Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Not Absent Friends [Haru]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke returned from his mission in disrupting the Daimyo's caravans. It was a strange situation, considering there was now another player in the game. Someone had acquired military tech, and was wearing a suit much like himself. Sousuke approached his secretary's desk to find Rioshi present. Except... she was not. Sousuke looked down at her post where the woman should be. Usually not smiling, sometimes doing her nails, sometimes giving him that annoyed look. Oftentimes he suggested she wear a bit more clothing, something less revealing. Rioshi was a very top heavy woman, sometimes he wondered if and when she got old what she might look like. She was not a woman of a moderate size. She was quite tall, quite strong, and ... perhaps a bit vain.

Sousuke would look to his left and see the blinking red light of messages. Sousuke would take a seat but before doing so he would dust himself off as ash and soot came off of his armour. He would begin to go over the messages one by one. He wrote down the contents of each one. There was one message he came across. He played it not once, not twice, but thrice. He frowned at it. He overacted when he thought that Rioshi had been working against him and was part of the capture of the Daimyo's daughter. Sousuke had allowed some time to pass in between that incident. He considered it and played the concept of it back and forth in his mind. Perhaps part of him wanted Rioshi to be Shiori, so he could finally put her in the past where she belonged. Part of it was a desire of him wanting to engage in a war of words with her. The Kazekage could not get over the concept of Shiori being Mother Suna, and that she ... she was not what she was supposed to be. She was not the goddess that many believed her to be. Few had that knowledge, and Sousuke kept a tight hold on who knew it. He didn't tell Roku. He didn't tell Katuso. He didn't tell Harupia.

Sousuke rubbed his temples. Well Rioshi could be at the hospital right? The Kazekage with his metallic fingers dialed the hospital. He asked for the room she was in, but no Rioshi there. He asked if she had appeared at all. No. Nothing. Sousuke frowned more. He leaned back in the chair and span around three times. He dialed another number. "Hey. Harupia."<i></i> He paused, "I'm in one of those grim moods, and I sorta need a friend right now."<i></i> His eyes closed, "Dinner? Yeah. Brown paper bag dinner. I don't feel like going out or anything. I feel like staying in the tower. My household is finally being rebuilt. I'll order in food or something. ... ... ... No. I got this, and yes I decided to change my mind."<i></i> He listened for his friend to respond once more. "Yeah. See you in fifteen? Sure."<i></i> Sousuke would clean up reception. The place sure did get messy with no secretary.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
First time using fresh pic!
R9qWMaY.png

Before the phone call came, harupia was in the middle of dressing himself up after a brief shower looking at the mirror. He had to admit one thing...shorter hair made it a lot easier to dry it out. Still felt a bit strange...when he visited his family after his extended leave, it was a bit of a...tumoltous gathering. if only because his father was furious about his disappearance and came at him in fulls wing...still, it turned out to more of a friendly spar then a true blood bath. He managed to calm him down. Calming his mother was a bit more complex, but in then it worked out. But she insisted on having something done with her hair, which he kept even longer and less kept than before. While usually not one for haircuts, he did agree this one time...he had to say, he didn't look half bad.

The phone call itself kind of pulled him out of his musing at his own reflection as he picked up "Hello?...Ahh, Sosuke, it's been a while since you called " he said in a cheery tone, though his expression sombre a bit as he listened to his friend "I see...wanna go out grab something to eat?...heh, will a brown bag be befitting of the Steward?" he jokes a bit of a smile showing on his face. He listened on before saying "Yeah, I get you...you sure you don't want me to grab the food? I see. If you say so. That sounds good, see you soon." he ended the call with. He couldn't help but feels slightly worried...Tay tended to be a bit melancholic in general...or maybe detached would be a better word? He wondered what got him into the bad mood in the first place.

It didn't take him much time to head of. Dressed in a red shirt and a black vest over it, he decided to take a bit of a shortcut, floating to the office window of the eKazakeg tower on a sand nimbus. he didn't take much with him, just a solid bottle of something to lighten the mood. Sosuke did mention he'd arrange the food only after all. it wasn't anything too strong, a whiskey-based liquor flavored with lime. Had a bit of a kick, but nothing you'd have a headache on the second day. As he reached the window he poked it a few times, letting his friend know he was out there.

Mft, Wc= 429

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
While Harupia was on the way Sousuke ordered the food. The place he called knew his voice now. They finally accepted the fact he did not want free food, and was very much willing to pay for it. It was one of those things where he commanded them to take his money. Curious thing it was really, why would people not want to take his money and provide themselves with the payment for a well done job of cooking and delivering delicious hot food? As he put down the phone receiver he turned and saw that Harupia had arrived fashionably on time. People usually insisted on fashionably late being a thing but

Sousuke opened the window and allowed Harupia in. He didn't expect this. Well, he knew Harupia had access to a nimbus and he could raise himself accordingly. "Didn't think the nimbus could go that far. I suppose it boils down to the amount of chakra used to keep the form together."<i></i> He scratched his temple as he was putting the thoughts together in his head about how it worked. "Food will be here shortly."<i></i> He coughed and his eyes darted to the side. "Also... that's Kazekage these days, stopped being the Steward."<i></i> He asserted with a grin of sort. The grin vanished quickly enough."Not that it's really important, well I guess if you're being silly with me it is?"<i></i> Sousuke seemed unsure of himself. Was Harupia trying to make light of his prior position of power? Humor was not a strong suit of Sousuke. It was something he worked very hard to understand. It was an education.

