Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Survival lessons - Class for Students/Genin

Eji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching the drama queen put on a show like no other, the boy just stood there and observed with a smile not retaliating at all and absorbing the insanity that she spewed at him. After her last statement, the boy just smiled and took his foot and drew a line between him the and rest of the class.

"I like to refer to myself as a realist, and holding my sensei accountable and asking him a question that may be a bit hard for you to digest or even realize is a question is not pessimism. It is my job as a student to pry inside of his head as far as he will let me and dig out what I need to stay alive. Maybe I value my life higher than you value your own."

136 W/C

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete was getting a little annoyed from this petty bickering. A thus she risked giving out her two cents. “Surprise is the element that will save your life.” She pulls out a silver bell and this was no normal bell. She holds it up, “you see this bell? This is used to aid in audial genjutsu. Most people will destroy one of these babies on site. However that is not a good idea here. I replace the little metal ball that makes it ring with a glass orb whose contents works as a flask bomb. When they go to destroy the bell, they get blinded.” A nice little trick that will add a few seconds to life.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After Masaru had finished speaking the smaller boy chimed up with another delightfully upbeat addition to the conversation, it seemed that this boy saw the negative side of absolutely everything, a trait which Masaru knew could be a lot more beneficial than one might expect, ’While he couldn’t have said it in a less respectful way if he tried, he does have a point...’<i></i> He thought to himself just before the orange haired girl snapped.

The assault was relentless; she barely even stopped to breathe as the sentences shot out of her mouth, each one stronger than the last. It was fairly safe to say this was now one pissed off girl. She made her way to the other side of the group and apologised to everyone for her outburst, Masaru sighed, he came here to learn not listen to arguments. The young boy then seemed to try and separate himself from the rest of the class by drawing a line between them and again said something which Masaru agreed with, in a way that he disagreed with.

The young servant girl then spoke of another of her tactics to give her the edge in tricky situations; it almost seemed as if she was trying to change the subject. The entire display was really starting to get on Masaru’s nerves; here were the future protectors of the entire village squabbling like babies, of course he wasn’t about to bundle in as clumsily as the red head did but he definitely wanted to voice his opinion on the matter one way or another, ”Sensei, if I may I’d like to add another survival technique that has just come to mind.”<i></i> He said as he purposely positioned himself in the divide between the two groups, ”If you have the luxury of comrades by your side I believe you stand a considerably higher chance of survival if you work together well. I mean that is why generally teams of Shinobi are sent on missions that could be dangerous isn’t it?”<i></i>

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Sorry for the delay, I had the 48 hours, then had my birthday, then had a day of recovery]

The students reacted differently. The pair nodded and looked ready to take in more of Kushin's knowledge. The taijutsu boy asked about non-ninjutsu techniques. The boy who didn't know a jutsu questioned his sensei's knowledge suggesting that doing what he was suggesting was redundant. The red head asked about how to counter this tactic, then lectured the boy who knew nothing on manners. The boy who knew nothing then retorted and called himself a realist. The servant joined in on the gaggle holding a bell. The swordsman decided to stay out of it and offered another suggestion. Perhaps he sensed that doing that might spur Kushin into action where he might end the bickering.

But it was all so interesting to watch. How children interacted with each other. Who thought who was correct, who sided where, who felt what. They were all so very weak, and yet they all had such strong convictions.

Ahem. He falsely cleared his throat. An issue was raised about whether this was pointless actions or not. The argument was that these actions against an opponent already faster than you would waste what time is already limiting you with. Before I answer this I want you to all think about this scenario in full.

You are up against a faster shinobi. Perhaps they can use a Jounin ranked jutsu in the time it takes you to use a Chuunin ranked jutsu. Do you ignore what I'm saying here and simply cast your Chuunin ranked attacks at this opponent, deal what damage you can blindly because you believe that doing anything else is a waste of your time, when they can do more damage to you faster, and chances are you don't have the same stamina that they have in this same scenario, thus making your weaker attacks percentage wise even less effective than they already were?

