Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Survival lessons - Class for Students/Genin

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This class will have Isaki Kushin teaching anyone who's willing to listen on the types of techniques they need to focus on during the early years of development into shinobi life. Kushin has found that the genin he's met don't have an understanding of what is useful and is going to attempt to correct what he perceives as an investment issue into those shinobi's future.

A class with the medical Sennin, he hoped that people would come if only for that let alone the parting of knowledge which would take place in this room. This was the first time he'd taken a class since becoming the Sennin and knew that his persona didn't often attract people to him. Yet he was a hard working man, and he knew what he knew through study and through experience.

Keiji was his first true understudy. The boy had come to him and when on their first mission together he'd found the boy had been useful only due to his bloodline. An accident, nothing more. Everything the boy had learned at the academy would have proven useless and would simply have gotten the boy killed. That was what Kushin was here to stop.

The classroom was in one of the multiple dojo training halls in the academy. Kushin had had to gain permission from the headmaster to take a class, as he wasn't under the mans direct employ and thus had no true authority here. Of course that was a pretense and something Kushin could have ignored, he was a Sennin. Yet despite that it was always best to just go with how people wanted things done.

The dojo was large enough for practices with ninjutsu, having several targets around the place as well. The floor had been sanded and was earthy, so it was solid enough to take an impact, and meant that no floorboards would need to be smashed in the process of using earth jutsu.

Kushin wandered around the room brushing his hand across the wall at parts where there were signs of potential weakness which would need to be replaced due to stresses caused by jutsu. Every now and then he'd see names carved into the wood, some he recognized, others which he didn't. It was an interesting place when one looked at the finer details.

Eji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Slipping in a very low key and silent manner, a small slightly unnoticeable boy walked into the class room only to notice that he was the first to arrive.

Starring at the sensei for a second, the Ghost Clansman wondered for a second just how powerful this man might be. Though his curiosity soon settled down as he quickly bowed and spoke the same old greeting that he had been taught by a previous sensei. Nothing more than a reactionary greeting to the teacher of the lesson. After preforming the same old ritual preformed by him and everyone else that would follow, the boy took a seat and waited silently for the lesson to start just like he had been taught to do. So boring. I wonder how long this one is going to drone on about how I should act and the proper way to be the most boring, stuck up shinobi possible. Then again this is a survival class. Maybe he'll teach us how to not die from him droning on about not dieing. I can see it now. This is how you pitch a tent. This is a poison mushroom. Eat it if you don't want to hear my voice anymore.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Topic Entered]

The trip back to the academy felt slightly strange, it was the first time that Masaru had been back since he reached Genin status. Even though it had not been long the subtle differences in the corridors almost made him feel as if he was back on his first day, only this time he didn’t have the apprehension of not knowing what to expect. As he approached the door he wondered what kind of skills and techniques they would be exposed to in this lesson, survival was something which hadn’t had much of a focus when he was a student but obviously someone had seen this gap in a new shinobi’s skill set and decided to fill it.

Masaru gently pushed the classroom door open to see another student and a man who he presumed was their teacher already waiting, he closed the door behind him and turned to bow to the man, ”Good morning Sensei.”<i></i> He said before continuing further into the room and giving the other young boy a courteous nod before taking a seat in front of him. Masaru had learnt from his time in the academy that trying to sit comfortably on these seats with a katana on your belt was almost impossible, he grabbed his weapon by the top of the saya and pulled it out of his belt before placing it on his lap.

As Masaru waited for the rest of the class to arrive he wondered how many of his colleagues today would be students and how many, like him, had already been through the academy and were returning to try to build upon the fundamentals they had already learnt. This was a good opportunity for him to see how the latest students were shaping up and to get an idea of who he may find himself working with to complete missions in the future.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Nanashi200041-1_zpsb46746f5.jpg

Tsubaki Kazuma [Dnpc]

This would be Kazuma’s first class. It was a survival class, something that is worth his time. This would also be Kazuma’s first visit to the academy. It was big and beautiful, but Kazuma was blind so he could not see the beauty. Shimete, his personal servant, guides him by the hand down the halls to the place where the class was being held. As he steps across the threshold his bare feet feels the sand. This was quite obviously not an ordinary classroom. He places a hand on the wooden door frame. He could feel something carved into it. As his hand carefully traces the inscription, he could tell that it is was a name and not just one. Previous students perhaps?

