Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Great Train Robbery [Mission]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke stood an imposing 6'8 in his gleaming silver armour. To his side were the twin blades Perdition's Arrival and Thunder Talon. Neither of the blades were ignited yet. They remained to be simple looking long swords. Sousuke's armour itself while imposing by height was imposing in design as well. The helmet sported a pair of antlers The Steward was deep within the armour and was already plotting things out in his head. Today's objective was not a typical caravan. It was a train. Trains moved and moved quickly. The armoured man would be wearing a backpack and what was in it? Well, that would be found out soon enough. "Promise me one more time you will obey my instructions to the letter."<i></i> Sousuke would turn to his side to look at his companion his ward Teke. This was an exceedingly dangerous mission, but he needed her word that she would obey him. He would look down, considering he was the taller one in all of this. The eye slots in the helmet would glow green as he was letting her know he was awaiting an answer from her.

Sousuke once given the answer would proceed with his plan. He would approach the tracks. He would place his index and middle finger on his forehead. The tracks would begin to lift up and behind to disassemble. His plan would be to change the direction of the train. He had time to do this, the train had ten minutes to arrive. Sousuke would begin to move the tracks using his mind power. This was perhaps one of the first times he was using his mental power set this extensively. He would then begin to have the tracks land and assemble themselves and forming a new path. The ultimate plan here was to have the tracks form a circular pattern. Sousuke was going to have the train go around and around in a circle making sure it went practically nowhere. Unfortunately the plan was going to be flawed, as Sousuke was not able to get data on how big the train was going to be or how many carts there were going to be.

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Teke simply rolled her eyes in response to the large, tinman's constant nagging. She herself was fully decked out for this mission, wearing the suit Sousuke had in fact made for her and what she had affectionately called her "Sneaking Suit" though the loud colors would not give you any hope that she could use it to help sneak. It was more a case of it acting like a second, tighter skin and making her muscles and joints easier to control and with more of a pinpoint accuracy. "You know, Silver is a decent conductor of electricity, so please don't ask me again." She said with a groan, clearly only half joking. The low drone in the back of her mind still plagued her, hopefully being able to let loose and fry some meat targets would satiate that, she'd certainly know by the end of the day.

She would stand back a little as her fathers' large form started to bend the metal tracks of the railroad into what seemed to be a large loop. "Make sure we have a wide turning circle, the last thing we need is to get dizzy, or have bad guys and hostages throwing up all over us." She stated with her arms folded over her stomach, her golden eyes watching very carefully, for both the train and just on the metallic manipulation. She was fairly certain her abilities wouldn't manifest in that manner as everything her body seemed to do was extremely destructive so far, but it didn't hurt to learn a little.

Teke had managed to get a good amount of sleep, even with the sudden timing of the mission being placed at her feet. She was very excited to get this thing started, she'd be able to show off her skills to her father and be able to see him in action at the same time, not too many people probably get the chance to fight alongside a literal legend so she was eager to impress.

[WC - 334]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Bolts of magnetic current spiraling around his body, Katsuo crouched low and leaped into the air as he flew off the edge of a sand dune with particles of sand flying all around him. Floating in the air for a moment due to the reduced effect of his own weight, Katsuo began to fall and as he did he tensed his leg muscles and created a cushion of magnetic chakra beneath him allowing for a safe landing at the foot of the large dune that he'd surfed off of just a moment ago. He'd only discovered that he could do this a few days ago but since then "sand surfing" had become a favorite relaxation activity for him. By manipulating his body's weight with earth chakra and running a current of magnetic chakra beneath his feet Katsuo had discovered that he could propel himself at great speed across the surface of the desert not unlike one might ride across the surface of the water on a surfboard even though he didn't need a board to maintain this particular activity.

He'd seen the mission approval request come across his desk and immediately Katsuo had jumped to join the mission but he'd missed the opportunity to join Sousuke and Teke at the gates before they left due to interference from his executive assistant Shizune who insisted that he see to a number of tasks before he rushed out the door to "go play hero" as she liked to call it. Shizune was always on his case because he preferred to spend his time doing things like helping out construction efforts in the city and taking missions like a normal level shinobi and that annoyed her to no end. It wasn't because she didn't think those things had value or weren't important but they weren't tasks that,
in her opinion, were up to the level which required the personal attention from the Kazekage-- a point that Katsuo and Shizune disagreed with on vehemently.

For all of her fixations on his paperwork and protocol, Katsuo found himself liking Shizune more and more as time went on even though she could grind his nerves from time to time. Her heart was certainly in the right place and she had passion for what she thought was best for the village. That sort of drive and conviction wasn't terribly common and Katsuo couldn't help but admire that in her. Still, even though she had been adamant that he not join in on Sousuke's train job escapade, the white-haired assistant couldn't watch the Kazekage from dusk till dawn and as soon as she'd left to get them some coffee he'd bailed out through one of the rather tremendous windows in his office which, given Katsuo's predilection for gravity and magnetic elements, had not been a terribly hard task for him. Wiping the sweat from his brow, Katsuo turned and took off running for a few paces before leaping forward and catapulting himself forward on another stretch of sand surfing with a shower of golden sparks and a trail of fused fulgurite behind him in his wake.

He recalled pretty clearly where Sousuke had proposed to intercept the train on the tracks and given Sousuke's penchant for being extremely precise in his planning it was unlikely that the man would have changed locations without a good reason and so it wasn't long before he spotted them on the horizon and raced up to their location, leaping off of his surfing technique and into a sprint several paces away from where they were standing before he came to a stop with his hand up.

"Yo." Was all he said with a wide grin as he came to a stop near the two other shinobi, decked out in their combat gear. For his part Katsuo was wearing very little protective gear-- a pair of hakama tied off near the shins, a pair of sandals and no shirt at all causing sweat to run freely and drip down the exposed flesh of his broad shoulders and finely sculpted muscular structure. Perhaps the only protective gear he was wearing at all was a pair of large, dark sunglasses on his face and, of course, the silver and black sword Tatsumasa hung at his waist.
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZjSrW4p7r8]BGM[/url]]"]
yU3IAAO.png

Sunahoshi Katsuo - The Last Sunahoshi
dwbW8t.png
[/legend][/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The metal tracks would continue to move and interlock as Sousuke continued to use his psionic abilities to make the necessary adjustments. There were slight adjustments here and there when he was making the movements. He was taking into consideration the prospect that the train was that much larger. "Takahashi Fireforged Steel is silver in colour, but it is not actually silver. I've only asked you maybe three? Four times? No less than five. If and when you do have children you'll be telling them the same thing a few times. My father's sister told him what to do in absence of his father, and my father told me about a singular concept multiple times, and so I will do so unto you."<i></i> He would pause for a moment. "I think one calls this thing parenting."<i></i> He would end the discussion on that matter. Seemingly Sousuke would blink. There would be a flicker of his glowing green eyes within the helmet. "Strange."<i></i>

The creaking and groaning of metal continued as he was bending it. A voice would come over the communications. "Train left the station about twenty-five minutes ago. ETA is in five."<i></i> Masashi Mako, Sousuke's grandmother would pipe in. "Couldn't find the driver. He was not making a show of himself or herself. There are ten cars. Oddly one of them is a luxury car. The thing pulling everything is a bit fancy. Just a bit. I suspect the slaves are in the shoddier looking ones advertising food supplies."<i></i> Sousuke was doing the math in his head. The train was going to be coming, the trick was to get on it, and then to have the circle complete itself. "Teke, little word of advice - if you can see the enemy, they can most likely see you. Mako out."<i></i>

