Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ninjutsu 101 Class 1 [Lesson]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In a classroom of sparse furniture an elderly man looked at a board on a small table occasionally looking up to eye his younger opponent before going back to inspecting the odd pieces on the hexagonal board. He paced around the table looking at the board from different angles and his opponent. With a fluid movement he snatched up a brown piece with blue stripes and placed him in another area of the board with a small resounding tap. A miniature version of a tree grew out of the board close to the newly placed figure knocking over a yellow piece close by and dragged it on its side next to the brown piece with blue strips causing the younger man to sigh and the older man to smile sagely.

”Wood Scout disables Lightening Guard, no alarm is tripped.” the older man stated plucking up the knocked over piece and resting it off to one side of the board.

”Don’t we have a class to teach soon?” the younger one asked his eyebrows furrowing trying to figure out a counter move.

Sniffing the air the older man shrugged, ”Only one student coming and what they want to learn for the most part determines how busy we’ll be… don’t be mad because you lost another piece. Think of what you can do right now. When we have a student we’ll teach. It’s that simple… quiet stalling…. Play play play.” he commented wiggling one hand over the board.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[size=4]Ninjutsu 101[/size]"]She followed the embers to a door. She wasn't entirely sure if the room was the right one or not, but she looked down at the marker and decided to trust the red marker (simply because it was red). She opened the door a crack and looked in, she saw the two men who looked like they were playing some kind of game. She still wasn't sure if this was where she was meant to be or not. She decided even if it wasn't the right room she could ask these men where her class was so she stepped inside. She straightened her red dress as she walked in and stood up straight for the teachers.
"Hello, my name is Kogane Chi. I took this marker for a ninjutsu class, is this the right room?" She took a finger and put it on her bottom lip, causing it to topple over, as she so often did when in thought or unsure of something. "I want to start learning right away so I can start my path to becoming the best!" She giggled, still holding a finger to her bottom lip. She was so sure of her ability to become better than the other students. This first class would be a pivotal moment in her road to becoming a fully-fledged kunoichi of Iwagakure.[/legend]
[legend="[size=4]OOC; WC:222[/size]"][/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The two men stood as the young lady entered. Both bowed slightly as she introduced herself before she seemed to be lost in thought for a second finishing her declaration a few moments later. While the younger of the two smiled politely the older one gave her a thumbs up gesture and beamed a toothy smile before he said Good job on the dress… I hope you’re wearing shorts though underneath just in case!before he cackled causing his assistant to fall over in embarassment.

Sensei please take this seriously and don’t harass the students she could be your granddaughter." the younger of the two stated in a quieter tone after getting up.

The older man elbowed him gently smirking, You’re just made cause she couldn’t be your daughter…eh? Eh? the man teased causing his younger counterpart to start to steam and turn red before one of his legs flew out behind him knocking the board off the table and across the room with pieces flying all about.

Ack! You idiot! the older man piped scowling at the younger man who seemed to recover now quite well after a deep satisfied breath.

Well now Miss Chi please to meet you. To answer your question you are in fact in the right spot to be in. I’m Tora-Sensei and this is Tonbo-Sensei." he began smiling. That’s a good attitude to have when it comes to your studies and it’s very commendable of you. You have some options though as how you’ll learn, if you know next to nothing about Ninjutsu we can discuss it from there first, afterwards we can go into the traits of fire release techniques since you picked that marker. We can start there if you can explain the basics of ninjutsu. After that if you like a more hands on approach if this old coot will stop being all gristly. he began nodding over his shoulder at the older man who was putting the board and pieces back on the table, he can release your marker’s seal so you can practice with Fire Jutsu techniques out in the proving grounds area to get a better feel for what they really are. So how would you like to start? We can go from there. he explained beaming a smile at the young girl.

(OoC: Your options are sequentially 1) have Ninjutsu explained, afterwards or if you can explain to them the basics 2) discussion on Fire Based techniques and afterwards 3) time out on the proving grounds with the option to try out ‘Fire techniques’ explained in greater detail once out on the proving grounds.)

