Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Job Half Done [S-Rank SSM]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru sighed again, how many times had the man next to him asked the same question.

”The same distance I just told you a little while ago minus the distance we’ve walked in fifteen minutes, considering your pace it hasn’t really changed that much. Maybe a mile closer.” Kamaru said.

The man next to him snared a bit looking at his distainfully. He muttered about them being lost probably and shuffled onward towards their goal.

*Flashback*
Kamaru shook his head wondering if this was the best of ideas. The man had filed a complaint and Kamaru had come down to look at the claim when the man had gone into an exacerbated display of why the system was flawed and why ninjas these days weren’t as exceptional as they thought. Kamaru asked the man if he thought the job he had requested was easy and worth the money he paid only to get the man scoffing about money wasn’t the issue, the courier probably getting lost or losing the package was his main concern. Kamaru sighed for the first time after meeting the man and slide his hands into his pants pockets before he asked the man if he wanted to go looking for the package with him. The man stated yes and walked out and towards the gate. Kamaru shook his head and caught up and asked the man if he was dressed and prepared for traveling the distance in a short amount of time. Realization of the distance seemed to come into the man’s mind and the drip had been postponed till the next morning.

Kamaru was surprised to see the man there, considering his bravado beforehand maybe he thought he’d lose face if he didn’t show. Kamaru shrugged and started off on the journey.

Not even a half hour in the man asked if they were there yet. Reminding the man he had to slow down for him got another scowl and mutterings of probably being just as lost as the courier. Kamaru looked at the single open road in front of him and the man before shaking his head and continuing on.
*End Flashback*

They played the ‘Are we there yet?’ game for a few more hours before they came to the last point the courier had checked in, a small tea shop on the side of the road. Hajime Kaneda, the man with Kamaru looked happy for the first time since they began as he flopped down on a bench and snagged a man as he went by, ”When you get a chance I’d like some tea and snacks.” he stated and went to relaxing. He eventually noticed the man looking down at him to which he tried to shoo the man away explaining he was thirsty and wanted his order. ”I don’t work here you little snot!” the man shot back. Kamaru hide his face when Kaneda muttered he looked like it. When the man grabbed him by the collar and pulled him to his feet Kamaru mimicked being death when he heard his name being called in a high pitched tone.

”He’s actually kinda delicate so if you’re going to beat him up I should probably find a shovel now to bury the body with.” Kamaru stated looking at the two before moving off to ask for the desired tool, ”If you keep him alive though can you leave one eye for him to see out of, I need him to identify the package that was lost on the road ahead if I find it.”

Taking his time he came back to seeing the man sitting on the bench with Kaneda kneeling in front of him with several lumps and bruises about his body. ”You heard about what happened on the road ahead?” the man asked Kamaru getting an apologetic shake of his head no in reply. ”Tween here and the Deadwoods there’s been something coming out of them and grabbing things, people too. Ain’t safe, me letting this sorry sap live might mean he meets his fate in another more natural selection.” the man explained.

”Deadwoods?” Kamaru asked a bit confused.

”The Petrified Redwoods man, you ain’t from round here huh? You don’t look like Akatsuchi Farmlands’ folk between the two of you.” the man explained shaking his head.

Kamaru shrugged since it was true, ”Hajime you coming or staying here? I got to look for the package and the courier, if there’s something attacking people along the route I should probably look into it.” he explained looking at the man on his knees.

After getting something to drink Kamaru was off again, he was surprised to see Hajime coming with him, Kamaru figured he was more scared of the dangers he knew than the one’s he didn’t know about. Good or bad choice for Hajime though Kamaru picked up his pace and started scanning his surroundings. With the path soon threading through the Petrified Redwoods Kamaru soon felt someone holding his forearm and stopped moving before he felt someone bump into him.

”You do realize if something attacks me and I dodge it you’re going to get hit by it right?” Kamaru offered scanning the area.

