Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hello there! - A Free RP

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
DGZTAZI.png

I took the pocket watch and threw it upward.

One . two ..

Just as it was about to fall on the snow I grabbed it by its chain and threw it once more into the air.

One . two .. three ...

Once more I caught the time keeping instrument at the last moment and flung it up. I was bored and this was how I was passing time.

Oh right, where are my manners? Hello there! My name is... Well you see.. How do I say this.. I'm not actually sure who I am. I woke up one day in the snow a couple blocks from here without any identification on me. I only had a red bowtie, a white blouse, and a large red coat that goes all the way down to my knees. I have only those pieces of cloth and my pocket watch, nothing else. Not even a name!

It'd be silly for you not to have someway of addressing me though. So I'll give myself a name. From here on out I shall be known as...

I caught my pocket watch and put it away. Hmm. Melkor. Yes! Melkor! That would be my name from here on out. It has a nice feminine touch to it doesn't it?

"Hello there! My name is Melkor! What is yours?", I shouted to the street.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A name, a name gives you purpose. A starting point, a place of origin as one would think. As the young girl simply blurted out her name, an urchin hiding in a nearby alleyway, a small frame popped out of a garbage can.

His glossy shaggy red haired laid about his face at first till his hand cleared it away. An odd thing had happened, a girl, roughly close to his own age just yelled out her name. What crazy nonsense would arise if he was to yell his own name at her, a smile spread along his lips.

As he leaped out the garbage can, dusted his long tattered frock coat, burned ash like pant leggings and black rubber boots with nice cuffs to them and huffed off towards her. "You know just yelling you're name out would draw the wrong kind of attention eh?" He called out to her as he left the alleyway adjacent to her.

"But since you asked. One has to answer a question, less humanity is filled with nothing more then rude people. Kaiji...I am Kaiji. I don't have a last name, or, I do yet I don't know it." The boy stumbled a bit in his walk, weak,malnourished.

He had spent a few days scrounging with no luck. And he was tired of stealing his meals. A certain someone he met recently changed his behavior patterns. He did not enjoy it at first, but he was slowly feeling more better about himself for doing right instead of wrong.

But the past should not be the focus in the presence. He paused a few feet from her, looking her up and down. "To shout your name, to make an acquaintance....Are you from here?" He asked inquisitively. His olive colored eyes lit up a bit when glancing to the watch in the girls hand. He did so love neat little gadgets.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Was I from here? I didn't know. I didn't want to know. I am sure that if I thought about it hard enough I could remember who I was, but I didn't want to. If I had gone through the trouble of trying to forget who I was, I must obviously have been an awful person in my past life. Who would want to remember that?

"No I'm not from here," I said.

It didn't matter. I was someone new now. I had a new name. I was Melkor and I was from,

"A land in the west."

I gave a pause.

"I come from a land in the far west. Beyond the mountains that divide the continent. I come from a country nestled in a valley there. It i- was a farming country filled with fruits and plump fat cows. We had a bee colony in the northwest that we drew honey from. It was a marvelous place."

"It was raided by barbarians though. And now I am here."

I eyed the person, "And you? What is your story?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy smiled warmly. He did love stories, specially ones of people he just met. Every life was a new tale to tell. "Well, I'm sure it was such a lovely place. Sounds so warming, I'm sorry about your home. You must miss it. Me, well~" drawing it out a bit. "I don't know. I sorta ended up here. I kinda...well, forgot.

I know it had something to do with Ninja's...But I remember tasting seawater, and swimming in a vast ocean. Then I just remember waking up here, in the alleyways. In the Cronopolis to be exact. It's where I've made my home."

His eyes staring at her watch. "Cool watch, where did you get it?" He looks up and down the streets. It was a bit nipy out but not too bad.

"Since you aren't from here, do you have a place to stay? Gotten anything to eat? I know some awesome places for noodle bowls." He brightened up, even to his sad unknown life. He didn't seem less chipper. Maybe he was an insane child. Or one who had too many thoughts clouding his noggin.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Thank you," I moved my fingers across the watch's face, "It was a gift from my grandfather. He was a sailor when he was younger and used it to calculate his longitude out in sea."

