Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Sora-Ku Shakedown [Exam/Mission]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
In the early morning hours, one lone shinobi was perched on the rooftop of a tower in the quiet ruins of Sora-Ku, also known as the Sky Ward. Tall, empty buildings lined the horizon for as far as the eye could see. The shinobi was a young man by the name of Jomei; a Chuunin of the Hidden Leaf dressed in the standard shinobi uniform, including his unzipped flack jacket. A violet band on his sleeve indicated his position as a member of the Information Division of the Main Branch, sent to proctor a Chuunin Exam for two genin candidates. A compound bow strung with silver wire was holstered on his back, and a golden dagger was sheathed on his hip. He revealed a long copper spyglass from the back of his tool pack, which was a rectangular leather pack spanning the small of his back. Jomei extended the copper tubing to its maximum length and began scanning the horizon, particularly spotting another skyscraper opposite to where he stood.

As a part of the Leaf’s new testing system, a different kind of practical exam was being experimented with for the newest candidates. The new era of rebuilding in the Hidden Leaf meant thinner ranks, with shinobi being expected to fill greater roles at a younger age. His superiors informed Jomei that his genin squadmates were at the top of their class, and expected to pass with flying colors, though he was weary of the expectations set by his overseers.

Before the adventure, all three participants were briefed in advance about the parameters of the mission and the criteria of their exam. The mission was to locate black marketeers who were reportedly using Sora-Ku to stock and sell hot weaponry banned in the Land of Fire. Once the trio was assembled, they were to convene with their contacts, a clan of shinobi felines which called the city home. They were the eyes and ears of the city, and with the help of these cats, the shinobi would be provided valuable intel. The exam itself was simply a matter of evaluating their skill in combat, critical thinking in the field, and capabilities to perform as a team.

// WC394
- Requesting Yumoto Akumi & Murasaki Yoruko //

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Today was the day, Akumi would be promoted to chuunin. Or maybe tomorrow, either way! It was soon. Akumi woke up bright and early, like usually, but with more enthusiasm, if that was possible. She got dressed and prepared her tool pouch. She packed extra clay, kunai, and shuriken. She tied both her Iwagakure and Konoha headbands on. Her Konoha headband was tied to the top of her head, and her Iwagakure headband went onto her neck. She wanted to be like her older brother, wearing both his headbands at the same time. Childish, but it was her way.

Akumi soon was off, out of the house, and on her way to her next mission, which took place in Sora-Ku, lovely place. On her way there, she couldn't help but admire the beauty of the ruins. It was artistic and unique. On this mission, she would probably bring more beauty to this landscape. She was itching to show her creativity, soon she would have the chance.

It didn't take long for Akumi to arrive at the rondevu point. Just on time, She saw who she assumed to be Jomei, the one who would be testing them. "Hello, Yumoto Akumi here, all set for the mission." She said in a cheerful voice, but a bit calmer tone than her usual cheery pitch. She was small, and below average for her age group when it came to weight and height. She could pass for an eight-year-old at this point. If it weren't for her maturing body that is. She expected the higher rank Shinobi to be bigger than her, she also ready for him to assume that she was too small for the job. Sometimes, the smaller the bomb, the bigger the impact.

All they had to do now was wait for Yoruko, AKumi had met him before. She was excited to see his pretty eyes again. That Sharingan was marvelous, so purple and beautiful. It was also frightening, but that's what made it even better.
Right now what caught her eye was the current landscape. Disaster struck here and left a beautiful scene. She might not have liked her father, but she did take after his ideals.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Today is the day... I'll be one step closer to my goal.'

A boy could be seen leaning against the rail on the balcony of his apartment, taking in the sights with his violet sharingan. Yoruko was wearing black slacks, a long-sleeved red shirt and a body-length black cloak, with the leaf-symbol headband wrapped around his arm, just underneath was a nearly identical marker but for Iwagakure. He'd been ready for several hours already not having slept well the night before. It wasn't because he was nervous but because he was far too excited to properly rest. Metal strained under his hand as he gripped it until his knuckles turned white as bone as the hairs on his arm raised with excitement.

Breathing for a moment he relaxed his grip on the railing and pressed off from it, checking over his tools. He nodded to himself before visualizing where they would be meeting up. It wouldn't hurt to make a good entrance, and he wouldn't even be late. He'd also made sure to take care of his paperwork in advance so it wouldn't be a problem with the gatekeepers. Taking a two-step leap to the railing he leaped from the top of the building, but never touched the ground.

A swirling image could be seen as a distortion of space before the red-haired shinobi appeared next to the other two, landing softly at the rendezvous point with the grace of a cat. He glanced over and saw Akumi, the girl from before, and with that he recalled the mission parameters; as if he'd forgotten, he'd spent most of the night while he'd been awake memorizing the details. Find the black marketeers in Sora-Ku and deal with them. Yoruko glanced over to Akumi and Jomei, making eye contact with them before speaking.

"Murasaki, Yoruko reporting for duty. Good to see you again, Akumi." He spoke softly, the tomoe of his sharingan idly rotating as he waited for the mission to begin. While he waited he glanced at the other two, Akumi was wearing a different outfit today, which looked nice on her. As for their teammate, he looked familiar although he couldn't place where he'd seen the man before. Tucking it away for now it would surely be just a few more moments before the mission would begin in earnest.​

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jomei did not have to wait long before he felt the presence of others approaching the designated meeting spot. He watched out of the corner of his vermillion eyes as the first of his two candidates arrived on that rooftop. While he did read their files in advance, Jomei’s eyebrows perked in surprise when he glanced at Akumi’s meager stature. He turned to greet the youngling with a warm smile, trying to make a good impression of his impromptu teammate. “Good morning miss Yumoto, you’re right on time” Jomei said encouragingly, overlooking the ideas from his visual assessment. He recalled himself being a bit of a runt as a genin, and expected Akumi to pack as much of a punch as he did at her age. Shinobi were dangerous in all shapes and sizes, and Jomei knew the girl was capable of packing quite a wallop. Her profile reported that she was gifted with a rare clay explosion ability, perfect for demolition and assault operation. Jomei was confident that under his charge, Akumi would be as powerful as she could be versatile.

“A little bird told me that you were gifted in the art of explosion jutsu” he said, cutting to the chase with his intrigue. It was like a spear-tip. “I hope you brought plenty of that clay my friend, we might get to use it all today” he insisted with an intrigued look in his eye. Jomei thought to continue a bit more small talk, but then he caught wind of his other candidate making a dashing entrance.

