Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

From the Bow to the Plow [B-Rank Team Modded]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OoC: Mission for Koa and Kuroya - Let me know if you want your objectives and things you find out separate as well in an OoC Spoiler at the bottom of posts when they update; you two already know your team mission objectives, starting point location (this thread's OP location), and you each know your own branch objectives separately as well so feel free to share and/or not share as you see fit with each other.)

The man looked around hesitantly adjusting his sash on his outfit, he would normally be getting ready at the temple for worship around this time but tonight was different. He felt out of place and restless. Unsure and out of his comfort zone he tried to calm himself. After hearing word from one of the worshipers he figure this was the course of action he should have taken mostly, but he had his doubts…

One of the worshipers had confided to him and sought advice and counsel on what to do about what had happened to a relative. The tale of the relative seemed barbaric in a way, being beaten for speaking out on a difference of opinion wasn't something commonly seen but lately it seemed to be on the rise involving one man or group in particular. Stating one didn't think the shinobi in Earth Country were useless and that they made life easier by some means didn't seem like a crime or something that would normally anger someone to a fit of rage. Granted farmers wouldn't have a ‘cushy’ life ever but to beat a man for a different opinion break ribs broken and such was too much. Ango wondered though, was this the best he could do to help? He had let the council and local government of Iwa known and offered assistance however he could but he was not a man of negotiations or a man of force. All that was asked was he take a boat when two shinobi showed up to where it had been rumored to be a meeting place to arrange another rally from the man in question. Being a militant leader speaking out against shinobi didn’t mean he was brave, far from it from what reports had stated from initial investigations it was usually in secret. It made sense since anyone in their right mind talking about Shinobi in their own lands really should expect them to come knocking eventually on your door if you cause trouble for others besides just talk.

So Ando had a simple task; take the two out on the Great Lake by moonlight. It seemed simple enough for him but he wondered how the two shinobi would deal with the militant leader, should he tell them why he wanted to get involved? Would it matter? Waiting at the meeting spot looked around it was close to dusk. They would most likely be showing up soon. Hopefully they had a better idea of how to go about doing these things since besides eavesdropping he really had no idea what they’d be doing.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

It was time for a mission, something that the med-nin had neglected for the past few months. She didn't really mean to do this, and as such, would feel a tad nervous about delving into the nitty gritty world of shinobi once more. Koa had gained new found confidence, after the whole incident with the creature that cursed her with a new found power; an ability to walk beside the dead and raise them as she saw fit. But this power, this ability, didn't change or warp her personality as one might expect - it only reinforced her, gave her confidence, despite the looming threat of her dealer's words. Regardless, it was a new day for the new woman; Koa rose from her satin sheets and ventured out of her door, dressed provocatively for the very conservative woman.

Wearing but a blue corset and black, skin-tight, trousers with complimenting black heels the woman wanted to try something different, out of her comfort zone. Koa's long flowing brown hair was gushed from left to right by direction of the wind. She would make her way from her home in the Inner Maruishi to the meeting point, where both she and another were suppose to meet a boatman who would ferry them to the gathering of the militant leader. The doctor didn't really know what to expect with a man who wasn't a shinobi but was courageous enough to go against them - he would have something backing him up, clearly. Koa would approach the ferry, the duo's transport, and narrow her eyes as the boatman came into sight.

Her black heels clanked against the wooden plateau, the stillness of the lake felt quite enchanting to say the least. Koa would look to her left, and then to her right, noticing all of the farming areas lined the lake's body. After she looked, the doctor would continue forward and met the man with a gentle smile and an extended handshake, "Ando, correct?" Koa would continue, should the man accept her gesture or not, "I'm Koa, I'll be leading this mission - I can't thank you enough for your help."

The two had a missing detail of all the gathered information about this mission, and their branch objectives. She would be unsure about the boatman just for the simple fact that he could be anyone, to say the least, a hired goon perhaps or maybe he was just someone that had drafted himself in to help? Koa wouldn't know, she couldn't see between the lines of a closed book, only time would tell what agenda the boatman had for helping - to her knowledge, he was assessed as no immediate threat.

"We're just waiting for another to join us and then we can get started, but once again: thank you." She would say gently, gracefully descending onto the boat with an uneasy step.

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
1ef83f3d-3f25-45c3-a750-8c564f2b634e_zps36a4364b.jpg

As the young man looked out across the sky he could tell it was time for him to start on the mission that had been entrusted to him by Lightning-sama. With a deep sigh Kurayo pulled his long flowing white hair back behind his head and tied it swiftly with a piece of cord. His bangs still hung over parts of his face as his menacing red eyes glared out into the sky above. This was not the fun and overly childlike Kurayo that man have been around but this was The Guardian of Madness Kurayo. his personality was darker and colder in many forms. His normal bright colored outfits had been changed as he was dressed in a black finely tailored coat that hung down towards his feet nicely and neatly. Dressed in a black dress vest and pants and boots of the same color. The only bit of color was his light violet tinged cravat that sat nicely around his neck along with the bits of violet tinged fabric that was to be seen around his sleeves from the elegant shirt that hid below the black attire.

With a scoff and a annoyed feeling the man made his way steadily towards the appointed meeting point as to start this mission. Kurayo hated working and not being able to get out of this mission even as he had tried only more annoyed him this night.