Or do you do something different?

Use student level techniques, techniques which use up very little time to cast to knock them off balance, perhaps force that Jounin rank jutsu which takes so much longer to cast to miss, or do substantially less damage. To trick your opponent so that suddenly their using that jutsu was a waste of their time, and much more time than the time you used to confuse them? Even if it doesn't always work, if it does even only half the time you might be doing more damage to their plans, to how they thought the fight would go than you would if you went out and tried to go toe to toe with a stronger opponent.

Kushin stood there looking at the boy who knew nothing. If you took what you think you know about battle and wrote it in a book, I would name that book the dummies guide to dying in combat. Yes, as genin you are encouraged to fight as a team for protective reasons, and usually with a stronger shinobi with you in case something goes wrong. Yet there are going to be times when no-one is there to help you, and if you ever get to my level you will realize that these small tricks, as inane and pathetic as they are can be the difference to winning and losing a fight. It takes me one second to cast a jutsu of this rank, just one second. If in that second I can place an effect on an opponent of equal strength which might have him fail to cast a jutsu which takes him three seconds to cast, whether that is immediately or later in the combat that one second I had just wasted suddenly becomes something which edges the victory towards my side and gives me that slight advantage.

Idiot. But at least the boy was stupid enough to voice his idiocy. If he'd instead held onto that stupid concept, internalized it, decided it was truth and ignored Kushin's teachings then... well... he'd have been a dead idiot before he ever reached Chuunin. Perhaps if he allows himself to learn and listen to those who know what they're talking about then he might have a chance.

After a moment Kushin continued.

Someone asked how to counter this tactic. For each tactic there is a counter, and this one is pretty easy to counter. I have a one word answer. Barriers. He hoped they'd have at least heard of some barriers Barriers come at many levels in many shapes and forms. Not all jutsu types have barriers. Earth jutsu do of course. He looked at the boy who knew nothing when he said that, it was Kushin's attempt at an olive branch, of course only in Kushin's way it'd probably instead come off as arrogance. Barriers crush this tactics ability quickly, as these techniques don't cause damage, thus instantly fail as you attempt to cast something to disrupt your opponent and suddenly strike softly at something which isn't your opponent. Think of it like rock paper scissors. Rock is offense, your attacking jutsu. Paper is your disruption jutsu. Scissors are your barrier jutsu. When against an opponent who relies on barriers use offense, barriers usually can't take a single hit from an equivalent offensive jutsu, so a Jounin barrier will be destroyed by a Jounin offensive technique and will drain the user just as much. Offense when disrupted wont do as much damage as the attacker would like if it's disrupted, or might cause them to take more damage when you do attack. While barriers will simply stop any disruption from happening at all.

He frowned for a moment.

You are all young and either students or genin. The reason I'm telling you to learn these techniques isn't because they're the strongest or best techniques to learn, but because they're techniques which will prove their worth in years to come. They're investments into your future as shinobi. As you grow older and stronger you will gain access to much better offensive techniques, wait till you can learn those and learn real offense then. And I'm not saying don't learn anything which can help you attack now, obviously you need to still beat up peasants in the fields when you're tasked with doing so, just don't learn them blindly and without thinking. At your level disruption tactics are the techniques which can save your life, both immediately and when you're a seasoned veteran.

Turning his attention to the sword boy he added There are non-ninjutsu techniques for this but I only know a few. My mastery is in ninjutsu I'm afraid. Though I believe the Taijutsu equivalent is named 'buffing taijutsu' and usually affect yourself rather than the opponent directly.

