Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Even Ninja's Have Chores [Open]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Even Ninja's have chores." were the last words he heard from his mother as she ushered him out from the house. He had been to the market many times, he had gone alone sometimes but never to buy groceries. How hard could it be. Stuffing the Yen and his mother's list into his pocket he would make his way over to the Red Oak district. The market was bustling that day, people haggling for lower prices, others peddling their goods. It's not like Tatsuo wasn't used to the market, he was just worried he'd get something wrong. As he neared the grocery store he removed the list from his pocket. Reading it out loud to himself:

"Eggs..
Rice..
Flour..
Sugar..
Noodles.."

Seemed easy enough, at least she hadn't sent him off for anything bizarre. Stuffing the note back into his pocket he took a step into the grocery store. He made his way over to where the rice was, or at least where it should be. However it'd seem he hadn't been paying enough attention last time he went shopping with his mother. He had no idea where anything was. With a puzzled and almost lost look he began to wander around the store squinting at the note in his hand. After little success finding anything he became more and more flustered, his face becoming red and generally looking uncomfortable.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira mumbled something under his breath as his father ushered him out of the house with Aomaru. He kept saying that he needed to discuss something important with some old work associates and didn't want him around the house, so, as per usual, he scooted him out of the house, placed under the car of his ninken, Aomaru who was like an even stricter parent to him.

'Come on, pup. We'll go and get you something to eat in town.'

"Hehe, if you say so," he said to the old dog as the two of them walked down the Oak district, looking for somewhere to eat, "Can we go in here? I want to find some tea for mother," he said, pointing to a small grocery store, allowance in hand.

'Alright, if you wish,' Aomaru said light-heartedly and headed inside of the store with the young shinobi-to-be. He walked up and down several aisles, looking for what he needed until he bumped into another young boy; someone who looked to be around his age, probably another academy student. He looked really confused and upset. Akira looked at him with those wild, beast-like eyes of his.

"Hey, it's you! I've seen you around the academy! Tat....Tashi....Tat...Tatsuo!" Akira finally erupted, triumphantly standing after figuring out his name like he'd just accomplished some kind of great fear. Aomaru joined the two, sitting beside Akira and looking somewhat bemused.

'Are you lost?' The old dog asked the other academy student curiously.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Uh- I mean, I know where I am." Tatsuo would say before shrugging. "I just can't find anything on my list." he would say showing them the list. "I'm in no rush, but if I take too long I bet my mom will think I used the Yen on candy or something." Tatsuo finished with a smile, looking between both the nin-dog and Akira. "Oh, I met you at the academy, I remember." It would seem Tatsuo would begin to calm down a bit, comforted by the fact he had a familiar face in the room. However, he had never met a nin-dog before. He let out a sigh, before scratching the back of his head.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira furrowed his brow a little bit as he kept his gaze on the other, wondering what he was trying to get.

"Well maybe we can help you, Tatsuo!" Akira smiled and gave a brief glance to Aomaru who smirked and gave a nod of his head.

'What things are you looking for?' Aomaru asked, taking half a step closer to the academy student to peer at his list, though he wasn't sure if this guy would welcome the help. Akira took a look up and down the aisles and grabbed a small bag of tea before coming back to Tatsuo, "I can never find anything in here either. It can get pretty annoying."

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She poked her head out from the entrance of the company building all suspicious looking, glancing over her shoulder to make sure the coast was clear on that end. It was after a tiring choreography session with the tiniest window of a break before she had another event coming up. It was too warm today, so what better way to cool down and grab a nice cold drink?

There was an inbuilt cafe here for sure, but nope. Nope, that simply won't do. As much as she liked the company cafe, they did not stock the thing she liked to munch on most in times of stress.

Pocky.

Yume dashed out onto the streets before she could hear her manager yell at her to return, and trotted down the pavement with a cute bowler hat over her head. Her long red hair was tucked up neatly underneath the hat - surely no one would even realise it was Yume, the face behind U<3ME. It was what one would call... hiding in plain sight, right?

