Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Equipment 101 - How NOT to use a Kunai [Closed Class]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Equipment 101 - How NOT to use a Kunai [Open Class]

MyLastNerveZaku-1.jpg
It appeared that the incompetent one Keiji had cut himself on the tools he held. It occurred to me that this could very well have been his first time handling anything sharp. I had previous experience from the year before, but even before that my father had taught me how to test knives to see if they were sharp or not. So was I surprised he cut himself? Not sure, but it was pretty funny that the teacher had pulled out the 'wrong' tools. I automatically assumed she did it on purpose to see who the stupid ones were in the class.

After she treated him with the antidote, Kitsune got back to business of the lessons. With a couple hand seals, the targets began moving and Hikari was summoned for her turn. As my friend moved to the line, I stood up and made my way over to the box of goodies. She did reveal that we could use ninja wire, and I was already strategizing just how I could accomplish the task. Grabbing some from the box, I went back to my seat and began to fiddle with it. Molding my chakra through it, if I focused hard enough I could change its shape. This is where failing the year before paid off. I knew more about controlling my chakra than those around me. Therefore, I began to tie the wire to the various objects; but not all of them. I did wanna try my hand at general accuracy as well.

So when my name was called, I grabbed my prepared kunai and shuriken as went to the line, smiling at Hikari as she passed me while giving some good luck. For a moment I hesitated which to start with. Dropping the Kunai to the ground nose first, I shifted the shuriken in my fingers and laced them with chakra. Moving targets weren't really the issue. It was factoring in wind resistance and leading the proper distance that was. After a couple of throws and misses, I began to get the hang of things and eventually ended my shuriken set hitting four in a row. Then I reached down to grab the wired kunai with a devious smile. I simply tossed it straight into the air as if I weren't even trying. But before it hit the ground I pushed chakra through the wire and the piece of metal radically changed direction. For the next two kunai, I did the same with a smile.

Afterwords, I retrieved my tools and went to stand next to Hikari, looking down at the kunai in my hand before stretching and whispering to her. "Not a bad plan you had, I was thinking of doing the same."

[iNPC: Zaku]

Eji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching the other two preform some trickery, the small boy was simply amazed. 'I don't know how to do that.' Stepping up the box of goodies as the next to go, Eji began to wonder how he could make his chakra actually flowed through his body. Pulling out a spool of wire and a Kunai, the Uki decided to tie off the small spool to the one Kunai and pulled a few shruiken with him as well. After assembling his weapons the boy stepped up to the line, and began to concentrate on his idea; however, he knew his didn't any idea how to use the hidden power in his body. While he was pondering on this failure, the boy began loosening his grip on the kunai and letting slide down as he started spinning it almost instinctively.

'Now would be a good time to spin it faster and above your head.'

Not knowing where the voice that just spoke to him came from, the boy took the advice and increased the speed dramatically as well as placing it above his head. Once he maxed out the speed, the small boy heard a hissing sound in his ear to release, and he followed the command obediently. Watching Kunai soar up into the air and then down to land on one of the target's heads, Eji simply turned around and said, "Thank you for the advice." In shock from just hitting something that was so far away, the small boy simply forgot about the other objects in his possession and walked off the line. More or less, he really wanted to figure out who was talking him.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The antidote taking immediate effect Keiji stretched his arms, and yawned.
He got up and looked at Kitsune, pointed at her in a judging manner "You're an evil Sensei.." He smiled and wavered his hand to the side jokingly "Nah, It's okay, anyone can make that mistake.."
He took a step easing off the numbness in his leg. He walked a bit just to get the feeling back, and sat himself on the equipment table and began taking mental notes.
Unfortunately he only managed to see the Little kid's attempt at firing. Interesting. He took note to the stance, the movements, he clearly noticed that he seemed to do it instinctively.
He didn't seem used to it, by any means, but he knew how to do it. In some way Keiji could sense it. He lifted his knee and relaxed his arm on the top of his knee and kept staring, analyzing.

What he felt earlier, he felt strange, like he sensed the actions of everything around him, he wanted to try it again, this time with more precision, and more strikes.
Eji hit one of the targeting dummies, on the top of it's head even. Impressive.. Maybe there's something to him after all. Keiji smiled as he got down from the table.

He turned around and picked up a few extra Shurikens and Kunais, placed them in their holsters resulting in them being over encumbered and making them almost fall out. As he walked over he held one of the Kunais and turned it around with his finger in the bottom hole of it, while turning it around he walked all the way to the line, took his stance, embedded himself in the ground under him. He grinned and released the Kunai from his finger and grabbed the handle.

"It's time to get serious!" Keiji spat on the ground next to him.
He concentrated deeply, his senses extended out around him he concentrated on the movements of he dolls and targets moving. He closed his eyes and opened up the holster for the Kunai, took a handful of Kunai and held them in both his hands, he felt their weight properly, weighed the distance needed to throw and the strength needed to reach the targets, he readied himself to throw them.
This sensation, it felt.. Familiar, yet strange and inviting at the same time. It's as if he saw it all happen in slow motion, the world shrunk around him, his focus, only on the moving targets. He prepared himself. He opened his eyes and right at that instance he knew exactly where to strike. He threw the Kunai one from each hand, then the next wave, and the next wave. In a matter of seconds he had thrown all the Kunai he had held in his hands, all the targets were hit, all in the mid-center of their torso, it was bullseye all around. He took a deep breath, opened up the Shuriken pouch on his Right arm and took out a handful, one for each target just as with the Kunai, his concentration didn't falter or diminish. He closed his eyes for a few seconds and his thoughts went again towards the movements of the dummies, he opened again and began throwing, hitting all the targets right next to their center, right next to his previously thrown Kunai. The Shurikens had hit right where he wanted them to.

