Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Elements: Swords, Shields, and Best Friends [Ninjutsu Class]

Kosu Tetaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Elements: Swords, Shields, and Best Friends [Ninjutsu Cl

Lead out into the woods, Tetaru kept silent during the trek. He was confused on the walk, but kept it to himself, and soon enough his questions were answered. They would be spending two days in the woods, trying to survive. All this was explained to them by their instructor, who unfortunately ended her speech with “If you cannot utilize chakra yet. You’ll go without dinner for the night and quite possibly breakfast in the morning.” Being fully unable to control his chakra, Tetaru's spirits were totally crushed. “Looks like I'll be going hungry for a little” he thought to himself. But soon after Nara Sora stood up and took charge “Alright, team! Our goals are to find, Food, Shelter, and Water...I'll start, my name is Nara Sora. I'll join the last spot available, it doesn't bother me.

As no one objected to his plan, it became clear that maybe this didn't have to be an individual test as the instructors description of the activity implied, but they would work together. His hopes raised back up Tetaru internally reflected “Maybe Nara Sora is right, if we all work together maybe we CAN find something to eat.” As he thought about how he could best help the group one of the other students offered to help with food and promptly walked off into the forest. As he watched he go, Tetaru heard a yelp from the tree line not to far off and turned to see a full deer caught by the boy who could control sand. “Alright!” Tetaru exclaimed. He might not go the next couple days without starving! Running over to the sand controlling boy, he let out an excited “Nice job!” as he slapped the boy on the back in congratulation. Quickly realizing this might have been a bit forward of a gesture, given he didn't even know the boys name, Tetaru spit out a swift “Sorry... I'm just looks like I won't be starving the next couple days.” He let his eyes drop to the ground, as it occurred to he didn't know this boy, and it was conceivable he had no intention to share. Hoping this wasn't true Tetaru joked “That is assuming you can't eat that whole deer yourself” and shot the student a smile. Thinking back to what Nara Sora had said Tetaru spoke up to the group “Well if we are doing introductions, I'm Kosu Tetaru. It seems we won't need to much more food, so I'm happy to go hunting for water.

Pondering the task in front of him Tetaru came up with two solution. He had to assume there was a stream or lake nearby, because rain was only a possibility at best, so he couldn’t trust that. This left his options at searching downhill in the hopes that steams would flow together, and thus become larger, making it easier to find, or he could search uphill for a vantage point. With a quick glance to the skyline there was a small peak in the distance, too tall to call a hill, yet too small to call a mountain. It seemed like the best choice was to use elevation to locate a water source. Speaking to the remainder of the group once again, Tetaru explained “I think my best bet to to get as high up as possible and use the elevation to look for a stream or a lake, I'm going to try and get to the top of that ridge.” He gestured to the nearby peak and started walking to the treeline in that direction. Turning around as he passed the last of his classmates he yelled out “I would like to be back before sundown, so I'm going to start walking. Whoever else is in the water group can choose to join me if they want, or they can go searching on their own.

Turning back towards the treeline Tetaru broke into a light jog. The sun was already beginning to set, and if he didn't hurry he would be trying to find his way back in the dark. The thought of having to retrace his steps perfectly in the pitch black was no a comforting one, so Tetaru decided he would be breaking off branches and laying them down facing the direction of the camp every hundred feet or so. This gave him another idea, and as he reached the trees he picked up a sturdy branch about four feet in length. He wasn't exactly sure what was out there, but he knew he might need some kind of protection. Tossing his new found weapons from hand to hand, Tetaru found himself wishing he has done a little more training with melee weapons, but having handled his fair share of blades during his fathers sword sales, he figured he could hold his own. Most of his training had recently been with an old set of shuriken he had found in his fathers work area, and it was these that he wished he had now.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Before the class separated, Kahako answered the few questions that were given. “This isn’t a mission.” She said with a slight chuckle at Arami’s worry. “There are wild boars, and the occasional wolf pack. Those are the creatures you need to worry about the most. Other than ‘survive’ there is no catch.”

With that, the group dispersed. Sora and Tetaru went on their own to find a water source while Miyu, Nari, and Arami went to go find food. The group of three were the first to complete the task of finding food, as Arami quickly caught a small doe before any of them could even leave the clearing. Still, the slight disgust on Miyu’s face at the dead animal led the group of three to wander into the woods, looking for more plant-based food. Once all were gone from the clearing, Kahako summoned two clones. Both went their separate ways, trailing each group to ensure their absolute safety.

Three Hours later Miyu/Arami/Nari…

What Miyu could find in the three hours she had was a decent amount of food. Unfortunately, since she only had her pockets to carry things in, she could only find enough for herself. Which was fine, since the doe Arami killed earlier was more than enough for the rest of the class. With the sun beginning to set, they headed back to camp, being the first group to arrive. Try as they might, however, fire did not seem likely in the three short hours they had. The original Kahako, who stayed in the clearing, frowned when only Nari, Miyu, and Arami returned in time. Immediately, the clone jumped from the tree line behind them, landing next to Kahako. “Stay here.” The original told them, leaving in a blink of an eye, leaping from tree to tree in the direction of the obviously placed branches.

Three Hours later Sora/Tetaru…

The deadline had long since passed on Tetaru and Sora’s journey to find water. They made it to the ridge, at which point, they could see the Academy and bits and pieces of Kumogakure which was too far away to make it back to civilization before nightfall. Sora spotted a lake in the far distance, and to their fortune, a stream that fed into the lake came within a good few minutes’ walk of the clearing.