Sousuke took in what Teke had said, "Correct. The train is going to be slightly larger than anticipated. If the train tips over it'll draw far more attention than it being late. If the train tips over too it'll be difficult to transport and move slaves."<i></i> Sousuke continued his work of making the circle. Eventually it would come to an end. "I've reached my limit in terms of distance. I need visual and some form of proximity. We're going to have to get on the train now. I'm going to need time to complete the full circle, which means I'm going to need time to focus on completing the rest of it."<i></i> He rules out loud. He was making the calculations in his mind. "I need a minimum of one hundred meters to safely work with to make further adjustments. The enemy will most likely increase the speed, so that will mean I will have to work with seventy-five then... if I'm hard pressed then. We're going to have issues if I'm working with twenty-five or less."<i></i> He nodded his head, and tilted it slightly. "I would also like to avoid air projectiles... being hurled at his from the innards of others."<i></i>
Theme

By this time they were joined by Katuso who greeted them with a simple 'Yo'. Katsuo's lack of armour caused Sousuke to look down at himself. Katuso and Sousuke was very much opposites. Then again the two of them were polar opposites in some regards. "Salutations."<i></i> He looked at Teke, then Katuso, and then back to Teke. "No introductions are required here."<i></i> Following that the sounds of the train was coming. The sounds of metal grinding, and the hooting of the locomotive. The locomotive in question carried with it a regal look as it was black and gold in colour and quite large. It screamed vanity and was perhaps a testament to the coffers of the Daimyo. White smoke raised from the stack. Sousuke would kneel for Teke to wrap her arms around his neck. Once she had done so he would take a few steps back. "Our ride has arrived on time. Let's make it fashionably late."<i></i> Was Sousuke doing things the hard way? Well. Yes and no. Sousuke would then take off in a sprint and would hurl himself at the train. His mind was a buzz with calculations. He went airborn and watched as the train cars passed him by. While the train itself was rich looking, the cars on the other hand looked shabby and in poor conditions. As Mako had mentioned there were advertisements for food stuffs. Curiously as Sousuke was airborn he would see one other car that looked out of place. It carried on it an advertisement 'Stand As One Against the Shinobi Threat'. This car was in the middle of the pack. Sousuke with Teke would land on the caboose. He would again kneel for Teke to get off.

There were ten cars to the train, plus the steam locomotive. For the time being this was a covert mission. Would they attract attention? Yes. That was going to be a time of Sousuke's choosing.

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
She'd certainly been picked up by a father who had a way with words. She didn't dislike that most of the time but he could ramble on about things that just made zero sense to her. "Hey, Daughter as I may be. This is still an official mission and I am perfectly capable of taking orders as long, as they aren't dumb of course." She would give him a sideways glance as if simply implying that she wasn't about to jump into deep, dark pit at a words notice. "I also find it cute that you think I'd ever have kids. Do you really want more, smaller, less intelligent Tekes running around the village? I know I don't." She explained bluntly, she truly had never even considered becoming a mother before and as far as she was concerned it would never be a reality, her lack of romantic feeling toward just about anyone despite her age was a testament to that.

Shortly after her little hate speech on reproduction a voice crackled into her ear via the headset that she'd honestly forgotten all about, it was a relatively new piece of equipment for her and she needed to learn to use it. Listening in she would again be a little lost, if only because outside of the basic outline of the mission she didn't really know who else was involved in this other than herself, Sousuke, some hostages and some meat bags. "To be fair, if the enemy can see me, it's already too late for them." She chuckled, sticking out her tongue. "But really, if I don't want to be seen, I won't be. I learned enough at the academy." She would add to the end, though still didn't really know who she was talking to. There was also a little bit more calculation babble going on but she made sense of some of it enough to know tipping the train would be very bad for all involved.

Katsuos' joining was a little bit more toward the confusion of just who else was in on this mission. Though she got the feeling he was just here to be here as Sousuke wouldn't have not told her another physical person was joining. She gave the half nude man a nod as a greeting before speaking. "Just couldn't keep away, huh? I already told you, you're not my type!" She chuckled once again, staying sassy and smiling was the only thing she could actually do to keep these weird urges or whatever it was at bay for a while.

Finally, it was time to board the train, the excitement was almost here and she couldn't wait. There was, however, one thing she needed to do before their little stealth portion of this mission started, she turned quickly to Katsuo and with a few simple handseals doused him in water. "Doesn't matter how good at hiding we are if someone can be sniffed out." She laughed then would grab onto the armored body of her father and would be launched through the air along with him quickly landing on the train, where she would hop back down and take a moment to find her footing.

[Jutsu - Rinse Off Used on Katsuo]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]"You're too young for me anyway, kid." Katsuo returned Teke's smirk with one of his own. If she wanted to tease him, he could play that game just fine. Looking to Sousuke, Katsuo was glad that he hadn't heard anything... negative about Teke's behavior since the rather informal Genin exam that he'd taken her on. He hadn't forgotten the words that he'd given her that day and nor had he forgotten the decision he'd made about her.

Turning his gaze outwards towards the train which was steaming towards their location in the distance, Katsuo wasn't entirely ready for the splash of water that blasted him in the face, slicking his head and shoulders with dripping water. Reaching up, Katsuo plucked the wet sunglasses from his face and inspected them for a moment before shrugging his shoulders and releasing them... causing them to crumble away into golden dust that lingered for only a moment before disappearing. He might have complained but he had to admit the splash of water actually felt great in the heat of the desert and given that they were about to jump feet first unto a moving train there wasn't a whole lot better for a good wake-up call. Katsuo's skin wasn't supercharged like it once had been before he'd given up the lion's share of the spark of Primus to revitalize Suna after their altercation but still the water crackled across the surface of his shoulders and upper chest with a low current from the magnetic energy that was still charged through his body. Somehow,
Katsuo had come out of the joking burst of water looking better than he had before it.

Both Sousuke and Teke took off into the air as the train began to approach but Katsuo had a different idea for his boarding plan. Kneeling down into a position which was akin to the starting position for a sprinter, Katsuo touched his fingertips to the sand and felt the magnetic current of his body suffuse the sand below him as he took off from the starting position and then leaped into another straight of sand surfing in the opposite direction of the train. Leaving behind him a brightly glowing streak of fused sand and fulgurite, passengers on the train would almost certainly be able to see this strange man go racing by with streaks of bright golden lightning crackling behind him before the sand began to lift up, creating steep incline that he raced upwards upon like a wave of water in the ocean before ramping off of the edge and coming down to a landing just as Sousuke and Teke touched down as well. Wind running through his hair, Katsuo turned to Sousuke;

"Alright big guy, this is your operation. What's the play?"
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZjSrW4p7r8]BGM[/url]]"]
yU3IAAO.png

dwbW8t.png
[/legend][/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Katsuo would inquire with Sousuke what the plan was. For a moment Sousuke was going to correct him on what words he used as Katsuo was taller than Sousuke in the flesh. In his armour? Taller? Yes. It was artificial and not real. For a moment, Sousuke considered that Katsuo was talking metaphors. Yes, surely it had to have been a metaphor. "The plan is we close the circle in. The reason being that if another train is it to provide backup, it won't be joining in this circuit. I will complete this task, I just need some quiet time so I don't go and misjudge forming the new rail line."<i></i> Sousuke was very capable of working with loud noises going off, but he had to make sure that the train was not going to tip over because he had miscalculated and made a turn far too sharp. The Steward then began to make considerations and notes. "There is a 54% chance they're already aware of us, however, Katsuo did make a show when he got on the train, which elevates this to 72.8%. The enemy may have considered this to be a one person operation. My previous engagements have always been one man mystery shows, which is why the media has not gone rampant, given the declaration of War Roku gave, this makes the mystery element in this far less."<i></i> Sousuke did not make it a secret that he preferred to do things in the dark. There were reasons for that, but he was not going to disclose them unless pressed by Katsuo.