“Ah, and there he is; mister Murasaki” Jomei realized as he scanned the latest lad to arrive on that rooftop. Just as his profile suggested, Yoruko possessed the genetic gift of ocular jutsu— the rare gift of the Sharingan, though he was missing the important Uchiha name that usually accompanied it. Jomei was a perceptive young man, and noticed a distinct difference between color in Yoruko and the true Uchiha brand, though he was more surprised that he was already using the ocular gifts. “Alright then” Jomei continued, “my name is Jomei, your teammate, and proctor for your exam. I’m happy you both made it here with apparent ease this morning; that goes to show you can follow directions well enough. I’d say we’re off to a good start.”

Their proctor began searching through his pouch for something in particular, and as he became preoccupied, as medium-sized, muscular tabby cat stalked along the roof’s edge. The cat was blending shades of orange and creme colors with lime eyes, scruffy fur, and a hidden-branded red bandana tied around his neck. “We surely are” agreed the cat, who spoke the common tongue just as well as any of the humans their. Among the trio, Jomei didn’t seem surprised to spot the talking cat, and he offered it a light bow instead. The cat responded to the motion well and began circling around between his legs before moving onto Akumi, who stood closest besides Jomei. “Daizune” the cat said, offering his name before delving into the intel he promised. “Just as Daizune found out in advance, the marketers are set up in that building across from us, and have an unknown cache stored in there. Daizune has been inside; these merchants have occupied the lower levers in force: the building has seven levels total, but Daizune has not been able to confirm the cache’s location. Security is very thick on the ground and second floors.” Once Daizune was sure he said some suitable intel, he paused to lick his paw and comb his bristly whiskers.

“Alright, you heard Daizune” Jomei added, asserting himself after the cat’s show-stealing arrival. “The marketers are rolling deep in that building across from us… let’s pool our resources and decide a few things before we discuss our way in. Allow me to start— I am skilled with archery and will serve as overwatch and sniper for the operation. I’m certain that I can pick off targets just about anywhere within that building with the right guidance using my special-crafted arrows.” He then revealed two ear-mounted headsets, one for each of the candidates so the three of them could remain linked no matter what happened. “Alright, your turns— what are you bringing to the table?”

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Akumi smiled at Jomei as he said good morning to her, "It is a good morning." She commented quickly, for some reason it filled her with energy to be greeted like that, or maybe it was because he was kinda cute. Obviously, the guy who was leading this, Jomei, was probably way too old for her. It seemed he also did his research, he already knew her bloodline. She was happy to hear he knew she packed an explosive punch. "I packed extra, it might not look like it, but these pouches are deeper than they seem." She stated with a nod. Maybe it was a girl thing, but she could fit so much crap in any of her bags, it was almost like a clown car.

Soon Yoruko appeared, literally. Akumi blinked and looked at him. He really did have a powerful Dojutsu, unique. "Glad you are here, Yoruko." She said to him with a grin. She doubted this mission would fail, especially with talented shinobi handling it. She knew Yoruko was powerful, she could feel it. Obviously, Jomei wouldn't allow this mission to fail, if Akumi and Yoruko didn't make the cut. Which most likely would not happen.

Jomei spoke to both of them, introducing himself, and stating they were off to a good start. That was for sure, this morning felt energizing, so of course, this was a good start. Jomei started searching his pouch for something, but it didn't take long for Akumi to notice a tabby cat hop onto the rooftop with them. The cat looked very masculine, he was a handsome cat, if that made sense. Not only that, the cat can speak! "Oh, hello there." Akumi greeted the cat, Daizune. She'd be lying if she said she didn't want to pet him. Though if she did, she would probably end up with a nasty scratch. The cat had intel they needed, he explained to them what he has discovered.

Jomei began to speak, discussing what he was capable of. A sniper would be very helpful in this situation. Before Akumi spoke, she took the Headset and mounted it on her ear. "As a Touji, as you know, I create explosives, of all shapes and sizes. I am a master at my bloodline, C1-2-3 and 4. It's my specialty." AKumi explained, then she looked at Yoruko, to see what he had to say.

[mft]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shortly after he had arrived the man he was familiar with introduced himself as Jomei, which struck another chord of recognition with him although he still couldn't figure out why precisely. Setting the thought aside he watched as the man began to search for something within his pocket. His peripheral vision picked up on a tabby cat strutting into their meeting area. Yoruko blinked for a few moments before finding himself almost taking a step toward it. Sending a verbal command for his body to stay still he realized that he really wanted to pet the cat. Biting the urge down as he noticed the red bandanna, his face didn't even so much as shift when the feline began speaking in the common tongue. He wondered instead of the cat was a summon animal, much like nin-dogs or nin-birds. This morning was plenty interesting already. Daizune- the cat's name- continued to speak giving them greater information than they previously had. So most of them were closer to the ground... An infiltration from above would be for the best then, as the security would increase as they went lower... He could work with that easily.

'So we need to infiltrate from above, and we also need to discover the cache's location... Which means interrogation on-site. Well... This might turn out a little disappointing. The Sharingan will make getting that information child's play.' He thought to himself, tuning back in to the conversation at hand. Jomei was a sniper, that made this mission even simpler. Reaching out for the headset, he turned his attention to Akumi. As it turns out she was an explosives expert. That made things a little interesting. Once they dealt with the cache... Well, the objective hadn't been clear on what to do with the cache once they got to it. Would they be destroying it or turning it back in to the Hidden Leaf? He donned the headset, remaining thoughtful for a moment. He turned to face the other two more directly than he had been, making sure the headset was secure he tucked his hair over it so that it would not be visible.

"I am skilled in stealth and specialize in genjutsu and ocular techniques. My Taijutsu and Ninjutsu are both exceptional for a Genin-level combatant. Being honest, I'd have to say I'm probably about Chuunin level in terms of taijutsu and ninjutsu. As you can both see I have the eyes of the Uchiha..." He paused for a moment, closing his eyes and actively directing his chakra to flow within them. He snapped open his eyes as they finished changing shape. A miniature eye-like shape in the center, the pupil disappearing entirely. Six arrow tips were placed symmetrically around the eye-like design, with six black tendrils reaching out from between the gaps in the arrow-tips. "Trained to the utmost extent. I too have mastered my bloodline." He spoke for a moment, allowing it to sink in for just a moment that he probably shouldn't still be a Genin. The fifteen year-old glanced back toward the tower, and began to lay out the foundation for a plan.

