Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Elements: Swords, Shields, and Best Friends [Ninjutsu Class]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The class room was like every other in the hall. Seats lined opposite a blackboard, ready and willing to be written on. Tables that academy students could write on stretched into long hardwood rows that rose like auditorium seating all the way to the back wall. A cold, wooden smell filled the room, a particular scent that you could only pick up in the Academy upon your first time entering, or returning for the first time in a long time.

Higa Kahako was a young woman, only twenty-one but already a medical ninja by her own right. She accomplished a great deal in her teenage years, and she knew she would accomplish more as time passed. Today, however, she decided to settle teaching a new batch of students the art of being a shinobi. But the class she would be teaching would not consist of medical knowledge. No, that topic was too complex for many adults, let alone children. Instead, she would teach them something they all would be able to use immediately. Merely feeding them knowledge would get them so far. Today, Kahako would teach her students how to fish. Or so the saying went…

Leaning against the open window, dressed in her usual jacket and bright red scarf Kahako rested. A pleasant look was on her face as she waited for the students to pile in slowly. This particular class wasn’t very big because of the nature of the class. Beforehand, each and every student was strictly told to bring nothing to class. If they asked why, the simple response would be ‘because it is simply not needed and to do so would result in immediate failure.’

Kahako smiled a little. The sensei who taught this class in her age was not as kind as she was planning to be. Hopefully the students thought her kind when this was all over.
Class OOC said:
Hello all! Welcome to class. For some of you, this is your first time and for others not so much! The first round will officially start five days from this post. Feel free to chat, interact, create some mood lighting, etc. To keep eager RP-ers motivated and give time for those who are busy, this thread will have no posting order. I grade on creativity, so let your writing shine and your pen flow freely. My character may be teaching the class, but I write to fit what YOU create, not the other way around.

Tsukikomiyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Elements: Swords, Shields, and Best Friends [Ninjutsu Cl

Little Tsukiko-miyu stood nearly with out motion out side the door of the room for some time just looking oddly at the door.
She was quite frightened being here for the first time, but what kid would not be frighting being exposed to a brand new environment.
Tsukiko-miyu eventually pulled her self together enough at open the door. She was thinking that their would have been a large crowd inside all
sitting in attended, while their sensei spoke but it seems it was not the case here. Tsukiko-miyu peaked in, her deep pink eyes the first to be noticed of her fallowed
by her vary much pale albino completion.Since no one was yet around Tsukiko-miyu slowly walked in. Her eyes soon lingered to the woman in the room. " hello..." Tsukiko-miyu said quite softly almost like a whisper. " Am..I early?" Tsukiko added as she find a place to sit.

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths

I stretch out on my bed and let out a yawn. I'm feeling nice and rested, 'cus I actually went to bed on time. "Aahh yeah.". I think to myself. "I got my nine hours of sleep."
I turn off my nightlight and flip on my lamp to brighten my room. I'd rather have the sunlight brighten my room, but last winter I had an incident with my windows where I decided to board them up.... Darn snow. I grab some clothing and open my door. The smell of pancakes filled the air. I take a whiff of air and fill my lungs with the smell of delicious fried cake. I toss my change of clothes into the bathroom as I make my way downstairs.
"Good morning, Sora." Mom smiles at me as I sit down beside Dad. She places a stack of pancakes in the middle of our round table."You woke up just in time for breakfast."
"Yeah, the pancakes smell great!" I reassure this by pulling half the stack onto my plate. Dad pushes his fork into my stack and takes a few of my pancakes.
"Hey, Dad. Wanna go to the Academy with me? The new classes are being posted today."
"Yeah. I'm sure me and your mother will walk with you. Are you up for a walk Aimi?"
"Yeah. It's a nice day out. But first, let's stuff our face."
"ALL RIGHT!" We say in unison. We clasp our own hands together and say "itadakimasu" then begin to chow down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhFy4qZ0ah8

Winter is no longer here, so sadly, I don't have an excuse to wear my lobster gloves and crab hat. But that is okay, because it actually feels nice outsiiiide! I just feel so exuberant today. Finally, I can go outside and happily be surrounded by nature! And besides the nice sunlight and my full tummy, today will be a day where I get to be apart of a class. I'll be able to meet new people and learn new things! My parents take a toke off their pipe as we walk down the sidewalk. They seem to be just as happy as I am.
"Once we get to the academy, we'll take a look at the available classes and see which one interests you most." Dad say's.
"Right!" I confirm.
"But first we need to make sure you know how to get there. Some days, you'll end up needing to walk yourself, so we need to get this memorized before your class starts. We'll take a few more walks today and then you can walk me."
"Have you thought of anything you wanna do for your birthday, Sora? It is coming up soon."
"No, not really. My favorite place I've been to, so far, is the Donut Hole."
"Alright, we can make a trip over there then, on your birthday."

We arrive at the academy and check out the list of available classes:
Etiquette, Social Survival and Resources
Less Talk, More Zen --- "Oooh, I like that one.". Dad says.
DEATH ROUNDROOM TRAINING! ---- "What the heck is that!?" Mom gasps.
"I like that one." I say to my parents.
They both snap their heads back towards me in disbelief as I point to the board. I step up to it and say, "This one." I touch, "Elements: Swords, Shields, and Best Friends."
My parents chuckle as my dad says, "Alright. I like that one too."

One thing I love is friendship. If I get to learn about the ways of the Shinobi and new things about relationships, then count me in!

"Ooh, check this out." Mom says as she points to a class notice. "Class starts in five days. Do not bring anything to class." She reads outloud. "Besides clothing" Mom adds. "I'm sure she wants you to be dressed."

