Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Decision Making [ Open Class ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin nodded his head as he cleared his throat. "The term 'kinjutsu' derives from the word forbidden technique. A jutsu is considered forbidden if crosses two simple facts: the jutsu defies the laws of nature and the jutsu has a higher probability of harming the user." Shin said as he lifted each finger to indicated the duality of the rules.

After Shin spoke Shindou addressed his opinion with pristine confidence. "Kinjutsu is usually obtained by the death or mutilations of another. You may hear rumors of Uchiha ripping out other family member's eyes to achieve great power, well it happens. Kinjutsu is such a powerful debate because gaining power by mutilation or murder should not be done; while other people think the benefits out weigh the costs. I believe kinjutsu should remain legalized. The thirst of power would always lead someone to murder so allowing our hospital to give the necessary "parts" will decrease the need for murder and we would know who has a kinjutsu. I might be a little bias because I plan on obtaining a Hyuuga eye myself from the hospital." He said.

"Yes, it is..." Shin said pausing in his statement. "a particular reason why the council has legalized the use of kinjutsu; however, there are counter-arguments that show that power can not be quenched by simply gaining more power. There is a saying that the burning sun can not quench the thirst of a man's heart. It is only in extreme cases when a kinjutsu is needed to save a person's life." It was safe to say that Takaki Masao only took the surgery to save his aging body but inadvertently gain a kinjutsu. Shin is sure that his old comrade would not be the one who would actively crave power; but it would be naive for Shin to see no fault in Masao -- any man can be tempted.

A few moments later the young woman gave her retort. "Personally, I don't understand why people have such a desire to change themselves for powers sake. I am proud of my skills I possess now, and confident in them. Our natural talents can be just as potent when used in the proper way. I can see what Shindou is saying, however, why should we be hopeful of another person's unjustified misfortune for our own gain? Why should we instill this in our growing population? I find that to be in poor taste... I am against the idea of Kinjutsu being legalized."

"I whole-heartily agree with your statements. I was interested to know if anyone shared the same opinion. I won't deny that I feel the concept of a kinjutsu cheapens the skills of a shinobi but I will also say that no man should wield the power against nature; least it quickly destroys him. There are various way to counter any skill all you must do is exploit the weakness." He said.

The rest of the group did not take the woman's words to heart.

"I view Kinjutsu as a necessary evil. An advantage that our enemies will surely abuse, and as with any weapon of mass destruction, must be obtained even if only to keep the scales from tipping. Several of these forbidden jutsu are looked down upon, even outright distrusted, and I cannot say that these views are unfounded. As we had just described is it possible for a Jinchuuriki to lose their body and mind to the beast possessing them: at that point he or she has effectively died, and left an unthinking, unfeeling mass of chaos, that will not hesitate to completely obliterate anything lying in its path with a tasteless disregard for human life…" The young ANBU said.

"It is the reality of it. It would be unwise to not study it to defend oneself against it; but I would advice not to taint yourself with the art. "Shin said. "Let us now return to the lesson at hand. My last question follows as such: your a leader in a four man squad, excluding yourself. Hypothetically, two of your members are from different villages who have a prejudiced mindset against Kumogakure. To make matters worse, they accuse the rest of the members of taking a life from their village. What do you do in this situation to make your mission successful." Shin continued clearing his throat.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kahako listened to those around her, she grew more confused on the argument on Kinjutsu. Both sides had a valid argument, but in her mind it all boiled down to one thing: The question on whether or not it was moral. Those types of questions always depended on the person in which you were asking. Either way, she shook her head. She would think about it later. The Raikage was going to continue on with class.

After the question was placed before her, her eyebrows furrowed. “Raikage-sama, why are these two members even with my squad doing Kumogakure missions? If it is common knowledge that they do not like our village, and they do not call this place their home, why then is it okay for them to be alone with Kumo shinobi on a potentially sensitive mission such as this? Also, what was our mission that lead to the death of another shinobi? Would we have known that there would be possible battles occurring?”

