Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Contract Search Smell that Sea Breeze! (Dual contract)

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sumire would travel around Wind Country to merely get a run in. Even with the vast size of the Country, with her abilities, it is nothing to her. She would eventually make it to Soon's Harbor during the night. There were lights around the pier to light up the place, but it felt warm and nice. There wasn't a whole lot of light pollution so when she looked up into the night sky, she would see that it was densely populated by stars. For real it was beautiful.

Taking a deep breathe, she breathed in that sea breeze. It really felt calming to say the least. Sumire would sit at the end of a pier where water levels had risen to be just below the docks. She took off her shoes and slid her feet into the water. At first it was freezing cold, but then her body, or rather, her feet, got used to it. She would sit there in silence as water would lap against the pier calmly making gentle water sounds.

Her Sensei had taught Sumire that she needs to enjoy the moment that she is in, even if it is for only the smallest of times. Through him, she had learned to enjoy the little things in life. And now that he is gone, her heart hurts sometimes thinking about him, but she remembered that he wanted her to live a happy life. She would have a soft smile as she looked out into the horizon of the endless night and sea.

(255/1500)

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
There's a spider in the water.

Slender frame and too soft breaths from something so pale beneath the moonlight - a siren of sorts skimming the sea. She would float aimlessly, needlessly, lifting hands to the sky above as if she could capture - and snuff out - every star her agile fingers brushed over. She was almost childish about it, turning over in the lap of a wave to kick out her feet and open wide the pearly gates of her teeth. Maybe she could simply eat them; one by one, snapping in time with the click of her jaw. Hahaha. It was just such a beautiful night. The sky was so bright - the waters so serene - she had only urge. Coasting along on her back, bobbing in the gentle movement of the harbor, she felt a twitch in her hand. She longed to disrupt it. Gods, did she want to mess it all up! Put it out of place! Move those stars! Turn them off! Pool up the ocean! Fill it with serpents!! Capsize every peaceful, docked boat that hung off their easily slicable ropes!

Alas.

She hummed out this urge, vibrating with an intensity only a feline loosed in the thought of chaos might. How unbecoming. Good, but, far, far too silly. It was concept born from boredom and boredom alone - what was she supposed to use to entertain herself tonight? When would her next dance be? Everything else seemed like so much effort. If only her whims could be spelt with a wave of her arms - arms that now slipped her closer to shore with a quiet splash, gliding through the waters to edge back towards the pier. She definitely wasn't supposed to be out here. That was the first step in making something interesting of her time.

The second, was, well. Hello there. Her tongue clicked at the roof of her mouth, the realization she wasn't alone in nightly contemplation. Despite assuming the theatrics unlikely to be shared, she would still crest around the shape of the girl resting with her feet in the water, popping just her head out to wade and speak. Bright hazel almost violet in the turn of the moon. "Good evening. Answer my three riddles and I'll gift you with legendary power."

[ 383 / 1500 ]

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She would stare up into the night sky, trying to remember the constellations that she had once learned long ago. Her brain racked as she would eventually start to remember the constellations. Her index finger would trace the sky as she followed a star to another one, to make the Big Dipper. It always leads North. Sumire would smile as she still can remember about something insignificant to the world of magic ninja such as star constellations. It reminds her that no matter how big or strong someone may get, everyone is just part of some grander scheme, most likely unknown to all.

She would start to look for more constellations until she heard a voice. Looking down into the water, Sumire would see a young girl greet her and then go on to talk about riddles and power. She would laugh, but not in a demeaning way, but rather almost pure of heart. she would then say, "Aren't you a little bit cold? I've only dipped my feet into the water and it took a while to get used to it." She would offer her hand to the girl, and if the girl would let her, Sumire would pull her up before igniting one of her fingers to warm the girl up, if she let's Sumire. "My name is Sumire. What's yours? I'm not looking for any legendary power, but I can try and answer your riddles!"

She would wait to see how the girl would react to what she had said. "Or, if you want, we can stare up at the night sky and look for star constellations."

(524/1500)

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
A curiosity. The woman seemed unphased by the strange, moonlit creature that washed up into her bubble of quiet contemplation - not quite popped, but expanding to encompass the two. This brought a twitch to Nanaka's catlike ears, one perched a bit higher than the other that slanted from the weight of water. She would tread the sea for a thoughtful moment, staring down the hand that reached out to proffer camaraderie despite her attempt at antics. "You must be something great and terrible, alas, if you have no need for the power I offer. My lady." She would try to tease the game just a little bit further - one last bid to shenaninganery - but a soft, wet hand would slip through the offered one and drag Nanaka from the depths.

