Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Cleansing Flame [Meeting Thread]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Deep within the Twin Mountains of Moon Country, fires could be seen from within a vast cavern. The light danced across the rain-slick precipices of the mountain paths, and while the mountain range was all but devoid of human life this night, those who wandered nearby could view the fires. However, they were no common welcoming hearth fires inviting guests to them. They were lit by the Missing-nin, Onamuji, in preparation for a fateful meeting of like-minded rogues and outcasts. Though he came alone, soon, others would come. His allies, his comrades, his brothers-in-arms. Whether for the sake of adventure, change, or glory...they would unite.

Inside the cave, a long, winding path led deep into a large chamber. An arrangement of seats were lined in a circle, with seven on the left, seven on the right, and a chair toward the back. Torches were lit, standing tall behind each seat. In the last place, at the back of the room, the Rikudo Sennin sat, his head resting upon his closed fist and his moonlit gaze staring toward the entrance...unflinching...watching. To his right was a large chest, sealed tight.

All was set for the meeting. The only thing left was the participants...

cave_zps2c1584db.jpg

[Country Entered]
[OOC: All invited members of the group, feel free to enter and take a seat. We'll begin when everyone's arrived. If it takes a while, we'll either begin without them or allow side RPs while we wait.]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Twin Mountains.

This was where their fated meeting would happen. It would be where Akechi’s role as the Avenger would begin to carve a path for the rest of the world to follow. Revenge was only but one facet of his motivations. His desires to become somewhat of a revolutionary, and a master of creation and restoration seemed to out class any of his past motivations. He wanted this for the world that he lived in. He wanted others not to have to go through the pain that he once felt, and he desired a world that would be kind enough to accept those that were different. Divisive caste systems would perish, limiting the amount of fear and prejudice that followed it, and practice of training children to be raised as mindless tools of the military would cease. That was the change that he had hoped to bring…

For Haruka…

For Ashuri…

For the Uchiha…

For the world…

”So you beat me here?” Akechi would laugh, stepping from behind the shadows in front of Onamuji with an amused look on his face. The long, winding path that led toward the middle of this deep chamber in the cavern meant that they wouldn’t be disturbed. No one would enter unless they were supposed to, or unless they really were that adventurous. Standing at the center of the circle of chairs, Akechi quickly scanned the room before taking a seat next to Onamuji. It seemed like no one else was here…

But why wasn’t his wife there?

”Good to see you, brother. Where is your wife? I was expecting to see her at your side.” The woman Koa that beckoned for Akechi to join was oddly not present. A pity, considering that Akechi really was interested in her and the otherworldly power that she possessed. It was a shame that she didn’t follow through with the words that she had spoken on that day…

Akechi just hoped that it wasn’t more than that…

After all, no obstacle would stand in his way. None at all.

”We don’t have a problem already… do we?”

[Topic Entered]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Not a problem. Not yet, anyway..."<i></i> the amethyst-eyed sage replied, still stoic and statuesque, "Simply a change in plans."<i></i>

His eyes were fixed on the path that led inward, looking off as if he was asleep with his rippled eyes open. However, he was anything but. His mind raced with all that had happened - and all that would soon happen. Koa was the nudge off the cliff, so to speak. To have her leave was a hefty blow to the group, Muji in particular. The Rikudo Sennin wasn't so sentimental as to let it break his heart or cause him to stumble, but as a strategist, it was like losing a queen in chess before the first move had been made. She could control life and death, and more than that, she was unquestionably loyal to the cause...more importantly, to him. When one intended to be the rock that stood against the tide, stability was paramount.

As it was, stability wasn't the greatest attribute of the group.

In truth, Onamuji was glad Akechi was there. The Uchiha was undoubtedly powerful, and he seemed to be quite intelligent. There was a focused rage within him, it seemed. His words at the initial gathering hinted at a strong devotion to a purpose. They were all unique individuals, each with different goals and personalities. However, as different as some of the goals may be, they all converged on one ultimate desire: to see the rotten, stagnant world they lived in be broken down and built up anew. Akechi's blood red eyes showed that he was willing to do anything it took to see his goals fulfilled - a trait Onamuji shared, and valued.

With a very slight sigh, the sage would admit, "Koa and Akkuma had a disagreement in methodology. Akkuma openly offered a Stone Guardian a place within our group, and Koa - being familiar with the Guardian and his caste - voiced disagreement with such an instantaneous welcome. They had a stand-off, it seems, and Koa chose to stay behind. She's loyal and supportive to our cause, but she'll remain in Stone. I did not push the subject or ask any further. She made a decision, and I would not kill her for it or drag her along. Forced cooperation is not cooperation at all..."<i></i>

Finally shifting in his seat, Onamuji would conclude, "We lost a member to instability before we even officially established our organization. We can't make the same mistake again. This is not a time for dueling egos and personal glory. We have far too much to accomplish for minor squabbles to tear it apart, and we cannot establish order when our own ranks are filled with chaos."<i></i>

The Rikudo Sennin looked at Akechi a moment, his Rinnegan eyes scanning the Uchiha once more with intent. Soon, the cavern hideout would be filled with a collection of some of the world's most powerful outcasts, all with their own wants and desires, but all there for the same purpose. Would they bicker and argue, as had already occurred in Stone? Or would they agree to work together for their common goal? The auburn-haired Muji worried how it would play out, but even if it boiled down to a select few rather than the number promised, he would continue onward.

"You will be vital, Akechi. You are both powerful and wise beyond your years, as an Uchiha should be,"<i></i> the sage spoke softly, almost as if meant as a secret in a room with no prying ears to listen, "I expect many of our greatest victories will be at your hands. We shall see soon enough, though, won't we?"<i></i>

With that, a sudden and playful grin formed on the sage's otherwise stoic visage.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A change of plans? That was a problem, at least in Akechi’s eyes. The woman that beckoned him to risk his life for a cause that included true global change had disappeared in an instant, scurrying back to the village that was a piece of the problem altogether. That was a problem. Perhaps, Onamuji merely wanted to satisfy his “wife” by obliging such a request but it truly wasn’t a very rational decision. It gave the aura of dissention amongst the group, and now that discord had taken a member of their loosely knit group… a founding member at that. Sure, she could be controlled but she would only be controlled as long as Onamuji remained in her good graces. What if she found someone else? What if her devotion to him had begun to diminish? A rough patch? Relationships hit those all the time. Would their group be undone by some type of lovers’ quarrel?

