Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Broken knuckles? That's it?!? [Taijutsu Class OPENED]

Ishu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Arena! Ahhh, the glorious smell of this place brought so many joyful memories to Saigo. Here he was king, well at least in his head. In his Genin days Taijutsu was his only weapon. So he mastered its craft, indulging himself in the art of fighting. Oh the joy this place brought him made him want to fight! His mind jumping and racing but his body calm and relaxed. The field of battle. Saigo didn't want to pamper his students. They will meet here, and study here. This isn't a class room. No pen or paper needed. In battle who gets to write down how to do what? You live and learn adjust and go on the fly.

"WHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Saigo yelled in excitement. He was happy and he was hoping his class would be in the same mood. But then again Saigo called for class to be at six in the morning. Maybe he was a little crazy but but maybe he was just testing the students? He looked behind him. No black board, or desks. What kind of teacher was he? Well the students should know this is a Taijutsu class so maybe they could get the memo from just that. He remembered when he wrote the class in the memo all he said was get ready for a taijutsu class. he hoped they are all suited up for this. He stop by a training post and started to go through the motions. Left, right, kick, duck, sweep, axe kick. As always Saigo was wearing his signature leather sheep coat and his black jeans with combat boots. His belt was his Kumogakure headband. He stood six feet six inches talk, with milk chocolate skin. He has short black hair, buzzed cut to be more precise. From the looks of it he seemed be completely lean and muscular. And this time looks were not deceiving. The only scar visible was the one on his face. It went form his left temple all the way straight down through his cheek to his chin. From what they could guess a blade and that would be correct. He waited patiently as he went through the motions.
[OOC : Ok this is a Taijutsu class! We will have fun as playing with kunais, shuriken, and making your knuckles bleed is always a fun thing to do. Rules... oh yeah Rules..

1.) From this post I will give anyone who wants to come in this class 3 days to post. After those three days class will officially begin.
2.) I wont have a minimum on word count for this class but you still have to follow the site rule for posting. If you don't know what it is Pm me I will gladly tell you what it is...
3.) To add to rule three if you have any questions etc about anything in the class feel free to PM me and i shall help you.
4.) This is a Taijutsu class so yes you will be tested physically... :D

Lets have fun and hope we all enjoy this class..

Yoshinaga Miyako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miya sighed. Her first hands-on class. Taijutsu. She shrugged, wouldn't hurt to learn it. This would be her fourth class.She hoped some of her friends would be here. It would be nice to test her speed against their strength. She thought it would be a lot of fun.

As Miya walked into the arena and spotted a person whom she assumed was her teacher. He was tall, lean and muscular. He was a slightly intimidating sight for the small 4 foot Miya. He was practicing on a training post, steadily but very quick and precise. She coughed, trying to get his attention. "Good morning Sensei. My name is Yoshinaga Miyako, but you can call me Miya, if you would like." She bowed, the deeper 45 degrees, as she had learned in her etiquette class. She sat back to watch her teacher, watching him limber himself up. She was in awe, for she had never seen anything like it, nothing to match the speed besides her own running speeds.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tanaka Hikari was sweating before the sun had risen. She had decided to wake before morning and run as a warm up for her first class of the dat. Taijutsu. Sounded fun. She grinned and wiped her forehead as she finished her mile long warmup. She strolled into class- which wasn't far from where she'd been, "Good morning, Sensei." She bowed, remembering her etiquette class, "I am Tanaka Hikari. Good to meet you." Then she spotted the red head from etiquette, "Oh, hello, Miya." She bobbed an appropriate greeting, "Nice morning for a workout!" She grinned. Hikari was an early bird if ever there was one.

She brushed back her overcurly hair into a bun, which promptly began to loosen as her wild hair freed itself to frame her face and tickle her ears. She wore plain yet appropriate clothing for running and working out.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
After having noticed the info on a Taijutsu class a whole week before, Keiji got excited. During the entire week he had increased his training exercises. Training his jabs, dodges and his balance. He had studied several books and in his hideout near his home he had already by the age of 8 gotten himself several training equipment both by partly building them himself and taking pent up broken ones from training centers and dojos, and then fixing them up. All of them hidden away in his hideout. He had also been in several fights over the course of several years, gotten into trouble and even beating up guys much older than himself. He knew full well what he was getting himself into by signing up for the class. Although he had never had a proper trainer. At least not one above Chuunin rank, and never one for more than a few hours a month. Through training and concentration he had even learned to strike more heavily and powerful on a target with the help of Chakra focusing, he could even strike all the way through 3 cm thick boards with his index and middle finger outstretched.

He was looking very much forward to this day, he had gotten up extremely early the morning waking up before everyone else in the house, careful not to wake up Jin his little brother, who had previously cheered on him on numerous occasions while training, he took on his equipment and clothes, he packed extra clothes in a simple shoulder back he carried it with him. The sun hadn't come out yet, and the streets were empty, he got to his hideout, and there he began training. All to get his body limber and ready to show off his skills in class the same day. After a quick session of a few hours. He washed himself in a nearby bathhouse it calmed his mind, readied his soul and body to begin showing off his skills to everyone at the class. After the bath, he took on some of his extra clothes he had packed. As he went out, he sneaked out without paying, he didn't have the money for bathing there and he had done so on numerous occasions. Apparently the owners of the place hadn't even realized that he does it.