Kazuma wondered just how big this room was. Of course he could just ask shimete but he can get an estimate on its own. He pulls out a fish shaped pendant out from under his shirt. The fish had nine holes in it and Kazuma places his mouth on its top fin. The pendant was an ocarina, a type of flute. He plays a single note. “The acoustics are too bad. Sounds like a decently sized room.” Shimete then guides him to where the teacher stood so he may do a proper greeting, “good morning sensei. My name is Tsubaki Kazuma and this is my servant Shimete.” They both give a polite bow

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It'd been quite a while since her last class, and much had changed. Hikari was now entrusted with more authority than most genin could hope for, at such an early point in her career. Still, arrogance kills, so she trotted into the academy, along with all the fresh faced students. As she entered the room, she looked about for familiar faces, and wondered if she'd find the Medical sennin as creepy as she had the last time they'd met. He was not hard to spot among the smattering of youths, not that he was likely to be difficult to spot anywhere, unless he wanted to hide his presence. Brightly colored hair tended to stand out, as she well knew. Hikari bowed politely, and said "Hello again, Isikai sama. I hope you've been well since our last meeting."

After the greeting, she would turn and wave at Eiji, one of the boys she'd met in her first days at the academy, then remove her self from the midst of the group and watch them. One boy sat with a katana in his lap, another boy, blind folded, seemed to be guided by a young girl. Hikari didn't know what to think of that, except that they made a strange pair.

Content as she was at the edge of the group, Hikari then decided to mingle just a bit before class started. She'd already waved to Eiji, and knew she'd likely catch up with him later, with questions about what happened, and where he'd gone. It'd been a while since she had seen him, after all, but before that, she greeted the youth who held the katana. "Hello," She inclined her head, "I am Tanaka Hikari, it's good to see that I'm not the only genin here." The red haired girl grinned quirkily, "May I ask your name?"

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Okay, I'm going to be posting every 48 hours if everyone who's part of the class hasn't already posted, and as soon as I notice that that everyone has posted if you all post before that deadline. Because of this there is no posting order, indeed if I haven't posted then you can go ahead and post twice responding to each other and such if you like.

If you're wanting to join and this post is already up then feel free to do so and arrive a little late. No-one will mind.

It was the sound of a young male voice which first told him he had students. He had been busy studying the dojo and checking it for whatever he could find. He turned to find a number of youths in the process of entering and taking their seats. The one who had first spoken stood again before silently finding himself a seat. Kushin began making his way towards where they were all gathering. Two introduced themselves, well, one introduced the pair. He nodded accepting the introduction and one last member entered. He recognized the girl and nodded accepting her greeting as well. She was the only one of the group who then made her way to another of the group and began mingling.

Students were fascinating.

As you'll all be aware, if you have any knowledge of the leaders of Kumogakure, my name is Isaki Kushin, one of the three Sennin of Cloud and the head of the medical branch. He began I don't rightly care who any of you are, however today you will all be my students and I will identify you as such. And his typical trouble with politeness and being friendly continued.

I want you all to stand up and get in a line against the wall over there. He pointed to one of the walls which ran the length of the dojo Once you're in a line the person at the front will move forward to the middle of the dojo and perform each and every single jutsu they know aimed towards the targets. Once they have performed all of that they will walk over to the far wall and watch the remaining class members performing their jutsu. This does not include any clan jutsu.

Move there now. Kushin watched at the group would move, whether hesitantly or with pride he didn't care. If they gave him dirty looks he'd had dirtier and by people who could actually give him a run for his money.

