Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Wicked Storm [Mission S Rank]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Katsuo blew a sigh of relief as the reattachment of Sousuke's arm went smoothly. Shinobi medical skills were nothing short of fantastical in nature and the feats that medics were able to achieve with them when they put their mind to it were totally amazing to the Masashi who had never possessed the spiritual dexterity necessary to learn even basic healing techniques. There was one technique he knew in particular which could repair damage done to someone's body but nothing like the feat of healing mastery that Nanami had just performed. Releasing Sousuke, Katsuo gave him a reassuring pat and watched as Makoto went about blasting open a passage for them to head to the surface.

Reaching behind him with his off-hand, Katsuo gripped Tatsumasa's sheath to steady it as he quickly sheathed the blade back into it's scabbard in a single fluid motion. It didn't drain him to keep the sword drawn but the blade of the sword gushed with his lightning chakra and would make it impossible for them to progress any further into the storm without being very rapidly noticed. Upon that, Sousuke commented about the acidic nature of the sandworm's innards and to that Katsuo said nothing about already having broken Tatsumasa once during his trial to obtain the spark of Primus. He knew that it would upset Sousuke to find out that he'd shattered the blade that his ancestors had made but on the flipside he might also enjoy knowing that Judori had managed to reforge the weapon perhaps even stronger than before. It certainly felt good to wield. Like an extension of his arm, almost.

"It was the quickest way I could think of to handle the threat." Katsuo admitted. Sandworms were notoriously difficult to kill through conventional means and while he certainly possessed a great deal more power in the form of the otherworldly lightning that the spark of Primus granted him he also knew that sandworms had naturally adapted to withstand bursts of electrical energy thanks to sharing an ecosystem with the gargantuan predatory lizards called carnasaurs which could vomit bolts of lightning seemingly at will. The particular Transcendent Sword technique that he'd used supposedly had been invented to slay dragons in the days before written history but that was likely enough nothing more than fairy tales. "I'll be careful though, I promise."

With that, Katsuo turned and began to tackle the long climb back up to the surface. The path that Makoto had carved for them was steep and uncomfortable to climb but it was better than trying to scale a sheer wall or attempting to use his gravity chakra to get back to the surface. It was certainly a possibility that he might have been able to make something work but it wasn't a sure thing and the distance between the floor of the cavern and the ceiling was an awfully long way to fall if his gamble didn't pay off. Taking a deep breath as he walked, Katsuo willed his spirit to a calm state and tried to clear his mind for the time being to focus on the coming trial ahead. They'd defeated the sandworm certainly but that had been an accidental diversion of the true objective. They knew now that there was someone at the center of the storm controlling it and they were doing absolutely everything within their power to keep the group from reaching the center of it at the large rock formation they'd seen which meant they were almost certainly in for a fight when they arrived.
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [SCENE BGM - NONE]"][/legend]
Dropping all maintains and entering a state of Resting while we climb.[/col]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Even aside from considerations of how sane or stable Makoto might be, it would probably be for the best he and Nanami did not go down that road, as the inevitable realization that they were distant cousins was looming on the horizon somewhere in the likely-near future.

Not that either of them yet knew that. Shh.

"If you attempted to take any of my weapons from me, even to give a well-deserved smack for recklessness, I'd have to hurt you," Makoto said coolly. "My family considers it a grave insult for anyone else to touch our weapons without permission; it's one reason why we make our own."

...And not that anyone would particularly want him, regardless of degree of relation.

It was probably also best for Nanami that she was engaging in a delicate medical procedure, or he would assuredly have given her a light smack in the head for her earlier recklessness that lead to them all being down there in the first place.

The sand flowing inward in response to now having space to do so was something he'd considered--hence the angle. Still, it oughtn't to be too difficult to get up there before the whole place flooded with sand, and it was much better than the ceiling caving in on their heads.

Although in some ways that would just be a nice cap to the perfect day.

He glanced back at the others embarking on the procedure and leaned against the wall, waiting. He wouldn't be much use in this; he was not especially suited for medical work in any way. He wasn't strong enough to hold down someone like Sousuke without the aid of chakra, and being that near that kind of injury made him queasy, something he'd never openly admit.

He absently accepted a cherry lollipop from Nanami anyway, despite his earlier remarks. What the hell, as long as he wasn't being singled out for it.

Unlike the others, he had been conserving chakra to this point, so it was little trouble to call up his hexagonal chakra shields again. He was still maintaining his oddly-not-earthen earthen protection as well, but neither were all that much strain on him. The hexagons zipped ahead of the group and up the tunnel to stem the flow of sand while they climbed and emerge split seconds ahead of the leader, Nanami, to guard from incoming attack. Only then did he start the climb himself.

The angle he had cast it at meant they were getting relatively near the storm's controller, after all, and he was unlikely to take that lying down.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
x9NSGQa.gif

The tunnel, narrow but large enough for even the largest among them to pass with minimal difficulty. Small rivers of sand ran down the steep angled tunnel and granules of sand rained down on their heads, but they emerged from the make-shift cavern unscathed. On the surface they were beyond the lightning wall that prevented their passage. Tiny pebbles could be seen rolling across the surface and being expelled through the energized wall, becoming as crystals as they were expelled into the raging maelstrom. The plateau not terribly far was split down through the center, a pillar of white hot energy escaping from it into the twisting heavens. The sky above the plateau appeared wicked, churning slowly and crackling with electricity that illuminated the darkened clouds. A trio of lightning bolt shot down from the sky, striking two of Makoto's chakra shields as they broke through to the surface, the third failing to strike anything.

They were not far, not far from who or whatever was controlling this storm. The mystery of what or who was causing this terrible offense would soon be revealed. Makoto's senses might discern that they have been recognized. That they have intruded on dangerous land, their footprints the only ones seen. Nobody had traversed these uneven golden fields in some time. In a place where no one would come and go, what could persist? Even those without an intuitive sense but rather a perceptive one might feel a tingle in the back of their brain. Things were not adding up, the uncanny nature of the storm and the source. The raw power involved in manipulating the heavens. The unrelenting force that has persisted for nearly thirty years. Nothing would emerge from the the split plateau but the sky seemed to swell and grow dark. Something was coming.

What Happened?
  • Sousuke took with him a sample of the sandworm and is climbing the steep tunnel to the surface.
  • Sousuke PM'd me that he is resting as well and climbing the steep tunnel to the surface.
  • Katsuo is resting and climbing the steep tunnel to the surface.
  • Makoto sent Chakra Shields out before them through the tunnel and to the surface.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]No further complications arose while trekking the tunnel upwards, although they were all a bit dustier for the climb. The woman, in particular, looked particularly scruffy, dust smudged on her left cheek and nose when she scratched at it. She was going to say something. About how that climb being relatively easy was an ominous sign. But she was cut off as one of their shields shattered. “Never mind,” she sighed, with a click of her tongue instead.

Looking back to find themselves clear of the lightning barrier, though, was at least something. Although they might have passed it quicker, had the doctor not panicked before. “One has to wonder, what can survive out here and cause this storm. It can’t be human. Not completely, at least,” she hummed making no move to erect barriers of her own. She had a feeling she’d need all her energy to make sure they all got through this fight without anymore missing limbs. Besides, Shiruko was already taking care of it, to an extent.

“I must inquire though. Has this storm been a recent development? Or did they start around the same time the Cabal terrorist group appeared? It might not be correlated. But I am curious, nonetheless,” she called out. It might yield useful information as well, ignoring the fact that she asked it so late in this... game. Nonetheless, it was better late than never. And, at its worst, it would be small talk to keep their minds off grim possibilities that may await them deeper in the eye of the storm.
|</FONTFACE>[legend="[b]Out of Character Notes[/b]"]
  • Resting this round. And, if permitted, consider me rested the previous round too. 23% of my HP and and 26% of my CP is regained per round.
[/legend]<FONTFACE fontface="monospace">[/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"This storm,"<i></i> Sousuke began, "Has been of this magnitude and power before I was born."<i></i> Sousuke was not thirty, Katuso was closer to thirty than he was. The Steward continued his ascent. The sandworm arm failed for a moment to grasp He gritted his teeth and tried once more. Got it. It was a sluggish motion, with no finesse. "Kaito had offered us some insight as into getting where we currently are at. Should we prove ... successful in this undertaking things will change for us, hopefully for the better. Sunlight to me is an unnatural thing."<i></i> The loss of the Sunahoshi was a major blow to Suna, which led to the isolationism. Suna didn't turn away visitors, Suna merely had to regain its strength. Whether or not the Cabal understood that in its entirety was different yet again. Kaito didn't think much of it of course. He had no qualms with the mass murder of Suna residents to prove a point. "Kaito and his company got to where we currently are, but the storm pushed them back. At the very least we seem to be one step closer. Their intention was to put an end to the storm, though it concerns me what they would do if they had put their hands on the source of it."<i></i>

Sousuke backtracked to the previous question. "There are few who can endure this. Most who are which... not human. Reptile like in features, but were travelling underground with a fin sticking out."<i></i> He had engaged entities before which seemed to have acquired a hard shell capable of enduring the storm. For how long? He wasn't sure. He didn't quite get enough time to ask as he was the one under attack, and more importantly he was thrusting the Black Blade into the creature's bladed head to cause it a cease function. "Well... said creature had humanoid features, but ... Katuso would be more acknowledgeable. He's been on the surface longer than I have been."<i></i> Sousuke paused mid climb. "My metallic construct. I don't sense it anymore. I have to expect it was obliterated by the lightning wall ... which I presume ... has been dealt with...?"<i></i> Sousuke looking up saw the darkening skies. This could ... be a problem. The Steward called earth to him coating him with earthen plates. His steel may have failed, but he still had the earth to coat his flesh. "Danger."<i></i> He warned, which of course was obvious from Makoto's shields being blasted and destroyed.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]"Things will be better." Katsuo promised, a tone of finality to his words. If there was any one thing he was committed to it was forging a better future for Sand. To that end he had recruited members of the Cabal -- formerly enemies of the state -- to turn their knowledge and skills against their former employer that had used them as weapons against Sunagakure. Katsuo was practical enough to know that killing them would do nothing more than fuel an inferno of vengeance in the hearts of Sunagakure that would threaten to consume Wind Country if left alone. He had more to consider than simply the lives of the men and women that lived within the walls of Sunagakure. For years now the common people of Wind Country had suffered the simultaneous neglect of both the Wind Daimyo and of Sunagakure for their various reasons and it had been up to individuals with a strong sense of justice and responsibility to take up defense of the frontier from the monsters and dark hearted men that threatened innocent folk.

