods to each other and use this thing called yen as a valid exchange, and maybe even more importantly, what it truly meant to be a shinobi and... What is the secret behind this mysterious force called Chakra. Tao had so many things he wanted to know, and he couldn't wait until he could finally realize his ambition, he wanted all of it, all of the information in the world to be at the palm of his hands and now he can finally have it.

By the time he realized what was going on, the man was already next to him, with a hand extended towards Tao while he presented his name. Tao's smile grew even bigger as he extended his hand too to shake his hand, it almost looked like Tao was about to cry but no tears or blush showed on his face, but it was only due to his dumb expression, he was so happy he finally found the place where he finally understand everything.

"... Tao..."

Tao introduced himself with quite a shaky voice, he could hardly contain himself, his skin and hair began to glow with a dim white light, he could barely let himself let go of the man's hand, he was so happy that he could barely understand what is happening around him, in his mind, all he could see at this point was the possibilities that just opened in front of him, he then fell to his knees and grabbed the man's hand with his other hand

"Thank you... Thank you for showing me this wonderful heaven. I'll help you with whatever you want, I cant thank you enough for showing me this place so let me at least give you my aid."

Tao cried out in pure delight, it was the first time he was so enchanted by someone's words up until now, it was almost as if an angel descended on him from heaven and blessed him with the gift of infinite knowledge. Tao then got up, let go of the man's hand and rushed towards the front doors, but as he extended his hand towards the handle, the door suddenly slammed against his face and shut itself back causing Tao to fall backwards to the ground. At this point, any normal person would feel pain, Tao didn't want himself to seem weird in some way (although he already managed to do that perfectly up until now), so he placed his hand over the sour spot on his forehead while looking at the door with disappointment, could it be that the university rejected him? Could it be that it wasn't his fate to come into this building and learn everything about this world, from the extreme radiance that came from him just moments ago, he became quite sad, his body stopped glowing and he just stared at the door while sitting on the ground with one of his hands right behind his back giving him contra from the ground while the other one is placed firmly over his forehead.

"... Kamaruuu... Why does the university hate me so much?"

Tao spoke in a shaky voice again, but this time it was obvious that it didn't come from happiness but rather from sadness, he hoped that the man who showed him this wonderful place would explain to him why this happened, Tao obviously had a long road before him before he could amount to anything in this village.

[OOC: Lol, wow, I didn't intend it to be so... Erm... Well, you know ^^';]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kamaru explained things matter-of-factly the man seemed pretty pleased with the answer or at least interested as he started to smile. Shaking Kamaru’s hand seemed to put him off slightly though he seemed cordial to meet Kamaru but when stating his name his inflection seemed off. Then he started to glow a little visibly which was probably why he seemed off a bit. He seemed excited to about the realization of what the place was. Did he really like quiet places or maybe he just wanted to learn. He seemed to take Kamaru up on the offer for helping out with some manual labor.

The joy in the man seemed a bit much as if he was in his own world for a bit before letting go of Kamaru’s hand and moving towards the door. As the door came flying open Kamaru jerked slightly hearing the sound of something solid again flesh and bone before bouncing back closed. With Tao sitting up and rubbing the knot forming on his head he commented on the building and fate and if it was meant to be. The glow faded as sorrow seemed to take over the man on the ground.

Seeing part of someone’s head pop out from behind the door Kamaru shook his head.

”While I don’t think any of the buildings in the Village of Iwa have been designed for use by puppeteers it is an interesting concept to look into for feasibility of chakra manipulation on some level.” he began as he walked up next to the downed man still eyeing the face peeking around the door.

Kamaru extended a finger out towards the person and slowly curled it towards him a stern flat look on his face in true school instructor fashion. Picking the man up off the ground he dusted him off a bit checking him over as one of his hands moved hair to look at the knot before glowing slightly in a greenish light to subside the swelling and bruising.

”In the future you might want to put one hand and/or forearm up before opening a door where you can’t see who’s on the other side while you reach for the handle to open the door. In the very least you’re get your arm bumped first before your head so you’ll be more likely to remain conscience. And you might want to be less forceful when opening doors.” Kamaru began as he inspected Tao his words trailing to the person behind the door.

