Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Doctor, Doctor [Requesting Medic, ANBU & Fuu]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"The fact is--" Fuu said, stopping herself almost instantly. Why? Maybe because she no longer trusted on her words? Yes? Reaper questioned her. The fact is you no longer trust your own words. You no longer know if your plan is really uout plan, or something that was implanted in your brain. How terrible it must feel for you. Losing control over your own mind and not even be certain if said control was lost or not. he told her, almost immediately after questioning her. He had given her the false impression he was going to let her answer, but he had a different idea on his mind. "The cold heralds your presence, I already know you," the Oracle stated moments later. The Overlord's right hand reached the mouth of his mask, feigning surprising. "You would be surprised how many times information fails an Oracle in one single lifetime. And it has failed you this time. The previous owner of the scroll was Senju Kazuki. But he passed it onto me when he left Sunagakure for a little trip into the world. Regrettably, he has failed to return in a timely manner and I suspect his trip led him into Soragakure. And if so, I fear he has been taken prisoner or worst. The reason I have possession of the scroll is because he felt it should be in safe hands, and there are no safer hands than mine." he explained to her. "The cold you are, undoubtedely, feeling right now, just like me, is the product of one ANBU under my direct supervision. Iceman come forth and show yourself." the Sennin ordered.

A previously unseen ANBU entered the room as if he had been patrolling the corridor. The reality was far different. The White Wolf's ability to summon the dead required no handseals and so he had used his mastery over death and the legion of souls at his command to bring forth one creature that had the same ability to radiate coldness from its body. Iceman was as easily a ANBU codename as its given name. "Sennin...Kasha...Medical Officer...Member of the Cabal." Iceman greeted each individual followed by a slight bow. "Kasha, Sennin Tenken requested a report from you in ten minutes. Sennin Reaper your presence is being requested at the gates. Can I resume my duties Sir?" the creature announced and questioned. After a nod from the Silvery Haired Man, Iceman left the room, and immediately, the temperature raised again to normal levels. Kazuki had, somehow, managed to contain the permanent chill his body exuded, so he was giving the impression Iceman had been the sole reason the room was so cold.

"I was never commanded...I do not think. -- remember. No. i was never commanded. All I was told to do was to compile information and then to travel to the Daimyo every four weeks. He would ask me questions and I would answer them fully and honestly. I would then be told to return to Sunagakure. On occasion I would be told something in addition to my prize but never anything important. More like cues that told me how far along the Daimyo's plans were. On my last visit I saw an invitation to the Otokage's wedding being celebrated in Soons meaning it is happening soon. I do not know what he is planning but I know that it will happen there. So I sought Kazuki to reignite the Ranger Order that Inuzuka Amaratsu started but never completed because the position needed to be filled to contend with a forgotten threat. I sought Kasha to share what I knew of the Sovereign and hoped that the information would be disseminated in time... I also knew that I would be due to return soon so I picked a fight with Kasha, I knew he would not kill me...I have proven myself too great a resource."
Fuu explained them. It was interesting and enlightning to know her true purpose for finding Kazuki. She needed the Ranger Order to be revived because Ancients, the reason they had been created to begin with, were still present and were still a threat. "Indeed you are a great resource, but if used by different sides of the one struggle, then we simply have to leave you untouched. Seal or no seal, personal desire or not, it is time to make a choice. Will you side with us or with the one that has made you act against your will more times than you remember?" the Sennin questioned her. Did she even have the necessary freewill to choose?

"Sora, the Wind Country capital beneath the Palace of the Glorious Immortal, home of the Diamyo and his family. Nao and the Daimyo are always there, in the spaces above. I can sometimes hear them when I deliver my messages. There was one an underground Ranger quarters beneath the home, it serves as the Academy. The Ancients are sealed inside weapons, some are left out to be hurt... It is guarded by a single Sovereign most of the time, the entrance is hidden in the wall of his office behind a bookshelf. A pen?" the Ashen Haired Woman detailed. "I have a bad feeling" she noted after visibly struggling to give them the map she had just drawn. "There is no turning back now." Kazuki declared.

[MFT - 890]​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMBans8jyM][b][u]Senju Kazuki[/u][/b][/url]]"]
fnhhf8.png

Senju Kazuki - Occult ANBU Sennin
sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 7: One-Eyed Willy's Treasure Map'| Fuu the Oracle Arc said:
[col]She would make a comment about enjoying him, and in all honesty he had enjoyed his time with Fuu. Unfortunately, there was no guarantee that his exploits in Soon's for the upcoming situation would allow himself to return safely back to Suna. If that happened to be the case, he would never see this female again. Deep down, that brought some sadness to his heart.

She would explain the holding of the Ancients and would ask for a pen. She really didn't have anything to write with, so he would find a loose pad he had on him from when he would patrol the gates along with his pen and hand it to her. She would talk and draw and soon he would have a map of the layout leading to where the Ancients were potentially locked. His eyes would narrow on the image as he would use his ANBU ability, Snapshot, to take a mental image of the map, but the picture in his memory would be more than just the map. It would be a small recording of the brief moment Fuu took to draw the map and hand it to him. Call him sentimental, but if all hell did break loose he wanted to revisit the woman that sent him on his trip to hell. Not out of spite or hate, but because she wasn't all that bad. Maybe he was sentimental.

Another would appear, it seemed Kazuki's identity had been saved a bit as this person was exhibiting a large cold aura as well. Did he care if the woman knew his identity? Would she be fooled by a such a trick? It really didn't seem to matter in the long run. Either way, it seemed a window was opened for him to exit this scene, while also providing a window to show that Tenken and Kasha were not the same. That was a small convenience he wasn't sure if it was planned, or if this person just happened to be dumb luck for him. Letting out a sigh he would raise up and turn his attention to Reaper. The Sennin would say there would be no turning back now, and he was absolutely right.

"Are you able to restrain this one? If not, I can take her and lock her up."

His mask would turn back to her, still upon the ground.

"Fuu, I want you to know this; my actions are not influenced by you. Whether I choose to run off to Sora and cause a rucus, whether I choose to sit here and wait for the eventual end... you did not make these decision for me. I am strong and capable enough I don't need to listen to the rambling of a criminal."