"Assuming there's nothing wrong with collapsing the building on top of them, I have an idea. I'll infiltrate from near the top of the building and make my way down. With my sharingan I can convince them- or torture them- into giving me information, then take on their guise and move down hopefully undetected toward the cache. Any of them that catch on I can put to sleep or eliminate. With Akumi's explosive skills she can come with me and set explosives at key points and Jomei can keep an eye out for her. Once I call out that I have the package, Akumi can detonate them and we can be out of the building before anyone is the wiser. Are there any revisions either of you would like to suggest?" He spoke, glancing between his two teammates. His eyes flicked between the two, listening and waiting for anything he may have missed out on.​

[MFT | WC: 677]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With a nod, Jomei was satisfied with the introductions of his junior squadmates and turned to observe their mission ahead. Of the two candidates, Akumi would play a vital role in countering whatever weaponry they might encounter while in the enemy’s territory, and Yoruko presented himself as a jack of all trades, expecting to take the point and intercept enemies. Jomei recalled a time where was as confident as candidate Murasaki, but the rigors of life had since leveled him out and restored his modesty. Jomei was listening with his arms folded as Yoruko went on to detail his strategy for the operation; it was similar to Jomei’s intentions, there was a certain recklessness to Yoruko’s iteration that troubled Jomei. “I don’t believe this operation is beyond the scope of our team, however, I’d like to remind you that teamwork is imperative in this situation... there will be weight behind your decisions.” His forewarning was more like honest caution that a presumption that Yoruko’s eagerness would cause a problem.

The orange tabby cat then made a meowing yawn, attracting the humans’ attention. He merely looked up at them all; Daizune had to think for a moment whether he had any additional information he could provide the shinobi. “Ah yes,” Daizune said, “Daizune knows that the roof is not well protected, but the access door is locked from the inside with a padlock. Daizune uses the ventilation system to navigate the building… it is good for Daizune. Cats very small. But less good for big humans.”

“Very well then” Jomei answered before drawing the bow from behind his back, along with a razor sharp arrow which shined under the sunlight. He then raised his weapon to a firing position, aimed at their target building. The musculature of his arms flexed as he pulled the high-tensile strength string back, and fired the single arrow with the speed and precision of rifle fire, but without the echoing crackle. As the arrow fled from him, a silver substance was airborne behind it, revealed to be flowing from Jomei’s wrist. The arrow was planted firmly against the wall of the access-point, and his silver web ran back to his grasp. Jomei the turned and fired another strand of the substance to the side of an abandoned radio tower behind him, and connected the two into one tense line. “I should also mention that I am a Hachiashi,” Jomei said, merely confirming the obvious. “My webbing has adhesive properties but hardens when exposed to the open air to near-steel strength. You two will be safe to zip line across; I even brought a few harness clips so you can zip safely.” He then handed the candidates black straps with belt clips meant to be clipped onto their belt loops, and onto his makeshift zip line. It was mostly safe.
Chuunin Exam said:
During this adventure, your actions will require die rolls to determine your odds for success, and the events I throw at you will mostly follow the same principle. The standard is 1d20, conducted on Discord. Please tag me @O-Kaji in the gaming channel when you make your rolls. Sometimes I will request you to make rolls during your turn, but you may perform your own checks for actions you attempt during your turn. Just ask me how to perform checks and I will guide you through, anytime.

During your next turns, please roll for your zip lining, and again for your attempts at breaking into the building through either entry options,
however you see fit to do-so.
<i>
</i>

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
So this was the start of the mission, Akumi was a bit nervous, she's been on missions before, but small errand types. This was testing all of her skills, it made her feel... exhilarated. Despite her nervous feeling, she looked as happy as could be.

Yoruko was skilled in well it seemed he was well rounded like an Uchiha should be. He would be able to cover her weak spots at least, explosions are not the stealthiest after all. She knew other Jutsu, just she preferred her explosions over them. So it was great to have someone who was well rounded on the team, his gen Jutsu will come in handy. It' could be like Jedi mind tricks at times. Gen Jutsu, she was better at escaping from it than casting it...

Akumi nodded to Jomei as he explained that this was a team effort, she hoped that Yoruko didn't really believe she needed to be carried through. She could pull her weight, and give back up when her teammates needed it. Though her ways were not very stealthy, but they got the job done. It's hard to make an explosion quiet after all. Small and precise explosions are less noticeable. She had a feeling she would not be able to demonstrate huge blasts. Oh well, small ones can do a lot of damage too.

Daizune mentioned the roof was less guarded... Made sense, no one expects an infiltration from the top of the building. Jomei shot a wire across to the top of the building, then to the tower behind them, making a zip line across. This was a little tense for her, she had never been on a zipline before. She didn't allow her nervousness show.

"Oh, you're a Hachiashi? I didn't take you as one." Akumi commented with a small laugh, she thought they had like multiple arms or looked like giant spiders.... "Welp lets get this started then." She stated, then she took the harness and buckled up, it wasn't hard to figure out.

Akumi was the first to go across the zip line, she hooked onto the line and pushed herself off. She was a bit wobbly during the ride, it didn't help it made her nearly drop, at least it felt like she nearly did. After she landed, she took off her harness and took a deep breath in. She was scared of that short trip, she'd rather not do that again.

After catching her breath, Akumi got to work, putting one of her hands into her clay pouch, she pulled it out moments later. Her hand was chewing up some clay, mixing her explosive chakra into it. She used both hands to form a butterfly out of it, then the Katsu seal to make it come to life. She directed it to the bolted door on the rooftop, heavy locks were not going to be picked, but if blasted at just the right angle, it would surely "Unlock".

The clay butterfly landed on the door, then crawled to the side where the hinges laid. With Akumi's command, silently whispered, the butterfly exploded. It wasn't a huge explosion, it was a precise one. It aimed at the hinges, it was strong enough to blast right through them. It did, of course, make some noise, she hoped no one would notice. Just in case, her hands started working on more clay pieces. Small but deadly, Ceramic Terrorism was the Jutsu name. She was preparing it, but she would keep it ready. Yoruko would probably take the lead, so she waited for him to go in first.

(Rolled 12 for the zip line 18 for the break in)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yoruko looked toward Jomei, as he appeared to be the first to respond to his idea, one arm resting on his hip. Jomei was stressing the importance of teamwork, something that Yoruko admittedly didn't have as much experience in as the man before him likely did. He appeared to be implying something but Yoruko ignored the implication for now, turning to face the cat which me-yawned. His eyes focused on the feline as it mentioned a ventilation shaft and a padlock. That would be useful information, the cat should probably join them.