Entering the little store of grocer's goods and snacks, Yume slipped through the aisles silently. A part of her stopped upon sights of the ninken dog but she quickly shook it off, hoping for the best that it didn't bark at her or uncharacteristically cower in fear. She didn't have the have the luxury to explain herself. Yume was on a time limit here, and she couldn't afford to stall. Reaching the candy aisle, her blue eyes lit up with glee. One box totally wouldn't be enough, she thought, so she took two: one chocolate flavoured and the other, strawberry.

With the same silence, she crept away towards the exit.

The store keeper watched her evidently sneak by, baffled.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo furrowed his brows as the red head ran past them, she seemed in a hurry, if not worse than he was. Tatsuo then looked to the nin-dog and Akira respectively. "Thank you so much!" he says going to flash them the note once again.

Eggs, Flour, Rice, Sugar, and Noodles.

Tatsuo's face began in a smile as he began to look around, confident in this makeshift team to get the job done. "I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find it, but with some friends help I should be fine, right?" he laughs going to stuff the list back into his pocket. They were currently in the specialty food aisles, filled with items such as candy, tea, and things of the like.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With a care free stride in his step Shinobu made his way through the market street while whistling a nameless tune. With a confident walk he strolled into the grocery store and picked up a basket that he instantly started swinging around like a toy. Moving directly to the dry good aisle he took one arm and just walked down the aisle scooping everything on the instant ramen noodle shelf off and into his basket. Looking down at the last couple that fell in he grimaced. "Ewww gross, vegetable flavor? Why do these even exist?" Grabbing the last couple vegetable cups he tossed them haphazardly back on the shelf. Moving next to the bakery area he scooped three large loaves of bread into his basket and kept a fourth to much on as he moved up to the checkout lines.

Standing in line he started to let his eyes and senses wander around the store. That's when he recognized a familiar chakra signature, his favorite tomb raiding partner was trying to subtly make her way out the front. With his normal lack of social grace he yelled across the front entrance. "HEY HEY! Yume its me Shinobu! Hold up." Leaping out of the line he landed next to her with a shinobis grace. Smiling real big he made a small and polite bow before continuing to talk to her in a more respectful and hushed tone. "Hey, I am so sorry that I missed your brothers funeral. I was planning to make it but must have gotten the times wrong because when I got there everyone had gone already. My deepest condolences truly. I also was wondering if you have gotten a chance to check out my audition tape yet. I tried out to be one of your backup dancers." With an excited and eager look on his face he waited for Yumes answer while oblivious to the other shoppers reactions.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira smiled and nodded, walking up and down the aisles looking for some of the things on Tatsuo's list. The shop was a bit disorganised really but it was nothing a good sift around wouldn't solve. He walked along and grabbed a carton of eggs and a box of fresh noodles and brought them back to Tatsuo with a big, innocent smile on his face. Aomaru had started doing the same thing, bringing a bag of sugar and flour to Tatsuo in his mouth.

"I guess this is most of it! The shop's organisation sucks though, it kind of always has if you ask me," the boy gave a light chuckle, looking down to his father's ninken who was more focused on giving Tatsuo's things to him.

"Normally when I have to get food for my parents, I try to use the money she gives me to buy lollipops, but Aomaru always stops me...."

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume almost stumbled when she got called out and flew into a robotic spiel of a defense. Her eyes darted in between the door and the storekeeper that was staring at her, while her hands waved about frantically. "What! Of course I'll pay for these things, hahaha! Owner, you always put it on the company's tab, right? My manager pays for it all the ti- Oh!"

No one was calling her out for leaving before paying at all. With a flushed face of slight embarrassment, Yume whirled around to face Shinobu. Her eyes were wide stood in confusion along with her smile as she stood to hear what he had to say. For a hot second, she glanced over Shinobu's shoulder to see the two academy students happily chatting amongst themselves while grocery shopping for their families. It was a wonder how the other two kids were still easily in their little cute bubble despite all of this noise.

"Oh..." she blinked. "That's okay, Shinobu-san."