On his way to the Academy he began running steadily getting his heartbeat up and getting adrenalin pumping through his veins. In his mind as he was running he kept repeating a training chant he had thought of in the evening before. "Fight-o. Fight-o. Fight-o. Fight-o. Fight-o." As he neared the Academy he thought; "I'm ready to show off all I got!" He ran in through the main door, dodging the other students, he was in good time, but the class was about to commence.
He dodged a few other students. "Right, Left, Down, Left, Down, Left, Right." His blood was pumping and adrenalin was running in his veins. He was ready to kick ass!

Keiji stopped in front of the door to the Arena. Taking a deep breath, be opened the door and walked in with his back straightened and a smile on his face. First step into the room he scanned the room in an instant. First thing he noticed was Miyako standing and staring at someone doing some training or other, then Hikari, "Familiar faces all around eh?.." Then he took a second to analyze the person Miyako was staring at. Sensei?.. He didn't immediately seem like the teaching sort. But his posture and precision did indeed indicate a skill level Keiji was far from reaching. But he had indeed the intention of surpassing him regardless. He walked up to the guy training and while walking he waved quickly at both Hikari and Miyako whilst smiling and back being straightened, he stopped and bowed slightly in acknowledgment of the Sensei's presence and skill and said in a nonchalant way "Greetings Sensei, I'm-" He looked up, stood straight again, smiled at him and pointed towards his chest with his thumb. "Keiji, Suzaku Keiji!" He then pointed at the Sensei with his index and middle finger outstretched and said in a challenging fashion "And I'm going to surpass you!"

As he awaited response he turned his head towards Miya, smiled, and gave a thumbs up.

Yoshinaga Miyako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miya smiled brightly at Hikari, "Good to see you Hikari-san! It is a nice morning to do some running." She became slightly bouncy, feeling her hyperness setting in. She pulled her hair back tightly into a loose bun, letting her hair fan out above her head and fall to the side.

Then Keiji waltzed into the arena. Miya smiled at him as he waved at herself and Hikari. He then greeted the teacher in an almost rude way. Miya couldn't help herself but laugh as Keiji challenged the teacher. He was so silly! He gave Miya a smile and a thumbs up, and Miya walk towards him. "You're so silly Suzaku-kun! How are you today? Ready for the coming fun?" She smiled an almost cocky smile, she couldn't wait to see if her speed could match or surpass Keiji's. She loved running so much, so she was extremely quick. It was rare to find someone her own age that could keep up with her. The only thing Miya lacked was strength. She was strong, but she could easily be overpowered by someone with more than average strength. She relied on her speed more than anything.

Ishu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Saigo kept training he sensed the first student come in. She was light on her feet as she didn't make much vibrations on the ground when walking. "Float like a butterfly..." Saigo said to himself as he quickly changed his stance into a floaty style. He started to bounce lightly on his toes and his punches become quicker. He turned his head and gave the young girl a smile. Stopping his training he greeted her with a bow. He gave her a relax while the rest of the students get here gesture and continued to keep going. The second student. Not as light on her feet like the first but she was not heavy footed either. This made him happy. This meant that they were in shape. As he once again turned his head he smiled and gave the same gesture. This was a polite gesture as Saigo didn't want to introduce himself seven times in a row. He acknowledged the bow from the students and waiting a bit longer. Then from outside, the arena like course, Saigo could feel the third student coming up. He was running fast, heavily planting his feet on the ground causing much vibrations on the ground. He must have been in a hurry. But in honest truth Saigo just hoped he was just excited. As he approached Saigo, he seemed to have calmed a bit down as his feet didn't make as near the amount of vibrations on the ground as when he was running in. Then he introduced himself. Bam. "Sting like a Bee..." He said to himself. As he finished introducing himself, Saigo once again changed his style. from bouncing lightly on his feet to firmly planting his front feet before connecting his fists with the wooden pole. But when finished connecting he would go back to the bouncing. As they finished introducing themselves Saigo picked up speed in his training. Moving much faster and landing much more precise, he felt the inner flame light up. Right before he finished he stated. "Float like a butterfly." He said in a strong tone. He then threw a left hook at a blinding speed. Right before it connected he stated. "And sting like a bee!" He yelled. As he connected the practice pole shattered into many pieces. Some pieces went flying into the air. But the crazy part was that part of the pole had literally vanished into a cloud of dust. He stepped out of the position he was in and turned one hundred and eighty degrees.

"Your youth! All of you! So young and bright!" He said in a happy tone. He rotated his neck to make sure it felt right. Then he looked back at students. "I am Ishi Saigo, and I am your Taijtsu teacher for the day! Please make sure you are limber and ready to go. But before anything." He looked at Keiji. He wasn't as polite as the other students. Respect was something that Saigo encouraged to all he meet. Staring at him in the eyes he then laughed and smiled. He placed his heavy left hand over his head and rubbed it on his head. "One day I hope you all surpass me!" He said happily. Maybe it wasn't the response Keiji was assuming he was going to get. Getting up and lifting his hand of Keiji's head he went on.

