Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Main Branch Event [open to all MB]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The invitation said:
To the shinobi of Kumogakure who fall under the category of Main Branch

We have suffered great loss these past months. Two sennin have fallen, and another has risen. I invite you in my official capacity as your new Sennin, to a meet and greet with several of your leaders. This invitation extends to the students in the academy and their headmaster, of course, as well as any and all shinobi employed by our village, and not specifically involved with either ANBU or the Medical branch, although we would not turn out any of our brothers or sisters from those branches who wished to show their support. We will be introducing some new figures as Gate captain, Spymaster, and (perhaps if we can get Tama to come to an official event) Ambassador, as well as Hand, and our returning Veteran Sennin. There will be a short ceremony with refreshments and recreation to follow.

I hope to see you there
Sennin Tanaka Hikari
After Hikari had finished them, the invitations had been sent to the appropriate people and posted in common areas. She planned to have as many people as possible attend, and to promote a few people. She remembered the last such event she’d attended, and how it had jumpstarted her in the position she’d held for over two years. She headed from her office, to meet with Kiritani Saya, the owner of the Dragon’s rest hotel. They had an agreement to use the Dragon’s Rest for official purposes, in return for the regular patronage and a government subsidy overseen by Hikari, via her friend Shashu. “I’ll be holding an event here a week from tomorrow,” She told a clerc, “I’d like to speak with Saya san.”

“One moment, please, Tanaka sama.” He said, scribbling something down. After he was done, he said, “Please follow me.” He stood up and walked around the dark wooden counter, toward a small waiting area. “I’ll just let her know you’re here, then you can come in.” He said, entering a large posh office. There was a sound of low murmuring, then the door opened again.

“Tanaka dono.” Saya bowed, “How do you do? I was informed of your recent promotion, I hope our arrangement is remembered.”

“It is, of course, Saya san.” She bowed as well, “I am, in fact, here on a professional matter. I wish to use your hotel as a venue for a moderately sized even next week.”

“As Nori told me.” She said, nodding a the man who still stood near the door. “How much space will you be using?”

“I was thinking an assembly room, and access to your recreational facilities for afterward, as well as refreshments.”

“Something a bit like the Shinrya affair?”

“Not quite so fine, but yes, a bit like that.” She smiled.

“I’m always happy to do business with you, Tanaka dono.” Saya said. “Will there need to be rooms for any out of country visitors?”

“Not today, Saya san.” She said, as they began to hammer out the details involved.
Physically the Dragon's Rest is an impressive building, standing at five stories tall and taking up most of a city block. The first floor houses the lobby, kitchens, dining hall, spa, and employee areas. The second floor houses various gaming rooms as well as a top-class bar & lounge. The third and fourth floors are dedicated to conventional rooms, while the fifth floor is reserved for high-class suites. The lion's share of the first floor is taken up by the in-house spa, while the space above it on the second, third, and fourth floors is used for a courtyard garden. Saya has devoted a great deal of time and money to making sure the Dragon's Rest keeps its reputation as the best place to stay in Kumo, so every inch of the hotel, from the drapes to the end-tables, are all hand-picked to offer the best aesthetic experience no matter who the customer might be.
[mft:650+]
[[ooc: though the Dragon’s rest isn’t officially up yet, I figure we may as well start. Hikari is not yet present, but you can start posting. There are only a few people present, and most of them are staff.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Whirlwind after whirlwind of news and changes had been happening ever since Masao had come to her doorstep. That was the last time she had ever gotten peace. The last time she had smiled with such purity. She missed Masao, the father that she had always wanted. It wasn't fair that she had lost so much time with him. There were so many lessons he had left to teach her. Haruka lived in a swirling storm of regret and words left unsaid. Now, with Natsu's passing, another person was added to that storm. More memories burned her. More words lingered on her tongue never to be said. Despite how stuck in the past she had been, the Haku had resolved to move forward with the rest of her branch.

Hikari was new sennin, a decision she saw coming as soon as Natsu had fallen into a coma. It still hurt her. It didn't feel right. In the passing of power, the old leaders were eventually forgotten. Or their legend lived so long to see that the person they really were be covered by the rumors and fairy tales. Masao would become a legend, alongside his wife. Haruka knew one day she'd hear the youngest members of the shinobi army speak of them as if they knew just who Takaki Masao was. But they would never knew just how wonderful he was. And she would know that no more either. Haruka would never protest the decision of her Raikage, so she would never question Hikari's ability to lead. All the woman could do was support her from here on out. Their friendship was what kept the Shima from harboring ill feelings. She knew her negativity would pass in time to come, but she still grieved.

As with everything changing, their came the time to finally settle it in stone. When the letter came, Haruka felt the heaviness in her heart grow weightier. The village needed stability once again. It was time to face the fact that Cloud was no longer the same with her return from Roenesia. Hikari was entrusting her with Spymaster. As her dark eyes read the word, she grew numb. Next in line for sennin, as far as hierarchy went. The role that Natsu had served in for years. She was familiar with its workings. And even more familiar with the network he had set up. She had never imagined herself to one day fill the role though.