But then he said something peculiar. Yume tilted her head to the side in a cute confusion. "Audition tape? I haven't heard of or seen anything like that. Oh dear..."

Yume clasped her hands together with an eye closed in a quick apology. "I'm so sorry if you have been waiting on our decision! I think it might have gotten lost in the mail! It's alright though, whenever you have time, you can do a walk-in audition at the FiRE E&M Towers!"

Inside, she was ecstatic to hear that someone wanted to apply as a dancer. Usually they would receive idol or entertainer auditions. While that was all nice and she could probably do some really nice collaborations with them, there was something special about having your handpicked dance crew that wasn't company provided.

Her smile brightened, the Pocky incident forgotten as she hoped that he would consider the audition.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Thanks you two!" he'd say following them around and taking the items they would hand over to him until he had quite the load in his arms. "Alright, all is left is a bag of rice which I see right now." he would say his eyes barely peaking over the items in hand. "Thank you guys a lot, I really appreciate it." Tatsuo would seem incredibly excited to have that chore out of the way and satisfied he got to make a new friend out of it too. "Aomaru? Is that hi- er your name?" he would say first to Akira but turning his attention back to the talking dog. "I'm sorry, I've never met a Nin-dog before-" he would stop abruptly, quickly he would look around as if he was scouting the area out before leaning to Akira and whispering. "You know.. I don't think my mom will miss a few Yen.. I hear they have pretty good chocolate here." Tatsuo would then smile again, giggling softly as children do.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aomaru gave a proud bow to Tatsuo after gathering together the last of the things he needed for his chores, 'Inuzuka Aomaru, at your service,' the dog said proudly to the other student, sitting comfortably on the floor. Akira seemed happy to have been of service, giving Tatsuo his friendliest smile.

"You've never met a ninken?" Akira said with a surprised gasp; he was raised around them so he thought everyone had the same upbringing, "Well he never lets me have any fun!"

Aomaru casually rolled his eyes at Akira's explanation, not giving it any more mind. However Akira perked up immediately at Tatsuo's suggestion.

"Heheheheh, that's a really cool idea," Akira chuckled mischievously, taking a brief glance to Aomaru, "we gotta ditch the old dog first, then we'll do it. Let's go and hide!"

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If the two children were waiting for the storekeeper to check out their grocery items, they'd be waiting for a while. The cheery conversation about Shinobu's possible audition at FiRE E&M was cut short, when the storekeeper tapped Yume on the shoulder and muttered something that could possibly be her worst fear.

"EHH?! Oppa isn't paying for me anymore?! The company isn't paying for my Pocky snacks anymore?!"

"... Something about too many carbs for you," was the only answer she got from the interrogation. A hand stretched out towards the idol, expectant for money to be plopped within that palm. Yume looked like she was about to cry.

"B-But... I didn't bring my wallet with me... Owner, you always charged the company without a problem!"

The hand before her shook up and down silently. Either that hand gets money, or it gets back the two Pocky boxes. Yume clung desperately to her snacks against her chest in a hug, her blue eyes glistening more and more as seconds passed. Not even the teary puppy dog eyes can affect this steel nerved store keeper. She was this close.... THIS close to whimpering a sob.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Yume spoke of watching the audition tape Shinobu had sent in, his smile got wider and wider until he was beaming with pride. "Ohhh I might actually make it. I wonder if I will get my own band nickname?" Suddenly getting an odd but familiar sensation in his beard Shinobu looked around like there was about to be trouble. "Hmmm, the beard sense is never wrong, someone is planning something tricky. Did I see a Nin-Dog in here earlier?" Reaching up with his right hand he scratched at his beard as he began looking back around the store. He turned suddenly when he realized the manager had approached Yume and began asking for money. "Oh hey, here I got that Yume-san. " Sliding the shopping basket down to the crook of his elbow Shinobu patted around in his pockets until he found his wallet and pulled out money for the store manager.