In the end, that was the underlying thing which drove Katsuo to the actions he made. Protecting people. Long ago that had been the path he'd chosen and even now he walked that path while heading directly into the heart of the Diamond Maelstrom. Perhaps this mission could hold some significance for him as the offspring of the late Kazekage but it would also be a marked improvement of life for the people on the surface as the Maelstrom was well known for it's dangerous territory and capacity to take the lives of unwary travelers and savvy desert-folk alike.

Lances of lightning rained down from the heavens and were knocked away by Makoto's interdicting chakra shields, protecting the group from the damage that they might have done. They were growing close to the source of the storm -- it could be felt in the very air around them. The sky crackled once more with the looming threat of more lightning but Katsuo would not be deterred. Even if the others chose to turn back, which he knew they would not, he would still persevere to see his task through.
Not a lot to say. Still Resting, though.[/col]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
If he'd had the time and chakra to spare, Makoto could have made the tunnel more pleasant to pass through. As it was, functional took priority over comfortable. They were all ninja; they could manage a little bit of crawling through the stone and sand.

That didn't mean he wasn't glad his still-active chakra armor kept him from getting too dirty, though. Not to mention scrapes; he intended to come out of this as uninjured as possible. Which seemed relatively likely unless he was incredibly unlucky in the inevitable fight against the storm's controller.

It probably helped that he wasn't charging at things with no heed paid to his own safety.

And that he kept renewing their shields every time they went down.

Speaking of which...he had to do so almost immediately on hitting the surface, since two out of the four shields were immediately struck by lightning.

"I suppose no one else has any kind of chakra armor they feel like wearing? I assure you, it helps." He glanced at Nanami; the shields were covering here slightly more than the others from a combination of her injury and lack of armor. "I would recommend everyone put what defenses they can up, incidentally. He most definitely knows we're here, and I would wager that attack was not incidental."

He agreed with Nanami's basic assessment. Relatively sure there is very little human left in him, actually.

"And if you are going to try and talk to the person in charge of this mess," he added, directed mostly at the two Sand natives, "I would keep in mind the fact that he is barely human in mindset anymore as far as I can tell from earlier, and will be unlikely at best to respond to normal appeals of emotion or reason."

So this storm had been around for quite a while. Well then.

"One could put forward a theory," he said thoughtfully. "Presumably, the person who headed out to try and control the storm originally sunk their consciousness too far into the storm itself, and lost touch with their own humanity. As long as their consciousness is in the storm, they may be subconsciously drawing energy from it to maintain their physical body, to sustain themselves. It creates a sort of feedback loop--the man behind it draws tiny bits of energy, but because he is a ninja with a strong chakra pool, he feeds far more in. Eventually he reaches a sort of balance with a distance he wishes to expand the storm to in his altered state, and is able to monitor through it and begin throwing up obstacles--even specifically target attacks within a certain range."

He paused for breath.

"Although it's worth noting I haven't the foggiest why someone would deliberately set out to try and control a storm--or a desert, if he caused the storm entirely." He shrugged. "Or what they thought they'd be doing or even accomplish doing so. I suppose it's possible he could have deliberately tried to isolate Sand--it was certainly the effect."

He twirled a finger in the air idly, sheathing his parasol so he could guide the shields with his hands to block from attack more easily. Just in case.

"Or I could be speculating and completely wrong, who knows." He spread his palms in the air. "I'm sure I don't have all the information here."

His talking was also indirectly trying to keep everyone distracted from the imminent feelings of doom no doubt going through all of them. They were definitely walking through the front parlor of a very powerful madman, after all...

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Takahashi Sousuke
HP: 42,600[-3515] 39,085
CP: 35,400 [-448] 34,952
AP: 10
Effects: Earthen Coating (The user takes -10% damage. Attacks against the user have a 12% chance of activating the 'Density' effect lowering all damage by half.); Storm Control
Notes:|Mizushima Nanami
HP: 42,000 [-1665] 40,335
CP: 36,000 [+1080]
Effects: Storm Control
Notes:[/col]

[col]Masashi Katsuo
HP: 48,000 [-1800] 46,200
CP: 28,200
Notes:|Shiruko Makoto
HP: 37,245 [-1665] 35,580
CP: 29,611 [-280] 29,331
Effects: Chakra Shield; Storm Control; Earthen Coating (The user takes -10% damage. Attacks against the user have a 12% chance of activating the 'Density' effect lowering all damage by half.)
Notes:[/col]

A trio of lightning bolts shot down from the heavens. 3 pillars of pure energy escaped the blackened heavens as snaking, twisting columns that were aimed at the adventurers. One of Makoto's chakra shields zipped in front of Nanami, sacrificing itself whilst taking the blow. It shattered into nothing and could not save her as a second bolt of lightning shot down and struck Nanami where she stood. One-billion bolts of electricity ran through the young medical mercenary before escaping through her mary janes. The third torrent of electricity coursed through Katsuo, more powerful than the other two, likely bringing with it convulsing pains despite his personal affinity to the weather.

They were not incredibly close to the split-rock plateau but perhaps they were too close already. Makoto might sense the fact that they had whatever was behind this' undivided attention. If they charged the great stone formation, from which an incredible energy was being eliminated into the churning black heavens. A man was there, always facing forward, but not in the direction of the travelers four. Older, but not incredibly so, perhaps forty. Skin, tanned like leather, his body donned only a tattered gi. His hands moved with an unreal grace yet also ferocity, each gesture and stance defined by abrupt and precise movements. His jaw clenched tight, his eyes sparked with energy as he gazed into the storm he manifested.

The light seems to depart from this battleground and the air did grow cold. A wet, frozen precipitation blew in, chilling all those present to the bone. The frigid temperature, perhaps something that those not native to the desert would be accustomed to but not those who lived their entire life in wind country. A land that knew not snow. Obscured perhaps by the growing blizzard, a quintet of crescent blades made of pure chakra energy were made plain. They spun out, seeking the interlopers with uncanny accuracy. The first hit Nanami before it ricocheted into Katsuo. Makoto's final hexagonal chakra shield saved Makoto from this attack. Katsuo and Sousuke suffered direct blows as well, in fact Sousuke was targeted twice and the final scythe-like attack bounced into Makoto.

The 'storm-god' opened his mouth as if about to scream and faced the heavens. A current of energy to the wicked sky followed by a frenzy of handseals that heralded a blast of fire-energy into the same celestial spaces. The sky grew quiet, but only for a moment as the 'god' spoke - his dry lips parted and in a whisper that resembled dry leaves blowing over pavement he uttered
"Run"

What Happened?<i></i>
  • 0.00 seconds | Storm Call was cast - 3 lightning bolts.
    • Lightning Bolt #1 was aimed at Nanami. HIT!
      • One of Makoto's Chakra Shields took the attack for Nanami and has been destroyed.
      Lightning Bolt #2 was aimed at Nanami. HIT!
      Lightning Bolt #3 was aimed at Katsuo. CRITICAL HIT!
    2.00 seconds | Storm Control was cast. A massive storm effects everyone in the battle besides the caster. (Snow chills to reduce dodge by 3 and ups the chakra cost of everyone but the user by 6%)
    5.00 seconds | Gates of Babylon is cast with the Blast effect Special Action.
    • Energy Blade #1 was aimed at Nanami. HIT! Blast Effect! Additional target: Katsuo. HIT!
      Energy Blade #2 was aimed at Makoto. HIT! Blast Effect!
      • One of Makoto's Chakra Shields took the attack for Makoto and has been destroyed. Makoto was never hit, nor did Blast Effect ever take place.
      Energy Blade #3 was aimed at Sousuke. HIT! No additional effect.
      Energy Blade #4 was aimed at Katsuo. HIT! No additional effect.
      Energy Blade #5 was aimed at Sousuke. HIT! Blast effect! Additional target: Makoto. HIT! Failed to cause the density effect.
    8.00 seconds | Kirin has been cast.
    10.0 seconds | Dragon Fire has been cast at the sky.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Although this was honestly not the best time for stories, the knowledge may mean life or death for them in the long run. Definitely, hopefully, not the latter. From what Sousuke said, she was half expecting them to be fighting a lizard and human hybrid of some kind. Katsuo neither confirmed nor denied this fact, however, and they would be seeing the face of their enemy soon enough anyway.

“The chakra armour I know to form will only slow me down, Makoto-san. Crystal armour, poorly and hastily crafted with my techniques, is heavy. I have no wish to sink into the sands,” the doctor sighed. As it was, the desert was annoying enough to traverse. She knew one other chakra armour that she could make but that was neither here nor there.

Makoto’s speculations were interesting as well. A lot more interesting as the fact that Nanami forgot there was a sandworm harpoon sticking out of her chest. It was, however, the latter that would catch her attention. And for good reason.

The first blow was aimed at her. And as, apparently, one billion bolts of electricity ran through her from the tippy top of her brunette head to the very bottom of her Mary Janes, something else started to sizzle. The appendage going through her turned to ashes, unprotected by the sturdy and ever stubborn shinobi chakra like she was. And, thankfully, the hole that should have been there was cauterized meaning no immediate harm would come of it.

She went down to her knees and let loose a muted scream of pain. There was no point in being stubborn about the pain, when the action could help psychologically to an extent. Soon enough, she was suddenly blasted away to fall face first into snow...

Wait, what?

The snow, despite it being an annoyance, was nice. She packed a handful into a ball and pressed it to the tender spot on her chest as she stood up with gritted teeth. Just in time too, to see lightning and fire sent towards the skies. “That... is not a good sign. I suggest we take him down at our soonest convenience,” she muttered.

Already, she was readying herself for what may be the hardest fight in her long thirty years of life. Her focus was on the so called Storm God. However, she would have to remind herself that she had patients... allies to worry about too. She had never fought with allies before. Not only because she rarely fought in general, but, also because she had always travelled alone before.

