Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

That Inexcusable Horror [Solo Mission]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke watched from afar as the caravan left Soon's Sanctuary. It was a very concerning sight considering that the block of the city that the caravan was coming from was under a black out of sorts. Usually these type of things occurred not by coincidence. The ruling authority would claim it was a power failure when in fact it was something they did not wish to see being moved. The Gem merchant lord, or lady if one was to use proper gender times was married to the Daimyo. Sousuke figured as much she had certain influences and that it was what allowed this to occur. Sousuke could see torches burning brightly in the night as this was the last man-made version of light to be had aside from the moon which was curiously a red moon, which was something Sousuke had never seen before. He recalled reading somewhere that it was a blood moon, that it was linked to the end times or an apocalypse. The science minded man tried to rule out it was truly the end times. Katsuo had a theory that the stars in the sky were perhaps other worlds, and possibly dead ones at that. Sousuke was not so sure of that, it was a theory mind you. Sometimes there were things in the skies called shooting stars, obviously those were rocks called meteors, they were not in fact worlds. Sousuke knew this because he once had his anbu once collected a small meteor that struck in the area known as Deadline.

The caravan moved and he knew this because the torches moved too. A large black box was being transported. A box and not a crate. The crate was being carried by great beasts of burden. The box seemed to be floating? A curious notion. Why were animals involved if it could float? Sousuke ruled that it was because it needed a direction to go, and if left to its own devices it would just float there. The caravan was moving slowly, but at least it was moving. Once it was five kilometers away from Soon's Sanctuary the lights would come back on. It was very precise, which again fed into Sousuke's theory that it was indeed arranged. He would begin to make his trek towards the caravan so he could begin his takedown. Sousuke suited up, and wore his antlered battle armour. While inside the armour he towered over people and could match Kuro in size. He carried with him the unlit Perdition's Arrival and the not yet crackling Thunder Talon.

Sousuke stood in the way of the caravan. The caravan was certainly far enough away from Soon's so backup was not coming from Soon's, and for the Daimyo's men? It would take them some time to get here. The guards bid him to move. He did not. He merely stood in the way. They would indeed approach him, and Sousuke would draw his blades. He did not set them aflame or crackling with lightning. He merely traded blows and struck them down using the flat end of his blade. They would push forward and again he would strike them down each one at a time until all of them were felled. What was left was the black box. Sousuke would sheath his blades for the moment and he would conjure a plasma orb. He would float the orb up to light the object. It was still very much a box, but Sousuke would refer to it as a cube. The black cube had runes on it. Sousuke would focus for a moment and he would notice something peculiar. The runes were in fact moving. Sousuke looked for a power source. Yet he could not find any. He would then remind himself that the box was attached to beasts of burden. He turned to them and held out his hand. He fired blast bolts and blasted the ropes which bound them to the structure. The beasts proceeded to run away and for that he was indeed thankful.

Sousuke would continue to analyze the box before him. He moved his plasma orb to cut the ropes that were around the box. He watched as they fell to the ground. Again the runes were moving but now they were glowing red. He watched then as his plasma orb was absorbed into the box itself. Again. Strange. The box would begin to make a groaning sound from within. It sounded like it was in pain. Perhaps this thing was indeed quite alive? The moving runes were moving horizontally before, now they moved vertically. Sousuke would take several steps back as he felt something was going to occur. Indeed something would as the box would begin to open up.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The sides of the box began to open up, Sousuke found himself taking a few steps back as he watched the flaps unfold. He realized in all of this he had to back up quite a bit further, because the top of the box, and the side he was facing was coming his way. He moved back and shifted to the left. The cube would hit the ground with a resounding thud. He looked for his plasma orb, but it was completely gone. He did not feel it going away, but it was indeed gone. Sousuke was not sure what he expected to see, but in all honesty he was not surprised to find another series of boxes. Three in fact. One larger box in the centre, and one left of it, then one right of it. He seemed to be quite perplexed by this all. The boxes were floating, but they would come to an unceremonious crash. The first box would open and he would find what he had come to expected the Daimyo to be transporting, slaves. Yet something gave him pause in all of this. These were children, but not necessarily of a 'proper' human variety. Some of them were Kirishii, and others were of a more bestial nature. Sousuke was aware of Wind Country being a host of what some people called 'cursed' people or 'gifted' people. Much of theme were at a loss, and not in their senses. Cries of pain and confusion were heard. The other box opened up as well and revealed a number of 'human' children as well. The difference in these children were that they were tattooed. Sousuke could not decipher if they were numbered, or if it was a cultural symbol. He made motions to call for Ken, his summoning contract, the giant Hercules Beetle was quite used to getting people out of this situation and doing so quickly.