After paying for both her food and his Shinobu bowed slightly to the store manager and then took another large bite out of the half eaten loaf of bread in his basket. Turning back to address Yume he began making his way toward the front of the store. "Heh, stupid manager telling you what you can and can't do, Pokey is awesome and shouldn't be denied to anyone." Motioning subtly for Yume to be on her toes he tried to keep an eye out around them for trouble.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo nodded to Aomaru respectfully as he greeted him. "I am Tatsuo, sir?" he says to the dog, wondering if that was the proper way to address him. "Thank you for the help, again." he would then look to Akira, his arms crossing and whispering again. "So.. how do we get rid of him then? I'm pretty sure he is faster than us." There was probably no way Tatsuo could outrun him and the dog seemed much wiser than the two kids as well, he doubted he could outsmart him. "Think if we ask to just play he will leave us alone? He helped me so I don't want to try tricking him or anything, it wouldn't be fair." Tatsuo would then look at the nindog, smiling as he looked to the now available shop keep to purchase his items. Motioning the group to follow he would then make his way over retrieving the yen from his pocket to pay.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira headed over to the counter as well with a devious smirk, forking over the yen for the tea he was getting for his mother. Tatsuo was right; Aomaru had more or less been a shinobi for a lot longer than he had, he'd had his own career in catching criminals. After paying for everything he needed, he headed back out of the shop and thought for a moment, waiting for Tatsuo to follow him out so he could whisper to him.

"Here," he said quickly before Aomaru had a chance to follow, taking off the thin coat he was wearing to keep him warm, "now you have my scent; let's both run separate ways and he won't know which one to chase. We'll give him the slip and meet back at the chocolate shop," Akira looked far too proud of his strategy, triumphant even that he might finally have a chance to outsmart Aomaru.

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume's teary eyes lit up as he paid for her snacks. What a... What a kind soul! She thought with a sniffle. Of course, he had shown that kindness when they were stuck within Hokage Rock looking for that ridiculous treasure. Hugging the Pocky close to her heart and sticking her tongue out at the store owner (who rolled his eyes and shook his head in response), Yume grinned at Shinobu.

"Thank you! I'll pay you back, promise!"

But don't think that'll gain him any bonus points or privileges during his audition.

His glance around the store made her curious, and Yume too looked over to the places he glimpsed at. Once again, her eyes lit up and she giggled under her breath. "Oh you're playing tag!" she exclaimed to the kid that ran past them.

She instantly forgot that she had to be back at the FiRE building for her next bout of work. Turning to Shinobu, her grin was wide and her eyes were bright. "We should totally join them! You're it with the dog!"

As soon as the last word left her lips, Yume turned to run and catch up with one of the kids. The Pocky boxes flew through the air and landed onto the cashier's counter with a plop. "Owner! Hold onto these for me! They're paid for so you better not cheat me out of it!"

Catching up easily to the child's side, whoever it was, Yume winked and waved at him as she now jogged leisurely beside him.

"Hi!"

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shinobu blushed when Yume smiled at him. "Ahhh don't think anything of it Yume-san! Hey did you see those two kids with the Nin-dog... " looking up to see Yume had started chasing after the kids after declaring a game of tag Shinobu smiled and scratched his beard. He gathered his groceries in a small sack before he tied them onto his belt and chased after the others. "Hold up, I wanna play too'" Stumbling out of the door he almost ran into an sweet old lady with a cane. Twisting to the left he tried to tumble around her and tripped over a bench in the process. Leaping up out of the bushes with some dirt on his face he grinned sheepishly and looked around embarrassed. "Sorry Grandma Lady!"

Getting on his feet Shinobu pulled out his half eaten loaf of bread and finished it off in two big bites as he ran after the kid Yume didn't go after. With a mouth full of food he tried to yell. "Hey are you two academy students? Do you know Kenshin-sensei, he's the best!" Disappearing behind a tree momentarily Shinobu raced out and ran next to Tatsuo, he smiled and got a mischievous look in his eye. Today Shiobu wore his newest shinobi outfit, the traditional chuunin garb, the dark navy shirt and pants, but without a flack jacket. Across his chest instead were two bandoleers stacked with numerous giant kunai, and on his back was a weapon holster with several dozen neatly stacked rows of stylized saw-blade shirukens. His Leaf Forehead protector gleamed under his tangle of messy blueish black hair. "Haha, are you guys running from the nin-dog?"