He waited to see if there were any issues raised with what he just said. He was sure there would be, though would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Eji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"That wasn't the intention of the question, but I do concede that if I was facing a tactical genius who only used jutsu that used an extensive amount of time to cast that if I was on equal footing with or that I have teammates against said tactically deficient person that a low level delay skill which I could use faster and more repetitive than him would not be a bad idea," the concession didn't really seem to phase the small boy. It was commonsense that smaller pieces should be the first to move. "But I will not concede that this policy can always be so useful especially if this person knows to use lower level skills knowing that the individual will try to interrupt him. As a general opening battle stance, one should start out with lower tier skills to test how fast or intelligent his opponent is, only once an opening is portrayed should one go for the kill. So even the skills that you said are useless," stated the boy as he pointed over at the sword wielder," can be deadly if he were a Jounin level shinobi due to the rapid destruction he could cause with such a maneuver. Was not Aion himself known to slice his enemies to pieces? So for instance, how many times could the sword-wielder if he was at your level could slice possibly even prevent you from attacking before that lighting jutsu went off or potentially made you fail to cast because you dodged?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
This kid just liked to argue. What was with him? It was really starting to get on Shimete’s nerves. “What are you looking for? There is no perfect strategy that will always work. The teacher is trying to teach us something, so just shut up and listen.” She then looks at the teacher. “This is a survival class, right? Are we going to stand here and debate all class or are we going to learn some techniques?” Normally Shimete would not be so rude, but she was losing her patients. She stares at him as if to daring him to attack. At least then she can practice her defenses.

Kazuma merely stood there without saying a word. It was as if he was carefully listening to everything, well until he lets out a small snore. Obviously he fell asleep during the teacher’s grand speech. How he is able to stand will doing so is the benefit of years of practice.

Eji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Actually, the instructor didn't say what type of structure for this seminar, so I just went for my favorite type which is one that I haven't seen in this school, yet. Facilitating. Though, I doubt you knew that even existed. If this was as easy as regurgitating facts, then they should have just handed us a pamphlet and sent us to die."

Looking over at the sheep of a girl, the small student wondered if just listening was really all she intended to do, and if so, why bothering even speaking? She could just be like another portrait on the wall, or a wall of text about her inner feelings. If the teacher wanted him to shut up or leave, the boy would have been scolded at or even beaten to death.

Looking over at the man that could potential kill everyone in the room in mere seconds the, boy opened his mouth to say,"Apparently, I'm the only one who respects the fact that you can easily deal with me on your own unlike the two girls in here who think that you are to pathetic to stand up for yourself. If you want me to stop talking, I'll just find another sensei that is more accustomed to my style of learning."

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Hope you had a good day Kushin...sounds like you did ;D]

It seemed like the teacher felt it was finally time to step into this rapidly progressing mess, using a forced cough to get the students attention away from picking lumps out of each other and back onto him. He presented the students a scenario before outlining what was one very obviously wrong way to approach the situation and one way which used the techniques he was trying to get across to the group. Masaru nodded as the teacher spoke, it was all making sense to him now, ’There’s no point knowing all these advanced techniques if your opponent never gives you the chance to use them, I need a more reliable staple jutsu.’<i></i>

The teacher then went on to address barriers, something which Masaru had zero familiarity with. While it did sound like it would help combat these weaker jutsu it didn’t feel like something Masaru would end up incorporating into his repertoire, maybe he’d be able to find an alternative in his future years of service. The teacher finished by addressing the young samurai’s question, he made a mental note of this ‘buffing taijutsu’ as something to research at a later date.

It wasn’t long before the negativity of the other young boy reared its ugly head again, at this point Masaru had had enough, if there was going to be another disagreement amongst the other students he was going to let it fly by him completely and not even acknowledge it let alone get involved. Masaru’s eyes slid closed as he crossed his arms and simply waited for the conflict to pass, he’d been taught to stay out of situations like this when possible to avoid giving the clan a bad reputation.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: I'm sorry for the delay, I'm going to end this here due to certain stuff affecting me irl which is slowing my post rate.]

