Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Decision Making [ Open Class ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako inwardly grimaced at the girl who called herself Tomo. 'Greeeeaaaaat… another person who wants the honor of taking over the family business,’ she thought, but she still respected the girl for her goals in life. At one time Kahako wanted nothing more than to do the same thing. However, that time had passed, and the thought of knowing there was someone out there who still wanted that dream hit a little too close to home. Kahako stored her opinion of the girl away for another day though as the Jounin, Jaeda Shino, also introduced himself.

Immediately she respected the man. This was the type of shinobi she wanted to become. Like the Tagiushi-san, he seemed to contain a cool head and a general interest in the ones beneath him. If these were how Kumogakure Jounin were, Kahako could only imagine how the Raikage would be.

She caught Jaeda-san’s whispered words of someone approaching as the noisy genin drew her attention to the front of the room. It was at that moment that the door to the auditorium opened and an older looking man entered the auditorium. When the Raikage began speaking, Kahako’s body snapped to attention as if she were listening to her mother. ‘A good manager is a man who isn't worried about his own career but rather the careers of those who work for him,’ Kahako thought. Another lesson Kahako’s mother imparted onto her daughter at a young age. She could tell that Hayata-sama felt the same. Though the expression on her face didn’t change, Kahako’s heart filled with a sense of belonging and happiness. This was what she wanted. To work for someone who considered the wellbeing of others along with his own.

“Hai, Raikage-sama,” She said quietly but with determination. She was going to learn everything this man had to offer. Jeada-sensei was right, she had a lot to learn about the world of the shinobi. Now, she was learning it from the best.

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[ooc: holy mackerel there is a lot of dialogue to get through, bear with me if I sort of rapid-fire it]

Moro’s mouth opened slightly in shock when someone he didn’t know not only spoke to Mordgeld in an incredibly familiar way, but threatened him. Moro had been in the corps for over a decade and had never learned Mordgeld’s true name. To actually hear it was startling. Moro shot to his feet and growled, “I don’t know who you are, but my advice would be to watch your mouth before you write a check your ass can’t cash.”

Gin, being the unreasoning robot that she was, jumped to attention like a puppy and began patting the genin down after ‘cuffing’ him.

'Masao' then berated he and the mystery man directly. The fire went out of Moro in an instant. “Of course Sir. I forget myself. Understood.” The sting was made worse by the senior ANBU praising Gin, saying she was the only one “with the discipline to follow orders these days.” How humiliating. Moro could feel the heat rising to his cheeks but did his best to conceal it. Thankfully he walked out, alleviating some of the embarrassment.

The Genin, pinned to the floor a few seconds before, seemed no worse for ware, even screamed his delight and busted out into a victory dance. An incredibly awkward victory dance, but a victory dance all the same.

Sweetly, almost as if in response to his hurt, the student he had introduced himself to earlier came over to speak to him, “Higa Kahako, sir. I don’t mind if you call me by my first name though. It's nice to meet you too. Though I must admit, I wonder why an ANBU would need a class like this. Don’t you agree, panda girl?”

‘Panda girl’ immediately waltzed over and introduced himself, also giving Kahako the whats-what. Mystery man also chimmed in and gave his name. Both Shino and Tomo had given surprisingly impressive, highbrow answers. “How poetic,” Moro said, rolling his eyes. “I’m just here to meet the Raikage! Hopefully I’ll get a chance to shake the man’s hand before I take a crossbow bolt for him.” He added sarcastically. The 23 year old didn’t want to admit that he had been in the service of the village for this long and still had never met the man he had pledged his life to, as Masao had not so subtly reminded him.

The Raikage was supposed to be an exceedingly excellent public speaker, as well as one of the greatest Sensei still walking the globe this day. Moro secretly hoped that part of the spark that had died with his years of seemingly endless ANBU work in the field would be restored by hearing the man speak. Hopefully he could inspire the younger ones as well. In his mind, that was far more important.

Speak of the devil, the Raikage walked in afterwards and began to address the assembled nin about the Port Cirrus ‘incident’. If a military coup can be called an incident, then sure. Another shady figure spoke to the Raikage like an old friend. Moro, without thinking about it, added his voice to the chorus of others, “Understood, Raikage-dono.” Moro was anxious to hear what the kage would reveal about Port Cirrus.