If they were injured Kamaru would look over their wounds as well and see what they would say to explain themselves. Kamaru wondered where Tao had grown up where he didn’t know of such common trivialities… maybe a place with no use for doors came to mind.

(OoC: Using Mystical Hand if needed on the lot of you.)

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sunshine spilled through the door as the bold redhead peaked her head out from behind the door and looked at the scene on the other side. A man, sitting on his butt and rubbing his head with long gorgeous white hair whined quietly to another man, with black hair who leaned down he tend to him. Kurai froze for a moment, realizing she was the cause of the issue on the other side, and just as she was about to shut the door and sneak around the back, the man lifted his head and moved his finger in a superior sort of way. She was shaking a little bit, like a child, at the thought of being scolded—before remembering how old she actually was. Sucking in a deep breath, the woman took a step out, ”I am so sorry, sir---sirs?—sir and sir?” Her common language studying had failed her here, what were they?

The man tended to the other, Kurai giving a weak smile, as he began to speak sternly to her about the importance of opening doors carefully. Honestly, she wasn’t sure why he was talking about opening doors so specifically. Did people really think that much when opening? Half the time you have other things on your mind, and you just swing it on open—right?

”Really, I am sorry.” Her head bowed quickly as she scurried on back down the steps, her skirt bouncing with each step, and her satchel swinging by her legs, the book kept safely inside of it. Embarrassed, with reddened cheeks, she made her way through the bustling people to escape he confrontation.

[Topic Left, Unless Stopped.]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OoC: @Kuria: Nice meeting you!)

The red haired woman seemed flustered or embarrassed by the situation and slowly came out her words labored. Was she worried about having knocked someone over or just embarrassed by the whole event went through Kamaru’s mind. She did seem sincere though so Kamaru sighed mutter and dismissing it, ”No really harm done so don’t worry about it. Just be careful in the future.” he stated simply.

As Kamaru tended to Tao she apologized again and bowed before moving out into the streets and crowd. Kamaru waved goodbye over his shoulder, ”Be careful miss and watch where you’re going.” Kamaru advised out loud. It must have really been some book she wanted to read or just the situation made her uncomfortable.

”You might want to put a forearm up when you open doors from now on and if someone is coming through let them out… or start wearing forehead protection. Guess we should check out what this place has to offer that had the young lady so excited.” Kamaru advised the man before heading in.

Looking around it wasn’t a small library it seemed and Kamaru inquired into if there were areas to reserve for classes, meetings, or to do research projects. The last inquiry had conditionals but it seemed the place was for those in general wanting to learn higher forms of knowledge or enlightenment. Kamaru researched two rooms for a later date and began to explore around. From the front area the only two things on his mind that he requested were the areas for the country and villages history and law system over the years.

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Everything seemed to happen in a flash right after he hit the ground, a red haired girl popped out of the door which seemed to be the cause of Tao's damaged head, while covering it with his hand, he made sure that the texture of his skin wasn't damaged and if it was he had to fix it and fast, problem was, reconstructing and laying out the texture was not an easy task, but luckily seems like nothing significant happened to it, not even a dent, that was fortunate, he removed his hand from his forehead, it didn't seem to have a scratch on it, as if nothing happened. He was then brought back to his feet and brushed off by Kamaru who seemed to look out for him, although he did scold him for not being more careful with the door, it was Tao's fault after all, but he was too excited at the time to even pay the slightest bit of attention. Tao watched as the girl ran off while apologizing and Kamaru dismissing her, Tao in the meanwhile didn't speak, he was at a lose, he never saw anyone act the way the girl acted, she seemed confused, but more than that there seemed to be another emotion which Tao couldn't identify coming from the girl although any other person could easily point out it was embarrassment. Tao nodded silently towards Kamaru's short lecture regarding safety when opening doors, although just a moment later he saw Kamaru enter the door without protecting himself with his forearm either, he wondered why though.

