Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The horrors of the past (Kinjutsu App)

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sun was getting low in the desert when the teen left. His head was covered in a dark grey hood, insulated against the wilds of the desert. A pack of supplies over his shoulder showed that he meant business.

Overlooking the situation five figures sat round a table, a sixth chair seemingly left open.
And lo the weary pilgrim begins his quest.
But is he ready?
He can't be, its too soon.
I don't believe there was ever a set time.
You've spent the most time watching over him, what do you think?
He has a lot to learn. A week ago I would have said he couldn't even survive the journey. But recently he has found his resolve, he has begun to face the past with open eyes.
What of his abilities?
His power has become stable, it still has room to grow. As for his aptitude? He is rediscovering that, and it is a long way until he finds his goal.
So I take it he will need a guide?
Thats what we are isn't it? Coloured shadows to his flame.
If that is all you think we are, then you might just be that. But we are in agreement as to him needing a little direction.
Will you reprise the role?
Of course.
The man closed his eyes and vanished. The others began to watch the lonely figure once more.

A week ago Kaz wouldn't have had the courage to go out into the desert by himself. Especially at night, when the so called monsters roamed. But a few nights ago he had realised that to have a life he would have to probe into his past. Otherwise he would always be haunted my what he did not know. Since then he had a vague direction from his gut, east, travelling into the sunrise. He had packed his bags and left. He had know idea how long it would take him to remember, nor how long it would take him to get back, but he couldn't live with an unknown past looming over his shoulder and terrorizing his dreams. So he began to walk, and for a few lonely hours of the night it was peaceful. Then-

Ah the first test, of courage.
And strength.

-burrowing from the sand beneath his feet, a lizard 10 foot long and with hunger in eyes knocked Kaz flying. Though surprised he reacted with speed forming hand seals instinctively. His agility allowed him to turn the throw into a flip and a stream of water impaled the lizard in the foot, as he gracefully landed.

“Dont make me do this.” For once it wasn't a plea, it was a statement. The lizard seemed to pause for a moment, then it reared breaking the bind and charging. The shinobi sighed, forming another jutsu which cause to spiralling drills of water to launch into the lizard mid charge. The first hit its eye, rupturing it, as the second raked along its back causing a vicious looking gash which spanned its body. Forming another set of handseals the ninja spoke once more.

“You don't get three warnings.” The lizard seemed to understand just enough to begin running. The build up in chakra ceased. Kaz began to walk once more, he had a few hours until he needed to stop, and his map said there were some ruins he could shelter in a mile or so ahead.

Interesting that he still showed compassion.
This was the reason that we stayed in the background. Any of us would have tied up the loose end.
Perhaps we would. Certainly he showed more restraint than any of us could.
The white haired one merely smiled. Perhaps this time things would be different.

The ruins of a small village, the only unbroken structure seemed to be a town hall of some description. Walking in Kaz saw the broken door, splintered amongst the dessicated husks.

“What the hell happened here?”

We did. A voice from behind answered.

Kaz span around to find the source, to be met with thin air.

“Where are you?”

Sit and remember.

Hesitantly Kaz sat down, closed his eyes and let his mind relax. He felt a pulling in the back of his mind and didn't resist.

”Its coming.”
The small children at the back of the hall cowered. The old man turned to the younger.

“Well, bar the door and hold it. Lets hope it runs out of steam.”

The remainder of the adults barred the door and barricaded it. The doctor at the back tended to his patient.

“You should run, and let him have me. I can't run any more. And this is what I deserve” His eyes filled with regret. He got up, slightly grunting, a haggard beard hiding a once proud face. Moving slowly to the doorway. The doctor grabbed him, pulling him back.

“He'll kill you!”

“I think after all this, its the least I deserve.”

BRING HIM OUT

Barely a second passed before the door exploded inward, the splinters greiviously wounding many. The old man was unharmed, but the doctor dropped to the floor clutching a crimson flow in his neck. From the dust a child with long purple hair and purple rippled eyes filled with anger emerged.