WC: 635

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank

Arami was waking up much earlier since he had been living at the academy and today was no exception to the matter. Arami had a day before signed up for a class that was supposed to be taking place today and living at the academy he thought that he would be the first one to the classrooms but he seemed to be there before anyone. “You are in the wrong Classroom Kid” Someone said from behind him and pointed to the smaller classroom out by the obstacle course. “Huh I didn’t even know that there was a Classroom clear out there!” he yelled out as he pushes his way out the door past one of the teachers without realizing they were one and starts to run off towards the classroom. “Im Probably going to be…Late now!” he yelled as his long shirt starts to flutter in the breeze behind him.

Now standing at the door to the classroom Arami looks back and notices that in his course of running he had created a small strip of sand that led to his exact position. “I gotta learn to stop doing that so much Jeeze these powers Never give me a break.” He said as he pushes his hand down and forces some of the sand down into the mud. “There!” he cheered as he opens the classroom door to see two people were already there

(Topic/Class Entered)

Aikawa Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Time for a class, what every student needs, to be taught, to learn, to gain knowledge before going for the real experience. Nari had woken up early as she always did, to try to evade everyone in the house before they got up and hopefully avoid a mess and today she had been lucky, no one had woken up, but Nari had also not eaten anything at home, she had quickly taken a bath, gotten dressed and left, taking nothing with her. She entered a small bakery to get something to eat, a couple of sweets and some chocolates and some more in a bag to take with her to eat on the way and possibly in class, maybe some to give to friends, if she made any today.

Nari arrived at the academy, her stop at the bakery took some time so she wasn't one of the firsts in class, either that or everyone had gotten up even earlier than she did. Nari made her way to the obstacle course and entered the classroom, seeing the three early students already inside and the teacher which stood by the window, possibly waiting for every student to come in. Nari took her hand to her hair and adjusted it in front of her forehead to cover the mark on her head, the seal the locked in the thing inside of her, since that day she hadn't seen the demon that was inside of her, it didn't try to speak to her, didn't try to escape or anything like that and in return Nari didn't do anything about it either.

Nari entered the classroom and took a look around before taking a seat in the front desks and keeping to herself, while throwing a chocolate cookie into her mouth and eating it.

[MFT]

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Me and my parents head past the obstacle coarse to check out the classroom. We enter the room and to my surprise it's like an auditorium. I was expecting a seat and desk set up. For now, the room was empty, but soon it'll be bustling. For a moment I thought about tampering with something, or changing something to play a joke, but the only thing that crossed my mind was that eraser on the door trick, but that is just lame. I shrug off the thought and turn towards my parents.
"This is pretty cool. This is your first step into becoming a ninja. What are you thinking about, Son?" Dad asks.
"I'm thinking I'd like to play a prank, but I can't think of anything good." I say.
Mom turns towards us, with a smirk on her face, and says, "We could take her things off her desk and put them into Jello."
"You're brilliant, Aimi."
"I love you, Mom."
We grab the supplies off the desk and walk right on out of the academy.
"This is awesome!" I exclaim. I get filled with excitement to the point where I just wanna run around and flail my arms around. Ultimately, I decide it would be best if I keep my composure, but I really, really want to.
We make our way home and into the kitchen and place the supplies on the table. I run up to the cupboards and grab a box of blue jello. "What kind of jello does everyone want?" I ask.
"I'll take green."
"Then I guess I'll take orange."
I turn around and my mom already started to boil some water. Dad grabs three big bowls and hands one to each of us.
After a few minutes the three pots of water comes to a rolling boil. We each take our jello packets and dump them into one of the water pots. A few more minutes pass and we dump them into our bowls. We place them into the refrigerator and wait for it to cool. Once they aren't so hot, Mom pulls them out from the fridge while me and Dad grab the supplies off the table.
"All right. Ready?"
"Ready!"
Dad grabs the pencil holder and takes a handful of pencils and drops them into the jello mixture. Mom carefully puts a glass clock into her bowl while I take a stapler and place it into mine. I step outside and clean out the blackboard erasers. We wash them to make sure they are nice and clean before placing them into the jello. We then place them back into the fridge and wait until the liquid jells.
Three hours pass and the jello is ready to be cut. Dad cuts his jello into many rectangles leaving a pencil in the middle of every one. The pencil holder is sitting in a square of orange jello. I cut my jello into a rectangle as well, with the stapler and eraser inside. My mom cuts her green jello into half a sphere with the glass clock on the inside. Then cuts a big square out with an eraser in the middle. We place them into the fridge and wait for tomorrow, where we then will return the class supplies.

WC: 541

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank

Arami looked around the room at the other two in the room with him. “Anyone Else Notice a slightly distinct lack of supplies around this room?” He had to ask as he looked at the empty shelves and looked through a few drawers nearby. “Yeah I’m pretty sure that this classroom is missing some things I just don’t know what and from where” he stated as he walks over towards the girl who had arrived not long after he did. “So I’m Arami who might you be?” He asked her as he holds his hand out towards her; he started to notice a faint sweet smell. “Hmmm something smells good” He says as he lifts his nose to the air and starts to sniff around trying to find out where the smell is coming from but alas is unable to do so. Suddenly he turns back to Nari and speaks yet again. “So As I said, I am Arami it is nice to meet fellow students like myself, do you live at the Academy too?” He asked wondering if in fact he wasn’t the only one living there, and then he starts to tug his long shirt down a little bit to pull them over the top of his pants.

