Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Lukewarm Cold Case [S Rank SSM]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru stared and looked at the man next to him, although the man was probably at least 15 years his senior he quietly apologized to Kamaru.

Suddenly the man Kamaru had previous been staring at came out of his trance screaming as he ran around. ”THE SPIRITS ARE AMONG US!!!!” he screamed in pain almost as he flailed a small bunch of sage around him as he moved about the room. ”Back! BACK I SAY! Go to the eternal place among the elements. Return to whence we were created!” he suddenly yelled falling to his knees and his eyes rolling back as he talked in muttering gibberish.

”Whence?” Kamaru asked looking at the older man raising an eyebrow after watching the man for a bit.

”My apologies, the owners hired him to ‘assist’ by expelling the spirits of the dead from the place.” the man explained.

Kamaru dismissed it and moved away from the spectacle beckoning that man with him, ”I”m not too worried, if it helps it helps, so what do we have Detective Wataru?” Kamaru explained before the man nodded apologetically again and took him upstairs and opened a door and then an umbrella.

”Victims were in their 30s, in bed sleeping supposedly. Why the second person lay still while the first was brutally assaulted is unclear for certain at this point.” the man started pointing at the remains of one of the couple on the bed among the tape and evidence tags. ”We’re not sure where the other half of the other body is either.” he added. It was horrific, odd, and a bit baffling. One body had been brutally murdered, there were signs of a struggle, blood spattered everywhere on one side of the room up to the ceiling. the other half of the room split down the center of the bed was pristinely clean though. The other victim’s body bisected with not a drop of blood on their side of the room… it was definitely odd

This didn’t seem to involve shinobi at all though and if it didn’t actually involve ghosts it would be officially Kamaru’s first normal case in a considerably long time. Granted there was the fact that meant a normal person did all this which indicated something about the world around him as well, it was kind of jacked up. Leaving the room the detective showed Kamaru the other areas of the house. It looked like no one broke in, and besides the signs of struggle in the bedroom the scene was normal, Wataru had seen this before though, when he was a beat cop he provided security for when a string of these murders came to pass, granted it was when he was in his mid 20s and he was now pushing over 50 and going into retirement soon. They hadn’t found the killer but they had found the other body halves surgically put back together. Although Wataru wasn’t the only one on the force from way back when this all happened he was the most knowledgable. Kamaru didn’t say much as he reviewed and studied notes, evidence logs, photos, and interviews. Besides tapping on a coffee cup as he worked he didn’t really make that much noise or have much to say.

When finished Kamaru looked up at the man, ”The bodies found were arranged in dioramas to look like close families of a father, mother, daughter, and son? They were all actually the bodies of victims… actually each body were two people ‘sewn’ together. Five scenes were found three of which were completed the others just had a sketch of how to arrange and the bodies sewn up ready for display. Five scenes, 20 bodies, 40 murders but if it was all couples it’s possibly about 80 people total murdered.” Kamaru summed going over the hard hitting facts about the warped find.

The detective sighed and nodded explaining they only could match ten of the bodies which only connected to forty of the total murders in some way. Why the person had stopped killing was unclear. Why they were doing what they were doing was unclear.

”There’s either someone in their 50s or 60s running around doing this again, a ghost or…” the detective began.

”You have a copycat killer.” Kamaru finished for him. The implications of the last option mentioned didn’t seem to sit well with the detective.

From reading through the files besides happy and being a loving couple the people had no actual line of similarity between the group. Besides two factors, they were couples between the ages of 20 to their late 30s and none of them had kids. Kamaru didn’t know about them having kids meant something or that the victims were all young couples. This case was pretty perplexing. Kamaru sighed and stood explaining working from the information from the curent ones backwards maybe might show new angles the detective hadn’t seen yet. After talking to the person who was the next of kin they inquired about the Spirit talkig man. Kamaru was confinced it was a hoax but he changed his mind when she explained he showed up after the police did not by her own design. A free service was also fishy since if it was a scam there was no way to make money off something you offer for free.

While the detective kept asking a few more questions Kamaru excused himself to the bathroom and looked around for a bit. Eventually when he came back Kamaru opted to suggest talking to the Spirit Talker maybe he saw something others hadn’t seen. Like a spirit.

Knocking on his door got the standard response one would expect from cops showing up. Nervousness and loss of eye contact. Questions on why he had shown up and what he had ‘felt’ with the spirits had answers coming out of the man, Kamaru wasn’t buying it. As he looked around the man watched his casual gaze cautiously. Kamaru looked straight at him while he looked around and smiled. The man didn’t seemed to like the teasing to see if he’d give something away. They really didn’t have anything so they opted to leave. The detective was a bit surprised hearing a picture frame break and bounce when it hit the ground. As a piece of paper came fluttering up Kamaru watched the Spirit Talk dash to grab it mid air.

”Spirits?” Kamaru inquired the man flashing Kamaru a startled look. ”Did spirits break your frame and push the piece of paper into the air?” Kamaru clarified in front of the silent man. ”Stay in town please we might have more questios.” Kamaru stated on his way out.

”Was it really spirits? the detective asked finally outside the man’s place.