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[size=4]Ninjutsu 101[/size]"]"Why would I wear shorts under my dress? That's silly." She would say in response to the pervy teacher's comments, grabbing the bottom and turning left to right letting the dress move around at the bottom. She did a little hum and then looked up to watch the two arguing in front of her, even though she didn't quite understand what they were talking about. Then they finally got back to her which meant the class could finally begin. It was just about what she had expected from a ninjutsu class, though she wasn't aware it would specialize in fire based techniques. That made her excited.
"Ninjutsu? Yeah, I know about ninjutsu. Most of my family specialize in ninjutsu!" She would give a big smile before running in-between the two. "So, ninjutsu has to do with handseals! …And chakra, and stuff like that. I know a fire jutsu!" She said the last bit excitedly and started doing handseals for the jutsu but she stopped right before the last one. She realized just in time that, "It's probably not a good idea to do it in here." She would giggle again before she continued. "Like the other two jutsus you, like, use chakra but ninjutsu uses the most I believe. Unlike Taijutsu, Ninjutsu and Genjutsu use handseals to channel the chakra that's inside us to form the jutsu.
There's all sorts of jutsus! I'm going to learn them all, but for right now I want to focus on Fire jutsu. They're so pretty."
She would smile and clasp her hands behind her back. She had learned enough the few years that her parents could manage to teach her for her to be able to do well enough in school. "I wanna learn about fire based techniques, let's do it!" She had the whimsy of a ten-year-old girl, even for one born to such a family in such a war-torn world. She was eager to learn, and it showed in the way she couldn't stand still. "Is that all I need to say about ninjutsu? Or is there more you want me to tell you? Like, I could tell you about nin-based clone jutsus… Oh, oh, or those jutsus where they create those awesome creatures! So cool!"[/legend]
[legend="[size=4]OOC; WC:375[/size]"]In the Kogane family they train their children before sending them to the academy at age 13, her parents trained her from a "youngish" age til a bit before sending her to the academy when they couldn't handle dealing with her and her synesthesia so she knows a bit about the basics about ninjutsu and little bit about Gen already from her parents.[/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tora smiled and nodded approvingly before saying, ”Yes was just fine. It does seem Miss Chi knows a thing or two about ninjutsu. Thank you for being mindful of the environment around you before doing jutsu as to not damage school property.”

“Some look at fire as a passionate force and nature but also destructive as it leaves little behind once it consumes it. While wind techniques are weak to it water based techniques are stronger“ he said as he continued. ”Some techniques can have fire based chakra added to them as well in some situations but those are usually high level jutsu you don’t have to worry about for a while.”

Tonbo finally over his lost winning game added after Tora’s comments about Chi’s last remark, ”Creations are one special attribute type as well as chakra formed armors, environmental modifiers sometimes, as well as barriers.”

”All this talk is boring though…” Tonbo commented muttering something and clapping his hands together. With a flick of his wrist he waved towards the proving grounds. The marker in Chi’s pocket would feel slightly warmer.

”Seeing and experiencing is how you really learn the ins and outs of techniques. Tora take her out and let her try some things out.” he added.

"Alright... This way Miss Chi." Tora explained walking to the Proving Grounds. (<---Click Proving Grounds to go to the post.)

(OoC: Thread jump to the Proving Grounds, for the remainder of the time at the Proving Grounds during this lesson you have access to all Fire Based Jutsu via the marker. Simply RP out how you think they'd work for you. Some jutsu are RP'd differntly based on the individual.)

Fushichou Kurai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurai had just left the Head Master's office, not more than five minutes went by when he discovered a door with "Ninjutsu 101" engraved into it.

This must be it...
(OoC: Italics are thoughts)

Kurai gently pushed open the door and noticed an older gentleman sitting around his desk in front of a board with five different colored markers hanging from it. Kurai observed that the markers somewhat consisted of different materials.

"Greetings sir". Kurai stated as he gave a bow to he whom was obviously the class teacher.
"My name is Fushichou Kurai, you may call me Hisan, sensei. This is my first day in the academy. I've come to sharpen my skills", he paused. "In what shinobi call 'Ninjutsu'". There was an unkind chill that loomed in the air as Kurai finished his statement that went along with the cold hellish look of his dead red eyes.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man looked at the young boy and pointed at the lifesized ‘picture of the board’ next to his desk and blinked slowly. ”You didn’t get a marker from the message board did you Hisan?” he stated not sensing the token on the boy. ”Once you get one and come back you can start class… I guess we’ll start from the beginning when you get back on what Ninjutsu is.” he explained.

