Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Infernal Prisoner] Ornaments of Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
C-Rank said:
Team Leader: Donuts
Details: In the capital is the city estate of a noble family sentenced to death for their crimes against the transitional council. Within are supposed to be many fabulous treasures, including a few specific items requested by the ANBU Sennin. The mission recipient will receive a detailed briefing before departure. Retrieval of these items is a matter of national security. A previous team failed to retrieve these treasures, complicating things...

Members Needed: Ishikawa Zaku, Do Natsu, Hikari

The city of Raiden no Me was the nation's grand capital. It had been the historic home of every Daimyo since the warring clans had first agreed to create a first-among-equals government to rule over the lands of the Kaminarijin. As such, the capital was a place well-steeped in the blood and intrigues of the noble and wealthy classes, and had centuries of feudal politics as its foundation.

That legacy only served to make the city more beautiful. The old and the modern jostled together here, concrete towers butting up against proud stone fortresses, apartment blocs shouldering in among family compounds, gleaming markets mixed in with blue-tiled pagodas. This glistening jewel of civilization was the prize of Kaminari no Kuni, one which had never been claimed by an outsider's army, nor had even been beseiged in living memory until the civil war.

As the team made their way into the heart of their homeland, they observed the dispositions of the Bakufuu and mercenary forces currently in standby around the capital. The declaration of the Shogun Shiranai had, at least for now, warded off an all-out confrontation over the capital. The two armies had stood down, but rumor had it that more troops were still being mustered by the Bakufuu. In time, the Ryuu-backed mercenary forces would be forced to disperse or be crushed. While such an action would, in the short term, reduce Ryuu's military might, the action would only give him cause to renew his political and military resistance to the Chancellor's regime.

Neither the PMC forces nor the Bakufuu had been taking it easy during the sudden peace. The chaos in the countryside had resulted in thousands of refugees streaming toward the capital and worse--droves of the desperate and the criminal now openly assaulted travelers and swept up the dispossessed in frenzied mobs called the Penitents. These peasants were led by monks moved by a religious fervor and not only professed poverty but also enforced it upon communities in the unprotected outer precincts of Raiden no Me.

Do's team found evidence of riots and rebellions as they entered the city. The capital guard were out in force in the wealthier areas, as well as private mercenaries and household guards. No one with money went anywhere alone these days. Commerce in the street remained muffled and furtive. Roaming gangs were taking advantage of the chaos in the poorer and even middle-class districts with frequent, flagrant burglaries and assaults, even during the day. Disaffected political groups and the widely disenfranchised held near daily demonstrations against the feudal system which had for so long been the country's backbone.

Fortunately, the ninjas' map appeared accurate. With very little effort, they were able to affirm the location of the clan compound and the routines of its external guards. Plenty of excellent vantage points from nearby buildings afforded the opportunity to get a good view at what went on behind the security walls.
The Situation said:
Please join this topic after you have left the village. :)

Please describe what means you are all taking to comply with your orders about remaining incognito. You all can take up some residence at an inn, wayhouse, or an abandoned property if you want to hash out your plans and scout more. The more specific you are with your requests and preparation, the better off you will be. PM me with any questions you have.

The clan compound you are targeting is in a wealthier district of the city, so there is much less lawless rabble in the area. The guards here are very alert, but they appear to all be civilians. Nevertheless, they are not stupid, and they are much too afraid and tense to be lazy.

There are multiple buildings around which you can use as strategic viewpoints for spying on the compound.

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Natsu had kept mostly to himself during the travel to Raiden no Me. Not that he had actively tried to avoid conversation, he simply had been too distracted by other things. The first part of the journey mostly by his horse. He wasn’t very skilled in horseback riding, something the animal certainly had not cared for, and thus had required most of his attention to simply remain in the saddle. Once they had arrived at the waypoint he had changed from his Shinobi attire to a civilian outfit. Simple garments of good quality, with a grey cloak to cover most of his body. This way he’d be able to pass for a travelling merchant. He hoped he would anyway. A simple transformation jutsu had shortened his hair and given it a brown color. His eyes matched the new color as well, and he was a bit taller. Once they had occupied a cabin, Natsu dropped his backpack on a bench and excused himself for a moment. The two teens could have some more private time for all he cared, as long as he wouldn’t stumble upon a similar scene as in the Academy.

“Two chocolate donuts please! Oh, and a glass of milk, if possible.” Natsu requested, having finally found the restaurant wagon. If he was to perform his best at this mission, he definitely could use a donut to get him focused. And two of them would only guarantee an increased effect. Exchanging some money for the requested deliciousness, Natsu struck up a conversation with the friendly vendor. “How’s the capital? I had heard it remained mostly untouched by the war, yet more recent rumors tell of increasing tensions inside the city?” The woman nodded. “Indeed mister. The lower-class areas are filled with criminals. It’s terrible to see the beautiful city in such a state.” “How about the richer areas? Any trouble stirring up there?” He asked, keeping his tone as nonchalant as he could. “Of course not. Those clans have enough money to be protected by the city’s guards. Though some say they’ve even got mercenaries posted at some of the richer clans! Where they get them, I wouldn’t know though. What with the huge force of mercenary soldiers the Bakufuu has recruited. I sure hope the situation will blow over soon!” Natsu nodded, his face not revealing a thing yet mind racing. It’d probably complicate their mission.

Knocking on the door of the cabin Team Donut, or so he had secretly named them, had claimed for themselves, Natsu entered. “We’ll be arriving in an hour or so. However, before we enter the city, I’d like to make sure we’ll attract as little attention as possible.” He informed them, mostly thinking about Hikari’s fiery hair color in that regard. “The lower-class areas are in quite some turmoil, so we’ll be moving to the upper class as swiftly as possible to prevent any problems. Once we get there, I suggest we find a location with clear view of the complex. As detailed as this map may be, seeing it with our own eyes will probably clear up quite a bit.” He reached for the portfolio, displaying it’s content to Hikari and Zaku. “I’d also like to get to know your personal preferences regarding how to handle the mission and combat. I hope we won’t encounter too much, if any of the latter, but we’ll have to be prepared for anything. Feel free to mention any other questions, suggestions or remarks.” Natsu told the duo, currently studying the images of the anklets. In the time they had before reaching the capital, he’d try and learn as much as possible. Both about his teammates and the task they were facing.