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gin felt overwhelming satisfaction with Moro's reaction to Masao; she didn't even have to look at him to know he was both seething with embarrassment and bewildered into temporary silence. There was way to much going on in this room to keep track of anymore, and it was even more confusing throwing the Raikage in the midst. She tried to ignore all the other voices off in the background, especially that of the obnoxious genin they had just for finished toying with. Was this kid serious? He talked a big talk for a boy of his age. In fact, she wasn't sure if she should commend his honesty and enthusiasm, or to become even more irritated with him. 

While many in the room answered immediately, she remained still, but intent on Shin. There were many reasons she was here, the most obvious being he was the Raikage. Who in their right mind wouldn't, of they truly felt any loyalty to the village? She had heard from many that he was also an incredible public speaker. And so far, he had yet to disappoint. 

Then, of course, there was the fact keeping Shin from harm was an added 'bonus' for the three ANBU left in the room. It seemed doubtful that any trouble would find them at a time like this, but the possibility was always there. Raikage guard and security had increased substantially since the recent attacks on Port Cirrus. It was clear this was all only foreshadowing of what was sure to burden them. It was more important now then it had ever been to concentrate on the well being of their village. 

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin nodded his head in respect toward the elderly ANBU. "Shindou-sensei. It is good to see that you are well." Shin said with a humble smile. After the audience exclaimed their understanding Shin cleared his throat as he began his lecture. His shifted his hands towards his back as he gave himself a moment of pensive thought. "Today's lecture is rather simple but can be convoluted depending on your answer. There is no clear right or wrong answer there is only efficiency. Most of you have been in one of my classes before, but if you have not my teaching style is always open discussion. I will give you three scenarios and with each scenario I want you to provide me with your honest opinion. First scenario: "Your a leader in a three-man squad, excluding yourself, on a mission to retrieve an artifact for a nobleman. You determine that the artifact is actually a stolen item from one of the daiyamo’s. The daimyo is searching for this item and hires another squad from your village. Neither of the squads know each other’s mission. What do you do to make the mission successful?. You are allowed to ask me any question if the statement given to you is unclear."

Shin said as he delivered his first question.

OOC said:
I was waiting for others but I believe I have given enough time. From now on there will be a 48 hour time limit before I post. I hope that is alright. Also, posting order is not a factor.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako bit her bottom lip in thought. Rightfully, the artifact belonged to the Daimyo instead of the nobleman. However in this day and age, the highest bidder always received the prize. But she wasn’t talking about business anymore, was she? But what was the biggest currency in the world of politics? ‘Power,’ she thought. Tentatively, she raised her hand and took a deep breath to answer. Her hand played with her charm necklace as she spoke.

“If I knew that the artifact was owned by a daimyo, I would question which of the two clients would hold more benefit to Kumo. Should the nobleman have accumulated an amount of power or influence that Kamogakure needed, then I would attempt to deceive the other squad and bring the artifact to the nobleman. However this decision is based on who has more power, the daimyo or the nobleman. I would try to figure out a way to use the information I know about the artifact’s true owner to coax the nobleman to look more favorably upon Kumogakure in times of need. But should the daimyo be the one with the stronger influence and power, I would send message back to Kumogakure and seek council. I would question if it would be better to return the artifact to the daimyo instead of completing the mission.”

When Kahako was done speaking, she began playing with the sleeves of her jacket. She hoped that was an adequate answer to Raikage-sama’s question.

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((ooc: Where is everyone....? owo))

Any way you looked at it, you were going to anger someone in this situation. The way she looked at it, it would all be dependent on the Raikage or her Commanding Officer; being an ANBU or a shinobi on a mission in general meant thinking on your feet. But as ANBU, you answered solely to your village head. When it came to politics, it was best to take note and make those above you aware. She most certainly wasn't in any position to make any political decisions.

Gin spoke from the center of the room, with a slight smile to the Shin. "Raikage-dono, I believe the best course of action would be continuing onward with the mission in haste, but also making my superior officers aware of this knowledge as soon as possible. Taking into consideration the relationships among the Village, Daimyo, and Nobleman at the time, it is most important to remember consequences of angering the wrong person. The client is important, but the village's wellbeing is our top-priority. And who am I, alone, to jeopardize that for continuing with this mission blindly?"

