Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Taijutsu 101 (Jomei): Test Your Might

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Inhaling the man put down the empty coffee mug on the desk to the front and waited for the student to enter. Pulling out a scroll he formed seals causing a puff of smoke to explode off the scroll with a small pile of weapons cascading out. They were low quality but they were for training though so he didn’t think it mattered much.

”I'll be your instructor, you can call me Sensei if you like... Anywho what’s your preferred method to attack in combat using Taijutsu?” the man asked to the boy once he came into the room.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Today, Jomei was more eager than ever. Not long ago, he was running the halls, snapping his picture box and signing up for more autumn classes. Now it was time to put away the antique treasure and prepare himself for the art of hand to hand combat! Jomei arrived at the classroom setting on prompt time. He was still finishing his lunch and a sandwich hung from his mouth. He put away his camera in a carrying bag and set it aside at the exit of the training area.

At the front of this plain room stood Jomei's instructor. A sea of red gym mats covered the terrain and a low ceiling hung from above. The instructor seemed domineering and in-control of their little environment.
When the master asked Jomei to declare his weapon of choice, a sense of pride washed through him, along with anxiousness.

"I have a special talent, and hope to weaponize it, sensei" he admitted. Jomei could sense his instructor's whimsy, but he couldn't have predicted what Jomei was about to reveal. He held up both arms and revealed dark-colored pores on his wrists. "I can secrete webbing that begins to harden once it enacts with the atmosphere." He then pointed to the collection of weapons and whipped a standard katana into the air with a single webline. His opposite hand snagged the blade inches before cleaving himself in two, and he lowered to a resting position. It seemed that Jomei's senses may have received peculiar heightenings as well.

"I'm capable of hardening the webbing to a point where I can do damage on impact, but I'm still working on molding my chakra. Before I knew what I was capable of, I tried kenjutsu. But now, I've become accustomed of doing damage with my bare hands."

WC300.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nodding to the explanation Kamaru scratched his chin while nodding in understanding. ”Having a method for Taijutsu that can adapt is beneficial. Since you’re opting for hand to hand I guess we’ll start with the basics of that plus way one strengthens the body.” Kamaru stated unbuttoning and taking off his jacket and hanging it over a chair. After rolling up his sleeves Kamaru put on a rather faded pair of gloves now tightening his hand into a fist to check their give.

”Taijutsu covers most martial weapon combat skills and practices including the lack of a made weapon, Unarmed combatants are hard to detect.” he explained before he continued, ”Someone might wait to reveal it as a surprise in combat hidden within their first attacks of a fight when the opponent is trying to figure out their style of combat when there is no weapon seen if they have one and it’s just hidden.” Kamaru continued, ”Taijutsu doesn’t take as much chakra so since you’re not transitioning your chakra into an elemental form or manipulating in on a complex scale versus someone using Ninjutsu for instance. In that respect you will be faster because of them, feel free to have me stop if I’m going over things you already know. If you’re faster and need to be close to an opponent to attack and they realize it they’re going to try and open up the gap. So first question would be how would you keep the gap small? Answer how you see fit.” Kamaru explained. Kamaru’s jaw set though and he moved to the balls of his feet just in case. He remembered another student long ago opted to use his shoes as a weapon to kick a man.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jomei nodded in return and followed along as his saged instructor lectured on. Kamaru pressed the lesson into a progressive pace, and readied himself for the hands on approach. It was Jomei's time to decide how he'd react in the given scenario.Taking his cue, Jomei struck a forward combat stance. It was his strategy to become a point to the opponent: unapproachable and sharp. "The best defense is an offense that presses the opponent a reactive position."

He began to make slow, cautious paces around their matted area. "So, if I have them on the defensive... I would use a shot of webbing to distract them or lower their defenses, and then close in on any blind or weak spot I can get a hold of." Jomei then relaxed his posture, accordingly.

WC133

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru nodded in response to the area, ”I think misdirection is always good to make them think where you’re coming from and what you’re doing. The more tricks there are the more like they’ll be spending time trying to sort through what might happen. But they’ll know you need to get in close to attack eventually at some point so they’ll either keep trying to move away out of your range, bind you to gain time, or let you come in for a trap. Keeping them guessing is always a good tactic. For both sides attacking someone from where they are right now isn’t as important as being able to attack someone where they are going to be though.” Kamaru explained his combat stance changing form to a loose and relaxed stance that looked like he was spacing out mostly if he wasn't look at Jomei. He waved the student closer.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kamaru signaled for Jomei to attack with an outstretched hand. Springing forth, Jomei became a blur of motion. He slung two weblines to somersault himself towards his master at arms with acrobatic grace. His webbing anchored between the roof's tiling, and shook the sturdy wooden framing as Jomei took flight. Opposed to an expected indirect attack, Jomei flew at Kamaru with a Dynamic Entry kick! Though it was unlike Jomei to throw himself into the opponent, he had to test each opponent to expose the gaps in their armor.