[Word Count: 620]
[Marked for Training]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Not much to do in the cabin of a train on the way to the capital. Besides napping, conversing, and looking out the window, choices were limited. I had taken to sharpening my trusty Kunai, a somewhat noisy but method job. It kept my busy while I awaited our arrival on my first high profile mission. It was missions like these that got you recognized, and it was my intention to do just that. I was mentally preparing for the job ahead, even though I was still what some considered to be a young age. The life of a shinobi forced you to grow up quickly; otherwise, you were dead.

I rarely looked up from the task at hand. I kept wondering what Hikari was thinking. I had been rather quiet the trip, which was probably strange for her. Honestly, I wanted to be more talkative, but I didn't want anything unneccesary in my mind that could distract me in the middle of a mission. That was the real reason for my silence. Although, none of us had really talked about the mission at all. But it wasn't my job, or Hikari's, to bring it up in my opinion. If anyone needed to speak to us, Natsu would be the one to initiate that conversation. Oh speak of the sugary devil..

Natsu entered the cabin. Before any hellos, there were words about the mission. I smiled eagerly and quickly slipped my Kunai into it's holster to listen with full attention. "Little attention. Of course." I agreed, not even giving thought to Hikari's hair. Should would manage that, no doubt. An in time, Natsu revealed our first objective. We were to make our way to a vantage point over the complex to get an idea on just how it looked in person. Made sense to me, unless they had sentries looking for people like that. Improbable however, cause normal thugs don't climb roofs. They just blindly attack.

I looked down at the exposed documents with a keen eyes as he posed his final comment, requesting questions of our own and information about ourselves; along with suggestions for the mission. I looked at Hikari, wondering if she wanted to go first. But I couldn't let her go first. I needed to like better and smarter. "I think we should infiltrate here." I vocalized, pointing to the alternate entrance around the back of the complex. "Unless it's commonly known about, we probably will face less resistance. As for combat, I work with projectiles from the shadows. I can using ninja wire to prevent personal from reaching and warning others on the complex. So should we get into a fight, I will attempt to stop people from retreating." I said in a faux-professional voice. No doubt Hikari would picked up on this. I expected a rolling of the eyes when I looked to her for input.

MFT
WC: 484

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari sat in the cabin with Zaku quietly. It was almost against her nature to be so quiet for so long, but she was preoccupied. Red heads were not common in Lightning country. So, shortly after the start of the journey, she decided to begin practicing her transformation jutsu. The alterations she practiced were simple, but she intended only for them to assist her in blending into the crowd. Her hair was blackened and straightened. She proceeded to braid it and coil it on the back of her head. "What do you think?" She asked once she'd finished. She wondered if he'd be any help. "Should I go brown instead? Or maybe blonde?" It was a rare thing, to her knowledge, when men were of any help in matters of appearance, but perhaps Zaku would voice an opinion- Perhaps he would voice an opinion... He'd been so quiet, she realized, weirdly quiet... Anyway- that would help her decide.

When Natsu entered the cabin- more dounts in hand- he was all business. She intended to ask his opinion as well on hair color, but that could wait. She leaned forward as he displayed the information in the brochure. The map showed roof tops, that entry way the lady had mentioned, and of course, the front door. "Hmph." She grunted, wondering if there was any way to get them to slip up and just let her and her team in. Not likely.

Zaku then spoke up making his preference for the tunnels known in a very hoity toity voice. Hikari snorted involuntarily because it sounded so unlike the young man she knew. “Silly Zaku.” She elbowed him with a grin, then remembered her answer was due, and returned her mind to the problem. "The tunnel... seems interesting, but I doubt it'll be unguarded." She said, "Especially after all this treason business." She mused, "Though not likely visibly. Wouldn't want to draw the eye to something that might not be known." She looked at Zaku, "If I were them, I'd put a small compliment of fine fighters there, skilled in shadow combat. I say... we get a look at their guards, and... take a few spots. That way if we get caught in the vault, we can make like we were 'doing our jobs.' Also, if they were tunnel guards, we'd have that excuse for being in there.”

“As for combat... I like my space. My style is generally very visible, because I have a strong affinity for lightning. I also enjoy hitting things with large heavy objects. Like my hammer!" She grinned, "But I do well with kunai and shuriken combined with ninja wire." Then she fell silent for a moment before asking, "What about you, Do san?" She asked, "We should also know your favored style of combat, shouldn't we?"

[MFT]
[469]

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The train thundered along the landscapes, offering a wonderful sight for anyone looking outside. Unfortunately for Natsu, he wasn't. The pictures and map in front of him held all of his attention. By the looks of it, so did they for Hikari and Zaku. Good. Very good. The more point of views they'd be able to get on the situation the better a solution they could come up with. Rushing in with weapons drawn and ransacking wasn't an option. It had been quite literally been said so by the woman at the gates. There had to be a different solution to the puzzle. A different key to the lock. Would it really be something as obvious as the hidden back door entrance? Then again, it was only obvious because it had been briefed about. If the guards had been paying little attention, it could very well be a valid entrance. There simply was no way to just decide this by the looks of a map though. There were many other factors, like their own capabilities.

Taking a bite from one of the donuts, Natsu nodded slightly as both of his companions mentioned their strengths and preferences. They appeared to be the opposite of each other as far as preferences went. Zaku's projectiles and use of stealth. Taking out an enemy silently, unnoticed until it was too late. Hikari's style seemed to be more of an in-your-face! approach. Hurling lightning balls and swinging about large, hard things. A matter of preference, no doubt, entirely unrelated to the raging hormones of puberty. Or the presence of her blond-haired lover. Because even someone as clueless in the abstract science of love as Natsu could tell there were sparks flying between those two. Not that he particularly minded, it was just a matter of keeping a closer eye on them during the mission. No, not to be a pervy voyeur! To make sure that was their point of attention, yes, that was it.

"That is a fair question. Close quarters combat is my preferred style of combat. I utilize weapons of any kind, though I personally prefer the use of piercing ones. The weapon I use is different depending on the situation however, and thus I have experience with most every type. Both Ninjutsu and Genjutsu I have a solid basis off, nothing to brag about however." He would only elaborate further if they asked about it. Though Natsu wasn't shy regarding his Kekkai Genkai, some other people did not like hold bloodline users in the same regard. Unsure of how it'd be received between these two, he'd keep it silent for just a bit longer.