Errr-

"I mean, I suppose longitude isn't a thing yet is it? But you see.. em. Basically this watch helps tell you where you are."

I titled my head slightly when the boy went on to ask if I had somewhere to stay. Of course I had somewhere to stay! What sort of person snuck out of their village, pretended to not remember who they were in some village hidden in the cloudy mountains, and didn't bother to arrange a place to stay?

"I'm staying in an ANBU telegram box. It's smaller in the inside so it's quit-"

I felt an idiot as I said this and felt my face become red. What an idiot I was!

"Oh I mean," I widdled my index fingers in circles around one another, "You seem like a nice person, but isn't it too early to think about marriage? I-if you want to have a lunch date that is okay though."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He simply stood there, just dumbfounded look on his face. This girl simply jumped too and fro from one thing to another. He didn't know if she was just leading him on or was really truthful with him. "Ok, so, you're grandfather was a Sailor...He used this. Pocket Watch was it?

Sorry for being inquisitive. I like to tinker with things. Gadgets are my strong suit. I want to one day build the biggest achievement in our time that will last forever. But sadly, I'm just a poor kid on the streets. I was thinking of becoming a ninja, but I get the weirdest feeling when thinking about them..."

She then spilled bout something of an Ambu telegram box. Then came the topic of dating. Immediately his body went rigid and his face burned red for a moment like a cherry. "What? We've just met? I'm not asking for relationship. I'm asking if you're hungry. I'm hungry, why aren't you hungry. Lets just go get food? Wait....What?" He covered his face with his hand.

"Ok. One second, lets rewind, stop and go through this again." He took a breath, held it for the minute. "Ok, so you're new here, you're living inside a Telegram Box and your grandfather gave you his watch which looks rather expensive and might even still be functioning. Unless it has some other purpose then to tell time which you stated it could be used to do something i've never heard of or read in books yet....I...."

He breathing then paused, holding up a finger to pause. "Not really sure how to respond to all that?....that's cool?" He chuckled. "You seem more interesting then most people, not many would just yell to an open street their name and ask for one in return."

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I reverted my head to its upward state. There seemed to be a misunderstanding.

"I didn't ask for your name," I shook my head.

"I was speaking to the street. You were the one who came to me!"

Hmph! I raised my nose in fury. Raising your nose without raising the rest of your face is quite the feat so I was quite proud of this. I could also walk on my hands and write with both hands, but these weren't as impressive I think.

"It is really quite rude. First you speak to me WITHOUT BEING INTRODUCED TO ME, and then you invite me to eat. Why that is the textbook definition of being rude!"

It wasn't actually. The definition of rude, as defined by the Continental Encyclopedia, is;

"Bad mannered."

A simple two word definition that does not include inviting others for food. In fact inviting others to food is typically a sign of kindness not rudeness.

I lowered my nose, "But fine. If you're so madly in love that you are forced to be rude to find a way to be with me... ok. I suppose we can eat something. Where are we going?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Why ask for the streets name? There are street signs." Points up and down the road. Smiling and a bit giddy. "Sorry I am rude, got no parents. Or I did have parents, can't remember. Oh well." He shrugged as he paced about being overly cheerful. This was his fun for the day.

"Well I know of this nice little noodle shack down the road. I collected enough metal around town to pay for a few bowls." He pulled out a small pouch, shaking it with a few yen coins. Stuffing it back into his coat and felt rather energetic as he cartwheeled around the girl. "So, what do you do most days? Less you really do enjoy just yelling at streets. I once knew a guy who did the same. Also yelled at his shadows too." He giggled and proded with the act of a child. He seemed young and rambunctious to some. He had little care in the world, with it came a rude directness sometimes came off with negative effects. But he knew that somebody would accept his forwardness.

"Madly in love?" He paused as he was half way through a cartwheel. Now doing a hand stand. "What is love?" He asked, rather oblivious.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Why did I ask the streets for their names? That was such a stupid question that only a bratty boy could come up with.