"The Daimyo will more than likely have soldiers armed with firearms. It seems he has taken a liking to high modern weaponry when it comes to his foot soldiers. There is a 65.2% chance that the commander is a member of the faith. Their faith to Jashin is strong, I do not think it is on the same level as Shouki. The purpose is that the commander can use the slaves collected as leverage against us by ingesting their blood. Be that as it may, I have attacked my enemy mentally by using genjutsu or psionics to ensure the slaves are not hurt, as it. Psionic or genjutsu damage is irreparable."<i></i> He would then look to Katsuo, and then to Teke. "In the absence of such techniques ... washing blood seals off helps out too be it on the member of the faith."<i></i> He considered it - yes it would work. Teke had rinsed Katuso off, not drown him in a deluge. Sousuke would take a knee for a moment and hand Teke his backpack. "Careful with her. Trust in her power if things get dicey, but do not trust her words."<i></i> He spoke cryptically. He would reach into the same bag and remove a headset and toss it to Katsuo.

"So."<i></i> Sousuke had outlined their potential issues and what they were most likely up against. "Considering we are on top of the caboose car. I would suspect they would begin to start sending troops out way, armed with firearms. While I work on rerouting the train, I would ask that you deal with what is oncoming."<i></i> Sousuke would continue to be on one knee. He would place his index finger and his middle finger on his temple. Given what he was seeing he would again use his psionic techniques in connection with his mastery over metal to begin moving the tracks and once again begin to continue the pathway of the train.

As Sousuke continued his work, the mid car that had the message of standing against the Shinobi threat would open up. On both sides, two men would climb up, and indeed they were armed as Sousuke had suspected with firearms. They wore heavy boots which were perhaps magnetic in nature which allowed them to walk on the moving train without much difficulty. The second more surprising thing was that the troops were wearing a heavier set of armour. Not nearly as heavy as Sousuke's or as bulky but it would indeed offer them some level of protection from arrows or from a blade. The Daimyo had been subjected to several of these raids by Sousuke before, but never did Sousuke have a very particular individual join him in this operation.

MFT 300+

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
They landed atop the moving cart with more grace that she'd have imagined, he was wearing a large suit of metal after all so it wouldn't have been a shock for him to have just crumbled through the roof and into the interior. She would walk to the very back edge of the train and look back at the tracks as the train continued to speed along. She was listening intently even if it didn't seem like her attention was focused. Again there was a lot of stuff being said that was just a bunch of garble to her, at least she got the important parts correct. Regardless of how she carried herself, however, she wasn't one to just stay quiet if she felt slighted and amidst the torrent of information came a venomous slight at her expense.

She turned back around to face the two men again, but with furrowed brows and a displeased frown. "So what? Am I some kind of liar now? I agreed to this mission for many reasons but one was to hopefully get a little closer to you..." She snapped at Sousuke. "If I'm so untrustworthy why even bother bringing me here, huh? Had I known I'd just be treated like a child and insulted to my face..." She scowled, her fists clenched angrily another side, as if she wasn't going through enough with all this weird stuff effecting her mind and pushing her every which way. She quickly turned back around and looked out once more at the sands they hurriedly passed by.

She was trying her best to bite her tongue and not say more than she already had as if answering her prayers some sounds coming from the middle carts would rouse her to turn her head back. The sight before her was one of joyous joy as if she'd willed these two meat bags into existence. She didn't really pay much heed to her surroundings at this point, letting her battle instincts take over, her stance dropped slightly and the recognizable, golden currents arced off of her, then would come the unmistakable chirping as seemingly unstable lightning chakra started to form through her left forearm and hand.

Without warning the now supercharged girl dashed straight forwards across the roofs and toward the men, she was perfectly capable of following along with the mission and she'd never demonstrated anything to the opposition of that notion. Maybe humans just couldn't be trusted after all... "Fuck the lot of you! Worthless meat!" She screamed out as she proceeded to ram her fist through the first man's stomach, emerging out the other side before quickly being pulled out, along with most of his intestines that still pulsed with dancing sparks of energy. Her golden eyes quickly turned to the other gun-wielding man who had now started taking shots at her, rightly so to be fair, her anger in this moment seemed to dull the pain as two bullets went straight into her right shoulder and arm. She wasted little effort in stepping into his space and pushed her still chirping hand into and up his side and kept pushing till half her bicep was inside. She held it there for but a moment before pulling out again.

She took a few slow steps back as the chakra on her hand started to fade and charred blood flaked away from the area as the winds forced their way through her. She looked down at the two bodies, seemingly stuck to the roof because of their strange footwear. She didn't care, however, killing a train full of weak meat bags was nothing to her. She looked over at Katsuo, brow still furrowed. "Which route are we using for our entrance." She spoke but her voice didn;t match her expression at all, it was solemn and calm, she was here for the mission and wanted to just get it moving.
Actions said:
0 ap : Entering Lightning - Chakra Style
- Static Charge: The user's Lightning-based actions have a 15% chance of being modded -1 Ap faster with an additional +5% chance at activating secondary effects. The chance of this activating is increased by +5% every time the user performs another Lightning-based action, stacking up to 30%.

2.5 + .5 ap : Chidori Cast on both gunmen
- Jutsu Expansion Used.
- Electromagnetic Pulse [CA Dependent Special Move] : Effect: By increasing the chakra cost of a Lightning Ninjutsu by +20% CP, a lightning jutsu can be converted into an area of effect pulse that strikes up to three targets chosen by the user, inflicting +10% damage with an increased +5% chance to stun/paralyze/etc.
- Minor Affinity Move : Focus - Grants a Ninjutsu attack +2 Accuracy and +1 Critical Range; this move may only be used once per round.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Sousuke explained that their primary plan was to somehow rearrange the metal tracks that the train was traveling across at high speed into a circular pattern without crashing the train somehow to prevent the train from being able to call for reinforcements. For a moment Katsuo wondered why they didn't simply destroy the track behind them, allow the train to speed on for a minute or so and then simply stop the train given that there was a singular track the locomotive traffic had to be one-way or else they would constantly run the risk of head-on collisions but he didn't give voice to his thoughts-- instead focusing on the other details of the mission. Sousuke clearly already had a plan in mind to accomplish the task that he'd described and even though he couldn't understand why they'd do things in such an absurdly dangerous and bizarre way there was surely a reason that Sousuke knew that he didn't.

More importantly, it seemed like Sousuke had reason to believe the train was being protected by a Jashinist and as he began to give Teke a short lecture on how to deal with Jashinists, Katsuo took a deep breath and clenched his fist. He'd dealt with plenty of Jashinists before in the past and understood the intimate details of fighting them. When he and the Sunagakurian sennin had battled the Daimyo's son Ishii Shouki -- himself a powerful Jashinist -- it had been Katsuo that had first adopted the strategy of disrupting his chakra flow and attacking the blood seal he created to channel his faith through. It was a tactic that had served him well in the past and had done so again against Shouki. Still, even given his experience with them Jashinists were dangerous foes and certainly not to be underestimated. That was how men wound up dead.

Folding his arms across his chest, Katsuo raised an eyebrow as Sousuke attempted to hand Teke a duffle bag along with some cryptic advice about not trusting in "her" words. Katsuo couldn't say that he approved of the Pronoun Game here in the middle of a mission but just as he decided that he would address that with Sousuke later it seemed like the universe thought differently and chose to have the consequences of not being clear with his words manifest directly in the form of Teke misinterpreting the usage of "her" as referring to herself rather than whatever Sousuke had been attempting to nebulously refer to. She angrily threw a tantrum in his face-- not entirely undeservedly, Katsuo noted given the circumstances --but before he could say anything a hatch flipped open several paces away from where they were standing and suddenly they were standing out in the open in the line of sight of two soldiers armed with what looked to be firearms of some sort.