Why was she hanging around crazy shinobi again?
  • Summary:

0.0 AP - Activate Duelist against the 'Storm God'
    - Choosing +2 Ninjutsu Accuracy

2.0 AP - Phoenix's Embrace (Mastered)

3.0 AP - Steam Snare (Mastered)

2.5 AP - Moonstone Shower (Mastered)
    - Special Action: Pay +25% CP to hit the 'Storm God' with an additional stream

2.5 AP - Shadow Threads (Rank 3)
    - Use to bind rather than spear

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke noted that his current armour set did nothing to reduce the damage from the two lightning bolts he had been hit with. The surprise would continue as the weather began to rapidly change. A blizzard? This was ... catastrophic endgame cataclysmic events going on. If this individual was manipulating the weather this easily it would throw the entire desert's bio-status off. That was... most troubling. If this was not dealt with, then Suna ... and a portion of Wind would be subjected to a force event that had destroyed Mist. Sousuke had always prepared for events like this. Preventing cataclsymics was what he trained for and theorized about. Sousuke's armour began to shift and change colour. It turned to emerald as he forced his current armour to upgrade to a higher form. While this armour was slightly more taxing, it had other benefits to it, decreasing his offensive actions to being hindered, by whatever this new threat would throw at him. "This rapid weather change will cause irreversible damage to the desert and territories beyond. This has to cease and desist..."<i></i> Sousuke drew the Black Blade and shifted into a defensive stance, while doing so the Black Blade transformed into a Rune Blade.

The threat level was high, but there was some level of assessment to be had. Should this threat push even higher yet, Sousuke would push back with the experimental MkIV ... which had only limited field test runs due to the ... complicated nature of truly merging with the Black Blade.

Their nemesis had some distance between him and them. This could turn into a projectile battle. That was not in best of interest for this scenario. Sousuke and Katuso were melee combatants. Sousuke could take to using projectiles, but that would be quite exhausting. The Steward drove his runeblade into the ground and forced the earth around him to extend forward to form a bridge. Their nemesis told them to run. Run from what? Him? He was what was causing this in the first place. "He's not even facing us."<i></i> Sousuke observed finally. This was something that puzzled him. Strange. "Yet... we have his attention..."<i></i>

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Sousuke was only partially right in his assumption that their group -- or more specifically -- Katsuo was at a disadvantage in this scenario. The man that Sousuke had met in the Kazekage Tower in the weeks before the Cabal siege upon Sunagakure might have lacked for options at this juncture but he had done undergone a great deal of growth since coming to the city of his forefathers by way of discovering and unlocking his birthright. In many ways he still fought to understand the true potential of the power that he wielded but there was one thing for certain. He had been wrong all these years about lacking the traditional gift of the Sunahoshi which was the ability to manipulate the minerals of the Earth in special ways. He'd always assumed that since he possessed the Zenjingan like his mother that somehow the blood of Sunahoshi Nori had thinned to the point where it was up in the air if his descendants would still receive the gift that he'd been given by the Desert Queen Suna.

As it turned out, the powers of his ancestors that he thought he had been born without had only needed a little bit of a push. The spark of Primus had entered his body and ignited the blood of the Sunahoshi in ways that he could never have even imagined. Even now standing beneath the raging storm created by their opponent, Katsuo could feel the storm's ebb and flow like that of a living being's heart. Gilded lightning pouring from his extremities in excitement at the prospect of an opponent that could bend the sky to their will in the same way that he could, Katsuo reached up and plucked his helmet from his head after un-doing the mask portion of the helmet and stored it away in the condensing scroll that he used to store the item before sliding the small item away into his gear. If he was going to fight this battle he would do so with his face exposed.

It was only right, after all.

"Gonna try and do something about the storm before we close in. It's too unpredictable right now the way things are going." Katsuo spoke to nobody in particular as his eyes remained locked on the storm in the same way that the "storm god's" eyes were. His body already ached from the blasts of lightning that had rained down upon them from their opponent's attacks but he did his best to smothered the pain and focus instead on his objective. He had to take away the control of the storm before the "storm god" could leverage it's power any further against them.
  • Primary Actions
    • Mark Storm God for Duelist (Ninjutsu Accuracy) [0 AP]
    • Activate Mangekyou Sharingan [1 AP - 318 CP/rnd + accelerated via Initiative]
    • Cast Storm Call [2 AP - 636 CP (302 CP/rnd maintain)]
      • Target myself with all three bolts to heal myself.
    • Casting Storm Control to attempt to take away control of the storm from the Storm God. [2 AP - 954 CP (318/rnd maintain)]
      • If Storm Control is successfully cast and I gain control of the storm switch the weather effects to Snow and Rain.[/url]
    • Attempt to negate Storm God's Kirin with Shinra Tensei (Master Rank) + Special Action #2 [3 AP / 3373 CP]
  • Conditionals
    • If casting Storm Control fails the first time, continue until I either succeed, run out of AP or run out of conditionals. Whichever comes first.
Actions include increased 6% CP cost debuff.[/col]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[Post Theme - Facing an Inhuman Foe]

The enemy's opening salvo was sudden and hard, triplet lightning bolts coming out of nowhere that Makoto only narrowly managed to intercept one of with his shields. He grimaced; his defenses would definitely not hold under this level of attack. Defensive was only a good way to go when combatting things like the storm--things that required endurance and care rather than quick reactions.

In this case, their best defense would be a good offense.

Didn't need a sixth sense to tell me it's paying attention. He glanced at Nanami and Katsuo, but they didn't appear to be too badly injured. If they were--well, they had a medic.

"Well, there are clearly other senses at work here than that body's eyes," he noted. "We are, after all, most definitely and thoroughly noticed."

The temperature dropped abruptly. He swore and drew his scarf around his neck tighter, but it didn't do a whole lot. This kind of cold seemed to seep into the flesh and bones, past any and all coverings. Or maybe that was just the fact that he was from a tropical climate.

Not as if any of the others would be faring much better, either.

He jerked instinctively at the next attack, flinging his hands forward and drawing the last active shield to himself to block it. Unfortunately, another of the blades seemed to ricochet off Sousuke, the aftershock striking him in the side and sending a jarring shock through him.

Well, now everyone's taken at least one hit, he thought sourly, before his instinct tugged his attention skyward, ...Oh hell no.

He knew that technique, having mastered it himself. It was a fantastic one to use when you didn't care about hurting yourself, he had to admit that. It would most likely hit every single one of them without fail, unless someone did something.

Unfortunately, he didn't have any way to properly disrupt it. He had ways to evade it, yes, which he would have to, but he couldn't find a solution to stop it. It was possible one of the others could, but he wasn't going to bank on that.

No, let's go back to the 'good offense' part.

He glanced at Nanami, who had covered her wound with the snow, apparently having a higher cold tolerance than the rest f them. Aside from him, she was the most fragile one there, and had already taken a rather bad injury. If he had been about to attempt defense, she was the logical choice.

"Seconded," he said in response to her call for offense. "Four of us and one of him means if we levy a decent enough offense he should go down--assuming that knocking the body unconscious will do anything to stop what or whoever is controlling it. And let's just say, I know of that technique. If it hits--and if it does, it would hit all of us--it will most definitely hurt."

The man telling them to run...was that the body's original owner?

Did he instead head out to tackle some kind of obstacle, and have his native powers warped into...this? How curious.

"Either he can sense us in a way at least as good as sight as long as we are in the storm itself, or there is something else at work here, controlling him and the whole thing," he said in response to Sousuke's confusion. "With a bit more data now, I can say it seems likely that he did not set out to cause this, but to fight something which overwhelmed him and used him for this...and I place a fair bit more confidence on that theory. Not that we should go easy on that body because of it, because if we do the thing will kill us."

Matter of fact, because he was pretty damn sure of it. And because he was relatively decent at concealing the fact that he really, really didn't want to die doing this.

And he was not at an especial disadvantage in ranged combat. He could move closer in, of course, and did in a pinch, but he was definitely not at an especial disadvantage here.

He thought of and discarded a tactic for this situation. Normally, he would set his opponent on fire, but Sousuke was a swordsman, which he knew from the sandworm interlude. It would be best not to let those flames spread.

Hopefully whatever Katsuo was going to do to combat the force behind the storm worked. He doubted most could work in those conditions long.

In the meantime, it was best he go on the attack.

[legend="[b]OOC Notes/Actions[/b]"]Designate target for CA Skill Pressure as 'Storm God.' (0 AP)
Amp Field - target Storm God. (2.5 AP)
Gigavolt Cannon - target Storm God. (2.5 AP)
Chakra Blast - target Storm God (2.5 AP)

Conditionals:
-If Kirin is not negated, cast Flock of Shadows to evade it. (2.5 AP)
-If Kirin is negated, instead cast Shadow Shuriken Replication (2.5 AP) with CA skill Strike the Spirit - target Storm God.
-If I recognize I'm under a Genjutsu, use Cancel with Willpower Special Action (0 AP)[/legend]<i>
</i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]Takahashi Sousuke
HP: 39,085 [-25356] 13,729
CP: 34,952 [-3091] 31,861
AP: 11
Effects: Earthen Coating (The user takes -10% damage. Attacks against the user have a 12% chance of activating the 'Density' effect lowering all damage by half.); Storm Control; Amethyst Casting (-10% damages taken, 28% chance to resist being inflicted with bleeding or suppression); Defensive Stance with Defensive Technique (10% DR and -4 acc + 4 dodge); Mystic Transmutation
Notes:
20% LESS Genjutsu CP Cost
20% LESS Ninjutsu CP Cost
10% Less Damage TAKEN from Taijutsu.
5% additional damage reduction from Ebon Blade
+ 5% damage TAKEN from Ninjutsu
-10% Damage Taken while in Defensive Mode
TA 23 - NA 19 - E 24|Mizushima Nanami
HP: 40,335 [-26509] 13,826
CP: 36,000 [+1080] [-4333] 32,747
Effects: Storm Control; Electromagnetic Vision (a 21% chance of causing them to switch targets randomly during an action. Additionally, there is a 10% chance of them seeing 'double' of any specific target.)
Notes:
Duelist: + 10% Nin damage against Storm God & + 2 Nin accuracy against Storm God & 10% autododge; - 2 accuracy from all other opponents & - 2 dodge from all other opponents
Nara's Slippery Mind: +2 Gen Save and Awareness
Nara's Shadow Tactics: +10% Damage, +1 Accuracy while in shade.
Dark Sage: -10% CP Cost, +2 Ninjutsu Accuracy
Fearless: +10% DR to all Damage, -1 Evasion and Gen Save
Hyperactive: +3% Max CP every round
Jutsu Mastery: -10% CP Cost, -50% CP Cost for Special Actions
NA 32 - GA 23 - E 19|Masashi Katsuo
HP: 46,200 [+2250][-7301] 41,149
CP: 28,200 [-4311] 23,899
Notes:
+10% Damage Reduction [5% from Vanguard Augment / 5% from Journeyman]
+15% Storm Damage
+10% Lightning [Storm/Magnetic/Gravity] Damage
All Hidden Actions are revealed via PM.
Terrain/Visibility effects are treated as two steps in my favor
+ 10% Nin damage against Storm God & 10% autododge
+ 2 Nin accuracy against Storm God
+3 accuracy & dodge (sharingan)
- 2 accuracy from all other opponents
- 2 dodge from all other opponents
NA 33 - E 26[/col3]