"Well before we can go on the field, I will ask a few questions. This will give me a better understanding of how much you guys know and how fast paced this class will be." He said lightly. He looked at the three students with a smile. "First, is this your first taijutsu class? Second. How fit are you if you were to judge yourself. Three. What do you plan on getting out of this class. And last but not least." He took a break for a second. He looked back at the wreckage he had left. Then he turned back to his students. "Where does power come from?" He said seriously. He was wondering what these students really know about Taijtsu.
Class is now Starting! Posting order, well usually I would say there is one but I wont place it as a rule etc. Class doens't really have a determined time for it to stop so we shall have fun :D!

Any questions please just ask me send me a PM etc.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was a subject that Shisou was completely excited and ready for; it just so happens that it was the only one he was late to as well. Such things happen when small men try to bar their sons from achieving great things. As he did every morning, Shisou woke early, this time with a broad smile on his face. He dressed very light. He had his lower abdomen in a medical wrap, while he let the rest of his upper body go cloth less. If the instructor of Taijutsu did not respect his choice of keeping his body light and free of any potential range of motion blockers, Shisou did not know if he could respect the teacher. Shisou had been learning to fight since he could walk, and he had done most of it with but a pair of boxers. He couldn’t even think of learning a new technique while sitting in a restraint called clothes. However, to preserve propriety, Shisou did slip on a pair of tight, close-fitted ninja pants. They felt like a second pair of skin, but even that felt restrictive. Rotating his body through all the ranges of motion, Shisou silently monitored his limitations and made the mental adjustments accordingly, one never knew the extents to which he would be pushed in a class about fighting.

The pant choice was the easy part, next came the ninja tool belt. Within it, Shisou had a full stock of standard kunai, shuriken, ninja wire, and even two exploding tags; Shisou’s father had made sure the belt was stocked every day. After that, Shisou grabbed his two specialty kunai, those he tucked into the exposed holsters on his belt. ‘Hmm… I might need something bigger as well.’ Shisou looked through his room quickly, and quickly selected his father’s mace, the very same one that had broken his ribs several times, a short kukri and its accompanying kunai. The kunai he strapped to his back, and the kukri and mace hung from thong-holsters connected to his belt. Shisou was armed to the teeth, nearly, and after all that he flung his cloak around his shoulder; before the tails of the cloak had settled, Shisou was exiting his house.

The next hour, however, was spent fighting off his deranged father in the open streets. It was early enough that no one took notice, but not too early that Shisou would still have been on time. The Father-Son pair stood out among the cloying darkness of the early hours, and even once the sun kissed the landscape about them, the pair continued, ankle deep in the snow near their home, fighting as if nothing else mattered. Shisou was clearly outclassed, but he would never let such a thing show, and the moment he saw an opportunity to escape, Shisou bolted. He ran with as much speed as he could muster and eventually gained enough distance that he was safe; all in all, Shisou did not have a single broken bone for this day. That was a victory in his eyes.

Now, though, Shisou knew he was late, so he made straight for the Obstacle Course, the place where the Taijutsu class was to be taking place at this very moment. He ran with the speed that only a preteen boy could, one that was uncaring about joints, or decency, or social conduct. Yes, Shisou ran like a boy with fire on his heels, and thusly, he arrived at the Academy in a timely manner, though still not on time for his class. ‘At least I am warmed up now. At least I should try to make a dramatic appearance.’ The Arena was the place, so Shisou snuck around near it and caught the last bit of the teacher’s words. Shisou took a second to contemplate what his plan was, and then he took off at a quick sprint towards the class. In a moment after that he took a running leap, launching himself into the air. In those few moments, Shisou drew his kukri and mace. With a flourish Shisou landed heavily in the center of the students right near the teacher, his right hand, brandishing the mace, came down and smacked squarely into the ground. The kukri was brandished over his head, though it was pointed across Shisou’s chest in a non-combative way. His cloak billowed around his body and his chest glimmered slightly with the sweat of his earlier physical exhaustion.