Katsuo had only come up against firearms a handful of times in the past as they weren't terribly common out on the frontier given their expensive nature and the way that the desert sands tended to make upkeep on them laborious and challenging but he'd seen the kind of damage that they could do to the human body. Shifting his stance and raising his hand, Katsuo created a ripple in the air of magnetic chakra that would have caught any of the metallic projectiles fired in their direction as he looked to Teke to speak;

"We need to move--" He began but it seemed as though Teke had things well in hand already as she rushed through the magnetic field he'd projected and summarily executed both of the soldiers before they could fire upon the shinobi group's position. Still, she hadn't been fast enough to disable both of them before one of them managed to turn his weapon on her and fire off a few shots.

Letting his hand and the magnetic barrier drop as Teke turned to him and asked him what their route would be for entering the caboose below them, Katsuo shook his head and knelt in front of her with a scowl on his face. Given the way their previous discussion had gone during her Genin Exam, it seemed likely that Katsuo might give her a lecture on the way she had brutally ended the lives of the two soldiers but instead he would press a roll of medical tape into her hands that he'd presumably produced from a pouch on his belt.

"Focus. You're letting your anger make you sloppy. If there's a Jashinist on board we can't afford to give up our blood so easily." He wouldn't be looking at her face as he spoke, instead he'd be focused on making sure no more men came running up the side of the train. "Which, speaking of-- I think your anger is misplaced. Seems to me that Sousuke was poorly referring to whatever he is keeping in that bag. Bind your arm and sort out your emotions with Sousuke, then we'll head down. I'll keep an eye out."

With his words and medical bindings given to Teke, Katsuo would walk past her unless she had something further to say to him and cross past the two dead men that flailed helplessly against the passage of wind across the top of the train. With a stomp of his foot a ripple of magnetic chakra would pass through the caboose and let loose the two corpses causing them to fall off the side of the train and be lost to the desert. It was unfortunate but at this point they were at war and the soldiers of the daimyo knew that. He wouldn't kill anyone that attempted to surrender but he wouldn't waste time trying to talk down every person who came at him with a weapon.
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [BGM]"]
yU3IAAO.png

dwbW8t.png
[/legend][/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Teke struck down the two guards without mercy and without warning. Teke would did not feast upon their corpses. She would infact insult their remains as calling them worthless meat. Teke had indeed take some injuries from this encounter. If she had injured herself so earlier, this would only get worse as they had progressed on this. Katuso would speak unto Teke, and he would take note of their magnetic boots. With the use of his magnetic chakra he would get rid of the corpses, and with it the boots which allowed them to maintain their footing. Katuso was correct, if they were going to face down a Jashin in time to come, they would have to be careful not to get cut. Blood was power to a Jashin, and it would indeed lead to the death of another in the simplest of ways.

For Katuso as he cast off the bodies he would watch as they would fall to the sides along with the magnetic boots. They would fly off to the sides, and luckily they would not connect to the rails. Katuso would feel a slight chill come over him. If he were to look around he would notice something in the air. At first it seemed like debris, but then the debris would come together for a moment to form the body of something. The formation of what he was to see was in part an outline as the debris would come together to form the outline. It could have been a coincidence, but when was truly anything a coincidence? The debris would drift back and lose all semblance to the form of a body. The chill he would have felt would have been something like a chill running down his spine, like something was watching him. He would have felt like he was being watched by things all around him. If he were to do a full three hundred and sixty degree turn he would not see any eyes watching him. Katsuo would see though that Sousuke was working along on the moving of the tracks. Maybe it was a trick of the mind? Katuso had indeed seen and experience a lot of things. Maybe his nerves were getting the best of him?

This feeling of a haunting would disperse as a blinding light would go off. The three of them were working in the night, and so this burst of light was certainly unnatural in the extreme. Teke would see this bright flash of light go off too. If Teke and Katuso were to look forward they would see something shining in the distance. Golden it was. It gave off a radiance and a brilliance which challenged the dark of night. This enigma stood atop the train cart, and its full details were not easily visible save for the fact it was golden and glowing very brightly. The figure was not moving, but four more soldiers could be seen coming out of the side cart. They were armed and approaching Katuso. Several clicks could be heard as they were arming up now. These soldiers looked different from the former set. If Katuso were to focus his gaze he would notice a similarity in the armour they wore and what Kaito wore when he battled the leader of the Cabal in the Dojo. Their armour was not an exact match, it was lose fitting and certainly not as heavily plated. "Surrender, and you will be taken into custody under the law of the True Daimyo of Wind." One of them called out. His voice was amplified and held a crystal clarity when spoken.

If Teke were to go back to find Sousuke she would find him where he was when they started their mission. He had his body turned to the side and his feet were firmly planted into the ground. Sousuke was focused on moving metallic tracks with his mind and his mastery of metallic jutsu. He was seemingly keep it going in a fluid motion. He didn't seem pressured at all. He still held his index and middle finger against his head which was a denotation of him using his psionic abilities. Teke would see on his person the bag that he was holding. The bag in its design was for the most part plain looking, but there was a curious sigil on the bag, it was a toad. The toad sigil looking cartoonish in nature. There were a few other childish things on the bag too, including the depiction of a bunny on it.

MFT 300+

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
The girl scowled softly as her hands were filled with medical wraps. Honestly, it didn't really bother her all that much that she was bleeding but the two of them seemed to know something about the leader of this operation that she hadn't been privy too. She listened to the buff boys words and nodded reluctantly, quickly she would reach into her own pouch and pull out a small sachet of powder, obviously, it was a clotting powder given how she sprinkled a fair bit into her wounds, after wiping the area clean of course. She would then proceed back over to Sousuke as she bandaged herself up, unable to look him in the eyes if he was paying attention.

"Look, I know I'm on edge and I can only apologize. I can explain at more length later as now probably isn't the time..." She couldn't really start blaming the rushing winds for her hearing because as she thought back on it she'd already realized it was her mistake really. "I lied when I told you this thing bother me was small, I lied when I said I could control it and honestly I think I know what it is..." She didn't expect a reaction at this point, he was clearly busy with his work and would be concentrating on not killing them and the hostages. "She's twisting my mind, I'm not asking for help because I need to beat this alone but, I needed you to know." She placed a hand on his shoulder as the voice once again came into her mind, she had expected such though. "You don't wish for my gift, child?" It asked with a monotone but she could hear the smile behind the words and chose not to answer for this moment, instead she reached over Sousuke and took the bag, putting onto herself securely and nodding.

It was at this point that the bright light would hit her golden eyes, she narrowed them skeptically as she watched the glowing figure. She couldn't quite make out the nature of this effervescence but she certainly wouldn't be outshone. She stepped away from her father, as to not get in his way for the moment before she herself sparked up and started to emit a bright glow. Electricity danced over her form more intently that previously, almost mimicking the shape of Sousuke's armor other than the fact that it was made of chirping, electrified chakra. "More goons, this should be fun." She said to no one imparticular, figuring the man in the middle was, in fact, more than that but she wouldn't let him see that she was smart enough to figure that out, it could play into her hands that way. She started walking closer to Katsuo with her newly summoned armor and grinned. "Well, I'd better let you have a little piece this time hadn't I?" She spoke, ignoring the request to surrender that came toward them from one of the small tin men. "But first."

She lifted both of her arms and faced her palms toward the group of men and smirked. All the energy buzzing about her form started to pulse and surge up toward her arms before violently discharging through the air and toward all four of the armed men, she'd opted to get rid of the gunmen first. "I don't communicate with dead men." She smirked.