This was his way of saying that she should not have a guilty conscious for whatever it was he was going to do. If he died, the last thing he wanted was her questioning if she sent him to the slaughter as part of a greater scheme of the Daimyo. The real irony, was that if she wasn't questioning herself, he doubted she would care if he died or not in his adventure and would just find a new person. But because she was now starting to question her thoughts and actions, he wanted to provide her a little relief.

"I would have loved to have you as my plus one for this upcoming party, but I get that it would make things awkward. Don't die on me, little birdy. This cat would be awfully bored if I came back and you weren't around to hunt..."

With that he would wait momentarily to see if he was needed to help in restraining Fuu, and if not he would make his exit from the booth and ultimately the Prison.

[Topic Left Unless Stopped or Needed]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
MFT 638
|
[legend="[glow=red][b][size=5]Kasha[/size][/b][/glow]"]
Kasha3_zpsfbtw1n8i.gif

Name: "Kasha"
Epithet: Demon of the ANBU
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
Boomsticks
Alright you primitive screwheads, these are my boomsticks! [Roku's fists/arms]

Effect:
1. Chain Link
2. Crippler
3. Chakra Drain

Damage Type:
Unarmed - Suppression

Accuracy/Damage modifier:
-2 Accuracy, +10% Base Damage
Weapon Equipped
WiPMood MusicHachimon and Reckless links
https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=5506
https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=5543
MISC
X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
rB6JRiS.jpg

Fuu
The Oracle

Free will was just an illusion.

"Indeed you are a great resource, but if used by different sides of the one struggle, then we simply have to leave you untouched. Seal or no seal, personal desire or not, it is time to make a choice. Will you side with us or with the one that has made you act against your will more times than you remember?"

"Actions speak louder than words," she made her choice a long time ago, or so she believed. She sought out 'heroes' and she manipulated their path much like the Daimyo manipulated hers. The question was truly: who was the better puppeteer? Was she only the second smartest person in this whole mess? She was not used to being second best; first loser. She did not know who or what she was, if she represented order or disorder. This alien sense of failure seemed to permeate her being. She was never supposed to take a side but she did, out of non-compliance to her Order and to her captor. She never escaped. "I was intended to be a neutral witness, a scribe to record these final days. I should never have tried to fight," she exhaled, her head lowered. Was this regret? Her lips felt numb, she wanted to bite her lower lip and her breath hastened. "I pick Wind Country, not the Daimyo... and not Sunagakure," she concluded after a moment of thought. She could have easily lied and said 'Sunagakure', it would have been to her benefit perhaps to do so. She could have bolstered their egos and made a safe statement but she did not, she was not going to. "Neither Sunagakure nor the Daimyo deserve to win, under the Daimyo the people will suffer as he extends his reach even further and under Sunagakure the people will remain ignored as they had for decades." They were both guilty of crimes that only she seemed willing to say.

Still her actions seemed to support Sunagakure as she drew them a map, giving Kasha the detail he requested. She did not want them to lose, if one had to be the victor she hoped it would be them. Still something inside her screamed at her to leave it be. To obstinately refuse to say a word or share any information. If she had, what would have been different. The storm information that Kaito was fed would never have been transmitted. She never would have caught the eye of Kasha. She wondered if they would have identified the Daimyo as the root cause on their own. She shown them that a war was on the horizon and gave them the opportunity to prepare and to strike back or even first. Still, she felt that although she could not quantify it that something was wrong, that did not feel right and she said as much to Kasha as she relinquished the map with a confused and worried expression.

She was not going to see either of them again was she?

"There is no turning back now."

Reaper declared. That was true, her lot had been cast and it was unwise. Logic and intuition screamed at her for her many... many errors. She unconsciously shook her head 'no' but she did not know why. "We are malleable..." She soothed herself, it was something she had heard so many times as a child and it seemed to calm her still like a tattered blanket or a pacifier. It was not her fault, she was made into this. It was not a concern, whatever dreads she had because she would adapt. The world was chaotic and outside of her control but she could change herself and take control over a small portion if she had the will and the adaptability. She mouthed the words to herself a second time. She was sending that dam fool to his grave.

"Are you able to restrain this one? If not, I can take her and lock her up."

Kasha asked, she was almost surprised she had her freedom still. There was a part of her that did not care for the understandable and logical statement, nobody liked to be restrained. "I will be compliant," she lied. She did not mean to lie but she did. The clock was about to start counting down and soon enough she was going to lose all reason as she had so many times before when her path to enlightenment and edification was blocked. She was unarmed, most of what she had on her was destroyed in the fires that marred her flesh only to be renewed by the Medic's proficient use of healing ninjutsu but she was almost back to full strength and she had the potential to be a potent opponent when she made a true effort.

"Fuu, I want you to know this; my actions are not influenced by you. Whether I choose to run off to Sora and cause a rucus, whether I choose to sit here and wait for the eventual end... you did not make these decision for me. I am strong and capable enough I don't need to listen to the rambling of a criminal."

And yet here he was making conversation with a rambling criminal. Her face went from a frown to a neutral expression.

"I would have loved to have you as my plus one for this upcoming party, but I get that it would make things awkward. Don't die on me, little birdy. This cat would be awfully bored if I came back and you weren't around to hunt..."

She would stand stoically and wait for him to leave.

OC: Until I know the 'Reaper's' actions or if Roku leaves I cannot define what she does next.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"Actions speak louder than words. I was intended to be a neutral witness, a scribe to record these final days. I should never have tried to fight. I pick Wind Country, not the Daimyo... and not Sunagakure. Neither Sunagakure nor the Daimyo deserve to win, under the Daimyo the people will suffer as he extends his reach even further and under Sunagakure the people will remain ignored as they had for decades." Fuu declared once Kazuki forced her to take a side. "A good and honest answer. I expected nothing else from you. But not necessarily the best answer." Reaper noted. "People change. Governments change. But you have to give them time. Your way is not the only way. And your way may very well mean the end of the world as we know it." Was this him being overly dramatic? Not really. Regardless of who won the war, nothing would remain the same in the Wind Country. "We are malleable..." she said to the Overlord once he had declared they had reached a no turning back point. He shook his head. She was naive. "Not enough." the Silvery Haired Man declared. And it was certain she would learn her lesson the hard way. Life was not fair and she would be forced to grasp it.