The insides of the university was amazing, it was vast, there seemed to be an extremely large quantity of books everywhere, he could never imagine anything more magnificent than that, his smile came back the moment he saw this sight. He was following Kamaru around the university as they began wondering around silently. He began to recall Kamaru's response to why the university hated him, he repeated Kamaru's words in his head but couldn't understand a thing, puppeteering, chakra manipulations, what was he talking about, the word chakra began to rotate around his head, to him it seemed like the concept of chakra was natural to Kamaru, maybe he could explain it better than the student he asked a couple of weeks ago.

"Excuse me Kamaru... I recall you mentioned something about Chakra Manipulation earlier, I apologies for not asking you back then but... What is chakra...?"

Tao asked, he hoped that this man's answer would be more informative than last time, or at least in a language in terms of terminologies that he could actually understand, it appeared there was an astronomical gap in knowledge between the two, Tao had great hopes for closing this gap even a little during the work he'll be doing in this... University.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Hmm… What is chakra indeed?” Kamaru muttered as he pulled books he needed from shelves. Giving it a bit of thought if the man was asking the question giving a text book answer wouldn’t probably do or even make sense. The fact he was at the age he was plus being in a shinobi village skewed Kamaru’s answer away to something simplier.

”It’s different things to different people. For those who have the ability to manifest and mold it, it’s a type of energy I guess or a fuel to do things. If depleted of it people find themselves weakening. It has various types as well besides chakra in it’s raw form.” he began looking around as they were in a secluded area and formed seals before a ball of chakra rippled in his hand, it’s soft blue translucent form changing and becoming a spiral of fast moving air, to a ball of water to catching fire, it snuffed quickly to a ball of earth before sparking into the form of lightening. ”Most people use it to augment their own bodies or for use with the basic elements, some use it in advanced elements a form of the base elements being combined. Some see it as magic, a forbidden and strange thing dipped in mystery and secrets. Others try and classify and quantitate it as a newly discovered highly specialized bioscience that defies some of the laws of science at its very core in general, others a blessing from ‘gods’, still others see it as a curse for past wrongs. There are basic things we still do not know about it which is why some refer to it as a form of magic and since so much is not known it is also feared. Not everyone has the ability to mold and create it, some can see it even when not manifested.” he continued looking around to see if anyone was alerted. Moving away from the sections he was in he moved through various sections until he thought he was in the right area and looked to see if anyone locally had written books on the principles of chakra.

”Having the ability to change nothing into something defies some principles of science. It’s not unique to humans though since I hear some animals although not normal have the ability to use it supposedly but I haven’t had the chance to discuss it with any since I don’t know any animals with the ability. But I guess the short answer is it’s a type of energy or fuel… What it is really isn’t totally clear and defined I believe. Through using it people probably have their own perspective.” Kamaru finished handing the man several books explaining chakra in various methods.

”I figure there are a lot of places probably to sit around and read for research which is what I need to do a bit of. I notice some of these books are in a different language so I’ll probably look into that later but for now I’m going to do a bit of light reading.” Kamaru explained with a stack of books cradled from his hand to his shoulder, ”You?”

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tao followed Kamaru around the library while listening to his explanation of chakra with some demonstration of basic element manifestation, sort of like those students explained to him but in a much clearer way with some vivid examples on how it looks like and some of it's theories, he finally could grasp some of the concept behind it, its basically the same as the energy inside Tao's shell, that same thing he used to pull out to use advanced light moves and tricks, but then Kamaru continued to move through the sections while continuing his explanation about chakra, handing Tao several books on the way that could explain chakra to him even further. Tao glanced at the covers of the books while Kamaru was talking for just a second, he was very curious to see what were the names of the books, but some of them were written in some sort of odd symbols Tao couldn't understand, probably a language he was not aware of just yet. He looked back at Kamaru, he was still talking. Tao nodded he finished explaining chakra to him, in a shorter version, it could be easily seen on Tao's expression, he understood what it was by now, but then Kamaru told him that he'd need to do some research and he asked what Tao' is going to do for the time's being.

"I think I'll try reading through these books you gave me if that is okay with you. Please don't hesitate to call me when you wish for me to aid you..."

