Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Chakra 101

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the work on hospital finishing up, Ii HIssori full time teaching career was coming to an end. Soon the twenty something year old would have to start to work full time running his hospital, working to save lives, and work to make sure that many a life would be saved by his works.

Today his class was about chakra. It was something simple and something he had experience with. In fact the former Kirgakure shinobi had published a paper on how he was able to extract what he believed was chakra from the blood of an Uchiha, and a patient that had been blessed by the Gods that gave the Rikudo Sennin eyes.

For the class, he was using a smaller more intimate room so the male could get to know his students. With his back turned to the door, Hissori was setting up his room. On the board he was writing down three simple questions, “What is chakra?, “What can Chakra be used for?,” and “Where can we find chakra?” Next to these questions a picture of the circulatory system, and the chakra system showed on a body. Everything seemed ready for the class, but Hissori was ignoring one major factor.

On a desk, Buru the rather large wolf-dog companion was out cold literally spread out on the desk taking up the whole room. The dog looked sick, or at least hungover.

“I told you, you shouldn’t have drank that last milk and saki.” Hissori chide his dog who responded with a low ruff as he just lay there eyes closed seemingly with a headache.

Hajimeru Jinmei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was Jinmei's first, official day as an Academy Student of Iwagakure. The young cub was dressed in the finest wears that was on offer, although they still had the appearance of plain old rags, it was a delight for the young pup to be wearing something slightly cleaner. A thought not so pleasing, or a sight so pleasant. Armed with his flab and an ambition to please his mothers and fathers, Jinmei left the landfill that had become his blessed home. The smell of his unpleasant beginnings stuck to the boy aggressively, there would be looks and stares, but nothing he hadn't experienced quite before. He allowed the armed strangers, pointing their staggered eyes and serpent tongues to say their piece; announce their disgust with their glazed expressions. It really didn't matter for today was the first day of many, the beginning chapter to the short book of life.

Jinmei made his way from the landfill towards the Academy, albeit rattled with nerves. He only mustered up the strength to make it within eyesight before his dirtied palms became sweaty and awkward. He tried to wipe them against his tattered shorts but it didn't seem to have much of an effect. And for the briefest of moments, Jinmei wished the unthinkable - he wished that his skin was like a glove that could be taken off. Only a child and yet under pressure from those who would never remember his name, he became swallowed in anxious panic.

A few moments passed before Jinmei heard the rattling of voices, the clunking of homemade drums coming meters away from his tiny frame. It was the homeless Hajimeru clan, a house made up of people who have nothing but the dirt beneath their feet, who would go on to become a family and protect their little cub. Jinmei started to laugh, overfilled with joy, laughing at his rambunctious family that caused many to stare and wonder why they were all so dirty and yet, so happy.

Jinmei found his way through the Academy with the help of a staff member to his designated class. He arched his body upwards, the flab giggling a little as his 4 foot something body slammed against the door accidentally. Clammy hands curbed around the door knob, twisting it and throttling the boy forward, but somehow managing to stay on his feet; just barely. The young cub would look at the teacher and then to his furred companion. "He's so fluffy!"

"Hi! I'm Hajimeru Jinmei!"
<i></i>

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tokihokou Jirou
Time Walker

With a sigh, a small boy rose from his bed. His hair seemed a right mess, though he made no motion to fix it. It was early. Too early. He rolled back over, only to find the annoying prodding voice break through the morning haze. "Wake up, sleepyhead. Time to rise and shine. You have class today." the voice sneered, half mocking. A groan, useless protests as the voice wouldn't cease until the boy fully woke, followed by thin legs peeking out from under the single blanket. The owner of the voice had one thing going for him...he was right. Today was the first day of class for the boy, and as such, he swore he wouldn't be late. It'd probably be one of the only times he wasn't late, but that wasn't important. Not to mention it surely wouldn't be long before his brother made his way up the winding staircase to the attic-room where the small boy slept. Sure enough, just as that thought crossed his mind, footsteps could be heard. "We're on our way!!" he called, before the footsteps reached the landing. The owner of the footsteps stopped, and sighed. Nobody bothered to point out his "flawed" speech anymore. Maybe they were finally starting to realize he wasn't lying.

Either way, Tokihokou Jirou made himself ready for his very first day as an Academy Student.

"Come on! We're going to be late!" Isoku groaned, urging the student forward. "Shut up, Iso. We're perfectly on time. There's a good chance we'll even be early!" Jirou complained, though he did increase his pace. He didn't want to be late, even if he'd act as though he didn't care. it was exciting. He walked quickly through the halls, pausing for a moment to gather his bearings. "It's this way." his forever-companion muttered, an image of where to go forming in Jirou's mind. With a nod, he turned in the indicated direction. "I don't know how I'd find my way around without you." he said aloud, long since used to ignoring the strange glances being thrown his way. He never really minded being brushed off as 'the crazy kid who talks to himself'. It certainly was better than the alternative. Then again, there wasn't much he could really do to change their minds. It wasn't his fault Isoku was so disliked that the world went so far as to pretend he never existed. Jirou was the only friend he had, and as such, everyone brushed him off as mentally insane.