The boy was now changing his scenario. First he's spoken about when taking on a fighter who was already faster than you, now he was talking about someone the same level. And that that person may only use low rank jutsu to start with. Kushin took in a deep breath and exhaled.

He could appreciate the running through of different scenario's, and he could appreciate that the boy was just doing his best to learn what he felt he needed to learn, but you could never predict what your opponent was going to do. The boys assumption that they'd be using low level jutsu was, in Kushin's experience, wrong. Everyone he'd ever fought usually led off with either binding jutsu, or with a massive attack, or with clones. None of these were very fast, and all could be disrupted by lower level jutsu.

The issue for Kushin now was how to get that across, because he was suspecting that it didn't actually matter how he said it, the boy would simply argue and effectively suggest that his way of thinking was better than someone who had been in countless fights and had both the knowledge AND experience in these situations.

It seemed that another of the students was fed up as well. Annoyed with how the kid did seem to only want to argue. Of course the issue with calling someone out in that manner meant that... and the boy argued with the girl and then insulted her, and attempted to side himself with Kushin in the process. Though Kushin found it unusual that he was apparently needing to "stand up for himself".

Nothing taught in the class can ever account for every single individual scenario. If you come up against someone who leads off with low level offensive jutsu then the meat heads who go into battle immediately launching their high level jutsu will destroy them simply because while they're playing around with testing what their opponent is doing they'll have suffered four times as much damage as their opponent. What I am teaching you is the safest way to approach a combat. If you choose to listen to what I have to say then you do and chances are you'll do better because of it. If you don't then you don't, go ahead and do what you want to do, that is entirely your choice. Though don't blame your teachers for not teaching you a better way if you end up dying.

He looked around the class.

Okay, this was a class on survival, and was only really intended to be a theory class, not a practical one. I will hold another class on this in time, I would like to see you all there and my homework for you all is to learn one technique like that which I've displayed or talked about. You can come and ask me for specific techniques if you'd like and I'll help how I can.

Class dismissed.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
From the sounds of things even the teacher was starting to have a hard time thinking of ways to deal with this rather difficult student, despite the less than ideal learning environment Masaru had managed to gain quite a lot from this class, he'd be leaving today with a different focus on his training, to learn some simpler yet effective techniques over ones that rely on sheer power.

The teacher did his best to try and show the boy that it is completely impossible to prepare for every eventuality, he then paused and took a look at the students before giving his closing statement, the class had proved very useful for Masaru but he was eager to get away from the hostilities in the air, "Thank you Sensei, I learned a great deal today."<i></i> He said with a respectful bow.

As he walked towards the door he gave a nod to the rest of his classmates, "I look forward to working with you all in the future."<i></i> Although he knew that in the future he may have to work with any of them he couldn't help but hope that their attitude towards cooperation would have improved by then.

[Topic Left, Thanks Kushin]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete wake Kazuma, “Huh what I’m awake. Are we learning jutsu’s now?”

“No master, the class has been dismissed.”

“How long was I asleep? I missed it all? Why did you not wake me up earlier?”

“It was a pure discussion base class, master. You were only asleep for a couple of minutes, so you didn’t miss much.” They then leave the classroom
[left topic]
[quick to the next class]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari rolled her shoulders and considered which technique to learn. She also considered barriers. She'd learn one of each, hopefully, though she did already know electrocution, so her priority should be the latter. Hikari bowed, "Thank you." She said simply, thinking he'd probably not appreciate fair wishes. "Good bye." was her final word. She turned her mind toward the library, it'd been long since she buried her nose in a book there, and she thought it would probably be a good idea to research different types of barriers. Thus she left the room and headed toward the study hall. If learning such a thing could save her life, she owed it to herself to do so.

To be honest, she was still irritated by the boy's bothersome personality and blame shifting. It'd put a black cloud over her head.. she figured a few hours immersed in work might help her. If not she'd stop at a dojo before returning home.
[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back