Haruka was surprised to find herself the first to show up to the meeting as she entered the empty assembly room. Even Hikari wasn't to be seen. The Haku slipped quietly into a seat. Always early, she'd have to deal with watching the attendants move about.

[Topic Entered; My NPC, Nara Kotaza (Head Mistress of the Academy) will enter next round]
[MFT. 456]

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I awoke to my mother banging on my door, apparently the fact that I got mail makes it okay to wake me up. She yelled at me to get up and slipped my mail under the door. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and picked up the letter. "To the shinobi of Kumogakure who fall under the category of Main Branch.... I hope to see you there Sennin Tanaka Hikari." I frowned, it was confusing for me to be receiving a letter from the new Main Branch Sennin. I only spoke to Masao directly once or twice, but the respect every Shinobi showed him created an image of him in my head. He doesn't seem like an everyday Shinobi, he seems like the kind of person who will just live on forever in his own greatness. He is and will be a legend. I pushed the bias out of my head, in order for Hikari to be the new Sennin she must be just as strong and respected as Masao.

I followed the directions to the Dragon's rest hotel and made small talk with some other Shinobi I came across on the way. I arrived alone and was convinced I was in the wrong place until I saw a woman sitting by herself watching the staff move around and prepare for the event. I didn't recognize her at all, I figured she looked a bit older than myself and was probably a chuunin or higher. uhm, excuse me, are you here for the Main Branch event, I'm Ren main branch Genin. I extended a hand as I introduced myself scanning the woman with my eyes as I spoke. She was very easy to look at, a faint vanilla smell was radiating off of her which just made her even more attractive.

It struck me that she was probably old enough to have personal relationships with Masao and Natsu, this was probably a seriously upsetting time for her. I felt bad and wanted to know how she felt but thats not just something that can easily be brought up. I waited for a response and hoped she would be emotionally stable, I have no idea how long we'll be alone for.
[WC374]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hm?" She was stirred from her deep thoughts by the small extension of an introduction. She turned her head towards the voice, her usual stoic stare cut through the air at the genin. Her dark eyes rested on his hand for a moment, not really sure if she wanted to take it and invite small talk. She rose up, her burning raven hair rustled over her shoulders as she stirred. As traditional as since the day she was born, Haruk opted to bow instead of shake the young man's hand. Her muscles tensed as she stood on point in perfect posture, standing upright once again to lay her dark gaze against his. Her posture told him nothing but that she was an orderly soldier with an unparalleled sense of grace. She was clad in the standard uniform for Jounin, but nothing could mask the beauty of the Shima woman. "Shima Haruka, Jounin. It looks like we are the first to arrive." She spoke without interest in her tone.

"Are you a fresh graduate, genin? I don't recall ever seeing you before around the Torre." Not that she had seen many people in her time. She had only spent a little over two years in the branch and a solid year was spent in Roenesia on her first solo mission. That thought made Haruka grimace. Only a year under her belt and Hikari was entrusting her with such an important duty. Still, she was not under qualified. Haruka had spent her time under Masao and Natsu, but to ascend the ranks so fast was uncommon. It could do nothing but create jealousy from many of the shinobi of the branch. Although it was not a rare thing these days. Hikari had ascended rather quickly. If Haruka knew correctly she was only just recently made a Jounin. The Tanaka might not have been as strong as the Shima, but Haruka was sure the ginger was far more competent at leading. She had only just begun to learn how to be a leader. Her last mission had been the preparation she had needed. Ironically, she had her father to thank for that.

Haruka examined Ren once more. Nothing especially stood out about him when it came at a first glance. To her, that was a good thing. A kid who had just stepped out into the world. Easily molded to the needs of the branch. She wondered where he would land himself after the dust had settled with this meeting. What did Hikari have planned for them? The niece of Masao, with a title like that, she'd have a lot to live up to. She followed in very heavy footsteps. But, Haruka would see to it that she would not fall. Hikari would be the one to drag them out of the pits. She would make this branch ascend once more, as her uncle had done before.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Day or night, his eyes stayed open. His consciousness had left him. Lost deep within the bowls of that demonic place. Lost in some sort of lavished home.

A palace in his mind, a palace of corpses. Dead strewn about, yet he pressed forward, or was it backwards? The walls draped in gore, the smell stinging his nostrils with each flare. His feet were moving at a steady pace, he did not run, nor was it a simple walk. Just quickly moving, searching. An exit? No, a room. A simple room or was it more important then he concluded? As the young man paused through one long corridor of rotted display of unlife. The sound of a child's laughter hit his ear, he knew this laugh.

His feet followed the sound, to a door, a simple wooden door. Poorly crafted, looked completely out of place from the rest of the design in the hall. A gentle nudge of his hand opened the door to a room, it was a small room. A fireplace was well lit and burning brightly. The walls of old stone and dirt. Sitting in front of a fireplace was a rocking chair, sitting in the chair looked to be a sprawled out body. A women, long flowing dark hair hide her face, but her blooded neck exposed. A massive bite wound. Like a feral animal gnawed upon what was once pink flesh, into a bloody mess.