The boys were about halfway back down the mountain by the time Kahako found them. “I’m sorry boys,” She said, leaping down from a tree in front of them. The rumble of a stream could be heard in the distance, not too far from the clearing itself. “Your three hours are up, and class is about to begin again. You may have not managed to find water today, but you will have another chance tomorrow.” She noted the two sticks Tetaru picked up, and nodded to him. “Well done in finding a weapon. No matter how useless it may seem, is better than having nothing to defend yourself. If you can, you can even channel your chakra into those sticks to make them piercing blades. Now,” she waved back to both of them, “follow me back to camp.”

Meanwhile in the clearing…

Shortly after the main Kahako left, her clone looked to the three students. “Well,” she said with a smile that was much brighter than what the normal Kahako usually displayed. “We may as well begin your first field exercise while I go to find the rest of your class.” Waving them over to a tree, the clone paused and concentrated. It was silent but for a moment before she smiled and proceeded to walk sideways up the branch. “Though our charka is naturally attuned to some form of jutsu, there are still some simple things that every shinobi of every level can accomplish. One of which is crossing great distances at insane speeds, another is to be able to climb in ways that no normal person can climb. Your task...” She said with an oddly bright smile as she laced her fingers behind her back. It was an odd pose, since she was perpendicular to the ground and they were looking up at her. “…is to touch my hand. It doesn’t matter if you walk up this like I did, or crawl up it even! You can even jump to me if the control over your chakra allows it!” The grin grew into a full on smile now. “Only the greatest shinobi have perfect control of their chakra, so don’t worry if you fail a couple times. I mean, look at me! I’m a goofball because I can’t fully transpose my personality into my clones.” The clone walked a little higher on the tree, clearly picking one with no branches in which to climb. “You can begin whenever you’re ready.”

Sora/Tetaru, the journey back…
As the group of three practiced, the original Kahako who was leading Sora and Tetaru back was also giving them a similar speech about chakra control. “Chakra-enhanced speed can be your ally when you are on a time crunch,” she said to the two boys, hoping they would pick up the hint. “But you have to be careful not to over-exert yourself. You don’t have to wrestle chakra into obedience. It is a part of you, like your arm and your leg. Chakra comes to us naturally. All you have to do is feel its presence and mold it into what you want it to be.” She looked to the both of them. “Now, let’s see which one of you can use your chakra to make it back to the clearing first.”

Stopping, she stepped to the side, allowing them both to see the trail Tetaru left behind. She drew a line in the dirt in front of them. It was their starting point. “On your mark…. Get set…” she lifted her hand in the air before slicing it down quickly. “GO!”

[spoilername="ooc"]The next round had begun! The next post will be on Wednesday/Thursday EST. For those of you that didn't make it, there's still plenty of time to post! For those that did, Yay! You just contributed substantially to your class's 'survival' even if it's not apparent right now. This next round will be based on both creativity and chance. Your character has a slightly numbered chance in completing or failing the task set to them of this current round. Your chance increases equally if you either logically utilize chakra for your character's level, or come up with a good and creative way for your character to be unable to use chakra yet. For Arami, Nari, and Miyu, completing your task will be whether or not your touch the clone Kahako's hand. For Sora and Tetaru, the completion of your task centers on one of you making it back to the clearing first. I am looking for something specific from each group, and if one of your character's does it, it will turn out wonderfully for your class as a whole.[/spoilername]

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank

Arami had a brilliant idea and as he walked off for a moment to find his deer he decided that he was going to try it. “Hey Deer where did you go!?” he yells loudly as he notices that there is a doe bleeding out not far. “Yes Food!” he cheers as he walks over to it to inspect how much meat there was on its bones. “Ok so I have never been good at skinning but I guess if I can find a rock big enough I can sharpen it.” He said as he uses his sand to lift the deer off the ground and pulls it back towards the clearing where everyone had been. “What no fire?!” he yells as he places the deer down on stop rocks.

Sitting down Arami would wait for everyone else he would start sharpening a rock by sliding his sand back and forth across it until the stone was sharp enough to peel flesh, but soon enough two others had managed to make it back to his location. “I present food!” he said motioning to the doe sitting on the rocks and showing them the knife he had managed to sharpen up when Arami was spooked a little bit to find that the teacher had been sitting behind him and now a clone was there too.

Arami turns around as the clone starts to speak about their next task and starts to climb up a tree. “Oh Are we going to be climbing trees?” Arami asks as the clone explains that all they have to do is touch her hand. Arami had some ideas on what to do but he felt like letting the other two decide what they were going to do.

(wc-291)
(MFT)

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"On your mark..."
What, a race! I think to myself as I look at the instructor.
"Get set..." I get low and place a hand on the ground, looking into the distance at the trail she made for us. In just a moment, I was prepared to move. "GO!" I thrust my legs from the ground, pushing myself forward. I try to keep a constant pace and follow the trail. Higa's words go through my mind. My chakra is apart of me, just like my arms and legs, so I just need to use it. I focus on my breathing and I focus on my movement. All I have to do is use it; now I just gotta figure out how. I take deep, steady breaths. I feel the air respire my body as it fills my lungs. I let my mind go empty... nothing. A moment passes and I vault over a log, steadily moving towards the clearing. I feel no difference, I felt no energy.