With a permanent frown, Jirou entered the small classroom, only to stop mere inches in the door. A dog? The teacher...brought a dog...to class? What, were they going to dissect it or something? He knew the class was about chakra, but that seemed a little extreme. A closer look, however, and Jirou realized the creature was actually alive and breathing, though it didn't seem in perfect health. He took a hesitant step forward, not completely sure what this creature was doing there, or why it was quite so large, before turning towards the teacher. "Tokihokou Jirou..." he paused. "Don't bother introducing me. They won't acknowledge it anyway." Isoku interrupted, earning a nod from Jirou before he continued. "...here for the class on Chakra..." he muttered, looking from the dog to the teacher. He noticed a student had already arrived, and gave them a nod in greeting as well. "Is...uh...the dog...okay?" he couldn't help but inquire, gesturing to the fluffy mass taking up the entire desk. Blue eyes scanning for an empty seat, Jirou chose somewhere fairly by itself, yet with enough room for both he and Isoku to be comfortable. He leaned his scythe up against the desk between himself and his companion, the long weapon impossible to keep attached to his back while seated. He then turned his attention towards the teacher, ready to begin.​

[INPC entered topic; link to profile in image.
Note: Isoku isn't actually there. Jirou's a Jinchuuriki which manifests itself as Schizophrenia.]

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Finally. A class where the teacher wasn't the one that had been holding her back with that god forsaken class report. She was near the brink of just giving that up. She had other minor quests in mind anyway, like, egging the house of this annoying teacher or better yet, though it would take a lot more effort, goat poop. Satsuki snickered at the thought of fecal matter dripping, sliding down the walls and front door of that teacher's apartment. She had stalked him a couple times already just in case the need to retaliate arises. But enough of that, she had a different class, with a different teacher, and hopefully, different classmates.

The girl walked hastily towards the academy, going about its internal frame like clockwork to find the designated room for this lesson on chakra. She knew, or at least have an idea of what it was and what it's for since she'd been using what little she had to train. This was a good opportunity to learn more about it so she could adapt whatever she was about to learn to her training. She needed to get stronger, soon. Finding the room, she knocked first before slowly opening the door to take a peek. She saw the teacher but his back was on the door so she really couldn't see his face, but what's more interesting was the huge mass of canine lying lifelessly on the floor. 'Uh, is that a rug? Doesn't smell like one though', the girl thought to herself. She cautiously entered the room, bowing her head as she introduced herself,

"My name is Kanzaki Satsuki, pleasure to meet y'all." Satsuki said nervously. She then began to eye the other people in the room. One was a boy who had this weird feeling around him. She didn't know why, nor bothered to know. He just seems, fierce. She then proceeded to look at the other one, a familiar face to her surprise,
"Jinmei! Fancy seeing you here! Wow you look-- cleaner." the girl said playfully. This class might be what she needed and so far it's looking promising.

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hissori mature face would turn to see who was through the door first. It seemed his first student was a small one, and like most students who seemed to come from Iwagakure, his eyes first fell onto the dog who was passed out on the desk.

“He’s friendly. Just don’t make to many loud noises otherwise he’ll probably be grumpy.” Hissori commented idly as he went to grab a file that Buru was laying on. These were his notes for the class and now they were covered in dog fur. It was something that the young man was use too, but it was still distracting in this setting. His emerald green eyes were looking down when the door would slide open again, and Hissori would briefly look up and welcome the other boy.

“You came to the right place, so just find a seat in the front of the class so I don’t have to yell.” He told the young boy as he chuckled a bit at his next question. Hissori would lean over and poke Buru right in the side. Buru would respond by woofing gruffly and trying to paw at Hissori without opening an eye. The white wolf seemed to be really out of it.

“My companion is fine… He just … he just had a rough night of it.” He said not wanting to expose the youth to the perils of the vices of shinobi and adults alike. When he was talking finally the third and final student arrived and he would nod.

“It is nice to meet you, and it seems that it is time for the class to begin. So everyone welcome to Chakra 101. I will be your sensei today, and my name is Ii Hissori. As you can hear, I have a bit of an accent, as I am not native of this land, but instead come from an old shinobi village that no longer exists. So seeing how there are three of you and for my starting point I have written the three questions on the board that we will be trying to answer lets see what you know. If you will each of you give your name for the class, and then try to answer one of the questions the best you can.” He said as he turned to let them fully see the three questions that were written in white chalk on the board.