Tao spoke as he began tightening the grip around the books he got a couple of moments ago. He was eager to open those covers and begin reading, for however long it might take, though he knew that he wasn't there for that purpose, not for today at least, since he made a promise to help this man with some task he had to accomplish, though it was not revealed to Tao which one, just yet.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed the answer and suggestion to figure out what it meant for oneself was enough of an answer to satisfy the man for now until he did his own research. With a few books to go through he’d get a broad range of ideas which would either confuse him more or have him pick out what made sense to him personally. Hopefully he’d then known what he’d like to find out more about pertaining to Chakra or something else. He was in the position to literally research it if he understood the organization system of the University Library system. ”You’ll get everything from principle theory to legends on what chakra is from those. Let me know if you have questions, I might not answer right away if I’m thinking through things.” Kamaru shot back before walking away to find some working area to setup at.

Kamaru would take his leave and attempt to find a quiet area without any reason to talk left for now. Pulling off his jacket resting it on a chair he fell into his own work sorting books out he had pulled and dragged tables around him together to box himself in as he pulled out a pad and utensils to scribe notes on. Referencing multiple books on law and history of the village at the same time wasn’t the easiest method to read the current rules and regulations. What it did tell him wasn’t what the laws were; it gave him insight into why they were made and why. Occurrences that changed the laws as time passed and why punishments were set to to more lax or stricter penalties over time. This was all based on public knowledge though. There might still be technicalities he wouldn’t be taken into account. While he hadn’t told Kazuki when Necromancy might technically be considered legal he wanted to know if there were any formalities it might cause. Would he need more precise information or were the area he studies enough? Several of the books seemed to be in another language as well which was a concern to Kamaru as well since it seemed to be affecting his research. Done with most of the books he looked for additional material on history of the village and to find out about the odd text.

Surprisingly he found out he might not be even able to learn the language as someone not born locally. Kamaru blinked and shrugged for now, he could either request someone to translate things that were safe to be translated or have a discussion with the Guadian of Lightening and Inu Endo to find out exactly what his options were. While up and about he’d check on Tao to see how his research was going.

(OoC: Spying on Tao)

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tao tightened the grip around the books a bit stronger when he was told that it was okay to start reading at that instant. He saw Kamaru leave to search for some more books and left himself to find a table to sit by and start his own research. Unfortunately for Tao, he was a slow reader, it'd take quite some time for him to cover the quantities of information presented to him but he was quite eager to begin. He quickly dropped the books at the table and picked up the first one, unfortunately the first few books were written in a language he couldn't understand or even read, so he set them aside and picked up those that are written in the common language. A while has passed since he began reading, it'd seem that chakra is quite a technical word describing a form of energy that is considered to reside in all living things in different forms ranging from either a mixture of their physical energy called stamina which let them live and endure and a more spiritual type of energy which is connected somehow to the soul and the mind, while other theories show it as simply the essence of life which everyone holds in different quantities and qualities. In other words, chakra seemed to be the source of life of all living things, that picked Tao's interest even further to the point where his body began to glow again, the reflection of the light against the white papers made it quite difficult to read with the lighting surrounding him from the library itself causing an extreme contrast between the shiny white paper and the black inked letters.

"I see, so shinobi use their essence to preform all those incredible things... Does it mean that Kamaru is a shinobi too... Or maybe everyone are able to do those things without being a shinobi...?"

He wondered to himself while he kept reading through the book. It also mentioned that there are times when chakra is being overused which could result in the body to become weak and in some cases would mean death for those who are completely depleted. Tao's body began to shine even brighter to the extent he began to draw attention from the other tables, mostly for bad reasons as he began to distract others from their research but it seemed that they began to wonder who he was, the person whose body shines in such an unnatural way, something that is not being seen often or even at all at some points, but for Tao that was just a way to express his excitement in the most natural way he knew, even without realizing it, but during this time, his eyes didn't escape from the book even for a moment, he was enchanted by the new information he managed to gather. By the time Kamaru came to check on Tao, he was only on the 20th page of the book, after all, he was a slow reader, he was told to read at least this much per day and luckily for him, this is the first time he had a chance to read for the day, but he didn't want to stop, this book was not like the novels he have been reading so far describing epic adventures in a fantasy world but actual technical things that exist in the world and are very real to him and the people around him. Tao's attention was undivided for sure, he was so focused on his reading that anyone could catch him off guard at this point and strike him down. But then he began to wonder, was there a way to take these books with him to his home to continue reading them there since he considered the fact that the university wont stay open forever and he didn't want to leave these books for even one instant, questions began to form in Tao's head and he decided that he could stop reading for now, he wanted to go and ask Kamaru some of the things he wondered if they would be acceptable and some things he was just curious about. Looking around for a piece of paper or something else to put between the pages to mark his progress, he found some sort of ribbon on the floor, that was good enough, he folded it twice and placed it deep between the papers and closed the book before starting to look around in attempt to find Kamaru. Tao gathered his books in his hands, got up and began looking around, luckily enough, it didn't take him long to find the man, Tao would go straight to him and began his questioning.