[WC - 566]
Actions said:
Ligtning Armour Activated.
Effect: The user creates a shield of lightning around their body for 1000 CP and 1.5 AP. While it remains active, all melee attacks against the user do 20% recoil buffable lightning damage to the attacker and have a 20% chance to cause stun. Stunning causes -1 dodge for three rounds and cannot stack more than twice per target. Chance to stun stacks with Shocking Current, but the two combined cannot impart more than -4 dodge at once per target. Costs 300 CP/round to maintain.
Lightning Torrent Used vs. All 4 non glowing gun men.
- Dependent Special Move: By increasing the chakra cost of a Lightning Ninjutsu by +20% CP, a lightning jutsu can be converted into an area of effect pulse that strikes up to three targets chosen by the user, inflicting +10% damage with an increased +5% chance to stun/paralyze/etc.
- Special Action: By paying +20% Cp, the user may choose to add an additional target to this jutsu. This Jutsu deals 75% of the usual damage at +1 Accuracy, but reduces the secondary effects chances of activating by -6%.
- Debilitate - Increases the Secondary effect chances of a Ninjutsu attack by 1/2; this move may only be used once per round.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Turning his head to the sky, Katsuo scanned the darkened air around him for any sign of the strange feeling that came over him. It felt distinctly like the sensation that someone was watching... but given that they were atop a speeding train with limited cover it didn't hold to reason that someone was lurking in the darkness and spying on them. Still, it wasn't impossible that the daimyo's forces had found some way of remotely monitoring them-- especially given that Sousuke had done this once or twice before in the past.

Fine, watch then. I want you to see what happens next. Thought Katsuo as the spotlight sprang to life at some distance down the line of cars and a quartet of soldiers emerged from the car and pointed their weapons at the three shinobi raiding their train. They demanded that Katsuo, Teke and Sousuke surrender to the authority of the daimyo and with a roll of his shoulder, Katsuo stepped forward to challenge that.

"The laws of a tyrant are meaningless." The 10th Kazekage returned to their demand that they submit to the daimyo's rule of law.

The group of gun men squared up with their firearms at the ready and began to take aim... but as they did they would find that they only had two targets in sight. Firearms were a rare sight but even more so in the world of shinobi for one particularly glaring weakness -- a shinobi could move at speed which made the primary advantage of a firearm's range almost entirely moot. In the time that it had taken them to raise their rifles and take aim, Katsuo had closed the distance between them and was now standing in the group of them with his right hand raised to the sky gathering energy. They'd likely take notice of the Kazekage moments after his arrival but by then it would almost certainly be too late. With a resounding crash, Katsuo would drop to a single knee and slam his fist into the top of the train car with all of the gathered force that he'd prepared during the time it'd taken for them to become aware of his presence among them. Even though he could no longer cause the skies to rumble, Katsuo was certainly still capable of creating thunder of a different sort as the steel of the train's roof visibly rippled away from his strike before a localized explosion of physical force and roaring sound erupted outwards towards each of the four gun men standing around him. It was unlikely that any of them would have time to prepare themselves for the unrelenting force of Katsuo's attack and those that managed to avoid being thrown from the train by the attack would only find themselves targeted by the wicked lightning thrown by Teke moments later.

Actions
♦ Cast Magnitude (Master Rank) targeting all four of the gun men.
  • Using Affinity Move Spread to bring the number of targets up from 3 to 4.
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_EPVyBfXa8]BGM[/url]]"]
yU3IAAO.png

dwbW8t.png
[/legend][/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Teke returned to Sousuke and he was there still working at his task. Metal rose and moved along the train as he was moving the trails. For a moment, he would lower his hand from his temple and look to Teke as she apologized to him and tried to explain. He turned his head to her and he would take in what she had said to him. He rolled his shoulders as if not entirely to do. The mission was already underway and they would have to keep going. Sousuke did not like being lied to, he was hoping she was truly read for this and even he was wrong about it. Sousuke simply had to accept this, and work with the hand he was dealt. He was used to this, he was dealt a bad hand metaphorically speaking, still he was going to go 'all in'. His grandmother once told him a bluff still had power, you just had to make everyone else think you had it to take the pot. "The mind controls the body. Do not let the body become twisted."<i></i> He spoke solemnly. That was the best he could say, but then he realize that perhaps this was a time for parental 'good will'. "Whatever it is working against you, I believe that you will overcome it. Endure, that is the Takahashi way."<i></i> He tried to give Teke some words of encouragement. Katuso once give him words of encouragement once, and Sousuke was able to make use of them to get him out of a rough situation.

With having said his piece, he went back to working on the tracks. So far they were giving him the needed time to re-arrange the tracks. So far he was able to work without too much delay. Sousuke was keeping track of the number of soliders being taken out. None of them lasted long enough to exhibit any new skill set that the Daimyo might be instilling his troops with. As Teke had taken care of first set, now Katuso was going to be taking care of the next set. Indeed firearms could be dangerous but luckily for the men and women of Sungakure most of them could move faster than bullets or projectiles used. Bullets flew but none of them met their mark. Katuso avoided the attacks in what seemed to be a flash to the gunmen. When he landed with his fist raised, each of them had a mere second to turn their heads. "Halt!" One of them cried before Katuso's fist landed. Not even their magnetic boots stood a chance as Katuso's attack caused enough force to shake them all off. The train cart cracked and parts of it broke apart. The men while air born all turned their guns to Katuso, but each of them were then electrocuted. Curiously both attacks did quite significant damage, but it seemed that the armour the men wore offered them some form of protection - in this case it just wasn't enough for the overwhelming might of the Sunans attacking them.

Teke would feel something move in the backpack she wore. A small hand would reach up and grasp her shoulder and the head of something would rest itself on her shoulder. This was perhaps what Sousuke warned her of, or tried to. "A dark presence lurks about. Maaya feels it in her bones. She knows this. A curious thing though. It wears a mask." The voice was cracked and old, it was a toad albeit a talking one. "Falsehoods are about us. Their methods betray them." She advised. The toad's eyes were a milky white. She rested her head on Teke's shoulder. "Sweet one, be careful for Granny's sake wont you? He thinks much of you, if he gave you my tent." She spoke to Teke, the tent referring to the backpack she wore now.

The feeling of Katuso being watched would elevate. What was watching himself would reveal itself in the wind. Debris would gather and collect to form a body. It was a collection of debris, leaves, charred remains, scrap. The entity in question would float there in a humanoid body. The body did not have a face, it had a collection of rocks float about its head forming almost a halo shape. Once the halo was completed a thin layer of blue would appear and coat the debris forming a proper body. "The laws of Tyrant are full of meaning in a lawless land. We were given purpose and meaning." A voice would come from this floating form. "Nothing should be eternal but the one who gives us purpose. What he gives us if justification enough for his desire." The voice continued to speak, it spoke in a low growling sound.

Two carts ahead the bright light would go off again. Ahead of them they would see a figure in gleaming golden armour with a large axe. He wore a crown that was cast in flames which levitated above his head. His armour had the motif of an eagle. "Jashin's light will pierce your dark hearts. Some must die, so others may live. I will make this painless, and you will see Jashin to greet you and take you into his loving embrace. You will know his greater plan for this land."<i></i>. It seemed that the concept of death and life was going to be a word motif. He readied his axe and it glowed brightly with photonic energy. "Who does Obito the Bright send now into the loving embrace of Jashin? Who is it that has faltered from Jashin's true purpose?"<i></i> The voice carried strongly and loudly.

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Teke was pleased with the combination of techniques herself and Katsuo demonstrated, unplanned as it may have been she could get used to team combos. She was a little upset that her actions, regardless of her quick action, still played second fiddle to the topless man's skills though. "Still room to grow..." She thought to herself, her papa's words ringing solemnly through her head as the currents caressed her body carefully. It was fortunate that the effects of her lightning armor extended their protection to her equipment however as she felt a small amount of movement upon her shoulder, she took a quick glance not wishing to take her eyes off of her enemies for too long and she was slightly confused by what she saw. "Toad?..." She blurted out in a confused tone as it then began to speak.