"OBVIOUSLY it would be rude not to ask their names before walking on them. It's the least I could do. You're one of those people who eats meat without thanking the animal it came from, aren't you?"

This boy must have been extra bratty as he asked not only one, but two stupid questions. What was love?

"Love is,"

I stopped for a moment. Maybe the boy wasn't as bratty as I had thought. I mean, what WAS love? I couldn't describe it. I had never felt it. No wait. That was a lie. I had felt it once. I knew what love was. I also knew how much it hurt. It, love, was the reason I pretended not to know who I was.

"Love is... the gassy feeling you feel when you've drunk too much soda. I think. Right?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy laughed at her words, as he did with other things that brought him snickering amusement. "Meat?...Hell Im lucky if I can even get a hold of bread sometimes. And I'm a vegetarian...Also, the street isn't a living creature...."He looked to the ground beneath his feet. "Is it?" He laughed even harder as he paced around and started to etch down the street. "This way!~" He bounced and cheered.

He paused after her explanation. It was rather short but bitter sweet to his pallet. "That sounds awful. I guess I'll never be in love. Sounds annoying. Like holding in a bad fart and you're sitting in a crowded room!" He busted a gut as he rolled down the street. Then rolled right back to her. "By the way, the place we're eating at is a nice food shack one of my buddies own. He grew up on the streets too, so he understands kids like myself. He gives me free food now and then. But I got some Yen! So I feel like splurging a little. So what do you enjoy eating?" He stood by her as he continued down the road with her, their little walk and talk.

(Sorry for late and short post. I'm just going to say, got a lot on the plate. XD I'll try to bring up better writing soon.)

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Don't be silly," I said, "Of course the street is alive. It has a name and everything. Haven't you noticed? It's always written on those poles at the end of the street in case you forget and need to know on who you're on."

I shook my head. Kids these days loved giving wise remarks all too much. They were lucky that the street was sleeping or it's feelings would have been hurt at hearing someone suggest it wasn't alive. This was how genocide began; first someone suggested that one type of people weren't 'really' people and before you knew it the streets were filled with dead streets.

Not that I cared too much. I wasn't a filthy street.

Speaking of filthy, "What do I like to eat? I-"

"Well I'm not sure. I don't think I have ever eaten. Is that like a thing?"

OOC: Sorry for the wait.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy paused as he was walking down but would spin about the girl as playful as he was. He's been having random spurts of energy lately. As she talked nonsense, the more he grew amused of this girl he accompanied. And as they neared the restaurant of his dear friend, he paused when something even MORE ridiculous was spoken that caused him to stop again in mid cartwheel to do a handstand.

"Whut!" He pronounced when standing upright immediately and was right in her face, his skin was ash grayed from soot and dirt, his eyes clear olive as they narrowed on to hers. "Never....ate...? Ho-" He paused, bringing his hand under his chin, grasping it as his other free hand scratched his scalp. "Ho-.." He turned and then paced around her.

"How could you never have eaten anything....The human body can't last for more then a couple days to maybe weeks without eating or drinking." He stopped, doing double takes to look her over.

"How old are you?" He paused. Looking her dead center in the eyes. This girl was ever more peaking his interest. I must find out more about this girl, she is positively incredible. Either that or completely mental!

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I stroked my hands against one another in the hopes of keeping the cold away. My predicament wasn't helped by the fact that I wore neither socks or shoes. I hadn't been lying when I said I was wearing nothing more than a coat, a bowtie, and a blouse. In addition to my newly minted name and pocketwatch, this was the sum of my earthly belongings. The gods must have been smiling upon me because it wasn't long before we arrived at Kaiji's friend's dog's cousin's restaurant.

The gods must not have been smiling especially kindly at me though. We had arrived no sooner before Kaiji asked me my age. The boy sure was couragous to ask such a thing of a maiden! First he asked me if I would marry him. Now he asked my age. What would he ask of me in the future? What my favorite boy band was?