"Emm... Excuse me, Kamaru, but could you help me with some things? I was wondering, what language are these books written in"

He asked while showing him the books he couldn't read, they seemed to have a pattern of similar symbols from where he assumed that the language is either similar or the same for these books, maybe Kamaru knew what kind of language or even that language's name so that he could attempt in trying to learn it to advance his studies even further while removing the limitation on the material he'd have access to that he could use.

"Also, do you think I can take some of these books home later to keep reading them there...?"

Tao wasn't sure what kind of answer he'd get from that statement, he wondered if it was even an acceptable concept to loan books like that or maybe it was something so inconceivable that it'd make Tao like a total stranger to the place which could even show a form of discus towards him.

[MFT]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While checking in on Tao he found the man with books in hand doing the same it seemed searching for him. Tao seemed to be in a better mood then earlier when he was on his rear thinking the building had barred him entry which was good in a way. Tao had also come to realize not all knowledge in the library was easily accessed by everyone from his question he posed to Kamaru. Kamaru extended a hand verifying what he figured as he looked over the books contents.

”Some of the books are written in an ancient language specific to this region from some time ago from what I gathered via the people helping out up front at the desk. The ancient language is something free to people born of these lands to learn called Ancient Bo-he-me-in. I’ll probably look into getting a waiver if possible to learn it for further delving into personal research but it’ll have to wait till I talk to some people probably since I’m not born in these lands. If it’s something not classified to outsiders, worst case scenario there’s the option of hiring a translator. As for books if you want to check them out you’ll probably need to fill out some forms with your address and name up front to borrow them if you want to take them off site… But in truth if you want to permanently have a book for reference you should look into finding a book store and purchasing it.” Kamaru stated.

”It looks like they have empty rooms for meetings and private areas for studies, classes, and what not so if you have some free time I might have some manual labor for you, nothing too big but it’ll cut down on the time you’ll have to read… there might be breaks though with a few hours here and there as well as payment for services rendered..” Kamaru added and waited for the man’s response. If he wanted help filling out the forms he would assist. If he took Kamaru up on the job offer he’d make arrangements so the man could get paid for the work as well.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
{Topic entered as INPC: Yamazaki Yuri}

Audio log #NS0012. I've took my roommate's advice and decided to seek a way to somehow register as a citizen. It would be easy to land a job that was better than cleaning tables. Don't get me wrong, my current coworkers and employer were great people but, it didn't net me the income needed to afford my own place and feed myself. Plus, it was time I accepted that things in Leaf may never straighten out. So after a short shift at the diner, I changed into my business dress outfit then I made my way to a place one of my coworker's suggested.

I questioned whether a place called Accolade's University would be the best place but I went anyway. Starting anywhere was far better than no where. I entered through the main door to find a setting something like a library, kind of grand I think. There seemed to be some rooms around but I can't recall what they seemed to be for. I followed some of the notes listed around the shelving and let them guide me an area concerning customs and citizenship. I approached a narrow aisle when I heard a familiar voice. I couldn't tell what was being said but the speech pattern and tune rang bells. I turn about to search for the source and after rounding the corner of one of the shelf aisles, I spot two guys near a booth, maybe for check-out I'm not sure.