(WC- 210)
(MFT)

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Morning came ooh so quickly. I stretched out and let out a yawn. I look over to my boarded windows. "I'll really need to fix those." I think to myself as I rub my eyes.

I hop out of bed and grab some new clothes from my dresser. I head out of my room and towards the bathroom. After I finish my morning routine I wash my face and head downstairs for breakfast. I smell the air and let the scent of warm brown sugar fill my lungs.

I enter the kitchen and grab a seat at the table. Mom's stirring a pot of oatmeal while humming to herself. It is a familiar hymn. When I was younger, she would hum it to me while I rested and fell asleep.

I walk over to her. She turns her head and asks me to grab some milk from the fridge. Breakfast will be done soon.

"Ooh, Sora." Mom says to me as I open the refrigerator door. "Could you grab the jello as well? I also made a separate batch that you can share with your classmates."

I pull out the milk and set it on the counter. I grab three cups and three bowls from the cupboards. As I set the table, dad walks in.

"Mmmmm. Brown sugar, apple, oatmeal. It smells great, Aimi." Dad takes a seat and turns to me. "Are you ready to show me how to get to the academy?"

I take a seat beside him. "We've gone over this about twelve times now. I believe I can get there."

Mom turns to us with the pot of oatmeal. As she fills our bowls, she says, "I'll need to head to the haberdashery after breakfast, so I won't be able to see you off at the academy for your first day of class. But I know you'll have a good first day." Mom smiles at me. "Ooh, don't forget these!" Dad pours some milk as she goes into the fridge and pulls out three containers. "The bottom two have the class supplies in them, the top one is just more jello." She grins as she set's them beside me.

I finish breakfast, put some outside clothes on and walk past the front door, heading towards the academy with Dad. I'm holding the two containers with the supplies while Dad holds the other.

"Dad." I look up to my father as he looks at me. "Why did we move here? I mean, why did we really move here?" He straightens his head and looks forward as we walk. For a moment, there is just silence. I kick my foot at some pebbles ahead of me, kicking them off of the sidewalk. My father speaks up.

"Sora, what interests you about becoming a Ninja? You've never shown any interest in this before we moved here."

I look forward into the distance and say, "Well..." I look down towards the ground. "I'm not sure what I want to do, with my life, or here. I'm not even sure what we're doing here." I hold my head up, looking towards the sky. "But I know I like the things that I have. And I know that I can become stronger. So, I might as well make myself stronger." We walk over a bridge. A gust of wind passes through us. The academy should be up ahead.

"The academy will be a good place for that. You'll me able to learn and meet new people. And not just learn", dad kneels down and pokes me on my chest, "but learn about you too." Dad puts his free hand on his knee and stands back up, looking towards the academy.

We walk up to the front entrance.

"You did a good job getting here, son. This is where we are going to split. I'm going to head over to the Haberdashery and help your mother." He sets the other jello container on top of my two. "I'll see you later, at home. I love you, Sora. Also, don't worry to much about figuring out what you want to do. Just enjoy your day. You're eleven years old; you'll figure things out."

"I love you too, Dad."

I turn and head into the academy. I walk past the obstacle course and into my classroom. I stand in the door way for a moment and look around the room. There are three others here now. One is sitting by herself and the other two are up front. It seems they are associating with each other."Nice!" I think to myself. "There are still front seats open. And by the lady eating a cookie! I take my first step into the classroom.

I walk over to the teachers desk, in front of the black board, and set my containers down. I move the first container off to the side. I open the second container and pull out a half sphere of green gelatin with a round shaped clock in the middle. I place it on the corner of the desk. I proceed to place things back to where I found them. I open one of the desk drawers and put the stapler, submerged in blue jello, inside. I continue to place the things back to where I found them. I place the erasers back onto the chock board. One is in blue jello, the other is in green. I place the pencils, which are in orange jello, into the pencil holder, which is also in orange jello. The pencil holder is hollowed out a bit, so the pencils can go inside.

I leave the containers beside her desk, and the extra thing of jello on top. I walk to the front desk beside the lady eating a cookie. I sit down in the seat, smile at her, and say, "I love sweets." I reach into my pocket and pull out a box of Pockey. "Would you like a piece of Pockey?" I look over towards the other girl who is standing. "You can have one too, if you want." I speak up and lean back towards the other person. "So can you."

WC: 1027

Kosu Tetaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tetaru didn't want to stand out, and he knew the quickest way for that to happen was with poor arrival timing. Too early and all the students would notice him upon entry, yet too late and he would draw the wrath of the instructor before the course had even truly begun. With this in mind, Tetaru set out the perfect schedule for the morning of the first class and went to sleep the night before confident in said strategy. Yet as many do, this plan failed the test of battle, and the morning of class Tetaru awoke to his mother shaking him. “Get up! You missed your wake up!” she said in a near shriek. His eyes opened and were met with a far more aggressive ray of sun than than he anticipated. His mother was right, he had over slept. He glanced at the time nearby and determined he was in no danger of being legitimately late to class, but his perfect timing window was in jeopardy.

With this in mind Tetaru rushed through his morning activities, with a constant eye trained on the clock, “I might still make it!” he thought to himself as he crammed his feet into his worn out shoes. Taking one last glance at the hour he sprinted out the door. As he turned down the path outside his house and headed for the academy he calculated his chances of hitting him timing window. The academy was usually a fifteen minute walk from his house, but he only had about ten minutes. Determining it worth the effort, Tetaru broke into a sprint with his mind set to take every short cut available. First over a near by fence, then through a thick bush and coming out into a field of sorts, Tetaru was running as fast as he could, earning himself a fair share of scratches and bruises in the process.

