Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The world as we know it [class]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The lecture continued for quite a bit of time. Junkos ears wasn't totally attuned to the speech, but he was able to hear key points. "Seems as if my whole life is being controlled by a puppeteer. The village it self does seem as if it's only for chakra attuned people." 

Junko put his hand on his chin as his train of thought continued. Within a few moments a question then was proposed.

“So thus, the question I have for all of you is this: There is enough military power in Kumogakure to overwhelm the entire Imperial Army and Navy at once, and if he wanted to, Hayata Shin could declare himself Shogun. So why doesn’t this happen? Why might this situation exist where a clearly superior military force must pay heed to a much weaker one, relatively?”

Junko analyzed the question and came up with several answers. Junko was about to open his mouth until another student began to speak. Haru answered 
the question by giving his own ideals. Next to speak was Shimete. "Loyalty. Their is no surprise to me she spoke on that behalf since her purpose is to serve. Seems as if this speech is actually getting a little interesting."  As responses continued several answers were given involving rebellion and the last two seemed to understand the Raikages choice.

"I'm curious to how our speaker will respond. Their is no need  for me to even give a response since every one pretty much summed up the thoughts I had. The only thought that I didn't have in mind is a goal to become a missing ninja. I understand Haru perfectly, but as a missing ninja you lose a lot of opportunities and disadvantages are then created." Junko sat quietly until the speakers speech continued.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This is the last round, guys. Good job everyone. Don't worry if you got skipped for a round - everyone who posts in this round or at least one of the other rounds will get class credit.

“I can see that we have a variety of responses here – and they’re all actually valid, believe it or not,” said Masao, taking a sip from his flask again. “I’m going to start by addressing Santaru-kun’s response,” he said, wryly looking at the boy.

“You’re actually quite right from several legal and one could even argue, moral perspectives. The noble rank of Daimyo confers upon Hayata Shin the right to succeed to the throne provided several conditions are met. Firstly, there must be no other members of the extant royal family who share more of the former Shogun Shiro Amakusa Yoshinobu zi Kaminari’s blood than Hayata Shin does. And how much blood does Hayata Shin share with the former Shogun? None! But these past three decades have been special and so the Raikage actually has a chance.

“Normally, royal families tend to have dozens of members – cousins, brothers, bastard children, in-laws, et cetera - who delight in nothing more than scheming to murder each other in order to climb the succession ladder, but in the former Shogun’s case, well, one of them actually wiped everyone else out! You might remember that former Crown Prince Shiro Amakusa Tokisada zi Kaminari, was in actuality one of the leaders of an extremist religious group dedicated to the worship of a figure known as the ‘Hitokage’, and that these same forces were responsible for the Great Demon Invasion of Cloud twenty six years prior. Well, as part of his plan to make the entire country into a grand duchy of Hell, the Crown Prince systematically slaughtered every other member of the royal family, right down to his mentally handicapped third cousin-in-law-twice-removed, leaving only one survivor. The only family member that survived is the current Shogun, Shiranai vi Kaminari, who was saved when his nursemaid lied to the Crown Prince and told the man that Baby Shiranai had choked on his own meconium after birth and thus perished. So what’s the point of this sordid story? That right now, unless Shogun Shiranai marries and has a male heir, there are no directly-descended other members of the royal family.

“This doesn’t actually give Hayata-sama the right to claim the throne, however, even if Shogun Shiranai suddenly dies childless. There are many other nobles and Daimyos who are actually ahead of Shin in the order of succession, and he would have to eliminate all of them before he could be considered the rightful candidate. Since he’s approximately number thirty-three in line at the moment, that’s a lot of bodies. But it could be done, and he could be recognized, as would the person who might succeed him. That was the legal argument, by the way. There are other academics and even some members of the Temple of Raiden, who would argue that Kumogakure should be the capital of the nation based on moral or philosophical grounds.

“Their main thesis is that the inhabitants of Cloud enjoy a far more progressive and some would say, ‘enlightened’ lifestyle than any other people in the nation. Remember that this country is a feudal monarchy. The vast majority of inhabitants are in fact land-bound serfs who have very few rights and almost no education, to the point where they are essentially de-facto slaves of the nobility. As a side note, these are the people who view shinobi as living gods, and will likely kowtow in your presence. And even those people of the small middling class of merchants and other educated figures, are still beholden to the whims of those who are decreed noble by birth or by political favor. Yet in Cloud, shinobi of all ages and ranks intermingle freely with the non-shinobi of all social classes, and there is much less indentured servitude here for the civilians than there is in any other part of the nation. There is basically more equality among individuals within these walls, which is the point that Kousaki-kun brings to the table. If Cloud became the center of government, it would detract greatly from the influence of the Council of Nobles and perhaps even cause wide-scale social changes throughout the nation,” he said, taking a swig from his flask. “As far as Santaru-kun’s other assertion about going missing, well, I’ll address that in a bit.”

“The rest of you raise all valid, all correct reasons, on the other hand, why perhaps the hegemonies of Cloud and Raiden no Me should be kept separate. Shimete-chan actually raises the simplest and yet perhaps most powerful assertion of all, which is that just as you all have sworn an oath to defned Kumogakure and serve the Raikage, the Raikage has also sworn an oath to defend Lightning Country and serve the Shogun. He is certainly not the Shogun’s lap-dog, but at the same time, he is also a member of a definite hierarchy. The culture of our nation places great emphasis on the simple concepts of honor and duty, and to ignore that is to ignore the basic foundations of our society at large. Even if shinobi live very differently from the rest of the nation, they are still a fundamental part of it.