“Hello again Kasure” Tendrils of water began snake around his legs pinning him place. From outside five more children, identical save for their hair and eye and colours, joined Kasure. The man smiled ruefully.

“Whats the curse? May all your dreams come true? I guess it happened to me then.” The old man was unable to move any of his limbs, chains of water holding him in place. The children wore no expression on their faces.

“Why do you run?”
“Fear.”
You know what you've done.
“I know.”
Then you know what happens next.
“My punishment.”
It's good you agree
Die.

The water began to restrict, as fire and lightning erupted around him. The earth began to draw him in all while the very air was drawn from his lungs. The room faded to black.

And now you know.

“What was I?”

Broken. And we tried to help, but even when you had your vengeance you werent right. So we took you to Suna, and gave you a chance to rebuild to be whole again.

“I ruined that, I guess.”

No, we always planned for you to come back. Just not this soon, you surprised us there. You should rest in one of the other places, this one is...

“Yeah.”

Kaz moved his pack into one of the ruins and set his tent. He noticed that there were fresh tracks around, he would have to sleep lightly tonight.

He took that well
Perhaps on the surface.
We should watch closely, to make sure he doesn't break again.

Kaz was awoken by a crude knife being held to his throat. So this is what a barbershop feels like
“Can I help you?” Kaz spoke without opening his eyes, being nonchalent was sometimes the best way to impress people in dangerous situations.
“It is him, I told you!” A high pitched voice to the side excitedly exclaimed.
“Hmmm, who is what?” Kaz's deep blue eyes opened and he saw a trio of tanned adolescents with unkempt dark hair around him, they seemed vaguely familiar to him, but he couldn't place them.
“He looks different to what I remember, and he has regular eyes.” The tall boy with the knife was unsure, clearly he didn't want to attack someone for no reason. I can use that.
“He went in the hall, we should kill them for that if nothing else.” The heavy set boy seemed to be out for blood. I can use that too, if I'm careful...
“So can I help you, or are you going to let me die of old age?”
The trio looked incredulously at Kaz. He used the opportunity to stand up, pushing the knife away. They were suddenly at a loss of what to do with him.
“So where are you camped then? As I guess you are going to track me until you finish whatever business you have with me, we may as well get this over with quickly. This way is it?” He followed the obvious tracks left by them, as they trailed behind him as though scolded by their parents. The kids had been camped out of a makeshift tent. Made from what they could scavenge, it was vaguely impressive, a workable kitchen and a few beds undercover.

“So what are you kids doing here?”

“You killed our parents!” The small child accused him angrily. The taller one raised his hand, and the short one shut up immediately.

“We took in a refugee one of our scouts found wandering in the desert. A group of ninja came into our town looking for him, killing anyone they got in their way. When they found him they blew him into pieces taking out everyone else. They left immediately. And Rai here thinks you did it.”

Kasure looked down deep in thought. They deserve the truth. Then their healing can start.

“I am not the one who killed them. But it was this body.”

The big one jumped forward punching Kaz in the face. He didn't even try to block, anger was the first step. He kept punching, after a few seconds, the tall one was trying to pull him off. A minute or so later Rai was helping. Kaz was still standing, albeit in a shaky fashion. A gash above his eye and a broken nose was causing his face to swell, as blood dripped to the floor.

“Ken! KEN! Stop it, you'll kill him.”

“He did it! HE WAS THE ONE WHO RUINED OUR LIVES!” He collapsed on the floor crying.

“I can't say he's wrong. I only remember from a month or two ago. I woke up with no idea who, or what I was. Since then the only memories I've got back have been filled with pain and blood, I can't say sorry enough times to those people who the person I was hurt. I cant even begin to make up for what happened to you. If I thought that my death would help you, I would give you my life. I can only tell you that you have to move on and remember. Because only through you can those you lost live on. There is a place you can find work and food, if you want it. Go west for about a days journey and you will come across some fresh structures and a partially built wall. I get the feeling Suna is going to have more space than it needs for a little while.”