Once they were in a line and he gestured for the first to move forward he spoke again Your accuracy and level of destruction is not what is being taken into consideration here. If you know no jutsu you will not be judged poorly for in the end that is not your fault, and sometimes that is better than knowing the wrong jutsu.

He looked at the first one who had made their way to the middle of the dojo Begin.
OOC said:
Just do as has been instructed. The first person to post is the person who was at the front of the line, the second is the second person in the line, so on and so on.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kazuma and Shimete’s was first in the line up. They decided to go together and they walked to the center of the dojo. There moves were synchronized; they mirrored each other well. They bow to the dummy and go into a fighting stance. Legs open wide with bodies facing each other. Left arm lowered and right armed raise; the reverse for the other. If nothing else they would show excellent teamwork. “Routine number 5.”

“Yes master.” They take a step on either side of the dummy and their raise arm swings down with a fist socking the dummy in the diaphragm. As the one arm goes down the other goes up to prepare for the next attack.

“ROCK!”

They pivot around on their advanced foot and jabs the dummy in the kidneys.

“PAPER!”

They pivot back and both poke the dummy in the eyes. One pair of fingers below the other.

“SCISSORS!”

They then both do a low sweep coming from each side of the dummy.

“SHOE!”

That was the extent of their jutsu knowledge. Other routines were just variation of this with targeting different areas of the body in different orders. Hopefully the teacher did not mind the fact that they went together rather than separately.

[ooc: Purple is for them talking in unison.]

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A few more students made their way into the class and greeted the teacher who returned each greeting with a nod. Masaru wasn’t really paying much attention to them at the moment and instead looked around the classroom, ”Hello” He turned his head to see a girl with distinctively red and unruly hair, as she continued to introduce herself Masaru stood up and pushed his katana back into his belt. ”Nice to meet you Tanaka-san.”<i></i> He said as he bowed his head, ”I am Miyamoto Masaru of the Nanjirou clan. I was wondering if there’d be any other Genin here myself.”<i></i>

Before their conversation could continue any further the teacher addressed the students, introducing himself and then giving them their first set of instructions. As the students formed up Masaru found himself second in the line, ’Every single one of my jutsu, except clan jutsu...hmm’<i></i> He thought to himself as the first pair finished their routine and he made is way out into the center of the dojo.

Masaru’s eyes darted across each of the targets for a second as he quickly decided which ones he would hit and how he would move between them; after the second had elapsed he pushed off with his right foot and used his innate speed to propel himself towards a small group of dummies in front of him. Just before he reached the first dummy he brought his hands together and strung together a series of seals, his left hand became alive with purple electrical energy and he quickly thrust it into the targets midriff dispersing all of the charge into the dummy.

As he passed by the dummy his right hand reached across and drew his sword into a quick double slash against the next one. He stopped himself just behind the target and swivelled around on the spot – thrusting his sword into the back of the dummy. Masaru moved around the arena with an intricate display of footwork striking any target that he passed close enough to, he looked over to his left to see a group of three dummies placed close together before darting straight into the middle of them.

He struck one of the targets with another pair of quick slashes before swinging his blade high above his head in a circular motion, clipping all three of the dummies. After taking a moment to plant his feet Masaru singled out one of the dummies and burst towards it delivering one final diagonal slash before straightening himself up and sliding his blade back into the sheath.

Masaru turned towards the teacher and bowed, ”I regret that this is all the jutsu I can demonstrate without a sparring partner, Sensei.”<i></i> he said before walking over to the far wall as instructed and waiting for the other students to have their go.
[spoilername="Jutsu used"]In order of appearance:
Thunderstruck - Mastered
Cross Rip - Mastered
Crimson Flash - Rank 1
Lunar Steps - Mastered
Dynamic Slash - Mastered
Full Circle - Rank 1
Blade Trail - Mastered[/spoilername]

Eji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching the others preform jutsu or simply make a show and waste time, the small boy got up and wandered over to the wall like he was told and waited for his turn. The mere thought that he didn't have a single jutsu didn't really keep him from planning what he was going to do. Once the sword swinging genin was finished, the boy simply smiled and said, "I don't know any jutsu. All this academy has made me do is learn how to meditate, teach me to be polite in extreme detail, and other nonsensical things that will just get me killed on the field of battle. I mean, I can act out dieing if you want me to, but I'll just pass."