"All right then. Before we decide on a plan of action, I'd like to see the site for myself. We'll set up here," Natsu announced, pointing at an abandoned building in the background of one of the pictures. "By traveling there we should be able to get a feel for the point of view of the patrolling guards. The windows in the top floor should be able to provide us with overhead view of the complex to scout for potential guards in the main courtyard. Feel free to take an alternate route than me to cover more ground, but remember. We are not to be remembered." He felt it was a solid plan, scouting their playing field a bit before proceeding, and unless there were any objections, he'd leave it at that. Looking around the cabin, he also spotted Hikari's experiment with her hair. Considering of how obvious the lack of orange hair should have been, he had to commend her on becoming a fair amount less noticeable. "Nice hairstyle, by the way. I think you pulled it off nicely." Small talking like a mission leader!

About an hour later, the train came to a screeching halt at the final station, Raiden No Me. It sure had been a short trip considering the enormous distance. We must've boarded the lightning fast train. Get it, 'cause of Lightning Country? - .. Yeah, not too great Natsu, my boy. Considering that it didn't even sound funny in his head, Natsu decided to keep the joke for himself. Checking over his transformation and clothes one last time, he slung his backpack around his shoulder, documents neatly stashed away inside. "Here we go." Natsu said, before swiftly making his way through the city towards the suggested vantage point. The different levels of economic welfare were clear to the eye just by walking through the city. From slum, to emptied streets with closed doors and windows, to markets with wary vendors until he arrived at the upper class region.

The streets had the occasional patrol going on. Guards marching over the street in packs of two, sometimes four, occasionally stopping people to identify them. Either by sheer luck or skill, Natsu wasn't certain, the Chunin managed to avoid being stopped. The biggest trouble still lay ahead of him however: getting inside the building. It had clearly been abandoned. Whether it was because of riots in the city, or because of their criminal neighbors, Natsu couldn't tell. However, it made it all the more suspicious for him to try and break into the house. If it hadn't been for the easy to identify pattern of the patrols, he could've cursed himself for coming up with such a bad location.

Brute forcing his way through the lock by shoving a bone-made knife from his wrist in it, he managed to slip in without a single guard being any wiser. Making his way upstairs, he wasted no time in studying the compound. A good amount of forces were gathered, both outside and inside the Morimoto complex. It did give Natsu the final push however: They'd have to try and use the secret pathway. As soon as his team was complete and upstairs, he explained his plan. "We'll be using both of your plans, with an addition of myself. Here's what we'll do: Two shall infiltrate the mansion, I'd prefer you two to do this. The use of the Transformation jutsu should do, perhaps either of you have found out more information regarding the guards on the way here. Zaku will try and reach the vault. Hikari, you can either support him or try to keep the guards inside the complex distracted. The other one, which would be me, will create an uproar a few blocks away. This will hopefully draw away a number of their forces. The remaining guards will be more alert, but I'd say a lack of numbers in their ranks can only be in our advantage. Any final suggestions or remarks? Or if you'd like to swap roles say so now."

[Word Count: 1.088]
[Mission Total Word Count: 2.661/1.600]
[Edit: Clarifying the strategy a bit.]
[OoC: .. I may have gone a bit overboard >.> If I have taken too much liberty somewhere, feel free to tell me and I'll adjust it if need be.]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I looked up for a moment and judged on the look she was going for. Squinting slightly, I gave a judging look thereafter. Shrugging I went back to my current activity. "Does it really matter? As long as it's less flamboyant." I commented thinking on my own color of hair. Thankfully I didn't have the platinum variety of blonde, but rather the dirty type. Still, it was fairer than most, but I was prepared to cover it up should I need to go incognito.

--- Some time later ---

"A weapons master, cool cool." I thought. Seems like I was the one who preferred the safety of the shadows which was all fine and dandy in my opinion. I could see them doing work with their weapons while I was firing off projectiles from afar. Setting up traps, leaving diversionary explosives, and silently deterring the enemy in all sorts of ways. Ah the imagination, how it lied to all. Nothing ever worked that perfectly, and I needed to be prepared for worse. I cleared my mind of such thoughts and focused on what our leader had to say. He noted where we would be meeting up and suggested on taking different routes so that we would know the area better. A solid strategy and being not remembered would be easy, at least, I hoped. "Sounds like a plan." I smiled and went back to my previous activities. We'd get there when we did, no need to worry about time.

With an hour, we had arrived and I was preparing my own look for the trek to the rendezvous. "Mmm." I responded and walked out through the train to step out into the city. I had on a overly large sweatshirt and a beanie, to suggest I was the type who was indefinitely cold; paired was a baggy set of cargo pants and used looking shoes. I was going for generic youth, perhaps trouble maker that would frequent the lower parts and perhaps venture into the richer district for nefarious plots. No doubt there would be some hoodlums in every district.

I made my way through the roads and back allies, taking in the various maze of shady pathways and dead ends all on the way to my destination. When I had arrived, I found the door forced in, no doubt one of my compatriots, I slipped inside quickly after checking over my shoulder to make sure I wasn't being followed. I gave a confident nod to Natsu as I waited for Hikari to make her way to the location...

Once she had made her appearance, the squad leader would announce his plan. And from the sound of things, Natsu would take the form of one of the many guards in town and Hikari and I would be going in the back entrance. "We'll get it done sir, you can count on us." I said with a confident nod. So I would be taking the alternate passage as I had suggested; needless to say, I felt quite important for my strategy being used. Hikari would be accompanying me and providing support while we tried to be sneaky witch thieves. All in a days work I suppose.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku seemed the only one of the trio who had a marked preference for the silent kind of killing. Their mission leader was more like Hikari, but she somehow doubted he'd be quite as flashy. Ah, but she was allowing her thoughts to wander. She accepted the compliment on her hair style as well as Zaku's shrug, and figured it was plenty enough.

A short while later, the trio disembarked the train, each of them choosing a different path. She put on clothes similar to those she might have worn if she'd stayed out of the ninja world. The nice but inexpensive cloth of a middle class merchant's daughter- at home in both the poorer parts and wealthy districts. She lingered around shops to listen to gossip and try to get a feeling for the people, but though it was early in the day, the streets were relatively empty, and the only feeling she got was that the populous was anxious and afraid. They scurried from destination to destination, buying that which they needed and not lingering. As she realized this, she moved along, mimicking the anxious movements of the shoppers. She noticed that there were few guards here in the lower income areas, and that there were several shops which boasted broken doors and windows. Riots had scarred the city.

Here and there a group of rough looking youths seemed to hustle shoppers for their goods. One group in particular approached her. They looked less skilled than the latest batch of first year academy students, but that didn't mean they weren't dangerous. "I don't carry coin, boys." She said firmly, as though talking those aforementioned academy students.

"Expect us to believe a pretty thing like you gets off the train without a bit of pocket change from daddy?" One of them asked. "She must think we're stupid."