It was a cop-out answer, perhaps. But in truth, it was exactly what she would do in that situation; afterall, she wasn't a Sennin or the Raikage.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou smiled and knodded, he was happy that Hayate Shin remembered him after so many years. Pleasantries have been made and he did not want to cut off the Raikage again. Shin went down to business and the first question was an interesting one but Shindou knew he must always contact the Raikage in this situation or someone who was in charge if the Kage was away.

I would contact you or someone else who is in charge at the time being. You would know that you have other shinobi looking for the item for the Daimyo because of the details given to you.

There is a few decisions that can be made at this point.

A) We carry out the mission and bring the item back to the Nobel man and have the second squad steal it all over again to bring it back to the Daimyo. By doing this we are successful at both missions.

B) My squad backs down and let the other squad return the item to the Daimyo which will give us one successful mission but we would avoid any confrontation from guards the Nobel man might have.

C) We tell the Daimyo the situation, arrest the Nobel man if the Daimyo wants to and return the item.

All three scenarios complete a mission and we stay in the Daimyo's favor. Shindou would follow any order given to him by his Raikage or someone in power at the time being. The other shin obi part of this class has given their input and they are just a valid and all hold the same key in which it is to contact the superiors. What will they do if they can't get into contact with the Raikage or any of their superiors? Shindou would then choose option C because of similar reasons his ally shinobi has said.

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Moro considered silence, it definitely appeared to be a lose/lose situation. However, seeing as there was no potential danger to the lives of his, or the other squad as long as they never came in contact, he replied:

"Simple. Complete the mission better and faster than the other squad. If there is a change in priorities once the artifact has been safely retrieved, fantastic. However, my job, as the leader of a squad, isn't to waste time hand-wringing, dilly-dallying over the right decision. It is to complete the mission."

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Interesting. It would seem everyone in the auditorium had a different outlook on the question and each a piece of the whole truth. The only strange inclination he got from the group was that neither of the responses were related. Usually, there two or more that keep harping on the same subject but in this case not a slew of that was apparent. Shin rubbed his chin pensively as his dark eyes peeked from tinnted his glasses showing a sense of general interest to the responses. The first person to speak was small girl with a tremulous voice spoke up giving her say.

“If I knew that the artifact was owned by a daimyo, I would question which of the two clients would hold more benefit to Kumo. Should the nobleman have accumulated an amount of power or influence that Kamogakure needed, then I would attempt to deceive the other squad and bring the artifact to the nobleman. However this decision is based on who has more power, the daimyo or the nobleman. I would try to figure out a way to use the information I know about the artifact’s true owner to coax the nobleman to look more favorably upon Kumogakure in times of need. But should the daimyo be the one with the stronger influence and power, I would send message back to Kumogakure and seek council. I would question if it would be better to return the artifact to the daimyo instead of completing the mission.”

"Power. Yes, the basis of anyone's reason to live. Your response is sound to say the least, but I am interested to know. Would you have thought to gather such information before arriving to this situation? I am sure not all of us are as loyal as we should be but conversely we not all as untrustworthy. It would take a considerable amount of time to gain the information from either the nobleman or the daiymo on your side regardless of who has power. As it true that it takes time to find power it also the same to find weakness. Would you not all agree?" Shin said folding his hands.

Another young woman with a rather enthusiastic smile gave her own rebuttal. "Fascinating. Would you still continue to pursue the original plan of your mission even if it means taking the life of your own to achieve it? Of course, I am not talking about merely sentimental reasons, you will also damper our forces." Shin asked.

The last two responses came from the calm ANBU and the elder Jounin.

"Simple. Complete the mission better and faster than the other squad. If there is a change in priorities once the artifact has been safely retrieved, fantastic. However, my job, as the leader of a squad, isn't to waste time hand-wringing, dilly-dallying over the right decision. It is to complete the mission." The younger ANBU said.

"Indeed. Keep in mind that completing a mission does not always mean doing a mission out of haste." Shin stated.

The older man's response that was nothing short of what he would have expect from his old sensei. "You made some valid points, Shindou-senpai. It would seem that you would have to fail your mission temporarily to make both missions successful. The first statement would surely be the best one; however, there are possibility of failures. Now we have to look to actual steal the artifact again."

If there are no more questions or objections about what has been said. We can move on to the next scenario. The second scenario is the following: your a leader in a three-man squad, excluding yourself, and you are aware that one of your members in your squad is in a Jinchūriki. For simple purposes lets call this person member A. You find yourself in a battle but your prerogative is to subdue the enemy, not to kill. At some point member A losses control and the probability of killing the enemy has increased. What do you do to make the mission successful?