Honestly, Akechi didn’t want to find out but he’d also need to make some moves to ensure his own security in all this. Sure, the direction of this group of like-minded individuals coincidently coincided with a path that Akechi had carved for himself, but they weren’t instrumental in what he needed to accomplish. Allies always made things easier but they were human, and humans could be led astray. ”She left after the first disagreement in methodology?” The Uchiha repeated back the Rikudo’s words as a question, posed with a not-so-thinly-veiled tinge of annoyance in his voice. He was kind of like “really” as he listened to the excuse given on behalf of his wife. Honestly, he wasn’t much for these excuses. It was just another obstacle in his eyes… an unnecessary hindrance to his goal.

”The ultimate question is how can we bring stability to our world, if we cannot bring stability to a group of people with the same goals?” He sounded as if he were talking to himself, posing the same question as Onamuji but in different terms. After all, how could they bring stability to the world when a small group of people that wanted the same thing had been mismanaged? It was the worst possible situation. Akechi would have much rather someone had died, killed because of their stupidity than having a founder run off to their village. This situation was loathsome…

The Uchiha rose from his seat and walked toward the center of the room. ”Victories are unimportant to me.” Akechi commented. A win in a column is not what he was searching for. That type of glory was reserved the politicians of the world; stroking their egos by killing their own people for that win in the column. That wasn’t something that Akechi sought. ”The end goal is all that matters.” He sounded like some sort of extremist, willing to do any and everything to see his vision come to fruition. Maybe that was something that he and the Kages had in common, but he truly believed that his way was a better path. The Uchiha spun on his heels, the Sharingan’s gaze now fixated on Onamuji’s Rinnegan.

”We need someone to unify us, and to do whatever it takes to keep the core intact… even if that means taking the life of a friend. An organizer. A strategist. A leader…”

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Date: Saturday
Time: 8:24PM

A fair bit of time had passed since he arrived to Moon Country and met with Akechi and the others. The group more or less went their own ways shortly after meeting but it was known that they were to meet in this location around this time. Admittedly, Kagemaru was a tad early, but he could tell that Akechi was already here as well as another chakra. It was familiar and once he was within range, he knew that it was the one who wielded the Rinnegan. Perhaps this was a good chance to learn something about those eyes and verify a few theories. Making his entry, Kagemaru was sure that both the doujutsu users would realize his presence so he made no effort to conceal himself. Walking into the light and taking a seat away from yet in the middle of both Akechi and Onamuji, Kagemaru would speak.

Three of the worlds most powerful Doujutsu in one room. How bout that... Nodding to Onamuji, he would acknowledge him.

Its nice to see you again Rinnegan user. Taking a moment to remove his blindfold, Kagemaru's shining white eyes could be seen as bright as any flame within the cave. He would fold his silk blindfold a few times before placing it into a pocket that was within his left sleeve. A hidden pocket which was one of many that housed his shinobi tools. Kagemaru didn't carry much so this was also an effective way of concealing items.

This meeting couldn't have taken place somewhere above ground? I just spent the last 5 years of my life in a cave. Not the best thing you'd want to relive. If they believed him or not, Kagemaru was actually telling the truth. He was trapped in some form of prison for the last few years of his life and was only recently released for an unknown reason. Ironically enough it was just days before he'd met these two.

But anyway... from what I could tell while I was making my way in here, you guys have a recruitment issue already. I'm honestly not surprised. Leaning back in his position, Kagemaru was projecting an air of comfortability and confidence. This was key as he needed to assert that he was just as strong as either of them. Looking to Akechi, Kagemaru would begin again.

Its all fine and dandy to be willing to go the extra mile for your goals. But I was a tad slow to the last meeting so can I get the detailed version on what it is you're going the extra mile for? At least before everyone else shows up. He wanted a more clearer version of the plan that they semi-revealed to him when he first met them. As far as he knew, they wanted to restructure the current shinobi world's power structure. Which meant ushering in a new regime. But that couldn't be as simple as they made it seem. Even though the three of them combined were probably powerful enough to lay waste to a shinobi village given the correct tactics, however, simply laying siege would not ensure a lasting reign over any particular area. Kagemaru was not a pen, he was a sword, but he understood and respected the power of the pen. It was early to make any assumptions, but perhaps some form of diplomacy would be in order first. Even if it was the underhanded kind. But open fighting was unlikely to accomplish the desired results. At least not from what he knew so far.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akechi's words inspired a smile in Onamuji. If he wasn't so sure he had no family at all, the sage would almost be certain that he and the Uchiha were related. Although, rumors abound liked to link the Sharingan and Byakugan to the Rinnegan. Perhaps, in a time lost to records, they really were related - or even derived from the same clan. It was hard to say. What could be said, was that the Uchiha's insight was spot on. Without so much as a nudge, they came to the same conclusion.

Back when he and Koa first decided to embark upon the path of revolution, Muji hoped that all could be done as equals - no king, no Kage, no patriarch. With Koa's departure, and the minor setbacks already falling through, it became clear that this was not possible. To maintain order and direction, there had to be a solitary person to keep the group together. As Akechi said, a strategist, an organizer, and a leader. This was no barbarian tribe, and strength alone wasn't what held a civilization together and allowed them to achieve great things. It was foresight and wisdom.