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira had taken off sprinting down the street, hoping to throw Aomaru off the scent to lose him. He giggled and chuckled triumphantly as he ran, Aomaru still at the shop, not really knowing which scent to follow since they both appeared identical. The young student looked to his side at the woman who'd joined him dashing down the street. He was a little caught off guard initially.

"Oh no... did my dad send you?" He asked her with a small gulp.

((Sorry it's so short, I've got a case of flu ^^; ))

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo looks to the older man now running alongside him, he furrowed his brows and seemed a bit offstandish. The man was obviously equipped to the teeth, perhaps he was going to detain him. Maybe this was one of Aomaru’s friends or something? He would have to lose him, and he knew just how. About 20 meters in front of him was a cart going through a tiny alley way. He had to meet Akira back at the chocolate shop anyway, might as well lose this guy and make his way back. As he ran up he cut to the left, because of his small size he was easily able to squeeze the gap between the alley and the cart. Shinobu lacked the size to maneuver through such a small space, if successful it would garner Tatsuo a about a minute’s distance ahead of the pursuing Chunnin.

As Tatsuo continued to run back to the chocolate shop he had cut between another alleyway. However he had bumped into two men. One man was in a white apron and simple clothing, the other was a large imposing man in a dark black shirt over a dark blue pants, wearing a pair of dark sunglasses. The large imposing man was threatening the smaller shop owner, a tight grip around his collar. “You haven’t paid your ‘Taxes’ this week.” he said. The older shopkeeper was able to stutter out, “Bu-business has been slow.. I can’t afford it this week. Next week, I promise.” The man in black didn’t seem too happy about this, shaking his head and saying. “You don’t understand, pal. This isn’t a choice, it’s your taxes or it’s your--” he would say raising his fist. Swiftly Tatsuo would retrieve a kunai from his pack and says, timidly. “H-hey.. Cut it out.” The man in black let go of the shopkeeper, pushing him back violently as he turned to the small academy student.

“What’s your name, kid?” he would say, towering over the eleven year old. “T-Tatsuo R-Ranna.” the kid would stutter out with a worried expression. “Well, Tatsuo Ranna, i’m going to teach you a lesson.” The elderly shopkeeper would then scramble away into his shop, a click of a lock is heard as he slammed the door shut. With that, the man in black went to kick Tatsuo in the chest. “Stay out of adult business.”

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Who's your dad?" she asked, giggling as she shook her head. Her body spun around and she began hopping backwards, rather than running. With a friendly salute and wave, she introduced herself. "I'm Yume! Maybe you've heard me on the radio as-" Her pointer fingers drew an outline of a heart. "U<3ME! Oh, I think I see your dog."

Yume shielded her eyes from the noon, squinting at the smaller bundle of fur exiting the store in either a panic or fury. She couldn't tell. Turning to Akira, Yume hooked an arm around his waist.

"C'mon kid!"

With a powerful spring of her legs, Yume took to the skies. She landed on one of the rooftops, the poor boy still under arm. "Woo! All of those morning workouts really paid off!" she laughed, hopping to the other rooftop next door. Hop, hop. Running around up here is a lot easier than going on foot on the ground. Dogs are faster in running, aren't they? Yume smirked to herself, easily pleased with her escape plan.

The confidence was overboard though. She stepped in the wrong place, her foot slipping off the edge of a rooftop and ultimately jerking her backwards.

'Oh shoot. Think fast!'

There was a thunk from above. Yume's body twisted around, her free hand shooting upwards towards the roof. She managed to cling to the edge, hanging and swinging around slightly on the side of the building while her other arm was still hooked around Akira. He was more stable than she was, he wouldn't be falling anytime soon. Yume looked down at him, giving him a sheepish smile, semi-aware of the altercation of the other kid and man in black below.

"Are you okay, kiddo? Sorry about that."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back