W/C 124

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari returned the politeness with another bow, ‘Good to meet you, as well, Miyamoto san.” She smiled, thinking that the level of formality was a little high here. Before she could mention hat, Isikai started speaking, Introducing himself and giving their first instructions. They were to line up and watch each other as they performed every jutsu they knew. Hikari sighed. And rolled her shoulders, ready to make a performance. First, however, the pair of students and Miyamoto, and Eiji had to go, as they had reached the line before she had strolled into it.

The two students together performed as a team. They seemed to be well coordinated with each other, but Hikari saw their inseparability and frowned. Each student should learn to fight independently, in spite of their handicaps. It would be essential if ever their team mate was injured or killed in the line of battle.

Next came Miyamoto, who did step things up a bit with the lightning jutsu, then his sword work. At this, he replaced his sword into his sheath and said that this was it, without a partner. Hikari shrugged and wondered what he knew that he couldn’t use on a dummy.

Then Eiji took his turn, saying he didn't know any jutsu, only how to meditate, be polite, and die. She shook her head. “Eiji, you need to do more than attend classes if you want to excel.” She said as kindly as possible, “Study on your own if your teachers are failing you.” It’d worked for Hikari. She’d been taught the basics, but in the end, her growth as a kunoichi had been left to her. “Besides, knowing how not to offend, can greatly decrease the likelihood of you dying off the battle field.”

At this, Hikari was up. She quickly formed the symbols for transformation, turning her hair black and straight, and changing her face so that it was softer. She then sent a white bolt of lightning at one of the targets. Next, she used thundefist, transferring the energy into her hammer, however, rather than her fists. She moved forward and used that in combination with a smash to the nearest dummy. She once again, sheathed her weapon, then allowed the transformation to drop, and showed her Chameleon genjutsu, mimicking Isikai’s appearance for a moment, before dropping it, and performing a thunderclap, hitting each of the dummies, and scorching their middles. “Almost done with lightning.” She murmured, as she used electrocution. Which would probably have been more impressive on a person rather than a dummy. Electroshock as well. Dummies just didn't react to the channeled electricity, the way a human would.

Then, she pulled out her hammer again. “I have two other jutsu, summoning and body switch, that aren't readily demonstrated.” She said, then flung herself into her taijutsus. It was probably a very good thing that the dummies they used were durable. She demonstrated pound, then used that as a lead into a seven hit combo, from which she transitioned smoothly into Concrete blast, and finally, she busted the head piece on the dummy.

She finished smoothly and replaced her weapon in its sheath, then turned to walk back to the line. That felt a bit showy, She thought. Oh well. She grinned. “Oh,” Hikari turned to the boy she’d spoken to earlier, “Miyamoto-san. If our sensei requires, I am willing to serve as your sparring partner.”

[mft-570]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Awesome guys, loving the speed of your replies!

The first up were... two people. Didn't he say one at a time? He sighed and shook his head a little making a mental note in his head, this pair are effectively to be treated as one and don't follow orders accurately. They moved as a team which was good to see, but typically in the useless method that he suspected would be displayed before him.

Offense.

He nodded and gestured to move on. His voice calling for the next.

The next one looked at the dummies. Perfect, the bait was being taken and the boy went about attacking them. He used lightning and his sword in a combination of useless attacks which certainly did damage to the dummies, but would prove quite pointless in future. Assuming he would ever live to reach Kushin's age, which with those techniques and the attitude to focus on attacks was unlikely. The boy apologized that without a partner that was all he could demonstrate. Kushin wondered if he had some defensive techniques and didn't feel like he could display them without someone attacking him. He'd leave this one in a grey area.