I lifted my glasses and squinted to try and focus, finding myself murmuring to myself. "Who is that? Wait is that... No." A sense of dread washed over me like a tidal wave large enough to surf. "No no, uh god not now." It was indeed... Kamaru. I hadn't readied myself for the day I'd see him again. I snatched a book off the nearest shelf, not knowing or caring what it was about, placed the opened book over my face, and moved to put the nearest aisle between myself and the two.

The pace of my vitals quicken immediately. I attempted to calm myself through meditation,... however in a few seconds, my thoughts only intensified. It was as if I was silencing everything around me, except me... if that makes sense. I stood leaning against the shelf deciding just to wipe my face in my palms. All I could think about was, what would he say if he saw me? There was something I NEEDED to ask him, but I,... feared... the answer. I just wasn't ready to find out just yet.

[Attempting to stealth o_O]

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tao immediately looked at Kamaru with a somewhat confused expression.

"He wants me to... Register...?"

Tao lowered the stack of books and his head lowered slightly with them in a sense of slight disappointment, he was embarrassed to hand over half full forms of registration just because he didn't know how to fill in some of the blanks, some of the words there he couldn't even recognize, but that was just his experience with other registration sheets that he briefly browsed and left hanging without returning to them, he feared that it would be the case again, so he began to fake a silly smile as he looked over towards Kamaru again, this time placing his stack of books on the counter completely

"L-lets forget about the registration, I'll do the work for free, I owe you one after all... N-now, lets go, we have a lot to do after all, right?"

He said trying to dodge the subject as well as he could, he began to walk, attempting to grab Kamaru's wrist and pulling him along, he wasn't exactly sure where they were going though. During their brief exchange of words, he noticed some tapping and dropping sounds, but he figured that it was nothing, people were reading their books all around them, it wouldn't make too much sense to pay attention to every little sound they made. In a case where Kamaru would avoid having his arm grabbed, Tao would pause for a moment before walking away from the counter in an attempt to guess the right direction for their next destination.

[OOC: Sorry for the crappy post, and even more sorry about forgetting this topic ^^";]

[Tao is unaware of Yuri]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru shrugged as it seemed Tao didn’t want to check out the books for some reason. ”If you’re doing an honest day’s work you get an honest day’s pay. I’ve learn of that being set in stone long before coming to this village when working odd jobs in Earth Country.” Kamaru stated as he was suddenly being tugged along. In a way it was odd for a grown man to be pulling another along like this, almost childlike. Kamaru was done for now and putting the books back wasn’t really a priority for either of them.

”There’s always book stores if you don’t want to sign up for a card to take books out. We can go to the one I’ve frequented… Recommended by the Kage of Stone so I figure they don’t add in extras to the cost…” Kamaru offered. Not everyone liked giving up information even if it was beneficial. Sometimes people just liked keeping things secret just that, a secret.

”Good afternoon Miss Yuki.” Kamaru piped over his shoulder as he was pulled along past the young lady in the aisle. It was easy to spot her due to the shaking but for whatever reason she hadn’t opted to say anything, it was her choice. Like Tao everyone had secrets he figured.

Seeing a squinting eyed librarian looking at him and shushing him he nodded and smiled to them as a form of an apology. He hadn’t seen the lady in several days since they had come to the village but she looked like she was doing just fine. Clean compared to when they were on the road, studying, and quiet.

(OoC: No worries)

[Stealth attempt detected, Presses awkward moment button]

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I began to notice that they were coming my way. I straightened up my posture to try and at least appear as if I had myself together. I thumbed through the pages of random book I picked up to appear to be reading it. And then he flashed right by me. I had been trying to hide most of my face but he still recognized me. I tried to act as if I barely noticed and then give a delayed response, in the form of a small wave and mousy, "Hey." I fear however he may have missed it. I got off easy that time. It would be only after he stepped out of view that I realized that he called me 'Miss Yuri.' It was very formal, which in a way meant distant.

The short meet I could swallow though. I came to myself for the time being, trying to remember why I was that aisle to begin with. I could only remember that it was to hide,... but why was I even in this building? Having realized I was, at the moment, without purpose here, in rubbed my head wondering how I allowed myself to get so worked up. "This is ridiculous." I looked at the book I held hoping it would jog my memory. Looking at the inside cover I read, "The Essence... of Bohemein? Interesting but, I don't think that's it." Popping the book shut, I placed it on the shelf somewhere and left the aisle.