"Are you able to restrain this one? If not, I can take her and lock her up." Kasha questioned the ANBU Sennin of the Occult. "I will be compliant" the Oracle stated before the White Wolf could say anything. He had turned his head toward his Co-Sennin, but the neck quickly shifted to gaze the Ashen Haired Woman once she spoke. "Leave, I will deal with the compliant one." Reaper noted with a certain degree of malice in his voice. The Silvery Haired Man would not move or say anything else until Roku left the room. Then, and only then, he would approach the door, only to shut it. "No one is to enter regardless of what you may hear from now on. If she leaves this room without me, your orders it to kill on sight." he barked his orders and turned around to face the Oracle once more. Now, what was he going to do? A black, liquid like, substance would start to drop from the tips of Kazuki's fingers. It would easily be mistaken for blood, at least initially. A pool of this substance would be formed at Reaper's feet and would continuously spread throughout the entire room. It was then that it would be easy to ascertain the White Wolf was not bleeding. No human would have such amount of blood in his body. The blackness taken physical form kept spreading and were now raising the walls and effectively threatening to engulf them. As it reached the ceiling and began to move to fully enclose them, a maniacal laughter would escape from the Overlord's lips. A chuckle that would grow in intensity as the dome closed on them. A cupola made of Kazuki's own inner shadows.

OC
Shadow Dimension - Shadow Void Jutsu - Mastered
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z27Vp9o_o0A][b][u]Power of Darkness[/u][/b][/url]]"]
fnhhf8.png

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The descendant known as Byakko would listen at the initially comments from the feline-masked ANBU before being told that he might want to tune out and forget everything after he left. In all honesty, his job here was done as long as nobody decided to lay their fingers on the female and try to harm her. As it would turn out, nobody was going to lay a finger on her and the feline-like ANBU was departing the area after a long discussion between him, the other ANBU and the female. Throughout this whole conversation, Kyuji's eyes had shut and he had zoned out completely ignoring everything until he heard the footsteps of this Kasha fellow leaving.

It appeared this fun encounter was over and Kyuji would look at the woman and ANBU still in the room. Tension was filling the air however as the remaining ANBU was barking orders at the woman. At this point, it seemed best for everyone if Kyuji left the room and left them alone to do as they wanted. He begin walking towards the door asking the ANBU to let him out and informing him that he had stopped listening after the other ANBU told him that it was best to tone out. If he was left go, he would walk out of the room and go about his day doing Medic-Byakko things. If he was stopped, he was just stopped.

[OOC: Topic Left Unless Stopped. If I am stopped, please contact me so I know. Sorry for the lack of posting.]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
rB6JRiS.jpg

Fuu
The Oracle

"Leave, I will deal with the compliant one."

Fuu would plant her hands on her hips and start to meander around the room. She would look inquiringly at the baubles and artifacts in the office. She would not interact, she would not stop Kasha's departure. She would watch everything, the Reaper's relative stance and distance from the door and Kasha's cat-like gait. How many feet was it between herself and the door. What was within arm's reach, a damaged chair, ashes, basic office supplies. She watched as the Reaper shut the door.

"No one is to enter regardless of what you may hear from now on. If she leaves this room without me, your orders it to kill on sight."</B><i></i>

The bellowed order would likely be followed, the edges of her lips twitched downward. She did not want anyone to suffer a loss of life. <B>"You are aware that lethal force will only make me a less sympathetic oppugnant." She warned, the words were matter-of-fact and not based in threat but if her assumptions were wrong and this man was not the man she assumed him to be then perhaps he could take her statement the wrong way. Soon enough she would lose her will to stay, this being her obvious preference because she goaded Kasha into combat. "A few men... even trained ones will not hinder my travels," she continued. "Don't you have something that will keep me unconscious... bind the chakra channels... something," oddly enough that tone would be pleading. As if she was trying to remain locked up, a strange choice for the self-declared villain.

Sluggish drops of inky fluid would drip off the Reaper's fingertips. Slovenly it would spread until it encompassed the entire room, the walls and even the ceiling above them leaving them both in a pit of gloom. She would cross her arms over her chest as she looked skyward as demoniac laughter erupted from the Sennin. While unsettling she still let out a sigh, "will it be enough?" Her voice seemed discouraged strangely as her golden eyes spied the man manipulating it all. He was his own weakness in this because he was there and therefore a viable target because of his mere presence. Take down the man, destroy the prison she reasoned.

She waited a few moments, tapped her foot even before she looked at the Sennin. "Ready to meet the Daimyo?"

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"You are aware that lethal force will only make me a less sympathetic oppugnant. A few men... even trained ones will not hinder my travels. Don't you have something that will keep me unconscious... bind the chakra channels... something"Fuu warned him after hearing Kazuki's authorization for the usage of lethal force if she were to exit the cell alone. He did not fail to notice the pleading tone she had used, but ultimately, payed her no attention was he was already busy covering the cell with his pitch black darkness and laughing maniacally. He certainly had no reason to laugh, in fact, he was not a man of laughter, but sometimes theatrics were everything. "will it be enough?" the Oracle wondered out loud. The Overlord had stopped cackling by now and was simply staring the Ashen Haired Lady in silence. "Ready to meet the Daimyo?" she questioned him as she tapped her foot, with seemingly impatience. The White Wolf chuckled. She had some nerve, but he was willing to see how far she would really go. Am I supposed to be impressed by your confidence? Are you not deep within Sand's prison? Surrounded by capable ANBU and Jounin operatives? Are you really so confident you can evade, or defeat, dozens of men and meet the Daimyo?" the Silvery Haired Man questioned her. He guessed, and he was probably right, that Fuu was going to answer with yes to all questions, particularly to the last one. Maybe she had a brilliant plan and he was quite eager to learn it, but perhaps he had shatter some dreams and point the obvious flaws first.