“Sensei! My name is Kagatsuchi Shisou, and I apologize for my tardiness.” Shisou lowered himself to one knee and inclined his head in a respectful bow to the teacher. After a moment of appropriate silence, Shisou looked straight up at the man, and he was instantly impressed. He absorbed his impression, and smiled. “I as well will seek to surpass you sensei.” Shisou spoke his words absolutely, his tone firm. “This is my first Taijutsu class, and as such I do not have a set guide to judge myself by. However, I have been training in the art of combat since I was a child.” In truth, Shisou was already littered with tiny silver scars all over his body, though without inspection one could not really tell. “I plan on learning all that you can teach me, as long as it falls within the parameters of my skill, and if it does not fall within my parameters, then I will just have to go beyond my limit.” Shisou paused for a breath and a moment of reflection and of effect. “Power comes from diligence and perseverance, for without those, even the sharpest blade will dull. You must always be pushing yourself forward, to the absolute limits, because that is the only way to truly test your strength and grow, not only in physical prowess, but as a human being. At least those are my thoughts on the matter. Once again, pardon my tardiness.” Shisou once again bowed his head, his body the entire time staying stock still in the one-knee on the ground gesture. With his elaborate bow, his mace pressed into the ground before him, and his kukri horizontal against his figure, Shisou would either be taken as a ‘cool’ kid or a class clown. Shisou did not care particularly which one, as he didn’t take a second to see who was in the class yet.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Keiji was just about to talk, and tell the sensei about his thoughts and experiences. That was until he heard Shisou landing on the ground with his weapons drawn behind him. His speech caught him a bit by surprise, resulting in Keiji losing his composure for a second. After Shisou had finished his speech and finished talking about his view on where power comes from. Keiji took a few steps back, and stood next to Shisou. Posed himself so as to brandish his chest forward and held his hand up, pointing his thumb inwards on his chest. And spoke in a clear and direct voice, almost shouting. "I've been fighting since childhood too! This is also my first proper class, and I intend to fight all the way till I reach my goal!" He paused for second. "Power comes from the heart! And the soul!" He shifted his hand a bit making his thumb point further inwards on his chest. "It comes from deep within, flowing out into your hands, weapons and tools! And strength comes from the mix of Heart, brain, body and soul!" As the moment passed. Keiji looked down to his side to look down at Shisou and smiled. Keiji thought to himself. 'Awesome!'

Yoshinaga Miyako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miya paid close attention to what the teacher was saying, for this was the first time she would practice any kind of combat. She had never gotten into fights with the other children. They always stayed away from her, thinking she wasn't normal. Then Saigo asked a few questions, the last asking where does power come from. Miya held onto this question. She thought really hard about it. While she was thinking Shisou came dashing into the arena. As she watched him, she blushed slightly, due to his clothing choice, then stepped back as he landed in front of her. She sighed, her eyes narrowing to watch his movements. He seemed fine... As she listened to his response to the teacher's question, she looked over at Keiji, seeing just the slightest trace of surprise, just before it vanished. Once Shisou finished, Keiji stepped back and gave his answers.

Miya stepped forward as Keiji spoke, ending up beside Keiji. Smiling at Keiji's glance to Shisou, she straighten herself slightly, arms naturally at her sides. She looked at Saigo and took a breath, preparing to speak. The cold set into her skin, slightly worse than the last times.

Bells in her soft voice, she spoke with strength, "This will be my first taijutsu class, Ishi-sensei. Due to the fact that I have never truly experienced a fight or trained in combat, I do not believe I have a lot of strength, but I am rather sure I can surpass anyone in speed." The slightest hint of cockiness graced her voice for a split second. As she continued her voice became prideful, "I plan on getting everything out of this class that you can teach me. And power? It comes from within, within your determination, goals, and will." She nodded and relaxed her posture some, relaxing and stretching her muscles, with minimal movement. She knew she should have gone on a quick run before class, but she was doing chores for her mother before she could leave out for class.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
LightningFarronfull494602-1-1-2.jpg

'Twas the first day of scouting, and Tomomi was already making things difficult for the young women known as Kato Haruka. "Come on Haruka, let me out to play with the kiddies! I promise I won't hurt anyone!" she begged. Haruka was en-route to the academy by this point and arguing with herself publicly. "No! We agreed that I would let you fight for us, and that's what we are gonna do." she replied firmly. Watching from afar, you would see just one person speaking to herself. But to Haruka, Tomomi was now gloomy and in the mood to spite. "But I've been good for so long!" said Tomomi. Haruka merely rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Really? All those times where you tried to force yourself out a couple weeks ago? No means no Tomomi, be good for six months and maybe we can change our little agreement." Haruka concluded, the person in her head vanishing to apparently sulk at the decision.

"Finally some peace and quiet... Now where is that class I had wanted to watch?" she asked aloud while moving close to someone official looking to ask for some simple directions. Once on the right track, she began to make her way outside while a sudden pang of nervousness hit her. It was her first day scouting for potential genin to make up her squad. Pair that with the fact it was her first time putting a squad together and Haruka was afraid she might do something wrong. Thankfully, she found the class mentioned without much problem and walked in when the obvious Sensei was asking them where power comes from. "Damn that itching..." she cursed under her breath and reached up to sate the desire of her skin with a scratch. The Solar seal on the right side of her neck had a habit of itching at the worst times; but Haruka blamed Tomomi for it most of the time. Once the desire was repressed she took up position on a seat nearby and made sure the Sensei got the hint she was just there to watch how they might answer the question.

Their responses let Haruka know she had missed some part of his inquiry, but she really only wanted to hear about what they thought power was. For to her, power was now that strange gift Tomomi knew how to use; it was that strange power that she had vowed to learn how to use as well. The first boy, Shisou, answered typically. How else would a student with no experience measure power. Some measured it by the strongest ninjutsu they could cast, or how many push-ups one could successfully finish; but then there were the few who measured it by will power and strength of heart. "Power-- all depends how you define it, Sensei." she thought. The other two spoke of it coming from within one's self. Again, could be correct, but Haruka pondered what definition of power the teacher was using.