Under the picture of the signup board for the class was a large note that read:
If you haven’t seen this board before please find the message board by the Headmaster’s office and get a marker before coming to a class.

(OoC: Skipped getting a marker at the Message Board.)

Fushichou Kurai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurai looked at the man with disgust on his face. There were quite a few markers in the office of the head master, he had not been instructed to grab one.

"I apologize master, I shall be right back". There was irritation in the young boy's voice.

Kurai did not want the old man to think the irritation was towards him so he bowed respectfully to him. Kurai was more upset at himself for not paying more attention to fine details and making the judgment call to just grab one. He usually was more prepared and self-sufficient than that.

Kurai walked calmly out the classroom door and headed towards the Head Master's office.

The Head Master will wonder why I am in an out of his office so frequently, he may look at me like a nuisance. I wonder if there's a way for me to grab a marker without him noticing me. This would atone for my ill preparation and my lack of awareness.

[Exit]

(OoC: Sorry, Np tho xD)

Fushichou Kurai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Re-enter]

"I've come back to you, sensei. Let's begin our session", Kurai stated as he opened the door and made his way into the classroom.

"You stated to me prior to my excursion back to the head master's office that we would talk Ninjutsu. But before we do, I have a question. This, marker...". Kurai paused. "It is emitting chakra. Earth Style Chakra if I'm not mistaken". Kurai held the brown marker out in front of him as he peered into the old man's face.

"We are Iwagakure. Fire Jutsu and Earth Styled Jutsu are my favorite types. I noticed a marker was missing from your classroom with a red clip. I can only assume you had a red marker similar to this brown one, as this one had a brown clip to it".

Kurai walked over to the window and pointed outside to the dirt on the rocky ground.

"At some point in my life, I want to learn to use those rocks and all the dirt around it to protect my comrades and slay my enemies. Kurai had a deep, cold, moaning anguish below the mellowness of his voice. "I am eager to learn what you have to show me sensei. Shall we begin?", a fiery passion and a burning desire to learn and grow stronger could be felt in his last statement as he awaited on the old man's reply.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the young boy returned he bowed again and stood as the boy announced his return and had some comments.
”It does emit chakra somewhat but it’s mostly done for learning purposes and is a small thing but a necessity of sorts for the lesson. Small things like a pebble can stop or start an avalanche though.” he began cryptically with a smile in response to the boy’s comments.

”The Fire marker is currently ‘unavailable’ since its in possession of another student but Earth Style release are nothing to sneeze at. It is formidable and versatile in defensive, offensive, and some utility type situations, but first an overview of Ninjutsu… you might want to find a chair.”

” Ninjutsu is a term referring to almost any technique which allows the user to do something that they otherwise would be incapable of doing, including the usage of weapons they didn’t have available. Unlike genjutsu, which makes the opponent see illusions, the effects of ninjutsu are real. They vary greatly in purpose, with the simpler ninjutsu serving such tasks as transforming the user or allowing them to evade attacks. These techniques are often second-nature for experienced shinobi, who can use them at will. More complex ninjutsu manipulate one's surroundings or utilise the elements, respectively serving such tasks as healing others or manipulating nature transformations.” he began going into the long explaination.

”Ninjutsu, most of the time, relies on chakra and hand seals to be effective. The hands are put in sequential positions called hand seals that molds and manipulates chakra in the necessary manner to perform a technique. This is not always needed, however, and some techniques become second nature to experienced ninja, after which they can perform them at will. Sometimes setting up techniques perform in advance for later use.

Additionally, there are unique or specialized branches of techniques that can be classified as not being a basic element but are known as advanced elemental techniques, the basic type are techniques with specific basic elements (wind, water, fire, earth, or lightning), in addition there is a basic non elemental type. The advanced types combine basics elements and creates a new form.

When creating a ninjutsu, the two methods of manipulating chakra may come into use which are referred to as shape transformation and nature transformation:

Shape transformation deals with controlling the form, movement, and potency of chakra.

Nature transformation usually deals with changing the physical properties of chakra into an element.

