Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Class for mah boi

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He knew it was probably inappropriate but he figured that it would be for Shin's best future that Kushin specifically took him on an official class. It would only be one on one, but as far as Kushin was concerned it was student-teacher, not father-son. He'd witnessed what he'd feared in his son from the forest. He struggled with others his own age just as Kushin had and although Kushin didn't know how to interact with people himself he hoped that by explaining the importance of it maybe his son could figure out a method where Kushin had failed.

In all honesty he half-by understood the dynamics of friendship and all that jazz. You needed to be open with others, you needed to reveal yourself to be trusting and make people believe you weren't always on edge. Kushin had attempted to use these things himself at times, but what he found he lacked most of was the ability to tell when this was the way to act. So hopefully his son didn't lack this capability. If he did, then perhaps he'd need to learn another way to cope with it.

The classroom had been booked by Kushin, only the second time he'd ever undergone such a task, and he waited for Shin to arrive.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Shin stopped just inside the door as he saw his foster father standing at the front of the classroom.

"Dad?" he asked as he fumbled for the copy of his enrollment in his bandolier. As he pulled it out and read his supposed teacher's name silently, his gaze shifted from the paper to his dad.

"I . . . um . . . " he began before clearing his throat and stuffing the paper back into his pocket. "Sorry, Isaki-sensei," he apologized with a light bow before taking a seat at the front of the class.

Wow . . . this is gonna be interesting.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The room was empty except for the two of them. A silence descended on the room after the scraping of the seat finished as Shin took his seat.

The silence remained as Kushin leant against the front wall. After a couple of moments he pushed himself off of the wall, walked towards the door and closed it.

It's going to be just you and me today Shin. He said as the click sounded of the door latch reaching the closed position.

In the forest, I saw how you and that other boy initially met. He was defensive. His defensiveness caused you to become defensive. You are young and I want the best for you, and that means I want you to have friends. You understand why friends are important don't you?

It was a legitimate question, and he wanted to know if Shin thought that friends were important. It would tell Kushin the first step along what it was that he needed to teach the boy.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
The silence that lingered in the room for so long sent chills down Shin's spine.

Please tell me he didn't find out about you, Leech . . .

Perhaps . . . I enjoy watching you suffer from anxiety, though, so I'll allow Isaki-sensei to speak for himself.

Raiden damn you, Leech!

The boy began to fidget a bit before Kushin finally spoke.

"You saw that!?" he repeated, shocked by how close his foster father had actually been to him, Kaoru, and Hiraku. As he opened his mouth to formulate a response, he stopped and stared at his desk for a moment, his hand covering the lower half of his face.

Memories of his first class with Tensai, his encounters with Hiraku, and the zealots of his past shunning him; all reminded him of how he had never had any real friends. Although Okami-sama had gotten him through most of his life so far, at his age Shin knew that the stuffed animal's persona was merely a projection of his own: someone who'd always agree, even if it wasn't for the best.

That's when the answer dawn on him.

"I guess having friends is important because friends help one stay motivated."

Tsutaku Sotoa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah running behind schedule, I hope I can find the right room in time. Maybe this is it?"

Opening the door and peeking his head in to see one pouting academy student writing a message repeatedly on the class board as punishment that reads.

I will not use smoke bombs as whoopee cushions.

Holding a piece of paper with the class number on it Sotoa shows the student with a raised eyebrow and without words or thinking the student writes. Four classrooms down on your left. Erasing the message as soon as it was recieved the child goes back to his punishment with a frown as Sotoa nods leaving the classroom with a slight grin, walking into the hallway to his destination. "One, two, three, and this should be it." Upon opening the door he spots two individuals in an almost silent room possibly getting started with the class lesson. Walking in and with a slight bow he introduces himself.

"Hi, sorry i'm late. Tsutaku Sotoa is my full name but Sotoa would be just fine."

He speaks in a calm demeanor. Raising up from his bow he makes his way to the instructor, offering and holding the paper showing his placement in the class.

[Topic Entered]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin answered the question and Kushin nodded twice silently. He was thinking of what that answer meant. It seemed a curious answer, similar perhaps to his own answer should he have ever given it when he was the same age, which would have been along the lines of they were useful. But motivated was something slightly different again.

Interrupting Kushin's thoughts arrived another.

Kushin looked at the boy who apologized for being late.

Take a seat. Kushin said to the boy in a way which could and would likely be taken negatively, but wasn't meant in that way.