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo was able to stay focused enough to hear Tagiushi-san’s view of Kinjutsu and the Raikage’s response to it. Tomo believed that if a person was skilled enough to learn such a skill and brave enough to use it, then it wasn’t Tomo’s place to deny that person the powers they earned. However, getting a Kinjutsu through surgery seemed like cheating. Those were powers that should be denied people.
The Raikage gave his last question and Tomo closed his eyes to play out as many scenarios as he could think of. Next to him, Higa-san asked questions about the specifics of the mission. Knowing the answers to those questions would be nice, but Tomo didn’t want to wait for a response. He was worried that he would lose his chance to participate if he waited any longer. Tomo opened his eyes and began to speak his mind.

“If the two shinobi are going to jeopardize the mission by not trusting the rest of us, then I would relieve them from it. They will only cause problems if they are going to continually accuse everyone of killing people. Sometimes the job of a shinobi is to kill people. It is quite possible that through their lifetime as shinobi, the people in my group have had to kill another person from a village. A shinobi should only think of the present. The current mission is what matters and issues of people killing other people should not matter. In fact, as a manager, the people that decide who go on missions should have thought about this. If this mission was so important then the people that decide who go on missions should have considered the possibility that the shinobi in the group would not get along.”

Tomo couldn’t help but let his manager training get in the way of his ideals. It shouldn’t all fall to the leader to make things work. Leaders aren’t miracle workers. That can’t miraculously make people get along if they are stuck in a certain mindset. However, this might be the reason why Tomo shouldn’t be a leader…at least not of a group of assassins.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed even the Raikage was against the use of Kinjutsu and it was respectable but Shindou still felt that it should stay legal. Of course the way to obtain it is cruel and dark but if the person is already dead then why waste your resources. The final question the Raikage asked was difficult to question because as soon as you allies starts threatening you the trust with them is broken. The mission can not be successful if those two shinobi are needed to complete the mission because they won't obey orders. Even if the go along to finish the mission, the other village shinobi may attack you when you least expect it. The only way to keep the mission and your lives safe the removal and replacement of the shinobi will be needed.

It will be impossible to complete the mission unless the shinobi are removed and replacement shinobi are brought in. If you try to carry on with the mission the likeliness that they will obey orders are slim and the chance they will attack you when you are at your most vulnerable is high. I would attempt to remove the shinobi from the mission and if they try to harm one of our shinobi they will be dealt with accordingly.

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Moro thought the question odd to say the least. a chorus of objections met the Raikage's query, as really could only be expected. There didn't seem to be any nuance to this round. If this was some kind of trick question, Moro certainly wasn't going to be the one to bite.

"I'm not really prone to sympathy for devils, Raikage-dono. If someone in my squad wants to play 'sins of the father' and waste time with never-ending tit for tat they will simply be removed. Missions are not a game, and things like this are exactly the reason why joint operations will never be anything more than hypothetical ethical fantasy.

"We cannot even contact these savages, and frankly i'm happy with the way things are. If NeoKonoha shinobi want to spend their free time fornicating with their livestock then so be it. If Kirigakure residents want to succumb to incest and interbreed to the point where genetic defects are unavoidable then so be it. If Sunagakure wants to sit in their dank, smelly caves and build sandcastles stuck together with feces for the next two-thousand years as they have done with the previous millenia, then by all means, SO. BE. IT. It is certainly no skin off my nose and self-sufficiency was never a problem of ours. Let them squabble like the bunch of ignorant backwater children they are!"