Hikari frowned at them, she could handle this in a few ways. Kill them, stash their bodies. Beat them, leave them as an example. Act afraid, become a better target. Or offer something of value in return for information. They all sounded like bad ideas. "I don't even know you." She said, stalling. "I have no opinion other than the resentment at feeling threatened." She said, "I have no coin, or anything else you'd want." Besides my hammer, kunai, and oh yea, skill. "Please just leave me alone." She turned about and walked away as quickly as was appropriate for the guise she wore. Not more than two steps away, one of the hoodlums grabbed her wrist. She turned around and smashed the heel of her palm into his nose. "Leave me alone." She grunted, backing away as he let go and backed away clutching his face. "I've been educated in self defense." Understatement of the day. "And of course, I won't hesitate to defend myself." She backed away with her palms facing them, hoping the bruise to his pride wouldn't make things worse. "Please leave me be. I would hate to inform my house guards that you assaulted me."

The thugs sneered at her, but didn't move for a long time. When they did, it was at the sight of richer game. "Feel lucky, minnow." The one she'd hit said, "I see bigger fish."

The prideful part of Hikari wanted to tell him where to stuff his bigger fish analogy. The sensible part made her back into the shadows of a nearby alley so she could change her face, recolor her hair, and move along a different path. She didn't want to risk being spotted by the same thugs. "We are not to be remembered." She muttered to herself through gritted teeth. "Not to be remembered."

After that, she traveled quietly toward their destination. She found the door already forced open and thanked Raiden that she didn't have to bother with the damn thing. "Guys." She said, as she got there, "I almost got mugged, had to very nearly break some thug's nose, and I'm pretty sure I hate this city." She grumbled as she saw them. "So, the plan..." She listened to Natsu explain, and then Zaku's assurance that they would do the job well. "Damn straight we will!" She grinned lopsidedly. "You sure you can handle being the distraction? There are bound to be a ton of guards in that part of the city. Goodness knows there aren't many elsewhere." She harrumphed. "And who should we transform into? Should they be real guards? That would mean we'd need to take a couple out of commission." She mused, "Or we get close and observe a couple who go to investigate your distraction, then take their appearance."

[MFT]
[777 words]

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Both of his companions had made it to the agreed stakeout, albeit in different manners of difficulty it seemed. Zaku greeted him with a confident nod. Hikari on the other hand immediately confessing her distaste for the city and it's inhabitants. At least she had covered up her mischief by changing appearance once more. It was either that, or she was trying to impress a certain blond in the room. And Natsu was rather certain he was not the intended target of such actions. "Nice new hairstyle." He complimented her anwyay. His game plan seemed to be welcomed much more eagerly, and once more their reactions differed. Zaku assured him they'd get the job done, where Hikari pried for more information. He had long forgotten about the scoreboard between the two, though Hikari was losing some points for doubting his capabilities. Yes, Natsu was fickle like that. Though not arrogant to the point of withholding her the answer to either question. Besides, it wasn't as if he'd be dancing in front of the guards dressed in a donut costume to distract them. Though it did sound like it could be fun..

"No need to take out any of the guards. It'll only raise suspicion, especially because you two don't know their behavior. Considering you'll be taking the back door, you shouldn't even be spotted. It's just in case someone would pass by they won't bother with too many questions as to your presence so close to the manor. So no, you won't be infiltrating their ranks. The less exposure, the less you'll be remembered.. Remember?" Natsu explained. He at least hoped his reasoning held some sense. For them to succeed however, he'd have to take the heat of the action. "Don't worry about the distraction. I'll lure 'em away, some way or another. Move into position as soon as the coast appears clear, I probably won't have time to give you any signal. So, give me a few minutes to stir up some trouble, and try to finish as quick as possible. I don't know how long they'll be paying attention to me. We'll keep in touch via headset, the encrypted channel just in case. If anything goes wrong, get yourselves out. No one knows we're here, and we'll keep it like that!" The Chunin finished, wondering how many more times he was going to stress that fact this mission.

- - -

"Trust me on this one, stuff is going down around the Shuyabasa complex! Today! And if you want a bit of the action.." Natsu told the group of thugs hanging around him. This was the third inn he'd visited in the hoodlums, and seeing his success in the previous two, he expected not much resistance here either. "Well.. If that bastard Tamori and his lackeys think they'll be taking the big money today, they're wrong! What'cha say boys? Fancy stirring up some mess in the big league?" A cheer of rowdy voices and laughter confirmed their leader's suggestion. The man himself was the biggest and ugliest one of the bunch, easy to spot and easy to impress. "But boss, won't we have any trouble with the guards? I mean, they've got quite the number up there." A smart thug? Natsu squinted his eyes. Just as he was about to assure the sorry lot, another gangster did it for him.

"Oh shaddap Kinu! Yer still prissy 'cause that chickie from before got a punch in." Once more, laughter roared through the bar and the opposition to the plan was silenced. Natsu decided to win them completely over however, and divulged some more information. "No need to worry. A friend of mine managed to nab some of the fireworks they used at the party for the new Shogun. They'll never know what hit 'em." Yet another round of laughs went around. Dumb thugs were a cheerful bunch, if anything. "So, you'll be joining us then?" The disguised Chunin asked, receiving confirmation before emptying his drink and setting off. His distraction was coming along very nicely. Now all he had to do was arrange the fireworks he had mentioned earlier.

- - -

Sticking an explosive note to one of the lantern poles, Natsu went over his map once more. A fair distance lay between him and the Morimoto complex still, but that was as planned anyway. He had placed notes, primed with enough chakra to create some pretty flames, yet nothing serious enough to evaporate the entire street, all over the streets. Several lanterns would no longer be hanging straight after his little plan, as well as two obliterated carriages and a mailbox or two. It seemed as if he was ready to proceed to the final step, just as one of the more fat officers on duty motioned him near. Had he been caught? "Hello sir, haven't seen you around these parts. Not one of them lowlife trash lurking about where you don't belong, are you?" Just a regular check-up, calm down. Natsu told himself, before responding. "No sir. Traveling merchant, visiting my aunt in the city before I try and set up shop here in the capital." The guard nodded at him, still obviously distrustful. "Right, and what kind of things would you be selling then? Can I also see some ID while you're at it? Standard procedure, nothing to worry about."