[col3]Shiruko Makoto
HP: 35,580 [-12224] 23,356
CP: 29,331 [-2802] 26,529
Effects: Chakra Shield; Storm Control; Earthen Coating (The user takes -10% damage. Attacks against the user have a 12% chance of activating the 'Density' effect lowering all damage by half.); Electromagnetic Vision (a 21% chance of causing them to switch targets randomly during an action. Additionally, there is a 10% chance of them seeing 'double' of any specific target.); Shadow Threads (-4 dodge/accuracy penalty)
Notes:
Class Modifier: +2 Accuracy and +10% Ninjutsu Damage
Chakra Attuned: -15% Ninjutsu cost, one-handed seals, +10% Ninjutsu damage; All Elemental Damage caused by the user is treated as Non-Elemental Damage. Gives Ninjutsu +10% Damage that bypasses half of the target's damage reduction.
Deflection: Partial hits upon the user are treated as one rank lower & attacks which initially miss the user have a 10% chance of being deflected to a different random target.
Human Anatomy: +1 Critical Range to all attacks & crits do 2.25 damage
Sentinel: +5% Damage Reduction from all non-illusionary sources.
A 25 - E 16|Storm God
HP: 100,000 [-19919] 80,081
CP: 60,000 [-11985] 48,015
AP: 10.5
Effects:Pressure (+20% chakra costs); Duelist (Katsuo & Nanami) (Nin Acc); Amp Field; Steam Snare; Shadow Thread x8 (-5 acc/dodge)
Notes:
A 38 - E 12|Rock Golem
HP: 2630
CP: ----
AP: 2
Effects: Golem attacks deal 675 with a 8% chance of suppression.
Notes: Creation Jutsu[/col3]

What Happened
  • 0.00 Seconds | Makoto's skill Pressure was focused on the 'Storm God.'
  • 0.00 Seconds | Katsuo's Duelist skill was focused on the 'Storm God.'
  • 0.00 Seconds | Nanami's Duelist skill was focused on the 'Storm God.'
  • 0.00 Seconds | Katsuo activates Mangekyou Sharingan using Initiative.
  • 0.00 Seconds | The Storm God's Storm Call - Storm Jutsu released three lightning bolts.
    • Nanami. Roll 1. Evasion 7. HIT!
      • 10% autododge change. Roll 62. Failed.
      Makoto. Roll 16. Evasion 12. HIT!
      • 12% chance of density effect. Roll 29. Failed.
      Sousuke. Roll 2. Evasion 13. HIT!
      • 12% chance of density effect. Roll 23. Failed.
  • 1.82 Seconds | Nanami casts Phoenix's Embrace at the 'Storm God.' Roll 10. Evasion 19. MISS.
  • 1.82 Seconds | Katsuo cast Storm Control. He strikes himself three times with a lightning bolt from his own storm.
  • 2.27 Seconds | Makoto cast Amp Field on the 'Storm God.' Roll 3. evasion 6. HIT!
    • 21% chance of attack lasting 1 additional round. Roll 92. Failed.
      Unaffected by Rain Dance because this jutsu is considered to do non-elemental damage due to Normalize so there is no back-lash roll.
  • 2.27 Seconds | Sousuke cast Amethyst Casting
  • 2.27 Seconds | Sousuke draws his Ebon Blade using Quickdraw Ability.
  • 2.73 Seconds | Sousuke enters Defensive Stance with Defensive Technique.
  • 3.00 Seconds | The 'Storm God' casts Electromagnetic Vision on Makoto & Nanami (with Special Action) using AE special move Debilitate.
    • Makoto: Roll 17. Evasion 8. HIT!
      Nanami: Roll 16. Evasion 1. HIT!
      • 10% auto-dodge chance. Roll 82. FAILED.
  • 3.64 Seconds | Katsuo attempts to take control of the storm; casting Storm Control.
    • Unmodified Nin-Check as there can only be one storm control in action. Katsuo Roll 16. 'Storm God' Roll: 9. Success. RAIN and Snow.
  • 4.55 Seconds | Nanami casts Steam Snare at the 'Storm God.' Fully Caught!
    • 21% chance of causing them to switch targets randomly during an action. Roll 81. FAILED.
      10% chance of seeing 'double'. Roll 95. FAILED.
      • First Roll 16. Evasion 1. HIT!
        Second Roll 5. Evasion 12. HIT!
        Third Roll 7. Evasion 3. HIT!
        • 'Fully caught' causes the target to suffer -3 dodge, -2 melee accuracy, and take 20% of the initial damage each round maintained. This may be escaped by paying 1.5 Ap.
  • 4.55 Seconds | Makoto cast Gigavolt Cannon at the 'Storm God'. Roll 18. Evasion
    • 21% chance of causing them to switch targets randomly during an action. Roll 87. FAILED.
      10% chance of seeing 'double'. Roll 66. FAILED.
      Unaffected by Rain Dance because this jutsu is considered to do non-elemental damage due to Normalize so there is no back-lash roll.
      • 21% chance of 'Paralysis'. Roll 78. FAILED.
        14% chance of 'Disruption'. Roll 35, 78. FAILED.
  • 4.55 Seconds | Sousuke activates master rank Mystic Transmutation to double the effects of vanguard, steady, and overpower.
  • 5.00 Seconds | Sousuke uses Elemental Channeling: Earth.
  • 6.00 Seconds | The 'Storm God' attacks Nanami with an expanded Gigavolt Cannon. Roll 14. Evasion 1. HIT!
    • 10% auto-dodge chance. Roll 22. FAILED.
      24% chance of backlash damage due to Rain Danceeffect on Storm Control. Roll 71. FAILED.
  • 6.36 Seconds | Katsuo casts Shinra Tensei (Master Rank) and attempts to protect himself from Kirin.
  • 6.82 Seconds | Nanami cast Moonstone Shower HIT x6.
    • 21% chance of causing them to switch targets randomly during an action. Roll 25. FAILED.
      10% chance of seeing 'double'. Roll 13. FAILED.
      • First Attack: Roll 12. Evasion 8. HIT
        • 13% chance of lowering the victims dodge by -1. Roll 90. FAILED.
        Second Attack: Roll 3. Evasion 19. HIT
        • 13% chance of lowering the victims dodge by -1. Roll 34. FAILED.
        Third Attack: Roll 13. Evasion 17. HIT
        • 13% chance of lowering the victims dodge by -1. Roll 86. FAILED.
        Fourth Attack: Roll 16. Evasion 3. HIT
        • 13% chance of lowering the victims dodge by -1. Roll 36. FAILED.
        Fifth Attack: Roll 15. Evasion 19. HIT
        • 13% chance of lowering the victims dodge by -1. Roll 80. FAILED.
        Fifth Attack: Roll 12. Evasion 8. HIT
        • 13% chance of lowering the victims dodge by -1. Roll 84. FAILED.
  • 6.82 Seconds | Makoto cast Chakra Blast at the 'Storm God.' HIT!
    • 21% chance of causing them to switch targets randomly during an action. Roll 13. Success.
      • Random Target Roll. Souske (1), Nanami (2), Katsuo (3), 'Storm God' (4). Roll: 1. Sousuke has been targeted.
      10% chance of seeing 'double'. Roll 85. FAILED.
      • This Jutsu has a 28% Chance of inflicting 'Chakra Burn' and 'Non Elemental' effects. Roll 90, 45. Failed.
  • 7.27 Seconds | Sousuke creates a Bedrock Coffin 'as a bridge, not an attack'?
    • There is no roll for this because it does not do anything.
  • 9.09 Seconds | Nanami casts Shadow Threads -- Threads x8 bind the 'Storm God.'
    • 21% chance of causing them to switch targets randomly during an action. Roll 5. Random Target.
      • Random Target Roll. Souske (1), Katsuo (2), Makoto (3), 'Storm God' (4). Roll: 3. Makoto has been targeted.
      10% chance of seeing 'double'. Roll 40. FAILED.
      • First Attack. Roll 20 Evasion 8. CRIT!
        Second Attack. Roll 3 Evasion 16 MISS!
        Third Attack. Roll 10 Evasion 16 HIT!
        Fourth Attack. Roll 1 Evasion 4 HIT!
        Fifth Attack. Roll 18 Evasion 4 HIT!
        Sixth Attack. Roll 20 Evasion 16 CRIT!
        Seventh Attack. Roll 7 Evasion 12 HIT!
        Eighth Attack. Roll 8 Evasion 13 HIT!
  • 9.31 Seconds | Sousuke casts Rock Golem
  • 11.0 Seconds | The 'Storm God' combines Shinra Tensei and Chibaku Tensei using Special Action 1 for Shinra. This is aimed at Makoto, Sousuke, Katsuo and Nanami and uses AE special move Spread.
    • 24% chance of backlash damage due to Rain Danceeffect on Storm Control. Roll 5. 20% backlash suffered.
      Katsuo Roll 15 Evasion 13 HIT!
      • 32% chance of being unable to be auto-dodged and interrupting the targets next action. Roll 78. FAIL.
        10% autododge chance. Roll 2. Auto-dodge!
      Sousuke Roll 9 Evasion 16 HIT!
      • 32% chance of being unable to be auto-dodged and interrupting the targets next action. Roll 2. Next action will be interrupted and unable to be auto-dodged.
        32% chance to suppress the victims for 1 AP. Roll 63. FAIL.
      Makoto Roll 17 Evasion 6 HIT!
      • 32% chance of being unable to be auto-dodged and interrupting the targets next action. Roll 66. FAIL.
        32% chance to suppress the victims for 1 AP. Roll 23. Suppressed for 1 AP.
      Nanami Roll 11 Evasion 17 HIT!
      • 32% chance of being unable to be auto-dodged and interrupting the targets next action. Roll 13. cannot be auto-dodged and next action will be interrupted.
        32% chance to suppress the victims for 1 AP. Roll 7. Suppressed for 1 AP.
  • End of Round: Kirin attacks everyone on the battlefield.
    • 24% chance of backlash damage due to Rain Danceeffect on Storm Control. Roll 42. FAILED.
      Katsuo's Shinra Tensei (Master Rank) attempts to negate this attack. Katsuo's Nin Roll: 7 'The Storm God's Nin Roll': 10. FAILED.
      Katsuo Roll 12. Evasion 14 HIT!
      • 10% auto-dodge chance. Roll 97. FAILED.
      Makoto Roll 18. Evasion 5. HIT!
      • Makoto uses Flock of Shadows to evade this attack. Now has 2 clones on the field as well.
      Nanami Roll 14. Evasion 4. HIT!
      • 10% chance to auto-dodge. Roll 59. FAILED.
      Sousuke Roll 20. Evasion 7. CRIT!
      • 44% chance to dispel barriers/clones/creations. Roll 93. FAILED.