Finally, the academy rolled into sight, and Tetaru drew to a near complete halt. Hands on his knees, Tetaru took a couple deep breaths and began to stroll towards the doors. Thinking about how long it had been since he has left his house, he had decided that he had made good time and could afford to stroll the rest of the way. After all, being seen sprinting in on the first day would draw him a lot of attention, regardless of if he was on time or not. As he approached the large front doors to the school he examined his arms for the damage done by the fence hopping and brush whacking. His arms were pretty scratched up, but besides that there was no major harm, and the next thing he knew he was outside the door to the class room. He stopped for a second, just a second, and collected himself.

Opening the door only about a third of the way, Tetaru slid himself through the small gap created and turned to look around. Only four other students had arrived before him, and a young woman he assumed to be the instructor herself, stood across the room near a window. The other students seem to be in some sort of snack trade, but Tetaru payed them no mind. “Perfect.” He whispered under his breath. With his eyes to the steps he walked himself up to the back third of the the room and found himself a seat off to the near side.

Tsukikomiyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tsukikomiyu sat quietly turning her head around the Room. She found herself a peace of paper that was stuck between the wall and the table she was sitting at. Tsukikomiyu folded it a few times and wished upon it as if it was some kind of star. She prayed that the mental issues she endorse would not effect her ability to learn anything here, If not at least have those around her understand her Latrophobia, a unnatural fear of doctors and that she fears meat. To most this kind of thing is strange but if one is understand they would have to go through what Tsukiko had went through. She shuttered at the thought of someone teacher her that was in the medical field however she came to the academe to learn how to push those Phobias away.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Kahako eyed the first young student to enter. She appeared quiet and shy, much like Tama was when Kahako’s group were still students. “Does it matter?” she responded softly, “You made it on time.” She closed her eyes as the girl went to sit down, and it wasn’t long before others started to join. Slowly each entered in their own way. One had a cookie in her mouth seemingly the calmest and least nervous out of the bunch. Other rushed in, probably thinking they would be late, and quickly took their seats.

“Anyone Else Notice a slightly distinct lack of supplies around this room?” came a comment from a peculiar looking student. Kahako remembered the child’s name on her roster next to her picture, Akaikoto Arami. Nothing was mentioned about the young boy outside his name, age, and proof that he might have some chakra potential. Kahako did notice the lack of supplies in the room, but didn’t give it much thought seeing as how she wouldn’t need it.

What happened next, however, was so out of the ordinary that Kahako could barely believe it. Her last student to enter, Nara Sora, came into the room with a seemingly filled backpack on after he had been explicitly told to bring nothing. At first, Kahako frowned, knowing that in every right she should tell the child that he just failed the class. But when he instead proceeded to her desk instead taking an appropriate one, she stayed her voice, waiting.

And, boy, did she get a show.

Slowly, one by one, the boy produced tiny and not-so-tiny vats of gelatin, each with some item from the classroom out of his bag. Gently, as if he was taking precious care of the supplies he just ruined, he placed them back from where they came. Greens, reds, orange… with each *jiggle* came another item until everything that was ‘missing’ was returned to its proper place… encased in jello. And then, he sat down and proceeded to offer pocky… pocky to his fellow class members.

Kahako was flabbergasted. She didn’t show it, but in her mind’s eye she was teetering between punishing the child for defacing state property and laughing at the hilarity of the situation. Making her decision, Kahako cleared her throat and stood from her position against the window. “I thought it was made perfectly clear to each and every one of you that nothing was to be brought to this class?” She said, her tone hard as she moved to the desk. As she passed, the jello that incase the stapler jiggled from inside its container before unnaturally stopping its jiggling motion. “And I’m fairly certain you were told the punishment for not following that order would be immediate failure.”

Slowly and loudly, she opened every drawer that had a jello carton, quietly placing each one on the teacher’s desk. She looked out to the class, a small frown covered her face. “This would have been a pretty decent prank, Nara Sora….” She said with a soft harshness in her tone. “that is, if I was your average teacher.” Quickly, each carton of jello grew perfectly still. Kahako wasn’t loud or forceful with her tone, but a sense of seriousness dripped from her words. Faster than any of them could see, Kahako performed a few quick handseals with one hand, “I would like to make two things perfectly clear to all of the students in this classroom today.” A small rumble could be heard from Kahako’s desk. The rumble came softly at first; light taps that quickly grew into the sounds of bowls rolling on their bottom rim. It was coming from the containers around her.

“One: I am not here to teach you how to be merchants, farm workers, or silly pranksters. I am here to teach you to be shinobi. You are going to become soldiers who will dedicate your lives to the protection of Kiminari no Kuni. When your superiors give you an order, you are to follow it without question and to its fullest degree. And Secondly…” a small, almost playful smirk fell upon her face, the containers looking almost as if they were about tip sideways with all of the rolling around. “That jello is a ten percent gelatin/sugar mix and ninety percent water.”

Her sentence finished with a loud snap as sharp tendrils of water pierced each container from the inside, destroying them beyond repair. The once wiggly substance was now liquid and with a constant twist of her finger, the various colored waters rotated around her in a swift fashion before creating a rainbow-like ring around her. The supplies, now lying in plastic rubble wet and broken, were now free from their containers. A little wet, the clock probably broken, but no worse for wear. Deliberately, Kahako walked around the desk, water splitting away and following behind her. She leaned against it and looked to the small groups of students, ready to begin the course.