Satou etched forward, walking around the chair to look at who held the body. It did not shock him, merely his frown tightened as his fists clenched. His eyes tried to fathom what he saw. It was a young boy, black raven hair much like the women he held onto, the boy was staring into the flames. Smiling, red caked along his lips and throat. His eyes looked glazed, euphoric. Satou felt it, it was his first meal. "So that's how it started..." both of them whispered in unison.

The boy glanced over to the older self. Without word, without much reaction, the boy pointed back to the doorway. "Someones coming. He's gonna wake up soon." The hallway was not a hallway anymore, but once you leave the room, you find yourself surrounded by vast desert. Satou stood outside the room, the heat immediately burned through him, the door slamming shut behind him. His younger self shouting out as the door closed. "Don't forget what you are!"

He mumbled it as his feet moved across sand, bare foot. He could feel it, in between his toes as it burned like hot coals. He could not keep control of time. The sun did'nt move. The vast waste of sand was overwhelming. Soon he collapsed to his knee's, the sand burning through his skin. The world blurring, his lips dryly pressed to mumble. "What am I?" He asked to nothingness. And the nothingness replied: "You are a Monster."

A blink of the eyes and before him was the creature. The shambling giant corpse covered in clothing of the dead. Bones of chains hung about him, skulls of humans long since diseased draped about him. Its skin is pale as snow, its eyes ruby colored like gems. "Its not time yet, wake up." It grumbled.

There was a knock at the door.

Satou blinked only twice before his lumbering form answered the door. Only a small crack open to let the letter slip through, a mumbled thank you as he took the letter and closed the door. Shambling back to his hard uncomfortable bed, plopping down and opening up the small notice. Glancing it over, his bright glowing red eyes read everything he needed to know, doubling it over for memories sack. Throwing it somewhere in that massive void of insanity and tossing the paper somewhere in his dank dark room.

He had a job, a promise to keep. He stood up from his bed, shambling over to the sink and mirror, lighting the nearby candle. Nothing brighter, else he eat the flame itself to be left in the solace of darkness in waking hours. He looked to the shattered mirror. It was still decent enough of a reflection to shave the bit of stubble growing, his hair was now more well kept. His need for better hygiene improved from the years of sleeping deep in his mind. After a shower, grooming his hair, putting on a nice cologne and suit. He headed out. His shades pulled from his side pocket. Hiding the illuminating red flare of his demonic eyes from mere humans to see. It helped keep people calm around him.

He had made it to the hotel without much trouble, entering as everyone else did. He came in with his hands in his pockets. His stare strait forward to the receptionists desk. But as he entered, he paused about halfway across the lobby. He wanted the moment of time to gather himself. Drawing out a pack of cigarettes and lighting a smoke. He inhaled a long steady drag. Letting the cigarette hang on his lips loosely, his eyes scanning the room. Wondering what to do next. His mind wandered to alcohol.

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The woman seemed to blink back into focus as I introduced myself, "hm?" she rested her gaze on me- or through me- before it swiftly moved to me hand. Suddenly I was watching her hair rustle as she stood up and took a deep bow with flawless balance. I nonchalantly rubbed my outstretched hand through my hair: who am I to judge how traditional some people are. Right when I felt like the bow was supposed to be over it was, the perfection was odd. Her piercing look split me in half as she finally replied. "Shima Haruka, Jounin. It looks like we are the first to arrive." Her tone came across as lethargic and a tad condescending. I only perceived it that way because it was so formal and formalities such as this weren't my thing.

"Are you a fresh graduate, genin? I don't recall ever seeing you before around the Torre." Hm, am I still a new guy? I mean, I've been a genin for over a year now. ah, not quite. I've enjoyed being a genin for a while now. Oh, and the pleasure is mine Haruka-san. I met the cutting gaze of the Jounin with the soft stare of my own. The formality really did make me ridiculously uncomfortable, I made a mental note to try me best to lighten to mood once everyone else arrived. Shit.. I've been a genin for a long time and I haven't even began to think about the requirements to take the chuunin exam, better get on that. It wasn't really my fault though, chuunin exams are the least important thing the main branch is dealing with right now. With Hikari coming to replace Masao that was everyones main focus, us genin will just have to wait until the storm dies down.

Yomoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
And but of course, other people had gotten there before he did. The Jounin would have probably gotten there earlier if he was told the exact time to get there. But sense there was no set time to be there and it was an all day event, he decided to show up when he did.

He wore one of his nicer white suits with his hair in its normal "shaggy" looking state. If anyone truly understood what a pain in the ass his hair was in the morning, they might actually have some type of sympathy for the Jounin. but alas, no one knew him that intimately. A bad thing, no... not exactly. Being a lone wolf fit him nicely in fact it kept him from dealing with idiots. The jounin stood at five feet, eleven inches tall and wore white shoes to match his call white tuxedo with a black bow tie.

He walked into the hotel in which he was told to come to for this conference... or meeting.. or whatever you wanted to call it. Three people had arrived, besides the staff that was working. He only knew one of them. The youngest one of the bunch as well. Ren his name was and he met him while meeting the red haired little girl. Her name would come to him later; maybe he'd even see her here tonight. She was a student after all and this was for all main branch people. Unless of course Kumogakure did things differently.