I shake my head and call out to Tetaru, "Hey, Tetaru! Ya keeping up?"

WC: 181

Kosu Tetaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Now, let’s see which one of you can use your chakra to make it back to the clearing first” the instructor said as she began to draw a line in the dirt in front of the two boys. Given her small speech on chakra control, Tetaru guessed that the real importance of this lesson was exactly that, chakra control, not to win the race. With this in mind Tetaru was still a competitive person and had full intention to be the first to make it back to the clearing. Looking Nara Sora up and down once more, he thought his chances were pretty good. Being a couple years older, he was also quite a bit bigger, but he knew underestimating an opponent could be a fatal mistake, so he put aside these thoughts of an easy victory and tried to focus. “On your mark...” Tetaru knew little of chakra control, but figured if he was to manifest his chakra in the physical world it would need to be extremely concentrated. For speed he could only assume it had to be focused in his feet and legs. “Get set...” he saw Nara Sora crouch down into a runner position. Closing his eyes, Tetaru took a couple deep breaths, bent his knees slightly and did all he could to focus, not just his attention, but his energy, into his feet. “GO!” he heard the instructor turned referee shout, and his eyes snapped open only too see his opponent had already taken off. Nara Sora must have been able to see the hand begin to fall and had taken off before Tetaru had even opened his eyes. “Crap! Looks like I've got some catching up to do.

With that Tetaru bolted down the trail as fast as he could. For a second his mind wavered from his true task of chakra control, but quickly he refocused his energy to his feet. Figuring he had a better chance at momentary chakra control than a constant stream, Tetaru tried to focus pulses of his energy every time his feet hit the ground, timed to coincide with his exhaling breath. As he rounded corners, Tetaru leapt off of rocks or nearby trees, figuring this would not only cut time off his sprint, but if he somehow could release chakra appropriately he could launch himself into the trees and proceed from branch to branch as he had read trained shinobi were able to do. This would allow him to get a clear view of the clearing and thus follow a direct route instead of the winding path that they were expected to follow back. “Hey Tetaru! Ya keeping up?” he heard Nara Sora call out from in front. Focusing back on the race once again Tetaru's plan of leaping from tree top to tree top seemed a tad outlandish given his lack of any previous chakra control experience, so for the moment he would have to focus on his simpler attempt to merely pick up enough speed to surpass his competitor.

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths

My call out to Tataru goes unanswered, so I have no idea how he is fairing. I focus on the movement of my legs and feet again and concentrate on my breathing. "We were walking for three hours." I think to myself. "I need to make sure I don't exhaust myself." I keep a steady pace. I'll have a while to figure this out. So, what do I know about Chakra? From the books that Tataru helped me pick out, I know that Chakra flows though out my body. And there are, in a sense, gateways at certain locations. I can open and close these gateways to influence the flow of my Chakra. Once again, I focus on my inner self and try to feel the Chakra flow through me. When I concentrate, I do feel a slight tingling on my palms. "Huh... guess I'll go with this."I focus the tingles onto my feet. I push as much of it as I can and with a deep breath, on a single step, BOOM! "Whaahooo! Chakra!" The burst of speed almost through me off balance. "Alright." I think to myself. "Now I just need to do it again!

WC: 198

Aikawa Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Nari returned to the clearing with Miyu, Arami and Kahako. She hadn't done much besides following Arami, in case he needed help. They reached the clearing and the real Kahako was replaced with a clone of herself and then she began to explain the next exercise. The students had to climb the tree like she did and had to touch her hand, at least the way she explained what she wanted them to do, they would have to use chakra in some form or way in order to touch her hand.

Nari nodded and listened to each word Kahako's clone said and then began to examine the tree, while trying to think how she could be do it, maybe trying to focus chakra in her feet was a good idea, since it was what Kahako was going, but could Nari do it well enough?

Nari approached the tree and looked at it once more before closing her eyes and trying to focus her chakra. She tried to ignore everybody else and just try to feel her ckakra and focus on the soles of her feet, but it was easier said than done, no matter how much she tried she couldn't feel her chakra, she hadn't been able to do so since the incident, but even so Nari tried harder and harder, but nothing could come out, it was as if her chakra was gone or sealed behind something. "I can't feel..anything." Nari said as she opened her eyes and raised her foot from the ground and placed it on the truck of the tree and then watched it slide down, not doing the effect she wanted, but what was she to expect if she couldn't summon her chakra

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Kahako waited patiently as the three students below her tried their best to complete their task. She already knew that this part of the course would be way too easy for the young boy. He appeared to be waiting to see what he class mates would do to reach her. Nari was the first to speak up while Miyu remained quiet. "I can't feel..anything." the girl said. While Kahako had a feeling that there were a few in this class who never utilized chakra before, it was the way Nari said her statement that alerted Kahako’s attention. “It’s okay,” she said. Speaking calmly and not wishing to call the girl’s inability out in front of her peers. “it will come, I promise you.”

It was at this moment that Sora and Tetaru came careening out of the line of trees around them. Sora reached the center only moments before Tetaru before Kahako landed next to both of them. “Well done you two.” She said, grinning from ear to ear. “You still have a long way to go in terms of manifestation and control, but I could tell you at least accessed your chakra pool.” The clone atop the tree suddenly disappeared in a small poof. Kahako closed her eyes, processing what the clone learned in her own head, taking note of Arami’s hesitation and Nari’s statement. Opening her eyes, she decided that three out of five showing potential in Chakra manipulation was very good odds for the first day. “Okay students," Kahako said, waving the three over to where she stood. “You all have made good progress. Since we’re going to be losing daylight soon, I’m going to let you go for the evening. You can approach me if you have questions you want to ask on your own, but I want to warn you that night is quickly approaching and with it, the cold. You don’t have a fire yet, and I cannot allow you to eat raw deer."