WC89

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the foot connected with Kamaru’s face he was sent flying, his body like a rag doll cartwheeling away in the air. Oddly enough it spent a little too much time in the air before he finally landed on his feet. His tongue moving to the inside of his cheek where he was kicked wiggled around, ”Well as the opponent I know will go for a direct attack straight at me now if you see the chance. That you’ll use the environment around you to your advantage and you’ll want to get in close to attack… How do you follow up. Will you continue attacking head on? Go in to trip or bind me? Move around to a side or rear angle to attack next?” Kamaru stated one of his feet kicking up the corner of a mat and sliding the front of his shoe under.

[OoC: Jomei felt the attack connect but with a lot of give]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jomei rebounded from a kick that felt, off. His instructor crashed into the mats, skidding to a halt with his face hitting the brakes. Jomei arose to his feet, and grew disoriented; unaware that he rebounded to the roof instead. Kamaru was checking his dental work. Jomei made an awkward drop from the roof, it was a slow fall like when a dish smashes on the kitchen floor. The mat was merciful, but he made a heavy smack on impact. His elder's lecture spoke of the art of pursuit. Will you follow the instinct to deliver the final blow, or show mercy and try something else?

"I... I don't know" Jomei answered.
"What should I do if I have the upperhand?"

Jomei fired his webbing at Kamaru; aiming to suppress him with a tightening web solution. His shaky answer.
But if his webbing could not subdue his future opponents, what would he do? Kill the aggressors?​

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru didn't move out of the way of the webbing as it came at him. His lips pursed as he muttered wondering if this meant he’d have to get his clothes tried cleaned. Webbed and one foot underneath the maps Kamaru thought about his response. ”Usually when you have the upper hand you press the advantage, this doesn't always mean a head on attack though. Using the time to feint moves to setup for a more damaging attack would be what I would lean towards myself but everyone has their own style of doing things.” Kamaru admitted, ”Granted there’s something to remember about binds, once someone’s free or after the initial attack they’re free to do as they please… and sometimes it’s unexpected.” Kamaru reminded the youth.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jomei watched closely as Kamaru stripped himself of his webbing, even noting the time it took. While learning how to fire his webbing, Jomei often spent hours trying to scrub and strip the adhesive solution. His master's strength allowed him to overcome Jomei's bind with relative ease. To be expected from a sennin. Jomei was taken aback, albeit inspired. His solution wasn't strong enough to pin him down, but it was effective enough to slow him up, if only temporary. Recognizing the difference between the student and his instructor: the canyon's gape was actually a journey spanning from coast to coast. Greater thoughts crossed Jomei's mind than the art of pursuit and managing opponents. "Sensei" he paused, "have you ever had killed, following orders?" Jomei knew he had; it was impossible that he hadn't.​

WC134

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru signed it seemed a question young people seem to consider with this line of work, ”I have.” he admitted, ”Sometimes not following orders but of my own discretion as well but the point to remember is just because one can do something doesn’t always mean one should. Ultimate control and restraint at times outweighs someone who has a murder or death toll in the hundreds or thousands. So say it gets easier after the first time but that’s not necessarily a good thing since it means you desensitize yourself to it. Ultimately in a fight it’s up to the individual if their attacks are meant to kill or disable someone. It is easy to kill or destroy something out of thoughts of necessity or for a twisted sense of pleasure. It is always harder to create or protect something. This might be a bit of a somber topic and discussion to take in at once but from my experience it’s my reality.” Kamaru finished.

Now...Since you’ve had a few chances to attack how are you at dodging?” Kamaru stated changing the subject. Kamaru lifting his food slightly before stomping the ground under the mats causing a slight shaking and suddenly caused floormats to erupt from the ground and scatter around in various directions, ”Getting hit by one of these won’t hurt much… but the smell might get to you… also try not to get caught with your mouth open… I don’t think either one of us wants to know what these mats taste like.” Kamaru warned.

(OoC: We're in a storm of floormats that probably smell and taste of many feet practicing on them.)

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jomei stood firm, listening to the wisdom his instructor expelled. Kamaru was gentle, as far as instructors went. Find out for yourself... He expected Jomei to develop his own code of ethics, rather than draw the line based on another man's ideals. Jomei was free to become his own kind of ninja.

Next, the famed instructor returned to the meat and potatoes of their class time. Jomei could ask all the questions he liked, but it wouldn't slow the pace of their training session. A firm stomp lifted the floor from it's perfected alignment, and practice mats went flying. Jomei felt a certain kind of twinge as the next round began, a sensation. Jomei had a panache for sensing danger; a perception he credited his spider-like traits for.

He sprang into action, first using a web-shot to turn a mat while mid-air. He side-stepped it with a hint of swagger and dipped below a second debris. Alas, a third met swallowed Jomei underneath it, but he managed to withstand the weight. He resembled Atlas bearing the weight of the world, and grinned at his instructor. It was then that an odorous funk hit his nose like a knockout uppercut and Jomei grew weak in the knees. He collapsed like world trade, and crawled out from beneath the rubble with a look of light disappointment.