Kurayo could see as he was nearing the point that two figures stood out before him. He assumed one was the boat ferry person and the other would be the other shinobi he would be working with over this mission. With Kurayo moving closer he put his hand into his pocket and pulled forth a pair of light grey silk gloves and placed them on his hands.

As Kurayo neared the area his cane that he held as he walked in his right hand made a clank sound as he took his steps towards the two.
Kurayo looked around silent before speaking, his gaze found Koa who he had met a few times before only in a far different mood then this current one.
"Excuse me, Ando is you I assume correct? " As he gave the man a nod of acknowledgment.
With a slight step her turned his position towards Kao. "It seems to have been a while Koa, I suppose we shall be working this mission together then." He bowed slightly as he spoke to Koa as he felt like being in a formal manner.

"Well shall we get this mission going then?" Kurayo asked as he stepped into the boat and sat down.
"Lets see what wonderful adventures this shall bring us." He muttered to himself as he looked out over the water.

[OOC WC: 462]
[MFT]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ando was brought out of his self-contemplation by someone saying his name. He found himself shaking hands with someone, a lady, who was going to be leading the mission from what they said. His eyes were still blinking and registering what she meant as he stared at her and her outfit. He was about to say yes when someone else showed up. This individual knew his name it seemed as well. Since the two knew each other from their dialogue he felt for the most part out of the loop. He only knew he’d be meeting two people and ferrying them out really details on what else he could do might be up to the one leading. He hadn’t been out on the lake for some time he thought suddenly not since he was a teenager and as the sun set he looked from the wardrobe of the two shinobi down to himself in simple tan linen pants and shirt with sandals.

”Uh yes… I am Ando. Please look after me and thank you for do this.” he finally stammered out moving to get the party into the small ferry boat and shove off. He muttered to himself doubts of if he wore something appropriate as he moved to the stern and began to ferry the duo out onto the lake. With the last of the light of the sun on the horizon vanishing the time seemed to pass quickly enough, in the dim light the three saw a slight fog rolling in. Ando eventually stopped and looked around thinking he was in the right spot. It was peaceful in a way besides the soft lap of water the boat, the sound of insects, night birds, and amphibious life prattled on around them. Besides the sights and sounds of nature after dark around them it seemed rather quiet.

”I think we’re where we’re suppose to be.” Ando whispered in the darkness looking around, ”uh, I guess we wait?” he added a bit confused on what else to do.

(OoC: Interlude time – Feel free to ask Ando questions or simply wait until the initial meeting happens. Also who’s sitting in the middle and who’s sitting at the bow (front of the boat) it’s about one person wide if you’re sitting. Ando’s in the back sitting now wondering what to do.)

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Koa sat at the front of the boat, her legs crossed politely as she awaited for the second person to join herself on a mission of relative importance. She would stare off into the distance, eyes dulled with nothing to really pay attention to, but all that crackled into the distance as the sound of footsteps approached. The doctor would turn to face the pier, not quite on eye level, watching as a familiar face made his way from beginning to end; Kurayo. He looked a little different and had himself armed with a cane for some particular reason. "Kura." She would say with a polite, yet surprised tone, grasping his hand and formally shaking it despite his formal bow. "I've missed you so much." She said sincerely as he boarded the boat. "I hope you've been keeping yourself out of trouble and not melting your iced treats." Something seemed different about Koa, her very presence felt more asserted and yet as familiar as the day when they first met but certainly something had changed within her.

"We will look after you, Ando. You're doing more than we could ask of you by helping us out, and for that we are grateful." The doctor would make her feelings clear about how grateful she was for the man's help as he really didn't have to. He could've just not bothered and assistant with the militant leader but no, he chose a different path and one that was righteous in the eyes of the law. The boat would roll to a stop, where a slight layer of fog would embank across the membrane of the water. Koa would take this opportunity to dip her fingers into the precious resource, splashing her fingers around like a child for a moment but doing so quietly. It was the little things.

"Ando, if you could, could you tell us about the level of security that will be present during the meeting?" She would turn, arching her body around Kurayo, so that she could speak to Ando directly rather than through a body. "Also, if the security is quite low, we could find a way to sneak past and into his private quarters. Although, that all depends..."

[Small post. Just asking questions till we're ready!]

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Kurayo showed very little emotion even as he hand was gripped by Koa and shook as to greet him in place of his formal bowing. "It has been a while Koa, you look well." He said while smiling slightly as to not be cold to her as it was not her fault he was in this mood in any sense. Shaking his head as he sat down into the middle of the boat. "No, staying out of trouble is something I have yet to accomplish as I am sure you would imagine." The comment about the ice treats was true he had often lost them during the warmer days, causing much heartache for Kurayo when he was not on a mission.

Kurayo looked at Ando and nodded to the man. "Yes do not worry we shall see to your safety, as well thank you for your help with taking us to where we are needed." As the boat had slowed to a stop the Guardian had began to already take in his surroundings as to make best use of this time.

He listened as Koa asked the man if he had any prior knowledge as to the detail on the security that would be in place during this meeting. "Hmm yes if it is lax it may be best to move in first and prepare instead of waiting for too long." Kurayo wanted this to be over as swiftly as possible but as safely and tactically precise as well.
This choice in movement would all depend several factors that could come into play during this mission.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suddenly being thanked caused Ando to bow a bit either out of nervousness or politeness he explained it wasn’t really anything much. The man’s comment made him nervous though since he didn’t sound like he was making a joke. He was thankful to know if something happened that was actually dangerous there were more able bodies around than himself to take care of things or him.