“There is a saying that if a troop of two hundred normal soldiers with three shinobi stood against a thousand with none, the smaller army would end up winning. Nara Sora,” she said, calling the poor child out. The moment the name left her lips, sharp spears of water jetted out to him faster than anyone their age could react. At the last possible second, they morphed into blobs of colored water, rotating slowly above his head, “…can you tell me why? Why are shinobi hailed as the greatest soldiers in our Shougun’s army?” Soon, the blobs of different colored water started to bounce up and down as they spun in their circle around his desk, blocking him from attempting to get away from them if he tried. “Answer carefully. An incorrect response and you will end up in a sticky situation.” She said with every pun intended. The blobs swelled closer to the boy’s body, becoming sharp, point spheres before receding from him a little and calming down. Not once did they touch him, however. “Of course, maybe one of your fellow classmates would be willing to help you out.” Her finger continued to twirl in tandem with the water that still floated above Sora’s head. “and maybe while they are at it, they can also explain why this was a good prank, but horribly executed.”

[MFT]
Class OOC said:
Alright! The first round of class is up! We're going to speed up the posting process to every three days, so the next round will be up Wednesday, August 6th per the site's timezone. Remember that I am always looking for creative posts! However please note that your actions have somewhat realistic consequences. Don't be afraid to RP your character in the way you want, but be prepared for the responses you get from other characters including my own... who is your proctor...

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths

My Pocky call was followed with silence. I turn over and see the teacher take a stand from her leaning position. She clears her throat and speaks up in a stern voice. “I thought it was made perfectly clear to each and every one of you that nothing was to be brought to this class?” She passes her desk. Silence, once again filled the classroom. Only the sounds of jiggling gelatin were to be heard, which is quite strange, seeing how there is nothing to move them. Higa speaks up again. “And I’m fairly certain you were told the punishment for not following that order would be immediate failure.”

Yeah, there is no way this lady is fat enough. She, probably, only weighs 120 lbs. No way her foot steps could rattle the jello.

Higa walks behind her desk. She pulls the drawers out from their spot and slams them at the last minute. The first slam makes me flinch in my seat. She takes out the jello'ed supplies and places them on her desk, each one jiggles as it sits.

Higa stands behind her desk, looking towards the class. With a small frown she says, “This would have been a pretty decent prank, Nara Sora….” I look her in the eyes as she calls my name. “that is, if I was your average teacher.” The jello grows still, adding an eerie feeling in the atmosphere. She definitely does not care about the jello, but she wants to make a point. This is certain.

“I would like to make two things perfectly clear to all of the students in this classroom today.” The jello starts to rumble this time as it builds into a violent shake. “One: I am not here to teach you how to be merchants, farm workers, or silly pranksters. I am here to teach you to be shinobi. You are going to become soldiers who will dedicate your lives to the protection of Kiminari no Kuni. When your superiors give you an order, you are to follow it without question and to its fullest degree. And Secondly…” With a smirk, her tone turns into something soft. “That jello is a ten percent gelatin/sugar mix and ninety percent water.”

A load crackling filled my ears as my precious jello shatter before my eyes. The jello formed into spike balls, piercing anything that is held in it. The pencils shattered and stapler split. They raised into the air and the pieces fell beneath them. The black board erasers plopped to the ground. The jello in the container, that I was hoping to share with the class, poured through the holes and warped around Higa. Everything around her laid in ruin, all except her desk.

Water, reflecting an array of color, circles around her as she begins to say, “There is a saying that if a troop of two hundred normal soldiers with three shinobi stood against a thousand with none, the smaller army would end up winning. Nara Sora,” suddlenly, my world is filled with rainbows, cutting my vision off to the things around me. I shutter my eyes behind my fingers. Looking through them, I see the teacher once more. “…can you tell me why? Why are shinobi hailed as the greatest soldiers in our Shougun’s army?”

I look up and see the many colorful water blobs circling above my head.

“Answer carefully. An incorrect response and you will end up in a sticky situation.”

The blobs pointed down, closer to my body.

The teacher twirls her finger as the water forms into blobs, once more twirling around me. “Of course, maybe one of your fellow classmates would be willing to help you out and maybe while they are at it, they can also explain why this was a good prank, but horribly executed.”

Knowing I was in no real danger, other then becoming sticky, I promptly speak up and share my thoughts. "You ask me why our Shinobi are viewed as the greatest warriors here. Well, honestly, I don't know to much about the people here. But I can assume there are many reasons for the many different people. Peoples' love and honor. The soldiers, their motivation may come from their dedicated to their land, because it is their home. We all live here, so we need to learn how to work together. I raise my hands and carefully stand up from my desk. I turn myself and look towards the class and wave my hands. "I have been told that many hands will create light work. I stop waving my hands. "If we all work together, we can accomplish many things. Greater things then what we could do on our own." I turn back towards the teacher. "Higa-Dono, I'd like to concluded what I'm saying by letting you know that I do not know why other people feel the way they do towards the Shinobi. What I can say is that I believe the Shinobi can do great things, through: clear communication, understanding one another, and having a clear goal." I take my seat and fold my hands together on my desk.

I glance over to the blonde lady with pink highlights, who is still standing on my left, then turn my focus back to our instructor.