He began dictating with such force that spittle flew in every direction: "THE WALLS AND GATES OF THEIR VILLAGE ARE LITERALLY MADE OF SHIT FOR RAIDEN'S SAKE." Moro whirled violently around, looking at everyone in turn. "WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY HAVE OUT THERE? TREES? NO. QUARRIES? NO. THERE IS JUST SAND. AN ENDLESS WASTELAND. LET THESE ALIENS INTO OUR LIVES AND THEY WILL SURELY DRAG US DOWN WITH THEM TO MEET THE SAME FATE."</B><i></i> He then pointed to each of the students in turn, <B>"YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU! DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A SUNAGAKURE 'MUD'SHACK? I DIDN'T THINK SO! I HAVE FOUGHT FOR. YEARS. TO PRESERVE OUR WAY OF LIFE. LET THEM COME, LET THEM ALL COME AND MARCH AN ARMY RIGHT UP TO OUR IMPENETRABLE BLACK GATES. SHINBATSU AND RAIDEN WOULD BE SO OUTRAGED, THEY WOULD DECEND FROM THE HEAVENS ARM IN ARM AND DRIVE BACK THE INVADERS WITHOUT EVEN BREAKING THEIR HOLY EMBRACE!" Moro finished in a huff.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Indeed. It is an interesting scenario which would lead to your question: what are their foreigners participating in our missions. In normal cases such an event would not occur but there are times when two or more nations will need to work together to satisfy the common task at hand." Shin said as he looked up at the small girl. It was several years ago when a young man who hailed from the depths of water country wishing for an audience with Shin. At the time Shin was a Main Sennin who could only humor the young man's curiosity of lightning country. "Keep in mind that our contracts may not comprehend or care about the qualms between shinobi nations and as such you should be able to flexible enough to handle the situation. Moreover, it is safe to assume that battle can occur at any time." Shin continued.

The rest of the responses were all statements bordering in the same realm of similarity and some spoke with more passion than others. Shin did not react in a negative sense, in fact he was rather relieved that he did not get a an auspicious response. However, there has not been any interaction with Sungakure no Sato and yet this man spoke as if he had experience. Was he being a sychophantic just to prove a point that the patrons of Kumogakure should harbor no pleasure with any village besides its own?

"Interesting...." Shin thought to himself as he listen to the man cries.

"You cathect against any other country so strongly. Why is that?" Shin said calmly.

[Was going to end it here but Moro just made it interesting ^_^']

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was shocked to be personally addressed, but Moro coolly met the Raikage's gaze all the same. Hayata Shin was renowned for his levelheadedness and ability to make decisions analytically. While the anger had drained from Moro's features, the conviction is his voice was still palpable.

"Raikage-dono;" He bowed respectfully as he addressed the village leader. "Their intent is malicious. Why else would they remain incommunicado if not to strike from the shadows when the correct opportunity presents itself? Our isolation is self imposed for our own protection. Greed and power are mercurial. To assume that other hidden villages are going to only operate within their country's borders, and not vie for wealth and military might in direct, or indirect opposition of our own--I think would be naive. Borders are nothing more than lines drawn in the sand by soldiers.

"If we can assume that the other hidden villages are structured and function similarly to ours, it only logically follows that sabotage of competitors, or increasing one's own strength in order to remain relevant would be a necessity. When you consider missions that we send even our children to do: wetwork, demolition and arson, torture, kidnapping, theft, just to name a few, by the very nature of our way of life it is obvious that each of the villages seeks to be the king of the hill. By any means necessary."
He finished with a low growl.

The ruthless survive and thrive, the meek die and are left to rot in ditches by the wayside. THAT was human nature. Benefit of the doubt was a luxury that simply could not be afforded.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Yes, naturally ever human being exhibits these behaviors. It is the reality of all things." Shin said firmly. It was a belief that he understood as a young boy passed down by his endearing father. It was the reasons that drove his father in his research to find a way to efface erratic emotions leaving on purpose and logic behind -- in effect to make the perfect tool. If his father was here right now he could see that Deta could be the very thing he imagined -- or perhaps not. "In effect, it is a sound analysis however, not limiting to another nation. I would give a quick say on this subject. I don't deny your thinking but it is possible to use chaos to your advantage. There are many opportunities to indulge in even in the midst of confusion." Shin continued as he adjusted his glasses.

"It seems time has past us so I will dismiss the class on this note. Exams are arriving this season so students prepare yourself for what is ahead of you. For the rest of you remain villigiant in your path as shinobi. If there are anymore questions I dismiss you all."