Hajime stiffened a bit and clenched onto Kamaru’s arm harder. Looking along the line of sight of the man Kamaru also saw the blue glowing lights flickering in the treeline dancing and moving towards them.

”What it’s just some creepy lights floating around, if they come this way what’s the worse that could happen? It takes your soul or something?” Kamaru stated feeling the hand let go of his arm and watched the man take off in a sprint. He kinda had a feeling the guy could run when he wanted to. Following the man while scanning the area didn’t add in any other dangers. On an open stretch Kamaru felt Hajime start to lose steam.

Kamaru enjoyed the silence for a change, the ‘Are we there rest?’ questions had been replaced by glanced behind them looking for anything coming towards them or from the forest when Hajime heard a noise. When Kamaru stopped the the man stopped as well bending at his knees and looked around.

”What do you see?” he whispered looking around.

Kamaru had stopped when he saw the branch move in an odd pattern. It didn’t match the bush it was in making Kamaru wonder about it. Scurrying behind Kamaru Hajime followed as Kamaru jumped into the underbrush. He winced when he looked at the branch holder. Mostly when he saw the man’s leg. A large chunk of muscle was missing and the greening white area around the wound had Hajime gagging.

”Courier?” asked going through seals. The weak nod didn’t look that much better when Kamaru thought did what he could for the poison and wound. Pulling out some supplies he gave the man something to drink.

”Package?” Kamru asked getting the man feebly pointing in a direction getting a nod from Kamaru.

”Hajime, stay here.” Kamaru stated starting to move off before he felt a hand grab him.

”Where are you doing? You can’t just leave me!” Hajime hissed.

Kamaru cocked his head in the man’s direction looking him up and down, ”This is what I came out here for, it’s what you came out here for, that package. Also I have a man down who is your best defense against whatever did this. You can come if you like but you’re probably going to get hurt and I don’t have the time to protect you and look for the package.” Kamaru explained wrenching his arm away.

Moving up the path and looking at the area Kamaru went into the forest. Seeing shuriken and kunai knives on tress had Kamaru figuring he was on the right path when he save the package in a clearing. Looking around he didn’t see anything… granted he didn’t hear anything either. It was way to quiet and easy he thought remembering the man’s injury. Kamaru thought about how to deal with this.

A figure walked out straight towards the package. The viscous gob that flew out and latched onto his leg stuck pulling him up into the sky. A mass jumped to it wrapping it rapidly in webbing before it stopped. The creature regarded it and dropped the body to the floor far below. Mud oozed from between the webbing and Kamaru smiled at the creature finally picked up on the true him. Lightning came down from the sky slamming into the creature.

As it chittered and moved a few seconds later Kamaru swore as the creature moved at him directly. Kamaru didn’t know first hand what burnt wet dog hair smelt like. At the creature got close he had a general idea from the stench around it. As Kamaru moved about and tried to evade the creature constantly repositioned to attack with webbing. Kamaru knew he was in trouble when he back pedalled at one point and his foot stuck. The sudden mass that pinned him was silent and efficient in his movement, acidic saliva dripped from the creature’s mandibles to Kamaru underneath it shaking his head and smirking. He looked over to the clear at the package that was gone. A realization at the oddity had the creature looking around and clicking in confusion trying to fathom why it’s prey was here but the bait was gone. The gout of lava that exploded from underneath Kamaru exploded his body that seemed to skitter into ash and gas. The creature howled and moved deeper into the woods.

Kamaru looked at the signs he had etched into the tree line on several trees.
Caution man eating spiders in the area, use caution.

Finding the duo in the bushes Kamaru tossed Hajime his package. ”Lets get him to the town you were going to for medical attention and deliver your package. Should be a bit easier now.” Kamaru stated looking around for supplies to build a sled to pull the man on.

It was a simple enough mission to complete after that, granted he was for the most part carrying someone and had a traveling companion that was still on high alert until they go to the small village. Other than that it was a nice little walk.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back