Did it get colder?

"Oh." It came naturally - too naturally, uncultured like the rest of her careful words. It came with a shiver and a little bolt of her tail, lithe appendage sticking straight out with a tremor at the tip as her toes bounded against the pier line. "It. It is cold. Wow." She must look silly in that moment, a consideration that brought her incredible ire. Get ahold of yourself, stupid cat. It's just a little chill. She shook it off with a flick around of her head, spraying droplets of water back at sea but desperately avoiding soaking the woman as well. What kind of introduction would that be? Some stray sopping at your feet? She blew this out with a stretch of slowly popped limbs, twining and untwining her fingers until they held out in a frame of the night. She peered at the stars through them, standing next to the other. Tried to see what she might see. Daring eyes would blink violet in the dark of night, illuminated by the fire Sumire held out for them both. "Nanaka, lady Sumire. Nanaka Chikamatsu," as if the name offered weight she needed to take advantage of. "Very well. The first of my riddles:

Why are you out here?"

[ 726 / 1500 ]

Last edited:

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sumire would give another pure hearted laugh as the girl had said that she must be great and terrible to not accept the offer for power. "Maybe I am great. But terrible? Kind of sounds ominous really, but I'm more of an open book to be ominous!"

As she rather easily picked the girl up out of the water, Nanaka would recognize that the strength that Sumire has doesn't really match her looks of her body, as it seemed as if there was almost no effort to get her out of the water. Sumire looked over at the girl who was shivering and stated that she was cold. She would nod and summon a clone that would run off at high speed with Sumire's real wallet. Soon the clone would be back with a towel and a blanket. Offering the towel to Nanaka for her to dry off and then Sumire would wrap the blanket around the girl, careful not to burn her with the fire she had ignited. She would shake her head and say, "You don't need to be so formal with me. You can just call me Sumire." She would pause, hearing what Nanaka called herself. A Chikamatsu. This is the second person she has met that is part of the clan, but the third one that she now knows of. "Chikamatsu eh?" She would inquire, "It really sounds like a well known clan! I can't wait to meet more of your clansmen!"

She would listen to what Nanaka had to say about what the first riddle was. "Why am I out here? Well at first I was training. Going out for a small run around the country. But I decided to take a break and look up at the stars. There's just something so calming about it, don't you think?"

(826/1500)

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Nanaka realized Sumire was right - and honest, perhaps to a fault. She was incredibly earnest. The wet stray stood quietly in the pensive stretch of night, considered and fussed by the other girl, and watched the easiest summoned clone she had ever seen a ninja throw together scamper off to acquire additional assistance. With the woman's money? For her?? What in God's name? There were layers here, see: she had a) randomly stumbled into a girl who b) happened to be ridiculously easygoing and therefore immune - or impassive - to her attempts at tomfoolery, and c) was very strong. Stronger a Shinobi, likely, than Nanaka had encountered outside of the Overseer to date. Even then, her foster parentage was ... complicated, and had a layout of power across the board between every Inner Court member - Sumire just seemed naturally powerful, by pure ease with which she spoke and did actions that would take impossible concentration from Nanaka. She was so ... unbothered! The young Chikamatsu could make a clone, sure. She could even make a fire. Not so lackadaisacally - that's why she had her chakra strings. Everything else was too messy.

In any other scenario, Nanaka would play a fool for all their coin. This was a simple matter of manipulation. However:
Sumire was not messy at all. She was efficient and quick. This was a threat.

Nanaka needled her heels into the pier as a towel and blanket both graced her slight form, slimming her to the size of the child she was for - well, maybe the only time anyone had ever seen her that way. She could only blink. Was she fucked? A sly reassessment of the situation as her tail twitched behind her, slowly drying from the heat of flame and flicking out remaining droplets so that it might better snake in her shadow. "Sumire," she responded, softly. The trick to this conversation was neither playfulness nor formality. That removed most lines of sociality that were acceptable from Nanaka's playbook - everything beneath was mostly gnashing fangs and claws, also not called for.

