Catch me if you can! [Genin Exam]

Uchiha Asuka

Leaf Main Branch Sennin
Feb 20, 2018
Yen
ASP
Asuka had sent letters to two of her students, she had her from their teachers that they were ready to take the first step into the Shinobi life. That is if they could take it. It was known that the Gennin exams wasn't something to be considered easy but not impossible. Students would have to use their head, skills and talent to get the job done. Asuka had implemented policies that rooted out the people who weren't ready and pushed them back to the academy, worst case they would drop out and turn to the civilian life. She wondered which of the cases would this students be, would they succeed? Or fail and have to try again? That remained to be seen.

Asuka took a deep breath as she ate her dango stick, tea cup on the side. Rayne was nowhere to be seen, instead a scythe rested nearby. Ready to be grabbed in case anything happened. What was impressive though was the amount of plates that rested on the table, all of that would cost a fortune. In any case, the students got their summons now all that was left to see was whether they responded to the summons or not.

Yamashito Kei

Dec 17, 2019
Yen
ASP
Staring at the letter and rereading it for maybe the seventh time, the young Kei kept wondering if it was a mistake or not. If this was a real summons, or just some cruel prank to mess with one of the newest students for the Academy. Sure, he had been trying to practice as hard as he could and working on his physical skills and seemed to do well for any tests and knowledge from the classroom, but it barely felt like he'd been at the Academy and here was an offer to come to the scheduled Genin exam! The young boy felt like jumping to the ceiling and shouting for joy, while also getting sick to his stomach and his knees quaking with apprehension at the same time. The biggest part to suggest that this wasn't some prank was because he recognized the name listed on the summons, one of the instructors he met for one of his last classes, Asuka-sensei and the handwriting matched the last letter he'd gotten from her. She may have been one to tease the students a bit, but nothing this cruel. This... this must be real, then. God, was he ready for the exam? Was he ready for what might come if he failed... or passed?!

Finally, he gathered himself up enough to focus some of the same courage he'd had when he first applied to the Academy and figured that he should try it, at least to test his own skills so far. There was no other way to see how well he could do unless he had the faith in himself to step out of his comfort zone, to put himself on the line. And one of the elders must have seen something in him to believe he had a chance to pass an exam like this, so he should trust their judgement.

Of course, that didn't mean he didn't try to scramble for every text and scroll he could find to restudy or cram any last little bits of information in his head, or checking and rechecking his pack to see if he'd have supplies ready for any possible adventure... or even combat (if it was that type of exam) while struggling to get a little sleep the night before the exam. Left in that state of nervous excitement, Kei headed to the location right where it said the exam would start, trying to arrive at least ten minutes before it started. He had to smile to see Asuka-sensei up ahead at a long table, so many settings out for others. At least he remembered to bow as he came closer to see her with that familiar treat and quietly cleared his throat. "Good morning, Asuka-sensei. It's nice to see you again."With a moment to glance at the other plates, he added, "May I sit? Or were we still waiting for others to arrive?" He certainly knew, even if it wasn't his favorite... the boy was NOT going to refuse the tea this time. Not after the fuss she made last time!

Sen Kaito

Mar 30, 2018
Yen
ASP
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Kaito was destroyed when his younger brother gave him the summons, “Summoned? Again? Uchiha-sensei’s summons don’t usually end in a good way to me at least” He said remembering what had happened in the last fight, “I better get ready , if rayne is there I am going to challenge her again and this time I am going to defeat her” He told himself while getting everything ready

He got ready and reopened the summons to make sure he knows where he is going, “Maple town? Should be easy enough” He said walking through the streets, it was still early in the morning so most civilians were still asleep, Kaito liked it when it calm though, it gave him more energy to concentrate with

It didn’t take that long, Kaito’s pace made sure of that, He entered and kept searching for Uchiha sensei until he found her, she had some Dango sticks and tea, “Hey Uchiha sensei can I have some tea?” He asked her when he saw the tea, he loved the tea she gave him last time in the forest of death, he wanted the tea even more now as he could smell it when he got even closer

He looked around for rayne though, he couldn’t find her she was always close to asuka, so it was really weird he couldn’t find her, he found the scythe though, I believe I saw something similar to this before, did I? Not sure but it definitely is shiny He thought to himself while getting closer to the scythe, stopping Midway, I shouldn’t do something that rash he thought to himself turning around to face Uchiha sensei, “Is rayne coming?” He asked her

Uchiha Asuka

Leaf Main Branch Sennin
Feb 20, 2018
Yen
ASP
Asuka simply shrugged once the first student arrived. "I mean, whether you do or not is your choice. Hell, you can grab order dango stick if ya want. Keyword, order. I don't wanna cut any more arms." Asuka giggled taking another bite from her Dango stick. "I hope you have trained hard till today cause you gonna have quite the Stamina run. Yeah, we gonna wait for one person to arrive."