These two methods can be implemented separately or together in order to create a ninjutsu.

It can in some situations be used in collaboration with taijutsu to create nintaijutsu techniques.”
he finished.

This was all brand new to the boy but the older man wondered if it had put in to sleep listening to the knowledge in the form of a lecture… ”Oh I forgot to mention you may refer to me as Tonbo-sensei for now” the old man explained finally remembering to introduce himself. Forgetting certain courtesies as a teacher to the new student made him wonder if he was still thinking about the game his assistant had cancelled by punting the board. Dismissing the thought he’d wait to see if the student had any questions about the basics or Hand Seals before continuing.

Fushichou Kurai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurai had already managed to learn the Gravel Shift technique which did not require any hands seals but only the tap of a foot. He had some basic knowledge already of Ninjutsu but he soaked in all of his sensei's teachings as everything was new. Kurai told himself he would listen and learn instead of already knowing everything. As the old man asked him to find a seat he did and began to take notes from his sensei's lecture.

"I have never heard such an analogy as your pebble to an avalanche Tonbo-Sensei. I like it however, it makes sense."

Kurai had wrote everything down quickly. He was very anxious for his teacher to keep teaching.

"Please continue sensei. I have copied down all your information. I await more of your teachings or instruction".

Kurai held the chakra filled brown marker with his right hand and was writing with his left hand.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Since the boy didn’t ask about specifics the old man just nodded and went on as if speaking in a hypnotically induced state.
”There are twelve hand seals used to form and mold chakra Ne, Ushi, Tora, U, Tatsu, Mi, Uma, Hitsuji, Saru, Tori, Inu, and I in various combinations to perform ninjutsu techniques.” he stated his hands going through the hand seals as he spoke, ”Ninjutsu is probably the most versatile and unpredictable since an unarmed opponent even one without hand to hand prophecies can prove to be quite lethal especially if underestimated. This mostly depends on what he knows and what his opponents don’t know he knows.

As you grow stronger you will realize a natural affinity to a certain basic elements or two, some people due to their bloodline experience another affinity to an element sometimes an advanced element, while it is possible to have three or more affinities even for those without bloodline advantages it usually takes additional training and studying to attain.”
he continued his hand clenching before a ball of mud appeared in his hand.

”All jutsu have strengths and weakness and each element is strong and weak against others. Earth is weak to Lightening but strong to Water” he began the ball of mud swirling and crackled as sparks danced in his hand the mud drying out and turning to ash. ”Lighting is weak to Wind though and Wind is weak to Fire.” he explained as the crackling ball of lightening picked up speed and dimmed as it became a ball of circulating air before sparking into a small fire ball, ”Fire is weak to Water which is weak to Earth though…” the man explained as the ball extinguished becoming a ball of swirling water before it turned dark and soon muddy before solidifying to rock. Flicking his hand over and balancing the ball of stone on the back of his hand he seemed to not notice it once it was in position before it seemed to spread out over his hand.

”Most elements have some form of defense like armor and/or a barrier.” he explained the stone that had crumbled and spread across his hand turned into a gauntlet and then a small dome of stone that hovered in front of his hand. ”Earth Style Release have both as well as an augment to one’s fists to make them as hard as granite to punch with.” he added the stone seeping into his skin as it calcified into a darker greyish color. ”I could go on about the offensive techniques and what they do, or how to bind people by swallowing them up in the earth or even creations. But I think seeing and doing is a better teacher. Unless you have more questions.” he explained and waited.

If the boy had more questions he’d answer them otherwise as his hand turned to normal a small pile of rubble in his hand took the form of a miniature golem to lead the boy to someplace where he could cut loose a bit and learn about Earth Style Release techniques with his own hands.

Fushichou Kurai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tonbu-sensei had much to say about the weaknesses and strengths of jutsu types against one another. Kurai had jotted down quick notes in order to remember them.

"Very interesting. I wouldn't think that Earth-Style would be weak towards Lightning-Style. Rocks usually negate lightning, as electricity strikes downward from the sky it is in a sense absorbed by the earth".

The small golem is interesting, I wonder what jutsu he used for that..

Kurai watched the small summoned creature walk towards the open classroom door and right out of it.

"Is it okay if I leave sensei"?

