Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ninjutsu 101: It's Elementary

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”You sure that’s the best of methods, Tora-san? You could just as easily track down the marker and give them the location with a time…” the black haired assistant instructor inquired.

”Oh just Tora is fine. Yeah I guess… but it doesn’t look as cool. Okinu-sensei always does it…” he explained reading the facial expression of his fellow instructor. Seeing the disinterest he dropped the subject with a sigh and waited.

The two instructors sat on the edge of the instructor’s desk and waited for the student to come through so they could begin the class.

”By the wait I never did catch your name Miss…” he began before his coworker put up walls.

”That’s because I didn’t give it.” she explained matter-of-factly.

So what am I suppose to call here??? he thought to himself smiling it of and laughing slightly as if it was just a joke.

Apart from the two assistant instructors there wasn't much to go on what was going to be gone over in the class or the main theme. Students would have to find out once they showed up for the class.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A smoking marker was an interesting way of leading a student to the classroom but there were other ways of finding the room with the right tools. Fumika had an older sister name Kitsune. She is a shaman and taught classes on occasion. There are places for teachers to see which rooms are occupied at what times. This avoids the complication of having multiple teachers from trying to take same room at the same time. Kitsune knowing Fumika is looking for a class, informs her sister of the time and place of the lesson. Thus Fumika walks into the classroom markerless. Fumika give a polite bow to the teachers and takes a seat. On her shoulder sits a hawk eying the teachers carefully.

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend=""I Love the Smell of Smoke""]
It had been only five minutes since the energetic and tiny teen had picked up the marker for a class and she was rather curious on how taking it would let her know there was a class ready, for that matter how would the teachers know that it was her who took it? That question was quickly answered when the tip on the small stick she was holding started to emit a small trail of smoke. “Woah!” She exclaimed out loud and watched as the smoke seemed to act strangely, leading her through the academy, she of course followed. “This is freaking cool!” She’d say loudly and giggle, taking a moment to inhale the smoke as she walked. “Mmmm, smells so good!” She smiled and skipped along toward the classroom.

She waltzes right up the the room and just step in with a big smile on her face. “Good morning~” She chirped energetically with a small, cute laugh. “I’m looking forward to this class, I hope you teach me a bunch!” She said abruptly before finding a seat near the other classmate whom she recognized of course. “Heya Fumika! Heya Yuki! Looks like we get to be in the same class together huh?!” She smiled her overly creepy smile thanks to the scars on her face. The girl would seem to bounce in her seat as she waited for the lesson to begin, giggling softly which Fumika would probably be used to but the teachers wouldn’t, having never met or spent time with her before.

[Sorry for the wait, shouldn't happen again ^^]
[/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young female assistant instructor looked from the first girl to enter to fellow instructor next to her. Giving the girl a curt nod in response the young lady wondered if she should get a pet seeing the hawk… it didn’t make sense if one was instructing since it would be a distraction but her side comment jabbed into Tora’s side like it was a blade.

”You’re marker is not cool. Actually it sucks.” she explained with a flat explanation.

Tora’s mouth dropped open at the comment and began to protest before he was interrupted.

”Lame.” she stated next to him chopping her hand through the air as if the discussion was over.

As the true recipient of the marker walked in Tora extended a hand out towards her as if to explain his idea wasn’t lame since it worked but as he turned to his counterpart she seemed to be spacing out as if not noticing.

”You should probably start.” she stated shoving him off the desk before moving off to the side and kneeling in wait.

Tora wondered what she’d do if she thought he messed up since she checked a small sword behind her before staring at him.

Clearing his throat he looked at the two, one seemed excited about the class and the other seemed very polite. This probably would go pretty smoothly. Except for his help didn’t seem to want to help unless necessary. He’d try and make the most of it as he began.

”Hello I’m Tora-sensei and I’ll be instructing you about the Ninjutsu Basics… mostly the Base Elements and various properties behind them.” he explained before glancing off to the side, ”She… will be assisting I think…” he offered and continued when he wasn’t corrected, ”Anyway let me know who you are and what you know about Ninjutsu already.” he explained in an upbeat and cheerful tone.