Kane walked into the lobby, saw one guy smoking and Ren talking to a young woman. He immediately just went to the bar and got a glass of whiskey on the rocks straight. He took a sip and looked around. Not the one to start a conversation. He would just stand at the bar and sip his drink. Waiting to be told where to go for this little event that was being put on.

WC: 326
mft

[topic entered]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[size=4][b][color=#FF8000]iNPC Oka Miri[/color][/b][/size]"]Contempt. That was the only feeling she had when she entered the room dressed to the nines in her leathers and slacks. She left her post at the gates, and dressed up all pretty to do just as the letter had suggested: show her support for the new Main Branch Sennin. Once again, the forever kind and understanding Raikage lifted his hammer of leadership and forged another great decision that was to push Kumogakure into a great and prosperous future. By placing a teenager at the head of the largest and strongest military division in the country. Really, Oka Miri would have laughed her ass off until she cried if the whole situation wasn’t so damn pathetic.

No eye contact was made while she walked straight to the bar. Discretely, she picked out three exits in case of an emergency and pinged in on the high ranking shinobi she might need to defend at a moment’s notice. Other, more faceless shinobi than she meandered in like they were entering a great party. There was probably going to be laughter and shenanigans abound once the evening really started to get going. Miri, however, would remain as she always was.

“The strongest thing you have. Not sweet, not savory, and I will take personal glee in making your night miserable if it is minty.” She said as soon as the bartender approached. Sitting at the stool, she hunched herself over and pulled a tray of treats closer, biting into one as she stared at those at the party through the mirror back-dropped against the shelves of liquor. The Shima woman was well known not only for her current rank, but also for her name who seemed to be speaking to a boy of no importance. There was a smoker in shadow… he seemed to be keeping to himself… and a man at the bar to her right. When the waiter came back with her drink, she glanced, taking note of the man before picking up her glass with one hand and sipping the clear liquid. Others were filtering in, but so far these were the people that stood out to her.[/legend]

Hijoshikina Meiryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Ouch…” She felt the tugging and the constriction. While her mother was not much a fan of the barbaric outfits, Meiryo insisted. Pulling just a tad bit tighter she squeaked one more time and then breathed out. She nodded and said, “Okay Mom, that’s enough.” The thirteen year old was pretty old to be an academy student, but that did not mean she was in many ways developed as a young woman. She had to admit being a little annoyed at the lack of any features that one would call appealing. She looked at the midnight black dress she had gotten. Nothing fancy or expensive, mainly due to her being unable to afford it. It was a basic dress that went down to her ankles but the really beautiful part was the fact the top was a corset. They had gotten this dress a bargain because the original bratty girl said it was not right and never bought what she had made…as such it moved eventually to a lower price. She used to wear it and it would touch the floor but inches gained were starting to make it less and less of a well-fitting garment.

Eventually this would not fit her, but it was still okay…for now at least it fit. She took in regular breaths, not normal but she was watching herself. Trying to make sure it did not come off as uncomfortable. To be honest she was okay with the tight fit but she hated looking labored. Her mother had also gotten her hair done for the event. She normally just let her hair lay straight down, now however it was a bun with an intricate braid going down to her shoulders. She had nice blue hair and the darkness of the dress made her look a little older than she was. She frowned looked at how flat her chest seemed but nothing could be done about that that would not either object to her morals or possibly lead to an embarrassing situation.

She twirled once, she was wearing flats due to heels being expensive and two impossible to navigate. She really had an issue with them, so with black sandals to go with them she was for the most part set, no jewelry what so ever…much too expensive. She smiled to herself and then turned slightly and giggled. Just a little makeup borrowed from her mother as well. What more could a girl want then to look pretty for a few hours.

Her father was going to escort her to make sure she made it okay. Her parents had been over protective of her ever since the time with her brother…she paused and looked down, clearly awkward about thinking what she did. She turned and made her way downstairs. Hopefully she did not smell bad, considering they had no perfume she was relying on natural beauty. She had not done anything shinobi based since two days ago, with two baths since then this hopefully made it work out, though she might smell of food considering she had to cook to finish dinner for her family on time. She made her way down the stairs and gave a twirl and giggle, her smile making her mother nearly cry and her father proud. She hugged her mother, informed her of her love and then took off with her father.

Her father did not approve of the Dragon’s Rest. Mei could not really understand but her father had been a little annoyed about the whole thing and then left once she made it into the doorway. On her own after a few hours she felt a sense of nervousness but also excitement. She tried to take a deep breath and felt the corset resist and she stopped. She breathed out…no sighs or yawns, nothing that would not make her out to be a wonderful young girl. She needed to impress someone…especially since her grades and skills were lacking in the…impress department.

Meiryo being the clever girl that she was got lost more than once…and as such after getting direction from one staff, then to another…then back to the first one. She finally made her way to the correct room. Walking she noticed that there were not a ton of people in this specific place. The man smoking in the front had caused her to cough once in irritation but she tried to leave before the man got annoyed with her. He looked strong and well…Meiryo had dealt with so many pressuring strong shinobi that to make him angry because she could not handle smoke would not have been a good start to her day. Call her a coward; she just did not want to upset him…besides that he seemed lost in thought.