Kahako sat where she was standing, much like she had been when she released them before. “The wood in this forest is too fresh or damp to create a fire through conventional means. If you cannot create a decent fire for dinner, Miyu gathered foods from the forest that I know are safe to consume.” She said, nodding to the shy girl. With that, the students would have the rest of the evening to themselves, whether they wanted to practice more, or try to create a fire and shelter.

Late Evening…

The darkness rolled upon them quickly, along with the chill in the air. A possible firelight could keep them from getting any colder, but there would be no such comfort unless a jutsu was used to create a campfire. The moon would provide enough light with or without fire, as it was the day before a full moon. The twigs, grass, and berries Miyu collected did little to curb their hunger, and would do even less without the cooked deer. As she promised, Kahako stayed close to the group. She would answer any questions they had for her, whatever they may be.

When movement around camp died down, Kahako took a moment to call upon something she noticed earlier. “Nari-chan,” she called out softly as to let her know she wasn’t in any kind of trouble. “Could you come here for a moment?” When the girl approached her, Kahako motioned her to sit down. “If you don’t mind me asking,” she began low enough that the rest of the group wouldn’t hear her, “have you ever been able to manipulate Chakra, or was earlier today your first time asking?” In truth, what alerted Kahako was the way Nari just gave up trying to get her chakra points to open.

Just as she saw with Sora and Tetaru earlier, they did not stop even when they weren’t sure what they were doing. No, to Kahako, Nari was more resigned to her trouble than defeated. It almost seemed as if the girl had tried to call forth her chakra many times before, only to reach the same failure. Whatever the case, Kahako would listen.

Much later that night…

Most of the children were asleep by now… or at least pretending to be asleep. Kahako herself had resigned in a tree above, capable of keeping an eye on all of them and the area around them. These next two nights were rough, not only on the children, but also the teacher. She couldn’t keep her guard down here. She wasn’t kidding about the dangers around Kumogakure. The scars and slashes upon her arms and neck proved so.

The sound of a snapping twig immediately made Kahako’s head snap in the direction it came from. Something was out there. She waited just as silently as it had, watching to see if it would come out of the tree line. Eventually, Kahako could feel its presence slip away. Whatever it was, it was watching the students.

Something was out in the woods tonight, something much smarter than the usual pack of wolves.
[spoilername="Important OOC"]Okay all! I have a couple of things. This class will wrap up in 2 more rounds! This will be the last post to secure a comfortable camping trip, and to secure your continuation in the class. Remember to work on your word count so you can pass.(see site mission rules for the requirement) You have the usual 3 days, but please PM me if you are going to be taking longer.

Also, due to wibbly whobbly timey whimey-y stuff, My next post will be 2 parts. The first will be responding to anything that happens in the evening of this post. The next part will be what happens on day 2. Have fun![/spoilername]

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank

Arami looked disappointed when the instructor had mentioned that the wood they could use for kindling was too damp in this forest to actually use it. This slightly made him angry and slightly made him want to find a place where he could get useable wood. It was that moment when he came up with an idea, It would be wasteful and would also most likely require a ton of wood but it might work. “I think I know….How to get usable firewood.” He said happily as he strolled out into the forest bringing back a few pieces of larger wood with very rough but rather smooth cuts.

After about an hour of time Arami had managed to bring a large supply of slightly damp wood back to camp. “If anyone can start a fire in any way, be ready to do so!” he called out as he places his hand onto the muddy ground and suddenly a small amount of sand rose up from out of the dirt. “Jeeze I expected there to be more rocks under this forest.” He said disappointed as he combines the small amount of sand with what he had been carrying. “So the reason I gathered all this wood is…..well because…um I’m going to use my sand to grind down this wood until we have some usable fire wood.” He said softly as suddenly his sand falls to the ground around him causing him to become frustrated as he regains control over the sand and starts to swirl it around a log of wood, ending up with only half the log left after he heated up the wood from the friction of the sand running across it. “Ok we have a little bit of fire wood I’m not sure how well it will work but if we start a fire….there is a …..errr ‘Fallen Tree’ over in that direction I can get more wood from to keep the fire going, I am however not letting that deer go to waste!” he screamed out so everyone could hear him.

(wc 345)
(MFT)

Kosu Tetaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths

When Tetaru reached the edge of the forest and burst into the clearing he was going faster than he ever had before. Skidding to a stop he let out a loud “Yea!” impressed with his own ability to control even the slightest amount of chakra. Tetaru was so ecstatic with his performance that he wasn't even upset that he lost the race by a split second. Running over to Sora, Tetaru bowed slightly at the waist and congratulated him with a “Nice job!” Looking around the clearing Tetaru observed the three other students at the base of a large tree with a clone of their instructor standing horizontally several meters up the trunk. Based on the assumption that the others were given a test of chakra control too, Tetaru came to the conclusion that they had been expected to walk up the tree in a similar fashion to that of the instructors clone. Approaching the tree he thought to himself “Oh, I have GOT to try that.” But as he got to the base of the trunk to have a better look, the clone disappeared with a poof. Turning to face the real version of the teacher, Tetaru listened as he was described the necessity of a fire for surviving the night, although once again he focus was only partly there, and partly back on his fantasy of flying between tree tops. At the end of the instructors speech, the children were let go, and Tetaru immediately approached the tree to give walking up it his best attempt.