[Don't wait for me to post, I am merely here to observe, not interact. Unless Saigo requests for me to do so of course]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari was both surprised by Keiji's insolence, and not. She remembered his silliness from Equipment 101, and sighed. After the boy arrived, Miya wandered away and began talking to him. Hikari rubbed her hands together and waited for sensei to speak. She enjoyed the quiet of he morning, aside from the people, it was relatively peaceful. Then Sensei turned to them with enthusiasm, and began to ask questions.

"First, is this your first taijutsu class? Second. How fit are you if you were to judge yourself. Three. What do you plan on getting out of this class. And last but not least." He took a break for a second. He looked back at the wreckage he had left. Then he turned back to his students. "Where does power come from?"

Hikari waited until after the others had spoken, and when they were done, she answered. "It is indeed my first Taijutsu class, Sensei. I consider myself quite physically fit, as I excersize regularly, both running and other things, to test my strength and endurance. I would like to gain a better understanding of my physical limits, even as I work to surpass them." The last question made her pause. She sensed that this was where the heart of the matter lay. The others answers seemed to find the same answer... it rang, though a little dull. She tucked a stray curl behind her ear, and said, "Power... can come from many places. Persevering power can come from within, true, but what of political power? What or parental power? What of the power drawn from outside? What do you think, Sensei? What sort or power are you talking about?" Just then, she became aware of another presence.

Hikari sidestepped as she caught sight of a woman who stood quietly at the back of the room. Hikari had never seen her before. She reached up to scratch her neck. "How long has she been here...?" Hikari asked herself.

Ishu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"If you were trying to sneak through here, you failed. Remember. First rule of an assassin. Quiet as the night, quick and lethal blows. Untraceable get away. Dad, Thanks for those wise words." He said to himself as the kid landed in front of the students slamming his mace to the ground. Cool entrance if that is what he was aiming for. Then again Saigo thought back to his days. He was a kid he understood why this kid this did. He was wearing nothing up top. Ninja leggings on the bottom. Weapons like he was some cool assassin. But he remembered this guy from school. The cool man. The one to first step up and do everything every guy wanted to do. Then Keiji. The 'I am bad ass' kid. THe kid who challenges the cool kid. Usually these two would get along everywhere but they would be rivals in mind. They will always be trying to surpass each other. Competition. They would make each other strong in the long run. Unless they end up killing themselves. He hoped they kept each other alive long enough to find their own limits.

Miyako, and Hikari were completely different. Saigo couldn't see the future and that is a fact. But These two. They were different. How? Calm, collective. Relaxed. They didn't need to show anything or prove anything. They first wanted to prove it to themselves. Saigo admired this. He thought that way. He needed to prove to himself he was better than anything standing in front of him. But he wasn't flashy or a complete dick head about it. He was relaxed and let everyone talk. But when he stepped on the floor they would know who he was. Two different type of people. So little time. Then again, it was enough to get this class rolling.

"Shisou! Never be late again. Got it? If this was a mission, unacceptable. A fight is decided in seconds, not minutes. One second and you could be winning, or losing a fight." He said strongly. He got serious for a second as he knew this was a fact. As he said this he noticed another person join. She was light on her feet and made no entrance. She sat down and well stood there. He felt like he was being watched. He shrugged it off. He took the answers and only one person took a different approach. "A cookie for you..." He said to himself. The fact is he never specified. He left the word out there and in general what they said is in fact a fact.

"Strength. Will. Heart. Power. So close yet so far away. These four things are close, yet so damn far away." He stopped for a second. He looked at the arena. It was quite quiet in the arena and Saigo wasn't used to that. "Strength. A driving force, from your body. But before strength one must push their will. Will starts in the mind. It is a mechanical thought process of pushing your own borders to move a weaken body. But that doesn't work without heart. This is the soul of your being. One must have a strong heart to become strong. This overrides anything and everything to push your mind to its limits. But Power." He then pointed at Hikari. "Hikari, you questioned the type of power. Because you over thought the question. You get a cookie! But All the answers I got answered the three things stated above but not power. So power..." He stopped yet again. He looked at his students. This was a class about breaking knuckles and throwing shuriken why the fuck were they still talking?

"It is an emotion. An idea. It isn't measurable by strength, will or heart. It is on its own category. Power is greed. Any kind of power is greed. Whether it be the power to move mountains or to push an army. To want power is to be greedy. Power masks itself as being strength. But when you see them in action, they are the opposite." He stopped. He wanted to show them the two version for them to compare but he didn't have someone to display power. He stopped at looked at his students. He smiled. He was truly happy about one thing. They displayed heart will and strength. This was going to be an awesome set of students. He hoped they understood what he was trying to say.

He then directed the attention of the students towards a wall. The wall was about a hundred feet away and every ten feet there was a target. The wall had a "bulls-eye" marker on it. The other targets were practice wooden poles standing about six feet tall with wooden spokes sticking out.