Current Task: Introduce yourself and what you know about Ninjutsu if anything

(OoC: No worries. Have room for late students but RP showing up late please, class will be locked to new comers in 48 hours.
For participants if you're in the thread and going to be a while before getting a post for the class let us know up let us know, if we're waiting on one person and it's taking too long (more than 4 days) I'll skip and PM you, I'll hand out strikes as needed for inactivity when I feel it's needed 3 strikes and you fail the class.)

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Fumika, like her sister Kitsune, knew nothing about the shinobi arts; not ninjutsu, genjutsu or taijutsu. The very idea of using handseals was completely foreign to them. Fumika knows how to use gypsy magic which little is she aware is quite similar to the shinobi arts. Fumika is able to create what is call seals of power. The seals of power that the gypsies use take the appearance of a magic circle in its non-activated form. The circle is a conduit which focuses and dictates the flow of power, tapping into the energies of the river of light. The river of light is a river that flows deep under the earth in the underworld; it is the source of all life and where all life must return. Within the circle is a series of shapes and runes, which allows the energy that is focused within the circle to be released in the way most conducive to the scriber's desired effect. This is sort of like a ninjutsu; a ninjutsu focuses one’s own chakra into a desired effect using a series of hand signs. Now the circle part of the seal is mostly used for curse seals. Normally for lesser powerful seals the scriber uses a magic array. Instead of using a circle to draw energy form an outside source the seal takes for the scribe’s piece of the river directly; this bit of river is what shinobi call chakra. “Hello I am Shikame Fumika and I know absolutely nothing about ninjutsu.”

[mft]

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl would giggle quietly as the teacher spoke to them, explaining a little about the class though he seemed rather unsure or nervous with himself; perhaps this was his first class? Or maybe it was the strange woman who was with him who he himself was a little apprehensive about. She seemed like a nice enough person but then again Reishii was simply optimistic about people like that, always happy to let people show her what they truly are instead of making presuptions. The teacher, to begin the class would start by asking names and to explain what they know about Ninjutsu which left the girl in a quandary, she knew rather a lot about Ninjutsu, well, how to use it recklessly anyway, she’d let Fumika answer the questions first as she thought about how to word it herself.

“My names Sukōchi Reishii and ermm… I guess I know a lot about Ninjutsu, well, I can use lots of fire jutsu even though it kinda hurts me and ermm… I can use some earth jutsu too, but not very much. I want to learn how to use my chakra better though! Instead of wasting it all and hurting myself, if possible?” Honestly it would be impossible, her very nature meant that her fire jutsu caused backlash, something she’d eventually have to learn to accept.
[/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taro listened to the two and frowned was the other assistant smirking since he’d have to explain the basics. Dismissing that he exchanged a glance with his counterpart. How do you hit yourself with a fire jutsu? Seemed to be a mental question they both asked when they looked at each other. He’d probably need more information on that one but he’d start with the basics for now.

”Well Shikame-san and Sukōchi-san it’s nice to meet you, and it’s okay if you don’t know anything about Ninjutsu, that’s why you come to class and learn the basics for things. I’d probably have to ask how you were casting jutsu to get yourself hurt by doing it to say for sure if it’s possible Sukōchi. We can discuss it a bit later in the class if you like or afterwards but I’d like to go into the some things Sukōchi mentioned though.

Ninjutsu involved manipulating one’s chakra which not everyone can do so not everyone can do Ninjutsu. Chakra inside one’s body is molded through various means and most of the time involves Hand seals to process the molding of chakra and how it’s controlled to do a jutsu. The second and third part would be shape and/or nature transformation follows creating something out of nothing or modifying the environment around you.”
he lectured.

”With practice in most cases things become easier for some.” he added performing hand seals before a light blue swirl of chakra formed in his palm before it liquefied into water, before swirling and becoming muddy turning into a small ball of earth, before sparking and losing its solid mass become a ball of electricity before changing into swirling air before bursting into flame before vanishing in a flash with a small trail of smoke.

”Water, Earth, Lightning, Wind, Fire, and Non Elemental are the basic elements the last being the absence of a nature based element usually just pure chakra considered by some. Any questions so far?” he asked looking at the two and the young lady off to the side.