"In a peaceful world, princes and daimyo aren't entirely necessary. In a time of war...a chain of command is necessary to prevent decay and chaos,"<i></i> the sage admitted, "The various Kage of the Hidden Villages took their power from claimed divine right or a perceived war. With this power, which of their villages has flourished? The Sunahoshi who once ruled as Kazekage are now all but extinct, the land rebels against the Sunans, and they are forced to live away from the light like mice. Kirigakure has frozen over, the once lush land filled with giant trees now a wasteland of ice and snow. Konohagakure, one of history's proudest villages, is utterly destroyed, its people scattered to the winds."<i></i>

Raising an eyebrow, the Rikudo Sennin asked rhetorically, "By what right do they rule now? The world is falling into chaos and decay, and all they do is linger on, and decay along with it. It is their charge to maintain order and prosperity within their village and country, yet the world dies a little more each day."<i></i>

"My Hyuuga friend, what we're trying to accomplish is nothing short of a world revolution. We are the outcasts and the independent thinkers, the free warriors and the open-minded. We are those who will not sit back and watch the world crumble, we are the ones who will risk everything to change it,"<i></i> Muji explained, looking into the white Byakugan with his own amethyst doujutsu, "We meet in a hidden cavern now, but not for long. Once our numbers are gathered here, and all is made clear, we will begin. And soon enough, we won't be hiding any longer..."<i></i>

He admired the Hyuuga's ability to remain calm and direct. The more insecure individuals of the world would feel threatened or dislike it, but Muji valued such a straightforward nature. The details of what Kagemaru asked about, however, was best delved into later. It was a touchy subject, of course. The auburn-haired strategist didn't want to give all the surprises away so soon, especially with everyone still on their way. However, one thing was better mentioned beforehand...

Looking toward Akechi, Onamuji said, "This started when I turned away from my past life, and I'm willing to see this through to the end. However, this isn't just my dream. There is no room for selfishness or egotism, and rank and caste mean nothing within our number. Every person, no matter what their intention or personal desire, is equal in the risk this will bring. But we will, just as you said, need a leader. During this war to come, I feel I can be that leader. Not out of powerlust or personal want, but because I'm willing to finish this and use every resource at our disposal, myself included, to achieve the end we're all willing to risk our lives for. More importantly, I don't intend to be a king, or a Kage...and when we achieve this dream and the world is made anew, such things will no longer be required."<i></i>

"Would you support me in this role, or do you have other designs?"<i></i> the sage asked bluntly. His voice was calm as ever, and there was not even a hint of malice or threat. Were he a despot or power mad, this would be the time for it, but it was notably missing. It would seem that, before all else were to take place, the Rikudo Sennin wanted to gauge the Uchiha's thoughts.

He was all the things that their leadership would require. He was one of Sunagakure's greatest strategists, his plans were already underway, but there was one requisite to leadership that wasn't a natural trait or a learned discipline: support. Clashing egos, differing motives, conflicting paths...all these things were a death sentence to a movement. However, this - as it was said - was not a barbarian clan. If there wasn't a clear choice, they could settle it in the way of the new world, by selecting one through the majority decision of the group.

[OOC: Rambly!]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Fitting that the tracker would be the first to arrive…” Akechi commented, seemingly not counting Onamuji or himself amongst the other shinobi that would be joining them. To be honest, he hadn’t even realized that he had done it but Akechi did see himself as one of the founders. There was a particular goal that he needed to guide this group toward, and he needed to ensure the completion of these goals. Change was what this world needed. The current iteration of the world simply wasn’t prepared or equipped to handle methodologies that involved peace. No, that ideology was too farfetched for the hooligans in this world to understand. ”I’m glad you could make it, Kagemaru-san. My apologies on our meeting spot. It just seemed like the most rational spot, given how new we are to this area and the topic of conversation. Can’t really take any chances these days.” Unnecessary risks were just that, and they couldn’t afford to have any more of those. Especially not after Akkuma and Koa’s relationship disintegrated as quickly as it had began…

”Recruitment will be addressed shortly… though the person that needed to hear it most is not present.” Yeah. Akkuma’s ass. Onamuji’s wife seemed to truly despise what he did, meaning that he didn’t run any of his decisions through anyone before he committed to them. The Uchiha believed that the need to designate a leader would be rather archaic. Such titles were superfluous in the grand scheme of things as they had a goal to govern them by, however, a situation like this made that belief nothing more than a pipe dream. There needed to be clearly defined roles, and it needed to start with the three that Akechi had mentioned.

”I agree,” Akechi responded, agreeing with the suggestion of Onamuji being the leader of the group. Sure, the Uchiha may have had the aptitude to be a leader but he wasn’t ready yet. A leader was dependable. He had to be the rock of the group, the immovable object that held the group steady when things went awry. Akechi didn’t have that ability. He couldn’t even handle the needs of two women that he attempted to help. His clan had perished and he was helpless to stop it. Akechi had failed time and time again. He didn’t deserve such a title, nor did he suggest that he should be considered for such. ”I’ll support you in such a role. All that needs to be done is for you to designate specific roles for certain individuals. After all, we can’t allow another mishap.” That didn’t mean that he wouldn’t keep Onamuji straight. That was his job. He’d make sure that Onamuji stayed focused on the task at hand, and make sure that he had all of the support he needed.

”If you trust him, perhaps you should allow Kagemaru to be your strategist. After all, he is the omniscient of the group. He sees every thing. Right, Kagemaru-san?”

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Time: 8:27PM

Of course! You guys haven't gotten a chance to witness my skills. I figured I could show off a -little- bit. He said in response to Akechi's comment about him arriving first. Then the conversation went quickly into more serious matters. All of which Kagemaru simply took in and analyzed what was said. As Onamuji told him their goal, he had to comment on how he saw it. They were all being frank here, so Kage would be as well.

No need to be so verbose my friend. What it boils down to, at least from my perspective is that you disagree with how the world is, so you want to change it. From the looks of it, you have the strength of power and will to do so. The three of us alone in this room could bring ruin to a village if done correctly. So you dream is within reach. Taking a breath and leaning back in his seat, Kage would continue.