What is Chakra?
Where does it come from?
How do you use it?

Now it was time for Hissori to see who would answer what first, and if anyone would be willing to take the moment to take control of the class.

MTF: 400+

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tokihokou Jirou
Time Walker

Jirou scoffed. The dog had a rough night? How a dog could have a rough night, he had no idea, but he shrugged. If the teacher said so, he'd just have to go with it. He moved towards a seat in the middle of the room, not in the back, yet not right up front like a nerd. Before sitting, however, he took a good hard look at the dog. "He looks drunk." Isoku commented, his snarky voice an unwanted intrusion on the child's mind. He was in class. Couldn't the pestersome best friend leave him alone for even a few minutes? Of course not. That'd be silly. The two of them were basically inseparable. To ask Isoku to leave would be like asking yourself to split in half. It just wasn't done. "Hope you feel better, dog." he gave his sympathy to the creature. He leaned hsi chair back, balancing on two legs, turning his attention to the teacher. So he was from a different village, eh? Fascinating. Passively, Jirou wondered what could have brought him to Iwa, though Isoku was quick to point out that the teacher had already answered that question. The village no longer exists. What village it was, he didn't say, and the boy got the feeling he didn't want to talk about it much. It wasn't why they were there, anyway, so it didn't matter.

It was then that Jirou's attention was drawn to the board. They were instructed to each stand, state their name, and try to answer one of the three questions. There were two ways this could pan out. Jirou could stand now, and pick which question he would answer, ensuring that he got one he actually -could- answer, at the risk of looking like some sort of teacher's pet nerd boy. Or, he could wait, letting the others go first, and answer whichever one was left, which he may very well not know the answer to, but at least he wouldn't look nerdy...just...dumb. Okay, that didn't sound like a good plan either. Okay, how about the questions. What is Chakra? Well...that's a dumb question. Chakra is...it's....uh... oh shit. Okay. next question. Where does it come from? EASY! Chakra comes from....oh come on! Not this one too! Okay, third times' the charm. How do you use it? Great. If he didn't know the answer to the first two, hwo could he possibly know the answer to that one? This class was sure turning out to be a lame one. He couldn't even figure out a single answer. He was gonna fail. And then what. He'd never become a shinobi. Even so, he determined he'd go first.

"Uh...I'm Tokihokou Jirou. And...uh..as for the questions. That's sorta what I'm here to learn." he paused. "But I'm assuming those have something to do with the answer?" he gestured towards the diagrams next to the questions. It may be sad, but the boy really had no idea what Chakra was, or how to use it. "Wow. You're a dumbass. You really know nothing." Iso snirked. "Thanks. As if I needed you to tell me that. I feel so much better now." he whispered after sitting down. Despite being best friends, the two of them had a very interesting relationship. It probably wasn't the healthiest, but it was all he had. And Jirou wasn't about to take advantage of that.​

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl listened on as one of the boys tried to answer the question. He wasn't quite sure about his answer but gave it out there nonetheless. Her eyes shifted towards the board where the three questions were written; what is chakra? Where does it come from, and how do you use it. Satsuki was already training a couple techniques on her own volition, though, she wasn't really quite sure about the technicalities of it. All she did was watch some genin practice the same techniques and asked them how they did it. The girl was aching to answer all three but reality dictates she didn't have the capacity to accomplish this small task. She closed her eyes, noting each question. She knows the answers in its simplest forms (of course, it wasn't normal for children to choke out specific and technical answers). She waited until the boy finished his turn. After he finished, the girl slowly raised her hand before she stood up gingerly,

"I'm Kanzaki Satsuki... Ermm, I guess chakra is the energy that's inside our bodies? I dunno anything beyond that. And it's-- well, yeah, I guess it comes from inside our bodies?" great. Not as good as she planned.

That barely made sense, she thought to herself. The young girl gave out an awkward short laugh before slinking back to her seat. She wasn't really sure if what she said was correct, and it sounded that it wasn't. at least in her mind it wasn't. Satsuki felt embarrassed, she told herself that at least there were just a couple other people and a dog inside the room or it would've been another disaster.

--MFT: 250+--

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“It is alright Jiruo. We all have to start somewhere. I am sure after this class you will know those answer to those questions or else I am not doing my job.” Hissori joked as his canine like ears heard the boy chastising himself. From the two that answered it seemed to punt on the answers the questions. It would seem that they did not know much about chakra so he had to teach them everything. It was a nice feeling.

“So let me inform you about answer to my questions. To begin with Chakra can be almost thought of as the lifeforce of a person, and the world around us. Unlike blood which only exists in animals. Chakra comes from everything around us, and once all the chakra leaves a being we begin to die.