This won't be good. I don't look like the ID picture at all anymore. And I doubt I could convince this man that it's simply outdated. Guess we'll have to forego the warning then. "Well, you see, I'm in the business of pastries. You know, donuts and the likes. Oh Raiden above, where's my passport. One moment please." The Chunin said, rummaging through his pocket. Hands hidden from sight, it was the perfect opportunity to perform the hand seals he needed. "Ah, here it i-" Natsu started, only to be interrupted by the explosions he had set of himself. Terrified shrieks and cries of panic rang through the streets, quickly followed by the mad cackling of a massive group of thugs. Well, massive compared to the size of the street anyway. It seemed there had been some mouth-to-mouth advertisement between the gangs, as a group of nearing close to five hundred gangsters thundered into the area, with more still flocking towards the gates. They made it past the guards who were still adjusting to the situation after the explosions. Shouting as loud as they could, storming into buildings and shops, assaulting guards and civilians alike. Wonderful.

Sliding to a halt inside another abandoned building, Natsu ran through some more hand seals and changed his appearance once more. He resembled the fat guard from before now, which was just what he needed. The screams could be heard inside the building, though they only slowly neared. So much to pillage, rape and plunder in a part of town so rich. If it hadn't been for his Shinobi training, he might've been in actual trouble getting away from them though. Or from the horrified guard who he now shared appearance with. "Get ready! Hikari, Zaku!" he radioed via headset before jogging back onto the street and making his way to the Morimoto complex. "Oi! You guys! We need some serious help! Those bastard thugs are driving us back, catching us unaware with those damned explosives! If at least a group of you could help us out until the army gets here, we should be able to hold 'em before they reach the complex of your employer!" Natsu shouted with the deeper voice of the city guard, trying his best to act the role. Now he could only hope they'd respond like they should. If not, well, the thugs should be arriving in no more than 10 minutes. If they wouldn't pay attention to him, at least those hoodlums should be able to keep the guards entertained.

[Word Count: 1.227]
[Mission Total Word Count: Obliterated! 5.200/1600]
[Marked for Training]

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The guards at the complex gate ducked at the explosions, but when no more seemed forthcoming, their spines straightened back out. The more decorated guard at the gate barked out orders into a small hand held radio, demanding additional guards from the barracks inside be woken and put on duty.

At Natsu's appearance, both guards stood at even stricter attention, looking like someone had jammed poles up their posteriors. The senior unbent slightly and gave Natsu a sympathetic look.

"Can't, we're stuck here. The Chancellor would have our scalps if we left over some thugs rioting--you'll have to wait for reinforcements from the outpost."

Natsu wheedled the guardsmen, just one more frantic guard captain trying to stave off yet another riot. Behind him, the usual complement of crazies had already begun arriving. A group of ragged men and women had appeared and begun exhorting waiting opportunists and frantic merchants to throw down their worldly goods and embrace poverty. Two shabby individuals, gentlemen who looked to have fallen upon hard times, dogged a moneylender between them about his social class and his privileges.

Meanwhile, Zaku and Hikari were on their way toward the estate, already emblazoned with the deep blue of the Bakufuu guard. Streaming from the nearby streets were gangs arrayed with their colors and signs, many of them simply enjoying the opportunity to bash windows and set fires. Some broke away to break down doors. More worrisome were the twos and threes of men in dark clothes who followed after, dragging shocked civilians onto the street and out into alleys.

With a little stealth and luck, the pair made it to the postern gate. Only one guard was on duty; he was looking around nervously, already scenting that the blood in the water might be his own. If only the duo made it past him, they would be inside the walls of the compound, where the hidden door to the secret passage was located. The next step would be making it to the vault--either through the "secret" tunnel marked on the map or by getting into the main house, navigating to the clan head's office, and opening the doors to the treasury vault.
OOC said:
Thanks for waiting and also thank you for the excellent post, Donuts.

The Situation
  • Do is disguised as a city guardsman. He is at the front gate, arguing with the guard captain and his partner.
  • Miscreants in large numbers, including minor political factions, are pouring into the main street in front of the Morimoto estate.
  • A riot is imminent.
  • The guard captain has called reinforcements.
  • Zaku and Hikari are disguised as city guardsmen and have made it from their stakeout to the compound. Feel free to describe how you've obtained your disguises.
  • There is a lone guard at the postern gate--he is nervous...
  • The compound wall is an extremely thick fortification, as wide as three men. The passage entrance is inside the wall of the postern gate, and was hollowed out of the stone there. A false wall conceals it.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I couldn't help but laugh internally at the thought of my peer getting all angry and just beating down on some thug. I had figured that at least one of us would have run into trouble on the way here, and my assumption came true with Hikari's announcement. While it would have been fun to listen to the story, we had more pressing matters.

"Yea, damn straight!" I cheered along in my head. But Hikari then went on to doubt our squad leader, something I personally thought no subordinate should do. Natsu would know his own limitation better than anyone else, so he would be able to judge his capabilities before even coming up with this plan. There wasn't a doubt in my mind he could get the job done. After all, we were ninja. If we wanted, it would easy to just kill all the guards and retrieve what we needed. What was stopping us was the rule that we could not.

But her next question was accurately stated. Should we be discovered down in the hole, I didn't think any guard disguises from up above would help us anyway. Internal guards were probably different, at least, this is what my mind assumed. Thankfully, Natsu answered these questions in a quick and final manner, giving us the final knowledge we needed before moving out to execute our part of the plan. "Encrypted Channel, we will await some kind of signal. Sir." I finished with a firm nod and began to make my way down to the door with Hikari.

--

"Get ready! Hikari, Zaku!"

I heard his voice in the radio and looking to my companion. I had already transformed into a average looking guard on the way here. For a moment, I waited for his 'mission go' statement, but nothing came. "Well he did say that there was chance he wouldn't be able to signal. I would guess now is as good a time as always." I shrugged, looking towards the lone guard who would have us in his vision if we moved any farther. A quick check of anything that could be useful in this situation popped into my head. A kunai to his temple, a properly thrown rock to distract him just long enough, or...

"I'll take care of this." I said with confidence, checking my surroundings to make sure I wasn't going to be seen. In the past few weeks, I had been working on stealth techniques and learning jutsu to help me with it; specifically, some audial and visual genjutsu. And with this knowledge brought me the perfect jutsu for a situation such as this. Forming my handseals, I focused on my target and pushed chakra to where it was need. I would be casting False Surroundings so that when we moved, the scene would remain the same. In essence, we would be invisible to sight. I didn't want to risk an audial genjutsu as that could make the nervous man even worse. I quickly gestured for silence to my companion as I would maintain the jutsu and sneak my way to the entrance into the base...the secret tunnel I should say. And as soon as we were safe from the eyes of the nervous man, I would release the jutsu like we were never there. Hopefully there weren't troublesome guards inside.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While she knew that both the males in the room disliked her question about Natsu's capabilities. She didn't especially care. It would have been unwise not to ask. Of course she had confidence that he was a good ninja, but she'd never worked with him, and had only met him once before- a time in which he had gotten hit pretty hard into a wall by a friend of hers. The record- in so far as she had experience- was not in his favor. With a mental shrug, she listened to his response to her questions. She didn’t like the assumption that no one would make much of their presence close to the manor after his big distraction, but she held her tongue. There’d be time to worry about that later.