The giant insect would make his way down. Sousuke would move forward and attempt to begin communications with these weakened, wearied, and scared children. He walked on top of the black panels of the box, but then the third box in question would begin to open. He expected it to contain more children. He stopped as he felt a sudden burst of dread in the surrounding area, and of course it would be coming from the box. The box did not quite open up, no it seemed to have crashed part way. Contents bubbled and seemed to bleed out. Sousuke's better judgment told him to arm himself. He did. His metallic fingers gripped the two blades. A form slithered out at first and began to ignite. Sousuke came to several conclusions. First the entity in there was not a child that he would recognize. Secondly it was something elemental. In his mind he began to grow deeply concerned. Surely, surely this could not have been an Ancient? The form began to breath as it stood up. The contents of the box that was liquid based because to boil and gurgle. It proceeded to recede into the being itself. The liquid began to form into a too sickly ash coloured flesh, that flesh seemed to be a cage for the flames that had ignited earlier. Upon the shoulders there formed small maws that a tongue came out from, the tongues licking and circling about the flames that were held within. Its face was, for Sousuke's purposes almost at a loss to describe. He would try to do so at any rate. The head seemed to pull back and there was hair? Braided and wild hair that burned and emitted a sickening smell a burnt flesh. Three? Four? Five lidless eyes opened up. The gaze was not quick fixed as the eyes darted in different directions but always the same. Several maws began to open up and words were being spoken from them. A series of maddening chattering. Words that did not hold meaning in common, nor Runic Terran. A guttural jabbering but Sousuke heard a clicking as well. The creature sprouted arms that slammed against the ground and more maws appeared from it, and more jabbering could be heard. It was maddening to hear far too many voices at once and the children cried out as well. Out of the maws came arms of a spectral nature grasping at some unseen force that the guards of the caravan had in them. A sickening feeling came over Sousuke. This creature may or may not be an Ancient or a halfbreed of one but he knew what this inexcusable horror was hungry for.

MFT 300+

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke hurled himself at the creature bringing down both Perdition's Arrival and Thunder Talon. The former of the blades burned with fire and the other crackled with lightning. Yet Sousuke could feel his mind being overwhelmed with the chattering and the clicking. He was slapped away and the spectral hands ceased their grabbing for what he thought was the souls of the unconscious guards. He felt the hands grab and tear at him. The horror had immediately identified him as a threat, good, yet the children were all frozen and perhaps too scared to move. Sousuke could feel his armour heating up. He was set a flame, for reasons he did not know, and reasons that greatly concerned him. The voices were beginning to make sense now, and that concerned Sousuke as he was being crushed and pushed into the ground.

Original Sinner. Stillborn. Failure. Destroyer of Humanity. Failure. Incomplete. Fragmented. Halfbreed. Unlovable. Faithless. Failure. Doombringer. Sousuke was given pause at the term halfbreed. He was human. Sousuke considered it. Yes. He hungered for flesh of dead animals. He hungered for wheat. He hungered for plants. Never souls. That is what made him different. She won't come back. He won't forgive you. Unworthy! Ill-King! Stewardless! She never really loved you to begin with. Titles. Titles! All they want to do is feast at your corpse! The negativity bore down on Sousuke. It was crushing him mentally. He could hear the plates of his armour cracking. Not good. Outer defenses breached, and he was burning. Liar! Murderer! Faithful for nothing and unto nothing! It was no longer a series of random words being hurled at him, but as a chorus. Sousuke had to fight back now. He had to push back against these words and fight. It was an impossible seeming task as he felt overwhelmed by the words of the maws, but also the arms that was pushing down upon his and breaking his armour. You're the reason why the realm bleeds and bleeds. The maddening chorus of maws spoke at him. Unworthy! I judge you ... I judge you... In that singular moment, Sousuke forced another series of words to be spoken. He heard the silence as the maddens of the maws ceased momentarily. "You to live and fight for your people. Be without fear in the face of danger. Use your strength to safe guard those weaker than you. Use your voice to tell only the truth, even when it may lead to your death. And for as you live suffer no evil to stand. That is your charge, just as it is mine."<i></i> In this moment of misery, the words of a King would be heard. Sousuke would do as he was bid to do. A Takahashi mind was also known for its mental prowess. Sousuke would push himself to stand up. He emitted a kinetic blast. His mind was pushing back now and beginning to block out the words. He was still where he was, and he needed to get himself and the terror away from this area. His mind knew a place, and he knew in his heart that is where all evil lurked about. It was the land of Inferno. Another kinetic blast, and Sousuke pulled back for a moment and psionically hurled himself into the terror that burned and polluted his mind. He hurled himself with such force and connected. Upon connecting with the body he was able to push himself further and further into the land of demons itself.