The sound of the bell went off. Food arrived rather quickly. Sousuke would motion for Harupia to follow him down. A couple of yen bills later Sousuke was walking about with a very large brown paper bag. He led Harupia into the dining room. He would begin to set down the food and used some of his new psionic abilities to arrange the table for two. Knives and forks floated about. Once everything was put out neatly he would motion for Harupia to dig in. "Did you ever wanted to talk about things when you ... were absent for a time? Did you find yourself? Did you ... see anything outside of sand?"<i></i> Sousuke asked. The Kazekage was tied to Sungakure in many ways than one. Did he ever leave the country? Nope. Had he been in another provice or state? Well, did Soon's count?

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Harupia scratched his head a bit as he entered through the windows saying "Well, you, most of the time it used more to levitate above the ground, though I've been using it pretty extensively through the years...you can get quite high if you really focus on it..." He blinked as Sosuke corrected him, first with a green, then becoming a bit more gloomy again. Shaking his hand he said "Nonono...I just...you usually prefer people refer to you by the previous title...I didn't quite notice when you fully embraced the Kazekage mantel" As far as he was concerned his friend fully deserved to be recognized as the Kazekage after everything he's done...though it seemed a bit unusual for him to reconsider a tradition like that. also, it again scratched the itch of the fac t he was gone for so long he didn't quite know what was going on in the village still.

Soon after his arrival, the food came. he followed suit with Sosuke, trying to prepare setting up the table as he paid before the Kage started moving all the elements seemingly with his mind. Blinking, he simply laid down his bottle on the table as he observed him food...Then the question came. Something he did expect. Part of him wanted to change the subject...yet, his last talk about it with the docile puppeteer Ren had given him...a bit more courage. Sosuke was his friend...he's been through alot...he would understand...would he? or would he cast him aside, an abomination like those which hunted their village...

Haru tried to calm himself, his right arm shivering somewhat noticeably, a familiar feeling rising in his body. With a sigh, he started saying "Heh...I saw quite a few things outside of sand...I dived into places not many managed to come back from...what I found...what did I find?" he asked, half rhetorically, looking at his right arm. He would then raise his head towards his friend, proving himself a bit of his alcoholic beverage "Don't treat this like a pop quiz or anything, but how much do you know about Sunaku Naito? Or perhaps of Sunaku Jado... I figure you might be interested in someone interested in science a bit more than other people, heh"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke's eyes would go skyward for a moment. He was trying to remember when he had actually made the active choice in his mind to be the Kazekage. He had gotten the year, the day, now he was working on the time. "Exactly two years, eleven months, eight days, sixteen hours, twelve minutes, and forty-two seconds."<i></i> He spoke, "It was the day after my birthday. Ever since Okibi left I've spent most of those quietly now. Most of my court forgot about the day except Nobu who demands I go drinking and feasting with him. I did it once, and ... well it's something I might do in another year's time. Nobu's parties are very long drawn out, expensive, and ... well for the sake of repetition and forcing the description it was very expensive. I think he spent three years worth of my groceries on this party."<i></i> Harupia knowing Sousuke's spending habits which was always minimal would either come to his own conclusions. It was known that Sousuke was beyond modest in his spending habits for the most part.

Sousuke would offered Harupia the steamed vegetables, followed by the BBQ Pork. "One moment please."<i></i> He spoke when Harupia spoke of those two names from his clan. One name was far more "Of the two? Not much I have a better idea of who Naito was. What Jado did some considered what he did to be taboo, and in a way he was a traitor to humanity? Most of his works were considered heretical and a danger unto man considering what he was trying to empower."<i></i> There was some history Sousuke was uncertain. Some of it was poorly recorded, or perhaps some of it was misreported. Given what Sousuke knew now, he was beginning to doubt it. "You have found something different, or something that was missing in history."<i></i> The Kazekage would pause for a moment to reflect upon the other name, "Naito .... he was the head of the Sunaku clan for a time but he met an untimely end? Something of him being devoured by wildlife, but history I've found lately has not been recorded correctly."<i></i> Sousuke leaned forward. "I suspect you have something of a reveal for me perhaps? Ancient history sometimes has a habit of ... coming back again and haunting the present."<i></i> He proceeded to fill his plate with food. He bowed his head for a moment and spoke a short prayer. Was it to Mother Suna? No. It was something else entirely. "I didn't think you descended from that particular line of Sunaku?"<i></i>

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Harupia blinked several times, retreating back to his own head as Roku spoke about the details. Such a long time...he did remember Okibi...but was it actually so long ago. And Sosuke accepted the Kage moniker fully by then? He always assumed it was him just keeping up appearances...Just how detached was he for the past few years… way too much, that was for sure...not that he didn't know that as is. It's something that kept weighing on his mind...he tried to shake it off right now. He put up a smile as he said „Well, be sure to let me know when that happens again...or well, give me a message in case you get party napped by surprise. Seems like something right up my alley” He could go for a wild party right now… as much as he realized now was probably not the best time.