Teke, not being as dimwitted as some might believe quickly put together the reality that this elderly toad was, in fact, a contract creature. Given that it belonged to someone strong enough to be Kazekage she could only assume her strength was admirable and her words sagely, if a little cryptic. "No matter the darkness that comes, I will not bend to it. No one can understand the weight of my own darkness and that will be their first mistake." She said with a slight smirk, confident in her own lineage enough to laugh at what others call darkness. "Compared to me, they're nothing but a fleeting bit of shade in the vastness of the desert, careful doesn't even come into play, I am simply superior." This declaration came just in time for the man across the carriages to make his dramatic entrance, Teke took this final moment of peace to comfort the old one just a little. "Protecting my family and the things they care for, is my way. Forgiveness and mercy are not an option for those who violate this rule." With that her stance changed, moving from one seemingly of offence to more defensive looking one, though that was merely a ploy to lure would-be attackers into her space.

She waited impatiently for the glowing villans monologue to come to an end, chuckling softly to herself before bursting out into full-on laughter. "Jashin? Greet me? He would need to face the Misstress of Decay before reaching me and I doubt he has the balls to tangle." Her grin grew wide, oozing with malice as her inhuman teeth were fully on display. Of course, unbeknownst to the girl, the spiritual form of the goddess she proclaimed protection from was stood over her, the opposite shoulder to the crone toad. "Yes, you shall conquer, my child." the ghostly voice whispered into her ear, further egging her forwards, she wasn't in the mood to fight back at this point, in fact, she would be more likely to show off just in case her hunch on the identity of the spirit came to be true.

The time for talk was now over, introductions at this point were meaningless and they would exchange pleasantries via blasting the fuck out of one another, her more so than him of course, but that was her secret to gloat over. Unlike the peon before him, this one would need a little more strategic finesse to bring down, why they didn't start with these people was beyond the youngster's comprehension. Now, amidst this fighting and the fact that she knew more about armor that the average ninja she was fully aware Lightning could either be good or bad and it would take something a little more to truly damage someone wearing it. Thankfully the girl had learned some interesting tricks along her stay in the village. Her hands, previously coated in arcing, yellow Lightning now began to warp and change color. The energy would become more violent and glowed a deep blue, seeming to draw the lightning from the rest of her body toward it. She turned a palm toward the axe wielder, releasing a beam of atomising energy before setting herself up with a pair of clones who also had some tricks of their own.

[WC - 690]
actions said:
Shifting to Static Slowdown Stance
Squall - Mastered - Vs Axe Man
Elemental Clone: Lightning - Mastered

Clones - 2ap each
Both Clones use Electrocution - Rank 1 - Vs Axe man
- Special Action: The user may pay +20% CP to sacrifice the 'Electrocution' effect and make the no-limit paralysis effect apply automatically.

Both Clones - "automatically" disperse on melee contact, whether when attacked or if they choose to strike the target physically (.5 Ap). - Vs Any none ally

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Bolts of golden lightning fell from Katsuo's broad shoulders and crackled their way down the length of his arms and across his chest as their two adversaries made themselves known. The first was an odd creature that seemed to be made up of the debris from the area as he was the body at the center of the small maelstrom. It had no face or typically human features but the rhetoric that it spouted was undeniably human in the way that it responded to Katsuo's challenge to their master's right to rule. It spoke of meaning being given to a lawless land and that drew a scowl from Katsuo. It was a sentiment that echoed one that he'd been fighting against all his life: "might makes right". It was the creed of selfish individuals who could do better for those around them but chose not to because it benefited them personally not to.

The second of the two enemies was a man clad in heavy armor from head to toe that masked his identity. He too had similarly repugnant things to say but that was to be expected of anyone who espoused the gospel of a vile creature like Jashin. Crossing his arms across his chest and turning to face both the debris-creature and the armored Jashinist that had named himself as Obito the Bright, Katsuo heard Teke spit threats over his shoulder. Her words were full of confidence on the edge of arrogance and bravado but that was what they needed right now. The alternative was to shirk away from this challenge that had been made to them by agents of the daimyo and that was just not going to happen. Still holding his stance with his arms crossed across his chest, the lightning that played across his shoulders sparked to life and with a flash of light and a clap of thunder a long white cowl appeared in the clearing smoke that had been created by the blast of energy. To the eyes of any on-lookers, it would appear as though Katsuo had somehow conjured a simple white piece of fabric out of thin air but in truth this was the physical form of Katsuo's spiritual companion Caliburn the Living Lightning.

I am at your command, my king. Imparted the spirit of Tatsumasa as her physical form blew dramatically in the wind behind him and her spiritual presence bolstered that of her master's. If Katsuo had been physically intimidating before, he was certainly even more so now with Caliburn's chakra intensifying him.

"The last time I ran into a guy with the name Jashin on his lips ..." Katsuo remarked, breaking his stance for the first and drawing back his fist for a punch which would have likely seemed strange given the distance between him and his opponents.

There was a moment as Katsuo pulled his arm back where the air around him sucked in towards his body as his chakra crackled along the length of his arm and everything would become clear in the moments before the attack came. His fist shot forward with the force of a large-scale cannon blast, sending a shockwave of magnetic chakra forward in a compressed burst, tearing panels and pieces up from the top of the train as it raced past the two individuals facing down Katsuo and Teke. As the blast raced past them, each of them could be caught in the deadly shockwave that it sent outwards as the sheer force from the rush of air and magnetism could easily crush stone and crumple metal.

"... we ended up disagreeing." He finished, a puff of condensation appearing at the side of his mouth as he released a super-heated breath from within his body that cooled in the desert air.
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU9PJBv30lE]BGM[/url]]"]
yU3IAAO.png

dwbW8t.png
[spoilername="Actions"]♦ Cast Life Corrosion (Master Rank).
Any action which references Melee Accuracy (including ones which are changed to Ninjutsu Accuracy via Aura Strike) inflict Life Corrosion.

♦ Cast Contract Summoning to summon Caliburn the Living Lightning.
Ability - Contract Master: Choosing to add 5% extra HP and CP to Caliburn.

♦ Cast Fist of Gaia (Master Rank) targeting Obito and Dust-Bin-Guy-Man.
Affinity Move: Spread (+1 Target)
Secondary Effect - Crush: 28+5% (33% total) chance to increase Called Shot level of a random limb by one and cause suppression.
[/spoilername][/legend][/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Toad Crone seemed raised her hand and placed the tiny thing on Teke's shoulder. "Darkness is universal. There was darkness first, and then the light. To think no one else is capable of that is unwise." The child spoke like a more hostile version of Sousuke when it came to speaking about superiority. It was a word Sousuke liked to use. The Toad Crone rested her head on Teke's shoulder. She had the right sentiment. Family was important, very important. Family was what produced legacy which was what the true endgame of all life was. The Toad seemed to grow disinterested in the concept of the Mistress of Decay. All gods, good and evil, all of them had a time to die. "Jashin. Mistress of Decay. Time. Death. All of them can grow old enough to die or live truly and eternally." Teke would begin her attack. The youth altered her tactics slightly and would then begin her first round of attacks. Teke remained at a distance, which was perhaps for the best. She unleashed a volley of lightning energy meant to try and give Obito some issue with his golden axe. Obito held his axe standing up and took the blast standing. The blast was not meant to truly hurt the Jashinist, but rather it was meant to open him up further. He twitched slightly. Teke would then conjure two clones born from lightning. The two lightning bodied Tekes, would make a mad dash towards Obito. One of the clones would be run through by Obito's partner. The being made of debris lowered himself, and shot himself into the clone the debris went through Teke's clone dispersing it and lightning would flicker and fade out. The Debris in question seemed to be jolted and charged. The clone that did not disperse would attempt to Electrocute Obito, who made no attempt to evade the jolt. Obito again like before stood solidly and was zapped for his great courage.