As Natsu finished explaining, "Encrypted Channel, we will await some kind of signal. Sir."
Hikari nodded in response, “Or a symbolic exodus of guardsmen.” She said with a smirk.
~​
They heard him over our headsets telling us to get ready, “We’re ready.” She responded quietly. She’d changed into a guardswoman who looked a little more homely than plain, and altered her clothing with the chameleon jutsu. After that they waited a while, before the guards ranks seemed to thin. The lone sentinel who remained seemed fairly on edge, and for good reason. The horizon seemed alight with unrest, his compatriots had been called away on fairly serious business, and of course, who but the unknowing could forget the presence of the pair of ninja waiting just out of sight to infiltrate the mansion, and rob his masters blind… well, rob them of the important artifacts the AN BU sennin requested.

She looked to Zaku and shrugged as he said, "Well he did say that there was chance he wouldn't be able to signal. I would guess now is as good a time as always.”

Hikari nodded, “Got any ideas?”
Apparently he had one. She watched him use a genjutsu move to alter the guard’s sight.” I'll take care of this." He said confidently. Of course, Zaku was usually confident. In fact, one might say he said he would take care of things, in a relatively normal fashion.
She grinned, ‘Nice one.” She thought, feeling the strangest inclination toward messing with the guard. She resisted, thankfully, as Zaku lead the way into the compound with a gesture for silence. The jutsu seemed to work well enough as they went. She hoped it would continue to do so.

[mft- 418 words]

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, this was quite a setback. Certainly, Natsu had anticipated he'd have to do some persuading but he had hoped the explosions would at least get the guards in a more panicky state. All it had seemed to do was blast the pole a bit further up their colon. As well as summon more troops from the barracks, as the first ones appeared from a side building. Had he just made things worse for his team? He hadn't given them the signal, so he perhaps he should call them off? Come up with a new approach altogether? They'd lose all faith in me. Certainly after I boasted the distraction would be no issue whatsoever. What do I do?! Calm down, analyze, think! There must be some way to turn this all about!

Thoughts raced through his head, conversations being held at the speed of the electrons racing through his brain, rather than the speed of sound. And that was for the best, otherwise it'd be very suspicious standing around like that for such a long time while he was supposed to be suppressing the riot. However even at that speed the solutions he came up with seemed to be lackluster. Should I try the donut costume after all? And for Raiden's sake, could they please keep it down?! Natsu thought furiously, shooting an angry glare at the screaming people running through the street. At least the thugs I hired are having the time of their lives. The disguised guardsman though sarcastically, as his eye fell on the people dressed in black who were dragging civilians onto the street. More particularly, a girl he found to be looking awfully familiar.

It couldn't be Hami Saruni, could it? The girl screaming for her life certainly did resemble the one he had shared class with while he had been undercover. Literature, if he recalled correctly. Oh, and she had also played the trombone. He himself played the saxophone, but she nonetheless had been impressed him with skill. It'd be a shame not to hear her play anymore, but he couldn't blow his cover. He should have known something like this could happen after the undercover mission. After all, he had returned to being a Shinobi. A tool of war. A merciless machine in service of his Raikage. Stop daydreaming you fool, they'll notice something if you don't react soon. Ah, the annoying self-berating voice had returned. Wonderful.

Natsu had come up with a plan however. He didn't quite trust the rioters to keep the guards completely occupied, not with their reinforcements showing up on the complex grounds. He'd use that against them though. "Very well, but please! Think of the people too!" The guardsman he was impersonating had a desperate look on his face. "Will you just leave them out there? I understand you cannot leave your post, but they'll be massacred if left defenseless! Possibly even worse! Can we at least shelter them in the complex? Just on the grounds, so they'll be protected?" He asked, though ran off before any guard could object. If he'd show up at their gates with a swarm of desperate civilians they'd have a hard time refusing.

Banging on the doors of the nearest buildings, disguise still intact, Natsu shouted as loud as he could. "You'll be given shelter at the Morimoto complex! Please follow me! You'll be safe within their walls!" It didn't take long before he had gathered a crowd about fifty people and growing who had not yet fled and were to scared to remain inside their homes. For such a common thing to happen, riots still did instill fear when it came dragging you out of your home. Quickly leading them to the complex, no more than five minutes passed, he had to fight back a smile. Either the grounds would soon be filled with civilians or the gates would be overcrowded by angry civilians, begging for safety. Add onto that the rioters who now were appearing in large numbers and the chaos would be complete.

[Word Count: 676]
[Mission Total Word Count: 6.853/1.600]
[Marked for Training]

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Do Natsu's ruse worked even better than he could have hoped, or, indeed, desired; very shortly he found himself crushed up against the gates as the frightened and greedy civilians of the capital poured toward the compound. The two guards leveled spears at the crowd, but with only two at the front and the gates closed, they had little chance to fend anyone off. The reinforcements from within the compound struggled to keep anyone from climbing the walls or forcing the gates. In little time at all, it seemed that real bloodshed was inevitable.

Around back, Zaku ensorcelled the eyes and mind of the lone guard, who wanted desperately to believe that nothing at all was going wrong even though all evidence pointed to the contrary. The two shinobi snuck quietly past him and, after a moment, figured out the trick to the concealed door. That accomplished, they slipped inside the rough tunnel's cramped confines and left the guard suspecting nothing.

The crude tunnel descended sharply onto a stone and dirt track which curled tightly to the left, directly under the complex proper. It was unlit, but the map of the compound had been accurate and they had no trouble navigating and avoiding most false turns. Their final viable option led into an ossuary. The glaring sockets of ancient skulls leered from the walls at the duo. The place was nearly covered in a fine layer of tan dust, but one skull at the rear wall of the dead end was curiously stained and had something of a sheen, much like a public statue or stone often caressed for luck.
OOC said:
The Situation

Do Natsu's scheme has him all but pinned down at the main gate to the Morimoto estate. Most of the guards are occupied at the walls and on the ground level of the estate.