"Daizune, you should probably come with us so we can get in more silently." The red-head suggested to the cat. His eye caught the older male drawing a bow, and aiming it... at the other building. Yoruko was curious but he saw chakra connected to the arrow, and watched as the shot was fired with a great deal of power. It seemed the man hit his intended target, and had the desired result of creating a zip-line, which he finished off by shooting nearby. He confirmed that he was a Hachiashi, which was something he wasn't altogether familiar with. So this zip-line was webbing that had the thickness of steel. He nodded his head to show that he understood, as Jomei pulled out a couple of black harnesses for them to use. Akumi went first, nervousness radiating off of her in waves but it was understandable.

'Alright, I'll head on this zip line then... We'll enter through the roof and sneak down.' He thought as he prepared himself to get on the zip line. He tugged on it slightly to ensure that it could take his weight. Seeing nothing wrong with it, he took his feet off the ground and began sliding across the line. He heard a sound of straining, almost as though the line were about to give. Looking up and behind him he saw the strands were beginning to snap rapidly. By the time he looked forward he heard the steel snap loudly and felt the security of the harness give out.

Three things sequentially transpired from the moment that rope snapped. First, Yoruko's right hand reached out for the rope, grasping it firmly. Next, he shot a glance toward the window in an attempt to see if he could spot any chakra signatures where he thought he might be landing. Unfortunately the glass acted as a mirror and prevented him from seeing anything noteworthy. Yoruko's arm gripped tightly on the rope with his other hand as he braced himself for impact with the glass. Just before the impact, if Jomei was looking closely he would spot what appeared to be a chakra construct of pure black ribs that shielded Yoruko from damage as he crashed through the window, and rolled along the ground, spinning around on his sides as the chakra construct faded. He shook his head and glanced at the ground. He saw some blood, which meant that he'd cut himself on some glass as he'd rolled. Cursing his bad luck, he found some cover and assessed himself while simultaneously touching his headset to activate it.

"'Thick as steel', eh?" He started, as he determined that he'd gotten cuts on his arms. He went through a couple hand signs to cast Coagulation to stem the bleeding. "Some light bleeding. Going to try and meet Akumi between here and the roof." He continued, keeping himself down low he flipped through several more hand signs, casting Chakra Sense to try and determine the number of enemies that were nearby. Of course things had to go wrong when they had a plan set up, and awkwardly enough it was somehow his fault.​

[3 for the Zip Line, 17 + 1 (chakra sense) for awareness (18 total))

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
And so, under Jomei’s vigilant watch, the two candidates were off to the races. A look of surprise from Akumi regarding the revelation from Jomei inspired a cheeky grin out him, and he’d say “that’s right, they never see me coming without those bulky extra arms.” Jomei then looped his bow back into the harness attached to his back and double-checked the rigging of Akumi’s harness while she prepared to set off. “Have a blast in there.”Akumi was first to become a leaf in the wind and was crossing without a hitch.

Meanwhile, Yoruko took a last moment to attempt recruiting Daizune for the adventure. “Daizune will have to pass human.” The tabby-cat shook his whiskered head. “Daizune’s work is finished unless the humans have five fish heads for payment.” The furball then swaggered away once he was sure Yoruko couldn’t cough up his fee.

Yoruko rigged himself up onto the zipline confidently after watching Akumi. He quickly set off to catch up with his teammate with a bold push off of the roof’s edge. Snap! Snap! Snap! The line unraveled, but timely handling by Yoruko let him grasp the webbing. “Uh oh... we’ve got a problem;” the sound of a nervous Jomei came through their radio comm-link, warning Akumi about crashing sound coming from the building’s side. “The lined popped… it looks you’re on the fifth floor, Yoruko. Are you ok?” A little smart talk came back in a fractured transmission as Yoruko confirmed that he was fine, only suffering a few scrapes. “Roger,” Jomei confirmed. He then used his enhanced wall-crawling to scale down the side of the parallel building where they met in order to gain a better vantage point of the ensuing calamity.

Once Akumi gained access through the ventilation shaft, she could see clearly down the crawl space, in which she’d fit with ease. The distance seemed to go down infinitely far into blackness, with multiple gaps which led to various floors. However, at the very bottom of the shaft was a sign of destruction, perhaps on the fourth or third floor, where the ventilation shaft had collapsed. It clearly wouldn't be safe, but was maneuverable for a girl her size if she handled the climb expertly enough. Coming through the radio, Jomei was opposite to the smashed window and tapped an enchanted badge which blanketed him with camouflage by manipulating his chakra. “Akumi, see if you can climb down and link with Yoruko on the fifth floor; Yoruko, what do you see?”

The five floor seemed mostly abandoned at first glance; a former office place in a dilapidated condition as if a combination of earthquakes and bombings had nearly destroyed the place. This used to be an office, with deconstructed cubicles filling the space. Large personal computers with hulking hard drives were fried with smashed screens. Some of the ceilings had collapsed, as well as partial cave-ins in the floors, creating holes and slopes leading to lower levels. Yoruko’s Sharingan and chakra sense did not reveal any guards or merchants on his floor, however, he could hear two voices coming faintly from the fourth floor, presumably around a corner. The sound of small mechanisms cocking echoed, guns if Yoruko recognized the sound. The two voices, one male, one female, began to stir as their boots began treading towards the slope that connected the fourth floor to the fifth. The probably heard the window smash.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'I made it down to the fifth floor...? I'll consider myself lucky if there are no enemies in the floors between Akumi and myself...' Yoruko thought to himself. Taking a short breath of relief as he realized no one was on the floor with him, he took a moment to realize just how ratty the building they were in truly was. Holes in the ceiling and ground made for multiple access points from one floor to the next. His analysis complete for the room, he realized that while no one was on this floor yet, he was aware of voices coming from one of the slopes. A metallic clicking could be heard distinctly. The red-head narrowed his eyes, he hadn't heard that click in recent memory, nor had he encountered the source to his knowledge before. Yoruko realized he needed to come up with a plan to deal with these two fairly quickly. Breathing softly, he flickered through several hand signs, finishing on the last one while whispering the name of the technique. "Night." His body emitted chakra that circulated throughout the air, decreasing visibility drastically. Due to his Sharingan, he'd memorized the placement of everything of use in this room, the ideal position for cover as well. He pulled his gloves tight onto his hands, ready to channel fire chakra into them at a moment's notice.