Now for where it comes from, it is a little more complex question. Simply put it is generated inside of us, in a way that lets us use it through manipulate it. This manipulation occurs in most inexperience people by the use of hand signs that focus the chakra into certain jutsus. However, if you can bring chakra to the surface on your body by concentrating which is what the lesson is today.

So if you have questions on chakra please ask now.”
He said as he smiled at them hoping that he had their attention.

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tokihokou Jirou
Time Walker

The other student, Satsuki was her name, seemed to know a little more about the topic at hand, though Jirou was relieved to see that he wasn't so horribly behind. He gave a nod in her direction, acknowledging that she seemed to know at least something, before turning to their teacher. Obviously he was going to be teaching them the answers to his aforementioned questions, and Jirou was definately interested. So. Chakra was their life source...and their source of power. That alone made it an incredibly important topic for discussion. So that was the purpose of hand seals. To funnel Chakra into a useable medium. It was a very interesting concept. After the teacher asked if there were any questions, the boy looked around before raising his hand casually. "So, Chakra is used to perform jutsu...is all Chakra the same or are there different types?" he quirked a brow curiously. "And, if hand seals aren't required to use Chakra, what other ways can it be used? Is it possible to use jutsu without handseals?" based on the last part of what he said, the answer could be assumed as a yes. But, Jirou wanted to be sure. He'd heard about people who could do those types of things, but he wasn't quite sure. It was all so strange...but exciting. His first real class, and he was already learning so much!

His questions being asked, he then turned to the teacher with wide eyes, eager to hear more on the topic. The presence of the dog couldn't be ignored, but the creature was soon brushed off as virtually unimportant in favor of the rest of the lesson. Of course, it could only be a matter of time before one of them became curious enough to inquire as to why the ball of fluff was invading their class space.​

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She noticed the other student gesturing to her after her answer, which was a bit odd for the girl. Sure she's been getting a steady flow of interactions with people who aren't really prejudice on her situation nor even the ones that knows who she was at first, but this was quite a positive change for once.

She turned to herself again, recalling immediately what the teacher said, her answer was at least around the area of his explanation which made the girl chuckle internally. The do it yourself training was kind of paying off at least in this capacity. She wasn't anywhere near technical, but at least she sort of have the gist of things. Satsuki listened to the boy as he started asking questions. Good questions to be exact as she doesn't need to ask them herself, though she still had a couple. The girl raised her hand before speaking out her query,

"..and I just wanted to add to his questions teacher, what if you make a mistake with them hand seals? What happens then? And if THERE ARE different kinds of chakra, can you like, mix 'em up together? What happens if you mix 'em together?" the girl sat down, waited for the teacher's reply to both of their questions.

Satsuki wasn't writing any notes or anything, she had a sharp memory. She wasn't a book who knows explanations word for word, but she has this thing on catching on things pretty fast and knowing the gist of things. She was starting to enjoy this class, hopefully she'll gain more than what she expected from this day.

-=MFT (264)=-

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hissori could tell, that even though these students did not know much about chakra that they were certainly smart. They were certainly asking the right questions, and for a teacher that was inspiring. He would nod a bit as he smiled.

“Yes, you are correct. There are five basic elements, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Pure Chakra or non-elemental. From these types of chakra’s certain basic jutsu’s can be performed. If you perform the wrong handsigns two things could happen. One, no Justus could happen, or two you will do another jutsu entirely” Hissori said as he turned to write it down the five basic elements on the board. Turning around he went to prick his finger with one of extremely sharp canines.

“However, when you combine these basic elements, you will get special types of jutsu. However, people are normally born with chakra that can only model certain types of chakra at an advance levels. For example, even though, I am not the best at performing ninjustu, my chakra is works well with water. So when I mix it with pure chakra, I can manipulate my blood, and other peoples blood.” He said as he performed a hand seal as he drew some blood up from the cut in the finger.

“Just like this. See. Now do you have any other questions about advance chakra? He asked before nodding and continuing to answer the boys questions.

“Yes. Some very advance Justus do not need handsigns. In fact, one bloodline I have don’t plenty of research on is calling the Uchiha bloodline. They posses special eyes that are known as Sharingan. With these eyes they can case special Justus through their eyes just by channeling the proper chakra to them.” He finished before nodding. He would wait for a bit watching them to see if they had any more questions before he would move on.

Gently he tried to nudge Buru off of the desk, but the drunk dog wouldn’t move.