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]The Storm God’s lone word was puzzling. Run, he said. Was it meant to warn them or as a threat? The others had voiced out such and Nanami had been thinking along the same train of thought. She hadn’t voiced it out loud. There was no need to. Questions could be asked, vocally, later... when they weren’t in danger of dying.

She honed in on their lone opponent, a familiar yet so unfamiliar sensation. Why was it familiar? She was no fighter. And yet, images of bodies and bloodshed, hands covered in gore flashed through her mind momentarily. Pestilence watched aloof. Nanami was merely confused. But, this wasn’t the time for those questions either. She was afraid she didn’t know when such questions would be considered timely.

The doctor didn’t quite fancy the thought of seeing herself in a straight jacket, after all.

And they were off. It would be wrong to say they worked in tandem. Mere acquaintances, they had no knowledge of each other’s battle styles save for the brief skirmish with the sandworm. But, like the professionals that they were, they at least knew to get out of each other’s way.

She added to the opening salvo with a Genjutsu but to no effect. The God’s mind was barely brushed upon and she wondered how ineffective the mind arts would be in general. It may be likely that they would have no effect at all, with how foreign his mind was. As if in backlash, she found her own mind tampered with; a great humming and crackling, like a bad radio, filled her ears. She stumbled for a moment and shook her head, to no avail. “What.” She didn’t know what he had done but she must push on.

Katsuo and Makoto were dealing with techniques of epic proportions, calling upon storms and changing landscapes. Sousuke... she did not know what Sousuke was doing. Trusting that he knew what he was doing, she started her next attempt of slowing their opponent down.

There was enough steam in the outskirts of the main battlefield to work for her, what with the rain evaporating against the hot desert sands. As if her arms were wings, she pulled in at the air, gathering steam and sending it off like some twisted token towards her opponent. It took the form of a great dog, jaws open to latch upon its target. With great success. She followed up with an assault, crystallizing the sand in reach and throwing them one after the other.

The battling was done, blow for blow. Quite masterfully, on their opponents part, considering how outnumbered he was. In retaliation to her steam hound, lightning, painful... coursed through her body. Perhaps he had viewed her as a great enough threat to target her solely. That or she was just hugely unlucky.

When she tried to ensnare him further, that was when the trouble really started.

As she called upon the shadows around her and sent them towards the God, the static in her head shrieked. Clamping her hands on both sides of her head, her focus was lost. The assault became indiscriminate of who it targeted. Like horrible, horrible déjà vu, the shadows lashed out, heading in every other direction before converging towards Makoto. They bound the slight man, menacing, threatening to pull him apart. But as soon as Nanami realized what had happened, she called them back, like horrifying extra appendages.

No time for apologies as pain brought her down to her knees again.

Everything. Fucking. Hurt.
  • Summary:

0.0 AP - Drop Shadow Threads; Maintain Steam Snare (Mastered)

2.5 AP - Scribe Medical Ward (Mastered) on self
    - Special Action: +20% CP: Revives scribed target back to 8% Max HP when they hit 0 HP

4.5 AP - Use Angelic Blessing (Mastered) on self
    - Special Action: 1.5 AP: +75% Healing; does not count as recasting

3.0 AP - Cast Regeneration (Mastered) on self

Conditional: If someone is KOed, replace Regeneration with Resuscitate (Mastered)
`

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Fragments of emerald fell off of Sousuke. He was damaged, and damaged heavily. Electricity surged through him as he was offline for a moment due to the shock. Critical Damage. Error. Re-engage. Restore.<i></i> It took a moment, but his eyes snapped wide open from beneath his visor. His eyes maintained that low golden glow. "Proceed to a defensive measures."<i></i> He alluded as his made his mental connections with the Rock Golem. The large monstrosity shifted and stood before Nanami seeing as how Sousuke and her were subjected to the brunt of the storm. His creation dug itself into the ground and prepared to give its horrible short life for the medic. The creation seemed to ... not have a very good time, seeing as how its former incarnation had committed a suicidal act and walked its way into the lightning wall to test it. Rock Golem #785 would die in the defense of the medic... and if he didn't well... then he would anyways. Thus was its destiny, or so the Steward programmed it to be.

"I'm going in. Will make my attacks quick."<i></i> Sousuke went after the Storm Weilder. Sousuke ran up the surface he had made. There was some distance in the plateau, and that distance would be covered quickly. A flash of black and emerald was upon the controller of the storm. Sousuke first taking a swing at the Storm Lord. Impact or lack of impact would be able to tell him just how human or inhuman their foe was. The next action Sousuke mounted an offensive style change. While Sousuke was known for cold logic, he had shared aspects from those of the Toraono clan. He was taught firsthand how to wield a blade by the matriarch the Lady Azame. Sousuke's style of that a Toraono for the most part, albeit with the Steward's ultra-sense. Sousuke's field of view honed in on the human vital points on the target. His mind racing through a series of calculations. His first action was going to be a more defensive one. The runes from the Black Blade would expand and form a wall around the Steward. He would first block attacks using these runes, and then use whatever was left against the enemy. The next swordstroke would be a focused attack. A diagonal slash would occur, as the weapon cut air, black petals would seemingly leak out of the weapon as he made his attack. Having been struck earlier, Sousuke would attempt to draw back some life force into his own. Tapping into the Black Blade's original power setting, Sousuke would strike at the Storm god in a flurry of quick slashes. The runes on the Black Blade would turn from blue to red. Each attack meant to draw something back, and to further lower the effectiveness of his enemy's ability to hit them. If Sousuke was lucky he would put himself back into a more steady operational state. After making his flurry of techniques, Sousuke would kick back and launch himself backwards so as to give Katuso or Makoto the distance and operating space they required in order to attack at range.

Rock Golem -Stone Guard for Nanami.

0.75 Basic Strike on Storm Gold
0.5 Activate Feral Slashing Style
2.75 Heavenly Sword Master Rank
2.25 Lotus Flower Master Rank /w Special Action
4.25 Insatiable Hunger Higuma Master Rank /w Special Effect on Insatiable Hunger

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Katsuo did his best to deflect the blast of lightning that rained down upon them but unlike the stone projectile that he'd knocked away from Nanami earlier the condensed mass of lightning chakra proved to be significantly tougher. Straining against the weight of it, Katsuo finally relented and the blast fell upon them sending thousands of volts of electrical power coursing through their bodies. With the rain pouring down around them and tendrils of sizzling smoke rising from where the Storm God's attacks had hit him, Katsuo got back to his feet after having been blasted from them and took a quick moment to inventory his teammates. They were in rough shape -- some of them had taken harder hits than others -- but there wasn't anything he could really do for them. Nanami was their medical support and he had to hope that she could manage to take care of the others. His role was much simpler than that: he had to take the Storm God's attention off of them for Nanami to do her work and there was only one way Katsuo could think of to do that.

Make sure the monster's attention was on him.

"Is that the best you've got?" He called, his warrior's spirit raging in defiance of the beat-down that their opponent had just delivered to them. Even with his flesh burned and still smoking from the attack, Katsuo's drive to keep fighting was stronger than ever.

Fixing his gaze on the Storm God with a mad grin on his face in spite of the danger they were all in, Katsuo's muscles tensed and with a crack of thunder, he disappeared from sight only to re-appear in the same instant directly behind the Storm God. This was Katsuo's Shukuchi technique -- a rapid movement technique that allowed him to cross short distances at insane speeds but enhanced by the spark of Primus's ability to bend space. Formerly Shukuchi had simply been an ultra-fast shift of movement but was still movement. Under normal circumstances Katsuo would have needed to cross the entire space between them making Shukuchi an ill-fit for such a long-range engagement. But with the power of the spark of Primus at his disposal Shukuchi had become a technique that could transpose him directly to where he wanted to go within the blink of an eye by literally stepping through space. He'd discovered the new capacity during the battle for Olgav's bakery and was now more than thankful for it as his hands came up towards the Storm God's back and released a pulse of disrupting electrical chakra... before his actual attack came.