Remembering that he wasn't in a solo mission this time around he raised one hand to the headset for it to activate his mic and spoke into it softly, so that he wouldn't give his position away. "No hostiles on this floor, yet. Two incoming, nothing else important in this room." He spoke, his voice calm while on the inside he was ready to tear into this mission. With the two coming up, they would be unable to see anything, once he could confirm they were fully on this level he could determine what exactly that clicking was.​

[Nat 20 for Genjutsu: Night, 14 for Stealth check]

[MFT; WC:326]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
In the game of breaking an entering, you make plans, and then you stick to them until they unravel. It's never a matter of if, so much as when. And in the case of today’s mission into Sora-Ku, things were off to a rocky start. A crackling sound in their earpieces indicated that something was going wrong with their signal, as nothing but static came back when Jomei and Yoruko listened for Akumi’s transmissions.

Jomei was actively following Yoruko through from his sniping position now, crawling along the opposite building so nervously that he would have been a dead give away, if not for his camouflage. So far, Jomei was being more critical of himself as the proctor than of his candidates, who were at risk due to his failing equipment. Through the crackles, Yoruko foretold Jomei of the two tangos stalking along the fourth floor but relayed the information after already performing a hindering genjutsu. “Do not engage the enemy” Jomei warned Yoruko, but to no avail, as the deed had already been done.

The sound of panicking echoed through the dilapidated chamber, as both patrollers were afflicted with sudden blindness. They were each repeating the mantra “I’m blind” with fear in their screams. One of the two fired off gun rounds, creating ear-splitting popping sounds. Whizzing stray bullets shattered windows and forgotten computer screens. Between the two blinded henchmen, there was at least one radio which made loud beeps as they sent information to another location. The voice was quick to relay that there was a disturbance causing their sudden blindness and that all was not well at their location. Wiser minds on the other end of the radio call must have said something wise, as the first blinded henchmen began explaining genjutsu to the second, and the duo began to quickly work out how to release each other from Yoruko’s spell. It wasn’t going to take them very long.

The situation was becoming steadily harrier for Yoruko, who’d have to confront his instincts of fight or flight in this situation. The two patrolmen on the fourth floor were inexperienced to shinobi, but they were clearly aware of the genjutsu and trying to dispel it. They were clearly obtaining information from elsewhere; most likely the source of the communications jam which separated the Leaf shinobi. Around Yoruko there was a multitude of options, but not a lot of time to choose: he could rush the patrolmen while they were blinded, or attempt to pass them by stealthily. Numerous blockages on the fifth floor indicated that the slope was indeed the only path downward, and onward for their mission.

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The entrance to the vents has been open. Akumi gazed into the darkness and felt a shiver go up her spine. 'You don't think this place is haunted, Right?' She thought to herself, but she shook her head, ghosts weren't real, at least as far as she knew. It didn't take long for akumi to realize Yoruko did not make it across, she looked behind herself to see his line had snapped. That's bad luck, now they were separated. The last thing Akumi heard was to hike down to the fifth floor to meet up with her partner. It sounded like it'd be easier said than done.

Akumi nodded to herself, so she'd have to go for part of this alone, luckily, due to her small size, Akumi could fit into the vents, with room to spare. She doubted Yoruko could fit into them as well, he was huge, not fat, just twice her size. Times like this, she was glad she was tiny.

So Akumi climbed into the vents, quietly, and swiftly. The vents could easily carry noises but to no avail, there was no telling where they came from. Some of the vent openings AKumi spotted, she could see empty rooms. She could hear whispers still though, it must be just sound bouncing off of the vents walls.

As Akumi climbed down vent shafts, she realized her mic went silent. She hadn't heard from anyone yet, which was unusual. Someone had to have said something by now. It didn't take long for Akumi to hear gunfire, it echoed loudly through the vents. She winced and covered her ears for a moment, then looked around. Yoruko probably encountered some enemies, they probably were talking about it over the mic. So Akumi tapped her headset a few times. Was it broken? She took it off to take a look at it, She put it back on, and messed with it until she heard something. Soon enough she heard the very end of Jomei's sentence, so it was Yoruko after all. He said something about the enemy, too bad Akumi didn't hear the first part. She doubted he said to engage the enemy, this was stealth mission after all.

"Hello?" Akumi whispered into the mic, she wasn't sure if they heard her. "I'm still in the vents, I'm not sure what floor I am on yet." Akumi explained in a whisper, she didn't want to draw attention to herself after all. It was good to at least try to update the others.

These vents twisted and winded all around. It didn't take long for Akumi to realize that she didn't know where she was, or where she had been. The vents only seemed to get darker as she moved on. Soon enough Akumi slipped down a steep slip in the vents, leading to where the vents had collapsed. She stumbled right into the rubble, and into a tight space. She was still in a vent section, but it seemed to be beaten to all hell from the collapse. There was no way she could get back up into the ventilation system, it was too steep of a climb. She couldn't move forward because the vent section was cut off by damage, serrated metal, and rubble. The space was too tight even for her tiny self, she was stuck.

She looked for a way out, but it seemed like she'd have to make herself a hole. Luckily she had prepared Ceramic Terrorism, tiny little bombs, small, but they'd be able to help her get out of this. She shaped the clay into five little spiders, then poofed them to life. the spiders crawled out of the tiny holes in the vent and then formed a circle on the outside. Akumi made sure that she was out of the way for this tiny blast, but there wasn't much room to move too. "Katsu" she whispered, then the spiders poofed, tiny blasts only strong enough to make tiny holes in a circle. It wasn't enough to make the metal fall off, but it was enough to weaken the metal in that area.

Akumi kicked the blasting spot, and the metal opened up. the piece she kicked off was a rough circle, unfortunately, it was not perfect. The hole was big enough for her to fit through, but just barely. As she slipped through, some of the jagged metal caught her clothing, cause it to tear at some points. She was already covered in scraps and bruises from the fall, now her clothing was ripped. It made it look like she got into a fight. She wasn't really thinking much about her appearance, but she didn't like that some of her belly skin was showing.

Moving on, Akumi dusted herself off and took a look around, she was unsure of what floor she was on, but she could hear a commotion above herself. This building looked like it could collapse at any moment, well maybe not, but it did seem like it. Luckily Akumi came out in a room that didn't have any baddies in it, she made sure to take cover anyways. She looked around her surroundings, she could see the other building for here at least, maybe Jomei could see her? But if Yoruko was causing a commotion, then he was probably looking out for him at the moment.