"You were unconscious when Kasha dragged your frame into the prison. And there is a reason why he chose this specific cell out of many others. There is no way to open the door from inside. So you will have to blast it open. Second, and more importantly, every square inch of this division is covered in a deep, intertwined web of seals that prevents you from using your chakra at all. Please tell if this is enough?" he inquired her again. Yes, he was also affected by the seals, but Reaper had a secondary energy source, one unique fountain that could not be shared. Like the other Ancients, he sought souls, but unlike them, he did not consume them. The ANBU Sennin captured them and used them for various means. Replacement of chakra was just one of them. A very convenient feature. "As for meeting the Daimyo, I think it is high time I met with my counterpart in the Wind Country. So please enlighten me how we are going to meet with the Daimyo? Unless you were talking about me." he questioned her a third time. Yes, he was effectively posing as the Fire Daimyo, and Fuu had no way to verify if he was lying or not. She knew he was a foreigner, but apart from that, she certainly had no clues to his true origin or if he had been posing as the Senju Overlord from the beginning.

[MFT - 514]​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z27Vp9o_o0A][b][u]Power of Darkness[/u][/b][/url]]"]
fnhhf8.png

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
rB6JRiS.jpg

Fuu</COLOR><COLOR color="green">
The Oracle

"Am I supposed to be impressed by your confidence? Are you not deep within Sand's prison? Surrounded by capable ANBU and Jounin operatives? Are you really so confident you can evade, or defeat, dozens of men and meet the Daimyo?"

"Yes," she answered as the Reaper had expected as she walked stiffly over to the desk. "But that includes defeating you dear Reaper," she added matter of factly. She was not making a threat, at least not intentionally.

"You were unconscious when Kasha dragged your frame into the prison. And there is a reason why he chose this specific cell out of many others. There is no way to open the door from inside. So you will have to blast it open. Second, and more importantly, every square inch of this division is covered in a deep, intertwined web of seals that prevents you from using your chakra at all. Please tell if this is enough?"

She shook her head side to side as to indicate her answer being 'no.' "You do not understand your history or why this prison can hold one so OR but why you... or someone skilled as a scribe cannot replicate these seals. There might be seals here in and on these walls and embedded in these floors, but they do not bind ones chakra nor do they do anything beyond decorate these halls. You are being eaten alive in here by what remains of the Wild Hunt and its voracious appetite that hungers still." She explained to him a piece of heritage long forgotten. Indeed, the Obsidian Palace was the oldest structure in Sunagakure and it predated the structures erected by man in this region. What happened here occurred long ago. This tower-like prison beckoned one to madness and siphoned life energy from those housed here, this structure was a grave marker turned prison by this world's present inhabitants. "The Medic had no difficulties utilizing their chakra, nor did Kasha, and neither do you," she reminded Reaper although she was unaware that he had a reason to be minimally afflicted. She also did not know the depth of his appetites and the vast number of souls he had already consumed. Yet there was a reason she told him all of this all the same, she wanted to make sure that Reaper was fully aware that he had a capable combatant standing in front of him.

She looked restlessly about the room, if there was a clock that marked the passage of time her eyes would linger on it. She was running out of time before her will would be lost again. She rummaged through the desk and its contents. She snatched a pen from one of the drawers, it was pink with smiling kittens drawn along the face. Yes, it was a Hello Kitty pen, likely it belonged to one of the daughters of one of the ANBUs. She sighed, this was going to hurt she thought to herself. She was almost back to her full strength, she had a few options left besides taking a half dozen lives in he processing of making her return to the Palace of the Glorious Immortal. The room was covered in darkness and shade and she let out a sigh, she was not any good at dying or nearly doing so. Her grasp tightened about the pen, in the intercostals as long as she would land on the afflicted side. Maybe. Femoral artery: perhaps if it was not for gravity preventing it from coagulating quickly enough. The carotid: at the risk of stroke or brain damage. Of all of these only one carried the lowest inherent risk but guaranteed a loss of capacity on her part -- a pneumothorax it is she determined.

She walked away from the desk, the implement still in hand. She would take care of this herself. She doubted her own prediction, in fact she doubted everything.

"As for meeting the Daimyo, I think it is high time I met with my counterpart in the Wind Country. So please enlighten me how we are going to meet with the Daimyo? Unless you were talking about me."

Reaper interrupted her thoughts. He was a man who had a hard time maintaining an identity much like another man. She did not believe him, that Reaper the Sennin was also the Fire Daimyo, she did read the papers and was deserving of some credit but this was not the time or the place to debate the name or the identity he wished to don as a faceless man. "I usually walk in through the front door of the Palace of the Glorious Immortal, if you want to see the man behind it all... look like me, transform into something inert if you would rather play the role of a Trojan horse. But... I doubt" she looked at the misty shadows made corporeal that walled her in. She was left to doubt everything that she knew. "Removing myself from the equation seems to be a wiser choice," she concluded. He was not suggesting he do something, she would take care of it herself. She knew... no she thought... well it was a possibility that he would not let her die.

She tightened her grip about the pen and reminded herself. The fifth intercostal space, a pneumothorax would collapse one of her two lungs. She would not die but she would likely require weeks of hospitalization. By then she would miss her deadline and whatever she was intended to show him would be lost. She attempted to jab the pen into her thoracic cavity with all her might but the tip of the pen ceased a half an inch into her flesh. Her hand would not move further, leaving her in pain but not peril. Dammit. Her mind was starting to unravel and panic was setting in, it was going to happen again and she was not going to be able to prevent it. She was not capable of allowing herself to miss the deadline.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"You do not understand your history or why this prison can hold one so OR but why you... or someone skilled as a scribe cannot replicate these seals. There might be seals here in and on these walls and embedded in these floors, but they do not bind ones chakra nor do they do anything beyond decorate these halls. You are being eaten alive in here by what remains of the Wild Hunt and its voracious appetite that hungers still. The Medic had no difficulties utilizing their chakra, nor did Kasha, and neither do you," Fuu explained. "That is interesting." Kazuki thought. He had no idea the remains of the Wild Hunt had been incarcerated in what now functioned as Sand's glorified prison facilities. Nevertheless, it did not mean new safety measures were not placed in the prison, such as chakra preventing seals. "I did not know that, thank you. However are you so certain the prison was not modified? That although the structure was not built by Sunagakurians, that we did not make any changes to it? That I, or Tenken, did not make any fundamental changes to this place? Furthermore, if this room has the seals I described to you, what makes you think we do not have the ability to turn them off and on? Maybe that was not possible when you started your career was a wanderer, but it certainly is right now." he told her. Was he bluffing? Was he 100% correct? There was no way to tell. Kazuki was a recent inhabitant of Sunagakure and an even more recent Sennin. He had done nothing to the Obsidian Palace and he was not aware of any changes. Fuu was an Oracle, but even she did not know everything.