In any case they waited a few moments before Asuka spotted him entering the establishment. "And here he is." Asuka waved and motioned for the both of them to sit down. "Of course you can, although order your own dango sticks. This mine." She spoke with a smile on her face. Asuka coughed as soon as he stepped closer to her weapon. "Wouldn't do that Kaito. Rayne isn't exactly in a good footing with you." Hopefully that answered both of his questions. "Please both of you take a sit."

She took another dango stick and started eating it. "So, I've brought you because I think you're both ready to do your Genin Exams. Unfortunately my Head Jounin is busy taking care of some stuff so I'm gonna give it, and I am way less forgiving." With that said "This exam will consist on one part. You either pass or you fail. If you fail then your last required year at the academy is reset. Meaning you gotta go back and train some more."

"Now you may be asking."
She took a dip from her drink. "Why so harsh? Well, that's because you are no longer academy students. You are on trial to be Shinobi and in this village we don't take any weaklings. In this life, you either succeed or die trying."

Asuka shrugged taking another bite from her dango stick. "In any case, here is what your exam is. Maple town is a district with alleyways, different restaurants, etc... you have to find me before sundown. Rules are simple." She started counting with her fingers. "No destructive jutsus are to be used, do not want to explain to your parents why THEY have to pay the bill. Secondly, don't harass other citizens. This is what I'm wearing and won't be changing it at any time, so please... no random punching Leaf citizens the complaints are horrible. Third, use common sense and your training."

Asuka leaned back "You got it? Don't care because if it was up to me, you would've failed already because I'm not Asuka." With a grin of her face Rayne spoke "The childish attitude change should've been a dead giveaway. In any case not up to me." Rayne turned to the entrance where Asuka stood, laughing at the look of the student faces.

"Thank you for the introduction my dear companion! Well children, remember... use your head, work together but most of all... trust your hearts. Let's see how well you do!"

With a poof of smoke, 4 different Asuka's jumped in four different directions. Rayne simply leaned back, grabbing the scythe with one hand. "Come back to me once you've found her." She simply said.

[Sorry it took so long, the week had been tough trying to get used to the new online system. And work.... oh work....]

[In any case, the exam has begun. Think of this as a free for all. Meaning anything goes, just follow the rules cause I do not want to beat anyone up... again... Other than that, work together, split up, use jutsu to track, your choice. 4 Asuka's went in four different directions. Due to my lack of creativity it's going to be Asuka 1, 2,3 and, 4. 1 went North, 2 went north west, 3 went south, 4 went east. The choice is yours.

[Hint= Read the post carefully. You'll find clues there.]
[Any questions send me a PM, Good Luck!]

Sen Kaito

Mar 30, 2018
Yen
ASP
OOC Rank
B-Rank
when Kaito arrived, he saw Kei was already there and he found Asuka waving at him, Asuka waving am I going to fight her again ughh please no I am dead tired Kaito thought to himself, He sat down when he was offered to take a seat, He didn’t want to take any chances with his condition at the moment, he did want some dango sticks though and he was actually going to order some, but then Asuka started telling them everything about the exam they are taking, It was..... rather interesting to say the least, he was fast but he didn’t have any tracking skills, I Hope Kei does He thought himself, He was rather surprised when he knew it was rayne not Asuka that have been talking to them all along, although it did give him a rather unorthodox idea where she might be

Asuka made 4 clones and ran after them while rayne stayed in the same place, he took Kei by the hand and moved a few steps away from Rayne so she couldn’t hear them,
So Kei I am going to get right to the point Asuka isn’t that dumb, I mean she is, just not battle dumb, anyway Asuka knows how hard it will be to even find one of them and we only have until sundawn, so I think Asuka is either in a restaurant eating dumplings and drinking tea, OR Asuka is standing right there, pretending to be rayne and she just told us it was rayne, they did change places once and we didn’t notice she might as well have done it again” Kaito told Kei enthusiastically, he took a breath and then continued, “Or she might be the scythe, in our battle Rayne changed into the scythe, So to end it I think Asuka is either Pretending to be rayne or she is the scythe, I can talk to her, and rayne hates me anyway so it will probably be obvious , Anyways what do you think?” Kaito ended it with Asking Kei
[Dude for real I have been brainstorming for 15 minutes now lol]
[I know this is confusing, so in a nutshell Kei I think Asuka is either in a restaurant, pretending to be rayne or the scythe]

Yamashito Kei

Dec 17, 2019
Yen
ASP
Kei was quiet at first as he entered the room, but just tried to be polite as he hoped to make a better introduction for himself than the last time he met with the head for the Main Branch. He knew that her lessons could be a bit unorthodox and she didn't like to make things too obvious for any of the students. It was still doable, but quite the challenge in the first place. Which the young boy had to respect, honestly.