"I am out of the vents, I can hear a commotion going on above myself." Akumi spoke into the headset quietly. Though it seemed like it didn't matter at this point if she whispered or not. People were running towards the commotion, how many, she couldn't tell. "It seems like the baddies on this floor are scrambling." She stated, though since she didn't know what floor she was on, she also didn't know if they were coming towards Yoruko.

[rolls: 20 for stealth, 5 for vents, 13 for headset check, 14 for jutsu]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yoruko cursed himself for having not spoken on the radio sooner, for if he had he would not have set the Genjutsu trap for the two that he had. But of course, there wasn't anything to be done about it now. As the two goons screamed about being blind Yoruko heard a sound that was eerily familiar, that caused him to flinch badly. His Sharingan eyes caught track of a couple of bullets but not nearly quickly enough to do anything about dodging them. He would need to avoid direct combat at all costs, with that in mind. He heard Akumi's voice which was good, it meant she was alright. She was traveling down the vents so perhaps part of their plan could be enacted after all. He would attempt to apologize to Jomei later for not reporting sooner. He was on a team now, he couldn't afford not to report his actions prior to doing them.

"Attempting to subdue both hostiles." He uttered into the radio silently, he moved closer to them as they attempted to work out how to release the genjutsu. His plan was simple, put the female between the two to sleep, and then interrogate the male. The redhead shinobi flashed through handsigns while he was still cloaked by the darkness and was immediately rewarded for his efforts by the sound of one of the enemies collapsing to the ground, heard audibly from his present location. Yoruko then glanced at the other guard who would likely freak out at the sound of his partner falling to the floor, and took this moment to launch a strike at their solar plexus, succeeding in stunning the man for just a moment. A moment was all he needed to grab the man by the scruff of his neck, and force him to look into Yoruko's eyes. Glowing violet eyes pierced the night as his previous, blinding genjutsu receded and revealed two Mangekyô Sharingan. Yoruko flooded the other man's chakra system with his own, conjuring up an illusion the likes of which could not be matched by anyone lacking the Sharingan.

The world around them became like a blank canvas, nigh-blinding white, nothing but the solid ground beneath the two of them gave rise to any idea of the dimensions of this room. Yoruko had the man splayed out across the ground, spread-eagle, although bound to the ground with wispy tendrils of darkness. "Greetings. Welcome to my world. I'll spare us both the introductions and leave you with a choice. Should you decide to be compliant I'll end this genjutsu immediately, and let you live. However, should you choose to resist..." Yoruko walked around the man as he spoke, if the man was paying attention he would notice a shadow growing in size underneath of the Leaf Shinobi, beginning to swallow up the floor in it's entirety. The man found himself being propped up by the shadow and bound to a solid black block, unable to move.

"I will do everything I can to make you scream." He warned, an icy tone lacing his voice as he looked at the man, blood leaking from those violet eyes as the sclera of Yoruko's eyes had switched from white to black, making for a truly ghoulish facial expression. Regardless of the man's compliance or not he would still proceed to torture him the same, just to be sure. He would push the man to the brink of breaking and pull back, allowing him to recover enough to push him back to his limits again, but careful not to break him completely. He would be lying if he didn't admit that he was enjoying the sound of the man's screams as he attempted to glean the information they required. It was a measured way of being sure to get the information he needed, when Yoruko was sure he had the information he needed, or as much as the man was privy to, he released the genjutsu, throwing the man to the other side of the room after removing the radio from his person, should he be the one carrying it. He glanced to the sleeping woman, and then conveyed whatever information he had gleaned from the man over their headset in a soft tone.​

[Rolls: 20 for Temple of Nirvana (Mastered), 13 for Critical Exposure (Mastered), (15 / 100 for suppression), 17 for Tsukiyomi vs 10 Resist]
[mft|WC: 711]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With Akumi’s position unknown but not in immediate danger, Jomei focused on Yoruko first, who was under attack. However, if Akumi heard the commotion it was most-likely gunfire, and if it came from above— she was undoubtedly on the third floor, given she was able to hear it at all. The room Akumi landed in resembled a large workshop with several stations, and machinery left settled around the room, There were countless latched crates of various size, and double doors on two sides of the room. Low fluorescent lighting was flickering but illuminated the fact that the room was near the center of the building— with no windows or even security within. She was alone there. The sound of the commotion came from beyond two of those doors as a squad of soldiers was noticed crossing the small windows in those doors. Stenciled graffiti on the wall read WORKSHOP 3B. “What do you see?” Jomei asked her desperately.

The smaller of the two armed thugs fell flat immediately, victimized by Yoruko’s Temple of Nirvana. But, the second of the two unfortunate souls was experiencing a horrific illusion. His brain was quickly turning into sponge cake against the trauma being caused by Tsukuyomi. By the time the illusionist was engaging with his intimidation strategy, blood was trickling from every orifice available. On the cueing word scream, the captured victim let out a long howl. He then raced to tell what little information he knew, which amounted to nothing of use. “Control: they got Amachi! Alpha squad is engaging on the fourth floor.” A voice shouted across the walkie-talking mounted on the thug’s him, loud and clear for both Yoruko and his allies to hear. His weapon was laying at his feet: not quite the type of gun seen floating around the village, or… ever. It was huge, about rifle-sized, and housed a loading cartridge made to hold ammunition a bit larger, and more aggressive than standard bullets.

But before Yoruko could ask more specific questions, his victim was seizing and the sound of multiple boots rushing around a corner of the long corridor to his right. A small squad of troops emerged; they wore body armor and gas masks and trotted similar firearms to the ones dropped on the floor by the first captured troops. The trio began firing high energy shuriken in a triplicated Zero Point Assault. An assault of spinning blades reigned on Yoruko, fired in an onslaught of steel delivered like speeding bullets. Suddenly, one of Jomei’s arrows shot through the window and found the chest of one guard with a lethal shot that took the soldier off his feet. A smoke-bomb attached to the tail of the arrow was triggered, filling their end of the corridor with their thick plumes of smoke.

Back on the third floor, Akumi would only find a moment to survey her surroundings before two shrouded figures entered through the opposite double-doors. First came what looked like an elderly man with pale skin, graying blue hair, a scowl, and a white lab coat with a pale blue sweater underneath. He shambled along, moving along in khaki slacks and loafer, speaking privately with a domineering man who followed him. The large one who came with him towered over him stature-wise, wore the standard combat garb, and some huge contraption strapped to his back. The duo was hurrying and appeared to be in an argument so involved that they hadn’t notice Akumi yet.