It looked like a fireball that was being moved, and what tailed it was a giant orange Hercules beetle. Sousuke could feel the heat increase and he burned for it. The terror had enough of this and stopped the motion. Its oozing fleshling hands grasped Sousuke and hurled him into Sousuke's companion Ken. Sousuke struck Ken hard and metallic bits began to fall off of him. "Ken not sure what he is facing, but Ken was frozen by fear. It spoke words of ... hurt."</B><i></i> Ken very carefully pulled Sousuke from his shattered carapace. <B>"Ken thinks we are out of league."

Out of league. It's a curious phrase - We are very much in danger here - I am so very much out of my league - The threat reassessment is going to be alot higher here - Worthy. What does it truly mean to be worthy? - Am I truly my father's son? The mind of Sousuke worked on several hundred levels. Mikaboshi once assessed that Sousuke was incapable of seeing a forest for the trees. I've been out of my league since I was born. Yume, I wonder if she truly did love me? This threat I cannot identify - It feeds on souls. It is not a primary element - It seems part shadow matter and - The nature of evil it is ever changing - What does the Daimyo want a creature like this for? To power the Soverign? It is an Ancient? - How many times have I done this battle? I will be here again because of the concept of Eternal Return. - Shiori. I wish I could turn back the clock. Perhaps if I had never been born perhaps she would never have truly woken up. - Time - I was not equipped to be Steward-Kazekage, let alone Kazekage.<i></i> Sousuke's mind was addled and focused on far more things in mutli-faceted ways than a normal mind could. I have been trial for my entire life. I have been on trial for being mentally challenged. Autistic! Yes! That is what they say. I don't like people really. Most people are overly ambitious and cruel. My father always told me to be kind unto others, and for the most part to keep my ambition in check - Why can't Mother Suna be what the stories said? Why? I force myself to be superior because I must. I force myself to endure people for the goodness of others. - I despise Kaito. I understand him but he doesn't understand me - Shouki will be fought again and again and again - Time. Time. Time. Always a time to do something. A time to live to die. A time to fail and in other ways succeed. There is time to love. A time to regret. A time to have reflection. There will be a time for peace, but not now, not at this moment. This is a time to fight!<i></i>

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Inferno was the land where 'Evil' dwelt. Demons, fire, ash, and misery. These things were in not short supply here. This was perhaps the closest thing to a literal version of hell. It would not have surprised him if this is the land that spawned Miroku Akkuma. He doubted it. Sousuke caught his breath as Ken held him. Sousuke would speak to Ken. "Ken. Continue to trust in me as you usually have. We have to survive the night."<i></i> His voice dripping with an anxiety. He reached for Perdition's Arrival and Thunder Talon. He unsheathed the blades and searched deep within them. Sousuke had merged with the Ebon Blade from time to time. He always thought that he was merging himself with an aspect of Mikaboshi, but he never could truly sure that he did. He doubted it, and in truth he was merging with a spirit made by his father. He sought out the thing, be it spirit, Ancient, or anything that was the quintessential essence of the flaming and sparking blades. What he found? It was dead. They were dead. Dead and gone for a long time. Perhaps it was the materials of the earth itself, but he found something and asked it to join with him. Sousuke's body burned and sparked. He then outwardly called for Ken to join him too in this union of sorts. Ken allowed himself and Sousuke's mind and form changed. He felt flesh that was not his own. It felt foreign and whole, unlike his metallic limbs. His skin cracked and warped into a metallic carapace. A singular horn burst from his forehead and formed upwards. Lightning crackled and formed antlers on his head. The hands turned into talons. The form was a myriad of things horrifying and terrible. This was the form they would take to fight that Inexcusable Horror, a form in itself that was monstrous.