He gave a faint smile to see a familiar face, though he worried how it might go when Kaito came in after the argument last time. He'd been surprised a student would actually challenge a teacher like that, not just because she was a teacher (and the trouble that could come it), but because she must have had skills they'd never seen yet and be ready for anything if she'd made it to such a high position. At least it wasn't going to start with a fight this time (though it was still possible).Giving a slight nod to the older classmate, Kei moved in to settle in the offered seat and listen up to see what was in store. His heart was already racing to think that this was meant to be the Genin exam! Ooh, he hoped he was ready for it.

As much as he tried to listen, and heard it was going to be more of an elaborate game of 'hide-and-seek', Kei couldn't hide the startled and almost comic expression when Asuka made a seamless switch like that with Rayne while Kaito and Kei both missed it. Damn, not a good start! His heart started to race a bit faster at the news of the deadline and for the rules of the exam, knowing it was time to get ready. But just after that puff of smoke, with Kei raising a hand up to shield his eyes at first and left facing Rayne holding that scythe, the boy had a moment to think as if someone whispered in his ear. 'Hold on, don't freak out. You got to be careful with this. Be SMART. Don't just start running around like an idiot.' There was more going on here than just a little race, there had to be. Besides, real Genin shouldn't freak out, they'd take a moment to plan no matter what the mission.

He looked up to Kaito after the classmate tugged him aside for a moment, listening to the suggestion that Asuka-sensei tried to fake them out. That she made this chase up just to switch back with Rayne again. It made sense, in a way. But something seemed to nag at the boy as he puzzled it over. For a moment, he even closed his eyes instead of answering Kaito to try and remember what happened. As crazy as this was, there HAD to be rules, since this was an exam.... which meant that Asuka wanted them to pass, she just wanted it to be tough. She had to leave a few clues. Finally, he opened his eyes to answer back, "You're right. I mean, Asuka-sensei isn't dumb. Tricky, maybe.... And you could be right about the switch. If she did, I'd think it was more she'd be the scythe, with how Rayne is holding it. But let's try that as 'Plan B'. I just... I think she left a clue before that." Because he'd been the first one there, he happened to hear the introductions, and it nagged at Kei she made a point this time they'd have to order their own treats when she'd been so fond to give them away in the Forest. "She had to tell us to order some dango sticks, even said it was a 'keyword' to me. And when Asuka came in, she was behind us... right where the waitresses would come in. What if that's a clue? If it doesn't work, we can still try your idea, or have some time to search outside if THAT doesn't work. But it can't hurt to take a little 'time out' for something quick."

He finally turned back to Rayne (or whoever was holding the scythe) and said, "I think... I wanted to make an order real quick. I mean, it seems we'll need our energy for the exam, and it should only take a few minutes." He raised his voice a little so he could call for a waitress. "Could I order a few dango sticks, please?" Then turned back to Kaito to ask, "Did you w-want to order some, too?"

[[Just trying this as 'Plan A', and ready to start with your idea if it didn't work. Maybe even get a chance to talk with Rayne while eating, see if 'Plan B' was right or not. If it fails, then we could start checking out the other locations as 'Plan C'?]]

Oct 23, 2012
Yen
ASP
Manzo watched as the test started. He knew that the test was going to happen today but it was alway interesting to see what kind of event a test would take. This one seemed to involve Asuka’s clones running off and the aspiring gennin standing around trying to figure out what to do. An impish smile appeared on his face before he got it under control.

A genin test was more than just a chance to see how much a student had learned. It was a chance to see if they were prepared to step into the world of violence that a shinobi’s life entailed. What would they do when a problem was thrown at them. How would they deal with distractions.

He could almost see Hannya smiling at him with this line of thought. She really was becoming a bad influence.

He got up from his table and ran over to them. They would see he looked to be a boy younger than them with black eyes and black hair. There was a good chance he would fit into any crowd if they wern’t looking for him.