While Taro spoke his counterpart listened, he seemed competent in what he was talking about. Although she knew the basics about Ninjutsu herself she didn’t think she’d have explained it the same way. Could she have explained it? She was more of a see it, do it, type of learner though so for now she’d keep quiet until there was a more in depth exercise. When he looked at her she nodded approvingly and mimicked clapping without making any noise.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Wait you mean you do something similar to this?” Fumika fingertip glow with an emerald aura and as her finger glides through the air and actual lines were being form. She was drawing a five pointed star in the emptyness before her. In each point she scribes a specific rune. When she was done a spark of electricity shot from the star and struck the floor. The symbol then fades away. “What does these handseals represent?” Before the teacher could answer she begins drawing three squares overlapping each other, which forms a 12 pointed star. “There are twelve runes we gypsies use in our seals of power representing the twelve animals of the zodiac; bird, boar, dog, dragon, Ox, Tiger, Serpent, Rat, Horse, monkey, hare, ram.” As she lists the animals she scribes a rune in each point. Within the 12 pointed star, she draw a five pointed one. She writes a rune in each point and in the center. “We also have runes for each element you mentioned earlier.” Fumika was assuming ninjutsu was similar to her magic and she would be correct. The magic array would stay for a little while before vanishing again. Unlike the previous seal this one did nothing before disappearing.

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend=""I love the smell of Smoke""]
Reishii watched and listened to the teacher as he went into his explanation and demonstration of the different types of basic elements. She was very interested in what he had shown though, changing the chakra in his hand into all the elements so easily, she would hold out her hand on the desk as Fumika spoke, asking her own question as Reishii started to try and emulate the ball of chakra and after a little concentration, it would happen, a light blue ball appeared, it was a little bigger than the teachers but was also a lot more unstable, shaking in her hand as it rotated, she tried to control it as best she could, tongue hanging out of the side of her smiling mouth as her eyes were fixated on it, not even looking away to see what the other student was doing.

It didn’t take long for her chakra to do what it did best and in a flash of heat the chakra turned into a burning orange ball of fire. “Well… I didn’t want that to happen!” She laughed softly as she continued to concentrate, though it was apparent the fireball was burning at her hand a little, the skin of her palm becoming red and tender. “Okay, lets change to earth!” She said to herself quietly, though people would hear if they were paying attention. She started to focus on the ball and much to her delight it began to change, shrinking and starting to turn brown till it looked like a small ball of earth, she chuckled to herself and was rather proud of herself but that feeling did not last long and she could feel something very strange happening. “Ermm… This isn’t gonna be pretty.” She smiled and closed one of her eyes, wincing back and waiting for what she knew was coming. The ball of earth started to crack and orange light shone out of the gaps brightly and then a little less dramatic that expected, the chakra ball popped loudly and molten rock covered the girls hand, forearm and desk to which she replied by busting into hysterics. “Kyahaha! That was freaking scary! I thought it was gonna blow us all up!” She continued to laugh as she desk and arm caught fire, both of which she didn’t seem to notice as she was to busy laughing at how silly the popping noise was. This was par for the course with Reishii, having her fire jutsu recoil onto her and it wasn’t like she didn’t try to control it, it just kept happening no matter what so she assumed she was doing something wrong. Truth was her Chakra was simply very attuned to the fire nature, violently so in fact. "See! This is what my fire does!" She explained between laughs. "It's so crazy!"
[/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”I guess we do have similarities,”” he added after her demonstration, ”effects aren’t always visible to such an effect but something for casting jutsu before the technique is activated that’s a good thing. In that I mean if you don’t want the target to know what you’re doing or misinterpret what you may do but that’s a different class probably. Hand seals assist in the molding of chakra various seals and the sequence they form a particular jutsu, the more complex the sequence the more complex or powerful the jutsu some say, that takes time though which is always a commodity few have a surprlus of when techniques of Ninjutsu are used in a fight. While some are more adept at molding the chakra needed and can do things once handed for specific jutsu, some techniques require no hand seals, while others require both hands even for the skilled. The hand seals do represent the same animals of the zodiac of mythology. I must say it is interesting and I’m curious of the nuisances between the two or if these runes can be combined for more advanced elements like in Ninjutsu.” he responded to Fumika the scholar in him taking over a bit since having an intellectual discussion on something new and interesting, ”I guess in a way you do but you don’t already know something about Ninjutsu though so you’re not totally new to such principles.” He explained with a smile.