I took care to find the two but kept them at a distance unless they approached. I merely kind of followed them. Watched them. Watched him. Some guy dragging him along though the building. I guess he needed Kamaru for something, or rather I hoped he did. I tried to stay out of clear sight yet I remained somewhat visible. He was always helping someone. A hero in every sense of the word to me. Pondered just how I would tell him what I needed to. If either of them looked at me, each time I would just give them a little wave, mouth the word "Hey," then move to another spot to continue my scoping buying my time that I may either remember why was here or formulate the words I would say.

Tao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Tao shifted his sight towards a girl buried in her book, she replied with a wave in a casual way, it seemed like a random encounter. From Tao's understanding she was an acquaintance of Kamaru, the man who openly discussed shinobi related principles and offered him advice and even a convenient way to purchase information at the best price, and yet it was odd, Tao met him only today but he so openly wants to help him out, not hiding a thing from him, it could be the reason why Tao is so friendly with him, more than others at the very least, exposing his emotions in a much more vivid way than he usually would, it was almost as if he was... A friend. Tao however was unsure of what to do next, they needed to head out to do that odd job Kamaru mentioned before, and yet he have greeted a person on the way, it was a possibility that he wanted to have a chat with that person, and Tao didn't want to be in the way, so he let go of Kamaru's wrist and kept his hand to himself, he was unsure of what he should do in a situation like this, it has never happened before either.

Umm... What should I do... I wonder when we are going to do this task, I really want it to be over so that I could go to that store and... Ohh right, I don't have any money... Maybe Satsu-sama could give me some then..."

He paused, attempting to devise a plan to see what he was going to do for the rest of the day, but then something occurred to him, he didn't know how long it'd take to do this task either, could it be several minutes or maybe an hour or a day or a month? He stopped thinking about it, he knew the more he'd dig into this the more worried he'd get, it was best at this point to think of something else. Tao began to glow again, a deem light began to penetrate through his shell like skin and illuminate the surroundings almost as if he himself was a human sized lamp that was meant to brighten up the library. But then he noticed that he began to grab attention from the people around him, then looked at him, quite confused as if they never saw shiny people before, it has never actually occur to him that he was the only one like that, or at least the only one he knew of and that is actually something that is considered quite unusual. He only then noticed that he was glowing so he tried to turn it off, but it took quite a while for it to stop, he wasn't sure why but his masses of energy were swarming around in his body in a more agitated manner than usual, he needed to have that checked, maybe later on after he returns to the Rounin Estate.

[OOC: Sorry for the delay]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With his hands free Kamaru slide his hands into his pocket as he walked casually towards the direction Tao seemed to be pulling him, towards the exit possibly. He watched the man who had been insistently pulling on him in earnest early to get started on a job that Tao had stated he’d for free, with the discussion of he’d get paid came to mind for the work and no description of what it entailed Kamaru wondered if the man had stopped in indecision on what to do.

Yuri had taken to wave usually a way away from the two as he or Tao had glanced at her not really saying much. Tao seemed to glow in his indecision which made Kamaru wonder if the brightness was a condition or a side effect of possible his blood pressure. Eventually Tao ‘dimmed’ looking around at the various people that were probably staring, not everyone left well enough alone when they saw someone glow Kamaru figured.

”Well if you’re up for the job still I’ll get the paperwork written up and sent over to the Embassy, since it’s my day off from the Academy I don’t really feel like doing the work I’ll be doing myself for free either.” Kamaru explained his hands still in his pockets. ”Don’t really know how many boxes you’ll be moving yet but I doubt it’s a small number unless there was a flood or fire involved over the years. For the most part a lot of picking up and putting down. Still up for it?” Kamaru continued before his final inquiry sliding a hand out of his pocket as he motioned with his hand towards the door with a quick rapping motion from two fingers it was odd when the heavy door echoed a sound like if someone had knocked upon it directly before the two walked up to the door. Kamaru smirked slightly a quiet smile reaching for the door and looked to Tao to see if he was still up for the job.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back