For the time being, the steamed veggies and pork would do just fine. He listened intently as Sosuke said what he knew of the names mentioned. It was interesting to listen to someone outside of the clan, without an attachment to all the lore, retell the tales. Ironically, the retelling of Jado’s tale was slightly more accurate than that of Naitos. Still, as he spoke about finding different stores, and the way the past haunted the present… in spite of his ventricles, the wit of his friend was as sharp as ever. With the last part he would finally speak up „Not quite...at least not directly. As you know there are three branches of our clan, distant enough not be to...unhealthly related, for the most part. But close enough to stand in unison...much thanks to Naito. No offense but you might be selling him a bit short” he said with a slight chuckle, taking a pause for more food „To put it simply, at the time he was seen as a child of a prophecy of sorts. Born as a child between the Shibata branch, of warriors, and Odayak branch, of artist and… handsome people. Raised by a member of the Gedo clan, known for their scholars. One child, combining all the best of the clans, claim by some to be the one to lead them to unity...and the guy lived up to the hype, all things considered”

Pouring a bit of a drink for himself as he spoke he said „Now, what you said of him is...somewhat accurate. He was believed to have met an untimely end in the wilderness for a bit of time...by some. But he came back, stronger than ever before...just in a team to lead the Sunku against the ancients. Now, the recorded history of what exactly happened is quite spotty, as Naito himself was quite secretive about this one thing. And at the time, with the whole war going on, they didn't seem to ask much questions...at least, not in the open. But I did find something… something connected with the work of Jado himself…”

Taking a large swig of his drink, he leaned in closer, looking Sosuke straight in the eye...trying to stay calm, but his right left arm shaking somewhat verbally „Before I speak on, I must clarify one thing. You spoke that you know for the heretical research...and through the years, we have seen quite a few..unusual entities. Whatever Shouki is, other members of the Cabal or those they sent to guard the explosives in the village...some things I've heard about the ANBU leader under your service. What do you think of people using these powers of unknown origin, unsure source...powers which may or may be not too good for them?” He had no real idea how to broach the topic...but he was taking steps towards the elephant in the room. Or well...the sand demon in this case.

Mft, Wc= 631

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke looked at Harupia and detected his confusion. "Just to clarify that birthday party was years ago. I haven't had a celebration like that in some time for good or ill. No I took the title quite a bit later. After the Cabal invasion... and after a few things. Time has always been a funny thing. I look the same and yet here you are a changed man more than I'll ever be."<i></i> Sousuke did not reach for the drink his friend brought. Sousuke needed to keep sober. It wasn't like he got drunk often, only once did he truly ever lose his senses. That was a long time ago and something very different. "Lord Nobu ... who likes to know I do have friends outside of the court, which are few in number, would do well to meet you some day."<i></i>

Sousuke would take a seat and listen to Harupia correct him on some of his history. To this Sousuke expression a hand waving gesture which was an apology of sorts. He listened to him explain what the more corrected version of it was. He had heard weird versions of it, but he could not and dispute with a member of the Sunaku clan who knew it firsthand. "He returned, but was he considered dead properly or as a new person?"<i></i> He asked. People did this strange thing in history. Return from the brink. Some people returned, did something great, and then returned to whence they came. Before Harupia continued he asked Sousuke a question a philosophical one of sorts. "My former Anbu Sennin was Mikaboshi who was the leader of the Deep Court. I had an unfair contract with him which did not end well for either of us. Suffice to say he is an Ancient who helped us by not participating or aiding Homura or Fuujin at Godsfall. He was punished by the Sunahoshi and locked up. I had entered a contract with him not coming to a full understanding of the problems in our history."<i></i> He clarified. "He burnt my house down. Possessed the last Sunahoshi for a time but ... both parties are freed now. That is a very short version of that story, one which is missing pieces. I will admit I was wrong to do as I did back then .I am not proud of myself, but ... really I don't think I have much to be proud of really."<i></i> He spoke quietly towards the end.

Sousuke exhaled finally. He looked to his good friend. "What do I think? I think there is a price to be paid when using powers of unknown origin, or source. Sometimes it is physically taxing, the Sunahoshi heir when he taps into his potential is hurt and in hospital for days. I tire out and am forced to actually sleep which I don't normally do."<i></i> He paused, "There is a cost, and you have to be aware that cost can change at times. It may be at your expense, it may be at the expense of others. How much are you willing to sacrifice, and are you willing to sacrifice others ... and do so of them unwillingly at times?"<i></i>

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru nodded saying "I guess I should have assumed so. If it were in recent years chances are you'd have trouble to disused me from not accompanying you". He paused as Sosuke didn't go for the drink, while mention how much Haru himself changed...accidental foreshadowing or did Sosuke knew more than he'd imagined? he'd find out sooner or later.

As the question came he answered "Well, I don't think he was truly considered dead, but his absence left a bit of a power vacuum in the whole clan hierarchy. Once he got back tho...before he wanted to unite the Sunaku of the deserts, but it always seemed like a pipe dream of his. After his return, he seemed to have the strength to take the reigns and impose his will. Both in terms of physical and mental strength. He was the same man, but...a refined, perfected version. Ready to lead his people against the ancients..." And where was Haru now? Pretty far from what he wanted to be...though again, for all he knew the greatness of Naito in the story could have been greatly exaggerated.