“What about you?”
Kaz turned away and began to walk back to his camp.“I'm going to make sure that what happened to your family never happens again. Even if it kills me.”

Mercy, it looks like he has grown.
Let's hope so. Next time will kill him.

The journey was harsh, the going would have been tough even without the beating he had taken. With every step Kaz grew more determined. Flashes of memory broke through the haze of pain and exhaustion. Blood and pain was all he had caused.
How does a demon redeem himself?
Through pain, through hardship, with an open heart.
“Why does that sound familiar?”
It was your family words.
“Sounds noble”
Noble and foolish.
“Fools are often the most noble people, at least in this line of work.”

Two days passed, more flashes; of a hunt of some kind of a gang. The pieces were starting to pull together but his story wasn't complete. Not yet. Yet his gut seemed to be telling him it was close. He approached another ruin, some kind of grand temple, rising steps to a broken structure, even at a distance he could see the damage: Scorch marks, blast marks, chunks torn out and walls melted. It was like a battle had happened between primordial beasts.

“I did this? I'm just a genin.”
You are now. We stepped in a little there to make sure, well you can see this...

Kaz ascended the steps, making his way inside the structure, the inner walls were initally stained red. The memories of men fleeing and being eviscerated made him gag a little, but he pushed on.

A small child ran through the back alleys of the temple. He had been called the prophet for more than a year, meant to fulfill some prophecy about bringing fame to the tribe who had been based around here forever. (Or something like that.) He didn't care really. Today Taiyokota was going to go running with him. It had been ages since he'd had a break from training and history, and got out from the dusty corridors. It would be so fun to do it again.

“What do you think you are doing?” The Priest grabbed him and dragged him back.
“Me and Taiyo are going out today!”
“So she put you up to this did she?”

The young girl was dragged to the dais. The blade came down, there was a scream.

“NOTHING, Must stop your destiny. You must train hard, and nothing will get in your way.”

The young girl clutched her stump, as the boy turned the corner, before he could react she had fled. The same happened everywhere, be it man or woman, no one wanted to risk the punishment. The boy became a teen rebel, plotting to escape and failing over and over.

“Why do you run? It's futile, you will always be dragged back here. You belong here.”

“You will never stop me from running.”

“I can't punish you its true but, that only applies to you. There are two ways to awaken your power and my patience has run its course.” He turned to the guards. “Call a meeting of the village. Its time to change tactic.”

The boy was chained up near the dais, the guards covered every entrance as the eighty or so villagers were lined up. The priest addressed his nervous audience.

“It is a time to rejoice, today we will awaken the legacy of our temple, and restore the power to this town!” He smiled and paused for effect as the majority of the crowd cheered. An elderly lady in the audience suddenly twigged what was about to happen, she turned to the girl next to her, who seemed to vanish into the crowd. “But such power requires sacrifice. Bring them forward!” Kaz only barely recognised his family, and suddenly he realised what was about to happen too.

“NO, NOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T” The knife dug in deep, and his mother dropped to the floor, his younger brother followed, he barely even knew Kaz's name. The chosen one thrashed at his chains trying to break them, to get in the way to stop this. The guards moved into the crowd, and blood began to flow in the temple. The priest began to speak in the rhetoric which he had been spouting for years to a lifeless congregation. The boy was on the floor, blood running from his wrists mixed with that of the fallen on the floor. The entirely grizzly mess took an hour. The priest demanded more 'fuel for the furnace' The guards made another sweep, the infirm and the aged came in the second sweep. The Priest grew angry at the unmoving child and demanded more blood. The next sweep found the girl. He brought her to the dais In the hopes that adding more ceremony would provoke something. The knife was raised up and as it landed into the boys chest. The priest was confused, the boy was chained up and yet a blue haired identical child had just taken the blow for the girl. Suddenly from the entrances came bursts of lightning, fire and rubble. The guards were routed immediately as four more prophets were in their midst, destroying the temple and guards alike in a blind rage. The blue haired one bodily threw the priest down the stairs, there was a sickening crunch but he got up and began running with his guards. The blue haired child ripped the knife out of himself, stabbing it into the altar where it stood, as a menacing testament to the cruelty of the man who had carried it. The blonde and brown haired children each blew one of the chains off Kaz and he got up and joined the others who began keeping his slow pace as they pursued their prey.