Kamaru shrugged, ”Whatever it was it was something he didn’t want us to see… Guess I’ll do some digging.” he shot back. All Kamaru had seen was a name.

Seeing the Spirit Talker scam man on the docks getting ready to get on a boat didn’t suprise Kamaru. Suddenly blurting out something to the man from on the ship did startle the man as he looked back to the docks and around the area.

”I said not to leave town. Please come with me sir.” Kamaru stated. The man was startled to say the least, his body and bag were taken and he found himself being carted off quite briskly.

”I think you dropped this the owner’s of the house now say they don’t think it’s the couples.” Kamaru stated tossing a ring onto the table in front of the man. The jerked but explained it wasn’t his, he was going to pick it up but opted not to. Kamaru stared at the man for quite some time. Twenty minutes later the man wondered if Kamaru was just waiting on him to confess something. Kamaru nodded no and continued to stare. When about an hour had gone by in silence Kamaru thought for a bit.

[Flashback]
Having watched the man move about Kamaru initially thought it was a hoax to make people think he was being attacked by ghosts or to sell the act. Kamaru did notice the man was constantly looking down, and not around him but at things in the area along the walls. Mostly for something that was under a ledge, table, shelves, or something it seemed. Maybe it was part of the act of being possessed or just a silly way to look through the house full of people and cops.

Kamaru had cross referenced the name on the paper his digging paid off but it took most of the day to do. The Spirit Talker had spent most of his time from a child in a mental istitute being realised five years ago jumping around from job to job. It seemed his father had been talking care of him, seemed like a normal guy until once day he up and killed himself it seemed. The son shut down in ways it seemed. A little more digging had the single father married but his wife left supposedly not like a controlling husband bent on telling her the ideals of how she should be acting.
[/End Flashback]

”So you don’t want your dad’s ring?” Kamaru asked a bit surprised, even if it was a fake expression the man balked a bit. ”Considering your time at your previous residence you must want to hold onto it, thinking about the good memories the two of you made together, until someone stumbled onto a storage area littered with bodies sewn together… You father killed himself soon after that didn’t he? Raising a son on his own after having your mother leave must have been rough on you… You sure you don’t want it?” Kamru poked.

The man’s nervousness and indecisive nature changed, replaced by rage he tried to get up and move towards Kamaru but his arm restraints kept him in the chair.

”So yes or no? Mom and Dad get into an argument on how they should be, the two of them, it was a rocky marriage for a while. Mom finally said enough was enough and left. Left her husband and child and got away. Too many nights of getting punched in the face, mostly by her husband when he didn’t have his little helper right? With her gone he didn’t like seeing all the other couples around him. Happy, no kids. In a healthy relationship. So he started killing people. He got good at it. Went on to use his skills at the slaughter house to dice up people and sew them back together. Had to show you the ideal family values right? Needed to have some specimens depicting it. Why they had to be dead and seperate people doesn’t make sense to me but I’m not the killer or the once setting this up. But they found his stash and he couldn’t finish. Couldn’t start over. With the wife leaving him and his obession delayed or put on hold it was too much. He killed himself. The killings stopped. And he left a young boy by himself who couldn’t handle life all by himself. Granted this boy knew how to kill. But no one knew the father’s secret. Or that he showed his son so many secrets that he kept… kept them inside and buried for over twenty years. Until you got out and could show the world… That little monster Daddy raised and trained had grown up.” Kamaru stated in an even tone.

They had looked through his place, found his stash of tools and equipment, powders to slow one’s perception and keep them docile, docile enough to kill someone next to you with a plastic baricade and not stop or help them.

The man laughed after hearing it all, the fact they had evidence but still didn’t know why was funny to him. They were stupid. He opted to enlighten them.

”The bodies were sewn together to show broken people. People born with dark weak bodies and pasts trying to trying to live their lives righteously. My mother the whore, she always showed another man and his child kindness. My father thought she was sleeping with him wanted to be his wife, he told me stories of how she wanted to have the other child as her own, take care of another child. She was OURS. She didn’t realize it. Father told her time and time again. I told her too but she wouldn’t listen. She didn’t stay when we let her know forcefully and opened her eyes. She left since she knew her shame. She couldn’t love the family she had and was jealous. Always jealous… I had several long years to rethink of what my father taught me and how to improve on his techniques. It wasn’t easy to set up. I could have tripled his legacy with my own. You id-” he spat out before he felt something cold against his face before everything went black. Kamaru whistled wiping the end of his Jitte on the man’s clothes, ”Whoops that kinda slipped when I was adjusting myself in my seat. Anyway you were saying? Sir? Meh, oh well. That’s enough I guess.” Kamaru said motioning to take him to a cell.

Kamaru kind of wondered about if he would have figured things out if that piece of paper hadn’t come floating through the air out of the blue… was it really a Ghost or just bad luck for the guy? Kamaru dismissed thoughts of trying to figure out Cosmic Karma and saw an older detectives hand extended for him to shake.

”Sir.” Kamaru stated giving him a curt nod before leaving. At least that was one less thing the man would be thinking about at night when he retired.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back