Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Biting the Hand that Feeds You [S-Rank SSM]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru stopped his pace and breathed in. Trying to calm himself he realized a frenetic look and posture would not make a good impression on the man so he tried to calm himself as he started walking again making it the last few meters up to the ranch house. The sound of dogs barked stayed in the back of his mind as he was about to knock on the door when he saw someone staring at him through the window.

Large dark brown eyes stared at him and regarded him quietly with a slow blink they seemed to study Kamaru which for some odd reason had him staring back. Kamaru hadn’t had a stared down with a dog in some years not since he was on the streets fighting for scraps in the garbage. This was a bit different, before he was use to a stare down to establish dominance, this was more along the lines of feeling like someone was judging him or making an opinion. Dogs don’t do that though do they? Kamaru thought to himself dismissing the idea as he moved to the door the dog seemed to realize it as well and jumped off from his seat and moved through the house it seemed. Kamaru thought it was odd to hear scratching and see the dog had opened the door for him. Cocking his head to the side he barked sharply once and returned to regarding Kamaru shaking his head his dropping ears flapping around wildly before he sat down in front of Kamaru and just stared at him.

Slightly spacing out Kamaru came around when he heard a man yelling, ”Duke how many times do I have to tell you not to open the door?!?! I know you didn’t do it when that man came by last time but who-“ the man started yelling as he came closer and looked Kamaru up and down. ”Don’t want none.” he said flatly his face taking on a serious tone as he pushed the door to slam it in Kamaru’s face. Kamaru jabbed his foot out catching it in the door, ”I’m here about the report.” Kamaru stated and heard nothing but silence to follow.

The door was eventually yanked back opened, the man looked at Kamaru sternly his jaw locked looking down at Duke who was sitting in the same position his mouth agape with his tongue hanging out as if excited to have a visitor in the house. With another loud sharp bark the dog was off into the house. Kamaru was lead by the man into the room Kamaru had first seen the dog sitting in, he had moved to the same area to sit down watching the two men and waged his tail and waited patiently.

The man went to sit close to the dog causing the dog to move closer dipping his head to have the man’s hand rest on his head as sat upright again. The sternness was gone from the man’s face as the dog whined slightly headbutting the hand on his head slightly until he was scratched, ”This here is Duke, he’s been with me since he was a puppy, last thing I got before my wife passed away. We were young and I was going back to doing work on the road and didn’t think I’d have the time. This little scamp would come running down the road after the caravan no matter who I sold him to or gave him away to, they were all nice people but every time he’d end up finding me before we left the first camp on the trip every time. So I decided to keep him, he wasn’t about to let me leave him behind it seemed. Took up raising and training him in my down time, other people seemed like they’d want a dog like Duke so I took to raising them. I have help for when I’m out and about but I do most of the training myself. Duke honestly does the rest.” the man explained.

”Had people come around wanted to buy a dog or two before, but this guy was different, all oozing with the look and feel of money and no cares. Spoiled brat in the body of a grown man if you ask me, up and explained he wanted Duke after looking at the rest of the dogs, tried to double or triple the normal price when I wouldn’t sell him. Can’t sell Duke he’s the closest thing to family I got. But this guy, voice goes all high pitched and goes off spouting if I know who he is and that this was ‘unacceptable’. Told him his tone and attitude was ‘unacceptable’ and he needed to leave.” the man added before shrugging, ”That’s when someone took to tormenting and messing with my dogs. Not Duke though.” the man explained.

Kamaru explained how he had recently taken down a bomber in the Village of Iwa and that it seemed linked to the man here since he possibly commissioned an order to make smaller bombs, enough to maim a medium to large sized canine. The man immediately stood up his color slowly looking like someone was choking him as he grew increasingly red. ”That bastard! If him or any of his flunkies get close to my dogs I’ll KIL HIM! YOU HEAR ME!” the man burst out storming off.

Kamaru sat quietly for a fee seconds before following, the sounds of the man rummaging for something gave him pause, ”Sir it’s unclear if the commission was sent or not, the guy related to this case may not have gotten around to it, he did blow himself up.” Kamaru explained.

”Couldn’t be good at his job if he ends up blowing himself up…” the man commented as he found a forearm bag to put crossbow bolts in.

Kamaru explained he had done it to not be questioned. The man stopped and shook his head Kamaru could tell the man had a swirling mass of thoughts and emotions before Kamaru had even showed up. Had he made things worse?

”Sir, I’d like to go down and talk to the man myself if I can and get this resolved if you don’t mind.” Kamaru offered. The man waved to dismiss him, they were both surprised when Duke barked having been in the room.

The man seemed to understand something Kamaru didn’t and nodded, ”Duke will point him out.” he said simply going off to muddle in his own plans and designs.

Kamaru wasn’t really good with animals but Duke seemed to be more like a quiet person then anything else. Not having to make idle chit chat seemed to work for the both of them.

Kamaru found it easy to pick out the man he was looking for, even though it was midday he was drinking, being loud, and being rude. Kamaru was about to thank Duke and tell him to go back before he was spotted when he heard the odd high pitch squeal of a grown man screaming out the dog’s name. It seemed to disturbed Duke too since he whined slightly.

See Kamaru and his attire his excited and happy nature turned toxic and pompous as his nostrils flared.

”Oi, did that old man sell you Duke? That bastard.” he demanded almost spitting.

”I’m just the hired bodyguard for Duke over the next few days in case something happens to him. I think my employer might be going on a trip or relocating, didn’t spend that much time asking questions.” Kamaru lied as the man moved forward to pet Duke. A hand on his chest stopped him.