There were a couple of people…she just generally glanced through, one woman had the look and strength of someone she felt a need to both avoid and meet. She was speaking to someone who looked only a little older than her, how brave of him…Meiryo felt herself mentally running away from that person already. Well maybe they were friendly and she was just being a silly little girl.

She found out that groups were already forming, some people were speaking to friends, others like the guy and older woman were meeting for the first time, then her eyes made their way to the bar, where a man was wearing the totally opposite shade of her. He was quite white with shaggy hair, closer to him was another woman in all leathers. Meiryo turned a bit red was she over dressed for this? She had three levels of clothing, there was one lower than this but those were pretty much her nicer casual clothing. This was her only fine attire. She felt herself being to panic…not realizing that she was still standing right in the doorway, probably blocking sever peoples paths…

What was she going to do now?

Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The brown-haired man stood up from his uncomfortable bed and walked over to his new closet, full of a few different outfits. Not many choices, but he wasn't a picky guy when it came to fashion. Along with his outfit he picked up his forehead protector and looked at it for a moment before tying it to his forehead, under his shaggy hair.

Today was the day on the message, and he decided since he got it that he should integrate himself in this village. Senka seemed to get along with the ANBU of the village just fine, so he should be able to get along with the members of his own branch, which he didn't know yet.

Apparently there was a new Sennin for his branch. He didn't know what happened to the old one, but the Iwakajiya didn't exactly care. This new one would be the one he would have to take orders from at some point, so this new Sennin was the important one.

He scratched his head as he arrived at the hotel in question. He scouted the area the day before to make sure he knew where to go today, so it was no difficulty finding the place. He stood outside the hotel for a moment, gathering his thoughts. His red, karate-style outfit billowed in the wind a bit as he thought about meeting new people and being a general part of the village he was now officially a part of, at least on paper.

As he finally found the room they were supposed to meet in, he accidentally bumped into a small person who seemed to be standing around right in front of the doorway. Immediately, he turned to her and said, "pardon me, I didn't see you there." He smiled, pointing at his pale blue eyes. "I happen to be blind, so I'm sure I would have noticed you had I the use of my eyes..."

He was genuinely ashamed, but he still wondered if that was exactly the best place for someone to stand, waiting for the event to start.

Matsuno Hama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He'd always been a fan of Inns. Yet, he'd always hated gatherings like this, and if not for the fact that he saw the need in appearing personally.. well. He would have ignored it.

As always, his aura preceded him. A sudden sense of unease, a cold touch in the pit of the stomach, goosebumps and raised hairs upon the neck, an oily tangibility to the air itself that made it feel as if an unwanted hand brushed against your cheek and left a stain there. A chill despite no noticeable change in temperature. Everyone felt something different, as if the aura itself were a physical and mental Rorschach test instead of a visible one. The nin-shinobi members of the gathering, mostly servers and coordinators, would be affected the worst due to their lack of chakra manipulation, but it couldn't be helped. While the aura varied in its effects and strength based on his mood, he had no direct control of it. It simply was.

Pushing the doors opened, he entered with a rather ambivalent expression, a neutrality to what was going on and those involved. He was dressed as always, three piece suit and fedora of matching color, this time the scheme on of black as the primary, with red trim offset by the deep navy blue vest beneath his suit coat, which matched the navy blue fingerless gloves he wore, though this time around he didn't have a cane.

After glancing around for just a moment while still holding the doors open, matching faces to names from the dossier he'd received from Shin when he was granted his title, he'd slip past Meiryo and the blind Hyuuga that had approached behind her with the ease only a shinobi had, and made his way to the table serving the refreshments. More importantly, the table which contained the alcohol. He held up a black-nailed finger to gain the attention of a server, and when they approached he gave a polite grin, though with his Starburst eyes and feral teeth it might be construed as less than polite, he'd order a Honey Pot, a mixture of honey whiskey, sweet chambourd and pineapple juice ina tidy little cocktail complete with two tiny straws.

Because classy.

When he recieved the drink, he would turn, and casually lean back against the solid counter, sipping quietly as he settled in to simply observe.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari didn’t spend time that morning, on impractical clothing. She remembered vividly, the day she’d been told that it was a requirement for the female members of Main Branch, to wear a uniform, which was not only impractical, but also ridiculous and sexist as hell. Well, that was the first of the idiotic rules she’d struck down, to be replaced by close fitting, practical garments. The requirements were unisex, and only enforced when necessary- that is; when on missions or training exercises of a tactical nature. She wore a dark green tunic and black pants. The idea was practicality. Breathability, and something that wouldn’t lead to her fighting naked.

She came to the Dragon’s Rest and noted, as she trotted toward the doors, that there were two people standing in the doorway. “There are seats inside, you know.” Hikari said as she approached. “Why don’t we move in?” She said, guiding the man and the young girl, into the room so that she could walk by them.

Before she greeted anyone else, she flagged down a server. “Hello, could you round up anyone who might be here for this event, and show them in? Thank you.”

“Yes Tanaka sama.” He said, exiting the room to do so.

After giving that order, Hikari turned toward the people in the room. She recognized only Haruka, who she went to greet. “Shima san.” Hikari smiled, seeing her friend, “How are you?” She nodded at the young man Haruka was speaking to, and bowed politely to the cold beauty.