WC: 883

Tsukikomiyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Tsukikomiyu watched wide eyed and ears open when the women stared speaking, tugging on her long braids out of nervousness. However She was taking every word the women said into consideration. Tsukkomiyu Did not bring anything with her except one little thing, A small Pink Quarts Stone her brother had given to her before he was adopted. In the back of her mind Tsukikomiyu was hoping the woman would not discover it since the teacher seemed to be upset about bring things. The loss of something that she had held so dearly in her heart, something that never left her pocket ever since it was giving to her. It this stone was taken from her she surly be brought to tears and that would be utterly embarrassing.

When Kahako stared messing with the jello that was stuck every where, letting melt and turn colors Tsukikomiyu stared more in wonder. She wanted at ask how this women even did that or that the colors where beautiful really and Tsukikomiyu smiled at the fact it reminded her of the sunsets shes used to watch with her brother.

Now when the questions where asked, Tsukikomiyu prayed she would not had to answer and froze up stiff. She knew what would happen if she was put on the spot like that. She would grow really shy, and not say much at all. She slouched down at her desk, her bright pink eyes peaking over its edge. " Please no..." She mumbled vary quietly to herself But Tsukikomiyu knew eventually she will be called upon and will had to answer something, but the question was when.

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank

Arami looked around at the other students who had entered the classroom, one of which had placed school Supplies covered with gelatin around the room. “Well I guess this explains where all the supplies….disappeared to.” He said as he noticed one of them was jiggling wildly where it sat, ‘I wonder what made him decide to take things and then put them in gelatin like this’ </B><B> Arami thought to himself as he notices the containers the gel was in had broken free and were now moving around. “Now that is a very Interesting skill!” he laughed a little bit as spikes of gelatin shot towards Sora nearly instantly before turning into blobs.

Arami was smiling slightly now as a small patch of sand inches under the door and slips across the floor slithering much like a snake going for its pray. Arami was still new to controlling his sand powers and often times they had malfunctioned and not done as he wish but simple manipulation was fine for what he had planned. Suddenly the sand was lightly creeping up Sora’s leg, If the teacher decided to actually attack him this time Arami would try to get the sand in the way and block at least a tiny bit of sharp gelatin.

(WC- 211)
(MFT)

Kosu Tetaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths

From his seat in the back, Tetaru lifted his eyes momentarily to observe his classmates and teacher. First his gaze was drawn to the only adult in the room standing off to the side. For a brief second Tetaru's impression was that there was potential for this woman to be a gentle instructor, but this mirage was quickly shatter as she cleared her throat and snapped “I thought it was made perfectly clear to each and every one of you that nothing was to be brought to this class? And I’m fairly certain you were told the punishment for not following that order would be immediate failure.” As she spoke she strode to her desk, and at this point Tetaru noticed that all the supplies on it were encased in jello. In awe that someone would have the gall to pull a prank on the first day, Tetaru's jaw dropped, but it was quickly pulled back into place, along with his attention, as he tuned into the instructor calling out the culprit “Nara Sora... that is, if I was your average teacher.” With what seemed like a small hand spasm, and the statement “I would like to make two things perfectly clear to all of the students in this classroom today” the desk behind her started to rumble gently.

With her voice raised and small smirk she started her list “One: I am not here to teach you how to be merchants, farm workers, or silly pranksters. I am here to teach you to be shinobi. You are going to become soldiers who will dedicate your lives to the protection of Kiminari no Kuni. When your superiors give you an order, you are to follow it without question and to its fullest degree. And Secondly…That jello is a ten percent gelatin/sugar mix and ninety percent water.” With this, Tetaru got his first real show of the power of ninjutsu. A loud crack echoes across the room as the containers shattered, and the jello began to swirl around the instructor. Eyes wide open and mouth agape once again, Tetaru thought to himself “Holy crap...” He had never seen any thing like this. The teacher walked into the student seating area and began to discuss an old saying, but Tetaru took in none of it. His eyes were locked on the swirling colors, every changing, yet clearly in perfect control. Memorized, Tetaru watched as the speeding gelatin became weaponized, morphing in and out of a bladed form, hardly noticing that it was pointed at his friend. “That's so cool!” he thought to himself while a grin like a Cheshire cat crept across his face. His eyes gently drifted from the floating blobs to the ceiling, then the windows as he succumbed to a daydream of his own possession of such power. He had promised himself he wouldn't do this, but with his head filled with such thoughts, it seemed like there was nothing he could do to prevent his mind from wandering to such places. In the distance he could hear Sora's familiar voice, but it morphed into more of a low droning sound and ceased to register as anything important whilst Tetaru became increasingly lost in his own imagination.

Aikawa Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Nari threw a cookie into her mouth as Kahako-sensei did her magic with the jello, making it float from the desks and making it swirled around her, a funny sight and interesting at the same time, this woman could control water from what it seemed and Nari watched her carefully as she munched on the cookie. Her attention seemed to be concentrated on the student, Sora, making some sort of revenge for the prank, asking the student why Shinobi were such great warriors to the Shougun's army, an easy question, that could also be a tricky one depending on the point of view.

Nari kept quiet for the most part and listened to Sora's reply, and to Nari it seemed like a redundant answer, normal soldiers also could have the same reasons and goals and after he was finished Nari raised her hand and took her chance of at the question. "Shinobi are hailed as greatest of soldiers because of our ability to manipulate Chakra, which turns into a powerful arsenal against those that can't control it, allowing us the turn the tides of battle, like for example, we could make huge fireballs against enemies, control earth to make shield to protect ourselves and use water to flood them and we can also do much more, that's why three Shinobi can overpower many hundreds of normal soldiers with ease." And after her response Nari's hand went into her bag and took a chocolate from it and placed it in her mouth just barely chewing on it before swallowing.

