Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mice and Men [Roku]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren was a fairly talented Yamanaka, especially when it comes to possession. She has learn how to enter the minds of many things and control them. She was not fond of take over human bodies but there were times when such vessels were necessary. Most of the time she takes control of the creatures of the earth; from the wild wolf to the timid rabbit. She once took over a single Kikai within a swarm. To view an Aburume from the inside was quite interesting.

However she believes her talents are being wasted in the main branch. Being called to walk dogs or getting rid of mice in the basement. She is an information gatherer and espionage was her forte. Often she spies on people out of habit, but now she wishes to make a career out of it. But the question is will they accept her. Despite her talents she is still a blind girl not strong enough to walk anywhere by herself without fainting. No one liked talking to her through another person’s body and they always judge her when they met her real form. Why should the Anbu be any different?

Now of coarse Hakuren could not enter into the place requesting membership in someone else’s body. Too much risk of people finding out she’s Anbu and that would not be looked kindly on she is sure. She’s not strong enough to go by herself so her original body was completely out of the question. This leaves her with her pets. If contract animals prove anything it is that beast have the capability of speach, but lacked the intelligence to do so. The question is which pet would she use. She has a few that she trusts with her life, but a more exotic or unusual might impress them more.

After a bit of debate she decides to use one of her rodents. A field mouse she found on a mission. The pour woman didn’t know the difference between mice and rats. Hakuren in the body of her pet travels to the Obsidian Palace. Using her shinobi skills she focuses her chakra to her paws to allow her to climb up the wall to the roof. From there she enters the ventilation shaft. With her small body she squeezes through a hole in the grate. Climbing around the vent she eventual reaches the Anbu Headquarters. With a few unarmed taijutsu the grate covering the vent and falls from the ceiling to a table below. “Hi I’m here to request membership into the Anbu. Sorry about the vent, I couldn’t open the doors.”

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 1: 'Well this is New'| ANBU Corps Arc said:
[col]Another day, another shift in the administrative role of the ANBU branch. This was not fully what Roku was expecting but he knew that it was part of the role. So far there had been an uptick in ANBU recruits and ANBU membership in general, it was a promising sign and if nothing else looked good to have under his resume. Point of pride to throw at Sousuke if there was ever a branch review, especially in the shape things seemed to be left in following the brief disappearance of Mikaboshi before his turn.

But today would take a minor detour for a normal day. Scampering could be heard as the red eyes of Tenken shifted upwards to the vent cover. Within moments the vent would come crashing down onto a nearby table as a mouse would appear. His gaze would shift to this rodent as it would now do two more things unexpected; 1) talk and 2) request to join the ranks of ANBU. Tenken would raise up from his seat, standing at his full 6'2" stature and slowly begin to make his way to the rat.

"I am growing very agitated by all these rude intrusions... but just what in the wide world of shinobi are you?"

The ANBU Sennin was intrigued to say the least.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

|
[legend="[glow=blue][b][size=5]Tenken[/size][/b][/glow]"]
7b90cce1f4be907312a0ace5db50709f2124b377_hq_zpsuiwnrfai.gif

Rank ANBU Sennin
Epithet: Heavenly Punishment
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedWiPMood MusicWiPMISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
This was not a surprising response and she quite predicted such a reaction. Very rarely does she talk through her animal bodies for they were used primarily for observation purposes only. She did not make talking like this a habit. She stares up to the rather tall shinobi compared to her current size. She may be sitting on a table but she still require to look up to him. The Anbu had quite the interesting mask though she did not expect to wear one. Robes and masks would only draw unneeded attention, but she was more than willing to serve just the same. “I am Yamanaka sir, genin rank.” Hakuren was half tempted to be smart and say she was a mouse, but that won’t help her get into the anbu. She was sure that he must have met those of her clan before or at least know of their abilities. It is true that many she had relationships with only possessed people and never used it as much as she does. To other Yamanaka it is a tool to simply bind an enemy. To Hakuren in is a mode of transportation and her ability to see the world. It is a gift she well trained.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 2: 'Go On...'| ANBU Corps Arc said:
[col]How fortuitous; he had just met a Yamanaka, Hakuren, during his drunken stupor. Was this the same person or was this another member of her family? It didn't really matter, but it did give him some insight for what could be done with this individual in the branch and what their powers could provide the branch. If, however, this was Hakuren he wanted to hear from them about what it was they were hoping to gain from this branch.