Tora attention switched though realizing the ball of fire in the young girls had watched on as the other student attempted to mimic his action from earlier. He watched with a quiet smile and apologetic eyes since he didn’t know how she felt but could understand the frustration. Forming handseals a small gout of water splashed the area as it burst out of thin air in front of the instructor to dose the fire before it could spread. The secondary instructor had stood but apart from that she didn’t move forward since the Tora had acted.

Inspecting the girls hand his own hand glowed green after performing seals and worked over her injury. He didn’t know what was worse the fact she had a general understanding of what would happen when she practiced or the mental toll it probably took at her since she didn’t give up.

”Some people say fire will do what it wants to do. You can’t truly control something so head strong and free spirited, only attempt to guide it. At least you can’t control when it goes off though. I’d start smaller… and try and get full control on that and work up from there.” he explained kneeling down next to the girl and opening his palm to show the small flicker of a flame like that of a candle flame before it went out moving in a small circle around his hand. He had another idea in mind but it would require someone very adept with Water Chakra to help her train.

Standing he’s look at the two girls and the other instructor ”On a side note this would be a good time to discuss elemental clashing. Which one type of jutsu will trump out an equally powerful jutsu of another element. So who can tell me what element would beat Fire, what element would beat that? And what would beat that element, and which element trumps that one. That element is trumped by fire and completed the cycle.”

The other instructor shook her head for a minute and wondered if this man should really be teaching since that sounded so confusing.

(OoC: You can take two elements each or discuss it between the two of you and state the answer.)

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Fumika places a palm to her head as she feels a migraine coming on. It was just yesterday she did another one of her crazy experiments and fused with a bat. It did not seem to transform her at all at first, but now she could feel her changing. Her canines were becoming fangs and her nails claws, but it was not enough to really draw attention to herself. She breathes heavily and there was something in the air. A sweet smell lingered in the room, but what was it and where was it coming from. The smell was intoxicating and made her thirst. Looking around it seems to be coming off everyone in the room, but she could not figure out what it was. The scent was strong as Tora preform her handseals to produce water and when her hand glowed with a healing aura. It was chakra; she was smelling the chakra emanating from their bodies and it smelt absolutely delicious. Fumika was finding it hard to concentrate and it took a lot of determination not to get up and bite someone. She shakes her head in attempts wake her from her daze. The teacher asked a question something about beating fire and fire beating something. “Water takes out fire and fire defeats wind. Speaking of wind can someone open up a window? I could use some fresh air.” It was at this point people might be expressing some concern for she was starting to look a little on the pale side.

[MFT]

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The flames of Reishiis creation were soon taken away, doused by a small amount of water which was a relief, though really she didn’t mind at all because she’d been burnt so many times before it was just expected. She would take a moment to dry off her arm on her jacket as the teacher spoke and she would take in what he said, it was true that her excitement often made her want to go big and as such she’d never really learnt how to control it at a more delicate level. “I know! Fire is super temperamental! I just love it so much even if I do get hurt a little bit!” She explained with a grin, she truly did find the fire just so much easier to use than other elements, the fact that she’d managed to learn some earth jutsu was rather impressive since her chakra is attuned to only fire, Perhaps it had something to do with the strange seal on her stomach since that seemed to give her an excess of chakra to play with, Now it’s sealed up though it does make her wonder.

She would contemplate these mysteries about her body another time though, this class was important and she’d need to pay attention if she ever wanted to graduate. The question posed was one she’d certainly had a little knowledge on but wasn’t one hundred percent certain, though with listening to Fumikas answer it became a little easier. “Well, I know that wind is strong against lightning… then ermm, lightning must beat earth then because earth beats water… right?” She would ask, tilting her head to the side slightly, unsure of her answer because it her mind, earth SHOULD be strong against lightning, not the other way around but she knew earth beat water so it was a little confusing to her. One thing the girl certainly didn’t know about was advanced elements, even though the fire she held in her hand previously had become lava for a few seconds, she hadn’t quite realized it or understood the significance.