If Koa took the time to look down into the water when she caused a few ripples she would see in the low light what looked like the end of a small scaled tail of some sort before it vanished into the waters again.

Being put on the spot Ando scratched his head, ”I don’t really know about the security until I see it, I guess there’s going to be people…I figure if I was a mean guy preaching all that righteousness and beating people though I don’t think he’ll be at the meeting. Since he doesn’t talk kindly of the Village of Iwa or ninjas and we’re pretty close to the village still he’d probably send someone to find out the meeting place in a remote, oddly creepy area like this… well if I was him I’d probably show up myself but I’m not all that bright at doing all this secret meeting type stuff. I figure if we see any lights the meeting is about to start otherwise you’d never know someone was close to you out here unless you bumped into them in this kind of fog. ” he commented in a whisper looking around.

”Now that I think about it there were always those tales of people getting ‘taken’ out here at night by creatures in the water…” Ando mused absentmindedly in the area. The visibility was low and he didn’t know that much really it seemed. With time to wonder he seemed to be thinking of unnecessary things at random.

The sudden bump of something on the side of the boat and a splash Ando jolted out of his state of inattentiveness and looking around with his oar in front of him. With the suddenly scrapping sound and plop behind Kuroya Ando seemed to turn quite pale. If Koa could see behind Kuroya Ando had crawled up onto the very end of the boat and started shaking and pointed at something behind Kuroya.

The sudden sound of something between a bull frog croak and the meow of a cat chirped up from behind Kuroya. If he turned halfway he’d see a small lizard like creature sitting upright on its haunches while it regarded him with a tail wagging slightly and a head slightly cocked. It seemed to sniff the air and get closer to him gingerly watching him. Ando tried to scoot his oar close to fling the beast back into the water but it turned and hissed like a cat making an odd sounded growl before Ando suddenly stopped and retracted his oar back to his perch far away from the beast. Unbothered it regards Kuroya again his tongue flicking out over its face licking from all over itself (even its eyes).

If the situation wasn’t odd enough Koa and Kuroya would also see in the far distance a small glowing amber light.

(OoC: Something glowing or a lantern is starting to make its way onto the lake going somewhere. Creature is staring at Kuroya and seemed curious plus has hissed at Ando who tried to poke/fling him out of the boat with an oar.)

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Koa felt comfortable, confident even, in her own abilities and that of her companion; Kurayo. She didn't know who he really was but if he was indeed a Guardian then the impression that the woman felt towards him was one of praise. Before her acquirement of new power, the doctor often respected the Guardians with the utmost respect and unwavering loyalty however that changed somewhat in the past several weeks. She didn't feel week anymore and didn't require to look up to those who were on a higher status than her; it felt quite great. The confidence boost would be noticed from Kurayo given their last encounter. But all of these thoughts dribbled from her mind at the sudden ripple upon the membrane of the water. Koa screwed up her eyes and cocked a noise from her mouth, edging her head closer towards the water before noticing something in the water. It was really just, probably, some form of fish - she thought.

Ando would proceed to fill the gap in conversation, however, with insightful information regarding the mission. She was interested in what he had to say, although more so when he spoke about the creature that was in the waters - it had taken people, according to stories? Koa raised both eyebrows, arching them towards each other with a worried expression. How could you really react to that, well maybe with a mild interest, but more else a little unsettled - even from the woman who dilly-dallied with death - the unknown was still displeasing. The bump on the side of the boat, rocked both the boat and nerves. Koa looked bewildered, her eyes scanning the lake for signs of attack, but after searching for nothing through the veil of fog - her eyes would be diverted to those who sat behind her. Ando, face as white as chalk, looked on towards a creature whom had hitched a ride on the boat. It looked happy, on first glance, given that its tail wagged and it seemed to cock its head in interest. Koa would half-smile, body slightly stiff in shock, but would be unfrozen at the sound of the creature hissing everytime the ore made its way towards him/her/it.

"Ando, I don't think it's a good idea to annoy the little guy..." She would say gently, edging towards the creature, with her hand outwards and an approving expression as if to signify that she meant no harm. "Hey there, cutie." Koa would add reaching to its face, attempting to rub the scales on its head. Although it didn't have an interest in Koa, she had one in it, it did however seem to like Kurayo.

Of in the distance, a small glimmering light would be clairvoyant through the fog - "Heads up."

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Kurayo listened to Ando as he gave his reply to Koa and his inquiry about security, it did not surprise Kura that he knew nothing as this was not someone would keep an eye on such openings. "That is fine Ando we shall keep watch then, I appreciate her aid and advice you have given towards this subject matter." Kurayo was being honest he did feel thankful for this man's aid as he had no need to assist the shinobi in such as task, but he did and that meant something to Kura"
Kura also had noticed a difference in Koa sense their first meeting a while back, her confidence seemed different in ways and she seemed to move a sense of personal strength in her eyes. She seemed to have a pride and her eyes did not show doubt as she spoke, though Kurayo did not know her well though it did stand out to him. As he listened even more towards Ando as he spoke a topic of those unfortunate people that have been spirited away from this lake in the night. It was not something that odd to hear as most villages and areas tend to have some lore or myth, even if they are not always what they are made to sound like in stories.
"Hmm that is interesting Ando, well let us hopefully not encounter such events this night then." He said as he cracked a bit a smile for the first time this evening with a bit of a snicker or laughing quietly to himself. As Ando finished speaking of the myths and legends of this lake a small bump hit the side of the boat splashing some water along with it. The man could only imagine the cosmic humor or speaking of the devil only to have him come join in to help tell his own story with you.

