Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Chūnin Exam] The Magenta Lightning

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Odayaka, Homura|NPC
"Good day." A voice commanded the attention of the newly arrived Genin known as Akimitsu, Doi. From his position, Doi could easily discern that this man that was assigned for this fateful day stood at a rather diminutive stature in comparison to Doi, but wielded many years in-place of the difference. With a stern face he proceeded, attention undivided from Doi's position.

"I am Odayaku, Homura. And will serve as your proctor for this examination; so it's formally addressed, this is; and will be your Chūnin examination starting now." the man's gaze held-fast on Doi for a moment as if observing his reaction and understanding of the situation. "Moving on." Homura, had extended his arm to indicate behind his-own position. "In the forest here, I have worked with artisans to craft an obstacle of sorts in order to test your aptitudes. Your goal is to locate a cache of weapons; they are of course- fake. But you'll need to use your imagination; once located you are to destroy them. The theme is to replicate that of a stealth orientated mission, with an excess of hostiles. You may encounter enemies of sorts, if you do; it is up to you to decide the course of action." He paused, allowing a moment of time to elapse to process the information. "You have two hours from the moment you pass me to complete the mission." returning his attention to Doi. He allowed silence to fall over him only for a moment, afore asking.

"Any questions?" If there were, Homura seemed prepared to address them as they come up- Otherwise, it didn't seem like the man was going to stop Doi if he chose to proceed to the start.
Doi was instructed that this examination was going to occur about a week prior, and instructed to prepare himself for any number of challenges that could be presented. Of course they had no intention of telling him exactly what he was going to be faced with. The location was sent to him by courier the night before, forcing him to spend a night in rest; to avoid him scouting the area prior to the examination.

The scene that lay afore Doi is something that quickly and simply represents a lot of foliage, wooded areas and nature in all directions. Where Homura stood was near a gargantuan tree, like all other trees in the Ancient Forest. It didn't look like there was anything prepared in the immediate vicinity, however in the distance he could make out the slightest bit of a red flag. About three hundred feet past the proctor; one could safely assume that was the starting mark of the obstacle course to come. And would require bypassing it before any significant details of what his first challenges were to be.

OOC Notes
  • The exam doesn't have a word-count requirement, so I don't expect a book each post; which leads to point #2
  • The exam will play out a bit like a multiple-choice question quiz, so you can get away with short blurbs so we can stream-line how this plays out. If I end up doing a larger post for detail, there's no expectation that you word-match me. I'm doing it so you can make more informed decisions. That being said, quality still is expected.
  • I'm not going to be going out of my way to fail you; but know that I do have a general mental map of the obstacle course. And depending on choices (And I may include hidden rolls) to pace the examination; it could go south. We will see depending on Doi's decisions and skills.
  • This is predominantly a role-play dependent examination. And I wanna see what showcases Doi as Chūnin material. So you have reign to move Doi within' the constraints of each scene. Try not to god-mod, but you know Doi's strengths and weaknesses better than I do. Do what you will with this; if something silly happens I may just throw in one of the hidden rolls and see where it takes us.
  • For formality, there will be no deaths, bmod calls or any maiming or significant damage done to Doi unless you yourself are inclined to inflict such to your character.

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Hello,” Doi replied, courteously adding in a nod. The man who stood before him held an aura of power that the boy could sense even while approaching from afar. A sign of the man’s many years of experience on the field. Odayaku, Homura was his name and he would the proctor for Doi’s Chūnin examination. The genin stood firm under the watchful eyes of Homura before the man turned to signal towards the examination site. Thoroughly explaining the objective of the exam all the while.

A simulation of a stealth oriented mission through the use of an obstacle course was the premise. It didn’t sound exesively challenging, but Doi would rather not succumb to overconfidence. “Assuming that red flag in the distance is where I start, I’ve got no further questions.”

The Chūnin hopeful hastily began preparations a week prior when he'd been informed of the examination. The exam's location remained unknown until yesterday night. A series of intense workouts, chakra manipulation training, and the improvement of his jutsu arsenal were his main priorities during that week. He felt as ready as he'd ever be.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Correct." Quick to reply, Homura turned to motion for Doi to proceed ahead. "You will be observed, otherwise; you may start." Homura showed no signs of following. Thus it was safe to assume Doi would head to the starting point.