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tokihokou Jirou
Time Walker

It was all so interesting. Jirou was passively grateful that he chose that class to be his first, instead of the more exciting-sounding jutsu-oriented courses. The other student seemed to have good questions, which made him feel a little more silly by comparison. She certainly picked ones that told a lot more about the possible uses of chakra. "One last question. How do you know what your chakra's type is?" he didn't even have to turn to his side to see Isoku's eyeroll. The slightly older child wasn't helpful in the slightest, acting as though he already knew everything no matter what the topic of conversation was, yet refusing to really help Jirou in any way. Ultimately, besides being frustrating to no end, it left him better suited to learning on his own. The teacher's example of his own blood manipulation was interesting. Passivly, Jirou wondered if he could do anything like that, but he didn't really know much about any sort of bloodline abilities. His family always talked about certain ancestors who had a particular skill with time management, but he didn't think that had anything to do with it. They certainly didn't hae anything like the Sharingan. Those sounded awesome. "If you were Uchiha, maybe you wouldn't be so useless." the sneer came almost unexpected. Of course Iso couldn't stay quiet for even one class. "Shut upppp. I'm tryin to learn!" he whispered, though in the small room both probably would have heard him. Despite that, he turned back to the teacher, a slightly apologetic look on his face. He really didn't want to get kicked out.

That dog must really be getting in the way. Passively, Jirou wondered why the teacher even let the pet be in the room. Surely there must be a reasoning, but it wasn't like they would dissect the creature to learn about the chakra system, would they? It didn't seem the humane thing to do. No, there must be another reason.​

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satsuki listened as the teacher answered and explained everything to them. The girl listened intently as much as she can but there were blurred lines for her. It was complicated and was a bit hard to understand. Different elements and a non-element? Bloodlines? What are those? She raised her hand again,

"Teacher! What are bloodlines? Is that an element? And wouldn't it hurt if you put chakra in your eyes? Wouldn't it burn or somethin'?" she asked.

She was telling herself that this wasn't hard to grasp that she would understand it, but she needed to ask questions as much as she could to hasten the process. She just hoped this teacher was patient enough not to get pissed at her, not like her other one.

"Oh! Oh! And you said you can combine them elements, how do you do it? Is it hard?" the girl added another question. She was a bit louder than the other student who seemed smart enough, in the girl's eyes. Now she kind of regretted that she didn't bring any pad or notebook to write notes on, but she knew she would just passively doodle on it and drift away into ice cream land again.

She sat down and waited for the teacher's reply to her questions, and to her classmate's question as well. She stared at the dog and sniffed again, it smelled weird, like, not wet dog weird, just, weird. She was still wondering what happened to it.

"Hey teach, what happened to the dog?"

-MFT- (256)

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There were so many questions that the man had to answer. Drawing in a breath he listened to every single question they had to ask and prepared to answer them. They were all excellent questions that defiantly helped move the class along. He would give a kind smile to the boy who seemed to be battling some personal demons. He would draw no more attention to it, though he would make a mental note of it hoping that he could help the young boy on his path.

“Well to begin with Chakra types can be considered a tough thing to pin down. With enough practice, one will be able to use all five of the basic elements. However, the ones that’s jutsu’s come more naturally to the shinobi they will be able to develop more advance techniques. To combine elements it is something much more complicated than using the proper hand signs. One must be able to mix the different chakra’s together and mold it in their body so that they can create unique advance Justus.

Now. When it comes to bloodlines those are much simpler. Simply put they are abilities and jutsu’s that only people from a certain family tree can do. The ability to create Jutsu’s from the eyes is one of tricks that only Uchiha has. From what I have been told, it does not hurt. However, it does create a lot of pressure in the eyes that will eventually leave to blindness IF the uchiha does not get a surgery.

Another example, I am a part of a bloodline known as the Inuzaka. Are abilities come from the fact my ancestors worked so closely with dogs, and wild wolves that we have learned to communicated with them, and use them as a companion to fight by our side. That is what this beast on the desk is. I have grown up with him since the age for nine. He is basically my brother, and when we fight, we are able to fight in ways that other people can’t and use jutsu’s that most people can’t even think about doing.”
He said as he gently petted the dog who was sleeping on the desk. His green eyes looked down at his dog as he thought about the last question that he was asked.

The bluntness of answer was that his dog decided to have too much human fun, got drunk and now was paying for it. However, one could see it going deeper than that, and it was that lesson that Hissori should be teaching.

“The truth about what happened to Buru is a complicated one. Honestly, the life you have chosen to try and lead is a very tough one. You’ll see people die in front of you, and you will probably have to kill people. If someone who leads this life doesn’t find a way to deal with this burden, life for them becomes too hard and they crack. They’ll burn out and either die in the line of service or self-destruct. The best away to deal with this is to find something you love to do. Buru and I love to go out when we are stressed and have a free night, and unfortunately, my dog here decided to have too much fun last night and is now paying for it. Aren’t you boy.” Hissori finished as he rubbed the ear of his sleeping down. However without much ceremony Hissori took both his hands and pushed the heavy dog off the desk.