"Why is it that you are looking to join the rank of ANBU? What can you give us and what can we give you?"

It was a very straightforward approach he had taken with all the recent signees, but motivation played a part in the overall assessment of those he admitted or declined.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

|

Rank ANBU Sennin
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]
[/quote]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The man gives some straight forward question with one of which she did not see coming. She knew she would have to sale herself and boast about her abilities. However to ask something in return was not something she prepared for. She is not sure what they could give her, but first things first. He asks for a reason. “I am tired, tired of missions that squander my abilities. The main branch is no place for one such as me and especially not the medics. I will not see my talents dull like some rusted blade.” Anger filed her voice as she shouts her reasons, though considering her size she was not that loud. Her body language and hand gestures match her tone. “I am The Observer, you never know when I could be watching. I am The Infiltrator, hiding within the body of my enemy and watching through their eyes without them even knowing I’m there. I am The Hidden Messenger, I can relay information to others covertly; disguising myself as a messenger animal and giving them a message through illusion. With a fake written message and a mental combat jutsu no one would be the wiser.” The little rodent pounds her chest with pride with each title gives. “There is much I can offer, but what can you give me?”

She pauses for a moment and looks away. Pacing around the table on all fours she thinks aloud, “A rank, a uniform.” She lets out a laugh for they were meaningless to her. “If I cared about rank I wouldn’t still be genin. As for the uniform I have my own ways of hiding my identity.” Hakuren was truly at a loss for she only came here to be useful. She stops at this realization and looks at her questioner. “I really don’t know. I just wish to serve. Must I ask something in return?”

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 3: 'What Can We Offer'| ANBU Corps Arc said:
[col]It seemed the little rodent had a lot to say on what the possessor of the mouse could bring to the branch, which were all very valid points. All of them were things the ANBU had thought about himself, and any of those abilities were very appealing for the man in crafting missions. He had some questions, however, but first wanted to answer the mouse's. Before that, he wanted to help address where the mouse seemed to stall; what can the branch offer them.

"Don't worry your whiskers, you've already answered what we can give you; permission. We can give you an outlet to creatively utilize your gifts to your hearts content. We can utilize your abilities to their fullest and to the specifications you feel comfortable with. We won't ask you to retrieve a lost cat, but I would be very interested in the opportunities a stray cat with you in control could provide for us in information gathering."

With his current war on the Sovereign and the Daimyo along with his operations to observe the Merchant Lords, he had countless tasks he already had in mind that he would ask the one controlling the mouse to assist with. But still he had some questions to ask about the abilities.

"Can I ask some questions about your abilities? Is there a distance limitation between your controlled body and your actual body? If I were to kill this little mouse right now, would that kill or even harm your actual body in any way? "

OOC:

|

Rank ANBU Sennin
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren does indeed own a black cat and has done quite a few interesting things with it. So she has no doubt that she could also do amazing things with a stray. “Yes I can do a lot with a stray cat, but of course I will have to be within its presence in order to possess it. I can’t possess a cat in the alley from my room; I require physical contact with the animal.” This was a hint to Roku that he may or may not have noticed. Yamanaka don’t normally need physical contact to use body mind switch and usually casts the jutsu from a distance. The fact that she says she needed to be so close should draw him closer to the conclusion that he is indeed talking to the Hakuren he met at the academy training grounds.

Her interviewer then asks if he could ask some question on her abilities, which she agrees to under the condition that there are some questions she cannot give a definite answer to. Sure enough his first question was one of them. “As I said there are some questions I cannot give an honest answer to. Without doing more experimentations with my powers I cannot exactly say. I have played messenger animal on several occasions, in which I have traveled to Soon Haven with no signs of losing connection. I have yet to attempt to go outside of the country. My current hypothesis is that there is no distance limitation.” Hakuren hopes her answer would be satisfactory. She wants to be honest and not lead the man astray. If she simply said no and there turns out to be one, it would look really bad on her.