”Please don’t crowd my charge, this might be one of the last times he gets to walk around the town at his leisure.” Kamaru explained suddenly shoving the man back.

Hurt, shocked, and dejected he just looked at Kamaru his mouth agape. A larger man stepped between the too and stated, ”I’d appreciate it if you didn’t touch MY employer.” before he shoved Kamaru with both hands. Kamaru didn’t move. Looking down at Duke Kamaru winked. Oddly enough Duke didn’t seem to mind the fact Kamaru may be stirring up trouble so he instigating a bit more.

Nodding he commented on the other man stating Kamaru figured he was the other bodyguard. It looked like Kamaru just reached out and taped the man’s upper lip with one knuckle. Everyone watched the odd spectacle until the man’s nose was bleeding and Kamaru had officially be labeled a troublemaker by those involved.

”Why you little-“ the man roared trying to lunge at Kamaru. He shifted his wait back stiffening before he sneezed in the man’s face, spittle flying everywhere,

”You reek of bad cologne!” Kamaru mumbled over a hand shielding his nose before he winked a Duke again and sneezed this time headbutting the taller man since he was still leaning forward. As he slumped to the floor Kamaru stared at the employer pulling out a picture. ”I have reason to believe this man might be sending you something, it might be a faulty product though. He killed himself when the police raided his place… That’s the real reason I came to see you. I’d stay away from the owner’s place if I was you also. Have a good day.” Kamaru explained causing the man to lose his footing and fall on his rear. Walking down the road Kamaru looked at Duke.

”Too much?” Kamaru asked getting a bark as a reply the dog looked happy, ”I didn’t think so either.”

They both stopped and looked on the rooftops simultaneously to see several figures.

”Duke back to the house… NOW!” Kamaru barked out as a flurry of crossbow bolts peppered the area the two were. In the smoke Kamaru kicked up two dogs went bonding off towards the ranch splitting up and heading off in different directions.

Kamaru felt a heavy presence on him as he split off from Duke transformed into looking like the dog. He knew five people were following him. He just hoped Duke could outrun the two chasing him as well. Getting into a thicket broke line of sight for those firing at him and just spurred them onwards to find him. Laying in some bushes a dagger stabbed into Kamaru’s side while he was transformed. Sticky wet brown liquid oozed out as the dog took on the form of mud weighing down the attacker’s arm before he was suddenly pulled underground.

The second was taken out by a delayed shot hitting next to them as they dodged running into Kamaru’s already extended foot. The third was taken out due to lack of oxygen in a submission hold when falling from a tree onto them.

Kamaru entered a clearing to see what he figured was the heavy presence he had felt before plus a flunky.

”It looks like Noburo, Tadiyuki, and Eriko were taken down by this simple upstart. Hirokazu go assist Toin and Tomoe.” the man ordered.

The one assisting or his suborndinate seemed to have an intense look in his eyes nodded and barked out yes. Kamaru paid him no mind, if the three couldn’t be held off before he got there or down it was pointless if their boss took Kamaru out afterwards before seemed like a better method.

”Nakajima Kiyonori, remember the name of the man who killed you.” the man stated. Kamaru fished for the connection as he stretched a bit, ”I take it you’re the real bodyguard?” Kamaru inquired.

When the man nodded Kamaru sighed, ”And that why he hired a con artist and theif to steal away what you can’t? This job be becoming troublesome…” Kamaru added in an annoyed tone. He watched the first step of the man as he predicted, Kamaru was more surprised how the man was already on him trying to connect with a kick to the side of Kamaru’s temple. Strikes weren’t the only exception since with each strike that would grab out at Kamaru usually aiming for his joints… This looked like it would be troublesome.

The man seemed to be profient in both Taijutsu and Ninjutsu, unfortunately Kamaru was realizing his opponent was better then him countering each Ninjutsu technique and attacking twice while just having to defend once versus Kamaru’s attacks. Even though they were in an open field Kamaru felt like he was being backed into a corner. Kamaru had slowly whittled down his options for Ninjutsu techniques and came up with a strategy. He found the man too easily dodged his physical attacks and he was left with options of using fire and kinjutsu based techniques that would most likely land. Modified posture and chakra seeped into Kamaru as he took on a fire style form letting his aggressor grab onto him, initially he didn’t realize it until his hand caught fire figure Kamaru had just finally been worn down from the attacks. The aggressor had little room to back up his onslaught having been to easily obstained never noticed the seals placed around him by Kamaru as pillars of flame surrrended the two. With Heavy breath Kamaru exploded into a gout of flame armor blackened and charred appearing underneath. Kamaru let loose a barrage of fire based jutsu at once which the man dodged away from. He didn’t realize Kamaru had set up a jutsu to redirect them unseen to the normal eye.

Back inside the inn Nakajima looked at his employer, ”It’s mostly done.” he stated.

”Mostly? I don’t pay you for mostly, I pay you to do a job. Get the bombs and check some of them out before you use them, don’t want your minions up and blowing themselves up, you’ll br trying to stick the blame on me.” the man spat still disgusted with his meetinged with Kamaru.

”Fair enough.” Kamaru explained dropping the transformation technique before dropped the bodyguard and then the boss.

After his fight with Nakajima he told Kamaru what to say to his pupils but when he got to the ranch he was surprised at what he save. He helped the man get the arrow out of his arm but the attackers weren’t around. The dogs were all together even Duke. Kamaru didn’t like the satisfied or possibly stuffed look in their eyes, Duke licked his chops knowingly.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back