Obito huffed and puffed. His body was jolted. He beheld Katuso's form become robed. Unlike Teke, his adversary had something pleasant to say. "Disagree you might do, but none cannot say our Lord is not real. He has the power to affect this world, and he has shown those who show him love his favour and his boon."<i></i> Obito spoke boldly. "He breathed life into my brother. He breathed life into me. Can you say the same thing about your gods?"<i></i> Katuso would launch a large attack at Obito and his companion. Obito breathed deeply. He would attempt to counter attack this attack with the light of Jashin. Obito would twirl his axe in a circular fashion. Teke seemed to have slowed him down with her shocking attacks. The movements were flawed and sluggish but Obito was able to conjure light. Just as Katuso's attack was three quarters of the way to meet him, Obito conjured the light to form a dome to protect him and his companion. Katuso's attack instantly obliterated the light. "The light and the love of Jashin protects us!"<i></i> Obito cried loudly. He stuttered in his step. Upon closer investigation it would seem that not only did Katuso's attack full on shatter the barrier that Obito had taken some damage from the residue of the force of Katuso's attack. It wasn't heavy damage, but it was something. Obito would begin his staggered march forward. It very much appeared that his great and golden armour had been spoiled, cracked, and crumpled in some arrears. "We go to deliver more into his loving embrace!"<i></i> His large axe shook in his hand. Little did Obito know his enemy had already stacked the odds against him when he would go to combat his for in melee.

The debris form of their other foe twitched. It knew that Obito had protected it, and there was an unspoken gratefulness in that. Obito was a most different sort of Jashinist. Curiously bits of debris would burn away from the being. Obito did protect him but it wasn't enough. Their enemy was mighty. There were three of them. One of them was working on the train tracks making the train way into a large circular pattern. "I trust you'll be fine Obito... for now." It turned slightly and looked to Teke and then slightly further to Sousuke. The form dispersed itself and clumped itself together to seemingly form a variety of ranged projectiles, such as shurkien and kunai. The enetity seemed to be aiming itself for Teke. The debris would then fire itself at Teke. Teke would need to engage in evasive maneuvers or conjure a barrier to block the debris. In the event of the latter, the debris would against disburse and begin to head towards Sousuke.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His opponents reeled in the aftershock of his attack but neither of them seem deterred. It was difficult to tell what either of them were thinking or feeling given that Obito had his face covered by his helmet and the apparently living whirlwind of debris had no discernible features to speak of. The air still sparked and sizzled in the wake of Katsuo's attack as the burst of superheated air and magnetic current that he'd fired off carried with it the same destabilizing power that he'd used to defeat Mikaboshi in the months past. Though they were not ancients, the power of the Spark was derived from a weapon that possessed the power to cut through reality itself and as a result the Kazekage's very touch was dangerous to endure. Even a casual brush against his body could cause the shredding electrical current of the Spark to take hold and begin tearing apart whatever it touched. The surface of the train where the wave of air had touched had been seared away as though it had been scoured off with a plasma cutter causing the surface to glow angrily with residual heat but neither of their opponents seemed to even hesitate at that. Katsuo had to give it to them, they were certainly loyal even if their loyalty was to a villain like the daimyo.

To that, there could only be one answer for an honorable man. Katsuo would give them his best.

Tucking his arm in close to his side, Katsuo shifted the balance of his stance and with a short shout of exertion, called forth a fraction of the strength that lurked inside him. Once more golden bolts of lightning would pour from his body, coursing around his biceps and shoulders and scorching the ground around him as spiders of energy crawled away from his feet. A tangible aura of physical energy surrounded his body and Katsuo could feel his muscles tighten as power flooded into his extremities and increased his physical ability for a short time. In this state, Katsuo pulled the energy he needed for his attacks directly out of the Spark of Primus even though he could no longer access the power of Exaltation and transform fully into his avatar state-- he could still channel a portion of that strength for a short period of time. Then, rolling his shoulder slightly to position Tatsumasa Katsuo reached down with his left hand and gripped the sheath of his holy sword before positioning his right hand just above where the hilt was. This was a stance for battoujutsu-- quick draw techniques. Katsuo was first and foremost a specialist in hand to hand combat but as a young man he had been taught by one of the best sword masters that had ever lived in the ranks of the Masashi Clan. His mother Masashi Inara had not been some weak-willed waif that Sunahoshi Hiro had wooed one night in a bar, rather she was a proud ranger and a skilled master of the blade. Not a shinobi herself in the strictest of technical terms, Inara possessed an arsenal of kenjutsu and demon slaying techniques which she and her deadly blade Hissatsu had become legendary for and she had passed the lion's share of those techniques on to Katsuo.

Obito began to stride forward with his axe in hand but as he did, he would find that Katsuo had closed the distance between them in the blink of an eye with the white and floral cape flapping in the wind behind him dramatically as he stopped just short of being close enough for Obito's ax with his hand on the leather-wrapped hilt of Tatsumasa now. With a quick step forward and a flash of light, there was a thunderous boom and a shockwave of air as Katsuo's sword-edge broke the sound barrier for a moment causing Tatsumasa's blade to blaze an angry red and orange as the wind friction imbued the blade with unbelievable heat as the sword came sliding out of it's sheath and cut a burning arc through the air towards Obito's chest.

This was one of the most dangerous techniques that Inara had ever taught Katsuo. The final weapon in the arsenal that she called her "ultimate technique". The final step in the series of attacks known as the Transcendent Swords.

Transcendent Sword Zero: Zanmato [Tsubame Gaeshi (Master Rank)].

It launched a single strike at such a speed that preventing it was nearly impossible. The threat of the attack could be blunted through a blocking technique if the person on the receiving end were swift enough but in the heavy armor that he wore Katsuo doubted that Obito possessed the ability to react in time to prevent Tatsumasa's bite.

With the blade of Tatsumasa still sizzling with heat Katsuo then returned the sword to it's sheath, apparently quenching the heat from the sword in some fashion, and would do one of two things depending on Obito's next movement. If the Jashinist juggernaut received the attack and staggered in any way, Katsuo would follow the centrifugal momentum of his swing and spin around on his heel before driving the palm of his right hand into the plate-armored chest of the man with the force of a tank shell [Fist of Virtue (Master Rank), Special Action: Kindness] but being the experienced fighter that he was Katsuo was ready for the unlikely possibility that Obito weathered his attack and powered through it to retaliate. Shouki had been a fighter of unholy constitution and it was possible that this Obito was of a similar sort and as a result Katsuo was fully prepared for that...

[Sorry for skipping post order but I needed a place to put a post up for training so MFT]

Last edited:

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[It has been several weeks, I think it's reasonable we move along]

Obito was reeling and he was slow, he had suffering a number of debilitating effects from the first round of combat. The light-infused Jashinist, if one could truly call him such outside of his own belief, he would meet Katuso face to face. Had Katuso not went the distance to meet him, Katuso might have been waiting several minutes to meet his foe in combat. Katuso moved and moved quickly. He was just too darn fast for Obito the Bright to meet blade to blade. Obito had survived the first attack by using the power of the light of Jashin to counter it. Part of it was that Obito was not in melee position last time, but in fact he had a bit of distance between him and the Devil of Wind Country. There was an audible crack as the chest piece was cut in twain as Katsuo attacked Obito. Blood would flicker out of him but it evaporated nearly instantly as the heat was far too much for anyone. Of the two locked in combat, one of them was far more human than the other. Obito was sent reeling from the attack, the force had knocked him off of his feet and he stumbled backwards as his armour fell off of his body. Perhaps to the dismay of Katuso, what he would find was not a man of hulking muscle but a frailer toned body. It was remarkable truly that Obito was fighting in armour given his lack of bulk. Perhaps it truly was his faith that empowered him? Katuso had witnessed Jashin interfering in mortal affairs before, and here he was seeing it once more in a slightly less direct manner.

