Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Errands on the Wrongside of Mairuishi [D-rank/Self-Team Mod]

Harumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The air was ripe with cigarette smoke and...people. Harumi didn't like this area, but her mission notice specifically said this store, "The Golden Parasol." What a weird name for a grocery store.... Harumi stopped her thoughts and focused on surveillance. She was awaiting the other ninja-in-training who would accompany her on this mission. She'd specifically requested him, she trusted him as one of her best (and only) friends, and he had black hair. Kurokawa Masaki is who she asked for, he was a new student at the academy, just like herself, and they'd met on another mission to Arcadia. Regardless of past relations with Masaki, Harumi had picked him because he was handy with that electrified metal Bo Staff of his and he was good with Ninjutsu, and Harumi wasn't great in a fight up-close. And he had black hair.

Slowly rotating her head from left to right, Harumi could notice anything and everything for about 10 miles, and in perfect detail. She scanned the neighborhood, or at least what was visible from her nest high in the concrete jungle of Mairuishi. This store was in the "bad" side of town, known gang activity, corrupt merchants, even organized crime to an almost white collar level. Not exactly the place an eleven year old should be, but that was the life of a shinobi, go where others won't, well maybe she was glorifying it a bit....but nonetheless, not safe.

Harumi had talked to the store owner, Ms. Kishima, and she told her that she'd received threats; even death threats. She insisted she required direct protection, the only other option was for some ninja to visit her often, until the notes stopped, but she opted for Harumi and Masaki to shadow her today. She said a lot of the notes mentioned today, and quite specifically. Saying things like, "Your days are numbered." With the date scratched in at the bottom. This, she felt, was proof enough of danger worthy of shinobi body guards. She must have paid a hefty some of cash to get ninja help on such a seemingly small issue. Once Harumi had gathered all the info, she discreetly slipped out the back door and up to the roof, where she hoped she would be hidden enough to shadow Ms. Kishima while Masaki followed, masquerading as her son. This plan was fool proof, now she just had to wait for her comrade to arrive and explain it to him.​

~ WC: 410 ~

Kurokawa Masaki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Errands on the Wrongside of Mairuishi [D-rank/Self-Team

Fixing his collar Masaki is spending his weekend with his new "mom". Looking back how he gotten to this job, turns out that Harumi wanted to do a job together, the mission details saying a merchant wanted ninjas to protect her because she was receiving death threats. Moving a couple of crates aside, touching the headset under his collar in his jacket, Lighting Rod to predator do you see anything weird? Masaki said has he sits in the front of the store.

Harumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Nothing here Lightning Rod, by the way, loving these nicknames. Predator out." Harumi said making sure her radio picked up her chuckle.

Continuing to scan the area, Harumi didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but there were a lot of birds about. That was strange, birds weren't out flying at this time of the year, and they were all white-breasted hawks, seriously there were like a hundred now. Noticing that a bird was making a dive bomb at Masaki and Ms. Kushima, Harumi let loose an arrow at the descending hawk. Suddenly, when it was inches from Masaki's head, it pulled up and the arrow buried itself in Masaki's head. He fell, dead.

"ah...wha- what have I done? What....did I?...no..." Harumi whispered falling to her knees. Tears started welling up in her eyes, but then through the blur of water, she could still see that Ms. Kushima had no reaction. Not even a slight jump.

Clearing her eyes of liquid, Harumi noticed that Masaki had no pupils, his eyes were just...white. That was wrong, no one had eyes like that. and she saw a slight flicker in his form. This was a genjutsu. Trying to find away out of this hypnotism was going to be hard, genjutsu was her weak point. She didn't know hardly anything about it, was it something to do with her eyes, was her hawk eye ability detrimental in a situation like this? So many issues, so little time. Harumi was to busy trying to figure out how to get out, that she didn't notice the hawks circling around her, until it was too late. The vortex of feathers was overwhelming, spiraling an swirling, the feathers were sharp. Sliding to the ground under the shear force of the birds, Harumi couldn't figure out what to do. In a panic, she drew an arrow and let if fly wildy screaming.

"AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!" She was in a frenzy now, maybe it was the genjutsu messing with her head, she was usually level headed.

Then suddenly, the screeching stopped and the cuts went away, the only sound was the humming and bustling of the city streets. Harumi looked over to a nearby building. A dead ninja with an arrow through his eye, laid slumped over the edge of the building. Clearing her eyes of tears, she stood and looked for Masaki and Ms. Kushima, they were no where to be found. It seems they'd kept moving while she was under. She quickly abounded ahead, she had to find him. The attack was about to begin.​

WC: 428

Kurokawa Masaki

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Carrying a crate full of groceries feeling a bit peaceful, even being the crappy part of the city. Masaki stopped felling the electrons in the air shift, looking behind him, Masaki notice the client was humming a tune, but what was really weird that a group of four or five is looking at the client. Looking for any alley way, Masaki turned towards the client. "Hey mom why don't take a short cut." The client looked at me surprised and a little bit of fear in it.
"Ok but don't rush ok."The client said in a hush tone. Feeling glad that she is listening, Masaki lead the client in a alley way. Looking for a place for the client to hide found a dumpster and a couple of crates. Turning towards the client Masaki said.
"Hide between the junk there and don't come out till I say so." Hearing a quite 'ok' Masaki but down the crate that he was holding and waited. "Lighting rod to Predator where the heck are you?!"

Harumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

A crackle at the radio alerted Harumi, Masaki followed the static asking for her whereabouts. Luckily, the Masaki in the genjutsu wasn't real, Harumi replied "Predator inbound! Hold position Lightning Rod and protect the target, but hey! Stay safe and eliminate any threats!" Harumi said trying to sound confident and leader-like.

Bounding through the mess of electrical wires and laundry lines, Harumi was looking for potential stragglers, but how many enemies were there? Even if Harumi could see them, she probably couldn't designate them from the other civilians. Snapping her view to the left, there was a person running along next to her, they threw Kunai, this wasn't good. Harumi dodge 3 with an aerial cartwheel, but one nicked her inner thigh, letting thick red blood run down her leg. Firing an arrow back, it spun by him, as he began to prepare another weapon. The arrow suddenly swung back around and buried itself into the back of his head. Harumi continued running and found Ms. Kushima and Masaki sitting in a pile of trash, much to Kushima's discontent. Harumi looked up the buildings and down the street running perpindicular to the alley. Men and women approached on all sides. What did this lady do to get this much violence towards her?

"Excuse me, Ms. Kushima what exactly did you do to make this happen?" Harumi questioned.

"Oh, these people complained about my prices... really, their so greedy. I only charged them 1400.00 yen for that bread..." She grumbled.

"Are you serious!? That's highway robbery! Why would you charge that much?!"

"I thought it was fair, anyways, I've fallen on hard times and I have debts to pay! Do you think a shopkeeper's salary can pay those?!"

"Well no, but you shouldn't charge that much...and we wouldn't even be here if you'd just made bread 500.00 yen like every where else..." Harumi sighed, preparing to try and negotiate with these disgruntled customers. "Masaki, get ready, if negotiations go sour, we'll have a fight on our hands. And you!" Harumi said pointing to Kushima "Stay quiet."

Kurokawa Masaki

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Taking out his bo staff Masaki looked intently at the crowed that formed in front of him. Waiting for one of them make the first move. Making sure that Ms. Kushima is safe, but instead of looking grateful she looked like she doesn't care much. Hearing noise behind Masaki looked back and sigh in relief. Harumi just landed by the client and appeared to be injured but nothing to serious.
"Excuse me, Ms. Kushima what exactly did you do to make this happen?" Asked Harumi, Looking back also wondering why waste so much time on one person.
"Oh, these people complained about my prices... really, their so greedy. I only charged them 1400.00 yen for that bread..." Ms. Kushima grumble. That shock both of them and from the looks of this the people don't look to happy about it.
"Are you serious!? That's highway robbery! Why would you charge that much?!" Shouted Harumi
"I thought it was fair, anyways, I've fallen on hard times and I have debts to pay! Do you think a shopkeeper's salary can pay those?!" Shouted Ms. Kushima in self-defense.
"Well no, but you shouldn't charge that much...and we wouldn't even be here if you'd just made bread 500.00 yen like every where else..." Harumi said looking down a bit.
Tuning the rest of the conversation out, Masaki waited for the villagers calmed down.

Harumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Slowly approaching one of the attackers, Harumi made a gentle motion of lowering hands to mean 'put it down, no one needs to get hurt.' They did, luckily, and Harumi spoke first:

"Hi, My name is Harumi. I'm a ninja in training here in Iwa, and I was asked to protect this women. Now, what's this all about?" She spoke softly, but not condescending "Ms. Kushima charged outrageous prices, correct?" she continued.

One of them spoke clearly "She's always rude, and charges those prices! She hit me with a broom handle when I complained and yelled at me to get out! I want to do the same to her!" The man yelled.

Harumi sighed and said "Is it really worth all this trouble over expensive bread? I mean, why not just shop somewhere else?" Harumi asked.

"We can't! She won't let us, she's got thugs on every corner "advertising" for her shop. If we shop somewhere else, they go and wreck the place!" He yelled.

Harumi audibly gasped at this sudden realization, Ms. Kushima wasn't the innocent shopkeeper she'd previously thought, thugs? really? Harumi spun around to face Ms. Kushima sitting in the trash. "You! How dare you! You charge these prices and then trash the other stores, what if I were to inform the council?" Harumi interrogated her, firing off accusations and threats, (most of them bluffs) and finished with this "You're gonna apologize and pay for the repairs of the shops you trashed." Harumi said sternly.

"That's crazy! I won't! You can't make me pay for those!" Kushima screamed. "What are you gonna do? Turn me over to them? Then I won't pay!" She threatened.

Notching an arrow in the blink of an eye, Harumi pointed the sharp tipped arrow directly at Kushima "No, I won't turn you over to them, I'll do it myself." Harumi said not taking her golden eyes off of the scared woman. "You will pay, you've wronged these people. Fix it." Harumi said losing the arrow into a bag of trash mere inches from Kushima's head. "People! Is that recompense enough? She'll charge normal prices and pay for repairs. If so, you can return to your day." Harumi said as an attacker lunged at her "Crap! Masaki! Get him!" Harumi yelled tripping backwards.​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back