Physical might, storm chakra and raw willpower condensed into a single moment as Katsuo's right fist took on a bright golden shine before he drove it in the direction of the Storm God's jawline while the creature turned to face him after the previous assault. If that attack succeeded, he planned to follow up with a powerful uppercut -- a physical attack with hopefully enough audacity to get his opponent's attention on him long enough for Nanami to get their allies back up on their feet.
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0uSDsZmgCo&index=9&list=PL582B43EDEECF07DE]SCENE BGM[/url]]"][/legend]
  • Primary Actions
    • Maintain Storm Control, Call Storm and Mangekyou Sharingan [0 AP / 885 CP]
    • Cast Shadow Dance targeting the Storm God. [1.75 AP / 420 CP]
      • Causes next Taijutsu to be a Sneak Attack
    • Cast Volt Charge on Storm God using Special Action. [2 AP / 810 CP]
      • Not a Sneak Attack due to being a Ninjutsu
    • Target Storm God with Jutsu Creator: Fist of Sin (Wrath)+ Fist of Virtue (Patience) [5.625 AP / 1442 HP + 1442 CP]
      • Total HP/CP/AP Cost Modifiers: +40% HP / +40% CP / +1.5 AP (Charging Patience x2)
      • Total Modifiers: +4 Accuracy [-2 + 6] (Wrath + Patience x2 + Shadow Dance + Sneak Attack) / Hits twice (Wrath) / Maximum 30% Damage Bonus (Wrath) / +10% Base Damage (Patience x2) / +15% Damage (Sneak Attack) / +2 Crit (Shadow Dance + Sneak Attack) / 25% Auto-Crit (Critical Exposure)
[/col]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well. We are...not terrible at working together.

That was the most charitable way Makoto could possibly think of their side of the battle.

To be fair, they were facing what was essentially a demigod, and it showed. To be even more fair, they had just trekked through a desert and expended a fair bit of effort on both that and killing the sandworm, and two of their number were going into this pre-injured due to it.

To him, that was beside the point. It would have been making excuses to try and justify their current situation that way. Yes, it was true; equally so was it irrelevant. They were ninja. Fighting a demigod with half your team injured? Shut up and do the impossible.

It wasn't like they had much of a choice, anyway. The storm could not be allowed to continue. They were out there to stop it. And it would stop, regardless of whether or not the force behind it knew or accepted that yet. Accepting that there were other possibilities was accepting defeat, and that was just plain not allowed.

...He had a rather stubborn streak for such a normally lazy person.

He recognized there was rain lashing at them now, but still let loose with lightning. It wouldn't recoil on him; his lightning wasn't elementally lightning, even though it was still lightning. It was difficult to explain to anyone not suffering the same affliction he was, but very occasionally it turned out to be a benefit. Like now.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough. Not nearly. It was rather unsurprising that the guy was made of tough stuff, really.

The large blast hurt. No denying that. In a flurry of handseals he flung himself away from the Kirin at least, sparing himself that much and pulling clones up to protect himself potentially for a few seconds.

He was the only one, though Katsuo appeared to have evaded the other large blast. Maybe the two of them were just in general better at the whole 'self-preservation' thing.

Initial tactics aren't working? Shift. You're inconvenienced by a technique that throws off your vision and therefore your targeting? Do things that don't matter or matter less if you hit the wrong target. Why aren't you doing the impossible yet?

His brain slid into an old, familiar thought process.

What is to our advantage here?

Well, advantage number one was numbers. There were four of them, and one of him. Four of them and a rock monster that seemed to be one of theirs--Sousuke's, probably, given the similar construct from earlier. He hadn't seen who had cast this one but Sousuke was the most likely. It was more useful on defense than offense though.

The Storm God did not seem interested in self-preservation at all. Perhaps he really was that tough that he didn't have to, but he was simply flat out attacking. No defenses, no obvious healing or shielding of any kind.

In addition, his lightning techniques--yes, they appeared to be backfiring on him just a bit. Strange, but good. Unless someone else--Katsuo?--had taken control of the weather, in which case it was still good but less strange.

He hadn't even noticed the shadow threads on him, but they had clung persistently through his flock of shadows. He blinked himself out of his thought-trance; very little time had passed.

Compensate. Adjust. She's afflicted by the same vision problem I am. Should wear off shortly. Make allowances.

It was so easy, to slip into that trance. The pain bothered him less then, and he was more focused. Unless he ended up literally dying on the ground, he could maintain that focus, that clarity of pure thought. That only way he managed to hold on in serious fights when at a disadvantage with his chakra.

The false earth armor was fading from him anyway. His brain spat out several more defenses he could use to replace it. It was in some senses a free action to do; it would not be affected by his vision errors. Analyzing lines of attack likewise provided him with proper ones that met the criteria.

Attempt to partially disable opponent using highly controllable means.

That, of course, meant only one thing. Fortunately it was something his clan as a whole tended to be good at. He wasn't on Saito's level with seals, but he was certainly capable of them...

[legend="[b]OOC Notes/Actions[/b]"]-Drop Earthen Coating (0 AP)
-Draw Parasol (0 AP; Quickdraw)
-Cast Cyclone Movement with AE move Handseal Expert (2.5 AP modded at 2 AP)
-Hit Storm God with Leech Seal using Special Action to boost HP damage (2.5 AP)
-Hit Storm God with One Element Sealing for Lightning (2 AP)
-Use Critical Exposure on Storm God using Special Action to have it modded directly before Katsuo's Fist of Sin/Virtue combo (1 AP)
-Use Volt Charge Special Action on Storm God (2 AP) with AE move Debilitate

Conditionals:
-Retry seals until they hit the proper target.
-Stop maintaining any seals that land on allies.[/legend]<i>
</i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col3]Takahashi Sousuke
HP: 13,729 (-16817) -3088 KNOCKED OUT!
CP: 31,861 [-6239] [+28] 25650
Effects: Earthen Coating; Storm Control; Amethyst Casting (-10% damages taken, 28% chance to resist being inflicted with bleeding or suppression); Defensive Stance with Defensive Technique (10% DR and -4 acc + 4 dodge); Mystic Transmutation (+5% Damage Reduction while this weapon is equipped. While in Defensive Stance, this amount is increased to +10% Damage Reduction; When a weapon with this augment is used while in Defensive Stance, this reduces the accuracy penalties of Defensive Stance by half; This weapon may make one free basic attack.); Feral Slashing Style. ( Each consecutive Slashing Taijutsu Attack made by the user gains +3% Damage and +1 Accuracy, stacking up to +6% Damage and +2 Accuracy. For each Non-Slashing Taijutsu Attack made lowers the stack by -3% Damage and -1 Accuracy.)
Notes:
20% LESS Genjutsu CP Cost
20% LESS Ninjutsu CP Cost
10% Less Damage TAKEN from Taijutsu.
5% additional damage reduction from Ebon Blade
+ 5% damage TAKEN from Ninjutsu
-10% Damage Taken while in Defensive Mode
TA 25 - NA 19 - E 25|Mizushima Nanami
HP: 13,826 [-4698] [+11365] 20493
CP: 32,747 [+1080] [-8458] 25369
Effects: Storm Control; Electromagnetic Vision (a 21% chance of causing them to switch targets randomly during an action. Additionally, there is a 10% chance of them seeing 'double' of any specific target.); Shadow Threads; Steam Snare (Mastered)
Notes:
Duelist: + 10% Nin damage against Storm God & + 2 Nin accuracy against Storm God & 10% autododge; - 2 accuracy from all other opponents & - 2 dodge from all other opponents
Nara's Slippery Mind: +2 Gen Save and Awareness
Nara's Shadow Tactics: +10% Damage, +1 Accuracy while in shade.
Dark Sage: -10% CP Cost, +2 Ninjutsu Accuracy
Hyperactive: +3% Max CP every round
NA 32 - GA 23 - E 21|Masashi Katsuo
HP: 41,149 [-25034] 16105
CP: 23,899 [-3192] 20707
Effects: Storm Control (snow and rain)
Notes:
+10% Damage Reduction [5% from Vanguard Augment / 5% from Journeyman]
+15% Storm Damage
+10% Lightning [Storm/Magnetic/Gravity] Damage
All Hidden Actions are revealed via PM.
Terrain/Visibility effects are treated as two steps in my favor
+ 10% Nin damage against Storm God & 10% autododge
+ 2 Nin accuracy against Storm God
+3 accuracy & dodge (sharingan)
- 2 accuracy from all other opponents
- 2 dodge from all other opponents
NA 33 - E 26[/col3]

[col3]Shiruko Makoto
HP: 23,356 [-15201] [+5850] 13991
CP: 26,529 [-2991] 23538
Effects: Chakra Shield; Storm Control; Earthen Coating; Electromagnetic Vision (a 21% chance of causing them to switch targets randomly during an action. Additionally, there is a 10% chance of them seeing 'double' of any specific target.); Shadow Threads (-4 dodge/accuracy penalty); Cyclone Movement (21% chance non-melee attacks will be deflected)
Notes:
Class Modifier: +2 Accuracy and +10% Ninjutsu Damage
Chakra Attuned: -15% Ninjutsu cost, one-handed seals, +10% Ninjutsu damage; All Elemental Damage caused by the user is treated as Non-Elemental Damage. Gives Ninjutsu +10% Damage that bypasses half of the target's damage reduction.
Deflection: Partial hits upon the user are treated as one rank lower & attacks which initially miss the user have a 10% chance of being deflected to a different random target.
Human Anatomy: +1 Critical Range to all attacks & crits do 2.25 damage
Sentinel: +5% Damage Reduction from all non-illusionary sources.
A 25 - E 19|Storm God
HP: 80,081 [-66315] 13766
CP: 48,015 [-12110] 35905
Effects:Pressure (+20% chakra costs); Duelist (Katsuo & Nanami) (Nin Acc); Amp Field; Steam Snare; One Element Sealing: Lightning (+15% Cp cost, and prevents any Major Affinity Moves from being used with them. Additionally, the Jutsu has a 24% chance to be treated one rank lower.); Electromagnetic Vision
Notes:
A 38 - E 20|Rock Golem
HP: 2630 (-10692) -8062 DESTROYED
CP: ----
AP: 2
Effects: Golem attacks deal 675 with a 8% chance of suppression.
Notes: Creation Jutsu[/col3]