After greeting the Shima princess, Hikari would trot toward the stage and say, "Hello to all. I see many faces I am unfamiliar with. This is a good thing. It means we are growing. Let me start with an introduction. I am Tanaka Hikari. I have been appointed as Sennin, by the Raikage. Many of you may have concerns due to my youth, so allow me to present you with a brief snapshot of my resumé. I began my career at age nine, when I graduated from the academy. I performed several tasks which remain classified to this day, and then I received a commission as Ambassador. After several months of this, I began to deal with the conflict involving Bear and Marsh. While our Sennin at the time, Takaki Masao, was incarcerated, I negotiated with the Hoshikage of the serene kingdom of Bear, for his release. Later, I was instrumental in bringing the leaders of the Peoples Republic of Marsh, and Hoshigakure, together so that negotiation for the cessation of hostilities could begin. More recently, I was instrumental in the signing of the treaty at the Hayata conference, which ended the war. That feat was the one for which I received my promotion to Spymaster, and while I was spymaster, I was offered a commission as interim Sennin, in Hoshigakure. A position authorized by the Raikage, but one which I did not accept due to Do Natsu's illness. Have you any questions for me?" She asked.

cccf250d-6b44-492a-a26b-eb08e4c0ca83_zps71338307.jpg

Kūruson Ējento​

Following the new Sennin, Ejento slipped into the room and looked around. “People.” He remarked, as if he were surprised, as he sat down in the back and took out a pad of paper, mostly for notes, he began to doodle. He noticed Oka Miri, with whom he once worked, and cleared her throat, trying to get her attention. The woman was notoriously focused however, and he did not manage to catch her eye perhaps she didn’t hear him, perhaps she’d ignored him. Ejento hissed, “Pssst, Oka san.” As he prepared to rip a piece of paper out of his notepad, and ball it up to throw at her.

[alright, people, let’s get this show on the road. If you’ve yet to join, go ahead and do so.]
[MFT 616]

[[Feel Free to post out of order]]

Hijoshikina Meiryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Meimei had been lost within her own head, balance was not something her mind was currently working with but when she suddenly got knocked into she felt herself about to fall. As if on instinct she shifted her weight she did not fall. Though she might look rather funny instead of totally fixing herself she was more amazed she was not face planted on the ground. She felt a flush smile…as if maybe some of her training was finally paying off. She regained her composer and then looked back at the gentleman whom had bumped into her. She noticed that she had been standing right in the doorway. Stupid of her to be fair. The man wore bright red karate gear which made him look tough, that and the fact he was a foot and a half taller than her.

When he asked for a pardon and said that he was blind and that was why he bumped into her Meiryo felt a pang of guilt. She shook her hands and said, “Oh my…no, no that was my fault, I should not have been standing in the doorway.” She noticed he seemed to be fine and decided against asking him if he was alright.

She felt a crinkle of pressure around her heart. A tingling along her neck line and the feeling that she needed to run away; she shivered and looked around but it was not until the man scooted right past them with unbounding grace did she full realize…Ryuujin. She was worried about how their last meeting was and where it put them. She wanted to say hi but he was long gone by the time it would be courteous. She inwardly sighed and then she heard another voice pushing them into the room more.

A woman, who she would later realize was the Sennin of the main branch. As she moved past them as well She flushed a little but touched the man’s arm with her hand and then moved beside him, “If you want I could walk you to a seat?” She offered her arm though she was unsure if he would take it. Either way she would walk with him to a seat or move to a seat near him to listen to the Main branches speech.

While it ended up more like a resume, it was really awkward. This woman was actually about six years older than her and she had already ton so much. That was the difference…Meiryo would not be a ground shaker, she would not do amazing things. Her climb would be slow and methodical.

Meiryo had no questions and thus decided to remain silent for now. Less she upset someone.

[MFT]

Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Kyoujouran got his apology right back from the girl he bumped into, who acknowledged that she was, in fact, the one at fault. He smiled, glad that the voice seemed like from an innocent, polite girl, and not some crazy, very short, master shinobi or something of that nature.

Before he could continue the conversation with her, however, he felt a suffocating aura behind him as a man slipped past him on very quiet feet. That definitely had the feel of the previously mentioned type of shinobi, and by the weight of the atmosphere he began to feel bad for the ones in the hotel that would have to exert themselves more. He heard the still nameless girl in front of him sigh, possibly because of the aura, or perhaps because it was slowly moving away from them towards the bar, where many of the people seemed to be gravitating.

After that came a woman who asked the two still standing at the door to move inside with the others. "Apologies. You're right, we should take our seats..." More embarrassment to add to the fact that he bumped into the girl. Later that shame grew when he found out who the woman was, but for now, his thoughts were distracted by the voice from before, accompanied by a touch on his arm. "Uh, sure. Many thanks!" He didn't really require guidance anymore to find his way, but he decided to let her show him to a seat nonetheless. It was a good opportunity to jumpstart the conversation from before. "My name is Kurogane, by the way." That was all he could think to say at that particular moment on the way to his spot.