”Hi“ He said with a bit of awe in his voice. ”I heard there was an exam today. Are you two taking your Genin exam? Why did those four just leave? I have seen you at the academy before but I didn’t want to bother you during classes. What are you supposed to be doing going after them? Why are you standing here still? When I grow up I want to be the Hokage, how about you two?“ The questions were being fired off without him taking a breath or waiting for an answer. ”Shouldn’t you be going after those clones? Can I tag along?“ The last question seemed to be the only one that he actually paused to wait for an answer. His eyes were ever hopeful and full of admiration.

[MFT]

Uchiha Asuka

Leaf Main Branch Sennin
Feb 20, 2018
Yen
ASP
Rayne took a sip from her tea as she took out a book and started reading it. Ignoring what was going on, Rayne's thoughts wandered off to a distant place. She thought of the work that had to be done, the different paperwork that had to be dealt with being in charge of the Hokage's office and the Main Branch. The ANBU needed more recruits, the academy needed a change in some areas. Some people needed to be reprimanded. So much work.... but right now, she could relax and read as Asuka messed with the potential Genins.

That was.. until a brat talked to her and immediately decided to order the dango sticks. With an annoyed face she sighed. "Then why the hell did you tell me if you were gonna do it." She spoke with a sigh "Look, the longer you sit here, the longer you give Asuka to hide. The less your chances of graduating. The higher the chance you piss me off and I fail you on the spot." The last bit she gave with a slight smile as she returned to her book.

Thankfully Hisao jumped in. Oh how the gods have blessed Rayne today. "Oh, Hisao. You are indeed the gift that keeps on giving." Rayne said taking a bite from her Dango stick. "Be a doll and take the brat's away, they are supposed to be chasing Asuka yet they are here messing with my free time and my book." Rayne returned to her book, taking another sip from her tea. "Wouldn't want someone to get hurt again." She finished with a slight smile, remembering good times.

[Since none of you moved, didn't have much to write aside from Rayne's prespective. Secondly, you both loose 20 hufflepuff points due to Kaito's comment. Leaf has eyes and ears everywhere.]

[Secondly, Hisao has joined the exam as an "extra". Not an actual participant buuuttttt he may be an ally or an enemy. It's your decision whether you want to trust him or not.]

Yamashito Kei

Dec 17, 2019
Yen
ASP
As he placed his order, Kei tried not to react to the harsh reaction from Rayne or the dismissive tone of hers as she started to turn to a book instead of even acknowledging the students were still there with her... but he was watching as close as he could to see if there was a sign... some clue if it was really her, or Asuka-sensei pretending to switch with her partner or twin (however that worked). Then again, he'd barely been able to tell a difference between them in the last class he took and he hadn't learned any jutsu that would help with deceptions like that yet. At least he waited for his order to arrive before the boy was rising from his spot, feeling a nervous doubt he made a bad decision not to run for the door in the first place. No, too late to think like that, just relax... there was still time to go out and search.

Kei started to turn back to Kaito as he figured what they might have to try next, but paused to see this new boy coming in to greet them. With a set of rapid fire questions that left even his head spinning for a minute. Wow, he sure seemed to be full of a lot of energy, but didn't seem to be helpful just yet. It felt more that he was just passing by, butting in on their exam than as a hidden clue where to go, though that was little more than intuition for the young student than an educated guess.He just had to focus on what he knew, the facts he had and try to go from there. So he looked back to his fellow student to talk with Kaito.

"I'm not sure about you, but I think this idea was a bit of a bust. I'm not sure if this was really Asuka or not, but it couldn't hurt to try and look and save that as a last resort if we can't find her? But I keep thinking of what Asuka-sensei said. Sounds like the rules were pretty simple, but I think she lied about something, too. Just..... we had to meet here in Maple District, but this is supposed to be more for the houses and clan headquarters. Not the restaurants and alleyways that she said. That's all supposed to be in Oak District. She never said how far away she was going... so it could be anywhere in the village." He bit his lip to think it would be a bit of a rough hike to make it there, hunt for a single person and make it back in time but thought it would be a good test. "I could go check over there while you check around here, then meet back before it gets dark for one last try here with Asuka/Rayne? Or did you want to come with me, see where the closest dango shop might be?" As he waited, the boy started to turn for the exit, picking up one of the dango sticks from his own order to start nibbling at it before making his exit.

[Was unsure if the next post would be here or in Oak District, but Kei was planning to move his hunt for Asuka once he left. Just waiting to see if Kaito would join or not!]