What Happened
  • 0.00 Seconds | Nanami drops Shadow Threads.
  • 0.00 Seconds | Makoto drops Earthen Coating
  • 0.00 Seconds | Sousuke maintains Amethyst Casting
  • 0.00 Seconds | Nanami maintains Steam Snare (Mastered)[/strike] on the 'Storm God.'
  • 0.00 Seconds | Makoto draws parasol using Quickdraw.
  • 0.00 Seconds | Katsuo maintains Storm Control (snow and rain).
  • 0.00 Seconds | The Storm God's Storm Call - Storm Jutsu released three lightning bolts.
    • Bolt #1: Attacks Nanami. Roll: 17 | Evasion Roll: 20. HIT!
      Bolt #2: Attacks Katsuo. Roll: 3 | Evasion Roll: 3 HIT!
      Bolt #3: Attacks Katsuo. Roll: 5 | Evasion: 19 MISS!
    • 24% chance of causing 20% backlash damage to the user due to Rain. Roll: 17. HIT
  • 0.71 Seconds | Sousuke uses a basic strike to attack the 'Storm God.'
    • Attack Roll: 10 | Evasion Roll: 19. MISS!
  • 1.75 Seconds | Katsuo cast Shadow Dance, targeting the 'Storm God.'
  • 1.19 Seconds | Sousuke enters Feral Slashing Style.
  • 2.00 Seconds | Makoto casts Cyclone Movement with handseal expert. .
  • 2.27 Seconds | Nanami scribes Medical Ward (Mastered) on herself using the special action to revive herself back to 8% Max HP if she hits 0 HP.
    • 21% chance that Nanami will switch targets. Roll: 26. Failed.
      10% chance that Nanami will see double. Roll: 1. Still hit self!
  • 3.57 Seconds | Sousuke casts Heavenly Sword creating a barrier
  • 3.75 Seconds | Katsuo usesVolt Charge's Special Action to offensively attack the 'Storm God.'
    • Attack Roll: 6 Evasion Roll: 14. HIT!
      45% Disruption Effect Chance. Roll: 90. Failed.
  • 4.29 Seconds | The 'Storm God' casts Shinra Tensei with Special Action and Newton's Apple with Jutsu Creator and AE move Spread to include an additional target.
    • Random roll to not include 1 target. Nanami will not be targeted.
      • Katsuo Roll: 7 Evasion: 2 HIT!
        • 44% chance of Crush Effect. Roll: 75 FAILED
          44% chance of paralysis. Roll: 98 FAILED
        Sousuke
        • Sousuke's Heavenly Sword barrier absorbs 4,540 damage. Barrier has been destroyed! Remaining 6152 overflow damage rolled against Sousuke. Attack Roll: 5 Evasion Roll: 6. HIT!
          • 24% chance of causing 20% backlash damage to the user due to Rain. Roll: 41. MISS
        Makoto Roll: 1 Evasion: 2 HIT!
        • 21% chance that Makoto will deflect the attack. Roll: 69. Failed.
          d3 chance to hit clone v Makoto. Roll: 1 Makoto targeted!
          44% chance of Crush Effect. Roll: 81 FAILED
          44% chance of paralysis. Roll: 57 FAILED
        Golem Roll: 6 Evasion: 4 HIT!
        • Golem has been DESTROYED!
          • 24% chance of causing 20% backlash damage to the user due to Rain. Roll: 39. MISS!
  • 4.5 Seconds | Makoto attacks the 'Storm God' with Leech Seal with Special Action.
    • Attack Roll: 18 Evasion 6. HIT!
      Surging Presence!
      21% chance that Makoto will switch targets. Roll: 30. Failed.
      10% chance that Makoto will see double. Roll: 57. Failed.
  • 5.17 Seconds | Sousuke attacks the 'Storm God' with Lotus Bloom using the special action.
    • Attack Roll: 17 Evasion Roll: 18. HIT!
      Surging Presence!
      28% chance to inflict Lotus Bloom. Roll: 82. FAILED
  • 6.36 Seconds | Nanami use Angelic Blessing (Mastered) on herself using the special action for an additional 75% Healing.
    • 21% chance that Nanami will switch targets. Roll: 44. Failed.
      10% chance that Nanami will see double. Roll: 72. Still hit self!
  • 6.50 Seconds| Makoto attacks the 'Storm God' with One Element Sealing: Lightning.
    • Attack Roll 17 Evasion Roll 16. HIT!
      Surging Presence!
      21% chance that Makoto will switch targets. Roll: 61. Failed.
      10% chance that Makoto will see double. Roll: 81. Failed.
  • 7.15 Seconds | The 'Storm God' casts Polarity Storm using AE special move Focus.
    • Nanami Roll: 8 Evasion 5 HIT!
      • 52% Disruption Effect Chance: 65 FAILED
        52% Disruption Effect Chance: 17 SUCCESS!
        • Steam Snare has been disrupted.
        52% Disruption Effect Chance: 38 SUCCESS
        • Nanami has no other active jutsus being maintained to be disrupted
      Katsuo Roll: 11 Evasion 5 HIT!
      • 52% Disruption Effect Chance: 29 SUCCESS!
        • Storm control has been disrupted
        52% Disruption Effect Chance: 68 FAILED
        52% Disruption Effect Chance: 65 FAILED
      Makoto Roll: 5 Evasion 4 HIT!
      • 21% chance that Makoto will deflect the attack. Roll: 73 FAILED
        d3 chance to hit Makoto v Clone. Roll: 1. Makoto targeted.
        • 52% Disruption Effect Chance: 74 FAILED
          52% Disruption Effect Chance: 94 FAILED
          52% Disruption Effect Chance: 43 SUCCESS
          • Cyclone Movement has been dispelled.
      Sousuke Roll: 11 Evasion 1 HIT!
      • 52% Disruption Effect Chance: 20 SUCCESS
        • Amethyst Casting has been disrupted
        52% Disruption Effect Chance: 29 SUCCESS
        • Mystic Transmutation has been disrupted
        52% Disruption Effect Chance: 46 SUCCESS
        • Sousuke has no other maintained jutsus
      'Storm God' Roll: 17 Evasion 14 HIT!
      • 52% Disruption Effect Chance: 67 FAILED
        52% Disruption Effect Chance: 96 FAILED
        52% Disruption Effect Chance: 82 FAILED
  • 9.08 Seconds | Nanami cast Regeneration (Mastered) on herself.
    • 21% chance that Nanami will switch targets. Roll: 27. Failed.
      10% chance that Nanami will see double. Roll: 23. Failed.
  • 9.374 Seconds | Makoto cast Critical Exposure on the 'Storm God'
    • 21% chance that Makoto will switch targets. Roll: 61. Failed.
      10% chance that Makoto will see double. Roll: 85. Failed.
      60% chance to cause suppression. Roll: 85. Failed.
  • 9.375 Seconds | Katsuo uses Jutsu Creator: Fist of Sin (Wrath)+ Fist of Virtue (Patience) charged x2 with Patience.
    • Attack Roll #1: 19 (CRIT due to stealth attack extended range) Evasion Roll: 3
      • 25% chance for an auto-critical due to critical exposure. Roll: 38. Failed.
      Attack Roll #2: 9 Evasion Roll: 1
      • 25% chance for an auto-critical due to critical exposure. Roll: 2. SUCCESS!.
  • 9.46 Seconds | Higuma with Insatiable Hunger using the Special Action Overwhelming Thirst.
    • Surging Presence!
      Attack #1: 1 Evasion: 5 HIT!
      Attack #2: 7 Evasion: 17 MISS
      Attack #3: 17 Evasion: 19 HIT!
      Attack #4: 10 Evasion: 3 HIT!
      Attack #5: 8 Evasion: 1 HIT!
  • 9.50 Seconds | Makoto casts Volt Charge at the 'Storm God.'
    • 21% chance that Makoto will switch targets. Roll: 35. Failed.
      10% chance that Makoto will see double. Roll: 22. Failed.
  • 10.0 Seconds | The 'Storm God' casts Shinra Tensei at Sousuke, Makoto and Katsuo.
  • Sousuke Roll: 3 Evasion: 1 HIT!
    • Sousuke is KO'd
    Makoto Roll: 2 Evasion 12 MISS!
    d3 chance to attack Makoto v clones. Roll: 2. HIT CLONE!
    Katsuo Roll: 1 Evasion 2 HIT!

Akako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]It seemed a selfish thing to do, for the healer to focus on themselves. A dead healer was a useless healer. That was the unspoken number one rule of field medics. No matter how horrible the idea seemed, morally. But this wasn’t about being good or bad or nice. It was being about right. She could bring the others back from the brink of unconsciousness or even death. But could they do the same for her if she was incapacitated?

The buzzing in her head did not give her breathing room, even as she honed in on her own being. All things faded in the background except for her train of thought, erratic yet still going on all cylinders. And that horrible, horrible buzzing that made her want to claw at her own ears, had she less self control than she already showed. The doctor came in to play at this very moment, although Pestilence watched and waited on the sidelines to keep themselves safe.

Even as lightning struck her, she was mostly numb to the pain by now. Instead of lashing back or succumbing, she focused, stitched the seal for resuscitation on to the back of her left hand. It was crude, hastily done with the very shadow threads she had called back and stopped from strangling the other mercenary. They stayed there like living ink and, when she felt the telltale signs of a seal holding, she carried on.

Instead of the usual glow of an Angelic Blessing, dark shadows from her surroundings came to Nanami like dogs going to their master. As with the seal from before, they stitched her wounds closed and soothed the damage done by electrical burns. By now, the woman was starting to look like Frankenstein’s monster, stitched with living, writhing thread. Even now, the shadows had entered her body, regenerating her from the inside and the only sign of their work being the wisps that escaped the stitched parts of her skin. This was only a patch job, a momentary, temporary fix, much like Sousuke’s sandworm arm.

Pestilence’s head shot up, glaring venomously at the Storm God as she felt her snare break.

But the doctor shoved the horseman aside at the thought of the Steward Kazekage. Speaking of Sousuke... Nanami was quick by his side the moment the aforementioned man fell. Orthodox medicine wouldn’t do and she had to get creative with the shinobi medicine she did know... something she had been doing quite a bit now, much to her chagrin. She had to take care of the other two as well, in the hopes that they would not be incapacitated as well, although reaching them in this storm was going to be tricky whereas Sousuke’s unconscious form had been knocked back a good ways away from the primary danger zone.