He nodded and gestured to move on. His voice calling for the next.

The next was a boy who said he didn't know any jutsu, that the academy had taught him nothing to survive with. The last of the class spoke out saying he needed to study on his own if the teachers were failing him. Yet then Kushin replied, From what I can tell so far you're not the only one who hasn't been taught anything which will stop you being killed on a battlefield. Head over there. Your turn.

The girl he had recognized from a previous time's turn.

Ah, yes, good, so that boy probably also had body switch.

Okay, all come back to the middle now. He waited for them to do so Now, you all showed me some... pathetic techniques. Now, I don't mean to insult you by saying this, but in the end when you take on missions those techniques will only be useful against non-chakra users. You might trouble a trained member of the Shogun's guard one on one for example. You have abilities they wish they were capable of using, that includes you. That last point was at the boy who knew no techniques.

Those people aren't the ones who are going to threaten your lives anyway. You'll almost always be paired up with a Chuunin for any combat missions who will be able to handle anyone who might be beyond you in that regard. The issue comes in when you're taking on an enemy shinobi. The reason this is an issue is because of this.

Kushin formed seals in a single hand then pointed it towards one of the dummies, a burst of lightning of about B-Rank level shot out and destroyed a dummy. You see, that was a mid range lightning technique, one I'm sure you'll learn later on, and it's so much more damaging that low level jutsu that it makes them redundant. No, it's not offensive techniques you should be learning at this time, at least not without defensive or strategically.

Body switch is a good first step, obviously allows you to dodge a low level attack. However you need to use clones, transformation techniques and barriers. Can any of you name some techniques which are like this in the low levels?
OOC said:
Again, no post order, just have your character raise their hand and be pointed at as they come up with answers.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kazuma did not take offence to his comment of there fighting being pathetic. He just thinks to himself, no shit Sherlock why do you think I came to the academy for. If I can perform killing moves I would not be here. Kazuma then jumps when he hears lightning strike a dummy. The smell of charred wood suggested that he did not hit a student, thank god.

Shimete on the other hand was a little miffed that she could not perform all her jutsus. The Tsubaki clan taught the both of them taijutsu. For Kazuma that is all he knows, but Shimete also learned some techniques taught to her from books. The books she read taught her how to manipulate one’s perceptions; however such jutsus does not work on dummies and are unlikely to work against stronger willed opponents. She believes that such jutsus could lead to a cure to her master’s blindness. Kazuma was not born blind, so he can form images in his head. With genjutsu she will allow him to see with her eyes.

When the teacher mentions defensive techniques Kazuma could not think of a single one. The teacher also mentions two jutsus that did not sound likely for him to cast well. It’s kind of hard to transform into something when your blind and clone might be just as difficult. If they were going to practice body switching he hoped he can hear the attack coming.

Shimete had two jutsu to add to the teachers list; one a visual genjutsu that works like transformation and the other an audial genjutsu that aids transformation. “I know two that I was not able to use on the dummies; Chameleon and Mimic.”

Kazuma turns his head towards Shimete for he was not aware she knew jutsus outside the ones they performed earlier. “What are those and where did you learn them?”

“They are genjutsu, illusions master. I read about them and taught myself.”

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The student after Masaru decided to opt out of the exercise, much to Masaru’s surprise the boy didn’t receive any stick at all from the teacher, if anything the teacher seemed to almost expect it. The other Genin was the last to go and strung together an impressive series of jutsu, she seemed to display a wide variety of techniques including Taijutsu, Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. Once her demonstration had finished she made her way to the line and spoke to Masaru, ”If not now then maybe some other time.”<i></i> He replied with a nod.

The teacher called all the students into the middle of the dojo before giving his useful, albeit harshly spoken, criticism. He performed a series of seals using a single hand, something which caught Masaru’s attention, ’That could be an extremely useful skill to have...’<i></i> He thought to himself before watching the teachers jutsu shatter a nearby target into splinters.