Upon arriving to the Red Flag marker. Doi is presented with a cavernous expanse that stretches about two hundred-feet wide, to get across it appears he would need to make a series of large jumps to land on slanted platforms, each of which angled to only be suitable for a moment to land and vault to the next. Other options appear to be ropes hung from wires strung above. From the other side of the expanse appears to be two different paths available, trodden down to look clear enough to distinct that they were his options; if he were to get to the other side; namely one that leads right, and the other left. Though neither seems distinctly different by any means, both lead further into the forest.

Looking below, it's clear the drop is quite significant. Far enough down that the light that breaks through the canvas of trees above is stifled into complete darkness some ways down. What will he do to get across?

OOC Notes
  • Note, this is an action that has a chance of falling depending on your choice. Role-play as you will, and if you choose something that triggers falling. I will inform you in the following post.
  • Of course, the presented options aren't the only things you can do. Use your imagination if you don't want to approach the options; of course, within' Doi's capacity.
  • At the end of your post (Even if there's a chance of falling) note which path Doi would take.

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Of the options presented before him, jumping along the slanted platforms to the other side appeared the most appealing to Doi. It was a feat that could efficiently be accomplished through the use of his [Storm Mail] technique. Timing was the only hindrance now. Landing and jumping between the platforms before they began to fall was key. It’d be a steep drop down if he were to fail. Though confident he would survive such a situation, it would take away from the 2 hours he had.

The storm release technique began to cloak the boy’s form as he crouched down into a starting position. Once Doi’s entire form was engulfed in a vibrant display of storm energy, the genin blasted off. A cloud of dirt left behind in his wake. Reaching the other side was all that was on his mind.

If he were to successfully make it to the other side, he would take the left path.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the young boy's body was licked by the ferocity that was storm chakra; his blurred body in a near after-image of speed and molecular acceleration that rivaled that of lightning.
With his keen choice of operating with the platforms, he seemed to have chosen correctly. With none being inherently rigged with anything more than sliding; and with the use of his speed and chakra. He darted across the slanted platforms with very little hindrance. Upon landing at the other end, he seemed to have used very little stamina and chakra otherwise to do the task.

Wasting no time, the young man darted along the left path.</GLOW>

<GLOW glow="#2E8B57">Waiting for him upon bending around an organic corner of trees and foliage lay a mostly make-shift miniature 'housing block'. It was constructed of earth, concrete and wood; in a slew of buildings, apartment looking complexes and smaller stubbier buildings which operated to appear like stores. There for the better part, looks like to be little thought in the rat-maze of buildings, however almost directly across from Doi- The opposite end of the housing block appears another red flag; the next stage one could safely assume.
Posing a problem, is right next to the flag; appears a man covered in all black garbs, and wearing a headband that has the kanji written for 敵 or 'enemy' of sorts. If he took a moment to listen, he too would hear footsteps and gentle chatter of other people filling the halls and occupancy of the buildings around. Some more than others.

What he did know was he had to get to the other side, past the guard. And through the complex of buildings; he recalled the purpose of the mission was to replicate a stealth orientated search and destroy. How was he going to get across? And what may he encounter within'?
What then?

OOC Notes
  • Round Note: This sequence is going to be a series of posts I suspect. You will present your first course of action, I will present the challenge and your response. You have some freedom to express the sort of building you're going through and certain pre-cautions and preparatory options he will use.
  • Of course, the presented options aren't the only things you can do. Use your imagination if you don't want to approach the options; of course, within' Doi's capacity.
  • If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Doi observed the series of buildings that stood before him. There wasn’t enough time to make an accurate evaluation of the location due to the sound of approaching footsteps, but the genin did manage catch two important details; the location of the next red flag and a man wearing all black who stood next to it. Deciding against using the rooftops, Doi sought an alternative.

The genin crouched under the window of a nearby building and raised his head just enough to peek inside. What he saw was a long corridor with doors scattered along both the right and left sides. It appeared to be the hallway of a slightly run down apartment building, but the boy wasn’t completely sure. There wasn’t much noise coming from inside, nor did he see anyone that could potentially blow his cover; an adequate situation for him to intrude. Doi entered the structure through the window and quickly used a small transformation jutsu on himself. Adopting the look of a small child, the genin began to silently make his way through the corridor of the single floor building.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Doi took to the buildings, he was right in sliding into the confines of the interior; only moments after he had entered and began stalking through the corridor, did he hear footsteps out where he was standing before. A masked figure walked past, the exterior of the building being perimeter patrolled.

Continuing through the hallway, he heard if only at the last minute the clap of foot-steps against the floor behind one of the doors he passed. No later, did the disguised boy watch as the door swung open to a black-garbed and masked man. Stepping out to scan the hallway; and the sight of the young boy caught his attention.