At his question, Sosuke shared a few his own stories. Ones which had made him...somewhat concerned. He did hear rumblings about the ANBU Sennin of yore...though he never had a chance to meet him face to face...or well, mask. It felt strange being both in the thick of things, yet so out of the loop... Though the knowledge the Sosuke table with such powers was...interesting. Not fully surprising given his curious nature...though it would seem the experience was somber in the end for him. Especially given his last comments.

Haru pondered a bit, taking a deep sigh, and a swig of his drink before saying "Can't argue with that...I'm sure Naito himself paid the price as well. What I know is this... Naito found a trail leading to where the traitor Jado ran once his connections to the ancients were exposed. I found first bits within the Annal's of war, and from there it went on a bit of a wild goose chase...suffice to say how I was bearly around before I actually left the village. I was lead to the East, somewhere near the borders of Wind and Claw country. There are a few villages there near the solitary lake there, but from there, the vast expanse of the desert...not as harsh as the maelstrom, but still not easy to habituate. Yet, from the pieces of information I knew, Jado was working there on something...and Naito followed him.

Now, to be honest, at this point what was true and what is more of a figment of my Imagination becomes...blurry. To give a bit of an abridged version: After the day of wondering, I found something in the desert, a structure. A spiraling tower moving upwards, seemingly made from an Obsidian like material. I went into it...and got promptly trapped...and then stabbed by spikes from the walls...then I woke up at the closed entrance again..." He sighed, before carrying on "I honestly can't say for certain what happened there...but from what I remember, it was a trial. If you died, you came back to life, several minutes before. And so I moved on, avoiding traps, getting into new ones, fending of creatures and finding remains of those who didn't seem to have the will to go on. Though I need to specify, you only were pulled back a few minutes, maybe like, 20 minutes at most. Usually, once you moved to a first part of the maze, you were stuck there...as well as any injury you sustained.."

Rubbing his hands anxiously ha carried on "But into the end, I managed to find what was the final room of it all...I think It was different than the previous ones, built n the top, seemingly to watch from it at the poor souls trapped inside. But at some point, something broke into there...leaving only dead bodies in its wake. Bodes long decayed, but there were scraps of papers, files....mentioning Jado and his research, Ancients who found this...source of power...some quick scribbles about Naito himself...Abd there was something else. Something that...called to me. beyond the room was seemingly the center of the spiral and a vast blackness in it. And there was a scripture saying something about a final sacrifice...and after a bit of soul searching...I've managed to make the right choice.

After that, things became even more of a blur. it was as if suddenly the demon maelstrom erupted from the bottom of the spiral and engulfed me...though, it was even more violent that than. And it wasn't just the element, it was...I could hear voices. Talking about the power of the core, or the haert...or, whatever they called itself. But it was as if...the sand, the soil around me was talking...reaching out to me...wanting me to stay. And it was such an intense, magnificent pwoer The reason I came here...to gain strength. And I wanted it...but it wanted to consume me...So I fought against it while trying to harness it...and it would seem this one time, the saying about dumb people being lucky was quite true..."

Leaning in forward on the chair, taking a few more bites of his food before pushing it to the side he said "After all that, I stood, the tower in ruin, and me intact...somewhat. You mentioned the cost of dealing with a power you can't comprehend...I would say I paid my fair share of self-sacrifice". To illustrate the point, he rose his left arm...which then dissipated into a mist of sand, floating in front of Haru...reavelaing a badly tended to sump of a cut of arm...form the rest of his body, it would seem sand would coil back, revealing scars, bruises, wounds almost deep enough to see a bit of bone...His left eye while, a scar on that side of his face...his right eye, seemingly with a wound as if something impaled it.

After a few seconds of the display, the sand seemed to revert back, and he was back to his normal, handsome, not injured self. With a sigh, he would ask "I'm sure you've seen many people controlling elements my friend...have you ever seen someone who became the element?"

Mft, Wc = 1102

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke had seated himself. He hadn't touched his food. He leaned forward slightly and had his hands held in a praying fashion. He held his hands slightly under his nose. His thumbs were touching the bottom of his jaw. He sat there curiously as he listened to Harupia fill in the gaps. It had seemed that the person in question had truly become a superior version of himself. In a way that had made Sousuke feel better that he was not the only one historically to become a better version of themselves. It was a child-like in a way, but it was affirmation. He lowered his hands and rested his forearms on his legs. It was then and only then did he actually begin to eat the food he had ordered. He continued to listen to Harupia speak, every once and a while he paused to look at the ceiling. It was as if he was doing some cleaning or rearranging in his mind. Curiously whereas Harupia's path led him east Sousuke was working in the west. Harupia and the lake, and Sousuke cast into the fire.

Harupia then explained a curious thing, that there was a tower that would continue to resurrect the individual on multiple ocassions. "I suppose you get used to it, dying multiple times that is."<i></i> He spoke quietly. Sousuke learned what it was like to be vaporized but put back together. It was a curious thing it was, but one Sousuke did not like dwelling upon. Flickering existence. Harupia continued his narrative. It took Sousuke a moment or two to play it properly in the theatre of the mind. He imagined it and then sat on the sidelines and watched as Harpia conquered puzzle after puzzle. He fought his way there and made his way to the top. He bested the tower only to have it consume him almost literally. In the theatre of the mind he was teleported out and watched as this building fell down and ontop of him. This was not Harupia's grave. That he took heart in as he watched his friend come out from the destroyed tower.