However, while thats fine for you. I'm here out of pure curiosity. As far as your ideals and goals go, I only know one other person from my village that is still alive that I care about. What the world is like stopped being a concern of mine once Leaf fell. While yes, I'm a free man now due to it, I had pledged myself to that village. The village no longer exists and over half my life now amounts to very little. I am a sharpened tool that doesn't mind being used so long as I'm sufficiently paid for services rendered. You may not see money as a proper intensive but its a lot more tangible then blind faith and loyalty. He was sure that this would strike a certain cord with them. Kagemaru, however, was being honest. He didn't care for the world order or changing it. If he wasn't a part of this group, they would still be able to complete their mission and if that happened Kage would have been just another faceless pedestrian watching the world change once more. However, he was here. He had a front seat to a possible new world order. But he was currently comfortable being on the side lines of the action. Essentially warming the bench so to speak.

But what I can assure you is that I will assign my full strength and cooperation so long as I'm employed. If strategy is what you believe I'm good at - which by the way is a very astute observation because its true - I will devote all my being into being the best one I can be for your cause. My word is the only thing I have to validate my actions so you'll simply have to trust me. I'll give you this one as a freebie... He then sat up in his seat and began glaring at Onamuji and Akechi.

Stop recruiting. Period. The way you are all going about it is horrendous. The way -I- was recruited could have been entirely detrimental to your plans. Not only could I have sought all of you out individually, but I could have killed each of you. Perhaps that sounds a bit boastful but we can all see chakra here. We're all near equals in strength. There would be no clear victor if any of us were to fight to the death 1 on 1 right now. So for this example, assume that I'd win. Your whole plan dead in the water because you don't know me. This can be said for any recruit that is granted entry here without the proper checks. Simply saying the right words together should NOT be what grants one entry into this group. We must be much more careful in who is allowed to partake here because when you play the game of thrones, you either win or you die. And I'm pretty sure none of us here are fond of dying. From this point on... a thorough check of whomever we may want to recruit should be done. To make sure that they are at LEAST... not spying on us to do what I was trained to do. Intelligence was my previous profession and Counter Intelligence is a natural counterpart to that. Granted, that particular snipit should be saved for when everyone is here... but luckily for us, I've been recording this conversation since I walked into the cave. Kagemaru had indeed been recording this meeting with Snapshot. He planned to show it later as proof of his intelligence gathering skills. But it would also prove to expedite the means of catching up those who were late to arrive to this meeting. Which seemed like everyone aside from the current three doujutsu users.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Onamuji rubbed his temple with the fingertips of his right hand, obviously frustrated. His Rinnegan eyes rolled, though it was all but unnoticeable given their pupil-less appearance. It wasn't that he disagreed with or disrespected Kagemaru's suggestion, or his critique, it was the opposite. The Rikudo Sennin wholeheartedly agreed.

With a slight sigh, Muji replied, "The sentiment is shared. This was started with a chance meeting. We gauged each other, weighed our intentions, and joined forces outside of Iwagakure to begin this path toward change. I saw my potential allies, and judged them accordingly before agreeing to associate with them, Akechi included. Now, however, it seems that there's a bit of inflation that has occurred. Strangers are branded like cattle and welcomed into our ranks, devoid of any prior choice or discussion, I hear..."<i></i>

From Koa. The woman who was to be his closest supporter and greatest asset left the group for the very reason Muji detailed. She was a powerful Med-nin, and utterly devoted to Onamuji and his goals. Her power over life and death would've made the Rikudo Sennin immortal in all the ways he wasn't already, and he had cleansed her of her dark chakra and helped her gain strength in order to ensure it. Now, all that was lost, simply because of disorganization and a lack of boundaries. Akkuma, without discussion or prior thought, had branded a Stone Guardian with a Cursed Seal and offered to let him into the group. Koa took issue with this, seeing it as an unnecessary risk. Though the sage considered it a moot point and a closed issue unworthy of dredging up or condemning, deep in his mind, he agreed with his former partner. To brand people like livestock without so much as giving them a choice and divulging the existence of the group to figures of local authority was reckless and unacceptable. Clearly, the story had spread, and others agreed. And if the story hadn't spread, all the worse, as that meant it was plain to see...

"This was a practice of a single individual, not a decision of the group to be judged. Now that we are gathering together and becoming a united front, there will be order, and such recklessness will be judged by the collective wisdom of our members. We have suffered from a lack thereof, but this will be remedied,"<i></i> Onamuji assured him, "I'll work with some of our more trusted founders to consider missions and tests to weigh the value and loyalty of our more...unfamiliar faces. Any spies will be dealt with accordingly, and anyone unfit or unwilling to continue will be removed or repurposed. While secrecy is our ally during our infancy, notoriety and truth will soon become our ally."<i></i>

In truth, the sage expected spies to be present at the meeting. Rumors of the group no doubt spread already, as Koa returned to Stone and potential members were coming from various places across the mainland. If action was taking place so far widespread, it stood to reason that word of it did, as well. Villages based on the art of spying and assassination wouldn't exactly be odd for sending spies and assassins to a perceived threat. These spies would be present, accepted...allowed to hear of what was to come. They would be made use of, for a time, until either allowed to leave or made examples of. Whichever was more suitable, of course...

"As an experienced intelligence officer, you'll be very valuable, Kagemaru. And your services will be rewarded. I trust that, given your talents, you would be a prime candidate for helping weed out the more questionable assets...as well as helping discern those worthy of acceptance. In the coming days, I imagine I'll be speaking with you often," the auburn-haired man noted, giving the Hyuuga a nod of approval. The sage wasn't familiar with the man, and had no real reason to trust him aside from his straightforward, no-nonsense attitude. However, his supposed insight would be valuable for the group. Muji was a prime strategist, and a decisive leader, but even the sage-kings of old relied on advisors and captains to provide added knowledge and other viewpoints. No man was perfect, no matter what their bloodline or abilities.