"How old am I?" I repeated again. This is something that people do when they want to avoid answering a potentially shameful question. If your husband, wife, or non-gender specific beloved other ever repeats a question you asked of them only five seconds prior it can only mean one thing: they are cheating on you with your best friend. There is also a slight chance that they are unsure if they heard you correctly and are making sure they didn't mishear you when you asked them, "Are you cheating on me with my best friend, who for the purpose of this question we will emphasize is ugly and has an even uglier beard?"

"How old am I..." I repeated for a second time.

"I am old enough to know it is rude to ask a young maiden how old she is. Didn't your mother ever teach you not to ask such things? Or did you run away from home to join the circus before she could?"

My favorite boy band is the Seven Death Riders by the way.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The restaurant was only a few meters away. He could just leave her to her odd behavior or play along. "Do you have many friends? Right now, I have two friends! Ojiisan and some weird girl I met, who works for a circus! Which I am part of the Circus now! HAH! Odd right?" He Cheered, Ignoring her mentioning a mother. Images would flash through his brain like a rapid auto select of pictures. Images of faces, young and old. People together, having amazing time with family picnics and get together with loved ones. A women's voice playing in the back of his mind.

'You should be nice to people Kaiji.' It was soft and gentle, a warmth filled his backside as an emotion was going to erupt. He caught it in time to play it off as a shiver as if cold himself. Even though he was covered in dirty cloths he looked far more warm then he girl in front of him.

He runs his hand through his dirty red locks. "Its mighty nippy out. I think some soup will do." Kaiji then on impulse, took her hand and pulled her into the little quaint dinner parlor. Some nice old furniture tables, wide. Some chairs warn down but the atmosphere was homey at best. The people who ate seemed well kept and only eyes on themselves. The fans above a soft creaking. Lighting was well lit at the tables and soft dim wall lamps. Kaiji let her hand go once inside. Holding the door open when they entered he graciously, like a gent he was. Held the door open for her to go first.

Now inside. He was right beside her most the way. Gesturing to the order counter at the far end of the room. Some nifty cushioned stool chairs placed in front of an old varnished counter, behind it standing an old man with a rather outlandishly long beard that is braided but to how long the beard extends is hidden in his white ornate kimono. "He's Ojiisan. He cooks most the food here, sometimes its some old lady who also works at a local flower shop down the road!" He blabbered here and there.

Simply running up to the counter and plopping down he grabbed a pair of chopsticks and did'nt even have to say a world as the old man wrote down the order. Ojiisan looked to Melkor. "Lass....Come sit, would you like something warm to eat?" The Old man's voice was not loud yet clear across the room. He seemed hardy, withered but still very sharp as he waited on her.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I mulled over my choices carefully. I had been asked if I wanted something warm to eat, emphasize on warm. That meant that there were other choices.

If there was warm food that meant there was cold food. The world couldn't have only warm or cold food though. There must have been a middle ground, food that was neither cold or warm but in between. Similarly there must have been foods at the extreme, frozen and boiling respectively. The man, Ojisan, might have only asked me verbally whether I wanted warm food, but he had really asked whether I wanted:
  • Boiling food
  • Warm food
  • Neutral food
  • Cold food
  • Freezing food

As I thought over this, I had sat myself and done my best not too look too much like a weirdo. When that didn't work I looked over to Kaiji and tried to decipher what I should get by counting the number of fibers on his shirt. This too didn't work, so I gave up and just asked,

"Eh-ah what would you recommend?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(Sorry, sleep, so much sleep. T^T)

The old mans smile was nostalgically warming as he bent under the table and poured the two youngsters some cups of tea. "I'll get you some teriyaki beef soup." He then left quietly to the back kitchen to prepare the order. Kaiji drank his tea rather quickly, grabbing his cup with eager need for something warm to sooth his cold body. Evidently burning his lips and putting his cup back meekly. "I'll let that sit for a minute!" He cursed under his breath. Turning his attention back to the girl beside him. "Ojisan's soup is rather tasty. It'll help keep you warm for awhile." He paused for a moment to look through his long frock coat. pulling out a black small notebook. Looking through a few sheets. "I got a bit of work to do later. I work for a delivery service her in the village. I bring people their mail sometimes too." He grinned. "I got a box to deliver to someone after we eat. But no rush!" He stuffed the book back in his coat.