Obito was outmatched, outwitted, and outdone. Obito was trying to get back to his feet. He staggered, he fought it, but before he knew it Katuso was upon him. "I'm ready to meet my god, but you never will be able to meet mine. You faithless son of beasts. Your goddess is nothing. She has done nothing for you, but recede into obscurity."<i></i> Obito the Bright spoke as Katuso hovered above him. Did Obito have the truth of the matter? Not really. He was hanging on the word of his god, and his chosen one which was the Daimyo. The Daimyo gave him and his companion purpose. That was needed. "I'll be seeing you soon Tomoko, but hopefully not too soon."<i></i> As he finished speaking Katuso brought his fist down upon the light infused Jashinist. Katuso's fist collided and brought an end to the life of the Jashinist. The train car literally sunk down several feet due to the impact made. What was left of Obito? Not much really, unlike Shouki there was no laughter or speaking from an entity, just ... very little of a body.

As for Obito's companion? He, it, she? It went after Sousuke. The Steward was capable of closing the loop and got the train not to begin circling about with its new track pattern. Just as he finished, the debris had sliced through him. The Steward in his mind froze time. He was then able to backtrack and put together the facts he needed. He put into his mind that Katuso had dealt with an individual who favoured heavy armour. That much was simple, and judging from the fact one person was left standing, being Katuso - it stood to reason Katuso had won that fight. The debris that was shaped like shurkien, kunai, and other projectiles collected together. Sousuke looked to find Teke still on her feet, and that was indeed for the absolute best. The troubling part was that Katuso had fried the top of the carts with his attacks. As the second attack from his foe came up, Sousuke placed his hands on the ground and conjured a great earthen wall to rise up. The debris found itself lodged into the wall of earth. Sousuke would walk out from behind the wall, with his hands behind his back. He would look up and down the wall noticing the debris jiggling and moving. Sousuke would nod his head simply and collapse the wall of stone projectiles first into the train. Sousuke would then apply plasma along the edges of the rock to seal it down.

Sousuke would make his way across the train to Katuso who looked quite well at the moment. He would look left, and then right. "We've drawn out soldiers, and their more powerful escort. Let's begin searching the carts then. Given the method of transport ... I would think there might be one more aboard who may cause us some trouble."<i></i> Sousuke would approach the side of the cart and use his plasma techniques to cut it open. Upon opening a doorway for him, he would move down inside of the cart. He would look about and see cages. He would find some cages carrying livestock, but perhaps more disturbingly he would find cages containing people. He would press his finger against his head while he considered the options here. Several cries and gasps could be heard coming from the people in question.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As he buried the Jashinist's body in a tomb of steel by sinking him into the train car, Katsuo felt a pang of sympathy for the man. If there was one thing that the Kazekage hated doing it was taking the lives of others. He held human life as inherently sacred and the taking of it was something he abhorred doing but he understood that no matter how vile he found the act that there were some men that simply would never bend to reason. Obito had complicitly allowed the trafficking of human lives by fighting in defense of this train. He knowingly kept faith with a monstrous entity like his Jashin that asked of him to brutalize and murder other men and women simply for the sake of it. Of these things he was undeniably guilty and showed no remorse or contrition for his actions which had earned him an early and unceremonious grave at the hands of the 10th Kazekage. Still, Katsuo did not relish the act. While he and Mikaboshi had been very similar in some ways, Katsuo could never revel in the suffering and destruction of another life the way that the Lord of the Deep Court did.

Whether he deserved the end that his choices brought him was not for Katsuo to decide.

Upon hearing Sousuke's words, Katsuo looked to him and silently nodded as he took note of the fact that Teke and Sousuke had managed to subdue the strange entity of debris on their own.

Swinging into the train with a flourish right behind Sousuke, Katsuo landed and looked around the train car. It was not unusual for merchant companies to deliver livestock via train but it became quickly clear that the cargo on this particular train was considerably more than farm stock.

"Everyone stay calm, it's gonna be alright. We're here to get you out of here." Katsuo announced to the train, trying to calm down some of the cries that were beginning. Turning to Sousuke, Katsuo gave him another nod. "We're gonna have to stop this train."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke considered the next plan of action. Katuso had spoken that they would have to stop the train. Stopping the train would probably have to be done. He also considered summoning Ken. Ken could remove the cages and hold multiples of them. The problem with that plan is that Ken's wing beats could knock over the train. Ken being a very large flying insect creature. The other part was that Ken was considered by some a monstrous being, and thus a panic would go off at any rate. All in all, Katuso's plan of having to stop the train was going to have to be done. "Being that we're travelling in a circle, we're not going to be stuck with time constraints. "<i></i> Sousuke added first and foremost. He looked around the cart looking for any odd bits of technology. His eyes glowed white as he was making his observations. "We're not being watched. That's a good thing. The Daimyo has proven to be resourceful in many ways, it is always best to be cautious in this setting."<i></i> One of the earlier concerns Sousuke had was if the slaves were marked, or if they had their blood consumed by a Jashin.

Sousuke was not by any means a people person. Katuso seemed to get people to calm down a little bit. There were murmurs about who they were, and how did they know of this train. Others mumured rumors of a ghost working in the night who was taking down troops of the Daimyo. Sousuke would give Katuso a side glance. He would nod his head affirming that it was him who they were referring to. This was an operation that a little bit harder than usual, but it was not the impossible. Sousuke had encountered a number of foot troops before and a weaker Jashin. "We should check the prisoners."<i></i> He spoke "Did anyone have a wound opened up or watch their blood be consumed by an armoured individual or otherwise?"<i></i> Some of the more trusting individuals showed Sousuke their wounds. The Steward fell silent as he considered the shape of the wound. The enemy that they had engaged with was an individual who had an axe. This wound appeared to be that of a whip. Sousuke would continue to study them. The conclusion he drew was that there was the possibility of there being another Jashinist among them.

Sousuke would gesture for Katuso to come to him for a huddle moment. "We may have a problem. The wounds inflicted on these people are that of a whip. It is entirely possible we're dealing with another Jashinist who has ingested the blood of these people."<i></i> He described the situation. It was a situation he was prepared for. Katuso had his fair share of dealing with those of the Jashinist faith. "We can subdue the individual with genjutsu, so that we're not trapped in a hostage situation."<i></i> Any hostage situation that involved the Daimyo's men was going to be a difficult one, because most of them were morally insane individuals who very much wanted to resolve everything with high amounts of violence. "Let us proceed forward, and work our way to the head of the train."<i></i> Sousuke was going to add 'be on your guard', but Katuso was already probably on his guard considering the number of people they had battled already. "We're going to stop the train. We will return."<i></i> Sousuke would take point. He would open the door of this cart and then move onto the next. Again the cart was filled with supplies, this one was filled with food supplies, and again there would be another cage of slaves. Sousuke would trace his eyes along the top of the roof. Katuso's attack had done some damage to the roof. The next cart they would enter contained weapons of various sizes and shapes. "This is the troop cart. This is where the troops came from."<i></i> Sousuke mentioned as he paused to have a look over the tech that was present. Nothing seemed overly advanced. There were firearms hanging from the wall and there were cartons of bullets that were strapped down. There were some armoured suits hanging up which were very much the same suits that Katuso had engaged in earlier.

The next cart again was again another supply cart, this one did not carry any slaves, but it contained high quality food supplies. As they were passing, each of the food storage units carried a marking, it was a gemstone which was the sigil of one of the Soon's Merchants being House Hismura, a Soon's Merchant who presently is engaged to the Daimyo.

MFT 300+

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back