At the end of the demonstration a question was directed towards the group, Shimete was the first to answer and reeled off two visual Genjutsu, Masaru decided to follow along this line and raised his hand, ”I tend to use will based Genjutsu for defence, I’ve found that even simple techniques such as Intimidation and Amnesia can make it so difficult for your opponent to launch an attack that you can plan your actions in relative safety. Of course it’s not always reliable so I back it up with some defensive Taijutsu.”<i></i>

Eji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I haven't really studied to much into my element, but I'm sure there are a few decent blocking mechanisms while employing the earth element," stated Eji in a tone that showed some disdain in the fact that his elemental affinity was very unbecoming of an Uki clan member. A clan that was known to be a branch of the ancient ghost clans, “Though hopefully, I inherited an ability that keeps me from being hit in the first place which would make the efforts of my enemies pointless. Worst case scenario, I'm sure I can make a wall of dirt or rock to help me.”

M/C 104

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After she offered to spar with him, Masaru nodded, "If not now then maybe some other time.” He replied.

Hikari grinned, "Indeed." She said looking back to Isaki as he called them back.

" Now, you all showed me some... pathetic techniques. Now, I don't mean to insult you by saying this, but in the end when you take on missions those techniques will only be useful against non-chakra users. You might trouble a trained member of the Shogun's guard one on one for example."

That was true. Thugs, guards, and most others were no match for chakra users. She remembered briefly the thug she'd punched in the nose. Transformation had been useful that day, so as to camouflage her, after she'd popped him in the nose. Hikari had yet to come up against another ninja, though, he was right.

Hikari blushed, Defensive techniques haven't really been high on my list of things to learn. She thought, as the others began to answer. One of the two who fought as a pair brought up chameleon- a jutsu Hikari also knew. She did not know mimic.

"Well, I suppose, blur. If they can't see me, they're accuracy is bound to suffer." She said with a shrug, unaware of possible sensitivities which may or may not be present in her classmates. "Blocking can always help." She scratched her head, "There are a few taijutsu techniques in bludgeoning family. I haven't studied them, though." Hikari frowned, "I suppose I've been focused more on offense, and neglected my defenses." She ran a hand through her hair, "Well, that's why I'm here, right? Why we're all here. You've got the experience, and we need to benefit from it. Beg pardon from anyone who thinks they don't need it, but why else would you be here?" She asked rhetorically. "Clones, genjutsus... transformation I know and chameleon as well. Body switch I also know." She shrugged, "Electrocution has the effect of stunning people, and hindering their movements. It also bypasses lightning resistant blocks." She said. "But you must have something in mind. What would you suggest, Sensei?"

[Mft 351]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okay, so the servant knows genjutsu. Those are okay, again though will be replaced later on. Defensive Taijutsu, who said that, it was that one with the purple voice. Good, that was closer to what Kushin was getting at. The next spoke and noted earth element as his element, this was a kid who knew no techniques, okay, at least he was aware of what his apparent element might be capable of. Also apparently of some clan which might help, that was always possible.

Then the impossible happened. Someone ASKED him his opinion. FINALLY THEY WERE UNDERSTANDING!!

This was a class for them to learn, so why on earth were they the ones doing activities. Why was showing him what they knew important? Everything led to one very correct answer and that was that he knew best.

Good. It was said without any real value behind it but everything he said had worth. This was likely as close to praise as they were going to get.

Genjutsu are a defensive set, but aren't to be relied upon. You're still attacking your target, even if it is their mind, and they might have jutsu such as cancel which remove all that hard work you've done casting those genjutsu in the first place. Also my main concern is that you're going to spend time training and learning techniques which are going to be worthless in the future.

He looked for the one who'd mentioned earth techniques You

Forming handseals in barely the blink of an eye the ground beneath the boy rocked and rumbled putting him off balance, yet only for a moment.