The Ashen Haired Woman had a pen on her hand. She was gripping such object for a while now. She was clearly formulating a plan,but what was her objective? Escape was the top pick, but what good a pen could be to help her in such venue? "Removing myself from the equation seems to be a wiser choice," she would mutter. Although in the complete silence of the room, it had been audible enough for Reaper to hear. And that was it. She sought incapacitate herself and prevent her impending escape and report to the Daimyo. A clever move, although alone she would surely fail. The White Wolf's guess had been correct as she tried to perforate her own lungs but failed to do so in the last moment. It seemed she needed a push and the Silvery Haired Man would provide her so. Kazuki would extend his shadows toward the last Oracle. A single tendril would go further and take the shape of a hand. Said hand would then attempt to grip Fuu's hand that held the pen and forcibly complete what she was trying to do.

OC
Using Nara's Shadow Possession and Nara's Shadow Neck Bind to help her incapacitate herself.​
fnhhf8.png

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
rB6JRiS.jpg

The Oracle

"I did not know that, thank you. However are you so certain the prison was not modified? That although the structure was not built by Sunagakurians, that we did not make any changes to it? That I, or Tenken, did not make any fundamental changes to this place? Furthermore, if this room has the seals I described to you, what makes you think we do not have the ability to turn them off and on? Maybe that was not possible when you started your career was a wanderer, but it certainly is right now."

"Doubt," she echoed, her attentions much like her ambitions lost in uncertainty. For one as self-assured as she this was a novel moment that would have otherwise been savored as a curiosity if it was not for the the great weight she was already burdened with. The Reaper was wrong, Fuu was absolutely correct about the prison and she was even able to quantify why and how she was correct to counter his arrogant bluff. The Medic was able to counter these 'magical' seals unless Medics are also given a way of overriding these seals as well. Yet still, doubt prevailed and who knew for certain if the improbable was indeed not impossible in terms of this prison. There was an easy way to test the theory, summon her own chakra but the question would then be: what would she do with the certainty that she could practice ninjutsu?

She jammed the pen into her side, but it failed to pierce her plural wall. It was not for lack of intent, something external to her ambition was preventing her from completing this self-mutilating act. It hurt all the same, the pen that broke her flesh and embedded into her intercostals. Her arm tensed at this point of contention but refused to allow the pen to delve deeper. Without warning something grabbed her hand and forcibly plunged that delightful Hello Kitty pen into her lung. It hurt as it broke into her lung and her left side ached as her lung collapsed. Her hand still gripped the pen as she stumbled forward and her breath hastened. There was one lung doing the work of two as the other would fill with blood. The pen would fall out and air would wheeze from the puncture wound. Her hand touched the bleeding wound as she fell over.

Her breaths would be shallow and rapid as her complexion would turn grey and misted in sweat. She would not be able to say anything beyond the gasping noises she made as she toppled over. She hoped that she would not die, this would be the second time that she nearly did on this day. If she died, it could be accredited to her efforts perhaps. She did not want to die, however... a cool hand would walk across the dirty prison floor in search of the pen once again. There was one way to get there still.
Almost KO'd

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Fuu's impending incapacitation and mutilation began on her own accord. But predictably, she needed external help to complete the deed. The brain has a system implemented that is always activated to prevent harm to him and the rest of the body. A self-preservation system as it were. Fear is one its methods. In the Oracle's case, it was not fear that stayed her hand from finishing what she had started. No, it was due to the brain's rapid message that such motion had to stop immediately to prevent a critical failure of her body. Predictably, it had worked like a charm. However, there was a push that would further move the pen toward the inside of the Ashen Haired Woman's boy, that the brain could not anticipate. Kazuki was there and his goal was, surprisingly, or maybe not, in accord with Fuu's. She did not want to go to the Wind Daimyo to tell the man everything she had learned in the last few weeks. And that mirrored the Overlord's desire. And so, after ensnaring the last Oracle in his shadows, a feat made easy by the abundance of darkness, the White Wolf created shadowy hand that embraced Fuu's arm and allowed her to complete that self mutilation act she had started. Blood would gush out, racing to exit her body as if it had been threatened to do so. The Oracle began to gasp for air and she stumbled, eventually falling over. The pen was tossed away on such motion, and her hand compressed the wound, she had created, in a futile attempt to undo the damage caused by such a singular weapon.

The Ashen Haired Woman was a peculiar case. This would mark the second occasion she found herself in the verge of death, on a single day. If not taken care, she would certainly die. The White Wolf was there to prevent her escape and timely reunion with their declared enemy, but he was not aiming for death for a potential resource for Sunagakure's war efforts. Before he moved in to aid her though, he watched as she struggled to find the weapon that had cause such catastrophic failure of one of her lungs. That tiny hello kitty pen. A second shadowy hand would reach, from inside the Silvery Haired Man's shadow, and grab the pen before Fuu could. The marker would be seemingly absorbed by Reaper's body as the dark tendril receded back into its origin point. Then, and only then, would the, ANBU Sennin for the occult, move forward. But such motion was deliberately slow. A third shadowy fist would shoot from his body, and after assuming a more physical stance in the world, it would try to mightily punch the Oracle's jaw to knock her out.

Then, assuming the Cabal member had been rendered comatose, Kazuki would finalize his pondered approach by kneeling near Fuu. His hands would glow green once, as the Overlord again started giving her basic medical care. His only focus was to stop the bleeding and ensure she would not die. He was not interested, and would stop any treatment immediately, in awaking the Oracle.