He then watched as Harupia revealed his injuries and that it was his sand that was hiding things in plain sight. Yes Harupia gave something indeed, he gave quite a bit of himself it seemed. Whereas parts of Sousuke were metallic and cold, Harupia was made up of sand. Sousuke would close his eyes for a moment and keep quiet. His final question made him wonder. Someone who became the element? It was something different yes, but it also meant something terrifying as well. There were those who were of the element yes, but those beings were not human. They were ... well some interpreted them as gods, others thought of them as monsters. Harupia would put himself back together and Sousuke said nothing for some amount of time. There was sound, but not the sound of his voice. Sousuke rapped his knuckles on the table multiple times.

Had his friend become part Ancient? There were a number of rituals in the world, and there were plenty of beings that were half-breeds. Kazuki was one of them. Katuso was ... kind of one in part? Naganisa had become one. Michi/Fuu was certainly one of them. Maybe Roku? He would answer the question with a singular answer, "In part."<i></i> He sat back in his chair, his back pressing against the back of the chair. He would give Harupia a sort of hard look. His mind beginning to outline where his scars were, where the sand took over and where it formed the arm and the rest of his hand. He knew where the scars were. There were a couple of questions he needed to ask, "Food. Human food. Does it still sustain you?"<i></i> It was an answer he was waiting to hear, mainly because how he answered it would give him what he needed to know. Each half-breed Ancient he had encountered were different. It could still be that his friend had not become a half-breed Ancient. Perhaps he was elementally infused?

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru could help but nod as Sosuke answer his, as he thought mostly the rhetorical question. The Kage has been in quite a few missions of his own, even after his nomination, he could imagine him seeing similar things...it was partially why he revealed it so that maybe they would be able to figure out just what happened to him. As the question came, he blinked, taking some more of his food and another drink before saying "I can assure you, it still tastes delicious to me" letting out a bit of a smile.

After a moment he became serious again saying "Yes...I think so unless I'm simply deluding myself. But I do still feel hunger and thirst, and the need to sleep. I still feel pain, and my body feels the same as before...even if I know it isn't" he paused looking at his left hand. To demonstrate a point, he focused on it feeling the sand starting to shift as in from within his body, expanding the size of his hand and the reducing it back "Even now, when I try to change its shapes, it feels like it's...mine. Not foreign, not like a prosthetic limb. And, the ease I can do these things...before I had to focus to ensure my sand was as strong or as malleable as I needed it to, now I can do it almost on instinct."

he paused, looking into his friend's eyes as he said "And I can just feel...more torn over it. I can move masses of it with ease, shape it into even more distinct shapes...I can manipulate eth earth element in ways I never could before... And the power I felt when the tower fell...my body was disintegrated, but I was still conscious, could move in the winds like sand...but as I tapped into the power, I felt...as if a force was dragging me away. I almost forgot how my face looked...but I was able to refocus. I woke up near the settlement I reached before...though instead of days, I got there in what felt like minutes... Whatever I found there, I can feel its power coursing through me. As If I've captured the moment between my chakra transforming or fusing with the element I want to use, and somehow being able to harness that power. And to be honest...I haven't been as fascinated or afraid at any point in my life" he paused, looking at his hands "I still feel human...I still want to e human...but what in the hell am I actually?"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Seemingly, Sousuke was now not the only one to have experienced being 'erased' as it were. Sousuke during this time was eating and looked down to his plate to see it empty. He would absent mindedly allow his psionic powers to go and the dish would float itself to him as he would with his mind move the food to his plate. He would nod his head and place the bowl back down. "There's this funny thing about me handling food with my mind, and yet if I do so for another I feel as if I've ... made it unclean for the other. A strange notion considering I have not touched it with my hands or anything."<i></i> Sousuke quietly returned to eating his food while he listened to Harupia talk. "Perhaps it was your fate to put an end to that tower. Sometimes when I am at my wit's end I sometimes come to the conclusion of fate. A godly concept one that ... upsets me really. Sometimes I wonder why do I get out of bed in the morning just to stick it to fate, but perhaps it was fate that led me to thinking in that manner anyways."<i></i>