[MFT]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"You ask me why our Shinobi are viewed as the greatest warriors here. Well, honestly, I don't know to much about the people here. But I can assume there are many reasons for the many different people. Peoples' love and honor. The soldiers, their motivation may come from their dedicated to their land, because it is their home. We all live here, so we need to learn how to work together. He lifted his hands slowly, as if not to provoke Kahako into dropping the water on him. "I have been told that many hands will create light work. If we all work together, we can accomplish many things. Greater things then what we could do on our own." Turning back, he addressed Kahako respectfully, "Higa-Dono, I'd like to concluded what I'm saying by letting you know that I do not know why other people feel the way they do towards the Shinobi. What I can say is that I believe the Shinobi can do great things, through: clear communication, understanding one another, and having a clear goal."

She listened to Sora’s response, which was a correct answer, but not entirely what she was looking for. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed discrete sand particles inch closer to Sora before disappearing from her view. She had to refrain from a smile growing on her face. “That is a correct answer, but not the right one. Teamwork is very important in our field, despite how often we find ourselves in the shadows, but something more separates us from other humans.”

The rest in the room seemed to refrain from answering. Tsuikikomiyu, instead slouched in her chair, clearly stating that she did not wish to be called upon. Another boy, though amazed at Kahako’s skills, also did not come to Sora’s aid. The mednin almost resigned to the fact that all of the children abandoned their classmate to his fate until a small, graceful hand lifted into the air. Kahako nodded to Shibiki Nari to allowed her to answer. "Shinobi are hailed as greatest of soldiers because of our ability to manipulate Chakra, which turns into a powerful arsenal against those that can't control it, allowing us the turn the tides of battle, like for example, we could make huge fireballs against enemies, control earth to make shield to protect ourselves and use water to flood them and we can also do much more, that's why three Shinobi can overpower many hundreds of normal soldiers with ease."

Kahako smiled at the girl. “You are absolutely correct.” Kahako said, releasing control over the orange blob of water floating above Sora’s head. Immediately, it plummeted to its target, unable to be stopped. A sticky future seemed certain until a rush of sand shot from the boy’s collar, shielding and absorbing the water, effectively protecting Sora from the mess. “There will be things in this world that you cannot protect yourself from, no matter how many people are involved in the work.” By lifting a hand, the water pulled away from her student. “But, as Arami-kun just so adequately displayed, our natural abilities give us an edge that only six percent of the world’s population can have. And even less than that can actually manifest it into a weapon or form of defense. Every single one of you in this room has the potential to control it.” She let the remaining water blobs float around her, leaning against her desk in the process. “Well, you are some of the ones with the greatest potential at least. It will take years of training before you can fully manifest your own chakra system, which leads me to my next point.”

Standing again, Kahako guided the water out the open window and dispersed it. Though parts of the room were truly a mess, she didn’t want the room to be any worse than it was. “Alright everyone, we’re heading outside. And this time leave everything behind. It will be there when we get back, I promise.” She looked at Nari and Sora. “That includes your snacks as well.” she said in a stern voice, leaving no room for discussion.

While the students shuffled outside, Kahako closed and locked the window. Making sure she was the last one out of the room, Kahako turned to lock the door. “Okay, follow me.” She said while walking, not towards the obstacle course, but instead the woods behind it. It didn’t take long before they were on a small path. It was winding, hilly, and many times almost invisible. “As Nari-chan said, our chakra manifests in many different ways.” She started loudly over her shoulder after about ten minutes of walking. “Some of us, like Arami-kun and myself, can control the elements of the world, morphing it to do our bidding. While this is most common for chakra usage, it is not all. Some people, for example, are better at non-elemental ninjutsu jutsu. Other’s excel in taijutsu or genjutsu. Very rarely are people the exact same.”

It was another hour of splits, turns, hills, and just plain old arduous walking before the troupe entered into a secluded area surrounded by trees. By now, it had gone from late morning to early afternoon. “ah, here we go!” Kahako said, walking out towards the middle, having not even broken a sweat from the walk. Turning to them all, she smiled. “Now, I’m sure all of you are confused as to why we did not just have practice in the training yard outside of our class room.” Placing a hand on her hips she smiled. “and the truth of the matter is, it takes time and a significant amount of training to unlock your chakra potential. Sometimes even acts of desperation.”

And so came the truth of this class. “The reason why you were specifically told to bring nothing is because you will be spending the next two nights here, in this clearing, surviving on only what you can accumulate with your own potential. My role here is to A, make sure you don’t die. And B, guide you into finding out how you best control chakra.” It was here Kahako grew serious once more. “I want you all to be very aware of the dangers this class faces,” she started. “Just because I am a medically trained professional, doesn’t mean this will be a walk in the park. There are dangerous animals in these woods. Nights in Kumogakure, as you all well know, become deathly freezing. You will be facing hypothermia and dehydration. Starving to death is far from an option, but going two nights without food will be extremely uncomfortable. I am to keep you from the brink of death and no further.

“Students have ended up in the hospital while in this class, because they did not take their sensei seriously,” she continued. “Under no circumstance can you leave these woods. To do so will result in immediate failure, and having to find you should you become lost will endanger not only yourself but your class as well, because I will have to leave to find you. Do not travel alone, and always remember where this clearing is.”

With the rules laid out, Kahako immediately sat where she stood. “You will have three hours to create a shelter, find drinkable water, and food for yourselves for the night. At this point in time, I will assess what abilities those of you currently have. When the three hours are up, ‘class,’” she put in air quotations, “will begin anew, and I will have a better understanding on where the five of you stand in terms of Chakra control. Then, we will begin working on unlocking your chakra.”