Unsure of where to start, he figured repeating what he has just learned in the race back was as good a place as any. Calming his mind, Tetaru placed his foot on the tree and tried to put weight on it. Nothing. “Crap, looks like this won't be as easy as I had hoped. Well perhaps a little speed will help make this happen” he thought to himself. Backing away from the tree several paces, Tetaru took a deep breath and focused all his energy on his feet for a second before taking off. Sprinting towards the tree at full speed, Tetaru launched himself horizontally when he was a couple feet away and collided one foot with the bark. Feeling the wood give out the slightest amount under his foot, he hung there parallel to the ground for just a spilt second longer than gravity would traditionally allow. Tetaru started to yell “Yeaaa” but it quickly turned into an “aaAAAHHH” as his chakra hold broke and he careened towards the ground. Crashing flat onto his back with his feet up resting against the trunk of the tree, Tetaru was seeing stars, but when his focus came back, he was staring right up at the clouds. Looking at the sun's position in it's daily path, Tetaru realized how little time he truly had before night fell. One of the other students had already left to get some currently damp wood for a potential fire, so Tetaru figured he should try his best to help. Once again, unsure of how to start, Tetaru sat down to think, until he felt a particularly strong gust of wind, and it became clear to him, that even if they could get a fire started, keeping it alive would be just as troublesome. Approaching the center of the classes makeshift campsite, Tetaru took the sturdy stick he had planed to use as his weapon and started to hack at the cold, hard ground. Voicing an explanation to the remainder of the class, Tetaru called over his shoulder “If we do find a way to get this fire going it could easily be put out by the wind. By placing the fire in a hole in the ground, it will be shielded from the wind.

When the boy collecting firewood returned, he explained his brilliant plan to sand the damp wood away from the thick logs and Tetaru began to feel better about their prospects for the night. As the boy began to sand down the wood, Tetaru walked over to him and began to float another idea by him. “Hey, Arami was it? I said earlier, but my name is Tetaru.” He stuck his hand out to shake. “I think your idea to sand the wood down in really good, would you mind if I took some of the wood and tried to get the fire going?” Tetaru knew it would be easiest if he had some sort of fire jutsu, but he didn't and it didn't seem like any one else did. However with his new found chakra control it was possible that he get his hand moving far faster than previously possible and with that he could create a few sparks simply by rubbing two sticks together. Either way, it was worth the effort, as spending the night without a fire seemed like a pretty grim situation.

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Me and Tetaru made it back into the clearing practically at the same time. I was just a tad bit ahead of him. I place my hands behind my head and walk around the clearing while I catch my breath. Tetaru comes running up to me and bows, saying, "Nice Job!" I crack a smile and return his gesture by bowing. "Thanks. We did do well. We even used a bit of chakra!"

A little bit of time passes as we all recollect ourselves and settle back into the clearing. Higa-San tells us that we will be losing light soon and we still have no means for a fire, so that means no food. With the only thing that we can gather is soggy wood, she tells us that we need to use a fire jutsu to create our fire.
Well, that is way outta my league." I think to myself. I decide that while others figure things out, I'll go out with the person, who has the pink strip of hair, and find a way to get usable tender.

While out, I take a vine growing up a tree and pull it at the base of the tree. I pull and tug until the other end of the vine falls down from the tree. The vine is thin. It has the circumference of my eleven-year-old pinkie. It's quite long and has leaves growing all along it. I wind up the vine into a circle to make it easy to carry. I walk over to Arami. I hold up the vine and speak to him. I say, "These vines will probably be our best tender. We can tie them across two trees. Maybe we can find a second use for it while we wait for it to die."

Eventually, we start making our way back to the clearing. In the time that passes, I was able to find many vines. They took some effort to get down, but I'm able to head back with nine vines. When we arrive, Tetaru tell's us that we should start the first in a hole in the ground. Tetaru says, ""Hey, Arami was it? I said earlier, but my name is Tetaru.” He stuck his hand out to shake. “I think your idea to sand the wood down in really good, would you mind if I took some of the wood and tried to get the fire going?" I look over at the pink haired lady. "Ahh, so your name is Arami. That's nice to know. Also, Tetaru, I think your idea is worth a shot. let's make sure the hole is big enough so it doesn't smother the fire. Ooh, also, I found some vines. We can wrap one around your stick, and use it to spin your stick, really, really fast." Using a rock to help me, I break off a piece of the vine that is about the length of my arm span. I take the vine and wrap it around the stick once. "If you put the stick on the ground, or any other surface, then pull on the vine in a back-in-forth motion, it will spin the stick. We can use the vines as kindling too, once they die. If we hang 'em up, baking in the sun, I'm sure it'll dry out enough by tomorrow evening.

I walk over to the teacher and ask her if she can join me and Tetaru as we try to start a fire. I also ask her if she has any advice she can give us. As Tetaru spins the stick, I'd like to try to use my chakra to help start the fire.