Kura felt a slight weight shift on the side of the boat, even if only the tiniest of shift he noticed it as this is what he trained to be aware of at times. As he began to think yet again of some giant water serpent towering over the boat 30ft tall and breathing ice and fire down on Iwa his attention was taken back as a sound of a bull frog cat came from behind him. As Kura was aware he did not pack such a thing for this mission, though he did think the idea of such a thing was amusing in many ways.

Kura watched Ando as he seemed to be in a state of panic as he took his oar and moved it towards this sound that was behind him. A hiss came and the somewhat weary words of Koa's advice towards him. As the events where going on Kura took a moment to slowly reach into his coat and pull out a small item, it was hard to see in the darkness and not what most shinobi would bring on such things. With a bit of interest Kura turned towards the noise with this item on his hand, his mood had indeed improved and this small creature had won the mood at this point. With a sense of kindness and amusement Kurayo reached the item in his hand towards the creature to show him the object. It was one of Kurayo's typical treats that he often carried, a lollipop to be exact, grape flavor was a wonderful one to Kura and he figured this little lizard thing may enjoy such.
"Here you go little guy, this is for you, it is a tasty candy so enjoy it please."
Kurayo was drawn away from the small creature as Koa called for the attention as she seemed to be aware of something that was around, besides the small creature.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OoC: I’ve been spelling on of your names wrong… my apologies)

Having bowed from the gracious thanks from Kurayo and the thoughts of being on watch things changed slightly and escalated quickly. At least from Ando’s point of view. Having retreated to the very back of the boat perched like a gargoyle for defensive reasons he decided to use one of the best techniques to seem harmless in his mind at the time… not move at all. Stones rarely were attacked by creatures, especially odd little ones like this right? Having a mental mantra to be a stone repeated in Ando’s head and he tried not to move or shake in fear. Taking the advice from Koa to heart he wondered how they could be this calm with that thing looking at them. Shinobi were probably a different breed he thought since a normal person would be scared. Feeling something in his stomach turning slightly and the acid taste in his mouth he quickly swallowed hard with a gulp and just watched on. Hopefully the people seemed calm could deal with this. As Koa started to extend a hand Ando had to look away fearful of what might happen. The comment of saying Heads up had him looking at the light in the distance. It was definitely getting closer slowly. Hopefully the creature didn’t like such things and would leave. Between his mantra to be like stone he added in a line for the little creature to be scared of lights.

Sniffing the air as it as it padded closer to Kurayo it seemed to be inspecting or searching for something by scent when focused on his hand. It seemed to hum almost as it got closer as Kurayo offered it a piece of candy. Sniffing the new thing it back away slightly and seemed indifferent at first sniffing it as well once set down. Licking it several times it made a slight hacking sound a webbed claw swabbing the insides of its mouth as it regarded the odd nasty tasting thing. Looking back at Kurayo and then the odd thing he seemed in thought on what to do as Koa got closert.

It seemed to bob its head down to avoid being touched by Koa at first but warmed up in a way to the petting and seemed to hum again a bit of droll escaping from its mouth showing several serrated teeth as its mouth hung open. Koa would notice the moist skin of the creature felt smooth and leathery. If she didn’t know the creature was alive she would think it had the sensation of what a dead animal would feel like. Maybe it was just the fact it was cold blooded came to mind. Distracted by the light for a bit Koa would leave the little creature to its own devices. Looking up at the two while they were looking off it got distracted as well suddenly batting the lollipop and watched it skid away. A small claw scratched at it as he pounced about for a bit. It was playful in a way to those watching maybe but it was clear by its movements it was a small predator. Its tail started to shaking violently going rigid as it made biting sounds as if eating something before it slammed the tip of its tail down on the defenseless candy shattering it before retracting away to watch it’s work before swatting it away again. The tip of the creature’s tail looked like it had a small pointy bone slowly retracting having suddenly jutted out during the attack.

It stared at the two expectantly as if it had just accomplished something rather spectacular having defeated the lollipop. The tip of its tail tip seemed to be dripping something as well.

The two mostly if focusing on the light and watching would notice it moving perpendicular to them probably from another part of the lakeside moving out onto the lake. Another series of lamps came to light in the distance with the two sets slowly get closer together.

If they were paying attention to the creature they’d realize it was trying to climb into Kurayo’s lamp, if allowed Kurayo would discover the little one didn’t just have front claws and would probably have to clench his jaw to not make any sound from the slight pain. If allowed the creature would probably start looking towards the lights as well, it’s neck looking surprisingly long sitting upright.

(OoC: Small claw marks around the boat, Looks like the meet is going down a fair distance from your boat, you can either swim out or coax Ando to put on his big boy pants and move the boat closer to listen in. The creature seems interested in what’s going on now too.)