Kurai waited for his masters instruction before he made any moves. If his sensei gave him the okay, he would leave the classroom, marker in hand, to go learn different jutsu.

This marker is amazing, I feel as if there isn't a jutsu I could not perform holding this in my hands...

[Exit, unless stopped, to proving grounds]

OoC: Should I just begin posting in the proving grounds..? >.>

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Well if you believe all that science mumbo jumbo ‘Lightening’ needs to be grounded I think is what they call it which means it seeks out a certain point of destination from it’s origin and can be dispersed through the ground for example. Due to the nature of how this happens I figure it interferes with how chakra is shaped within an object formed of Earth style when it comes to chakra based nature transitions. In that example lightening is limited versus the ground which is infinitely larger and it’s easy to disperse. If an equal force of Earth and Lightening Chakra clash Lightening is going to overpower Earth.” the older man piped out.

With the request to leave the older man would nodded, ”Yep follow Little Stone to the Proving Grounds.” he’d declaring shooing Kurai away.

After the student was gone he’d make himself some tea and get a snack from inside his desk.

”Instant tea… what is the world coming too?” he’d grumble as he reluctantly put a teabag into a cup with a sigh and ate rice crackers.

[OoC: For the remainder of the time at the Proving Grounds during this lesson you have access to all Earth Based Jutsu via the marker. Simply RP out how you think they'd work for you. Some jutsu are RP'd differently based on the individual. Click here for a link to the Proving Grounds thread]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[size=4]Ninjutsu 101[/size]"]Chi could be heard down the hall, laughing and giggling as she followed after the ball of fire. She followed all the way to the door before she realized where the ball was leading her. She remembered what Tora had said and took out the marker before she walked into the room where she expected Tonbo to still be. She would walk up to him and present the marker.
"Tora-sensei says I'm good to go, he said to give you back the marker!" She was still excited from Tora's words. "He said I knew a lot about Ninjutsu, and I got to blow up some stuff! It was crazy! I need to go now, I have some people to meet. Something important is going down!" She would laugh and, should Tonbo not try to stop her, she would then fly out of the room with her arms spread wide (taking care to move her body in a way so as not to hit the sides of the door frame).[/legend]
[legend="[size=4]OOC; WC:169|Topic entered/Left unless stopped[/size]"]Sorry about the rush, I just need this class to be over with so I can do a mission without having to give up rewards. I totally forgot you can only be in 1 class/mission slot at a time[/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tonbo roused out of his slight daze with something to do would blink a few times with realization of the situation and take the marker as he listened. He laughed a bit and waved to the young girl since she seemed to be full of spunk and already out the door. Being young was good at times he thought to himself with a smirk. With a yawn he scratched his side and waited for Tora and the other student to get back.

[Class completed for Kogane Chi: Pass payout 500 yen and +5 to a stat of your choice. Link to this post for paper trailing purposes]

Kurokawa Masaki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masaki is confused, he never liked the feeling to him everything in life makes since, well most of the time. Masaki was finally was able to find the message board after many wrong twist and turns. Looking for a class to join he picked a yellow marker that looks a lot like a metal slab that made him more awake a little.
'Hey might as well learn something new.'
When he find a class that has a yellow marker on top of the door, thinking this is the correct class for the marker he entered the classroom. Masaki took note that two people are playing a board game of some sort.
"Hey my name is Kurokawa Masaki and I was wondering is this the class that teach lighting ninjustu right? With a sheepish grin."If in not can you tell me were to go I maybe kind of lost. Feeling a little bad for wasting there time on whatever they are working on.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The elderly man cocked an eye in the new boy's direction. He had a marker but he hadn't been led here. Cocking his head up as if listening to something the man probably seemed a bit odd. "Well Masaki we're for the most part finished with the class today..." he explained as a current lept from the marker in Masaki's possession causing the man to smirk. "Your class should be that direction" he explained pointing at the current skittering down the hall towards another area.

[OoC: Click here for your class Masaki.]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Coming in with his hands in his pocket the younger assistant looked at the instructor. "Where's the boy?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. "Sent him home, need to return the marker. I think we're done for the day but I figure I'd let you know I'm taking off." he said with a wave as the instructor nodded.

Fushichou Kurai - Class failed due to inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back