"Now! Target practice." He said happily. He smiled and took out ten shuriken and kunai from his holster. "From here it is about a hundred feet to the wall. Every ten or so feet there is a wooden pole. Hit each pole from closest to farthest with your shuriken and kunai. You can throw them how ever you want, but you must be behind this line here." He said as he made a line on the ground with the heel of his foot. The poles were zing-zaged from each left to right. "This is just to see and let you guys get a 'feel' for it." He said as he threw his Shuriken and Kunai one after another hitting each target on the top portion. On his last target, the bulls-eye on the wall, he flung his shuriken skyward, flicking his wrist last second. The shuriken got lost in the blinding lights of the closed arena. He waited a second before throwing his Kunai at blinding speed. The shuriken landed on the pulls eyes, on an angle, where the inner circle of the shuriken was facing the students at an angle towards the ground. The kunai flew straight to the target. Hit right where the open circle of the shuriken was. Impaling itself to the target it was just to give the students and idea of what they can do if they are capable of doing it.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari saw the targets as Sensei told her she'd over thought the question. She shrugged, "It happens." Her eyes wandered back to the targets and she thought of the Kunai class, her first real class. Her hands started itching to get at her throwing daggers. It was something she excelled at. Her eyes wandered from Sensei to each target and she planned idly how she would hit them. She had taken to carrying her own small set of Kunai and Shurukien. Three and six respectively, hidden away in her sleeves and loose fitting pants.

She watched Sensei hit the targets in a dazzling speed. She wondered for a moment, how she did it. Then she huffed, pulled back her hair into a tighter ponytail, marched up to the line. She drew her own stash of blades and aimed for the furthest target, which was easily a good fifty yards closer than the first targets Shinrya-sensei had set up for them in Equipment 101. She remembered her chakra control, to make her throws stronger and more accurate. She wanted a bulls-eye. "Set the bar high." She murmured to herself. Of course the sensei was better. His throws were more accurate to the center of the targets. Her first throw hit a little high on the back target, just on the edge of the innermost circle. Her second throw hit a little below and toward the center of the same target. The third smacked into the middle circle of the target that was just before the wall, and so on, each one close to the center but off a little. She grinned as she ran out of projectiles, just to herself.

"I didn't know that Taijutsu included Kunai, Sensei. I apologize for the misinformation. I took a class involving Kunai taught by Shinrya-san. We did a lot of target practice."

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Keiji reached up and stretched his arms as Ishi-sensei went on about what power is, listening closely he analyzed his wordings and what he said.
He lowered his arms and pouted a little bit as Hikari got all the glory cookie?, I'm gonna be getting a cake later in this class!. Heh
Although he admits that he actually questioned the sensei's logic internally with himself about what had just happened For one thing he didn't specify, and Hikari mentioned, but according to his answer he didn't really describe where it came from, but more what power IS This kind of bothered Keiji as to him it wasn't a straight answer. Does power then come from Greed?, or what is it he's trying to teach us?! Keiji got a bit frustrated in his mind. and scratched his head making his dreadlocks move a bit randomly.

As Ishi-sensei went over to show everyone what the next task would be, Keiji looked to his side to realize someone else had entered the arena looking over the class, like a hawk watching over it's prey. Shivers went down his spine as he looked at the person. "but you must be behind this line here." Was the words he properly heard. Which was all enough information he needed to know. He scanned the wall, and the poles. We have to shoot them? he looked at Saigo shoot off his Kunai and shurikens Easy! Keiji remembered clearly what he had been taught previously by Kitsune in her class. He felt quite comfortable doing some shooting. After the shooting class he had undergone a few training exercises to get better and in his backpack he had packed a few Kunai and Shurikens he had stolen from his father's locker 4 days ago, which he had kept in his room amidst his regular equipment in the house. He was prepared for this. He placed his backpack on the ground as Hikari went up to shoot hers. He took out 7 Kunai, he preferred to throw Kunais around himself, they seemed simpler by design, and much more appropriate for target practice. He 5 holstered of them in his side-arm holster and held the last one, he weighted it carefully in his hand. As Hikari was finished and had stepped back, he went up to the line, and held his kunai lightly. He closely examined the locations of each target and got the feel of each angle that would be necessary to strike at in order to hit each target. He calculated it carefully, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Opened them, and in an instant he got into position and tightened his muscles, readied the angle and threw his Kunai, just as he had thrown he instantly grabbed from holster another Kunai and threw again, and again, and again, after each throw he increased the angle, and the strength applied to the throw. All 7 Kunais was thrown immediately after each other. Each Kunai successfully hit the targets in place. His precision though, was debatable. He had hit the sides of the spokes on each of the standing poles, the target hanging upon the wall was hit on the 3rd ring from the center. He took a deep breath, and then turned around and smiled widely. Successful training was successful!

He walked back to the other students placing himself next to Shisou again, and nodded in his way with a friendly smile. You're up soon buddy~ He thought as he hoped he didn't need to say any words to indicate friendliness towards Shisou. He kind of liked a friendly rebuttal between friends. And he saw Shisou as just that. A good friend.