"You! Boy halt and state your business, this is a restricted building!" the man glowered as he approached by walking, Doi noticed he was armed with a shinobi pouch, but bore no headband marking. His build was about five-foot eight and one could discern he was around a hundred and fourty-pounds. Given the pace he was approaching Doi, he was about ten steps away- A few seconds at most would pass before the man reached him.

What will he do?

OOC Notes
  • Round Note: This sequence is going to be a series of posts I suspect. You will present your first course of action, I will present the challenge and your response. You have some freedom to express the sort of building you're going through and certain pre-cautions and preparatory options he will use.

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"H-hello, sir." The disguised Doi quickly responded. "My pet cat Bartholemeow-kun ran in here while we were playing in the forest." The boy feigned shame as the man approached. "I'm sorry, I didn't know I couldn't come in here." He bowed. "I'll leave, but can I at least get my cat first?"

The genin was making his best attempt to impersonate the mannurisms of a small child. The more believable his disguise, the greater his chances of successfully getting past the interaction. Luckily enough, he was able to quickly think up an excuse upon barely hearing the footsteps. Now he just needed the man to fall for it.

For all he knew, this masked person could be in possession of the trigger for an alarm of sorts. Attacking the man was something Doi wanted to leave as a last resort.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The air carried a level of tension; as the man drew closer listening to the boys reasoning. Something was amiss; it was then that as Doi lowered himself into a bow, did the Genin realize there was a problem--

Problem one: A boot was level with his face. "Nice try kid!" Bellowed the man, there seems to have been a miscalculation. And as the foot collided with Doi's face, sending him skittering backwards. His illusive guise had dropped and revealed the regular look of the young Genin. From the few feet away, did Doi see markings for a weapon storage plant. A kid shouldn't have been here.

The covered man drew out a small bladed weapon. It was shaped almost like a kunai, but wielded closer to a short-sword, being half a forearms length. "Gonna have'ta deal with you trespasser!" the now armed man began accelerating into a stride and then a run towards Doi. The young Genin had to think fast- because he couldn't help but notice the glint of the edge on the weapon; there were no safeties equipped on this test.

This was gonna hurt if he wasn't prepared.

OOC Notes

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Doi held his nose as he cursed under his breath. That was one mighty kick to the face he'd just received. The child like disguise he'd been using was gone now too; his actual teenage form now visible. Moments like these made the genin happy he was actually a relatively resilent, combat experienced junior shinobi and not an actual lost kid. He just hoped there wouldn't be a mark left where he was kicked. If only he'd seen the storage plant markings earlier...

Anticipating a strike from the approaching man, Doi unsheathed his own chokutō to parry the blade and steer the strike off from its original course. Once he'd successfully done so, the boy leapt over the man's form and placed his left palm on top of the man's head in a single acrobatic motion.With the purpose of rendering the man immobile, Doi forced some lightning chakra into the mans skull; just enough to not risk death.

If Doi's lightning induced strike were successful, he would drag the unconscious man into one of the rooms and continue his trek towards the goal. If not, he would have to resort to using another method to take the man out.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ting! echoed the sound of colliding metals, the Genin showed force of alacrity; with keen perception and crossed the path of the incoming weapon with his own. In the swift active movement of the teenage Genin, he vaulted over the faceless opponent; with the momentum of the opponents blade being shifted away, his hand was planted firmly on the man's head and surged viciously with a lick of violet lightning that arced through the body and found a ground at his feet.

Upon making it to the other side of the man, Doi had witnessed a sizzle of black smoke pluming above the man as the aftermath of lightning had sizzled some of his clothing. Though he remained standing, and turned to face Doi once more. "Tch, seems you're spunkier than you look." And it became rather apparent that the opponent wasn't just some ordinary thug either.
This was only reinforced when the man twirled the blade and in an instant the blade became licked with chakra-induced fire. And in an instant he pointed the end of the blade towards Doi, and from the tip erupted a slew of six small basketball sized fireballs. Each targeted to home on the boy, though were in some fashion somewhat like shotgun bullets, intent to try and cover as much ground as possible to ensure a strike.

How will Doi react?

OOC Notes

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The best way to deal with a fire based technique was to use its natural enemy against it. Fortunately enough, water was one of the elements Doi was very proficient in. Second only to his main element of choice, lightning. If it weren't for the battle taking place in such a confined area, Doi would dodge the oncoming fireballs with ease. The unpredictable pattern in which the fireballs were quickly approaching him left no choice but to counter the attack with another. Briefly thinking it over, the white-haired Genin took some time to choose the jutsu he felt best fit the situation. Once he'd decided, he began the process of successfully executing it.