As he had said...all people in the soon-to-be-formed organization were equal in his Rinnegan eyes. Each had their merits, their flaws, and their roles in achieving their combined goal.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akechi just listened to the two of them speak. There really wasn’t much to say as the Uchiha paced around the room. It wasn’t like he was anxious or anything like that. Sure, he was getting a little bit impatient but the conversation between the other doujutsu users was simply stepping a bit out of context. Instead of being constructive, they had begun to denigrate into bashing another of their group. Akkuma’s decision to induct members of the group without consultation was foolish, but the situation was entirely controllable. After all, no one had been put through trials and their plans hadn’t been revealed… at least not as far as Akechi knew. Who knew what Koa was doing inside of Iwagakure? Or what Akkuma was doing on the outskirts of the Earth Country? Those two seemed to be the biggest problem…

Not the unofficial recruiting period that they had gone through…

”Fortune favors the bold, Kagemaru. I assure you that each step was as calculated as the next. That’s why no real details have been given out, just alluded to. Honestly, I expect spies. No plan is foolproof, which is why I suggested a strategist.” Akechi spoke, stopping in his tracks as he turned toward Kagemaru. ”You are in charge of properly ‘vetting’ everyone then, I’ll handle this ‘firm’s’ strategy. It’s my specialty anyways.” It was ONE of his many specialties anyways. Akechi simply didn’t trust someone like Kagemaru to truly be able to “vet” anyone. Not that he didn’t possess the ability or anything, but because the man simply wasn’t loyal. He was chasing money. Money that was sure to come, but it was a vice that caused the current state of the world.

”Speaking of Akkuma. Have you heard from him, Onamuji-san?” Akechi asked, wondering just where the man was.

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Time: 8:29PM

Fortune favors the bold, but Lady Luck can be a real bitch some times. He could tell, or at least he decided to believe, that Akechi was simply covering for the mistakes of Akkuma in an attempt to save face. He'd let it go with little more then a smirk as he continued to playfully swivel in his chair. Onamuji sympathized with Kagemaru's words, however, Akechi seemed to feel different. This was probably due to the fact that he didn't trust the Hyuuga. This was to be expected as Kagemaru wouldn't trust himself either if he were in Akechi's shoes. While it was true, he was there for money, there simply was no other reason he had to help. He didn't particularly care for their goal so why risk his life for them? When talking of revolutions, that often meant conflict and one needed a reason to go into conflict where one could potentially die. Kage didn't feel strongly enough either way for their goal so the next best thing was money. Money spoke volumes and luckily for them, Kagemaru was a man of his word. He would do the job he was paid to do.

Better yet... you'd probably be best suited for vetting any recruits. As you probably already know, the sharingan has a nifty little lie detector. Its a lot easier to use then any information gathering techniques I know. He was alluding to the Hypnotic Suggestion technique that pretty much every Uchiha that possessed the Sharingan seemed to possess.

Not that I can't do it. But I'm pretty sure the results produced using your eyes would be much more accurate then what I'd produce with my own. Even the Byakugan can't 100% accurately see a lie. As much as he believed in the power of his eyes, there were some things that others simply did better. Inuzukas were nearly as good as he was at tracking. Simply because smell was often more potent then what you could physically see. Fortunately for him, he could see well above average to an almost god like level, but his point was hopefully still caught. The Sharingan was better equipped to handle an interrogation then he could ever hope to be. He did what he could, but it was like arguing skill vs natural talent. A skilled individual may be good at something, but if someone is naturally talented in the same field AND they are skilled, then the clear victor is the one who is naturally talented.

Overall, I feel that my particular talents would be better used for information gathering on various levels, counter surveillance, and battle strategy. Speaking of strategy, I don't expect that we'll be walking around in a flock. While having a small army at the ready at all times is powerful, depending on our numbers, perhaps smaller cells of 2 to 3 units would suffice. It would expedite whatever it is we'd be doing while keeping each other relatively safe. Yanno... the buddy system.[/size=85] While he was entirely serious with what he was saying, his attitude may have been coming off as either childish or not very serious. At this point, he was beginning to forget that he was troubled by the strength of the two in front of him and in a way, was believing his own lie. While Kagemaru was loyal when he said he would be loyal, he was a liar. Lies were what kept him alive but never did he tell simple enough lies that would come back and bite him. His lies always had purpose or were salted with just enough truth to where the lie was absolutely unable to be discerned. That was what he told himself and after years of doing it, it was second nature. Omitting the truth was just as much a lie as anything else.[/size]

So... I fear that the others may have forgotten about this meeting. Perhaps we should discuss what the actual plan is and I'll just replay the video for them if and when they arrive? Unless you guys wanna tell me what kinda fighting techniques you use. I feel like thats important information to know in case we wind up fighting alongside each other. Or against. Kagemaru meant that statement both ways, but presented it in the way that was more likely to net results. If they told him how they fought, he could have an edge in battle against them. Assuming they told the truth. However, it was also possible that they would be fighting alongside each other in battle. Teamwork was key to victory and if the teammates knew not of how their team worked, then they were dead in the water. They were smart enough to see both sides of the coin, but hopefully they would favor the side of teamwork over betrayal. Kagemaru benefited either way. Choosing not to share at all was also a possibility, but he was hoping that they were both smart enough to take the bait.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"We'll discern the abilities of our members and generate squads based on efficiency and roles,"<i></i> the sage responded, speaking in line with the talk about teams within the team, "In time, I imagine we'll be viewed as a global threat to the villages, whether we act as such or not. They may try to isolate and neutralize our members. I'd like to place our members in numbers that allow discretion and efficiency without sacrificing survivability, after all."<i></i>

Most squad structures from the villages he was familiar with used three to four person groups. However, they weren't your common Chuunin or village representatives with regulations and restrictions looking for a lost cat. They were lost and outcast shinobi, living a life of danger and death. There were no walls to protect them, no village laws to watch over them and ward off predators. They fended for themselves, and they survived this far on strength and cunning, whatever the individual case may be. It was likely that, depending on the members, two or three person cells would be best. However, Muji wouldn't go in depth yet.