He relaxed his arms, and his stance, turned around, smiled widely and bowed deeply. "And that's how the Suzaku clan, handles things." He stretched out his arms as he walked away from the line, over to the equipment table, when he reached the table he bag doing some stretches for his legs a little bit and then resumed his position on the table.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”Okay, that just about settles it for this class.” Kitsune said and smiled at the students. ”You all did very well. Better than I had expected.” she closed her eyes for a short amount of time and when she opened them again, her Mangekyou had been deactivated and she had returned to her normal Sharingan, knowing full-well that she couldn’t switch it off, even if she wanted to. Such was the burden of having an Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

She shook her head lightly and then looked at Zaku ”Tell me, Zaku. You always seem so stiff in your actions whenever you spotted my kekkei genkai.” she said ”Why is that?” and while waiting for his response, she turned her head and looked at Hikari ”You did very well Hikari. Good thinking on your part using your chakra like you did, and I’m glad that you picked up on the string thing.”

Upon finishing that sentence she looked back at Zaku ”Do you harbor some resentment towards kekkei genkai holders, or is it just jealousy?” Kitsune said, teasing him a bit ”If its resentment, I will not ask further into it. If its jealousy, then a simple operation can help you get a kekkei genkai of your own.” she added and winked.

Of course, Kitsune would say that the operation was simple. She had learned from one of the best surgeons the hospital had seen, and she picked up quite a few techniques while she was an intern there. Moreover, having been through the very same surgery due to her old eyes failing completely, she knew more about it than most would.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Equipment 101 - How NOT to use a Kunai [Open Class]

MyLastNerveZaku-1.jpg
I hadn't realized just how much time had passed since we had gone outside, so when announced that class was ending I almost objected. However I held my tongue and looked to where the sun was situated in the sky. On the rare occasion that I had some free time and went out to the forest within the walls, I used the sun as my guide. It had moved quite a bit in the time we had been training.

In just a moment, those eyes peered upon my face again and her lips began to move. My eyebrows rose, expecting some kind of instruction on how to improve my throwing technique. But it turned out to be that one subject that I never did like to talk about. Why is that, she asks... Perhaps it's because... Ugh I did not want to think about it at the time. I averted my gaze and attempted to brush off the topic as I returned the weapons to the cabinet she had summoned. Normally I would have kept them, but these had a paralytic on them I wasn't ready to tamper with.

But no, it wouldn't be that simple. Her attention turned to me once again with questions. I sighed audibly and slowly turned to face her as she finished with the final question. For a moment, I looked to be in thought, but my eyes grew into a hard stare. Focusing on those red orbs, I began my response. "I suppose you could say it's a little of both. I resent the fact that they give ninja a superior advantage. I am jealous of this too. But there is no way in hell that I would take on some bloodline because of something as petty as jealousy. I am going to show the world you don't need to have some sacred Kekkei Genkai to be a superb ninja. You'll see." I retorted with a huff and began the silenced walk toward the main building, on my way out to go grab some lunch. Unless someone stopped me of course.

[Topic Left unless Stopped]

[iNPC: Zaku]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Keiji's ears perked at the words spoken when Kitsune mentions that the class is over.
He got down from the table, took out his equipment and left them on the table.
As he walked out he wavered his hand in the general direction of Kitsune and leaned back his head and looked relatively at her. "I'll see you around teach, and thanks for the help."
He left the shooting gallery feeling pretty good about himself, he although couldn't explain the exact reason he were as good as he was, he honestly didn't expect much of himself.
Keiji tried to think back, on what he experienced. But he couldn't get a firm grip on it. On his way towards home, he remembered that his little brother was probably waiting for him.
I need to go to the library one of these days.. I'll go tomorrow.. He thought as he walked his way home.

TOPIC LEFT

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari stepped back as Zaku exploded at the teacher, then she bowed as he stormed away, and replaced the poisoned weaponry. "Thank you, Sensei. Good day." She said quietly as she hesitantly walked away. It seemed a rather informal way to end class, to her, but who was she to nay say? She thought briefly about following Zaku, but then she shook her head, sometimes people simply needed to be alone.
She waved to the rest of the class and walked away, around the dummies and toward the obstacle course. She wanted to go for a run, and practice with her clone technique. She was also planning to practice her chakra focus technique. Other, more experienced ninja already knew more than she did, she planned to catch up.

[Topic left]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[Assuming Eji has left the topic.]

Kitsunes lips curled into a smile before she turned to Zaku and said ”Isn’t that what ninja are all about? Using everything, they’ve got at their disposal to have better advantages than their opponents have?”
She grinned a bit ”I’m sure that you don’t need bloodlines to be a superb ninja, but they certainly do help. Do your best in your training though, and you’ll end up being brilliant at this. You’ve got the talent for all of this.”

Upon finishing her sentence, she closed the cabinets up, and sealed them back into the scrolls she had brought them out from, winked at her students, and then disappeared in a warp. Presumably to put the scrolls back into the academy, or to start her shift at the hospital, who knew?

[Topic Left and Ended]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back