First, he used a series of small backwards leaps in an attempt to gain some distance from his opponent. Doi ran through multiple hand-signs as he did so, finishing on the last one just a he felt he was an adequate distance away from his opponent. He opened his mouth and spewed a massive amount of water, sending forth a large wave in front of him. His intention was to counter the fireballs and takeout his opponent once and for all. Hopefully his previous attack was just a fluke and this one would do the trick.

Doi really needed this to work. He couldn't afford to waste any more time on this guy without knowing what other obstacles lay ahead.

"You're a tough one, but I doubt you can take this head on and still stand."

[WC: 253] [MFT]

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
In moments the clashing elemental forces erupted in a mixture of the two forms; molding into a hissing conglomeration of the effects; they cancelled each other out and filled the air with a humid weight, mist beginning to liquor everything in a layer of liquefied weight. Just as fast at the clashing of jutsu started and finalized Doi had come to realize his vision was obscured to a veiled perception of only about eight feet.
Perhaps to his excitement, he couldn't hear the shuffling of an opponent. If he deemed it time to press forth, he would in-fact come across an unconscious man laying on the ground with drool slithering out the corner of his lips. One count for a victory- But that's when he came to realize some new issues. Namely the shouting of voices outside the building, where they likely witnessed; or heard the explosive effects of colliding natural forces.

He had to act fast, after-all; an undetermined number of hostile forces was closing in on the position of the building. And a limited time before they arrived; would his stealth mission turn into a full assault? Could the young teenager afford such taxing strains on his system?

Find out next time on Ninpochoball Z; or better yet, what will Doi do next?

OOC Notes

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A multitude of voices were approaching their location fast and this signified impending danger for the teenage shinobi. Doi was aware he needed to act fast; lest he be caught in a very difficult situation. He hadn't been counting on the clashing jutsu creating so much noise.

Despite the remaining vapor impairing his vision, Doi was still able to make out a nearby door. He wanted to get out of the hall way quickly, thus he entered the empty room and carefully shut the door behind him. There was no window in this room so there wasn't a risk of being seen from outside. Next he began running through the hand signs for the jutsu he felt best fit the situation. An earth release technique he'd seen a young Senju use during a mock battle that he participated in a few weeks prior. The technique was done by using a jutsu called [Inner Earth Reflection Lure], a jutsu that allowed the user to merge with the earth around them and sink beneath the ground.

Once Doi was successfully underground, he began the process of moving to safety. He traveled as far as he could, though it was hard to see where exactly he was going.Ultimately ending up outside and a safe distance away, Doi slowly rose from the earth and dusted himself off. He'd been sidetracked by that brief battle, but it was now time to continue towards the goal. Hopefully he hadn't lost too much time. It was hard to tell since he wasn't carrying a watch on his person.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Doi found himself swimming through the confines of the earthen ocean beneath the testing grounds. Some five minutes would pass before he found himself in a loose soil; a seemingly safe resurfacing point. Upon doing such, Doi would notice he popped up in what appeared to be an alleyway in the same region where he stumbled into his first combat encounter.
The coast was clear. Upon scouting the area, he came to notice he was a lot closer to the next stage; specifically speaking, also where the man still standing guard was posted. Taking some time to examine the surroundings, he noticed that there were a few much taller buildings nearing the end of this region. If he had looked the way he came, further in the alleyway there he would find a sewer grate that led underground. But to where?

For now, Doi knew he had to decide his means of approach; time was ticking. And there was still an obstacle of a man in the way to the next stage of his examination. What will he find? More foes? Challenges? A pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?

We shall see.

OOC Notes

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sewer route presented an option to travel underground with the added risk of uncertainty as far as direction went. On the other hand, traveling above ground appeared to be the option with a greater chance of coming across enemy resistance. The sewers would save him some time if it led him closer to the flag, but it was probably a labyrinth down there for all he knew. He could even end up farther away from the goal than he was now. Of the two options Doi had, the genin decided to advance towards the goal above ground.

Crouched and walking slowly, the teen made his way out of the alleyway and towards the closest of the tall buildings he'd observed; making sure to peek around corners and duck under windows as he did so. If it weren't for the multitude of smaller buildings around it, Doi would be tempted to just scale the side of a building like this and travel by rooftop. The problem was that he didn't know if there were any look-outs on the roofs or not so staying grounded was his best bet.