The newly appointed Sennin was apparently very young, though he didn't quite notice that before, with only the voice to go on. But despite the youth, she seemed to be more than qualified for the position. He felt a bit humiliated by the fact that he did not accomplish so much in his own life, though he still had plenty of years ahead of him to attempt to catch up.

When she was finished, the room was silent for a moment while people conjured questions to keep the short presentation going. Meiryo was also quite silent next to him. What could he ask to start the inevitable round of questioning? He was never fond of taking part in the politics of the village, even back at Konoha, so he couldn't think of anything, and left it to someone else to begin asking about the new Sennin.

[Marked for Training, 431 words]

Yomoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The group was ushered into the correct room if they weren't already there already. Kane took a seat in the back of the room in a chair while sipping his drink. The new branch Sennin was Hikari and Kane had met her at the gates briefly while dealing with the delusional Uchiha. Kane paid attention to her as she spoke, talking of her credentials as to why she believed she was fit to lead the branch.

He didn't say a word until she spoke up asking if there were any questions. He stood up, taking a sip from his whiskey and spoke "What do you particularly have planned for the branch M'am? Are you going to keep the structure as is or are we going to be reorganizing?"

He sat back down taking another sip of his whiskey. He looked down and realized only a gulp was left of it. He finished his glass and put it on his lap for now. He waited to see if any other questions would come up. He was glad there was a branch meeting though. It showed initiative and that was always a plus, especially coming from a young leader.

He looked around and recognized no one else here besides Ren even with the stragglers that came in after him. He had a lot of introductions to do eventually.

Tsutaku Sotoa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Having arrived a few minutes before Hikari addressed herself, Sotoa wanted showed up to see what exactly what all the buzz was about as he received bits of information about the event taking place. The student was noticed and at the same time unnoticed as he stood by a few feet away from some of the others with refreshments though he was drinking a large mug of root beer looking to take a seat in a moment, but for now just standing there looking around and taking in everything going on around him with the occasional sip. Wearing a neat unstuffed button up long sleeve black shirt for a change with his regular black shorts and black shinobi footwear. Checking the scenery he realizes that he is unknown to just about everyone in the building but he doesn't mind as it's nice to see some new faces of shinobi he may work with in the future.

Slightly amazed and curious about the higher ups in the village Sotoa looks over as the man nearby asked his question as he stood up to address Hikari at the stage. Raising an eyebrow he looks back and forth with his mug in hand toward Hikari and the man standing. I feel slightly out of my league to ask any questions here. He thought to himself as he wanted to get more involved in the branch activities, but decides instead to look and see where the question and answers were going. Taking another gulp of his root beer Sotoa listens to the next few moments of what's going on.

[MFT]
[Topic Entered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Shima took one last look at Ren before her attention was ripped away by commotion of incomingshinobi. She hadn't noticed so many people fill into the room during their short conversation. Still, the numbers weren't enough. They were beginning to suffer, just as the ANBU had. The flood of academy students proved promising, but for now it didn't do a damn thing for them. They weren't ready to join their ranks, and if the Sennin or any of staff members of the Academy tried to force their promotions quickly, they were damn fools. Haruka already had doubts of Hikari's strength. She was so young. Sure, she had lots of credentials, but the Haku was willing to bet that the Santaru would not be strong enough to face the foes that had been breaking their way into Kumokagure lately.

Her almond eyes flecked behind her, watching as a man in a white suit and fedora came strutting in. She couldn't help but feel an annoying sensation creep down her spine. It didn't fill her with dread as much a irritability, the kind you get when a young child constantly prods at you for attention. It mostly bothered her because it felt as if a presence was with her. The solitary Shima preferred loneliness than the company of unwanted sensations. He was not entirely human, she thought, but little else thought passed over her as she watched him stroll to the bar.

She noticed everyone had dressed rather fancy for nothing more than what would be a staff meeting. She didn't feel ridiculous or out of place clad in only her Jounin armor. Apparently, Hikari had been with her in choice of clothing as she finally saw the red haired woman come strutting in through the crowd. "Tanaka-Sama." She greeted with a cool bow. "I am well. Best of luck to you up there today." She kept it brief knowing that the show was about to roll. As the Tanaka left her for the stage, Haruka spoke to Ren, "why don't we talk after this meeting. I may have an opportunity for you."

Hikari was not as elegant a speaker as Masao, but she got her point across. She did less to inspire strength, but no one could quite get the crowds wild with passion and drive as the late Takaki Masao. A silence swept the room as some worked up their courage to speak. It wasn't until another man decided to speak. His question broke across the distance. The questions seemed almost self explanatory. They had lost a great deal of their strength and many of their division heads had fallen away with the loss of Masao. Natsu hadn't done anything to muster their strength. Now Hikari was left with square one again. She'd be in charge of picking new leaders. Haruka only hoped they'd be willing and active to take the mantles they'd received.

MFT. 488

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Higa Kahako said:
[legend="[size=4][b][color=#FF8000]iNPC Oka Miri[/color][/b][/size]"]Contempt. That was the only feeling she had when she entered the room dressed to the nines in her leathers and slacks. She left her post at the gates, and dressed up all pretty to do just as the letter had suggested: show her support for the new Main Branch Sennin. Once again, the forever kind and understanding Raikage lifted his hammer of leadership and forged another great decision that was to push Kumogakure into a great and prosperous future. By placing a teenager at the head of the largest and strongest military division in the country. Really, Oka Miri would have laughed her ass off until she cried if the whole situation wasn’t so damn pathetic.