The next question was another hard one, but not in the same way. She knew the answer, but she rather not admit it. With a heavy sigh she tells him, “Any damage to the host body I am in control of will be transferred to my main body.” Hakuren then holds up an index finger as she continues with further explanation. “However this only applies to a host that I am controlling. If I enter into a mind without hijacking the body, no damage will be done to my main body.” Hakuren then holds her palms out as if mimicking a scale. “So it is a choose between safety and control.”

Hakuren hold her left hand higher than the other. “When possessing an animal it is preferred to choose control for I must guide the creature to view what I desire to observe. However as an animal, especial one you expect to see in such an environment, I draw little attention to myself. Thus I have less need to be conserned about my safety because I lowered the risk in other ways.”

Hakuren then switch hands lowering her left and raising her right. “When possessing a human however control is not always necessary and in most cases it is preferred not to be in control. Let me give an example: let’s say the anbu was sending a shinobi on a very dangerous mission. The chance of not making it back is considerable, but you still want the mission done. I can serve well in this regard. By merely viewing the assigned anbu’s actions within his mind I can relay any information he attained in the unfortunate event of his demise.”

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 4: 'Welcome'| ANBU Corps Arc said:
[col]Behind the mask he would grin from ear-to-ear as his mind began to fill with all the possibilities. There was even the opportunity to test this individual further to fully see just how far they could go.

"Based on your ability and the doors it opens to the branch, I would like to welcome you to the ANBU. For now we will continue working with you through whatever medium you choose, but eventually I might request you bringing your physical body to the headquarters. Your powers are unique enough that eventually you will gain a reputation, and those who wish to strike back against you, the village or the ANBU for your efforts might pick up on such a thing and target you. In any case, we will work in a way that protects you, as I see you as a valuable member to our branch."

With that the ANBU would turn his back to the little creature and begin to depart.

"Please excuse yourself without causing a commotion... oh, and what name did you settle on?"

OOC:
Please link this post when requesting the ANBU Banner---ANBU Banner granted to Hakuren
|

Rank ANBU Sennin
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren was glad to have made it into the anbu and her expression likely mirrored Roku’s under his mask. Hakuren kneels in front of the man as she gives an oath of loyalty. “With your acceptance my duty begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Anbu, for this night and all the nights to come." Hakuren likes the poetic-ness of the pledge for it describes the Anbu so well. The swords are the hunters that track down traitors and bring them to justice. The watchers are the sentinel that guard the gates. The shields are the obsidian guards who protect an individual with their lives.

After making her vow she notices one thing that was bothering her; the man never asked for her actual name. Was this normal? She knew they like to keep their identity secret, but she would have gathered the higher ups would at least know the identities of those below. Did she give away too much about herself? Osagi warned her that she had that habit when she speaks to people. Did this man figure out who she is without her directly telling him? That idea made her uncomfortable and gave her a desire to spy on this man. Just who was this person speaking to her? Where did they meet? These questions will go unanswered for she was sure attempting to discover a superior’s identity would likely get her kicked out.

Hakuren politely bows to the Anbu as he turns away. She was just about to cancel the jutsu holding her consciousness within the little rodent when the man asks for a code name. Hakuren kind of figured such things were assigned to them like the uniform. “I’m not exactly sure what name to go by. I haven’t really thought about it. I guess The Watcher would service.”

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 5: 'Welcome pt2'| ANBU Corps Arc said:
[col]"I shall record your 'name' as such... if it doesn't click for me I might rename you, but you seem open to suggestion on the matter anyways. Either way, begin taking missions on behalf of the branch whenever you are ready. I look forward to your service."

With that, the now ex-Sennin, current co-commander/captain of the branch would exit the room.

OOC:
Sorry, short post is short... and I wanted to knock this out before I forgot. Welcome to the branch!!!!!! ^____^
|

Rank ANBU Sennin
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]
[/quote]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren gives a polite bow, “And I look forward to serving you, sir.” Now with the event seemingly done, she want a little bit in case the man comes back with another last minute question and then ended her jutsu. In an instant her consciousness return to her body and the mouse scurries off somewhere in the Anbu facility.
[Left topic]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back