"Th ... yes," what's the problem? Cat got your tongue? "The Chikamatsu clan are well reputable within Sunagakure. My father -," did anybody else catch the way her body cringed and bristled at forcing that word out?, "- is the leading Med-Nin in the village, and many of my ... siblings ... follow suit. Know you are in good company, Sumire." She could at least round out her explanation with a purr, shifting beneath the warm cloak and glancing over the skies. Sumire seemed incredibly untroubled by Nanaka's presence - and Nanaka didn't think she could let that stand. At least announcing she was a suitable companion could re-affirm the chance she might not be. Right? You're at least a little weirded out, right???

"You still need to train, Sumire-san? I'm surprised. I would my wile my days around in bliss if I could." She does. "I do understand why you would come here, then." Nanaka had done the same, of course - some kind of distraction, or enjoyment, or any type of deviation. It was a pretty sea and gorgeous stars. Fairly, the peace of it all made Nanaka antsy - her interest came from a carnal desire to leave a mess in the morning - but, hey. There was some sort of thoroughfare there. "Calming ... yes. Very well: my second riddle." A sidelong glance beneath heavy lashes.

The first riddle's answer should have been 'for your entertainment, Nanaka-chan,' but she'd accept sincerity by a virtue of it. She didn't feel in the court to play Sumire anymore. The woman had brought her own interest afield. "What's the number one rule to being a Shinobi?"

[ 1348 / 1500 ]

Last edited:

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It would seem that the young girl had a lot on her mind, things that Sumire probably will never know. When the conversation went on about the Chikamatsu clan, there would be something about Nanaka that Sumire would notice. It didn't really sound like she liked her family, but she has some respect for them to recognize their abilities in the Medical branch. "Well, if you ever want to, I can ask your father if you could stay the night at my place. I could cook your favorite food. Or we could go out sight seeing. Or we could go shopping. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I first introduce myself."

When asked if she was still going to train, she shook her head. "I mean, I could. But it is getting pretty late. Also. I can't just not leave you when I am enjoying your company." She would look out at the quiet waters as they lapped gently against the pier. "My sensei had once said that forming bonds with people is much more important than that of dedicating your whole life to training."

The girl would go on to ask about a second riddle. What's the number one rule for shinobi? That in of itself is quite a question that could lead the two of them into many hours into the night about what the number one rule for Shinobi is. Instead, Sumire would say, "That really is an interesting question! Looking into it, you could ask a hundred people that same question and you would be bound to have a hundred different answers based on their own personalities and their own experiences. As for what I think..." She would ponder for a second before going on, "Protecting the Village, it's future, the young academy students and genin, and the ones I care about. It is mainly the reason why I train so much. Because I want to protect the ones I care about and everyone else too."

(1154/1500)

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Why wasn't she bothered by Nanaka? Sumire didn't even blink. She offered her additional company - some type of ... girl's time??? - with a continuously gentle expression, and also moved to continue responding as if nothing Nanaka said was ever strange. Or off-putting. Why didn't she find her off-putting? Why don't you think I'm weird? I'm weird, aren't I??? I'm so weird! Get uncomfortable!! The cat-shaped girl was moments from jumping up or down in some kind of childish tantrum. She would never stoop that low with her physical form, but there was a good deal of anarchy in the hallways of her mind. Hey!!
Sumire didn't have to hate her, but she could at least hesitate around her!

Nanaka was working herself up in a way only she could: for this -- easy-going, lackadaisical approach by someone she had only tried to tease or prod since she got here ran completely antithetical to any way Nanaka had ever been treated before. People weren't relaxed around her as a rule. Her family, her teachers, the company she kept - everyone saw her for what she was, and it bothered them. It drove people from her vicinity, or kneeling in subservience, from the first introduction: her vibe was always wrong. She was a predator. She was a manipulator. She toyed with people. It was their only purpose, but: she didn't seem to phase Sumire in the least. It wasn't even a matter of power differentials - Nanaka was dimissive, not delusional, it was obvious the gulf between her and the other girl - but just a natural perspective of someone who intended to take her at face value rather than the vibes she was trying to put off.