[MFT - 348]
[/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tora nodded and smiled at the young girl, although she stated she didn’t know anything about Ninjutsu she new enough Tora thought for a student if they wanted to learn and become proficient. ”Wind only fans the flame and water quenches the fire.” he said with a nod before hear the request on the end. He felt bad since it hadn’t crossed his mind the sudden smell of burnt flesh and hair probably wasn’t everyone’s norm for a glass, he looked towards the other assistant and saw her hand extended a thin line hanging from a gauntlet on her forearm towards a window that had been opened. With a twist of the wrist the line recoiled back hidden somewhere on her forearm. With a quick flick of a thumbs up she urged him to continue handling the lighter part of the teaching assignment. ”Uh… thanks…” he explained not knowing what to call her.

Addressing the other student he regarded her comments, ”Well try and not yourself hurt too much playing with fire… it does literally burn you so be care.” he explained his explanation not intending to be a bad pun just insight and an observation, ”Yes Earth pushed back water but finds itself a target of Lightning just like in nature, Wind scatters Lightening in turn.” he added explaining the rest of the cycle of how elements clash.

Standing up and stretching a bit he thought about it, that was pretty much the basics but it didn’t take that long to get out in a lecture. ”Well that’s pretty much it unless you young ladies want to hear about advance elements or do you want a special class assignment?” he would add. For the most part the explanation was done and they seemed to understand. If they wanted to continue though he was fine with that as well.

[OoC: We can finish the class here if you like since you’re both displaying a basic understanding or continue the RP your choice really.]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The teacher already told them that advance elements were combination of base elements, when he wondered if Fumika’s runes can be combined for more advanced elements like in Ninjutsu. True he could list the combinations but considering the number of base elements there are that would be a long list. What Fumika was curious about was something else he mentioned. He stated that there were people who could cast jutsu one handedly, which makes her wonder if there is any other special ways of casting a ninjutsu. However she does not get the chance to ask her question for the smell of chakra still tempted her to feed. “Thank you, sensei for your time.” Fumika then gathers her things and rushes out the door. Hopefully next time she can better control her new powers.
[Left Topic]

Shinku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend=""I love the Smell of Smoke""]
Reishii would nod along happily, with a big smile on her face. It was nice to get some of her confusion ironed out, that’s what classes were for right? “I think no matter what I do, I’ll always get burned, but I at least heal it up fast, I think my body is just used to it.” She chuckled, the class seemed to be over faster than any of them though, the students including herself seeming to know more than they’d known though there was something mentioned about a class on advanced elements, something she’d never heard about before. “What are advanced elements? They sound pretty cool! We should have another class sometime and learn about those!” She said cheerily with a grin, she already had a basic understanding of one advanced element, Lava, however she didn’t realise she could use it since she didn’t really know it existed. “Thank you for the lesson, I hope the next one is soon!” With that she would get herself up, waving to both the people in the room as she skipped out energetically.

[Topic Left]
[/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Writing up a report of the attendees and subject matter one of the instructors stretched before he started walking out followed by his assistant who just finished closing the window before following.

Well that wasn’t that bad. Kinda shor-“ he began looking sideways as his counterpart her eyes flashing during the dialogue. He froze before coughing suddenly clutching his side.

”My apologies I seemed to have bumped you. I guess I’ll turn in the report… you should get that checked out just in case.” she explained walking out ahead of him with the report.

”Bro-ke m-my-ri-rib…” he finally managed to state before falling over in pain. Tora made the mental note to never use the word short around the young lady. He already felt like he was dying on the inside.

Me-dic…” he breathed face down on his knees. He was glad the students were gone. He probably wouldn’t seem cool like this.

[OoC: Class passed for the two of you (Fumika & Reishi), use this for papertrailing rewards payouts if need be].

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back