Kaz followed the way down in to the bowels of the temple, through the worn sandstone corridors, filled with dust and darkness. As he went further down he noted a single set of foot prints zigzagging around the labyrinthe that made up the temple. They were light, a womans probably. She can't be... He followed his vague memories of the temples layout to the heart, a study containing the scripts only the priest and his attendants were allowed to read. Just before he could knock the door opened and a girl with orange eyes and deep red hair bumped into him, the scrolls she was carrying spilled onto the floor. They tumbled into a heap.

“Taiyo?” The girled jumped and backed off, trying to work out who he was. Her eyes grew wide when she saw him.

“You came back?” She seemed nervous and began picking up the scrolls one handed. Storing them under her other arm.
“You stayed.”
“I had nowhere to go, and someone had to move them. And make sure they found some peace. But what about you? What happened?”
“I lost my memory, and everything that I've found out on my way back. The things I did. I don't” Kaz began to cry, everything that had happened had been too much. Taiyo looked shocked. She put the scrolls down and rejoined him on the floor, drawing him into a slightly awkward one armed hug.
“Why did you come back? I thought here would be the last place you would come.”
“It started to stop the memories resurfacing, I needed to find out where I came from. But learning what I had done...”
“Through pain, through hardship, and with an open heart.” Taiyo delivered the motto as a whisper.
“Exactly, I need to take control of the power, to make sure that I'm the one who uses it. Not the pain, not the anger, me.”
“Well I guess its a good thing I stayed then.” Her smile made all the storms in his head vanish.
“You've got a plan?”
“Better, I've got the records.”

The study was just big enough to accommodate the two of them and the scrolls. Taiyo had arrayed them all about herself, with her own serious of annotated notes in hand she began to excitedly explain.
“So in the time you were gone, I started translating the old diaries of the clan and-”
“Lost my memory remember?”
“Oh, err, I guess we start with the long version. Ok, lets see if I remember this right.” She cleared her throat. It was apparently going to be one of those stories.

“So, the inventor of ninjutsu was the sage of six paths, he was power incarnate, his mastery extended over each of the base elements as well as non elemental jutsu. He was rumoured to have power over life and death himself. Once every so often someone is born with similar powers to his, incredible ninjutsu powers, and they can supposedly use their chakra to reanimate and possess the dead. The sign of these was the rinnegan, a doujutsu, purple eyes which have ripples, which even the dead bodies gain. I think you've seen it before though? Anyway, then comes our clans founder, who fought alongside the one king in his war against the ancient courts, unlike other sages his power manifested mid battle, his rinnegan burst open and each elemental part of his chakra became their own body devastating all before them. He was given dominion over this land and he formed this temple. Through his line a new variant was formed, instead of animating the dead, they were capable of pulling the power from their own body, forming their chakra into bodies which acted of their own accord but were bound to the creators will. So I think thats the catch up, Questions?”