Once again, she smiled. “Don’t worry, everything you need in order to enjoy your class is within a short walking distance in some direction. Remember what Sora-kun and Nari-chan said in the classroom. If you are capable of using chakra, it will be quite easy to obtain shelter, food, and water in three hours for each and every one of you. If you cannot utilize chakra yet.” She gave them a half smile, feeling slightly bad that they have to face such a huge challenge before them. “You’ll go without dinner for the night and quite possibly breakfast in the morning.”

OOC CLASS said:
Round 2 has begun! As Kahako stated, it will be 3 hours, but the next few rounds of class will be longer periods of time. I'm hoping to wrap this up in 3 more rounds, but it really depends on everyone's creativity. Given that this will require ample amounts of writing, you will have until Sunday EST to post. If everyone is ready to move onto the next round before then, then I will post early. Also, don't be afraid to post more than once in a round, and there is no posting order.

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths

“That is a correct answer." "Haha!" I think to myself, as I open my mouth and smile widely. "But not the right one." Higa continues to speak, but all I hear is, "wrong... wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong." The red head beside me answers correctly. "Nice!" I think to myself, but now I'm confused. Does our instructor believe that the reason why we succeed is because of the single strength of an individual, because I still find that team work is most important of all. I'll just have to talk to her on the side at some point.

Higa instructs us to follow her into the woods. After an hours worth of hiking, we stop and Higa begins to speak. I try my best to keep my composure, even though I'm pretty aggravated. A survival camping trip sounds awesome, but I did not sign up for this. I exhale and relieve myself from my frustration and focus on the teacher. She tells us the rules and reinforces the fact that we are out here to survive.

Since we are already gathered, I start to speak to the class. "Alright, team! Our goals are to find, Food, Shelter, and Water. This will be work, but three hours will be plenty of time if we split into two groups. I believe shelter should come last and based off our food and water source. The smaller group of two's primary goal should be to find food, because it'll be easier to hide themselves from our prey. If any of us finds any nuts or berries, great! We may be able to eat those. We could also use them as bait to lure animals. Also, we might find fish in our water source as well. These are all just my ideas, so if anyone else has any others, please speak up, but firstly, I think we should introduce ourselves and say which group we want to be apart of, the food group or the water group. I'll start, my name is Nara Sora. I'll join the last spot available, it doesn't bother me."

WC: 349

Tsukikomiyu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Being out side, Tsukikomiyu was in her glory. She loved being in nature, surrounds by plants animals and other things, As for the hole survival part, well Tsukikomiyu was unsure. She did not like the fact she had to get her own food. Tsukikomiyu did not mind gathering the nuts and berries or other fruits that my lay about but If they managed to catch themselves a small animal of some sorts like a Rabbit, Tsukikomiyu would refuse to have any part of it. " I can get food...I know what plants are ok to eat..." Tsukikomiyu said softly to the boy who suddenly took charge. " But if you dont want me to..thats ok too.." She added her eyes still shifting around looking at the nature.

And with that, Tsukikomiyu went on to go search around for the food they wanted. She stumbled upon an wild blueberry bush " oh wow...what luck..!" She said happily, gathering what she could, stuffing her pockets. She turned to a noise from the thickets behind her. It freaked Tsukikomiyu out for a moment but it was only a rabbit. " You better run the other way Mr. Bunny, before they get you and eat you." Tsukikomiyu told the animal. The rabbit looked almost like it nodded before it darted off back into the thickets. "He was nice.." She thought as she continued gathering other things for food. Tsukikomiyu gathered a lot o things that most people would not really think to eat, at least not at first. Things such as, Pine needles and dandelion greens. But clearly it seemed she knew enough about what she was doing. Dandelion greens can be eaten though bitter and Pine Needles can make tea if they manage to heat water.

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank

Arami takes one final look around the classroom before he follows the teacher slowly out of the room and out past the obstacle course and out into the woods out behind the classroom. “So We are going out into a forest then?” he asked as he continues to follow closely behind everyone else not knowing what all could be lurking in the forest around them. “So if you don’t mind me asking what kinds of Wildlife can we expect to find out here.” Arami asks as they come to what seems to be some sort of clearing.

Suddenly as if more serious on the matter Kahako would start speaking to the students again. “The reason why you were specifically told to bring nothing is because you will be spending the next two nights here, in this clearing, surviving on only what you can accumulate with your own potential. My role here is to A, make sure you don’t die. And B, guide you into finding out how you best control chakra.” She told each of them all at once. ‘Jeeze cant I already control my chakra didn’t I just prove that inside!’ </B><B> Arami says to himself as Kahako speaks again. “Just because I am a medically trained professional, doesn’t mean this will be a walk in the park. There are dangerous animals in these woods. Nights in Kumogakure, as you all well know, become deathly freezing. You will be facing hypothermia and dehydration. Starving to death is far from an option, but going two nights without food will be extremely uncomfortable. I am to keep you from the brink of death and no further.”

Those words managed to aggravate Arami a little bit, He knew very well how to find food because several times the orphanage had run out of food before he got any and he had to go out and scavenge his own from anywhere he could. “So we will all ….attempt to umm spend two nights in this small forest for two whole nights and days, Now that seems simple is...is there a catch to all of this?” Arami asked as he spies something very interesting out of the corner of his eye and a small slither of sand rushes forth into the tree line. “If so someone might want to start a fire as quick as possible” Arami said with a smirk as a deer suddenly yelps out not far away.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back