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It wasn't long before Akumi got a reply, she took a sigh of relief. What did she see? She took a glance around, it was murky room, full of crates. "Workshop 3B." She read out loud into the comms. She noticed the crates, then jiggled one of the locks that were on a crate. "I see crates, dusty machines, and some workstations. I see two sets of double doors on either side of the room. No windows or security on the inside." She explained quietly. She could see there was a rush outside the doors through the windows, even if she spoke normally they probably wouldn't hear her, but she didn't want to risk it.

Hearing a noise, Akumi quickly ducked under cover of a machine, and some crates. Due to her small frame, it didn't take much to hide for her, but she was starting to feel a little slow, mostly because of her fall, she was sore. Despite that, she made it under cover without a peep.

Once she was in hiding, Akumi took a glimpse at the people who entered, and old guy, and a giant. She took note that the giant was probably military, the old dude looked like some kind of researcher. They were arguing, so she took this chance to update Jomei. "Two hostiles entered the room, one of them seems to be a researcher, the other looks like a military grunt, big, with some machinery with him, I assume it's a weapon." She whispered into the headset, quickly.

The researcher seemed to be quite peeved, probably because of what was going on upstairs. She would take this moment to gather intel and listen in to their argument.

[rolled 17 for stealth., mft]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would seem that the person whom he had chosen to interrogate had been rather more frail of mind than he would have assumed, as the man screamed easily. As his ultimate genjutsu came to a close with no useful information he frowned, hearing chatter over the radio... Akumi was in a 'Workshop 3B', was it possible that she was on the third floor? Hearing footsteps, Yoruko directed his attention toward one of the entrances of the room, and was able to see them before they came up; three non-shinobi entering the room, turning to face him. In an instant, they pointed their bizarre weapons in his direction, pulling the trigger. Yoruko saw the projectiles coming at him in real time speed in spite of his eyes' ability to increase his perception. Even with that being the case, he was able to avoid most of the fire, projectiles in the form of energized shuriken lashing out at him as he danced his way into cover. Jomei seemed to have his back, as he witnessed an arrow coming down. The arrow crashed into one of the henchmen, seeming to kill him immediately. The smoke bomb exploded after, giving Yoruko an advantage he would be all to happy to use.

The red-headed shinobi flashed through several hand signs and in a tuft of smoke summoned up a physical duplicate of himself, although he'd screwed up the technique, and had caused the clone to be a bit darker skinned, with rose pink hair. With no specific element to speak of this clone would be utilizing hand-to-hand combat to engage the targets. Running in the clone sent a punch toward one of the shuriken-launching foes and in the smoke landed a hit on the man's arm, not a very hard one as it nearly glanced off due to a blind swing. Yoruko allowed his clone to do as it had been instructed. "Sending in a clone to act as decoy, hopefully it'll take care of them before the smoke clears, requesting permission to head to the third floor and meet with Akumi before continuing the mission." He spoke, waiting for an answer. If he was given the go ahead he would stick to the shadows and find the closest exit. If he was told to stay and finish the enemies here, then he would wait in the shadows for now, creeping closer whilst keeping out of site from the enemies' line of fire.​

[15 for doj, 9 for No Element E-Clone, 17 for Stealth, 8 for taijutsu strike via clone]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It appeared that stealth and deception were working in favor for the chuunin candidates, who found success in their efforts to hide and confuse their enemies. Against an unknown number of enemies, in an uncharted space, moving through the shadows served their mission best.

For Yoruko, his clone deception bought him critical time, but would only last so long as more reinforcements were inbound. Jomei covered the clone’s efforts from outside, firing blindly into the smoke to suppress the strike team’s advancement. The window panes shattered, and the smokescreen began to leak out. The bandits turned onto Jomei, firing their weapons outside while more of them engaged in close quarters combat with the clone. Against mere bandits, the clone was capable of providing an adequate challenge, at least long enough to buy Yoruko time to escape.

If Yoruko ran the opposite direction through the corridor on the fourth floor, he’d eventually come across an open elevator shaft. Upon further inspection, he would find that the elevator itself was destroyed on the ground floor, and the pulley cables were gone. This could serve as a suitable means to reach the third floor, though. In the meantime, Jomei was busy in a fire-fight from the fourth floor and took shelter within the opposite building as a barrage of constant fire pinned him down.

“This is your problem too, Riku” down in Workshop 3B, a bit of an argument was transpiring between the burly man and the old scientist, which was apparently known as Riku. The big man was irate and tossed one of the crates with his rage, but the old scientist didn’t seem to care and turned his back to the whole matter at hand. “N-no, you paid me the arcadianite cache to build your weapons, so I built them…” he then belched rudely before continuing, saying “that was the deal, Waotaka. ‘I didn’t say anything about helping deal with a bunch of shinobi raiding the place. Sometimes that’s just the price of doing business.” The old scientist then revealed some kind of strange device from his lab coat, pointed it, and created a large green vortex: a portal. “Deal with them yourselves. You have your weapons, so use them… There’s someone hiding over there, start with her; but I’m outta’ here.” The blue-haired man of science then stepped into the vortex, and vanished, along with the bright green light.

“Who’s in here?!” The enraged Waotaka turned in Akumi’s general direction and cranked the device on his shoulders, causing three senbon needles to fire aimlessly with enough power to punch holes through whatever they hit; none were close enough to threaten Akumi, though.

With their overwatch under fire, the candidates were left to their own decisions. It seemed obvious that Akumi was in the store room where the weapon’s cache was kept, making it the prime location to plant her explosives, however, Waotaka was only a few paces away from finding her, and riddling her full of senbon-shaped bullets.

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Things seemed to get hairy as AKumi listened to the argument, the old man seemed to not care about his client's situation. Though she found the conversation intriguing as it went on.

Akumi was glad to hear Yoruko would be on his way down, hopefully, enemies wouldn't follow him, the last thing they needed was this room to fill up. It would be a problem, she trusted he had it covered though.

As the argument went on, the old dude eventually left, using some sort of weird device. Akumi didn't know a thing like that even existed... She knew maybe a Jutsu could do that though. But before he left, he told the giant that she was in here, well he said somebody is in here, Akumi frowned and ducked her head back under cover, the giant almost instantly started tossing things searching for her.