Harupia was at a loss of things towards the end. He looked to his hands and asked out loud what he was. "You are Sunaku Harupia son of Shiego and Kohana. You are a descendant from the First Men. When your father passes or should he step down you stand in line to become the next head of the Sunaku clan."<i></i> It was partially grim, but it may not unfold that way. Shiego was indeed getting older, and he may leave Harupia with the title and responsibilities sooner rather than later. Sousuke became Steward-Kazekage because his father stepped down. Katsuo did not take the title of Kazekage. He hated doing so, but Sousuke declared himself Kazekage. In truth it made him wonder if people had the mindset for the work it would encompass. Being the Kazekage did not only mean being an apt fighter, it was a job of paperwork and numbers. Financials, budgets, and business. "Last but not least Sunaku Harupia. You are my friend, and those I have few of. I have plenty of people who pretend to be things in my life, and you are not one of those."<i></i> Sousuke would exhale. "People have a tendency to believe that I am not really a human. There is a bit of a running joke of sorts that people believe me to be a machine and not quite human. Enzeru once said it to my face that he thought I was a machine that was programmed to do what was best for the village."<i></i> Sousuke would motion to his arm. "Perhaps I may someday the both of us will just cease to be something human, and something else. Yet we still are descendants of the First Men."<i></i> He repeated once more. Repetition was a tool, to hone in on a particular concept Sousuke was told.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Harupia rubbed his forehead as he saw Sosuke levitate his plate into the kitchen for some more food, still not quite comfortable with the whole topic of what happened to him. Smiling a bit he would say "Heh, that is a bit of a strange way of thinking about that...though I assume you would be holding it with you chakra? Though I’m pretty sure chakra itself doesn’t leave any scent or flavor...right? I assume that you are using a jutsu to do that„ he mused with curiosity. At his later words he said "Heh...Fate can be a frustrating concept, imagining all of you life is planned out by some greater force...though it hard to say god now seeing how all the god like entities we've encountered don’t seem to be... omnipotent. Regardless, we can’t really say what fate is even if it’s there...so its best we just forge on taking the days as they come... It can lead you to pretty surprising results" he said looking at his left hand again. He started this all on a whim... and now look where he was.

Then Sosuke spoke again, about his heritage. A bit of a bitter laugh coming as he mentioned him being in line to lead the clan. He didn’t quite fill he'd fill in the boots... he wondered if Naito always felt comfortable with bearing the responsibility of all the people. And then the monologue took a... much warmer note. An Admission of friendship... not something he heard often. His expression soured as he mentioned people calling him not human...he was different, but deep down he was much more human than a lot of people he met. The last comment was also more somber...though at the same time, hopeful. Chuckling a bit he would try to reiterate "Whatever we become, we know where we came from, and we know those who we want to protect. As long as we remember that, we still should be able to do a bit of good here, heh. Now, If I may ask...we talked about this briefly by the wall last time, but what is the situation of the village right now? Because from what I can gather, it seems our merry squad of the Cabal was just a warm-up?"he asked at the end, his face serious. One boon of being friends with the Kage, you could get the most likely up to date scoop of just who exactly was trying to raze the village...again.

Mft, Wc= 413

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke rubbed his chin. "Well, chakra is spiritual energy. This is a little weird to explain. Some of my abilities are ... psionic in nature. Chakra is a fuel to psionic manifestation, or another way to think of it as a bridge. Chakra is the bridge between getting the object from point A to point B. When I make use of lightning jutsus, sometimes they manifest as purple in colour, the reason being that those storms are not natural. They are storms born in the mind. Sunahoshi storms are primary elemental in nature, like truly elemental. Some have made the argument that things born of the mind are secondary elemental, meaning that anything born from the human mind is ... not natural as compared to an actual thunderbolt."<i></i> Sousuke had hoped that in his long winded explanation didn't confuse or annoy his friend. Sousuke had a rather bad habit of doing that to his friends.

Sousuke would nod his head. Harupia was in agreement with his statements and annoyances about fate. "I suppose the best strategy is to put it out of the mind, and not concern with it. It leads to some ... disheartening and odd thoughts. I suppose the idea really is to just go out kicking and screaming... well maybe not literally but you know where I am going with this."<i></i> Sousuke in a curious notion would raise an empty glass and attempt to make a toast - he would stop and leave the room to return with said glass now having a drink. Something that was not alcoholic. "To what we would, or will become."<i></i> He agreed with his friend. Sousuke would give Harupia an answer of sorts, at least with regard to what was to come. He would place his hand on the table he would then summon a folder. He would keep his hand down on it. "They were, but this fight that is to come ... I am certain you will fight with me but know that this has been brewing for some time. What this file contains is something rather deep. Before either of us was born, this is how deeply rooted this is. Are you certain you are ready to deep dive into this?"<i></i> Sousuke would await the answer from Harupia before releasing the file. If he were to say yes, he would release his hold on the file and issue it forward to him for his review. "This is not something that is going to end overnight. This is something that is going to take quite a bit longer to successfully fix and handle entirely."<i></i>

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Harupia scratched his head a bit "Psionic...so like Psychic? As in, coming from your mind? I mean, isn't most jutsu kind of like that. You may be using perhaps a more...pure source of the element, but you are willing it with your mind to do you will...well, partially with the mind at least. I guess with you storm jutsu is a bit more literal. It may not be natural as you say some claim...but if so, doesn't come such power with your mind speak more about the strength o it, rather than the inferiority of such a creation? I mean, I can only assume your purple lighting stings as much as the ones coming from the Sky" he said with a bit of a laugh. Haru would never be accused of being a purist of any kind. He enjoyed traditional fighting styles and just as much as any new creation he came across.

He nodded as Sosuke spoke on " Whether you believe in it or not, it doesn't matter too much. If it exists, then whoever weaves it is probably out of our reach...then again, we've faced various fantastical creatures so far... But if fate is only a myth, then each day will be as much of a surprise as the last one. Which can be disheartening...the fact I wasn't sure what the next day would bring, if I would be ready for what is to come...it pushed me to leave the people I love in search of...something... But I guess it was important I did something." As Souske raised the toast with his own beverage, he refilled his own cup, rising it to say "So that we continue to grow and propser...and pity to anyone standing in our way" before chugging it down. Letting out a loud sigh as a shiver went down his spine.