Later this evening
I take a look around the clearing, looking for a spot to eventually rest. I climb a tree and take a few vines. I plan to make a bed in the tree. I tie a noose knot at one end of each vine I brought up. I find a branch that splits into a "V", then I take one vine with me as I climb to the end of a branch. I pull the noose loop through the branch. I repeat this process with another vine. I let the ends fall to the ground. I climb down and with using a rock, I break the vines to a preferred length. I tie two more vines to the other part of the branch. I break apart more vines and weave them together, bracing the vines so they wont move away from one another and so I won't fall through them. At each corner of my weaved bedding, I tie a noose loop, lacing the vines that are tied up on the branch through it. Alright, a hammock. my bed wont last long, eventually, it'll break and then be used as tender, but for now, I can rest in it. I'm not planning to sleep in this. The nights will be too cold. I'd like to be near a fire, the idea just seems nice to relax in. The rest of the vines, I'll probably place near the fire, if we start one, so we all can sleep more comfortably instead of the bare ground.

WC: 868

Aikawa Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths

After the failed attempts to gather up her chakra, Nari waited and saw the rest of them doing their best at the exercise. She was saddened by the fast she couldn't gather her chakra anymore for what reason, she had done it before, but since that day, she hasn't need to do so and hasn't tried. The exercise eventually stopped and they went to set up the rest of the camp, needing to build a campfire. But like Kahako said the wood was either too fresh or damp, making it unfit to making fires, some of the others tried to find ways to fix the issue, but Nari just wasn't sure what to do, she was still thinking on why she couldn't gather any chakra, she always went back to that day and maybe it was because of the tattoo on her forehead, did it had anything to do with it?

At the evening Kahako called Nari over, to which she got up and walked towards her and listened to her, she asked if she had ever used chakra before or this was the first time, reasonable question taking in mind what happened earlier. Nari looked at Kahako and nodded. "I have used chakra before, mostly in classes..just recently..I haven't been able to use any." Nari took her hand to her forehead and pulled the hair away from it, showing the marking on her forehead. "I haven't been able to do so since I got this."

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Late Evening Previous Night...

Kahako watched as the students tried their hardest to make a fire. It was wise of Sora to gather tinder. Wiser for Arami to utilize his sand abilities for sanding. And nearly ingenious for Tetaru to use his chakra to speed up his arms fast enough to cause a spark. Many broken sticks later, smoke began smoldering from the vines that lay on top of the fire pit. “Don’t smother it, but don’t let it die,” she advised at Sora's request, watching as the boys began blowing on the small flame.

In no time, the small flicker of hope morphed into a decently sized crackle of accomplishment. She watched as they boys cheered and dragged the deer over to be skinned. Taking the knowledge she learned from her friend, Satou, Kahako offered her kunai and guided them into properly skinning an animal. “No amount of chakra control can teach you how to properly skin your food,” she would comment if anyone asked why she was helping.

Later, when the fire was blazing and their bellies were full, Kahako frowned at Nari’s response, worry for the girl clearly written on her face. “Did you alert anyone to your predicament?” Kahako asked as she looked at the symbol on her forehead. She didn’t exactly understand what the symbol meant, but she knew a little about seals from her conversations with the medical sennin, Daisuke. “hmmm…” Kahako murmured as she analyzed the mark. “When this class is over, I want you to go to the hospital for an examination. If it is anything of significance or anything that could remotely put others in danger, then it will need to be evaluated in detail.” She looked seriously at Nari. “If you can’t summon your chakra, it could mean one of two things. Either your chakra gates have been closed, or someone is blocking your chakra. If it is the first issue, then an experience mednin might be able to open them. However, if it is the later, then your chakra is building up, which is not good for your body and for your teammates.”

She smiled at the girl, not wanting her to worry too much while out here in the wilderness. “Regardless, I’m sure we can get you straightened out,” Kahako promised.

Next Day…

The night had been pleasant enough for all of them. Aside from the kinks the students were sure to have, everyone woke up no worse for wear, and just a little thirsty. Well… everyone except Miyu. An audible sigh could be heard as the other students awoke. Kahako stood over Miyu, checking her pulse with one hand while a clone nursed healing chakra into the sweating girl’s forehead. “Her blood pressure doesn’t seem to be up, but she clearly has a fever. Probably a nasty cold, but you should take her to the hospital to make sure it doesn’t evolve into pneumonia.” Kahako said to her clone before standing up. She looked to the waking students with a grimace. “Tsukiko-chan is fine,” she said despondent. “She just grew ill over the course of the night.”

With that, the clone gently scooped Miyu into her arms and began treading down the path back to the academy. “We will continue as planned while my clone takes her to the clinic back in Kumo,” the original Kahako said walking over to grab her jacket. “Kosu-kun, Nara-san, can you please lead us to the stream you found? We will be needing it today.” Kahako said, allowing them to lead the way.

Finally they had reached the final task of the class. The trek to the stream was a little more strenuous than the hike to the clearing, but it wasn’t nearly as long. When they did reach it, Kahako gave the students a short break to drink from the stream and rest. When they were done, their teacher walked out into the water, turning to them with a smile before summoning a few orbs of the liquid. “Your final task today will take the majority of the day, and will require most of your strength.” She began. “The more you use your chakra, the weaker you become. It is like running up and down mountain sides, eventually you will run out of stamina and breath. As such, eventually you will run out of chakra if you expend it all at once.” The orbs of water began bouncing slowly up and down above the water. “Your task for today is to skip rocks across this stream.” Kahako gestured to bank behind her. “As you can tell, it will be impossible for you to make it across with your strength alone. You must use your chakra to strengthen your swing,” Kahako smiled then, “but be careful, throwing your stones too hard will just cause the stone to fall into the water and not bounce across. It all boils down to a healthy dose of balance.