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The creature, whatever it was, was just too adorable. Koa came to the conclusion that it didn't mean any harm given that it hadn't attack already, which was really a telltale sign of it being relatively harmless. It's gestures seemed to promote this idea, too. The nameless creature budded its head towards Kurayo, licking at a sweet he had placed on his palm for it to eat. The creature swallowed the sweet whole, much to the Chief's amusement. "He's too cute..." When Koa's hand moved towards its head, the creature avoided contact timidly, but after a few wary seconds the touch from the woman seemed to cause some appeal.

It allowed her, graciously, to pet away - this caused her to become far too distracted with the creature, lost in its beauty - its skin was moist, smooth and leather like. She just wanted to adopted it and cuddle it through the night. Who needed a man when you had this bundle of cuteness? But nevertheless, the Chief had to pay attention to the lamp from afar - it still veiled itself within the temperament of the fog. What was that light, she would think, as their little companion creature had its own battle with the sweetie given to it by Kurayo. Another a few moments past and a series of lamps move across the lake from the embankment, this peeked the Chief's interested sharply.

She would turn to Kurayo, noticing that the little creature was trying to climb onto his lap, but she would smile and tilt her head watching the little thing. "We've got more lamps ahead." Koa would add with her finger firmly pointed to the direction of where the other lamps were coming from. "We should try and get closer, Ando." She would turn her attention to the little creature, its interest peeked too by the lamps, and there was a slight notion that maybe it could help but it was highly doubtful that the idea of asking the creature to help would work. "Kurayo, stay with Ando and our little friend, move as close as possible and get rid of the boat's light. I'll try and swim closer."
Koa was adept at water ninjutsu, it came hand in hand with her bloodline kekkei genkai ice, something that worked in her favor at this moment in time. She would gently push herself over the edge of the boat, submerging her body into the chilled water with a slow pace before doggy paddling towards the boat. This way the group could cover more area.

[ Sorry, I'm late! :( ]

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurayo watched with great enjoyment as the little creature looked at the treat he had given him. It was like watching a small child in many ways as he seemed to not be sure of what to make of the candy. This was far more entertaining to Kurayo then the mission in truth as the reason he was out here had not a thing to do with a small lake monster like thing of sorts. "Hmmm do you have a name little guy?" Kurayo paused as he decided even if he had a name he should be given another one for no real reason other than that was this moments whim. "Hmmm how about Steve, or maybe Godzilla? Can I call you Steve the Godzilla little guy?" He said as he smiled at the little lizard fellow as he smashed the lollipop with its tail on the inside of the boat. This event caused Kura to smile as he praised Godzilla for his amazing abilities.

As normal Kura had lost focus of the mission till Kao informed him that more lights had appeared. "I guess it's about time to work then huh Koa." He said with a sigh as he knew he would having to be earning his living in a short amount of time. As the mission started to come into focus in Kura's mind the little Godzilla creature began to climb into his lap, this did not bother Kura as he imagined the havoc he and the little guy could cause after the mission back in Iwa for amusement. The little Godzilla had sharp claws it seemed as he climbed into his lap making Kura take notice as the stabbed in the skin of his legs.

"Ok Koa Godzilla Ando and I will get as close as we can." He gave a nod she entered the water to make her way towards the lights on her own. "Be safe Koa, Ando Godzilla are you both ready." Kura spoke lightly as he patted the top of Godzilla's head lightly.

[OOC WC: 337]
[MFT]

[Don't worry about it Kamaru I do not mind at all. Also sorry for the time it has taken to get back on the site. Moving atm and just got net a few hours ago again]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koa’s focused moved from the mild entertainment to the prospects of the mission at hand. Kurayo seemed to have made a new friend of sorts as the four of them watched the lanterns getting closer, the audible from Koa putting everyone into Mission mod besides ‘Steve’. With more of the boat free of the small hellion’s reign of terror Ando seemed to stand in the back of the boat as he listened to the discussion. With the fog it would definitely be easier to get closer but as Koa slipped over the boat’s side into the water he figured he wouldn’t be able to get that close compared to the woman in the water, ”I could probably get us within hearing distance but stepping onto their boat or even an easy jump is a bit much without being seen.” he whispered to Kurayo and company from afar least he rile up the bundle in Kurayo’s lap. As Koa dog paddled closer the scene was most clear to her although do to Ando’s maneuvering all could see the exchange and hear for the most part. The two boats seemed to stop a distance away from one another before two men stood out from the rest; it looked to be about a dozen people besides the two figures standing out representing each boat.

Holding up something to each other they spoke a phrase, Koa noticed it was a seal or crest of some sort probably to signify they were not an imposter.

One of the men suddenly spoke out.

” Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” one stated bowing slightly the seal cupped in his hands in front of him.

”A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past” the other stated bowing as well the seal hanging from some cord from the man’s thumbs as his hands remained clasped together.

With the odd statements and greetings the boats tossed ropes to one another pulling closer so the smaller boat could easily manage people coming off and on.

The groups exchanged greetings seemingly calling each other ‘brother’ from Koa point of view. She was the one to hear the details in the slide white noise of people talking about various things from the weather to local and regional new to thoughts of harvest for the coming seasons.

It seemed a brewer was away on business and those on his property the night of the meeting would be sedated so they would not know of the meeting on their property, it was within walking distance of many in the region and for the most part secluded.