He was attentive as Sosuke spoke of the Cabal, and what was to come. Aprernlty this was something going back...a long time back. Could it be older than what he countered... Still, he simply waved his hand as Sosuke offered the file, grabbing it as soon as it was moved towards him "I could only assume as much...and I have full intention of doing everything necessary to sort this mess out"

Mft, Wc= 378

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Well, yes in the mind born from the mind and using the mind. Not all jutsu or techniques are psychic in nature, yes one requires a honed and focused mind to do so... but you do have the odd situation of people summoning entities, or channeling an element through a focus or totem of sorts. Sometimes people strike deals or make bargins with beings of a higher power to make use of certain techniques."<i></i> Sousuke would begin to outline the differences to Haru. "I can reach out to metallic objects and make them form objects to hit people, but as a psionic I can ... say throw a person or misdirect their attack using my mind. The lightning of the sky seeks of a lightning rod, the lightning storms my psionic abilities manifest don't necessarily have to hit the lightning rod due to its original nature."<i></i> He continued his explanation at length. "A storm ninjutsuist might detect a storm over Soon's Sanctuary and move it over to us, and then just force it to strike down upon us. Others can create it at will and have a storm cloud hover above us and then tell it to hit us. Others pull storms from the 'dimension' that summoning contracts come from."<i></i> He made air quote remarks at the word dimension. Where summoning contracts came from was up for debate. Some called it another world. Others called it a dimension. Some were of the thought they came out of nothing and they had ancestral memory.

Harupia would begin to go through the file, it was the same file Roku made public. He didn't expect Harupia to have immediate access to it but ... here it was. "This game we're all part of. It's been present before either you or I were born. It had been taking root since the time of the plague wars. I don't think either my father or yours was aware it was taking place. When Hiro had passed, my father did what he thought was best and to put Sungakure underground. During that time the Daimyo had taken control of Wind and allowed things to go unchallenged. The one referred to as Nao mentioned in this file, he had been using Hiro's brother Daisuke - he had been using his body as the means to keep the storm up. It's a disturbing thought, and yet Nao was the same one who had resurrected Barnyx. This enemy is dangerous and hails from a hidden village ... Otogakure. I know little about it, but they're far better hidden than we were."<i></i>

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru blinked a bit, listening to what was Sosuke saying... well, trying to keep up. He shook his head a bit...he wasn't quite drunk but the fuzziness was getting to him. Compounded by his friend going into some more abstract details regarding jutsu usage, and the source of the powers of various Shinobi. He couldn't help but shiver slightly as he mentioned. What he went through wasn't exactly a bargain...he at least assumed so. More liking riping something away from a much larger entity... Focusing a bit he would say "So what you saying is the way a power is created doesn't necessarily make it inferior, but just different, as in you blots of...psionic lightning not obeying the same rules of physics as normal lightning would. I see...though in essence, we been the rules of the world, in general, using our own powers. I mean...do people actually have enough water inside of their bodies to create a massive dragon shared projectile?" He said half seriously... master oft he water element always fascinated him in how they managed their resources. "But this is something interesting, to say the least...have you ever tried researching this kind of stuff more thoroughly? I mean...I'm not sure how well that lines up with your typical research " he pondered thinking about all the metallic constructions Sosuke was known for.

Harupia read through the files as fast as he could, though he probably would need to give a much more thorough review later on. As he listened to Sosuke he would put the file down, running his hand through his hair "Great...so the daimyo decided to live us for dead and rise himself an army via kidnapping children and some...experiments. And now seeing how we didn't rot underground he wants to finish the job... And if his men can do things like that, we have a handful here huh?" laughing with a bitter note. It was surprising how it passed under the rader...but he guessed that he generation wasn't the first that may have overlooked something...then again, having to move your entire life to an underground stronghold must have had a way of absorbing one's attention "Do we know anything o this village, or is finding out on the Agenda for now?"

Mft, Wc= 406

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"That's putting it mildly, but vastly undercutting the Daimyo's intentions."<i></i> Sousuke would stare at the table and glare seemingly at it. "The entire country has been at odds with us because of my father's decision to relocate Sungakure. I don't think anyone will ever understand his situation or why he made such a decision."<i></i> Sousuke explained, "He has the media controlled. When I went to Soon's, people thought I was some sort of tyrant. I tried to dispel such notions, but I could do so. I don't want people bowing before me and that is what they did."<i></i> Sousuke spoke almost angrily at the subject matter. "His agenda is very simple. Complete control of Wind. He's married himself to a Soon's Merchant. His legitimate son is to be married to the countess in Tea. His daughter to be married to the Otokage. He's left us out of the loop. We are not part of his world."<i></i>