Hikari and Zaku have managed to sneak beneath the estate without alerting the guard, who remains at the postern gate. More guards will be subsequently reinforcing that area.

There are no guards in the small tunnel maze that either Hikari or Zaku have detected. They have arrived in a smallish room, with enough space to stand shoulder to shoulder. The walls are embedded with skulls in a fashion which predates modern burial tradition. This ossuary chamber is where the heads of deceased, notable clan members are displayed. One is the trigger for a secret door in the vault, the location of which everyone could deduce from the provided materials.

Do does not need to post this round. PM me with any questions.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
We made our way past the guard with no fault on either of our part and managed to get the entrance to the indicated entrance open without much trouble either. We quickly entered the tight space and moved at a decent pace, at least, decent regarding the conditions we were in. I remained quiet for the time being as I didn't know if there were any guards within the area we were en-route to. Our path rapidly descended onto what seemed to be a cellar floor, or what seemed to be a cellar. So far, everything was going better than expected, which made me commit the gambler's fallacy and expect our luck to turn for the worse. My hand slowly reached into a pouch to pull out my kunai, my grip on it tighter than normal. However, my assumptions were not correct and we reached our destination-- a room full of skulls. I turned to look at Hikari with a roll of my eyes. I wanted to say something, but wasn't going to risk the threat of being heard even though we were pretty far away from any of the entrances. Who knows when someone would decide to come down and check on things anyways. I took in my surroundings and my eyes quickly fell upon the odd skull in the collection of others. I smiled and nodded my head toward the object, signifying the Hikari should do the honors. "Ladies first." I thought, a cheeky smile coming to my face. I humored myself like this a lot and quite enjoyed it.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari noted with a smile and a small bit of surprise, that Zaku’s jutsu worked rather well. Indeed, he’d played to the man’s fear, and provided him a happy little scene in which he was indeed alone and safe. She smirked when she thought about how his superiors would react when they realized that he’d been duped. Hikari felt a little weird about how few hitches has come up in their plans. She began to wonder, as they crept silently- or as near as they could get- along the passage, if the absence of guards or any sort of trap was due to Natsu’s distraction, or the presence of a nasty something in the immediate vicinity, which made the guards unnecessary.

She looked around noticing that the cellar was more like a closet. She snickered quietly. Skeletons. Closets. She then spotted the shiny one. Whereas everything else had been coated in a fine layer of dust, that appeared clean. She met Zaku’s eyes with a smirk of her own. She nodded at his nod, and took the lead. With the few short steps across the room behind her, she placed her hand on the skull- and half expecting something to try to bite her, she pulled the bone forward- much like a switch. Her right hand rested on her hammer as the skull tipped forward.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The skull gave the pair the nod. A narrow panel swung outward, dislodging quite a bit of flat-smelling dust onto the creamy yellow marble floor beyond. Touching the skull had left a thin, tacky layer behind on Hikari's hand; it had a slightly rancid smell, but didn't leave a stain.

The panel had opened into the vault itself, a blisteringly well-lit showcase of the Motomori clan's worldly assets. No one appeared to be inside, but their briefing had indicated that this place was more dangerous than it appeared. Glass-paneled cabinets displayed jewels raw and faceted, placed in settings and loose; chunks of incense and ambergris; claws, teeth, scales, and bones of S-ranked danger beasts; figurines, statuettes, and fetishes of precious metals, rare wood, and other exotic materials... On shelves with sliding glass doors were pieces of pottery by masters living and dead, nearly translucent porcelain vessels imported from far-off locales, aged scrolls with ornate seals and silk ribbons, and bound volumes with titles mysterious and titillating.

More tempting than the stacks of recent and aged currency in indecently open chests, more alluring than the beautiful paintings and statues of girls and youths in full bloom, were the swords, daggers, bows, and other implements of war attractively arranged on racks for inspection by discerning eyes.

Somewhere above the two robbers, the chaos Do Natsu had fomented was reaching its pitch. The bulk of the estate's forces were fortifying the compounds' walls against intruders and reinforcing the main and secondary gates. The overwhelming fear and anxiety had transformed into ugly rage bolstered by an undercurrent of desperation...

Hameru Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Inside! Quickly!” An elder man shouted from the back, believing the massive crowd too foolish to realize they could enter through a mere closed door. If only his old legs could’ve carrier him faster he might’ve been the one squashed between the fortified gates and a swarm of sweaty, mindless humans. He probably wouldn’t have survived long however, old bones quickly crushed to grind under this stampede. Natsu could swear he had seen one or two others go down and not get back up, ending up at the back of the crowd if luck had been in their favor. Though it was much more likely that anyone losing his footing here would end up a deformed, trampled mess of a corpse. It was hard to keep a positive outlook when some shouting fool was rubbing his armpit in your nose after all.

“I’ll break these damn doors myself if I have to, you hear!” The aforementioned foul-smelling fool from before screamed at the guards. It was of no use, and why would it. They hadn’t admitted to the hundreds of other pleas so far. Their only concern was keeping both this crazed mob and the quickly approaching horde of thugs as far as possible from their employer. Natsu found it curious how people very much like said employer had turned mental so quickly though. It was certainly something worth noting if he’d ever have to stage another riot. “You bastards! If those thugs don’t kill us, I’ll make sure to kill you myself!” The Chunin found it harder and harder not to smack the man across the face, instead being forced to remain in character of panicked guard.

Pushed to the front of the pack by the violent flow of the crowd, Natsu had had enough. He had had enough since his up-close meeting with more stinking armpits a person should ever have to endure. He was going to cheat, despite his numerous warnings about zero exposure. With this amount of witnesses no less, but that at the same time would be what kept him safe. The gates had already endured quite some pounding by now, he’d deliver the final blow. Channeling some Chakra to his fist, the Chunin created a protective glove of bone around his hand. Then following the flow of the crowd, he allowed himself to be pushed forward once more, driving his fist into the gate. A loud crack could be heard, the most clear sign of progress the panicking group had heard since they had begun their assault.

“It’s working! Again! Push! Push you damned weaklings!” A man shouted loud enough for the entire crowd to hear, as it sent an even more forceful wave towards the gate. Aided by Natsu’s handiwork, it finally splintered open, the defending guards rushing to put up another line in front of the gates. There was no stopping the zealous horde however, washing over the guards and flowing into the complex. Using the mass confusion to his advantages, Natsu once more performed the Henge no Jutsu he was becoming quite adept at, now somewhat resembling the guard who had politely refused to help before. If Natsu recalled correctly he had been on the people who had fallen to the ground earlier. Besides, Natsu didn’t require exact replication in this mass of people, focusing more on the outfit than the personal appearance. Diving behind the ranks of guards presuming him to be one of their poor comrades who had survived outside the gates, he set about the next part of his plan.