OOC said:
I was not sure if I should mention your PC's name as we have not formerly have met in the previous universe. If we have just let me know.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako listened intently as the Raikage gave a rebuttal to her argument. That makes sense. Information gathering did take a long time, but what if you knew the information about the daimyo and nobleman before your mission? ‘Would I even know that information?’ she thought to herself. She didn’t however speak her mind, for she felt that the other responses were equally as reasonable as hers.

The second question that came to the class was a little harder to answer compared to the first. With the first, it was about getting favor with the correct client… this one however… “Is it safe to assume that we would understand how to subdue member A, Raikage-sama? Or would it be a situation that we just knew about member A and they were quickly placed in our squad?

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There is always a possibility of failure in any mission because of unexpected turn of events. Shindou did not like how one of the class member answered the question because it was to straight forward and reckless. Being a leader of a squad needs to be able to adapt to certain situations of bulldoze your way through. The second situation was a lot easier to answer then the first for Shindou. A Jinchuriki is reckless and doesn't know friend from foe allowing one to be on a team on a mission like that should have never happened.

If I knew that member A was a jinchuriki from the beginning I would have asked for his removal off the squad. Jinchuriki maybe a valuable allie but on that type of mission the room for error is quite large. If I didn't know member A was a jinchuriki until he transformed I would have instructed my team to take him take him down without taking his life. The enemy might escape from us temporarily but we can always track him down again afterwards. This situation may be handled differently depending on the target we are trying to pick up. If it is an S rank missing nin, I might allow the Jinchuriki to lose control to help us defeat the shinobi and if the target is a B or C rank missing nin I will instruct my team to disable member A and I will get the shinobi myself.

There was far to many answers for this question when Shindou originally thought. His decision on the mission was all dependent on who the target was.

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To kill one of your own, that would be a hard decision to make. Gin bit her lip, as she pondered the thought in her head. Two squads, with two different missions, for two different clients, and both were opposing each other? 'I suppose the only thing I could do would be gauge the situation. To use as little lethal force as possible and simply hinder the other squad from completing their mission would be the most favorable of options.'

Onto the next situation, she listened to both answers before her equally. The elderly man seemed to have quite a grip on the situation at hand; and she respected him for that. Maybe it really was true that wisdom came with age. He seemed to think of things in a manner she hadn't thought about. If you were to temporarily put aside the mission at hand, and handle whatever present situation you were given... things ran smoother. You can't just rush in and finish a mission as fast as possible (well unless that was one of the prior requirements).

"Given the information beforehand, it would be best to ask Member A not participate. However, as things can't always be done this simply, I could see no other way of handling the situation smartly other then what Shindou-sama has suggested."

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Moro mentally shook his head at all these "ifs, and, or but"s answers the others were giving. In the field there was no time for thought. No time for questioning what was the right or wrong decision. You had to KNOW the answer at the outset, or make split second decisions. That was the difference between life and death, not only for you, but for those under your command. Once again, the answer seemed crystal clear to the veteran operative.

"Detain the Jinchuriki if possible. Avoiding loss of life of an ally shinobi is tantamount only to the mission goal. If he can't be safely subdued without lethal force, if he makes a move to destroy the package, at that point he has gone rogue and must be dealt with accordingly. There is only wiggle room here if the package is to be delivered dead or alive but with a preference. If the package must be delivered alive then there is only one option."

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((OOC: Sorry for the second post, but I feel like with the answers at hand, Kahako can give a solid answer now. [plus I want to make sure everyone is alive o.o]))

Kahako listened to the answers spoken after her question and went under the assumption she would know how the detain Member A. The first man to answer she felt did have the best answer, but she hesitated. Again, would she have chosen to not bring Member A along in the first place? “I have to agree with Shindou-sensei in not bringing Member A along, but if I made the choice without knowing his answer, I probably wouldn’t have thought to remove Member A from my team. I would try to detain him and, later, go after the target after detaining Member A.”