“Errr, I dont think so. I guess I need to know how to awaken this power again.”
“Hmm well to do it safely you need to show 'the will of your house' this should allow you to show dominance over your 'other selves' or possibly 'companions' I'm not really sure, then you have to mani-”
“Lets start with that.” Kaz sat on the floor, adopting a meditation position, legs crossed and thought about why he wanted this power. He closed his eyes and remembered every horrible moment, the blood spilled, the lives lost, innocent and guilty. This has to lead to something, and it can NEVER happen again He felt power flood through him, starting at his core and spreading to his extremeties. As the power spread so did his consciousness, he felt the stone around him, the air and the fire lighting the room, the static caused by Taiyos hair, deep beneath the earth he felt the lake which fed the the well nearby. Kaz opened his now purple rippled eyes. And saw more than he could have ever imagined, colours were more vibrant and rich, details seemed to stand out with ease and the flows of chakra through himself and Taiyo were overlaid onto his vision.
“Step one complete. Now to go talk to myself.”

I think I can help there.

Kaz entered a dark space, a table with four very familiar faces was all that could be seen. Behind him walked another.

“So how does this work then? Do I have to wrestle you or play shogi or something?”

All you had to was prove you were more fitting than us to lead
You showed your courage.
You showed your compassion.
You showed your determination.
And by coming here you have shown you are ready. So the real question is, what do you want to know?

“Names would be nice.” They all smiled at that, almost like he had made a secret joke.
Kioku, Satto.
Kioku, Yaketsuku.
Kioku, Tatsumaki.
Kioku, Raiton.
Kioku, Jishin.
“Kioku, Kasure. Lets get on.”

The purple eyes opened, a smirk couldn't be concealed from his face.

“Kaz are you ok?”
“So what was the next part?” Taiyo snorted slightly in amusement before rifling through sheaf of notes.
“This is where the translation got a little tricky. You apparently have to use the essence of the element and trap it within your chakra to summon it permanently. Thats as simple as I can put it, the accounts differ a lot on how you do this...”
Ideas?
None that can help...
You don't ask a kunai how to get out of the scroll.
“Taiyo...” A gleam appeared in his eyes.
“I take it you have a plan.”
“Sort of, where is your water source?”
“A few doors down to the left. I can take you if you'd like.”
“I'll meet you there, I need to get something upstairs.”

The well was in a hexagonal room, odd carvings in an unreadable language filled the walls. Taiyo was met by Kas with an embrace, both reassuring and loving.

“Just incase this goes badly, I'm sorry for all I've put you through”
“What do you mean?”
“I caused you to lose a hand, lose everyone you knew, and I left you and came back with no memory. I can't say sorry enough times, but if this works, you could come back with me.”
The smile that bloomed on her face almost made him weep.
“You don't have to say sorry for others actions, or for losing your memory. If you want to make it up to me, then come back out.” Kaz nodded then walked in the room and closed the door.

Slowly and carefully Kaz performed the handseals, pulling pure water from the deep pool below, he focused it forming a water prison which he held in one hand. He pulled the knife which had killed so many of his blood, its blade stained a deep red, and cut the palm of the arm holding the prison. The blood filled the sphere like smoke in a dingy bar. Then he began pouring his chakra into the sphere. After a few minutes the sphere finished metamorphosis into a glowing sphere of crimson. And now it becomes a test of endurance. He held the prison for an hour, seeing the chakra system form and begin to pulse, it strengthened until it was a similar power level to an academy student. He held it a few moments more, then moved it so he didn't contaminate the water supply.

The blue haired body burst forth, his rippled deep blue eyes would have been a twisted mirror a few hours ago. Kaz began to teeter feeling a lot weaker now the deed was complete. Satto caught him and wrapped his hood around the hand wound.

“TAIYO!”

The girl rushed in, and began to tending to Kaz immediately. It seemed that she had been prepared for this occurrence.

“He's stable, but should rest for a- you're naked.”

“Oh, err, awkward. If you'd close your eyes I'll go get one of the spare sets of clothes from the luggage, Satto, by the way. Nice to meet you.
Taiyo closed her eyes as he left the room.

“I think he brought some blue shirts, I'd hate to be out of colour.”

[Topic Left] 4376 Words.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back