The name of the village that was closest to the brewer’s land and workshop with the Akatsuchi Farmlands was given. The meeting would be in three days. Local people would know about it from meetings at local taverns those interesting in joining the cause would be showing up for possible recruiting.

With most of the details discussed the people and boats moved to break apart when Koa saw an oar flashing down into the water violently. An odd combination of what sounded like squeak and yelp was heard and the man with the oar inspected the water where he had hit. The shaking sound of small peas in a dried pod could be heard, the sounds of the night seemed to vanish. A shadow leaped out of the water onto the man with the oar causing him to scream, the meaty sound of flesh and bone rending could be heard over his shrill cry of panic or help that seemed to stop in his throat.

”TAKERS!!!” someone yelled frantically the boats trying to move away from one another the smaller boat trying to avoid conflict with the attackers.

Koa would notice several other shadowy creatures seem to leap onto the boat the crew frantic to get away from the water invaders or to get the boat moving out of the area. They are about two thirds bigger in size than ‘Steve’, they also seemed to be stabbing their victims when they could with their tails much like Steve had done to the candy which seemed to silence them.

Kurayo would notice ‘Steve’ hearing the sounds of violence putting a front paw on the side of the boat it’s claws coming out and raking the side of the boat causing deeper grooves than before than his ‘playful’ swipes, an odd malicious sound emitting from the small creature surprisingly loud for something so small. It’s mouth lay slightly agap exposing several serrated teeth as it watched the scene unfold. It turned to look at Ando slowly its tail starting to rattle like that of a rattlesnake as a bonelike spike ebbed from the tip of its tail a greenish secretion glistening in the moonlight.

Ando quick to take the hint put down the oar and backed away to his perch again as if being held up by several large bandits versus a creature one tenth his size.

[You guys notice the messenger to get the information is escaping, the crew with the information is under attacker, you also know why the creatures don’t like oars it seems. Feel free to RP as you like, you have few obligations for the next few days ICly it seems.]

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kura let out a small sigh as it seemed all hell had broken loose on this lake as the larger Godzilla's named Takers began to eat his targets. With a look at the little creature sitting by him he would shake his head and pat the little seemingly angry fellow on the head and give him a smile. "Alight lil guy want to go with me and beat up some bad guys?" The thought of leaving Godzilla on the boat did not seem wise for Ando's safety and he may be in need of the little creature himself to if attacked get the older beings to not eat him. With a kind look her would turn his head back to Ando and give him a nod as a way of saying thank you.

Kurayo began forming hand seals one after another as a thick fog moved in over the lake as the first hand seal had been finished as the other seals calling forth two dark shadowy forms with a vague appearance of the Guardian himself. He would motion for one of the clones to follow the man fleeing that was trying to obtain the information from the boat under attack. The second clone was hiding within the shadows of the night and thick fog in search of possible unseen foes lurking around. His final seal created another clone that came from the water and made its way to the boat being attacked to get what he needed from these men if anything.

With that done the man gave another nod to Ando and motioned with his head for the little creature to follow him as he landed on top of the water and began to creep closer towards the boat being attacked in hopes of making this quick and then quickly catch up with the clone that was shadowing the other boat.

"Don't let them eat me k lil buddy?" He said with a smile and even though this was a bit of a joke he hoped that because he was tagging along with him that the larger Takers would not attack him and he would leave them alone as well, at least that was what he hoped.

[OOC: Jutsu used: Hidden Mist (M), Specter Shadow, Elemental Clone (Water Base)]
[OOC: Kura and water clone and Godzilla are headed to the boat being attacked while 1 of the shadow clones tracks the 2nd boat and the last Shadow Clone keeps lookout for other threats.]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The small lizard seemed to understand slightly what Kurayo said simply watching the events unfold and bit down repeated in quick succession as if already eating something by the sounds it was making and the way it’s jaw was moving. Given he knew what Kurayo had in mind as he stood up on his hind legs watching the scene before scrambling around the man clawing his way up with a surprising degree of agility to perch on the man’s shoulder ready to go. He looked at the other Kurayo’s his head cocking to the side possibly not sure what to make of it.

As he got closer Ando was left alone on the boat until a blob of vegetation flopped over the lip of the boat causing him to start to scream before he held his hand over his mouth in fear. Koa flopped in more serpentine in mannerisms as she lay there grimacing she mumbled it was her as she tossed clumps of dead vegetation over the side. She inhaled slightly seeing the large slug attached to her side and pried it free slowly with a scalpel, purplish liquid oozed from punctures in her skin as she worked to analyze and work through what had happed. She had thought it was just a piece of driftwood that had jabbed her side until it felt like it was on fire and she swam back thankfully. Looking around she realized Kurayo and ‘Steve’ were gone. Working focused on her own situation she tried to counter the poison as it rushed through her system.

Meanwhile Kurayo saw firsthand what Steve’s relatives were capable. He was close enough to see the deck of the boat was wet in places with more than just water. With the Taker's gone what was left was the aftermath of their counterattack from the random carnage he could tell the deck was surprisingly vacant of moving humans. Steve slipped off his shoulder into the waters with a soft plop realizing 'free buffet'. Kurayo saw at least one man that looked like he was just to go out of it probably (shock) from the blood loss since he was slumped over the deck missing his right arm and left leg. The other smaller boat had made quite a bit of distance away now but it seemed to have gotten away without being attacked meaning the target knew where to meat up for the actual secret meeting came to mind.