She began playing with the charm around her necklace, her face falling into thought. The response from Tagiushi-sempai bothered her. “I, however, don’t think it would be a good idea to permanently remove Member A just to accomplish our mission. Every shinobi of Kumogakure is a tool needed and used to further the overall mission of Kumo, no matter what it is. It takes time, teaching, and training to create each tool and a jinchuiki sounds like a very important tool. To permanently remove Member A, just because he’s having issues would be a horrible waste of Kumo’s resources; especially if you can try the mission again at a later time.” It felt weird giving her own suggestions at her level, especially since they disagreed with a higher ranking shinobi's, but that is the reason why it was open discussion, right? So her voice could be heard as an equal thought instead of as a students compared to actual shinobi.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Decision Making [ Open Class ]

As it was before, the young girl was the first to respond. She asked an interesting question which would very well provide a proper solution to the problem. "The latter would be the appropriate concern. At least, then you would have some sensibility as to why the member would react in that manner.

Shindou approached the question with the nearly the same verbosity. He made a rather dogmatic statement in which he felt that if he knew such a person was a jinchuriki the person would not be in the team to begin with. He assumed that a mission such as this should be in the hands of a potential threat like a uncontrollable jinchuriki. Granted, Shin did not specify exactly why the target needed to be subdued or what caused the jinchuriki to loose control. Shin was hoping that at least one person from the audience would ask a question related to that concern. The young woman who held the some what austere response and agreeing with all of Shindou's statements.

"Detain the Jinchuriki if possible. Avoiding loss of life of an ally shinobi is tantamount only to the mission goal. If he can't be safely subdued without lethal force, if he makes a move to destroy the package, at that point he has gone rogue and must be dealt with accordingly. There is only wiggle room here if the package is to be delivered dead or alive but with a preference. If the package must be delivered alive then there is only one option." The young ANBU replied.

Following the man, the young girl from before followed suit. They all made interesting points to behold.

"Yes, a logically suggestion that I would firmly agree. It is unfortunate that such power come at such a price. If you don't mind I would like to go a bit off topic because an interesting point was raised. As you are Kinjutsu is prominently legal in Kumogakure no Sato solely to prevent unwarranted deaths. Personally, I do not believe in the act of achieving such power for my own. Power can easily corrupt anyone. My skills focus on improving the shinobi stature as a whole. Regardless, I would like to know your opinion on the subject. Do you feel Kknjutsu should remain legallized and what are your thoughts on it kinjutsu in general?" Shin responded.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako listened to Shin-sama’s response to her question, and in her mind she felt that Shindou’s answer would still be the best solution. It would be better to remove the problem before it became one, and this would be the least painful. Maybe member A’s pride would be hurt, but there would be a better chance of mission success if he was removed before they even left Kumo.

She continued to fiddle with her necklace as Shin asked his next question. She knew very little about Kinjutsu. The only bit she did know about was that in some countries outside of Kumo, it was considered illegal. Or was it immoral? She didn’t know which. Her lack of information and understanding lead to her silence on an answer, but her mind began filling with questions about what kinjutsu really was. “Excuse me, Raikage-sama, but why would kinjutsu be considered illegal? I don’t know much about the topic, really. Just that it is supposedly powerful.” She hoped that someone would answer her question, whether it be the Raikage or one of her fellow classmates.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou grinned because he planned on getting a kinjutsu actually. This topic is such a debate because in order to get a kinjutsu it usually involves death of others or mutilation of someone else. This is an unfortunate fact that can not be changed but Shindou didn't think making it illegal would benefit the village. Kinjutsu is usually obtained by the death or mutilations of another. You may hear rumors of Uchiha ripping out other family member's eyes to achieve great power, well it happens. Kinjutsu is such a powerful debate because gaining power by mutilation or murder should not be done; while other people think the benefits out weigh the costs. Shindou was a fan of kinjutsu even though it leads to murder or death. Luckily, Cloud's hospital actually grants user with body parts of someone who is already deceased. Getting your kinjutsu through the hospital should stay legal and owning kinjutsu should remain legal. I believe kinjutsu should remain legalized. The thirst of power would always lead someone to murder so allowing our hospital to give the necessary "parts" will decrease the need for murder and we would know who has a kinjutsu. I might be a little bias because I plan on obtaining a Hyuuga eye myself from the hospital.

Hoshiko Gin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Personally," Gin began shortly after Shindou, "I don't understand why people have such a desire to change themselves for powers sake. I am proud of my skills I possess now, and confident in them. Our natural talents can be just as potent when used in the proper way..." That being said, how could anyone dictate whether such an act was legal or illegal? Even without the use of Kinjutsu, there were ways of strengthening yourself. Such meaningless violence was not necessary. "I can see what Shindou is saying, however, why should we be hopeful of another person's unjustified misfortune for our own gain? Why should we instill this in our growing population? I find that to be in poor taste... I am against the idea of Kinjutsu being legalized."