"Watch me wake up tomorrow with a ringworm."​

WC231

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy seemed to take the answer to his question seriously, Kamaru didn’t sugar coat it any or shy away from it. Things were the way they were, regardless of how old Jomei might find himself needed to make the decision at some point and it was a grave one to some. In the flurry of flopping mats the young boy seemed to be on edge trying to track everything moving around him. He was doing well until he relied on his body at one point, a dark smirk slowly edged onto Kamaru’s face before it vanished. His warning had been forgotten. He could tell from the look on the youth’s face the smell wasn’t as minor as he had hoped. At least he hadn’t thrown up… granted Kamaru had no doubt the mats had seen their fair share of a student’s lunch but he opted to not make matters worse by bring up the possibility.

Kamaru would chuckle on the comment, ”Well there are ointments for such things. I did give you fair warning on the smell though.” he would state looking the boy once over to see if there was anything life threatening. ”But you were doing well until you fell into a ‘dirty trick’ I guess. So did you learn anything from being in the flurry? If this was a life or death fight what would you equate the smell too?” Kamaru continued finishing it off with a question.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
What did Jomei learn from the last exercise. "Some opponents will resort to anything to gain the upperhand..." Jomei paused with short-windedness taking his breath away. He was already feeling an itch reaching up his shoulder blades. Total irritation was rising along his back and spine. The boy will shake it right off, he will."Gym mats caked with sweat got the better of me, and I can blame the scent for... distracting me. Illusion or trap jutsu. If I took more of an offensive, I might've cleared your mats before that rottenness rolled in."

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru nodded with the young student’s assessment, ”Illusion or trap jutsu or even poison could be masked in a rather humble obstacle so that an opponent dismisses it. Taking a more aggressive offense in unarmed combat give them less time to thinking about how to set up their offense since they’ll be splitting their thoughts on defense or even countering.” Kamaru stated. Looking at the area a little cluttered now and in disarray he had a thought, ”Do you know the body switch technique? It would have been beneficial to make it look like you were under the mats trapped so you could sucker pu- I mean attack me.” Kamaru asked curious about if the boy had or would start thinking about how he’d have handled the situation differently now that he experienced it.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A lot of thoughts cross the mind, but a snap decision is made during all combat. Though Jomei could have used the body switching technique, it would have been uncouth to do so during a taijutsu lecture. Together, Ninjutsu and Taijutsu made a dangerous combination. Previous attempts to build and mold chakra while fighting provided a real challenge for Jomei, especially while fighting at his pace. He was at risk for over-working himself when he considered mixing in complex jutsu.

"I was outnumbered" he excused his actions. "I tried to expect and counter their attacks as they came, and the mats overran me. Next time I'll aim to divide their attacks with more misdirection. I don't think I need ninjutsu, just a bit more practice."​

WC125

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru shrugged hearing the reasoning of the young boy, ”Minimizing the attacks coming at you so you had to deal with my moving out of the center would have been another option as well.” Kamaru stated sliding hands into his pockets as he stretched his back a bit.

”So you probably have a better understanding of Taijutsu versus Ninjutsu or Genjutsu now for chakra usage and timing, distance for closing and speed at which to plan an attack, defense and counter. Plus miscellaneous things you or someone else could use when in close range to trip the other up so to speak such as traps, binds, poison, etc. What’s the primary thing you’ve learned so far in your own words from this class?” Kamaru asked in review looking at the boy.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kamaru itemized their lesson for the day, reviewing tidbits of fact they uncovered in the last half hour or so. Jomei wasn't feeling that much wiser near the end of this training session, but was content none the less. But what did Jomei learn? Jomei didn't have to think long and hard to reveal the biggest impact this session had on him.

"This class has taught me the fundamentals of taking the fight to the opponent, and using space effectively in combat. Taijutsu is the key to defending myself when the opponent has an advantage." Of course there was more to his findings, but the sun was dipping and his stomach ached. "I believe the fist presents a choice, when all reason falls on deaf ears. More than combat styles or proper training. Taijutsu comes naturally. It is survival instinct after all... right?"​

WC143

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”If that’s what you’ve gotten out of the lesson and you’re learned something I would think that’s enough for now.” Kamaru commented rolling his sleeves down and grabbing his jacket and shaking it out.

Slinging his jacket over his shoulder he’d focus on Jomei looking at the boy, ”Taijutsu Class passed.” Kamaru declared heading for the door, ”Put the mats up on your wait out for me if you can, feel free to clean them if you like as well.” he commented.

(OoC: Taijutsu 101 Class passed used this post for paper trailing as needed)

[Topic Left Unless Stopped]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
And so their foray into the foot-fist way came to an end. Kamaru made a cool-guy exit, first fixing his belongs to his taste, and then making a quiet departure. Jomei seemed disappointed with the contents of the class. He had become used to the intensity offered by Masaru, and Yuki’s surprising toughness. Kamaru just seemed to allow Jomei a pass through. Was Jomei just that proficient for a ninja in training? Maybe his instructor just going through the motions of another lecture. Either way, Jomei was unsure. “I’m not some everyday ninja” Jomei reassured himself as he went to fetch a mop and bucket from the broom closet. Following orders was a good pupil’s habit. As a result, Jomei was mopping through the sunset; only going home after a dim twilight was the only glimmer of light left outside.​

WC140
Taijutsu 101 Complete
Topic Concluded

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back