It did'nt take long for the old giant to come shambling back from the swinging kitchen doors, siting in front of the two giant bowls of hot soup. The steam wafting gently over the bowls. The smell filled their nostrils with the delicious scent of veggies, and spices, the beef tenderly falling apart. Without a word he went back to cleaning glass and silverware. "Thanks Ojisan!" The boy replied with glee as he dug into the soup just as quickly his tea, but paused to blow on his food to cool it off before eating mouthfuls.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I had eaten a lot of soup in my day but I had rarely tasted a soup as good as this. At least I was pretty sure I had rarely tasted a soup as good as this. I might have tasted soup as good as this once before and simply forgotten it or not have remembered how good it was. I have that nasty habit you know? It's like when it's summer and you tend to think it's the hottest summer ever, but it turns out you just aren't remembering how hot the previous summer was. Summers are, except for those who live in the southern hemisphere, by definition hot after all.

REGARDLESS. I spent several minutes gobbling down as much soup as I could before looking up my bowl.

"So how'd you find your current job?" I asked.

"I mean did you have to get a special permission from the Raikage or did you have to fight some hundred year old demon to get a license? How's it work?"

(I swore I thought I had posted here. Oh god, did January really pass by so quickly!? ;_; I miss neethood.)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(*wakes up in darkness* Yeah, I've been hibernating in the days, work nights makes me forget what year,month and day it is....*sigh*)

The soup was warming, he Kaiji smirked when eating the giant pieces of beef and rice in the succulent salty tasty of the soup. He wasn't one for the veggies but still ate the soup whole while looking up at all the paintings around the room of different lands and places, some looked really calming, some rather beautiful and wondrous. He wanted to travel someday, but sadly he was stuck in this cage of a city. Wondering what the world outside felt like.

He turned to his female companion soup eater, smiling. "I stabbed a demon ninja with a home made shiv. They gave me the job because I'm not afraid of whats out there." He gave his attention back to his bowl of soup, enjoying the warmth and cozy atmosphere of the old wood furnished little eat out.

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Demon ninja?"

I slurped some of my soup before continuing.

"What do you mean? Is the demon the name of some gang here in Lightning Country-?"

Slurp, slurp, slurpy. Would we get any crackers to go along with the soup, I wonder to myself. The soup was good but it could make do with some crackers on the site to supplement the flavor. I suppose that is true of most foods though isn't it? Take ice cream as an example. Most ice cream was in itself tasty and you'd rarely have someone say they cared about the ice cream cone more than the actual ice cream but at the same time ice cream cones were a great way to get that waffly taste to ice cream.

"Where I am from we have a gang named the... Yakuza I think? You do not really need to stab them to get them to leave you alone. Most of them take the hint after you run away. I think. I have never stayed still long enough to check actually!"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The bright eyed boy smirked as he looked over his shoulder, as if looking for someone to be watching or listening to their conversation. Once his eyes have scanned a room he knew all he needed and felt it was a perfect place to talk. "No, Not a gang. But an individual. A single being I can only describe as a Demon. He wears the skin of a man. And has the power of a highly trained ninja. I've seen him fought off muggers late at night. He only uses his fists I think. Punched a guy once over a building, caught him on the other side. Threw the deadbeat in a dumpster. I've seen him kill wild animals. Devouring them like some feral beast with his hands and teeth. His fangs long as my fingers." The boy rambled on. He seemed almost excited when talking bout this creature.

His eyes a light with something, curiosity so strong it was almost an obsession to him. "I've been keeping an eye out on him, I've even seen him feed on humans, biting them and drinking blood. I think he used to eat some of the pets who strayed around town. Lots of dead animals in the alleyways I've been finding." He tapped his small nose. "But he's been watching me. I feel his eyes on me. He caught me a few times, but did nothing. Just stood there, staring at me through the mess of black hair. I still have nightmares of those glowing red eyes of his." The boy hammed it up by getting the shivers.

(Yay writers block)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back