It seemed most of the class had either slunk in their chairs, drooling upon themselves or rather they were just a quiet bunch. 'I wonder what everyone else thinks about Kinjutsu...' She couldn't help but wait for Moro to join in on the debate. 'I don't think he would do something like that... then again, he has changed considerably...

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OOC: I have a fool-proof plan for why Tomo hasn’t responded…Mumbling to himself! Therefore, if you don’t want to read random mumbling, then wait for my next post. It will be a real response, I promise!)

Without meaning to, Tomo’s mind fell back to his calculations. He began to mumble.

“Uncle promised to give me 1000 yen a week for food, which over the course of a month will get me 4000 yen. With the current harvest, the cows aren’t getting enough nutrition, so the milk prices have risen. Eggs are rising as well, but more because of the rising demand for chicken meat. Thinking about it, maybe I should just save up some money and by my own chicken. No…no...It would probably not live long if Tama found it. She likes to try and add animals to her act for flair. Maybe if I bought a turtle? Turtles don’t have much flair…and they would be too slow to Tama. How expensive are turtles anyway? It would probably eat vegetables, or maybe fruit? Hmm…bananas would probably be the best fruit for them since they are so soft. Wait…are tomatoes fruits or vegetables? Bread is soft….sometimes. Noodles might be nice. Hmm…I think I might check the price of ramen to see if it would be better to just buy food from the shops. Probably not, but I don’t want to limit my options. Okay, well now I need to figure out the clothing situation. With the way Tama causes havoc, her clothes only last an average of ten days. Now that she’s a genin she’ll be going on missions, so I can estimate the average to drop to at most seven days. Buying all new clothes will get expensive and taking them to a tailor would get pricey too. I could probably fix them. What cup size is Tama?”

Tomo’s mind paused. …What? …I don’t want to think about that. Wait…where am I? Tomo blinked a few times and looked about him. He was in an auditorium filled with people. Class had been going on around him, and from what he could gather, he had missed questions that had been asked of them. Tomo blushed lightly. He had never zoned out that badly. Luckily there were many people around to distract the Raikage, but that still didn’t make himself feel better. He had been disrespectful to the most important man in the village. Tomo put his hands in his lap and continually pinched the top of his hand to ensure that he wouldn’t make the same mistake again. He was going to be the first to respond to the next question or at least one of the first.

Tagiushi Moro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As could really only be expected, the students were completely in the dark about what Kinjutsu even were. Gin’s answer was pretty disappointing, but at least showed that polarizing schools of thought were very present on the subject. Moro could only mentally applaud the Raikage for asking such a pointed question. Pretty naive for a group of soldiers. One even admitted he was going to be obtaining a Byakugan himself. The weapons were considered so powerful and rare that even members of the same village had been known to permanently maim, or even murder their colleagues in cold blood, lusting after the physical components of their bloodline in their unquenchable thirst for power. Thankfully this was no longer the case, but Moro had a suspicion that Shin wasn't simply asking about murder.

“I view Kinjutsu as a necessary evil. An advantage that our enemies will surely abuse, and as with any weapon of mass destruction, must be obtained even if only to keep the scales from tipping. Several of these forbidden jutsu are looked down upon, even outright distrusted, and I cannot say that these views are unfounded. As we had just described is it possible for a Jinchuuriki to lose their body and mind to the beast possessing them: at that point he or she has effectively died, and left an unthinking, unfeeling mass of chaos, that will not hesitate to completely obliterate anything lying in its path with a tasteless disregard for human life…”

Moro let the reality and gravity of what they were discussing hopefully set in for the students who didn’t know any better.

“With that being said, and also a solitary example among many equally dangerous kinjutsu, I still cannot say that the risks outweigh the advantages from a military perspective.”

Moro had no idea if he would ever actually obtain a Kinjutsu. Frankly the thought of it terrified him. Unconditionally letting something into your body, mind, or spirit that could take over from the inside out, to willingly lie on a surgeon’s table to be CUT on to remove or replace body parts was unthinkable. While he wanted to think like Gin, to hope against hope that by the power of his own strength and sheer will that he could stand against all enemies of Kumogakure, when push came to shove, he had no idea what his decision would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back