[I was expecting other people to respond but I guess that is not needed ^_^']

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she listened to the argument between Tagiushi-san and the Raikage, she didn’t put in her own comments. She dwelled on Tagiushi’s final statement. It stuck in her mind and made her pause as the Raikage ended class. King of the hill, by any means nessessary. That statement hit very close to home. Her father always told her business was a dog eat dog world. She gave a small smile. “Guess this world isn’t much different than from the one I left,” she said quietly. Did she make the right decision in coming here... in following the path of a shinobi? She stood from her seat, determination filled her eyes. She wasn’t going to let those questions stop her now. She made her decision. After years of allowing them to be made for her, it was a bit of a relief to be the one making the decisions. She smiled to the ANBU beside her. “It was nice to meet you, Shino-san. I hope to see you again.”

She walked to the front of the class as others began to pile out. “Thank you, Raikage-sama for your lecture today.” She said with a small smile and a bow. With that, she began playing with her charm necklace and walked out of the door and down the hall. She had training to do after all.

[Topic Left]

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well Raikage-dono, Thank you for your time today--" Gin began from her seat as she stood and gave a low bow, "I hope we meet again." From then on, her gait was that of haste as she exited the class. 'I didn't know how much longer I could sit there... in the presence of the likes of him...' Moro had changed more then she could have ever imagined; more then she could comprehend. But maybe today was just a fluke.. maybe it would just be this once...

[Brief Topic Left Post xD]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo listened to the other responses and nodded. He could understand not trusting other villages. They are unknown and foreign to him since he has lived in Kumogakure for the past two years. His relatives that know more about the villages don't talk about them. He traveled with his family, but they never came across other shinobi...at least he didn't think they had.

The Raikage tried to tell the other side of things, but Tomo wasn't so sure. He wasn't necessarily hateful towards other villages, he just preferred to fight alongside people who were from the same village. They would have a better chance of being cooperative.

Lecture ended and Tomo rose from his seat. Higa-san only said goodbye to Shino-san, and he couldn't help but scrunch his face. Why didn't she say that to him? Was it because she heard him mumbling to himself? He blushed lightly as he remembered where his train of thought had ended. He turned to face those he had met today, Shino-san and Tagiushi-san, and gave a quick bow. "It was an honor to meet you both. I hope I too can treat younger generations with the same kindness you have shown me. Now, if you would excuse me." Tomo made his way down the stairs towards the exit. On his way, Tomo bowed his head to the Raikage, whether he was looking at Tomo or not. The auditorium was soon behind him and Tomo let his mind wander to his next objective. His sister should be waiting for him, emphasis on should. She probably wasn't. Tomo sighed as he felt deep down in his gut that he was going to be put through some horrible event because of his wonderful twin.

[Topic left]

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Moro's face was blank as he listened to the Raikage's retort, he couldn't help but wonder, is he as soft as the rumors say? But as he finished, in the same sentence he played devil's advocate, in the same tone, with the same cool collectedness, Hayata Shin's devilish brilliance shown through. Moro couldn't help but grin wolfishly. Touche, Hayata-san. Willing to take an optimistic view in what seemed almost any circumstance during this interactive lecture, Moro could finally see how Shin had risen to power. Anyone who labeled the Raikage craven was dead wrong. Entendre had never been Moro's strong suit, however. Best left to the higher-ups. The only chaos Moro could orchestrate was with his fists.

Moro would leave with a new-found light on intervillage relationships. Perfidious or not, having heathens around might not be such a bad thing if Kumogakure was the one collecting the pieces of silver.

He bowed deeply, "Thank you for your time, Raikage-dono. This has been more informative than you know."

Moro noted Gin's expeditious exit. Wonder what's got her gizzard now?

Panda-head had excused himself rather politely. "Likewise, Mochizuki-kun." He beamed. Well, at least not everyone thinks I'm a leper. An old Santaru warsong found its way between his lips as he exited the academy, whistling.

[topic left]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back