OC
Using Coagulation mastered until the bleeding stops.
Using Mystical Hand mastered to prevent possible death, but stopping before she can regain consciousness.​
fnhhf8.png

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
rB6JRiS.jpg

The Oracle

There was one way out and that was death. She reached out for the cotton candy colored writing implement to finish the task the first piercing injury failed to do. It was a natural thing to want to live: biologically the body would try to seal the wound and divert it precious resources to the parts of the body that were still intact. Death was only imminent if she was exceedingly unlucky at this point but she would never make the journey in this condition, she would only make it there dead and the compulsory seal made it impossible for her to deny the ends she needed to achieve regardless of the painful cost. A strike to the other lung would finish her off with certainty. She reached for the pen with a cold hand but it was snatched away, just out of her reach and her fingers only brushed against air. She planted her free hand against the floor and grimaced as she attempted to stand only to have a tendril of shadow lash out and strike her down. she would topple backwards, her head would crash into the cold stone floor and blood would mat her hair and pool onto the floor.
Fuu is KO

Fuu would lay on the floor, her body cold, her breaths rapid and shallow and her pulse thready. She was not dead but she was not far from the cool grip of death, a state that the reaper perhaps knew well. She was again at the cusp of death but she would again not ride the River Styx. A verdant hand that did indeed glow would heal her somewhat, leaving her still in this dire and precarious state. She there she lay, unconscious again on this same cell floor.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Fuu's condition was not healthy, but it wasn't critical either. She was unconscious, but on the verge of dying anymore. Kazuki's ability to medically treat another human being was basic, at its best, but even basic treatment could do wonders. And in the Oracle's case, it did. The Overlord kept his treatment until he was certain death had been staved once more. Only then he would stop spending his chakra and would get up. He felt a bit tired,as even he, a guy with outstanding chakra control, had troubles spending so much chakra for extensive periods of time. Even if if he had a secondary energy source to rely on. Nevertheless, he was apparently free from his healing duties. Slowly approaching the single exit, or entrance, to the Oracle's prison cell, Reaper would spoke. "Open the door. She is unconscious again." Once the door was reopened, the ANBU Sennin for the Occult would exit the cell and motion for one of the guards to come closer. "Go inside the cell and stay with her. If her condition worsens, alert me immediately, regardless of what time it is. If she regains consciousnesses, alert me immediately. She is not to get out of that cell without me or Tenken. Seal the door once you enter and do not request it to be opened unless you hear my voice or Tenken's." the White Wolf ordered. The ANBU operative silently nodded and entered the Ashen Haired Woman's cell.

The Silvery Haired Man personally sealed the door, stealthily scribing a seal as he did so. The seals only property was quite simple. If the door was opened, he would be alerted to fact, and so he would know Fuu had escaped.

[Topic Left]​
fnhhf8.png

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was some time before the stillness of Fuu's cell was disturbed by anything else aside from the two ANBU Sennin or their minion that they had left in attendance of her. Dutifully watching over the unconscious prisoner, he would suddenly find himself overwhelmed by a sense of tiredness and exhaustion as if he hadn't slept for many moons. It was admirable how long he managed to stay awake despite his circumstances but eventually the agent of Kazuki yawned and collapsed against the wall sound asleep. Content that his curse had taken hold, the dark form of Mikaboshi stepped away from the far wall of the cell and revealed itself at last. It was impossible to say how long he'd been there in the room with the agent and the unconscious Fuu or how he'd gotten into the room without having used the door but it had been well known before Mikaboshi had turned against the state that the Obsidian Palace was his territory and partner. The predatory darkness of the Obsidian Palace seemed nothing short of a match made in Heaven for the deadly predilections of then-director of the ANBU and Warden of the Palace. The physical presence of Mikaboshi had moved around the Palace like a ghost, appearing suddenly in the company of others and disappearing just as quickly and it was often said that he walked the shadows as easily as a mortal man might walk the physical hallways. Such it was that the door -- and thus the seal that Kazuki had placed upon it -- remained very much closed and in tact while the great black wolf that was Mikaboshi circled his latest prey.

"Hello, little lamb." Crooned Mikaboshi as he loomed over Fuu's unconscious form.

Information he'd gathered said that the Daimyo and his Sovereign Academy wielded ancient powers to their benefit, bending those immortal powers to the will of children and megalomaniacs for the advancement of the Daimyo's power base. If there was truth to those rumors, Mikaboshi would have it. He had made a truce with Sunagakure to achieve the time he needed to put aside the troubling presence that had appeared in his mind which claimed to be the reconstituted soul of Masashi Katsuo despite that being solidly impossible but the truce had led to the revelation regarding the nature of the Daimyo's power base which explained a great deal about how the Cabal had planned to neutralize him. Raising his hand, Mikaboshi brought forth a similar curse that he'd inflicted upon Sousuke to show him the past... but this one was simply to bring Fuu to a mutually agreeable mental landscape where he could talk with her at length without being disturbed. Time would pass normally between them in the dreamscape but would only be but a moment or two in waking world. Such was the power of Mikaboshi's spellcraft.

"Let us have a chat, you and I." And with that he laid his crooked claws upon Fuu's forehead, wrapped about her skull as if he were looking to crush it betwixt his fingers.

[Pulling Fuu into Mental Kombat. Giving her an opportunity to resist, if she wishes, despite being KO'd.]
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://youtu.be/L9SIS6wBxpI?t=27]SCENE BGM[/url]]"]
mikaboshipost.png

Mikaboshi - Ancient Rogue
roguenin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
rB6JRiS.jpg

The Oracle

This indeterminate period of time between the ANBU Sennin's departure and the former Warden's arrival would be uneventful. Stable but unmoving, the woman laid on the very spot she fell. The ground cool despite her presence, the blood dried leaving a dark patch of grime. The cloaked guard dutifully stood watch although his ability to determine her state of medical stability was questionable he could at the very least know if she was dead and that she was not. The seals about her damaged form would feel hot to the touch despite the encroaching chill of one Deep Court Lord Mikaboshi. The shadows would seem livelier now in how they yawned and writhed about. She would not notice, she could not in the dark pit that her consciousness had been plunged into. She was not the dreaming kind, in her personal abyss would be nothing but pitch.

She would not feel his talons cradle her head, over the bruises and the burns, the dirt from the floor that stuck against her sweat or in her tangled knots of hair. She would not be able to resist even if she wanted to in this deplorable state. She would be taken someplace, but where? That was a question only Mikaboshi could answer.
Not much to say: Mental Kombat is acceptable.​

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Unlike the mental landscape that he would in the future draw the Sovereign graduate Avaron into, this landscape was much less astral in nature. The mental construct was a monolithic hall of stone which stretched for miles in every direction and with gargantuan columns of carved stone which stretched up and up into an overhanging shroud of impenetrable gloom which made it impossible to discern the true physical ceiling of the huge area. There was a a faint, ghostly light here which made it possible to see just barely in the immediacy of Fuu's person but no further than a few steps at best but above all else the hall was cold. Even though there was no wind here in what seemed like an underground cavern, the air of the hall was frigid as the grave causing Fuu's breath to appear physically a fluffy streams of condensation that drifted past her lips in puffs as she drew breath into her body.