Yoshinaga Miyako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miya sighed when Saigo said they were going to do some target practice. She was lucky her mother gave her some kunai just in case, but she had never used them before. She took out the 10 that she had received that morning. She watched as Hikari and Keiji went first. They did a very good job, it showed that they had practice with this before. When they finished she stepped up to the specified line. She took a deep breath and looked at the first target. She held the sharper end of the first kunai, bent her knees slightly, drew back and threw hard. She watched it fly away from her hand, but it passed the first and second poles at hit the third on one of the inner circles. She blushed, that was not what she meant to do.

She shook her head and took position again, looking at the first pole, and threw this one slightly lighter. When it hit the first target, in-between the outer ring and the next one in line, she smiled. She wasn't doing bad for her very first time. She then threw the next 8, one after the other, harder and harder, angling each one slightly more that the previous one. Each one hit, each in a better position than the last. When she finished, she sighed and stepped back, giving herself a mental pat on the back, hoping she had done well. She stood off to the side of Keiji and Shisou, waiting for Shisou to show off.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shisou listened to each and every student’s answer to the sensei’s question, and then Shisou calmly listened as the Sensei told them they all were wrong. It was a strange thing for Shisou to be told he was wrong, especially on a topic that was largely philosophical. However, Shisou nodded at what the Sensei said, everyone was entitled to their own opinion. “Sensei, I promise I will never be late again. I make it my sworn duty!” Shisou spoke in his most sincere voice, because he was actually sincere about that; he would, to the best of his ability, never be late again. There was no time to waste in this world.

Next, the Sensei was having them do target practice. Shisou smiled, because this was something he could do as secondhand as he could breathe; Shinji had seen to that. So Shisou watched as everyone took their turns and were very impressive. It took a long time for anyone to master such a subtle art, but every ninja needed to know how to throw projectiles. Shisou waited for everyone to go, hopefully, and then he stepped up to the line and flexed his arms. The sunlight felt warm as it kissed his bare skin, pale scars showing to everyone. No longer was he ashamed of them fully, for everyone had a past. Shisou’s past was just evident in a physical sense, across his skin.

Turning his head, he stared at his classmates for a moment, then, suddenly, he started to walk backwards, taking a few great strides back from the line. He did not want to show off, but the line was too close to the targets for Shisou’s liking. Back and back he went, until he finally stopped, a good fifteen feet behind the original starting point. Shisou finally put the mace back in its thong on his belt, and then took his kukri and etched a straight line in the ground in front of him; that would be his line. Shisou flashed the class a large smile while he turned back to the targets.

The first kunai was the easiest, for it was just a simple flick of the wrist, with a lot of throttle behind the throw; the kunai buried itself deep within the target. The next few, Shisou drew all the kunai at the same time and tossed them all in unison, the thunks resounding afterwards was pleasing to Shisou’s ears. Then Shisou jumped into the air, and turned his body away from the targets, he drew two more kunai and tossed them away from his body without looking. Shisou knew, though, where the targets were, and the thunks that sounded a moment later were even more satisfying. Shisou landed a moment later and turned back towards the targets. Only a few were left, so Shisou tossed the rest of his kunai one after the other, finishing off the targets quickly. Then, Shisou tossed his last two kunai, his special kunai, and they buried themselves into the wall up the grip.

Shisou stepped back from his line and back to his group, and he nodded to the sensei. “I will gather my kunai after class, if I may?” Shisou truly did want his weapons back, and he would fight for them if he had to. Hopefully the teacher would not be angry at what Shisou had decided to do with their little project.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
LightningFarronfull494602-1-1-2.jpg

As she sat and watched, each of the students took their turns and did amazingly well. "Jesus...the students this year are exceptional." She thought. But she did catch herself. Some, like the one who was first, could have prior experience in this and that's what made them look good. Pulling out a notebook from her pocket, Haruka began to take notes on the prospective students she was evaluating. So far each of them had a passing grade in her book. But what would their Sensei have them do next?

Ishu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari took the first step which made Saigo pretty happy. He watch closely and just watching her hit the targets made him wounder if she had taken a class before. "It is said Taijutsu is hand to hand combat, no weapons. But in reality Taijutsu is close combat. Whether it be with hands or Kunais. Shuriken, senbon, kukri or mace. Swords and or gloves." He said with a smile. She was good better than what she thought. At her age Saigo couldn't even throw a kunai correctly. His throwing skills were garbage and his genjutsu skills were worse. The reason he was able to become a shinobi was because of his hand to hand combat. She had hit her targets and that is all that mattered to Saigo. Then went Keiji. He was just about the same. He was fast and strong with his hits but just about the same as Hikari. Then Miyako went and gave it a shot. She missed her first shot. Nervous maybe? Then she got back on the horse. Throwing her first target again she hit it. Then confidence boost. She quickly got the idea of how to do it nailing the angles and hitting her targets. "Missing that first one must have been your nerves messing with you! Good job!" He said again with an encouraging smile. He quickly went on to see the big shot of the group. He moved back and then went on. Fired every shot with good posture. This meant tons of dedicated practice. Maybe it was his calling to use weapons. Or maybe he forced himself to get good with them. Either way impressive for his age. He also nodded at Shisou's request to pick up his weapons.