Not that Natsu had actually planned this far ahead. The Chunin was mostly free-styling at this point. And it was showing in the results of his plans. Mass confusion; repositioning of guards at the front gates; enough trouble to last for quite a while. Those were all good elements, however they also posed a big problem. Hikari and Zaku would have to work quickly, or the manor could very well be overrun by the time they could escape. Talking about escape, Natsu’d have to manage to get out of the manor as well. And he’d have to hear his companions informing him of their success. At least, that’s what he was hoped to be hearing soon. Deciding those to be troubles for later, he now grabbed a spear from a guard and helped them with keeping the citizens away from the living complex. They could have the grounds for all Natsu cared, as long as he could keep them away from the Vault for long enough. You two better be quick about this. The Chunin prayed silently, pushing away a man with the handle of his spear.

[Word Count: 797]
[Mission Total Word Count: 8.150/1.600]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I watched as she pulled the out of place skull, and the expected clicks and clanks of a hidden door vibrated in my ears. The panel came toward us and revealed a cold looking marble floor to which I soon approached with caution in my step. The light flooded the outer room as well, but I wasn't going to risk locking myself in the room, so I made sure to let Hikari go in before me and purposefully made a point of making sure the door wasn't going to close on us. As mentioned, my first thought after oogling the near by oddities was to look for any potential danger. However, my survey was short lived as my eyes traversed the surroundings and became distracted with the various jewels and expensive looking weapons. It was all pretty to the eye, and I was even tempted to take a couple coins as a souvenir. However something knocked sense back into me. It was the sense that I needed to perform exceptional work to show the leaders of the village that those without bloodlines can get work done as well. No, they wouldn't catch me stealing here-- not today.

"Let's grab what we came from and get the hell out of here. Search for the box, I got the others." I said in a low, gruff voice. My eyes began to search around the place for the blue stone with insect inside as well as the anklets. I'd let Hikari handle the box with the precious items as that one would probably be harder to find in the room of shine we resided within. The anklets were first to be found by my eyes, and I slowly made my way over there, careful not to hit anything in careless movement. We were supposed to be nonexistent. Doing so meant leaving the scene as if we never were here. So, I grabbed them slowly from the place they sat and then resumed by search for the insect trapped in a tomb. That one was hard to find, as it wasn't very big. But nevertheless, with patience my fingers grasped it from it's resting place on a shelf in the corner as I turned to Hikari. "Find the box? We should get out of here." I commented, allowing her to lead the way out if she had found it.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The skull came down with little resistance, which implied her that it was often used or simply well cared for. As the panel opened, and she took her hand away, noting with distaste the sticky texture, and the smell. She cringed and wiped the residue on her guards uniform. "Pretty damn gross." She grunted as she ducked inside.

The vault was impressive, and also pathetic. Why pathetic? The roaming gangs outside, the squalor of the town not far away... She wasn't one for the idea that all the world's problems would be solved if the wealth was redistributed, but when she could see mounds of beautiful things buried with the dead, she wondered if those who hoarded such wealth might do with a good lesson in poverty. When she spotted the weapons on the wall, a little part of her groaned. Implements of war. Lovely deadly things trapped, glittered and dulled. Made to sit upon shelves and gleam attractively to the eye. Hikari patted her hammer, promising that such a thing would not happen to it. She shook herself free of that line of reverie, and turned to finding the fine things the Sennin had sent them to retrieve.

Zaku seemed to be having a moment, so she began scanning the room for traps. Surely something would happen to warrant the warning about traps they had received. She didn’t see anything immediately, but that didn’t mean there wasn’t something gruesome awaiting. By the time she’d come to that conclusion, Zaku said gruffly, "Let's grab what we came from and get the hell out of here. Search for the box, I got the others."

Hikari stuck her tongue out at him, but accepted his lead. “Get to it then.” She said, already focusing on looking for the box. The two of them went into the room cautiously. It was an odd experience. She wondered when these treasures had last seen the light of day, or an admiring glance. She wondered what the point of such a trove might be save in old stories and dragon lairs. Then a rather ridiculous thought occurred to her. Mayhaps the Motmori- or whomever they were robbing- were dragons, and this was their horde. That was obviously the reason they were under scrutiny by the government. There was not enough room in this land for ninjas and dragons. The thought caused her to snicker.

Then, a nagging feeling occurred to her that said that rather than the midst of the wealth, she should look on one of the cases for seemingly ancient books. It said that this treasure was one that might have been meant to be secreted. The feeling was insistent enough that she turned about, and made directly for the case nearest her. Second shelf third book in, she grinned. Right next to that book, tucked back and almost behind, that which she sought lay partially obscured. If she hadn’t… known… where to look, she’d have missed it. She pulled it out delicately, careful to avoid disturbing the other titles- many of which were mildly disturbing, or seemingly gibberish. “Found you.” She grinned.

"Find the box? We should get out of here."

She agreed readily and took the lead, carefully and quickly, the pair exited the brilliant room. Hikari closed the door behind them, and gestured for silence. It was no time to become overconfident.

[MFT 561]

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Apologies in advance for a brief post. I am exhausted today and don't want to force you to wait to conclude things. This is the last round of the mission proper. After you post your exit detailing your covert escape, re-enter the village using the same briefing topic. Sei will let you in and accept your ill-gotten gains, and then I will post for payment. Go nuts! Thank you for your efforts.

As the duo sought and located the specified goods, the encountered the singular, hair-raising sensation which certain types of genjutsu inspired. Alas, neither the shinobi nor the kunoichi could detect exactly what was going on... Only that the place was almost certainly rich with very nasty traps. Thus the robbers wisely limited themselves to nicking only that which ought to be nicked, and upon snatching up the goods, swiftly set about making their exit.

The guards above were out in full force, yet they were concentrating on keeping the restless masses from getting in, rather than preventing anyone from getting out. The tunnel did not seem to exit at any point outside of the estate's walls, which meant the pair had to manage a circumspect exit at the postern and either scale the wall or slip past the guard. They had been informed that a clean exit was part of the mission's imperative. No one needed to know that ninja had been there and taken things, lest suspicion fall on Kumogakure no Sato.

Though he was pressed at the gate for now, Do Natsu would need to make his own circumspect withdrawal at some point--either during the riot or after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back