Sousuke quietly considered the 'agenda'. "I can tell you Nao is from Otogakure, but you would know that from the files."<i></i> It was unsettling for there to be that unknown. Even in the case of Shouki, Sousuke had an idea of how the man worked. Otogakure? He had no idea. "Us knowing nothing much, I suppose, is a failure of my own doing. I've been trying to deal with putting Sungakure on the map. Been dealing with fallouts."<i></i> He paused for a moment. He rubbed his forehead. "I helped killing Shouki a second time."<i></i> He spoke lowly. "I, by choice and by situation, was not really able to include you."<i></i> He revealed. He made a motion for Harupia to pour him a stain of drink. The last time he had been drinking was a few months ago now. Sousuke looked left and then right for a moment. He did not want Katuso walking in on him seeing him drink. "Last time Gambunta ate him. He crawled out. This time I watched his body dissolve into worms and debris."<i></i>

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He Listened carefully as his friend explained the situation, holding his forehead "I guess they would be better of if we just stayed in the middle of the desert and died, rather then secure a home for everyone int he village and help them from there... People sure do seem to take us for granted... They can sleepy soundly not really knowing about the things we have to deal with... worrying about which princess will marry who. He doesn't want us to be part of his world... so he got himself a little army of psychopaths thinking he can replace us...and maybe his first strike did hit us hard...but we're still here, and we're rebuilding. Kind of hard to ignore our existence. Didn't know so much political marriage was happening...I guess I should read the news a bit more huh?" he said with a bit of a bitter laugh

After a pause, he said "Well, getting us on the map will probably help. making these files public was also a preaty decent move...though one question I can assume coming from the other side is any proof of this Sovergin army is actually a thing...again, thinking from the perspective of people from the haven or other villages..." he paused as he heard the name Shouki. Not saying anything he did pour the drink for his freind and passed it to him, listening to his friend, letting out a slight chuckle as he seemed to look around. He gave quite an a...vivd description of the foes death. Sighing as he poured himself some more of the drink, the bottle getting closer to being empty out by this point he said "I'll be honest...as much as Id like to believe I'll never see that psychopath again...I can't help but doubt that it was truly his demise...but in case it is... to hell with him" he finished taking down he drink in one go. Think about the red-haired bastard was not a pleasant thing.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"It's never enough Haru."<i></i> He looked to his metallic arm. "No matter how many times I go into the desert to fight something or save someone or a grouping of people. Ten more events occur. Yet in my heart, I know ... I truly know, if I leave Sungakure for too long something like the Cabal would happen again. It will happen again, it's just a matter of time."<i></i> His metallic fingers tapped against the table. Sousuke eyed some of the remaining food and reached for it. He finished one dish and motioned for Haru to continue to help himself. "Ignoring us would probably not be in his best interest. A Sunahoshi ... given their power level, capabilities is very hard to ignore. It presents us with a person who could quite possibly take the throne not only in Sungakure but for the entire country itself. I suppose if I was an actively ambition person too ... I could seat myself on such a throne."<i></i> He explained. He chewed quietly as he snorted at the prospect of Harupia keeping up with the media. "Don't bother with the media. They have me painted as some sort of tyrant because I took the title of Kazekage, when in truth I had been doing the job of one this entire time."<i></i>

Sousuke sipped the drink poured for him by his friend. He allowed the state to linger in his mouth savouring it as best he could truly appreciate. "You're starting to sound like me. I'm not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing."<i></i> He looked at his drink and swirled the contents of it around. "Time is a flat circle."<i></i> He spoke. He sipped from it again. "Everything we do. It will happen again and again."<i></i> He looked back to his friend. He realized that in this moment a sort of despair had taken hold. It was time to put it to bed. There had to be at least a dozen better things for them to talk about. "We need to cease this gloom. Surely there must be something brighter we can talk about? Are you seeing anyone?"<i></i>

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He let out a bit of sigh saying "Some people would say we'd be left without a purpose if that was different... I for one wouldn't mind some time to work on my other hobbies" he said with a bit of a chuckle. He listened to him as he spoke, taking a bit of a deeper breath to calm himslef...he was getting slightly more worked over by this then he should let himself. As much as the whole situation angered him, it didn't help much to dwell on it now. He raised a brow at the mention of a Sunahoshi "One of the people who were there when the maelstrom was stopped, right? An Actual Sunahoshi? I guess that is something hard to ignore, someone much more competent who could be put in your place."

He couldn't help but laugh a bit as Sosuke spoke about the media "I guess you are right... though It surprised no one tried to get the other side of the story. Conflict probably would generate a lot of eyeballs...I can't imagine what they wrote about me when I vanished for so long...boy did I get an earful from my family" he said finishing what was off the drink in his glass, before eating some of the food. h couldn't help but raise a brow a bit at what his friend said "You mean in me being more...pragmatic or something else? I guess it was bound to happen that you rubbed off a bit form me...though I guess I should work a bit to return the favor huh?"

He frowned a bit at the second comment about time "Well, I guess that ties back a bit to us talking about fate... even if that would be true, won't hurt to try our best to disturb the circle" before the next, somewhat casual question came up "Erm, me? Right now, not really...I've had a very...weird mood since the Cabal happened. I did try seeing that red-haired woman who patched us up when we fought Shouki... Who, as I have learned, was your cousin...but that was shortly before I left. I'm great sure she'll hate me now. Do you know perhaps how she is doing? And, well I've seen this one girl at the bar in the Sietch. She was quite lovely...How about yourself? Have you...erm..." he paused briefly, not sure what to say forward. Last he knew, he was close with Yume...who as he heard, was nowhere to be seen for a long time...

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back