"The old dude, Named Riku, gave out my presence. He's gone, but the giant, Waotaka, is searching for me now." Akumi stated quickly and quietly into the comms. "I'll refrain from engaging." She explained, but if he found her, she might have to engage in combat. Which was no problem for her, though she wasn't sure what kind of weapon the giant had, she wasn't going to underestimate him just because he wasn't a ninja.

Akumi knew she was still safe in her location, but it wouldn't be long for the giant to find her. If she has too... she could play into her smallness and explosive power. Maybe she'd get lucky, and he would underestimate her. Or assume she is a lost child, either way, it would play into her hand. For now, she stayed in the shadows and watched the man toss crates, in search of her. She wanted to wait here for Yoruko, he knew where she was, if she moved, it could cause further separation.

Akumi was very well hidden, probably the best hiding she has ever done. Staying in the shadows, Akumi prepared her explosives, chewing claw in the palm of her mouth hands, The first thing she wanted was a mount, so she could move faster to set the bombs into place, she chewed the clay, while moving, then attempted to sculpt the clay. Unfortunately, it was just not working at all. The clay failed, and just did not do a poof, on another count, the sculpture was... Messy. Due to her moving around, she failed, and so she had to scrap the clay.

Luckily for her, she was still hidden, but constantly moving inside the room, to avoid the man raging. She now tried to create her other Jutsu Ceramic Terrorism, five small, but powerful bombs to put in key locations. This seemed to be in the center of the building, so she would need to place the bombs on supports. This building was already falling apart, all she needed to do was give it a nudge. Something was off again though, as the clay just would not shape. She was nervous, and now getting a bit frustrated.

Hopefully, she could keep her cool for just a bit longer, she started to blame that stupid Lab coat grandpa, if he hadn't given out her location, then she wouldn't have to move so much. She was failing at the one thing she did good, it was pissing her off to no extent.

AKumi tried Banzai Bomber again, chewing the clay then trying to mold it. This time... it failed. The clay was mush, she inserted too much chakra, and it seemed her mouth hands was creating too much saliva. Her frustration was making it only harder.

Akumi wiped her hands, and took a deep breath, she needed to calm down if she wanted to get this done. Luckily the man had not noticed her, yet. She had a little bit of time to try again.

Akumi attempted Banzai Bomber again, this time, it was nearly perfect, it was pretty much perfect. She sculpture was a tiger, or a cheetah, maybe a mix? it was hard to tell since it didn't have color. Pluss a cat was the easiest thing for her sculpt while moving around. She made the hand seals to bring it to life, then she quickly started working on the jutsu, Ceramic Terrorism.

Akumi stayed hidden while creating the five bombs, with near perfection this time. These sculptures were grasshoppers, so they could stick easily, and be out of sight.

AKumi mounted her Tiger Cheetah and had it dash quickly, still trying to stay out of sight. It was only a little bigger than her after all, maybe enough room to fit Yoruko if he ran into her. On her mount, she dashed through the room, placing the small, but powerful explosives onto the support beams.

After that, Akumi dashed out of the room, hopefully, Yoruko would see her quickly. "Bombs are in place, I'm ready to light this candle." She updated her teammates, hopefully they would never know about her screwups, they would stay a secret. Her mind only.

[rolled 20 for stealth, Banzai Bomber attempt 1 (2), Ceramic Terrorism attempt 1 (3), Banzai Bomber attempt 2 (3), Banzai Bomber attempt 3 (18), Ceramic Terrorism attempt 2 (19) ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed the red haired shinobi's plan had worked out, as he'd managed to stay undetected while his clone went in to act as a distraction. He heard footsteps as yet more soldiers were coming. How many soldiers were in this building entirely? Had this been a solo mission he would've enjoyed toying with them, using his Susano'o and the like, however he not only had an objective, he had teammates to keep an eye out for. It was when he noticed that they directed their attention toward Jomei that he realized he wouldn't be getting an answer from their comrade. The violet-eyed male narrowed his eyes, covering a portion of their unique design before flipping through handsigns, and attempted to cast a genjutsu to help Jomei and give him some cover. He felt no connection to his enemy with the genjutsu however, and realized that he'd made a mistake. In his irritation he flashed through the hand signs too quickly and skipped one, resulting in a waste of chakra and nothing happening.

Yoruko gritted his teeth in annoyance. He'd failed at his specialization twice in a row, at the very least it wasn't his bloodline technique but that was of little consolation to the male. A soft sigh and a few hand signs later, and he was able to create a monstrous minotaur, as tall as the room wielding a massive axe. The monster let out a bestial roar as it charged at one of the men and swung, missing or just barely clipping one of the men. Rearing up it's axe, the creature swung wide, clipping one for sure but nothing terribly damaging. The clone on the other hand was going all out, punching one man in the gut before snapping his neck, then switching over to a new target, who foresaw it's move and dodged a roundhouse kick. The Yoru-clone continued it's attack however, flowing into a reverse back-kick which landed firmly on his opponent's chest. The clone then spun into a palm strike, rendering the man unconscious.

While this was going on, Yoruko had made his way down to the fourth floor, and found the elevator shaft, lacking it's pulley. Yoruko noticed that the elevator had apparently crashed to the ground floor. He wondered what whether the elevator cord had snapped by accident or deliberately. In either case, it would be a simple matter to walk on the wall to get to the third floor. Taking a deep breath he stepped over the ledge and allowed his weight to pull him down, pressing his foot onto the wall and applying chakra to stick his foot to it. One step after another, he made his way down toward the third floor. As he did so he flipped through some hand-signs to try and find Akumi but was unable to do so, his jutsu failing him again. He frowned in irritation, before he heard Akumi's voice over the headset... and closer than that, it sounded as though she may be nearby. He flipped out of the elevator shaft and onto the third floor, glancing around and trying to find her. He heard footsteps, and looked for Akumi but still was unable to see her. "Akumi, I'm at the elevator shaft. Did you get the info we needed by any chance?" He inquired, his voice remaining low on the radio. He readied his chakra, as he figured they'd probably beat a hasty retreat when Akumi got to him.​

[mft|wc; 579]
[7 Night Mare Genjutsu[1], 2 Night Mare Genjutsu [2], 18 Night Mare Genjutsu [3], 7 Night Mare attacks [1], 9 Night Mare attacks [2], Clone attacks 5x [15, 13, 2, 14, 13], 4 Chakra Sense, 8 attempt to find Akumi]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back