The body created was not as large as Ken, and it could not fly. Sousuke felt the warmth and happiness that Ken had. Ken felt Sousuke's despair and concern. The two of them felt long deceased intent Perdition's Arrival. It's singular focus was to destroy and bring unto others the state of eternal punishment and damnation. There was the feeling of pride in being a predator, but that too had been dead for countless amount of years. For a time Sousuke had thought that he too had become a demon in this foreign burning land he hated. He had become Akkuma or Kuro. No. No. No. Kensuke, for that was the name Ken and Sousuke had conjured. They were doing what Katuso had told them to do. Not to suffer evil or fear. We have under one minute to kill this Inexcuable Horror. In two seconds we spawn wrist blades.</I><i></i> The carapace that was Kensuke would crack open and twin blades would slide out. They crackled with lightning as the amalgamation stepped forward. In one second we phase warp. In three seconds we are counter attacked and we take damage. Shoulder will be crushed, but still moving. Kensuke stepped forward leaving a burning footprint that was of three long digits. Kensuke appeared behind the terror and drove both blades forward. They penetrated the flesh and met fire within. They pulled the blades out and met the attack that was spoken of. The maws opened up and Kensuke began to cut at them. Solid metal cutting through spectral flesh and the ooze that came out. There were too many hands and indeed the shoulder was grabbed and crushed. The fighting continued. The mind of two seemed to be at odds with itself. The power of the body presented. The potential, and in some aspects the fear of it. Neither Ken or Sousuke were used to the blades coming out of the wrist area. <I>Emitting a multi strike attack infusing with plasma to cut and sever flesh. Activating now.<i></i> Kensuke would begin cutting and severing. Reaction too slow. Will lose arm in two seconds.<i></i> A sickening crack could be heard as the arm was indeed compromised. This was Sousuke's left arm, the metal one. The cracking continued. Ken screamed in Sousuke's mind and Sousuke forced Kensuke's right arm to push forward trying to cut through again. The arm was removed cleanly from Kenusuke and the amalgamation howled in words that were not common. Green liquid poured from the injury like oil. Ten seconds remain. Keep attacking. Forward thrusts.<i></i> Kensuke was grabbed and pushed back against the pain and kept ramming the right wrist blade into the horror as it dug its hands into the amalgamation. Both horrors screamed and roared as they were tearing into each other. The inhabitants of Inferno would turn their many eyes onto this battle that polluted their domain. Some watched with interest including a demoness Sousuke had once ran into.

Time ran out on the technique. The amalgamation shattered. Bits of carapace flew as it was revealed to be Sousuke underneath. The form was like armour for him. Ken was sent another direction and landed hard. The beetle was hurting and so was Sousuke. The purple haired man no longer wore his helmet. His face visible and all he had left was his mesh armour. His mind was screaming at him to rest. This was taxing and that Inexcusable Horror would move towards him bleeding and still ready to fight. Sousuke groaned and harsh metallic sound was heard as he did so. His left arm was gone, and he was fighting for his breath. The mesh armour was durable but it could not take the punishment that his other armour had taken, let alone his amalgamation with his swords and Ken. Sousuke using what he had left sought out the burning and crackling blades with his mind and sent them flying to skewer the fiend. It was moving slowly still. Not enough damage. The fire that burned within its core was smoldering now. Sousuke judged that like himself this thing was on its metaphorical last legs.

Sousuke placed his index finger and his middle finger on his temple and focused. He strained himself. He pushed himself. The creature, it stopped moving. Sousuke was pulling at it with his mind. He pulled and tore at it with his mind. He couldn't afford it to touch him less he be burned or ripped to bloody shreds. The strain was great, blood began to drip from his left nostril as he heard cracks and tears as he was trying to tear the creature in two. He was trying to split its head apart. The brain and the heart were two of the most vital organs any being had. He could hear the cracking and the gurgling. He saw the tear beginning to form, but unceremoniously his enemy hit the ground and the fire that burned within its body faded. Sousuke exhaled and began crawling away. He began to crawl, but he noticed that the shadows were creeping upon him. Eyes of various sorts and kinds set upon him. His battle was taxing, and for a time that fear was upon him. Sousuke looked for Ken but he could not find his companion. He suspected that Ken was forced back to the world of the summoned. Sousuke continued to crawl, but found himself passing out. The eyes of those who dwelled within Inferno all on him.

Sousuke would awake to find himself being carried. Carried on something wooden. His eyes not yet focused. On his chest was his metallic arm. Still not attached and badly damaged. He looked to his left and then to his right and saw ropes. He was being pulled. He noticed small bodies and to his surprise he was being pulled by the children who he found in the boxes. Some of them human, others of slightly bestial nature. Leading them oddly enough was his grandmother. She turned to notice him waking up. "Found an emergency signal flare go off, and an army of children pulling your sorry ass out of Inferno. Lucky for you, I found them. They didn't like me at first unless the grey furred one pointed out our same hair colour. They seem to like you, at least enough to go find you and get out to safety."<i></i> Sousuke would say nothing but would allow his head to lie back.

The nature of evil is something always changing. When challenged and left along long enough evil will reform and emerge once more. The terror that Sousuke had torn asunder with his mind would see another day. The body would draw in the essence of that around it as demons would always feel corpses about be it from travelers, or other demons of various ilk. The Horror in question would drink in that essence like an Ancient. Perhaps this entity was an Ancient in its past life. The problem in all of this was that there was nothing left to speak its tongue. The spark of life was present as it was but a candle in its eyes and it drew in essence from all around. In time itself it began to recreate itself. The form that it conjured seemed human at that. It stood upon two legs and while it began to acclimate to the area it began to ponder. Humans were such a curious race, and one worth perhaps even becoming. If it could do so.

MFT 300+

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back