It was weird. Sumire was weird. Nanaka felt weird. "I'm happy I could lend company to your night, Sumire. You've certaintly distracted me from mine." Not meant as a slight, but a thought; she found her entertainment, even if it felt at her own expense. She would just play nice. There was no need to make trouble in uindisturbed waters ... not like this. Not with the blanket hanging off her shoulders. Bare skin peeked out into the night, bit and cozied under a seasonal chill. She was the sentimental sort, Sumire. Maybe Nanaka wasn't that much better. Sometimes. She would sigh, mulling a thought inside her mouth until it pushed out with a thwip of her tongue in the evening air. "You care a lot about everyone you meet, don't you, Sumire?" Nanaka was the exact opposite. "You lent me your care immediately. You've done nothing but be gracious and host a pleasant respite for us both." Why? "I'm grateful. I am." You're so weird. "I think you could do it. I think you, at least, could look after the entire village. If that's what you wanted to do with your time. If that's what being a Shinobi is to you."

She would slow - hesitation was unlike Nanaka. "I'm still figuring that out for myself."

It's not like that mattered to Nanaka, as few plans as she had to stick around for long, but: "I'll pose my third riddle, then."

And her next look was a little more her. It was a little more real. It was a glimpse into that playful unnerve she teased along, a turn of fae light in the gaze of hazel upon Sumire. She smiled. A curling, half smile, illuminating only half her face while the other found solace beneath the stars. "Do you want to steal a boat with me?"

[ 1938 ]

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Again, it would seem as though the girl would have conflicting thoughts running through her head that Sumire doesn't know about. The jounin herself would stare up at the starry sky as she patiently waited for an answer from the younger girl. Upon the girl saying that she was happy to have kept her company, Sumire would nod, "I do hope that I have kept you nice company and haven't distracted you too much of what you've been doing."

Nanaka would go on a little speech of how she believes in Sumire on doing good for the Village and looking after it before closing her speech with that she is still trying to figure things out. "There's still time for you. You still have your whole life ahead of you. Just don't forget that you don't have to face all of your challenges alone, okay? People will care for you and will want you to do great things. I wouldn;t have been where I am now if it wasn't for my late Sensei. He had taught me to be kind and care for others. But then again, even as I am, I will need help. Only Primus knows how the Kazekage managed to run the Village without any Sennin. Just as the Kazekage needs Sennin to take a load off of him, I will need my friends to take a load off of me. And the same will be for you. Cherish all of the bonds you make Nanaka. And help them as they help you."

After that, the girl would ask Sumire the final riddle. About stealing a boat? Sumire thought it was a joke and would laugh before stopping and shaking her head. "No. We both know that can't happen. And if you were actually serious. I would recommend you not, for your own safety." Her voice was stern, but Nanaka would still hear the caring part in her voice. Almost as if a mother was scolding her children. But she would get up and hold her hand out to the little girl, "How about I buy you some hot cocoa and take you home?"

(1510/1500)
Using dicovery of contract of your choice to get Tsukogami

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
She really was in her own head a lot, wasn't she? This could draw a short laugh from anyone. A rumble in her throat. "No, no," if anything, "if anything, you were the main event of my evening, my lady." It was too easy to slip into familiar roles. She'd always prefer reading from her script.

Still, her eyes drifted from Sumire to the sea, to the stars above, back to Sumire. They had a slightly pensive quality. Soft, glowing in the night. People would care for her, too? Wouldn't that be troublesome. "If that would be the case, Sumire, then I'd say you've made a friend in me tonight." And what powerful friends they were - at least, Sumire would be for Nanaka. "If you ever have need of I or the Chikamatsu facilities, I'm sure I could work something out." Nanaka always had this quality about her when she spoke - something devilish, something coy - like the words of fae or a devil's contract. She couldn't help it. The dark theatrics were the only masquerade she had. "You've been pleasant company." An adventure, least of all. "Regardless of what I do as a Shinobi, I intend to always pay back what I'm given."

In what way, in what ways.

A derisive snort. It was worth a try - Sumire's earnest, standing rejection of Nanaka's last idea for them was almost as funny as if she had agreed. Maybe over time - maybe next time - she'd make work of her will, and find something a bit more exciting for the two to share, ah, but, alas ... this was still a night to find chaos in. "Yes, yes, of course, Sumire-san," said so sweetly, so innocently. "Whatever was I thinking." The way she spoke couldn't fool either of them; this was now another game. "My, I'd hate to overwork your gratitude ... but that sounds lovely. One last dance and then farewell, then?"

And her hand slipped into the woman's, claws retracted and all.

[ 2267 ]
[ waiting to leave topic until Sumire does / after Contract claim ]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back