With a thud, Buru landed on the ground in front of the desk. On his side, his paws faced out towards the students, though the dog seemed un-phased, completely ignoring the treatment Hissori had given him.

“Guys, I want you to come up here. I have something I want you to try out.” Hissori told the pair of students as he smiled a bit. Leaning down, he pulled up and placed on the desk undoing the latches, he pulled up three sets on clunky looking leather gloves.

“Put these on I will explain what they do in a moment. You can just step over Buru… Just don’t step on his tail. He freaks out.” He told the class slowly going to put on the heavy leather looking gloves on his hands smiling a bit.

Takayama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A calloused palm managed to wind it's way through the stale air around it, a few strands of dark blue hair twisting as Taka shirked his head and managed the last few steps of the stairwell leading to what the woman at the desk had described as "Hissori's class". In truth there seemed to be quite a few classes taking place on the first floor that he could have eavesdropped on, but despite the experiences he had before the Daimyo invaded leaf he couldn't make hide nor hair of anything being explained in any of them. His father had definitely never mentioned anything as complicated as premature chakra seal rupture or strategem best used against potential doujutsu users. The embarrassing fact that Takayama had, after sneaking in, needed to resort to asking for directions at the main office to a first year class...

Takayama swatted again at the determined fly caught in the stairwell with him, this time watching it glance off of one of his extended fingers as it passed.

Left foot, right foot and so forth. He would get there soon enough. All that mattered in the mean time was getting the basics down, even if that meant using his only off time to eavesdrop on classes. By stone law, his father couldn't stop him from signing up for the academy, but being the head of the nearby temple gave him enough pull to make sure Taka was too busy to sign up for classes. He had spent the last three hours polishing one of the old teleos guardian statues on either side of one of the deeper altar. He would probably be chided for his shoddy workmanship, but corners had to be cut.

He hadn't taken more than a few steps down the hall before the sound hit him, a gentle echo carried by a cavalier voice that had wandered out from the open portal not too far away. No one had closed the door.

Taka stopped, holding his breath just long enough to catch the voice saying something about a man named Buru and bloodlines. Taka took another cautious step forward. The position he had gave him a view of some of the seats and no view whatsoever of the teacher. The voice too was dampened. Luckily, there seemed to be a completely reasonable way to get a better vantage point. This particularly important, since it sounded like the teacher was about to perform a demonstration.

He took a deep breath and held it once more, not wanting to miss anything vital.

Takayama tilted his head back and pushed forward at as casual a pace as he could manage, his eyes half closed in an attempt to appear as a student grudgingly going back to class. He would pass by at this pace and, after he was sure the teacher and none of the students could see him, would duck a little closer to the wall and listen in on whatever he had time left for before he had to get back to the temple. Hopefully he would get a decent glimpse of whatever demonstration was taking place so he could practice at home, but his first prerogative as a shinobi was not to be seen. Come what may.

[MFT]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tokihokou Jirou
Time Walker

The class was going well. Despite the few unwanted interruptions from his rather outspoken companion, Jirou was learning quite a bit. His typical stubborn, prideful nature would have kept him from participating, had the situation been different. As it was, there was only two of them and the teacher. The other student seemed to be just as clueless as he was, and the teacher more than willing to guide. It was that sort of comfort that allowed him to truly step forward and ask the questions he needed. A great first lesson for the young boy.

Chakra types. It was a type of conversation that he was really interested in. Jirou had hardly even scratched the surface of what he was capable of, and only structured guidance could help him out beyond that. More than anything, he wanted to figure out what he was good at. He knew his parents often spoke in hushed whispers about their family's shinobi heritage when they thought he wasn't paying attention, but it just wasn't enough. To hear faded comments about time manipulation, and the way time seems to bend to their will was all so strange and unusual. It made very little sense to him. Time travel wasn't possible, even he knew that, so there must be some other sort of trick to it. Some way that those in his family have learned to manipulate something - whether it be time or people's perception of it, he still couldn't figure out - to their own purpose. Was it a bloodline, like that of his teacher, or the Uchiha? He didn't know. But it was something. And that was a start.

Speaking of the teacher, he conveniently explained the purpose of the ball of fluff collapsed on the desk. So he was a factor of the teacher's bloodline, eh? Buru, the dog was called. Inuzuka seemed like a pretty awesome bloodline, from that point of view. He got basically a ready-made friend. A lot better than Jirou's excuse for a companion. He didn't even see his friendship with Isoku as anything like that. If anything, it was a nuisance that he couldn't begin to get rid of. Iso had been with him for as long as he can remember. To abandon him now just wouldn't feel right.