"I don't believe we've been properly introduced. By now you have surmised who I am, I am sure."

Materializing out of the shadows, Mikaboshi's masked form stepped forward from behind Fuu and circled around to her left with his hands clasped behind his back. He was not here to fight her and ideally was not looking to inflict pain upon her unless he was required to do so. He wanted her lucid and paying attention, not writhing on the floor in agony. He had to admit that there was some appeal in that idea, knowing that Fuu was of the Cabal and that they had facilitated his temporary re-imprisonment during their occupation of the city, but for now he wanted the information he was after much more than he wanted to see Fuu suffer. Once he got what he wanted... well. Then there might be a little time to play with her. It depended on how quickly she gave him what he wanted and how bad of a mood she forced him into as a result of noncompliance.

"But I am afraid that I do not know you. I only know that you are in the grasp of my bungling successors and that you are a very important prisoner to them."

There were no drifts of condensation appearing from between the inanimate lips of Mikaboshi's mask but that was because here in this world he was no longer trapped in the body of a mortal man. Here he was free to be everything that he had once been and it was for that reason he had chosen to have their discussion in this manner. He could easily have roused her to consciousness in the cell but not only would that have taken too much time but it would have given up too much control on his part. In this world he held all the cards and that only plays that existed for Fuu were to acquiesce to Mikaboshi's interrogation or suffer his wrath as a result of her disobedience.

Either way, he supposed, would be fine enough.

"What is your name?"
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://youtu.be/L9SIS6wBxpI?t=27]SCENE BGM[/url]]"]
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
rB6JRiS.jpg

The Oracle

She would find herself standing in the middle of a dark and dreary space with vaulted ceilings that seemed to disappear in the distance. She was not able to see much, less the space immediately before her in this apparently empty hall. Like in a dream, she had no idea how she came to his place and her mind seemed to overlook this fact or try to confabulate a likeliest scenario. Realizing that one was in a dream was common for the Oracle whose mind refused to rest. There was a reason she rarely dreamed -- her mind would often reject the reality placed before it in short order and she would be catapulted back into a dark, starless night. Still this was not like her brief dreams, she never felt what she saw but she felt this ominous space. There was an icy chill that seemed to permeate this place, her breath came out as steamy clouds and she crossed her arms over herself in search of warmth. Her bare arms were like goose-flesh and frigid to the touch. She looked down and was barely able to see her own shape in the gloom but she donned still the same burnt and tattered garments she was carried into the Obsidian wearing. Her hands traveled down the sides her ribs, tracing an unseen path as she located with an intellectual's curiosity the broken hole in her shirt with the stiff likely bloodied material that surrounded and a wound that had been sealed closed.

She remembered just then, how she nearly died twice. How she had goaded Kasha into a fight, knowing or rather hoping that probability was on her side as he nearly beat her to death. She knew he would not land the killing blow, he was not that sort of man although his wrath seemed to grow as of late and she found this change concerning an with it came the risk of his passionate rage. She was revived only to be burned alive in the same narrow alleyway. She would be recovered a third time in the Obsidian, but they were too hasty in their care. The Daimyo's summons was imminent and she would be compelled to share once again all that she had learned and she did not want to go back there, not again and not for what she felt would be the last time. She was not the one pulling the strings here in Sunagakure, the Daimyo had planned out even her betrayal and she realized her place on this chessboard too late.

She took a step forward before she called out into the vast open space, "HELLO?" Her voice would seem small and with no walls within a reasonable distance she would not hear her voice echo. She would also not get an answer. The first thought that came to mind was did I die? She was not a religious woman, logic was her God and it had disproved paradise several times over although she understood the concept of comfort that lies could bring. Her side where she had stabbed herself with a pen ached and her head felt dizzy from Kazuki's final blow which had knocked her unconscious. She was still in these same tattered rags. No, she could not be dead. That made no sense. Was this a part of the Obsidian? She did not recognize it if it was, she knew that the structure was massive despite being hidden beneath the earth and that it predated the agrarian human civilization. She looked about with a wonder that few others would if placed in a similar situation. She started to wander, not knowing what else to do.

"I don't believe we've been properly introduced. By now you have surmised who I am, I am sure."

An unfamiliar voice announced that caused Fuu to stop in her tracks as a cold washed over her back. The fine hairs on her neck stood on end, like an animal's sixth sense in response to his ominous presence. He was masked and cloaked like all those conscripted into the ANBU forces but he was too famous to be simply another ANBU. His face in particular that is - while the ANBU often donned the visage of an animal, often a predator in fact; there was one who chose to wear the face of a man and thus be what he was not. He had a characteristic gait and a charisma that few others had, it was an aura of death and dread and the mannerisms of a man or in his case Ancient who was utterly indifferent to the risks those who opposed him could potentially possess. "Deep Court Lord Mikaboshi, former ANBU Sennin," she confirmed, her eyes never leaving the Ancient. She knew that she would not be able to fight him, not in the state she was presently in but as the seconds ticked on past she seemed to find more questions.

Where am I?

What is he doing here?

What did you do to them [Kasha|'Reaper']?

Why am I here?

"But I am afraid that I do not know you. I only know that you are in the grasp of my bungling successors and that you are a very important prisoner to them."

He was one of the few she had sought to avoid during and immediately following the incursion, knowledge of his proximity left her with the feeling of lead in her stomach. Rumors preceded him and she had read a great deal about his life and his reign as well as his fall. She uneasily looked about her, she was tempted to run just then but she did not know where she would go in this darkness? To anywhere but here, she reasoned. Her body was tense and her jaw was clenched but her feet did not heed her command as they remained petrified in that very place.