"You all did great! Hitting your targets is the most important thing." He said looking at his students. Saigo thought it would be a good idea to make them hit the same targets but this time with a blindfold but he decided against it. So he decided now to move on. He looked to his left and saw another pole with spokes. As he looked at it he noticed a few more. He tapped the spokes to make sure the poles were in a good condition.

"Ok, now we get to the heart of it all. Hand to hand combat!" He said while tapping the pole. It was time to really get into it. He stood next to the pole and waited for them to get ready. "I know most of you are all ready limber and ready to go but please before we go any further stretch out, make sure you are ready to get into a fight." His tone got serious. Saigo cracked his knuckles, and then rotated his neck. He stretched his triceps and then did a quick run in place. He waited for his students to stretch. He got in a stance quickly, slightly jumping form foot to foot. His arms by his side, elbows bent at a one hundred degree angles, and his hands slightly opened. "Once you are ready..." His tone once again serious. "I want you all to try to hit me at least once." He waited there for a second hoping one of them would at least make the first move. He turned to see the poles once again. He would use those next.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Keiji grinned as Saigo-sensei said that everyone had done great. It felt reassuring, and made him a bit overzealous. As Saigo examined the other spokes, he went over and pulled out his own Kunais, as well as Shisou's as well, he went back to others and handed Shisou's Kunai to him as he smiled.

Hand to hand!? Keiji's eyes and ears perked up as he said they would be doing it. Just Saigo instructed Keiji took a few steps to the side away from the others and began stretching his legs, he leaned down on his knees and stretched the other leg behind him, then the other, and again, he then continued on to stretching his arms, swinging them around as he felt on his shoulders to check if there were any problems, he cracked his knuckles and neck. With a slight sighe he started limbering his legs and hands jumping a little, and then running a bit in place, he jabbed a bit in the air in front of him, counting every jab he thought to himself time to show my skills! in his mind.

His grin grew wide as Saigo told them to try to punch him. He looked to the others and noticed none had gone up yet, so he decided to take his shot at it. He walked up in front of Saigo-sensei. As he stood in front of him he stared deeply into his eyes with an intense stare he analyzed his body, long arms = long reach.. Strong Arms = Tight grip.. Should avoid getting caught by him. Weak spot should be a non-protected portion of his body, a place like the side of his upper chest or the side of his stomach his eyes started hurting as he concentrated on his weak spots the area around his eyes were pulsating. faint veins could be spotted showing around his eyes on the sides of his head. He reassured himself it was nothing, but as he kept concentrating and thinking about how he'd strike he started noticing small patterns, faintly glowing patterns in Saigo-sensai's body, he thought to himself he'd hit for one of them. He tightened his fists, took a step back, concentrated his chakra to his fists, his fist was the striking star, his needle and his sword, those were the thoughts in his mind, and it reassured him to strike true. He striked, and hit the lower side of Saigo's stomach hitting for the area that light up the most as his eyes were pulsating before. He striked with chakra, and released it from his fists in towards Saigo as he had done before on wooden planks which seemed to be the most effective when using chakra for attacks.

After he had striked and released the chakra, Keiji quickly changed his demeanor and standing, turned around, and walked to the side away from the other students but also away from Saigo. He sat by himself on a small pole and he started feeling sick, his eyes were hurting and he couldn't explain it, his stomach felt like it was turning, Weird.. he thought to himself. He hadn't experienced this before. Not even a little.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shisou set himself right to the stretching. After collecting his kunai quickly, Shisou set himself to stretching all his core muscles quickly, arms stretching high, legs stretching left and then right. Touch the toes, it is a must. It was a routine that Shisou always did before he tried to push himself beyond a sweat. ‘You can do this Shisou. All you have to do is hit him.’ Shisou closed his eyes and focused while Keiji went up to try his luck. Breathing in and out slowly, Shisou focused on the energy of his body, calming himself, preparing a small plan for attacking the teacher. That was such a weird statement, attacking the teacher. Generally that was not the goal of anybody, but Shisou was quite aware that he had to try his hardest to land at least one blow on his teacher. That was much the same as it was when he fought his father; just a single, solid blow would suffice to nurture the pride.

Keiji was done, so Shisou breathed out one last time and centered himself before opening his eyes. Shisou slapped his knees and walked up right in front of the teacher, just as Keiji had done. Shisou bowed in a keirei, then brought himself back up. The seconds dragged on almost endlessly, and Shisou bent his knees, all in preparation. Then, in a split second, Shisou exploded in action. His body seemed to flicker slightly, it almost appeared as if there were more than one of Shisou, kind-of like an after-image. Shisou aimed his body right at the teacher , straight at the chest. In another moment, it was over, and Shisou, his head was pounding for some inexplicable reason, was walking back to his spot.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back