So. The dog was hung over. That's really the only thing that "having too much fun" and "is now paying for it" could translate to in his mind. And boy was that amusing. Jirou forced himself not to laugh. "Poor Buru." as he passed the dog on his way to the table, he pat the creature's head gently. "It's his fault for letting the dog do such dumb shit." Iso sneered, earning a hasty glare from Jirou. "Iso! That's our teacher! Be respectful." he hissed through clenched teeth. He really didn't want to get in trouble for his friend's insensitive, rude ramblings. Moving past that, he gave the teacher a nod, and took the gloves in his hands. He looked them over curiously before slipping the heavy material over his skin. This should be fun.​

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The teacher explained really well about all of these things, though the girl was still confused over some of them. Well, there's time to ask on another date, the girl thought. What caught Satsuki's interest was the thing about the bloodlines, she felt that having techniques and skills that only you or a few people like you could only do felt-- special. She wondered how that felt like, to be special. The teacher then turned to the dog, apparently he and the dog has this bond, this relationship that only people from his bloodlines has. The girl might have seen one or two people kind of similar to him, with a dog and treats them like a brother or a sister, who knows. The teacher then talked about what it's like to be shinobi. He gave a small glimpse on the life they were headed, death, destruction, pain; she already had a taste for that, so it wasn't unfamiliar.

After the small discussion, he then asked the students to come in front and try something. He placed a couple of gloves on the table and instructed them to put them on. He told them they could step over the dog, but Satsuki had some other thoughts that she quickly erased, this isn't the place to do those sort of things. Maybe later. Outside. When the dog least expects it. She didn't even turn on the new distraction as she followed the other boy who went on first. After him, she took a second to look at the gloves. She wasn't really in to any fashion but they looked kinda odd but brushed away the thought as she started to put them on.

"Okay, so what's next?"

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed like the group did not have any more questions, which made him inwardly smile. It seemed like finally he was doing something right! Just as the student’s confidence rose about what they were doing, his own confidence rose about what he was doing. Teaching maybe could be a second path to help a civilization, and maybe if Mist was ever reborn he could help teach their youth. And looked someone else had joined!

Most teachers probably would have been mad, probably even asked the kid to leave or for an excuse as to why he was so late into the class, but not Hissori, Hissori just wanted to teach. With a gentle smile and nod of the head, the dog whisperer becond the other kid over.

Then, turning his attention back to the task at hand, Hissori looked down at his own gloves. He had already slipped them on and was moving the fingers of them around. These brown gloves seemed to be surprisingly heavy for what they were, but they served a purpose.

“So students, theses are a special type of glove. I actually got these when I was travelling in the Waterfall country and discovered them at a festival of sorts. If you don’t know, the Waterfall country does not have many shinobi, and those who are within there ranks are not exactly highly trained. However, they have had found a way to make sure of a persons chakra….”

As Hissori spoke, he lifted his hands in front of his face visible for everyone. Then something happened. Between his two index fingers a bright wave of blue light began to travel between the two gloves. His own green eyes just watched it as it seemed he barely had to concentrate at all to keep the light going. For a moment he would watch the light and then look towards the child.

“You see. These gloves are special. What they are able to do is detect the chakra that comes through your hands and project it between two sources of chakra. As you can see, both points of chakra are my fingers.

In the Waterfall country, they do this as a carnival game to see who can keep the light going the longest, but I will use it as a training tool.

What I want you to do, is attempt to focus the chakra to the tips of your fingers, and if you are doing it right…. You will see a light or spark come out of your fingers.

But as you guys are kids, I want to make this a little fun..”
Hissori said with a smile.

“You all will have five minutes to practice this, and then we will play the game. The winner, whom is the one whoever keeps the chakra going the longest, will get a free bowl of ramen from the down street paid for by me after school is out today, and get to ask me anything they want while they are eating the ramen. You all of course are allowed to join the winner and I.” He said as he grinned.

Stopping the blue light that came from his gloves, he put them on the table. Sliding them towards the newest student, he smiled.

“Get going.” He said with a wide grin.

Okay so here is how I am going to do it. Unfortunately, I already rolled to determine the winners so you guys can roleplay that.

First place: Tokihokou Jirou
Second place: Satsuki
Third Place: Taka (Sorry I rolled when I did not have internet, and can’t remember your full name).

Also, if you could in the roleplay post, say if you would be interested in doing a private/follow up class based on the Ramen shop.