Kurayo hears someone raspily say ‘Ku… Raa.’ From the direction of the boat in the silence.

[You have one guy that looks like he’s still alive ‘ish’ on the larger boat, the smaller one is escaping for the most part, you don’t see Koa, someone is calling your name (66% of it anyway). You’re choice on the option to take investigate/interrogate on the big boat, chase the small one (hardest task), look for Koa, figure out who can’t say your name fully.]

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kurayo watched Steve slide off his shoulder into the water to enjoy his dinner he watched the boat for any clues before moving over to the barely alive man who seemed to be falling into shock.

"Hey I can help you but you are going to have to work with me and tell me what I need to know ok?" Kura said as he kneeled next to the dying man showing some since of pity in hopes of making this easy on him and the man on the boat over here and there it looked like. The voice of a person calling his name or trying to was faint but he was unsure of who it was in truth as he could not see Koa among any of the area.
He would send the water elemental clone he had made off to find the source of the person attempting to call out his name. The clone headed off into the direction the sound seemed to be coming from as he had hoped the clone could find it as the first shadow clone stalked the fleeing boat.

"I can send for a medic and have one here fast but you are going to need to tell me everything about EVERYYTHING and you know what I mean." His eyes would meet the man's as if telling him he was not deceiving him at all. "I am sure you have loved ones that you want to return to and that would not want to see you die here like these beside you that have become food for the lake." He hoped this man valued his own life more than that of some order and the thoughts of loved ones to return to would help further his reasoning.

"I can try and slow the bleeding for now but I am not a medic myself as this will only be able to buy you some time till I can get a medic here."
He would place his hands on the man and begin to transfer chakra into the man in hopes that he could close some of the wounds and control the bleeding.

[OOC: Jutsu used on man is Mystical Hand: Rank 1]
[OOC: One Shadow clone still stalking fleeing boat/ Water Clone is searching for the voice calling the Kura and 3rd Shadow clone still lurks and Steve is eating XD]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man mostly out of it seemed to be trying to focus on Kurayo as he talked. A bargain of sorts the man listened to was his life for his loyalty, forsake the cause to live another day.

”Help me? *Cough* *cough cough cough*” he began shocked before going into a small fit of coughing and a smirk peeled over his lips, ”Loved ones? My kin are all dead thanks to the shinobi of Iwa. Didn’t think he would have had extra mercenary security in case something happened to the courier. The leader didn’t think we’d keep quiet so he killed us off? But to use outsiders is in poor taste... No offense, what you going to do with the information? Sell the information to those dogs in Iwa? All high and mighty cus they can use those fancy ninja skills…They will meet their hardships soon.” he continued before going into a fit of coughs again as his voice rose.

”My kin are dead because of those ninjas and I only have one leg to stand on? You think you can help me? A medicine man can’t save me we both know that.” he stated bitterly too loyal and prideful to die peacefully or give up a shred of information. A small plop onto the deck and some scampering had Steve look at the two with an arm in his mouth which he dropped wagging his tail proud of the underwater expedition. Considering the size of the arm was that of a grown man to the small creature it was actually pretty impressive or Steve’s neck and jaw muscles were just that strong.

”My arm…” the man breathed before Steve laid into his snack to the man’s shock and horror. Steve’s teeth gnashed and ground thru bone and flesh ravenously before making an odd hacking sound and spitting out something not part of the arm, a coin on a cloth of sorts.

”You’re controlling them? Your monster! Give me the M-marker.” he accused starting to wobble slight and fell to his side before he attempted to flop towards the large coin disc and his arm since the disc was dangerously close to the water’s edge again. The man had been slowing down as he talked before but now he paused between each word. Steve noticing the human coming towards his meal picked it up and dragged it away growling since he found it fair and square and didn’t want to share. He looked up at Kurayo blinking a few times and moved back and dropped a few fingers in front of Kurayo though since he liked him before going back to his meal with abandon.

This would probably seem odd to Kurayo the man’s life for what was going on didn’t seem to matter to him but the marker supposedly did. Also he was under the impression it seemed the ‘Takers’ were being controlled by him. His eyes seem to be losing focus but he’s smiling at the marker his mouth age.

Meanwhile the Water Clone found a scene on slight concern and disappointment when he zero’d in on the sounds. Koa was providing emergency treatment to herself but seemed to have it under control but Ando had some wiggling black mass pinned down with an oar and was shaking and looking around.

Ku-ku-kurayo... Heeeelp!” he squeeked out softly. He didn’t want to yell too loudly least the Takers come and gobble him up as well. The leech seemed to be able to survive a bit submerged partially in the water at the bottom of the boat and had flopped around a bit trying to attach to something. Fortunately the Water Clone couldn’t sigh but it was apparent Ando was barely competent enough to defend himself against the thing. With one Shadow clone moving to the limits of the range it could from its caster he watched the smaller boat move out of his range. No one on board had looked back and spotted him so it seemed since they got what they wanted assisting in the encounter wasn’t on their list of things to do. The other Shadow Clone found little to do since nothing else was really going on above the water.