That was an E-Rank Earth jutsu. E Rank! The lowest of the low, and yet it's a move which I might use even today against someone as strong as the Raikage or the ANBU Sennin if we were to dual. Its name is Gravel Shift and it drops your opponents ability to react to you, it might if you're lucky even force their next attack to be weaker.

He looked at the rest of them then performed a lightning jutsu, the one that the girl he targeted with had mentioned Electrocution is correct. A D-Rank lightning jutsu which again is another move which can make your opponent stumble at some point during a fight. We're shinobi, you're going to be shinobi, that moment, that chance to stumble, that is all we need to take advantage of a situation. These are moves which will help you survive and will continue to do so long into the future.

Looking at them he knew that chances were he'd done wrong by targeting them with jutsu. They weren't jutsu which hurt, they were jutsu which would simply shake someone up in a fight, knock them off balance, create an opening. This was the message he wanted them to learn.

When you are studying techniques I want you to pick which techniques you study carefully. Not everyone is going to be blessed with knowing all the techniques of all the elements. Pick which moves will be useful to you in the long run. Pick carefully for you don't want to get into a combat situation and suddenly realize that you actually have only one or two useful moves. If that happens then your opponents will know what you're going to do and they'll rip you to pieces. Almost all the jutsu classified as non-elemental are useful, Transformation, Body Switch, if you're a Taijutsu user then Combination Transformation, Crystal Eye, Cancel.

These are the types of techniques which are timeless. These are the techniques which you should strive to learn which your abilities and experience force you to only be able to manipulate chakra at its most basic form.

He gave them a moment to think Do you understand?

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete almost want to laugh for who relies solely on genjutstu for defense. Kazuma and Shimete did not even solely rely on jutsu in general for defense. No the both of them had plenty of ninja items to use. They had flash grenades, smoke bombs, Makibishi Spikes, ninja wire, oil flasks, and exploding notes. You name it they had it, but they were not going to say anything. The teacher only asked for defensive jutsu. He asked nothing about items. It will be a surprise if he tries to test their defense.

Kazuma reaches into his pocket to pull out what looked to be a piece of candy. As he carefully takes off the paper he channels a small amount of chakra into the wrapper. He pops the sweet into his mouth and tosses the paper behind him. Those with sharp eyes might notice that there was some sort of writing on the inside of the wrapping paper. Upon closer inspection one would see that it is really an explosive note. The note was set to remote status and only had enough charge to create a small distraction if needed. In his mouth Kazuma licks the sugar covering a glass orb the size of a marble. The little ball contained fluid that turns into smoke when exposed to air. It was Kazuma’s own clever disguise for a smoke bomb.

ShImete ties a golden bell around her neck. Within her pocket however were two silver bells. They made similar sounds, but those with trained ears can hear the difference. Kazuma being blind is one of those people. This little trick helps make body switch more effective. If she muffles her bell and throws a silver one as she does the switch. The opponent will look to where the silver bell fell instead looking where she went.

They may not be strong but they are clever. When the teacher asked them if they understood they nodded. They were sure the real lesson was going to start now.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The remaining students each took their turn answering the teachers question, it seemed like the red haired girl was in a similar position to Masaru, she seemed to favour Taijutsu while using Genjutsu for defence, also it appeared that she opted for the lightning element when using Ninjutsu, their fighting style were probably fairly similar.

The teacher then began by responding to their answers, outlining his thoughts on Genjutsu and pointing out that although it could be used for defensive purposes it was still a form of attack, it was easy to tell that every word he was saying was solidly based on experience gained from being in situations where he had to rely on employing these techniques effectively. Then suddenly his hands burst into an explosion of movement as the ground underneath the other boy began to shift putting him off balance, much to Masaru’s surprise this was revealed to only be an E-rank technique, one which anyone could see was extremely useful considering its low level of complexity.