“And for those of you who already show a pretty adequate talent to your chakra usage, I have a harder challenge for you. You are to skip your stones across just like the others, but…” she pointed to the bounding orbs of water, “you also have to get your stone through the orbs. We will only be taking a break for you to find lunch today, but beyond that, your entire day will be dedicated to getting stones across the pond. Though the task seems exceedingly dull, your chakra control can only be refined through constant practice. Begin whenever you like,” she finished.
[spoilername="OOC"]Alright all! This will be the last round before exit posts are to be made. Everyone is doing great. Please remember your word count and you all will pass with flying colors.

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!
[/spoilername]

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank

Arami didn’t like how tedious it was to make a fire with wet kindling but eventually he had sanded down all the wood and they finally got the fire started. He looked over towards the teacher as she offered them a kunai, he didn’t need it of course as he already had a makeshift stone knife that he had sanded down earlier. “No thank you I already have a knife…” Arami said as he dug the stone knife into the flesh of the deer a little bit so that he could cut strips of flesh and meat off it before putting it near the fire to cook.

Later in the night Aremi woke to the most uncomfortable feeling in his back. ‘Dang this ground is so uncomfortable I don’t think I would of survived out on the streets’ </B> He thought to himself as he looks around the camp and hoped no one was around to hear what he was about to do. Suddenly a large amount of sand rose up out of the ground from deep underground causing the ground to sink a tiny bit. ‘Ahh here we go that should be enough.’ he thought smirking as he lays down onto a small floating bed of sand that starts to move much like a massage bed. “mmmmm” he groans happily as he falls asleep.

The next morning he woke up nice and refreshed and looks around at the group as they were told where they were going. After a while they came to the river and they are told they have to use their chakra to skip rock across the river, then she told the more versed group that they are getting more of a challenge as she makes some water bubbles and tells them that they have to navigate their rocks through the bubbles. ‘That’s still easy’<B> Was the thought going through Arami’s mind as he smirks and picks up a rock, secretly creating a small pocket of sand in the center for him to control. “So just get the rocks through the bubbles?” He said with a smug look as he sends a rock zooming across the river causing a small wake but it collides with a bubble before returning to his hand. “That is what you want …right?” Arami asks with a smile as he does this many more times, not really wasting too much chakra in doing so.

(WC 404)
(MFT)
(We should instate a time limit! this is taking too long between rounds, i vote 3-5 days max )

Aikawa Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Nari kept her conversation with Kahako-sensei, she should have been to the hospital to be checked out sooner and maybe she could have avoided this situation, but her demeanor made her too shy to go to the hospital alone. Nari shook her head at Kahako. "No..I haven't told anyone, I don't want to be a burden on anyone." She let Kahako continue and she told the girl that she should go to the hospital and of how it could be dangerous if her chakra was being blocked, but she hasn't been feeling any different besides the lack of chakra. "I will go to the hospital when the class is finished, Sensei." And Nari just watched everyone for the rest of the night, helping with what she could, keeping the fire lit.

The next morning she got up as the other woke up as well and then followed Kahako, Kosu and Nara to the stream they found. Kahako explained their next activity and quickly Nari lowered her head, once again they had to use chakra to skip a stone across the stream of water. But even so Nari kept listening and eventually grabbed a small stone as Arami threw his through the bubbles, of course, Nari without being able to use her chakra had to throw the stones normally and so none of the stones went across.

Kosu Tetaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Alright, its just skipping rocks... how hard can it be?” Tetaru thought to himself. Picking up the nearest stone, Tetaru gave it a solid side arm throw and watched as the stone dropped directly into the water with a PLOP. “Well maybe this won't be so easy.” First and foremost, he would need the appropriate proportioned stone. Thin and round would work best to allow for more rotation and skipping potential. The bank of the stream was covered in rocks, so finding a couple acceptable ones didn't take to long. Deciding that he should understand the technique to throwing before trying to apply chakra, Tetaru took three of the stones and one by ones checked them out onto the water. The first went quite similar to his earlier foray into stone skipping, ending in a loud PLOP, but the second and third throws proved much better with two and then five skips respectively. “Alright!” he cheered to himself with a small fist pump.

Now came the hard part. The instructor was right, without the use of his chakra, Tetaru was not even close to reaching the other side. With a deep breath Tetaru tried to gather his energy the same way he had earlier in the class, but this time located in his arm. With a snap the stone was released at speeds far higher than he had been able to muster just seconds ago, but even with the boost the rock was unable to make it clear of all the water. Each hop was farther, but the number of hops did not increase. To get across Tetaru would need the stones to have an increased number of hops, and to do this he would need to increase the speed at which the projectiles spun. Fortunately for him, Tetaru has been practicing with shuriken at his house, and he knew which muscles were used in the rotational portion of the throw. With a slight adjustment in his chakra focus, this time with more emphasis on his wrist, Tetary let another stone rip across the water. This time the stone few much cleaner, hopping off the water nearly a dozen times and launching into the woods on the other side. “Yea!” This celebration from Tetaru was far more audible than the last and was accompanied by a small jump.
So sorry for the incredibly slow response. I just moved back to school and have been way overloaded. Ill try and be quick on the next one just to be able to finish out this class.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths

And so the final day of class began. With clear heads and somewhat rested bodies, each student began tossing pebbles at their own level. Kahako did not miss Nari’s slumped head, and felt for the young girl, but Kahako did not say a word for Nari to stop her futile effort. Sometimes a facade was easier to take than saying there was something wrong with oneself to a group of strangers.