[OoC: Mystical hand used but the man is pretty pale, seems to be at the final stages of shock due to blood loss, you can tell he’s lost a lot of blood (plus it’s on the deck) even with your help he’s starting to shake. You can tell the item is probably important but getting information out of him now seems next to impossible. Water Clone can probably one shot the leech no problem. Koa is stabilizing herself. Encounter and pursuits seem to be over. Steve seems to have a high metabolism since he's still eating about his weight in arm...]

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kura would sigh as he shook his head at the man's prideful and spiteful words his spit out from his dying lips. He would watch with a bit of amusement as the man seemed to cling to the hope of taking this marker object that seemed to be of more value than his own life. He motioned to Steve to allow him to take the marker object if he could as to not startle the little guy while he snacked on this man's arm.

"Ah well I do not know about controlling them nor do I plan on getting some shit end of a stick because of whatever you and your buddies want...soooo I will at the very least give you a pride filled death as you so seek at the hands of what you seem to fear." He said as his face gave a sinister smile as he nodded towards Steve that he could eat the rest of the man now if he so wanted to.

The water clone seemed to have found his partner and his ride only to find that they had a bit of a problem on their hands at this moment. The water clone would take control of the situation and attack the leech hoping to kill it before anymore harm could be done to Ando and Koa.

"Well when you finish eating lets head on back lil buddy." He would smile to Steve as he found the little lake monster amusing and fun to be around.
He hoped Koa and Ando were fine but he was of the belief Koa could handle herself well enough, though still after he would take the item the man tried to protect and let Steve finish his meal at the restaurant here or take his meal to go they would make their way back to their boat.

[OOC: Kura takes marker Item and lets Steve eat the man if Steve feels like it/ Water Clone nukes the leech killing it hopefully/ Steve and Kura head back to the boat]
[OOC: Kurayo adopts Steve and they open a shop together that Steve happens to work as the bartender at...or waiter >_>]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking down Kurayo would notice his little buddy had moving around a skeletal arm void of flesh… Had he said more than just a few sentences? Scampering over Steve sniffed the man and pawed at his face making odd noises before blinked a few times and looked at the departing Kurayo, the sound of bones rending and feeble screams could be heard. If Kuryao looked back he’d catch a glimpse of Steve trotted behind him with a freshly pulled arm in his mouth and the upper torso gone, the fact Steve was tinged in red now didn’t seem to bother the smaller lake denizen.

The Clone easily dispatched the leech versus Koa who was busy working on the wound and poison, Ando was well Ando. Getting back got Kurayo seeing Koa explaining she wasn’t going to continue the mission partially due to her mission and other things on her mind that were distracting her would compromise the mission. She’d let the mission center know so they could send in another team later to investigate the medical supplies if there any there for tampering. She did let him know where the meeting would be though and the phrase passed back and forth between the two before the incident meaning it would just be Kurayo, Ando having no reason to assist any longer, had lost his usefulness to which he apologized again. As they neared the shoreline odd warbling sounds were heard in mass around the boat. Several heads of the takers seem to pop out of the water. Steve scampered to the side and looked back at Kurayo and his arm he had brought. Dropping the arm into the water he sent out his own warbling sound which got several softer sounds around them before things went quite. Scampering into Kurayo’s side and up his leg small talons climbed the man like a tree giving a slight feeling of pain. With a new five kilogram hat and shoulder accessory on Kurayo the party was out of the boat and one the docks again. Kurayo would for the most part be flying solo.

Ando offered to help Koa back to where ever she was going and she explained she would be fine before she realized he wanted to be escorted back. With a chuckle that got her to exhale sharply she told Kurayo good luck. As Kurayo and Steve moved farther away another series of warbling tone was heard but it sounded sad for some reason.

[OoC: Acquired: Marker Seal, Meeting Location, Steve aka My Lake Monster Buddy. You can help Koa back although she’ll be fine or make your way to the location before dawn.]

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurayo would let out a loud yawn as he came into view of the boat that contained Koa and Ando. His eyes had dark circles forming under them and he would rub at them with his palm while yawning more yet again. He would see Koa was fine or well at least alive it seemed, he would attempt to smile to her and Ando while still fighting back his yawns that he knew must have been effecting them at this point too.

"Damn I feel like just taking a nap right in the boat at this point, I need some sleep so screw this mission crap." Lucky for Kura it seemed Koa wanted to call off the mission as well for her own reasons. With Kura curling up in the boat placing his jacket into a bundle to make a pillow for his head he would roll up part of the sleeves as to make a smaller pillow for his new friend Steve to rest on if he wanted. He was sure it would become stained with blood and a terrible smell of flesh but that was fine at least it would look like he did something. As Kura was sure that everyone was aware he had no interest in this mission he would wait for his ride to reach the shore and head off to his place to sleep. As he began to close his eyes a series of warbling tone was heard from a distance giving off a almost tone that felt of sadness. Kura knew this was Steve's family he was sure but he would look off towards the sound and speak to the Takers. "Hey I will bring him back once a week to come visit and see all of you also I will take good care of him so do not worry you will see him again." He would smile as he would dip his fingers in the water as to show that he meant his words as to show trust to the Takers, if they could tell what he was saying or his meaning he did not honestly know but he wanted to make the attempt at the very least.
With that Kura and Steve would make their way to their home to get some sleep.

[WC: 382]
[MFT]
[Kura heads home with Steve forgoing finishing the mission as he lost interest]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back