No eye contact was made while she walked straight to the bar. Discretely, she picked out three exits in case of an emergency and pinged in on the high ranking shinobi she might need to defend at a moment’s notice. Other, more faceless shinobi than she meandered in like they were entering a great party. There was probably going to be laughter and shenanigans abound once the evening really started to get going. Miri, however, would remain as she always was.

“The strongest thing you have. Not sweet, not savory, and I will take personal glee in making your night miserable if it is minty.” She said as soon as the bartender approached. Sitting at the stool, she hunched herself over and pulled a tray of treats closer, biting into one as she stared at those at the party through the mirror back-dropped against the shelves of liquor. The Shima woman was well known not only for her current rank, but also for her name who seemed to be speaking to a boy of no importance. There was a smoker in shadow… he seemed to be keeping to himself… and a man at the bar to her right. When the waiter came back with her drink, she glanced, taking note of the man before picking up her glass with one hand and sipping the clear liquid. Others were filtering in, but so far these were the people that stood out to her.[/legend]

Life was beginning to pour in. Their voices filled his ears, his eyes remained closed. Focusing on every word said in the room. Trying to catch as much as possible without having to even speak a word to anyone. His cigarette hanging on his lips, each slow tedious breath. A wafting wave of white smoke flowed around him ominously, a dark blackened dust trailed behind him as he walked over to the bar when the Over achiever entered the room. As the new head of the main branch began speaking, Satou came up to the barkeep and passed a few yen over the table. Nodding to the barkeep and receiving one back as the man left to return with a fine wine glass filled with a thick dark red drink.

The well dressed devil sat by the bar, listening, watching. He had nothing to say about the main branch or who ran it. He just cared bout doing his job, getting paid and living just a bit longer to enjoy the finer things in life. Reminiscing as he swirled the red fluid, drinking now and then from it with a small coy smile. His eyes, glowed a crimson red under his black shades. He wasn't in any mood to start a conversation with anyone in particular, but a lass down a few seats over from him. Her voice held something that kept Satou grinning.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[size=4][b][color=#FF8000]iNPC Oka Miri[/color][/b][/size]"]
‘Well, well, well. It seems our host has arrived.’ Miri thought when Hikari finally made her appearance. She had been silently watching the goings on of some other people, most notably the very distinguished Nara Ryuujin. But even as the young sennin approached the podium for her official speech to the branch, Miri did not turn around. She would have if the mirror wasn’t there, but why waste the effort when she could see the new Sennin just as easily as if she turned around?

As Hikari spoke of her exploits, Miri had to admit that the woman did accomplish much. But how would she do when serious conflict arose? When would she dictate talking as a no longer viable an option? How would Hikari react when she saw the dark side of Kumogakure? The side that questioned your morals and asked you what part of Lightening country were you truly loyal to? What would she do if those older than her felt that they could manipulate her into their own whims? Hundreds of questions similar to this flittered through her mind. For all the assurances Hikari gave the people of her branch, Miri held twice as many worries.

But she would voice none of them. At a desperate moment like this, unity was needed among the people of Main. Not second guesses or insecurities. Instead, she took a long sip of her drink before a paper ball flew in her direction. In the blink of an eye she caught it without flinching. A brow rose before her head turned to the originator.

Ejento Kuruson. Miri had yet to get a true opinion of the man, but so far, she knew she could trust him. Grabbing her drink, she sauntered to him, passing the man who was once in the shadows. He himself moved to the bar, and had a particular grin on his face when she passed. Her eyes met his bright red as she walked past him. She matched his smirk, offered a sultry look, and when she was out of his hearing range she muttered, “Keep dreaming, Casanova.” Another sip of her drink took her to Kuruson’s table.

She pulled a chair quietly, as not to disturb the question and answer session going on up front. “Ejento.” She another smirk as she sat. “Still the paper pusher, I see,” she tossed the ball back to him. “There’s no need to litter though.”[/legend]

Matsuno Hama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He stayed silent where he was, starburst eyes scanning the room quietly as he watched the new Sennin's words sink in among the crowd. Disappointed slightly by the fact that quite a few seemed to ignore her, he shook his head just a tad and lifted himself off the edge of the table, setting down his empty glass with a little nod to the bartender to take it away. Straightening his jacket, he'd scan the room once more, this time as if actually searching out the faces of those around him before his gaze landed on the back of Oka Miki.

With a slight 'tch' as he sucked air between his teeth, he would walk over to stop beside the woman where she stood. Taking a moment to preen himself in the mirror beside her, adjusting his collar, cuffs and even going so far as to make sure his dark nails were clean, he'd speak amiably.

"You should really turn around for this, you know." His tone was calm, as if this piece of conversation were as normal as asking about the time of day or weather. However, at this proximity, she would feel the full weight of his aura bearing down on those around him, a pulsing wave of his displeasure blatantly apparent in the utterly uncomfortable flavor of it.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back