The lesson continued, outlining how the students should pick which techniques to learn, it was focusing on a direction which Masaru had neglected somewhat, it opened his eyes slightly to how few non-elemental jutsu he knew and how helpful they could be. If he’d come away from this lesson with one thing it’d be a better appreciation for the staple jutsu which should form the foundation of his defence. ”Yes sensei I understand,”<i></i> He replied as he nodded, before asking a question of his own, ”Say Ninjutsu is not your strong point, which alternatives can be effective other than those already mentioned?”<i></i>

Eji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Disgruntled a little bit that nothing the man said made any sense at all to him, the small student pondered for a moment after the sensei asked if everyone understood.

"Okay, I'm starting to get from the redundancy that stalling or making my opponent stumble is something important; however, the usefulness dies down if he can dodge or anticipate my actions. At that time my actions are wasted, and now, I'm already behind in the fight. If he is a faster opponent, I've already sentenced myself to death by listening to you. Aren't these tactics more suited for teams not solo, and How does one combat a purely offensive shinobi that is more powerful? What are useful tactics in keeping ones self alive long enough for backup to arrive, and what is useful if the combined power is still out matched? Just knowing Kawarimi no jutsu can't be good enough if he is throwing insane amount of ninjustu at you if you are only capable of getting off just that jutsu prior to his flurry."

W/C 175

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He didn't really react to anything that was said until she asked him his thoughts. Then ‘good’. Hikari shrugged, uncertain why he had said it. An acknowledgement, yes but of what. She had said a lot, as had the others.

Hikari watched as Kushin’s attention turned to Eiji. Before she could blink, he’d made the seals and shook the earth beneath the boy’s feet. The rumblings would have staggered most anyone. “That was an E-Rank Earth jutsu. E Rank!” He said. She put some thought to wondering if she should invest in such a skill, as he continued, turning to her. Her body suddenly convulsed, as Kushin targeted her with the jutsu she’d showed, and spoke about earlier. When it was over, she spat, and growled, “Next time, don’t give the crazy sennin ideas.” She grunted to herself as she breathed heavily. She'd never been on the receiving end of a lightning jutsu. Especially not one that robbed her of her ability to control her body. It was a decidedly unpleasant feeling, one she hoped wouldn't happen again in the near future. She had missed his lecture on creating an opening, by the time she regained herself completely, but she got the gist of it from experience.

He continued lecturing on techniques that would do something similar. Extolled the virtues of learning timeless techniques. She could indeed see the merit. Hikari opened and closed her hand slowly. Despite that which she’d learned, she didn't know a way to counter such things. “Sensei, a question. If we were facing someone who had taken that idea to heart. Shake ‘em up then break ‘em, so to speak… how should we work to counter it? What might be the best way around those techniques? Is it speed, force, surprise? What if we are slower? This is a course on survival. How would we survive such a match?” She asked.

Then She turned to Eiji, with obvious irritation, saying, “What happened to the young guy who couldn't stop asking questions, Eiji-kun. What is with all the bitterness? Whatever it was that happened to you, it wasn't likely Sennin Isikai- sama’s fault. Rudeness is not a trait I expected from you.” Gods, she sounded like her mother. In spite of this, she had more to say, “If he were someone else, it's likely you’d be in severe pain right now, so you should take that as a blessing, and modify your asinine behavior.” She said that last quietly, not meaning to draw more attention, “The point of stalling and redundancy is to keep you alive til help comes. The village doesn't waste blood. You are valuable whether you know it, whether you want it, or not, and your life belongs to the Raikage. Act the part of a shinobi in training, and dedicate yourself to learning rather than…” She stopped herself from saying ‘bitching’, and instead said, “Complaining about a weakness you should own, and strive to erase.” She took a breath, “Take the advice or don’t. The length of your career is up to you.” She then removed herself from his vicinity and went to the other end of the group of students.

One thing that irritated her more than anything else, was people who had given up, especially on themselves. “My apologies.” She said to the rest of them, “I can't abide a pessimist.” And have a tendency to make speeches whenever possible. Well, it’s served me well, it did buy me a position as Ambassador. Still reeling over that.

[mft 589]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back