If he managed to get close to the flag guard without interruption, he would attempt to lure said guard away from the flag through clever use of a clone.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Doi had been either incredibly stealthy, or those who were posted to keep watch were simply not vigilant enough. As Doi closed the distances between him and the final obstacle. Upon getting to a position of vantage, Doi had created a clone with impressive similarities to himself; and through extensive measures the clone had made a fairly convincing attempt at drawing away the watch-guard. However at the last moment, the man had stopped and with a series of quick movements he had sent a flurry of kunai to litter the clone. And in a hairs moment, the convincing smoke of a disrupted clone filled the air.

With quick footwork, the man rerouted and got back to the position as fast as he could; though in his movements; Doi couldn't help but tell the man had caught sight of him through the reflection of a window.

Followed in swift succession; the man brought both his hands together and wove a series of fluid seals. And from his mouth exhumed a plethora of flowing lava, while fluid and liquid like water; it carried a horrifying amount of heat, and like a violent sea started to slosh across the concrete landscape in attempt to slam into Doi. With a distance of about thirty feet and the environment available. Doi had time to react, but how would he? And now that he knows what kind of powerful foe he's against.

What will he do to overcome the trial?

OOC Notes

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With his clone dispelled and a raging sea of lava drawing near, Doi made to swiftly relocate himself. The genin transferred from cover to cover in search of a spot safe enough to shelter him from harm, but this was proving to be quite the challenging task. The lava's sheer intensity allowed it to eat through anything it came into contact with. A calamitous force.

Hastily rushing through hand seals as he ran, Doi began to expel a large amount of water from his mouth; generating a gargantuan wave sturdy enough for him to ride. Riding the enormous wave of water out into the open and straight towards the incoming sea of red, Doi leapt high into the air an instant before the two opposing elements were to crash. From his airborne position, the youth sped through another quick set of hand seals in preparation for his following attack.

279bcaf706032a4baaba953ba2fb45f8928a07fb_00.gif

The junior shinobi sent a gargantuan aquatic dragon fiercely diving towards his opponent.

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
In the fiery clash of a horde of water and the rising scalding steam that followed when contact was made between the two forces. As the young teenager leaped skywards in a feat only befit of a shinobi; his opponent was caught in sight weaving a horde of seals all in his own, while they weren't matching that of which Doi was actioning, it was just as fast.

Upon the feral unleash of the dragon of water, a hiss of energy swallowed the opponent and a sphere of ashen lava swirled to life. Just in the nick of time to divert the force of the water away from the man, and left him seemingly unharmed. If only a bit exhausted from the expenditure of chakra, drawing from his stamina reserves.
As the clash concluded, the man let the lava drain away from around him; all while Doi was falling. He had withdrawn a hand of three kunai each with an explosive tag attached to the finger grip. And flung them, aiming somewhat in a shotgun formation; intent on striking not any one precise location, but a series of directions that he suspected Doi could cover with unique movements. Making trajectory evasion rather challenging.

The question now, was what will Doi do?

OOC Notes

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There weren't many ways for one to dodge a barrage of kunai while already airborne; especially ones that were capable of exploding at any given second. Doi almost instantly knew he was stuck. The teen was quickly losing altitude and lacked jutsu capable of deflecting the kunai without causing them to prematurely explode. 'Come on, think...'

Suddenly, one of the explosive tags went off and triggered the others to do so aswell. Consequently creating a massive chain explosion and sending debris everywhere.

Doi was caught in the middle of it...

500px-Muggy_Ball_explosion.png

Or so it appeared to the naked eye.

'Ah... they almost got me there, ' Doi thought to himself; hiding behind a nearby chunk of rubble. He'd quickly managed to substitute himself with some debris the jutsu clash from earlier had kicked up at the last minute. Fortunately he'd gotten away with no visible injuries, although his clothing had been slightly charred. Enough mist remained to cover the genin's tracks efficiently despite the kunai explosion dispersing the majority of it. It wouldn't be long before the dust settled and his formidable opponent realized he hadn't really been hit all.

The teen had been pulling off multiple chakra consuming techniques in succession since the trial's commencement. He was very lucky he had large chakra reserves. Performing a new set of hand seals, Doi prepared for his next attacking jutsu. He remained crouched as he stepped from around the rubble and sharply swung his right arm upwards. The motion shot off a razor sharp arc of storm release energy towards his opponent.

[WC:264] [MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back