Spying the shadow stitched Medical Ward on her hand, an idea came to mind.

A mad giggle escaped her lips (something she would never admit to, later on) as mock lightning covered her hands. And with a count, “Three, two, one... Clear!” she brought it down on the unconscious man’s form. Repeated again and again, as she attempted to restart his systems and get him back to fighting or... at least, dodging and running conditions.

Meanwhile, two shadow threads slunk out towards the two others still fighting with intents of their own. Had they been allowed to link and connect with their targets, they seared healing brands on to the back of their hands. The idea was much in the same as Medical Wards, however, they were made to function as instantaneous healing as the healing aura of medical blessings often brought with them.

The symbol they made were certainly different from the standard Medical Wards. In fact, anyone who knew about one certain clan of Kirigakure would realize it was a seal used by some of the branch members of the Shoukyou clan. It was a seal used in weapons for both smiting and healing, to be exact. And although it was mainly used in weapons and armour, its use on humans for dire situations such as these were not unheard of.

There was little hemming and hawing this time, as she showed her true ability as a combat medic. She would be damned embarrassed if she would let any of these men die under her watch, after all.
  • Summary:

0.0 AP - Maintain Regeneration (Mastered) on self

3.0 AP - Resuscitate (Mastered) Sousuke (darn that timing)

4.0 AP - Use Angelic Blessing (Mastered) on Makoto
    - Special Action: 1.0 AP: +50% Healing; does not count as recasting

4.0 AP - Use Angelic Blessing (Mastered) on Katsuo
    - Special Action: 1.0 AP: +50% Healing; does not count as recasting

Note: Use Minor Affinity Move: Overcharge on all three healing techniques

Don't dodge me guys. Seriously Do not dodge the healer. Also, I'm a dummy dum dum who just remembered I have 1 AP carryover so I can use up to 11 AP this round. I'd love to join the attacking but I'll stick to healing just in case it has That One Attack or goes One Winged Angel and regains even a fraction of his HP again.

I know this RP is weird. I don't know where this was headed. But Nanami wanted me to write this. Shhhh.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zk5HkV.png

Primus? - Legendary King of Wind Country
dwbW8t.png

[SCENE BGM]​

Katuso's attack went off in a spectacular fashion. With a surge of energy, his fist connected with the Storm God's chin and sent the powerful being reeling from his attack before stepping forward and delivering a hammering second blow with such force and fury that even a score of the lightning bolts that he could call down from the sky would fail to match. But even as Katsuo drove home the second crushing chakra-charged blow there was no time to celebrate the success of his attack which had gone perfect to plan with no small amount of assistance from his ally Makoto as it seemed the Storm God was nonplussed by the savage beating even though he was clearly wounded by it in a grievous fashion. If anything it seemed to cause the creature which wore the appearance of a man to fight even harder as it retaliated with a salvo of it's own brand of terrifying Ninjutsu. Gravitational forces whipped and pulled at Katsuo's body, threatening to separate him from his extremities but even despite the force of the Storm God's attack he managed to weather the blow relatively intact... where as his allies did not. With his sight drawn instinctively to his allies as the attack's wake passed, Katsuo's enhanced vision did not fail to miss that Sousuke was on the ground... and not moving. From his vantage point he couldn't see if Sousuke were still breathing or not but that last hit was one of menacing power.

Sousuke was down.

Not moving.

He'd brought him here. Everything to this moment had been Katsuo driving Sousuke forward to reclaim the surface and move past the events of the Cabal occupation. To chase the sun rather than hide from it beneath the sands. More than that, he'd promised Judori that he'd look after his friend. And now... what? He'd led him into the heart of a legendary place where heroes went to die. Swallowing hard, Katsuo's mind raced as it was torn between defeating the Storm God and leaping to Sousuke's side to protect his friend.

"You hurt my friend."

Katsuo's accusation was low in volume, it was almost certain that nobody but himself could possibly have heard what he said over the crackling of the lightning overhead. As those words left his mouth, Katsuo instinctively closed his eyes and his arms dropped to his side. For a moment it seemed like the heroic man had simply... checked out. But it would rapidly become apparent that was not the case as the storm in the sky was whipped into a frenzy the likes of which had never been seen before in the heart of the Diamond Maelstrom. Lightning playing across the sky in exuberant applause for the ascending king as his anger took control of his conscious mind, bolts of power rained down upon where the Storm God and Katsuo were standing absolutely shredding the rock around them and sending particles of pulverized stone flying every which way as the winds whirled around them and golden lightning erupted from Katsuo's body even though it stayed perfectly still throughout. The storm's tantrum wouldn't harm him. He knew that. It was impossible for him to say how he knew it but it was something that in his heart of hearts he was certain of.

Not yet.

"You hurt my friend!"

Katsuo's voice came not from his body -- indeed his lips did not even move -- but rather from the storm itself as it evolved past what it had been and took on a darker weal to it's nature as the winds and lightning continued to escalate. Soon not only rain and snow poured down from the heavens but also chunks of ice and grit harvested from the sands of the desert and from the rapidly being disassembled plateau of stone that surrounded them. Finally the transformation of the storm reached a crescendo and a torrent of lightning rained down once more upon where Katsuo and the Storm God were standing, obscuring the sight of Makoto or Nanami if their eyes were drawn to the scene which was unfolding in close proximity to the Storm God. When the flash of golden lightning was done, there stood where Katsuo had been a man transformed. His previously green hair shimmered a bright gold and stood on end as pulses of lightning played across his face and body. Even his attire seemed to have changed into something akin to what a warlord of an age gone by might have worn with a shoulder cloak and a long skirt of golden fabrics but with an otherwise exposed chest and stomach. Opening his eyes for the first time since his tantrum began, Katsuo brought his eyes forward and simply from the expression on his face it was clear that this was a changed man. This was not the jovial Katsuo that had joked about being heroic. This was... something else entirely. Makoto and Nanami would not understand the significant of this strange transformation in that they were not natives to the land of Sunagakure or Wind and were not armed with the lore of the land but with the way the lightning held Katsuo's hair and the subtle changes in his clothing, personality and bearing... he bore an uncanny resemblance to popular depictions of Primus himself. It was clearly impossible that the One King himself had stepped through time to take Katsuo's place in his battle but if the Storm God knew anything of Wind Country history the magnitude of his opponent would become crystal clear as the dust settled from the blast which had preceded Katsuo's transformation.

"I don't know if you are monster or man usurper but I will have you know that you stand before a king. The king whose throne you have falsely sat upon for too long."

Katsuo's voice was different too. It echoed in the thunder and the howl of the winds as much as it audibly carried through the air normally. It would have been impossible to not hear him at the proximity that they were battling even though the storm smothered any other possibility of speaking to each other. The way he spoke carried a regal demand the likes of which was a polar opposite of his normal speech pattern. His declaration of kingship carried within it an implicit statement of "I am better than you and you will recognize that". There was no room for argument in the way he spoke. How could he when his voice was the thunder and his rage the lightning? The storm cried out a tumultuous fanfare much like that of a standing army rattling their shields and swords in support of their monarch as he declared his sovereignty. Raising his hand to the sky with his fingers extended together and his thumb tucked against his palm, giving his hand the distinct image of a suspended long-blade being held at the ready by an executioner, the storm went eerily silent for a breath before Katsuo's next words thundered down from the heavens.

"In the name of Primus, the One King of the Wind Country and lord of the First Men I, Sunahoshi Katsuo, heir to his power and throne sentence you to die."

Spots of voltaic power pooled all above the group amid the black clouds of the swirling super-cell that had gathered in the sky and finally Katsuo brought his hand scything downwards in a swinging motion mimicking the falling of the executioner's blade causing the amassed and pent up power in the storm to come crashing downwards with a peal of thunder which could be heard from one side of the Wind Country to the other to facilitate the carrying out of the death penalty that it's king had just rendered against the "Storm God" that stood before him.
  • Primary Actions
    • Maintain Call Storm and Mangekyou Sharingan [0 AP / 585 CP]
      • Target myself with all 3 lightning bolts from Call Storm to heal.
    • Shift into Defensive Stance (+4 Dodge, -2 Accuracy, +10% Damage Reduction) [0 CP / .5 AP]
    • Cast Storm Control [2 AP / 900 CP]
      • Doesn't matter what effects I pick but for the fact that I must choose I select Snow and Rain.
    • Cast Dark Tempest [3 AP / 3000 CP]
      • All effects from Storm Control are now in play. The following affects everyone but me (but starts to affect me in 2 rounds)
        • -2 Accuracy to all Projectile/Ranged attacks.
        • Rain Dance (Rank 2) is treated as active.
        • -3 Dodge and +8% CP costs.
        • Each other participant automatically takes 810 Ice Damage at the end of the round.
      • Six lightning bolts target every person in the battle (including me -- those targeting me take a -3 Accuracy penalty) for 600 base Storm Damage each.
      • Each participant in the fight has a 50% chance to be thrown about by the wind giving -2 Dodge (I only have a 20% which increases by 10% each round).
    • Target Storm God with Jutsu Creator: Gates of Babylon + Raijin's Vengeance [4.5 AP / 9680 CP]
      • Using Special Action #1 from Raijin's Vengeance and Affinity Move Overcharge.
      • Removing activation chance of Photon Flash from Raijin's Vengeance and adding it to activation chance of Impale from Gates of Babylon.
      • Total HP/CP/AP Cost Modifiers: +60% CP (Jutsu Creator + Raijin Vengeance's Special Action #1 + Overcharge Affinity Move)
      • Total Modifiers: Modded as costing 1 AP (Raijin's Vengeance Special Action #1), +20% Bonus Damage (Overcharge), 50% chance to activate Impale (Automatically raises Bleeding level, 35% chance to Auto-Crit and disperses clones), 25% Auto-Crit (Critical Exposure).
  • Conditional: Don't dodge incoming healing techniques.

I'm well aware that my combat strategy is bad this round -- I am playing to the drama of the moment and going for fun/cool over effective given that this isn't a PvP battle and these opportunities come up so infrequently.

Also I'm sorry about the lightning bolts. >_>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back