Personal Ooc: MTF 556

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tokihokou Jirou
Time Walker

Jirou's eyes widened as the purpose of the gloves became known. It sounded like way too much fun for a simple class. Classes were supposed to be really boring, weren't they? They were supposed to suck. At least, that was the theory. Jirou knew enough to know they shouldn't be ridiculously fun in any case. He glanced at the other students, before looking back at the teacher. So they just had to focus their chakra into their fingers, eh? Shouldn't be too difficult. Hissori said they used these as carnival games. If the average person could manage to make it work, a shinobi in training certainly could. They had a few minutes to practice, which gave Jirou a small satisfaction. It was a game. And he simply had to win. He liked his teacher, and wanted to prove that he was a good student...prove that he wasn't a failure. He took a deep breath before closing his eyes. He ignored Isoku's grumbling about how he "better not fail at this too", and focused on channeling chakra. It took a good minute before he could figure it out at all, trying to figure out how to channel something he couldn't even really feel. When he succeeded in doing so, however, the result was terrifying. A jolt of lightning sparked from his fingers, striking the wall a good few feet from the teacher's head. Jirou squeaked in surprise, leaping backwards and breaking concentration. "What was THAT?!" he exclaimed, staring at his hands like they were some sort of alien technology. He really didn't think that was supposed to happen. Then again, how would any of them know that he had such potent lightning chakra.

After a few moments more of hesitant practice, he figured out how to control the unwieldly flow of chakra. The rest of the practice time moved past quickly, Jirou finding the trick to the gloves rather easily. It was all about balancing the flow of chakra. If he put too much into it, well, they already saw how that worked out. But more than that, the chakra levels will wear down. But, if he put too little into it, the gloves would sputter out. The concentration required wasn't easy, but he was determined. Not only did his desire to win drive him, but the free dinner would be nice. It'd be the best meal he had in a while. With a serious glint in his eye, he placed his hands in the proper places. Time to get this thing started!

A deep breath. The spark of lightning flowed evenly between his fingers, flickering slightly as it moves. He blinded out everyone else, focusing completely on what he had to do. He could feel his energy draining, he wouldn't be able to hold the spark for much longer. Shortly after that thought crossed his mind, he watched the spark fizzle and die. He groaned, sure that he had failed. He looked up to find that everyone else had already lost theirs, leaving him the last one. "Did...did I?" he glanced at Isoku, hardly able to believe it. "Good job. Looks like you're actually learning something." despite the less than friendly response, Iso's voice was unable to hide the pride. He really was able to do something good. "So...uh...that means I win the ramen?" he tilted his head, the thin braid flopping to the side quite comically. "The dog won't try to steal it, will he?" the joke was spoken in such monotone, one may miss the detail of it being a joke.

[moar rp? Fuck yea! I'm in~]​

Satsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satsuki blinked as Jirou attempted to try it first. She tried so hard not to chuckle when a bold of lightning came out and almost hit the teacher but shook it off immediately. The girl tried to concentrate herself. She had done this before in her training with stone bullets. She needed to focus all her energy in her hands, her fingers to be specific. She was telling herself that she has done this numerous times in practice. You needed to flick the stones with a small amount of chakra with either your middle finger or your index finger together with your thumb. This will be easy, the girl thought to herself. Her brashness would come at a price though, she feels that she could flow a bit of chakra to her finger but there was no light or spark. “Okay, that’s weird. I can totally feel chakra flowing there.” she muttered under her breath. The girl tried again, zoning out everyone and her surroundings. Satsuki closed her eyes, her senses sharpening, allowing her to feel the energy from her body slowly flowing towards her hands. Then she felt it, warmth. The warmth started to turn into heat; she could feel light penetrating her eyelids as she slightly opened her eyes. What she saw surprised her, it was fire. Or at least a small torch-like entity on her fingers, kind of like when you light a match. A wide grin formed from her lips as the small flame extinguished itself. “Okay okay, I think I can do dis!” she said a bit loudly.

She waited as the others started doing the main game. As not to be late for it or start early. The girl did the same thing, a deep breath, focus, senses sharpening. Satsuki was getting it, she felt the same warm sensation again. She thought it would be better if she channeled more towards her finger. She was thinking the bigger the flame the longer it would last. It was actually quite the opposite. Her hands were blazing at this point, she could sense it through her eyelids, and even her face felt the warmth of the flames. More she told herself, she needed to do it more. Warmth turned into heat, and then poof! A small explosion. The flames erupting like a small fire cracker, knocking the girl off her feet and onto the floor.

“Ow, that hurt!” she cried out, rubbing her back side. A smell of burnt leather or cloth is it? She didn’t recognize. But something was burning. She raised both her hands to see as she stood up. It was the gloves. They were burnt a little bit. She looked at Hissori, blinking then nervously giving the teacher a wide grin. “Oops…”
She turned to the boy Jirou, he was still at it. Her eyes narrowed, realizing that she had lost this game. And she was craving for ramen. Satsuki gave out a sigh; at least she was able to do the task, though she needs to work on it. The flames still surprised her. This was the first time she had done that.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back