Fortunately for her, Sora also seemed to be having difficulties in controlling his chakra. Several times he tried to just skip the stone with no avail. Watching Tetaru, he then slightly changed his technique. Maybe it was just all in the wrist? The first toss was awkward. Coupled with a random influx of chakra, the first skip landed, shot to the left, and nearly pegged Arami in the head. Nearly being a loose term, as at the last moment both a blob of water and sand shot of to save the boy from harm and pain. “No stunts, Nara-san,” Kahako admonished as the water blob handed him back his stone.

Tetaru quickly caught onto his control. Slowly, as the day progressed, he could skip rocks farther and farther until he did eventually make it across the stream. The final task, to hit the floating blobs seemed to be just too far out of his league. The first time he threw a stone, his skipping was slightly off and it flew over the bubble of water. Second and third time his aim was slightly off. After about the fifth attempt of frustration, he just barely grazed a side of the liquid, a crazy feat indeed. But it would be the only time he could hit it.

It was Arami, however, who learned first as to why this ‘pro-users only’ task was so difficult. His first stone flew through the water ball with almost no effort. The smirk on Arami’s face was clearly noticeable, and Kahako couldn’t help but smile in return. “Try again, Akaikoto-kun,” Kahako gently encouraged. Once again, he picked his stone and used his element to skip the rock. Like before it hit the ball of water… and floated there. “If it doesn’t go through, then you missed.” Kahako commented lightly, much to Arami’s frustration. “Try again.”

On the second attempt, the ball of water moved at the last moment, the stone missing the target entirely. A cry of unfairness might have come Kahako’s way, but she ignored it completely, enticing the boy to try again. On the third attempt, the water morphed into the shape of a donut. The fourth completely disappeared in the water. The same was happening to Tetaru, who couldn’t, try as he might, couldn’t come as close as Arami could.

It continued until the anger was visible on both of the boys. A particularly nasty toss was thrown from Arami, the ‘skipping’ part completely forgotten. It followed the waterball like it was a target, right up to the moment Kahako put the orbs of water directly behind her. “Hit your target,” she said giving them full permission to do so by any means necessary.

What happened next could only be described as a game of stones. Arami quickly began shooting sand-laced pebbles at Kahako, who strictly remained on defense. Tetaru joined in, realizing that he could toss the stones faster and with more precision than Arami could, despite Arami having better control over the direction. The result, much to Kahako’s pleasant surprise, was that they silently worked together to try to distract her long enough.

But water as an elements was guiding. It wasn’t as flashy, nor as biting as other elements of chakra, nor did it move quickly like Arami’s sand. But the things it did have? Sustainability. Guidance. Water countered sand and stone, slightly changing the direction at each last second. On the rare occasion that Kahako was forced to block, sand and water collided and sprayed away from each other. It was a beautiful dance that would eventually end with the two boys exhausted by the end of the day.

“Nicely done,” Kahako said, slightly out of breath herself. Every child was in one way or another exhausted. Silently, Kahako dismissed them to find food and return to camp (but not without clones to guide them). They would be released come morning, but for now it was too late to head back to civilization.

The original Kahako stayed back as the children left the stream. Just like the night before, she sensed something in the woods throughout the day. It came and went, but did not make itself known to the children. It watched them, however. As if waiting for something to happen. When clones and children were out of sight, Kahako turned around, he eyes slitted. Laying in the shadows, just out of sight from the trained eye, lay a large, shadowed creature. When it met Kahako’s eyes, it silently stood before backing away. The mere sight of it made Kahako’s stomach turn, but she knew the sugary creature would not approach her.

After all the rare Nyan cats of Kumogakure, were only interested in children, not in the adults that watched over them.
[spoilername="OOC"]WHOO this class is over! Please make your exit posts. Once you pass your genin exam, let me know and I can set you up with a mission I have planned (that will be much shorter than this class) Request payment here: http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=454&t=40296[/spoilername]

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank

Arami started to feel frustrated not long after the first time the rock flew through the water bubble and the teacher started to alter things about the bubble. “Hold on you didn’t say You would be moving it!” he roared out as he started furiously slinging the rock back and forth from his hand towards the water bubble. Suddenly out of nowhere Arami’s anger would get the best of him as the rock he had been tossing around turned completely into sand and was now engaged in a beautiful battle with the water blobs trying not only to break through them but completely overtake them. “I won’t Stop until I complete your challenge” Arami yelled even louder than before at the very moment the teacher put the water blob behind her head and told him and the other student to hit the target. “That’s not fair! Using yourself as a shield like that!” he complained as the sand would start to make a small whirlwind before splitting off into two separate attacks and tries to use this method to hit the target. This eventually tired him out and he found himself completely out of energy by the end of the day unable to control the sand properly at all. “Jeeze I give…up” Arami said as they are dismissed and allowed to go back to camp. A small hand of sand splashes up out of the water gripping a single fish. “I have earned this” Arami said smirking and taking his meal back to camp.

Early the next morning Arami is told that he had managed to pass the class but wasn’t exactly sure how he did it but he was happy none the less as he makes his way back to the academy.

(wc 293)
(MFT)
(class/Topic Left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back