"What is your name?"</B><i></i>

He finally asked. The answer was simple enough for the woman. <B>"Fuu," a strong voice with the hint of a waver answered. She was used to being in control, her mind raced as it tried to put together all of the facts but some of what she knew was a lie. The program was flawed. She would take a half step back, away from the Lord. She wanted to run, it was the part of her that screamed the core tenants of self-preservation but she needed to do better than flee, she needed to take back control.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
]"You may run if you like. I will never be far behind." Remarked Mikaboshi as he noted Fuu looking from side to side searching for an escape route. To emphasize his point he unclasped his hands and spread his arms wide, making it apparent he was hiding no weapon behind his back.

Not that he needed a weapon to harm her. Whether she took his bait to run or not, Mikaboshi would continue his casual interrogation. If she chose to run, the room just seemed to stretch on and no matter how much distance it felt like she put between her and the spider which had spun her into his illusory web he was never more than a pace behind her, walking leisurely as though he had no where else in the world to be. The truth of that matter was terrifying; Mikaboshi really did have all the time he needed to torment her. In this world they could take days to converse but would lose only seconds in the waking world. It was a magnificent technique even by Mikaboshi's standards and one he made a point to remember that he was not the only one in possession of it.

"I am a creature of fair trade, Fuu. There are few things I adore more than information which I am interested in and you find yourself in possession of a sizeable amount of it. So let me explain my purpose in bringing you here to prevent any misunderstanding between us."

Mikaboshi then raised his right hand quickly and in an instant the darkness surrounding Fuu was alive. It twisted and snaked through the air like a mass of writhing appendages, each serpentine tendril ending in a variety of fearsome phalanges or fang-filled mouths. As quickly as they appeared, they accosted Fuu attempting to entangle her limbs and prevent her from moving. Her legs would be bound around her ankles and her arms would be twisted above her head and lashed together as they lifted her from the ground causing her feet to dangle above the cold floor.

"You owe me a debt. I know your group was behind the temporary incarceration I suffered for the duration of your occupation in my city. This is how you will repay me. I will ask you a question, you will answer it and if I am satisfied with your answer I will lower you closer to the ground. If I am given a reason to feel that you are attempting to deceive me I will hurt you and then hoist you higher. If you fall unconscious or if I run out of flesh to remove from your bones before your feet touch the ground I will eat you body, mind and soul. Are my rules understood?"

To underscore the point of power that he possessed over her helpless body, Mikaboshi flexed his fingers and a coil of shadow would appear around her throat and tighten just enough that she could still breathe and speak but it was uncomfortable to do so. Mikaboshi had every intention of keeping his word and leaving her with her life if she satisfied his curiosity but he needed to ensure that above all else it was clear that he was not to be trifled with.

"Now little bird. Sing me a song about your master. Tell me what sort of man he is and about his family. Who he loves and who he hates. Answer to the best of your knowledge."

Mikaboshi knew basics about the Daimyo from the memories of Katsuo but the demon hunter was far from an expert in the subject of Wind Country politics. He would acquire what information he could from Fuu, hopefully expend some pent up animosity towards her group by taking it on her physically and then perhaps, if Fuu failed to uphold her end of the arrangement she had been forced into, perhaps enjoy an overdue dinner.

[Again, up to you whether she is ensnared or not. If not just ignore all events following the attempt to bind her.]
mikaboshipost.png

roguenin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
rB6JRiS.jpg

The Oracle

She took the bait and ran.

This place was like some sort of nightmare. Her feet pounded against the cold stone-like floor propelling her forward but no matter how far or how fast she ran she did not seem to make any ground. She would dash past pillars, each a blur in her periphery. No matter how fast or far she ran, when she looked behind her through strands of unruly grey she would see ambling behind her at a meandering pace that seems to keep up with her sprint effortlessly. She would find no door and no wall before exhaustion overtook her. There was no place to hide, no pillar she reached far ahead enough to escape Mikaboshi's unrelenting and seemingly calm gait and her lungs burned, her legs felt lame. She ceased running in what appeared to be the very same spot she started. She huffed and she wheezed as she leaned forward to catch her breath. "Impo-- sible..." she gasped as she tried to satisfy her air hunger.

"I am a creature of fair trade, Fuu. There are few things I adore more than information which I am interested in and you find yourself in possession of a sizeable amount of it. So let me explain my purpose in bringing you here to prevent any misunderstanding between us."

The oppressive darkness that seemed to surround them took on a tangible quality. Writhing and twisting snake-like strands emerged from the newly corporeal dreariness and lash out at her. Exhausted, she was still able to back away but she would not get far because the pervasive darkness was all around them. She swatted at the eldritch limb and snake-like shadow that twisted and wrapped about her arms, forcing them over her head. She tugged and resisted the restraint, she stumbled back and tripped over the her own feet but did not fall over as the tendrils held her upright and yanked her skyward. From the dark and featureless ground monstrous tenebrous appendages grasped her ankles and stretched her to her full length. The shadows made short work of her, her wrists united overhead and legs pinned in place with no ground to regain traction.

"You owe me a debt. I know your group was behind the temporary incarceration I suffered for the duration of your occupation in my city. This is how you will repay me. I will ask you a question, you will answer it and if I am satisfied with your answer I will lower you closer to the ground. If I am given a reason to feel that you are attempting to deceive me I will hurt you and then hoist you higher. If you fall unconscious or if I run out of flesh to remove from your bones before your feet touch the ground I will eat you body, mind and soul. Are my rules understood?"

He explained. She was vaguely familiar with the Spider's trap, an ingenious cage that she might have assisted in the construction of. He laid out the rules, they were simple enough. A length of shadow escaped from the blackness and wrapped around her throat and started to constrict. She let out an unintelligable sound of protest. Her heart thundered in her ears, she could breathe but only in short shallow breaths with some exertion. "What do you want," she asked in a voice barely above a whisper.

"Now little bird. Sing me a song about your master. Tell me what sort of man he is and about his family. Who he loves and who he hates. Answer to the best of your knowledge."

There was a question of which man was defined as her 'master.' "Nao... from Otogakure," she answered giving him the name of the man that actually had a hold over her. She could talk breathe and speak but it was uncomfortable to do so. "He is a master of seals and a necromancer," she continued. She knew his main power-set. "His only friend is the Daimyo, but I have never known Nao personally... I only know that he seeks to assist Shiro in consolidating power." She knew little of the man, less he sought his mannerisms. A servant or rather a slave knows little of their master.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back