We are discussing the importance of friends. Shin here... Kushin said introducing Shin to the other boy without meaning to ... answered that they keep you motivated. What do you see in the value of friendship? He asked and walked around Shin's desk while the boy answered and placed his hand on Shin's head.

A jutsu Kushin knew allowed him to gain access to the boys senses, his sight, touch, everything, except he couldn't read the boys mind. It did open up a channel of communication through the mind as well, but that was only for deliberate communication using it.

Listen well to this boys answer. Was Kushin's voice through that connection before his hand moved away again. The movement of the hand on the head would seem like an unusual gesture probably to the other. Especially as he wouldn't be aware of Kushin and Shin's father-son relationship.

Tsutaku Sotoa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"!"

Slightly caught off guard by the instructors tone and the sudden question he takes a seat at a desk next to an empty one by Shin, leaving a gap in between the two but acknowledging his pressence with a slight but friendly nod. This one may be a bit strict. Sotoa thought as he was still trying to get a feel on the one teaching but not exactly having an opinion on Shin yet, though paying attention to their body language he see's that they may somewhat be acquainted from a previous class.

Snapping out of it he gets back to the question he was just asked, knowing his answer is patiently being waited on.

"What I see in the value of friendship? I see the possibility of one less enemy and the chance of having a helping hand when you may need it."

Sotoa spoke up, answering the instructors question the best way he possibly could, though unsure what the feedback may be from it but hoping it was a somewhat decent answer. In that breif moment of waiting it became silent.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
[Sorry for the late response]

Shin nodded to his dad as the latter moved his hand away from the former, an eerie yet all too familiar sense of unease settling over him. Despite being accustomed to the jutsu which Kushin had used on him, his experiences with Zansatsu caused him to distrust any communication like that. The only thing that had kept Shin in his seat was the bond him and Kushin had formed.

As the other boy replied with his own answer, Shin cocked his head to the side a bit as he pondered the validity of differentiating between allies and enemies. After all, he knew that people could change based on their interactions with others, and as such the entropic nature of humanity seemed to contradict the idealistic notion Sotoa had suggested.

"Um . . ." Shin began to address his classmate, his tone laced with doubt and confusion. "So . . . we should befriend our enemies?"

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So you value friendship from a scales point of view. The more friends you have the less enemies you can have, and should you have an enemy the more allies you would have against that enemy?

He spoke this despite Shin's reply, in a way trying to correct it. Kushin hadn't expected that answer from the boy, he had hoped for something more emotional, but perhaps for that he probably needed a female.

The question had no correct answer. In the end friendship is for everyone something different.

Looking at them both he thought for a moment.

What is the difference between friendship and respect?

Tsutaku Sotoa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taking the feedback as it comes, Sotoa nearly lets a slight chuckle out due to his classmates reply but successfully maintains his composure to not come off as rude. Wanting to correct the misconception he is beaten to it by his instructors reply, he nodded his head slightly as he agreed with the basic jest explained of his own answer. Though before being able to speak once more, another question that needed answering was upon the two sitting down. The difference between friendship and respect? I need to find the right words for this one. Hmm maybe this will be a decent answer.

Sotoa thought as he was not exactly sure where to start with his answer but decides to give his best explanation a shot. Giving it a small moment of silence before speaking.

"It's a bit tough for me to answer and to find a clear way to put it since friendship comes with its own degree of resepct in a number of ways, like someone you look up to or a person you could bet your life on. There usually isn't a friendship without respect for the other person, though respect its self can also be shared between enemies in a mutual sense and by ways of reputation or positions of power as well. Both words come together sometimes."

Giving his best opinion on the question he waits once more, bracing himself for any feedback and also waiting to see if there will be a second opinion to answer the question asked.

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Shin shook his head as his dad attempted to clarify Sotoa's response for him. In the end, however, the boy still remained unconvinced of its validity: after all, if the value of friendship was a quantitative one based on how many friends one had and how many enemies one didn't have, then why not turn any and all enemies into allies?

But before he could think too much more on the first question, Isaki-sensei asked his second question, that of the difference between respect and friendship. Sotoa answered first, acknowledging that friendship could not exist without some form of mutual respect while also acknowledging that one can respect enemies and authority figures as well. His words, however little sense they made before, now came in loud and clear for the boy.

"I agree with Sotoa, though I want to add that ya can respect anyone for one aspect, yet disrespect them for others. Like you can respect an ally for their loyalty and you can respect an enemy for being strong, but ya wouldn't respect that same ally for being weak, and ya wouldn't respect that same enemy for opposing ya."

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kushin simply remained standing as first the newcomer answered and then his son.