"We'll wait for the others to arrive. It would be a sign of disrespect to address everything in private. I feel it would create feelings of alienation or mistrust,"<i></i> the auburn-haired man decided. While progress was made, and information was gleaned between the three, they were but a part of the whole. If Muji was to stand by the basis of his promise of equality, this was the first step. All members had equal right to be involved. To hold the meeting without most of the members present was essentially hinting at an oligarchy...a select few representing the group, but without allowing the rest to have a say beforehand. This image was to be avoided at all costs, lest trust and cooperation within the group disintegrate before it was established to begin with.

But then, the Hyuuga suggested something rather interesting. A sort of poker game regarding their respective abilities to pass the time. It could be a dangerous game, of course, letting others know how you operated, but...they would be allies, one way or another. There would come a time when they would see first-hand what each were capable of, and it was hardly a secret either way.

Deciding to break the ice, the sage cleared his throat and leaned forward in his seat.

"But let's indulge each other. I imagine we'll be working together soon enough, so for the sake of strategy and proper utilization, it's best to have an idea of what we specialize in,"<i></i> Onamuji admitted, "For my part, as the heir to the bloodline of the God of Shinobi, I have a mastery over the elements. I can use ninjutsu to greater effect while using less chakra. As such, direct combat is my forté. Using ninjutsu to destroy or render foes ineffective. I'm also proficient in some genjutsu, for situations that require more...threat management, so to speak."<i></i>

Frowning just slightly, the Rikudo Sennin would note, "My inherent abilities as Rikudo Sennin are things I'd rather not utilize unless absolutely necessary. They're dark, inefficient things."<i></i>

He spoke of his Paths, and the demonic powers he could summon and control through his very essence as a higher being. They weren't the most practical things, and though he wasn't so concerned about the backlash or concern they might cause, they weren't the most effective use of his resources...

Yomoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
(Ooc:correction. This one will probably be the last post until Sunday. It won't be my best due to I'm on my phone but I did want to get something written and enter the topic so I'm not holding everything up.)

Kane followed the direction in which kagemaru had told them at the coast and did fact find the cave. It took a little bit longer than planned as maneuvering as a shadow was sometimes difficult but the perks of using his dark displacement jutsu helped him stay on the down low of things and a led quicker travel than by foot. He followed the the way through the cave until eventually he found three people, kagemaru, akechi and someone who had the rinnegan. The three strongest doujutsu all in one room and from what it seemed, all on the same side. Just what in fact was the real goal here?

Kane leaned up against the wall as he emerged from his shadow jutsu and spoke "Sorry if I'm late. Was invited here by Akechi-San. My names Kane. I'm sure I will hear more about all of this when others arise. I wasn't told too much info... Just enough to make me feel like I should be here." he stayed where he was against the wall. He didn't know any of these three that well and all of them having legendary bloodlines as they do, one could never know what could happen. But alas, a new chapter begins. Out with the old and in with the new.

Rise

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((OOC: Sorry this was a quick post XD.))

The woman had followed the path through the city with her small companion while at the same time getting in some sight-seeing of the city. Perhaps she intentionally took the long way around just so she could observe the people, the landmarks and the various kind of flora that was probably specific to this region. She was even able to get Ashuri some Yakitori (skewered food) that was combined with various kinds of meat; such as chicken, pork and beef. The woman wanted Ashuri to be nice and full, after all it was like the old Hebrew saying…. ‘A plump monster makes a good healthy monster for research~’ Of course the validity of such a quote was questionable but she didn’t care, the young woman knew exactly what she was doing. Anyways, she had finally arrived at the supposed meeting spot. It was a darkly lit place, somewhere one would never think of carrying their lover unless they wanted to gut them and dispose of their body. Actually, one would feel sorry for any unsuspecting souls to “stumble” upon this meeting place as the people whom now occupied this sanctuary were more like monsters than actual human beings, as their prowess and supernatural powers were simply beyond what could even be considered normal. The figures she had seen before her was none other than the silent Onamuji, the valiant Akechi and the snide Hyuuga Kagemaru. Three dojutsu users under one roof it was highly unanticipated or was this destiny by some chance? There was also Kane but his powers still remained a mystery but she was sure if this was the supposed group Akkuma was speaking of she would get a better understanding of their abilities in due time.

“I guess we are late?”, the woman would finally announce her presence amongst them. She didn’t know what these men were talking about previously considering there was ample time since Akechi’s departure earlier. “Messy Hair-kun”, his name suddenly returned to the nickname she managed to give him from their initial meet, obviously showing she was a tad disgruntled about something. “You didn’t have to leave us behind you know. We were all going the same place. You were the one who carried us here to begin with.”

Her eyes would then divert to Onamuji once more. “Will you be more talkative this time around, Ripple-kun? or are you simply shy around me?”<i></i> She was apparently oblivious to the room's already serious atmosphere or was she simply playing the fool? Nonetheless, the woman was eagerly awaiting to hear what kind of discussions were about to progress or had already transpired.

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was absolutely tragic.

Given then the two could not up and vanish like the rest (in Ashuri's case at least; Kuda may have chose not to do so to keep her company for bonding. Wasn't that sweet?) The downside came with that, being on a long walk, something possessed the scientist into acquiring...food for the genin. While this may have been kind on the surface and sneaky beneath the Kuda's intentions, it was absolutely painful on Ashuri's side of things.
...It wasn't raw, and it certainly wasn't as...unique...as her gourmet tastes demanded. Despite that, for some insane reason, Ashuri took it upon herself to eat the yakitori, in hopes of maybe it turning out different than her previous attempts at eating normal food.

...Well...at least it tasted good. The chicken was chicken, beef being beef, and pork was pork. She was normally pastly-white in complexion, but before long Ashuri was looking pretty green; figuratively speaking of course. She could feel it in her like a pile of rocks in her gut, despite her best attempts at painstakingly chewing it down to the finest mush. She tortured herself by forcing herself not to spit it up, although the result made her feel slow and dizzy and otherwise fever-ish.

"......." So far, she had at least arrived in one piece. Which was actually a pretty big achievement, given the colorful company she had arrived here with.

[Topic Entered]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Luck is manageable as is this little situation.” Akechi retorted, grinning as he callously shrugged his shoulders. Maybe he was covering for Akkuma’s “mistake” a little bit, but this was honestly a minor mishap. The problem would sort itself out one way or another, and Akechi didn’t feel the need to dwell on the issue any longer. Either trust would be established or someone would die. That was the case, plain and simple. It was the price of a mistake, and the consequence of stupidity. Dwelling on it was an inefficient waste, especially when they could’ve been focusing their attention on the people that did decide to show up. They could deal with the two that didn’t anytime they wanted. Fuck ‘em…

At least for now…

”Nothing is 100% but I see your point,” the man laughed, returning to the seat that he had chosen once before. It seemed like Kagemaru just wanted to fulfill the role of contrarian. He literally just seemed to take whatever Akechi said, and choose to do or say the exact opposite. It was annoying and amusing at the same time. ”I guess we are back to mentioned earlier. I’ll ensure that we can trust or at least manage the people that we bring on.” That latter part was the most important part of the role that he had given to himself. After all, managing risk was the key to success, and maintaining a healthy dose of shifty individuals would become paramount to their success. They needed people willing to die for something insignificant, just as they needed people that would remain loyal to the cause despite the constant danger. It was the difference between those who were expendable and those that were vital.

”Ah. Kane-san, glad you decided to hear us out. Thank you for the opportunity,” he responded, slightly bowing his head to the man that had just walked in. Though he was a vagabond, he still did place some value in formality. ”Kuda-chan and Ashuri-chan. You are right on time!” Or something like that but at least they made it. He really shouldn’t have left them behind, but he needed to talk to Onamuji before they showed up. Akechi wanted to make sure that their more important affairs were in order before inviting the others to sit with them. There was still one loophole left to close, but it was as Akechi had mentioned before…

It was manageable…

”Sorry. I wanted survey the area. Make sure that we wouldn’t be watched. Never be too careful, Kuda-chan.” Great excuse right? Well… not really but he didn’t need to be too factual right now. The important stuff was on the way, and the playful banter was just that… banter. ”We’ll be done soon, Ashuri-chan. Promise we’ll go out to eat afterwards. I don’t know what Kuda had you eat but it looks like you are about to pass out.” He’d offer her food now but…

That’d defeat the purpose of today’s meeting.

Sekuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was having his fun, but still things needed to be done properly. As the meeting went on, the others began to show up. They took their sweet time getting there but it wasn't so bad. He got to feel out the personalities of Akechi and Onamuji. Akechi while he was high strung, he had the qualities of a leader about him. Confidence, and a willingness to overlook certain things for the sake of the greater good. Where as Ona was more of what seemed to be an idealist. More so that he was passive so long as his particular goal was reached. That was what he sensed from the two so far. Both were strong willed but Akechi seemed to favor the leadership position where as Ona seemed more akin to guiding or advising from the sidelines. A dangerous trait to have. Kage knew this because he was of a similar sort. Kagemaru liked to observe and act once a solid plan could be devised. This meant not always taking to the front lines unless you had to. Contrary to that however, Kagemaru's history showed that he preferred to work alone. Not endangering anyone with him on the off chance that his decisions weren't the best ones. He'd learned to try his best to make sound decisions, and he could understand the deviousness that came with being the one to pull the strings from the shadows. Onamuji was one to watch for.

As the others gathered, Kage noticed something interesting in the distance. Something he'd investigate.

I'll be right back. He said getting up and heading for the exit.

No worries... I don't think I'll be gone long. Since this is obviously not everyone... you guys should all take some time to get to know each other if you already don't. Mainly because Akechi and Ona have probably run out of any other form of small talk that doesn't give away too much information about the actual meeting. He was snarky, but it was all in good fun. Giving a quick smirk as he made his way towards the exit, Kage was curious just what was about to happen.

[Coming back though]​

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One gone, more coming. A net gain, as Onamuji would joke to himself in thought. Kagemaru was an interesting man, even if surprisingly outspoken. The Hyuuga seemed to be somewhat of a free spirit, more so than most. Muji knew that a collection of outcast shinobi such as himself would be...interesting, but he underestimated just how interesting they would be. The sage had taken a decidedly laissez-faire mentality to the group up until this point to accommodate that fact. To him, those who would show up and participate would do so without being forced or corralled. There was a vacuum in leadership, as he and Akechi had already discussed, and with that being a factor, there could be no order. It was acceptable, but now that they were gathering, the collection of homeless shinobi would have to gather and unite. If they didn't, the tension and inner conflict would ruin any chance at success.

Giving a smile and a nod to Akechi, the ripple-eyed man seemed pleased that the Uchiha's entourage from Stone seemed present. Turning to the puppet-girl, he offered a more human smile than usual and replied, "Be careful what you wish for, my dear."<i></i>

And with that, Onamuji looked at the collection of shinobi. It was almost time. The majority had arrived, even if Kagemaru had taken a potty break, for all intents and purposes. To his Rinnegan eyes, the dark, dimly lit room was all but glowing with chakra. Some of the most powerful individuals in the known world had gathered under one roof - or cave, as it were - for a common purpose. Soon, they would become more than outcast individuals. They would become the forefront of a brave new world, casting aside the withering roots and broken brambles of the old one.