Again there was no correct answer, so Kushin didn't actually care about what was said. Everything that he was teaching was simply opinions. He was trying to do what he could to create a flexibility in thinking in the youth. To get them to learn that there were different opinions other than their own, this was something that children often didn't realize.

Accepting others opinions was something Kushin himself found very difficult, often because he made sure he was more informed than others and thus had a more in depth understanding of the topic being discussed.

However this was a topic where there weren't documents which described what it was, in the end this was defined as an individualistic opinion and thus even Kushin could understand that there were differences.

So you're suggesting that respect isn't simply something that is an overall while friendship is something which remains constant unless placed strain on? Is that right Shin?

And Sotoa, you're saying that respect can be gained through knowledge of one's title by default while friendship wouldn't be gained in that same way?

These are over simplifications of what you have each said, and even this might be incorrect. I want one of you to talk about something that you feel strongly about. That will be the topic of discussion, and I want the two of you to talk about it.

Tsutaku Sotoa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I guess one topic that is a bit important to me could be on what drives you and if there are any personal code or rules you live by."

Sotoa says, offering up an idea for discussion but also giving his current classmate Shin a chance to share his input on different possible subject of his choosing. He hopes that it will be a topic that won't push too many buttons or get too deep and personal with the instructor and classmate, but also looking to see if this idea for conversation will get anywhere.

Looking over toward Shin, Sotoa awaits his input on the new topic idea as he is ready to have almost any type of discussion topic to get a better fix on the other two in the room with him.

I wonder what he has in mind.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
"I guess so," Shin admitted as Kushin paraphrased his response.

Zansatsu's laughter trembled within his consciousness.

What's the matter? Having little to no faith in your own words?

The boy sighed as he closed his eyes and massaged the bridge of his nose, struggling to remain calm yet alert despite the demon's jests and jabs. He turned in his seat to face Sotoa as he spoke, his blood red eyes staring blankly at the other boy as he listened. After his classmate offered his topic of discussion, Shin closed his eyes and nibbled on his own knuckle for a brief moment before responding.

"Hmm . . . ya could say that redemption is what drives me, both my own and that of others," he addressed one aspect his peer held dear to him, hesitant to reveal his reasons before both a relative stranger and his foster father. "Anyone can be forgiven for anything at any time, whether they're alive or dead, but only if they seek that forgiveness."

Shin blinked a few times and shook his head as he finished, wondering where the sudden burst of insight originated before continuing.

"As far as a moral standard goes, I am loyal to those who will help me redeem myself, such as the Raikage and my foster family."

Tsutaku Sotoa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ahh I see."

Sotoa spoke in reply to Shin's answer, keeping eye contact with him as they both continued on with the new topic discussion. "Seeking redemption is definantly something that could keep you driven, and I guess you could say the respect of those closest to me is what keeps me on the right path." He shares briefly as he looks away for a moment while he folds his arms and sits back some in his seat. "As for a code. Well I think we are on something similar but it's in a different way." Thinking about it and looking to move on, he decides to keep it short and skip his other half of the few codes he lives by, figuring that the one mentoned was in a way very close to one of his and the other codes that he does keep a bit personal need no mention. Though another personal point that caught Sotoa's attention was one that Shin mentioned, it was about forgiveness and what he felt about those that seek it.

"If you don't mind me asking. Is there anything you yourself would consider beyond forgiveness?"

He asks out of curiousity to see if there would be another possible side to the past statement that was made about the word. Not looking to pry too much, Sotoa tries to get a better understanding on and of the one next to him and also seeing that both of them have been given some time to talk for a moment on the subject, he awaits Shin's responce.

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
"Hmm . . . " Shin leaned back in his seat and stretched his arms up and behind him, "that's a hard question to answer, 'cause it depends on what ya consider forgiveness to be." He leaned forward now, hands clasped before him as he maintained eye contact with his peer. "See, I consider forgiveness to be the lack of any kind of grudge or guilt. So I guess ya could say although total forgiveness may be impossible to achieve for some, there is always the opportunity to seek partial forgiveness, either from oneself or those they affected."

Tsutaku Sotoa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taking a quick moment to think about what was said Sotoa nods his head slightly as Shin finished making his point. "In a way, I guess i'll take that as a yes and no. So i'll leave it at that unless there's anything else you what to say or add." He spoke as looked back with a friendly grin as he waited to see if this topic was ready to move onto a new one or if there would be more to discuss on the subject. This one is a bit different from the other past classmates i've had. He thought to himself, looking and waiting as he was unsure of what would be said or brought up next.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back