Gesturing toward the arranged seats, the Rikudo Sennin would announce, "Thank you for attending, everyone. If you'd like, please take a seat wherever you feel most comfortable. Most of us are here, so we'll wait for the others to return before we begin the business at hand. I thank you all for your patience, and assure you...all will be made clear soon enough. Until then, please speak freely and be at ease."<i></i>

[OOC: Sorry. Meh post, but we're waiting on the others one way or another, so I'm just setting us up. One more go-around to give them time to return and we'll begin no matter what, unless anyone has any objections. I don't want to make you all wait any longer than necessary.]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was simple enough for Koa to find her beloved, the one she owed her heart and life to, Onamuji. They shared many similarities but none more so than their chakra, which was now shared by the two bodies. They were both divine creatures in their own right, much like how every human on this planet was divine and just, although there was one exception to such beauty and that was the evil of Akkuma. The demon sage known as Miroku Akkuma had done too much, so much so that Koa had escaped from her village a second time just to reach her husband and warn him again to cease relations with this creature for their agenda was at risk. Koa, flowing through the cavern as she dashed in white sandals, complimented by this delightfully silky cream dress; a vision of what a Light Sage should be. "Please, wait for me." She would usher from her quivering lips, fearful that something dreadful might have happened to her husband. Even though she could clearly feel his presence, there was this unnatural worry that encumbered her spirit quite heavily.

On approach, the group of people would see Koa leaping down from a height and landing softly on her feet, gracefully even. There was a definite huff and puff that came before any words, "Muji!" She squeezed one named out from under her breath, arching her body over with both hands clutched onto her kneecaps. "I've returned from Iwagakure. I couldn't rest-" Koa would raise her head and come to realise that this was the meeting of the missing-nin. It was very strange to think that these people all gathered from that one night where Koa and Onamuji bedded each other and birthed this organization, or soon to be organization, into the world. "My friends," She would say with a heartfelt smile as she rose into a formal stance with one hand placed over her heart as a single strand fell from her hair; which was neatly nested into a brunette bun. "I am Onamuji's wife, I am so very glad you all could join us, and I am deeply sorry for my lateness. I had to attend to some things in Iwagakure, where actions don't speak loud enough compared to my words." What did the former chief mean? Well, Akkuma had ruined his relationship with Koa in a single night. This would be explained.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, husband."

The former chief would notice Akechi and bow her head honourably with a smile, "I have returned because of Miroku Akkuma. Brothers, sisters... We have gathered here to change the world for the better, to end the cycle - this world is unfit for those who garden themselves with lies, those who hide behind village gates." She would say passionately, fully devoted to the cause and her husband, "Akkuma, a member of our collective, is the symbol of what we are attempting to eliminate. He attacked me during a meeting in Earth Country after he branded a Stone Guardian with a Cursed Seal, Kurayo. This man was my friend but a Guardian nevertheless and so I had to get rid of him. Akkuma prevented me from doing this, attacked me, and threatened my life."

"This creature is poison to our bodies and we cannot have him take part in our activities. I'm asking you, emploring you all, to help me eliminate this poison so that we may go forth and cleanse this world."

[Topic Entered. Hi guys! :D]
<i></i>

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
The echoed sounds of clapping could be heard from one of the high ledges of the cavern Akkuma steeped fourth from the void the sound of his mock applause resounding around the cavern. Those crimson red eyes swept over the group below resting on Koa a deep look of rage blazed within his eyes. "Onamuji is the stability of one woman who became instantly infatuated with the man who took her virginity a viable source for such judgements?" a calm expression upon his face as he spoke these words. "Your wife...our so called ally gave no chance to reasoning. In her rage at the Guardians arrival she launched a simultaneous attack against Kurayo and myself. Now I don't quite frankly I don't care how unstable she is so long as you can keep her in line with her obsession of you...I do however object to being branded a traitor. By a woman who would attack one of her allies without hesitation, so easily come to conclusions and judgements founded in such hysterical emotional states as she was. Your lovely Koa was surrounded by three stone nin which if not for my swift intervention and prior contact with these shinobi I was able to distract them...lure them away however you wish to word it." he would say in that calm entrancingly dark voice of his.

The void stayed upon behind him and another presence would be felt Akkuma had brought with him an old friend who was yet another reaper. "Also I don't appreciate having my conviction questioned by this bitch, when she had the audacity to turn tail so quickly. Just because she came back does not excuse the fact she abandoned this mission after a petty disagreement in the grand scheme of things. Yet I'm the fool?" he would ask the last question with contempt in his voice. Those crimson eyes burned with passion "She is the fool yet I would ask the groups opinion on things, yet first let's see what has come of that encounter in stone? Do the Guardians of Stone come for us?" he tilted his head as if listening for footsteps "...no? How strange...it's almost as if no consequences come from that encounter. Oh wait there was one...Koa's lack of conviction was shown. And before you make any statements the only evidence of her conviction coming back is that Onamuji must be good in bed, but what would a virgin know? All vulgar attacks at each other aside one thing is clear, the two of us will be unable to work together. I believe it would perhaps be best if I worked away from the group doing my own agenda. Perhaps when you find tasks that the group...." he would pause as if trying to find the right word.

"...deems me capable of dealing with. Seeing as apparently my skills at recruiting are not as refined as some would like." he would say casually as he stood there from his perch. After all that had been done all they wished to work for and yet here was the first obstacle Akkuma wondered what the group would decide. "So what is the groups thoughts on this matter? Who thinks that maybe I'm not entirely in the wrong here? I mean I can accept that I may have been over zealous...but really a poison to the groups bodies and agenda? Where does one find logic such as this?" he would ask those deep crimson eyes moving slowly amongst the group holding each of them in his gaze. He would bring this to the collective as all matters had to be, he just wondered how many of those he had brought into the encounter would hear the logic on his words.

"Not once have I hidden my nature from this group I've been honest from the start even accepting that the world we aim for had no place for men like me. Yet I can't dream of such a world? Do you think I would risk my clan so easily when I've fought my whole life to keep them safe? First from my own village, then the dangers of the waste...I want a world my clan can be proud they played a part in creating." he would say that devilishly sinister smile upon his face. The demon had a great many points, granted he could have possessed more tact with what he had said. Then again Onamuji had told the group to speak freely but perhaps he didn't think Koa and himself would arrive at such perfectly I'll timed moments.

MFT
Topic Entered

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back