“As Narashi-kun and Shimete-chan correctly assert, any direct military action, either by Kumogakure against the Bakufuu or the Bakufuu against Kumogakure, would be absolutely catastrophic for both. And, as Narashi-kun correctly brings up, the economic and logistic costs would be greater than anyone’s ability to pay. Where would the weapons come from if the great crossbolter forges of Tanegashima were to be flattened? Where would the food come from if the rice paddies of Asuza field were to be razed? And who would pay taxes to pay your stipends and contract fees if the commoners are more interested in planting improvised explosive devices along the roads than going to work? The only possible outcome of a civil war between shinobi forces and non-shinobi forces, is complete, mutually-assured destruction. There would not even be a country to be targeted by foreigners – more like a smoldering pile of rubble that no one could actually inhabit or even desire to claim.

“And this fact is actually well-known by the leaders of both institutions. Each party - Kumogakure and the Shogunate – does its part to maintain the delicate balance between the fact that the village must serve the nation and that the nation can easily be destroyed by the village. Takahashi-chan and Kousaki-kun thus raise the point that in actuality, this is very easily accomplished simply because of the vast amount of work that each side must perform just to keep their own affairs in order, and the inexperience with dealing with the others’ affairs. Shinobi live differently than non-shinobi – the lifestyles, social expectations, and level of responsibility are worlds apart, and thus ‘it takes one to know one’ applies well here. An interesting tidbit of information is that the current Shogun, Shiranai vi Kaminari, is a former shinobi. He was abducted at the age of eight and spent the next few years being raised as a mednin within the walls of the village, unbeknownst to all others. The recent civil war we had was only stopped because the Chancellor, Tachibana Ami, was able to track him down on a hunch. But as he has embraced the role of Shogun, Shiranai-sama has also chosen to give up his knowledge and prowess with the chakra-based arts in order to concentrate on his true responsibilities.

“In the end, there will probably always exist an uncomfortable détente between Kukogakure and the Shogunate, with varying levels of tension. This is the world that you as future shinobi are going to have to become very comfortable with, both within and outside the village. Never forget that you are an outsider even when you are an insider,” he said, clearing his throat.

“The last point I want to address was actually brought up by Santaru-kun. Which is that obviously, there are shinobi who sometimes act entirely differently, and whose actions are considered to be treason by both Lightning Country and Cloud. These are obviously, missing-nin. The most famous examples in recent memory are of course Hayata Makoro, who played a large role in starting the recent civil war, and Yukimura Enishi, who is the assassin of the Raikage Kagetsu Kiyo and a currently active terrorist. But besides these two, there are many more throughout history.

“Throughout your time at the academy, you have no doubt sworn more oaths of service and fealty than you have thought possible, and when you are a genin, you will swear many, many more. For many of you, you cannot fathom why anyone would raise a hand against your home, your Raikage, and your country. Many in this room view missing-nin as worse than demons – they are trash to be eliminated and disposed of, even if they come from your own families. And yet I wonder if many of you understand who they are and why they do what they do, and how they live.

“Keep in mind, that I am in no way encouraging anyone to go missing. Rather, I am bringing up the point that you cannot fight an enemy effectively if you are unwilling to understand them. So, the last question I have for the group is this: why would someone go missing, and what, perhaps, would make you personally consider going missing? If you are uncomfortable speaking the last part, that is fine, I will not pry – but it is important to think about nonetheless.”

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru listened to Masao’s words about reasons why the Raikage shouldn’t become Shogun; he personally disagreed with all of the reasons. They were all tasks that needed to be, and could be overcome. If Haru were Raikage things would be very different, and one day that’s how things will be. The next thing Masao said was a question Haru felt was aimed at him.

“Keep in mind, that I am in no way encouraging anyone to go missing. Rather, I am bringing up the point that you cannot fight an enemy effectively if you are unwilling to understand them. So, the last question I have for the group is this: why would someone go missing, and what, perhaps, would make you personally consider going missing? If you are uncomfortable speaking the last part, that is fine, I will not pry – but it is important to think about nonetheless.”

Standing up immediately as Masao finished his question he felt the attention of the room sway, all eyes on him. He needed to be careful how he chose his words; he didn’t need to go making too many enemies before he even graduated the Academy.

I think, a ninja would go missing for a number of reasons, if he was treated unjustly and felt he didn’t belong in his respective village, or he was unhappy with the government or society and wanted change. I don’t think of missing ninja as simply missing. I predict a majority of missing ninja stick together like glue and they are somewhat their own nation. If the country or village a missing ninja was from personally wronged them of their family it could be another reason to leave. I’m sure there are many more reasons why a Ninja would want to go missing. As for me personally, I would go missing from Cloud to escape the monarchy and the evil that is so well hidden by every nation. In order to defeat evil I would become an even greater evil that no one dare stop. Haru hastily added on to the ending that’s if I were to go missing anyway. Sitting down quickly he felt the attention slowly shift away from him, but their were still quite a few eyes trained on him, truth is, he knew exactly what he would be doing with his life, whether he went missing or not things will change.

Haru took a deep breath calming himself, he heard a clap of thunder that did a great deal of calming to his emotions. The thunder was his, he felt like family with the storms. He and storms were a lot alike, the sky was normally calm but it could become vicious and out of control in a hurry, just like Haru.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jo was stunned… How did the proctor know his name?! He never introduced himself! Then again, he was sure the proctor was probably briefed on the students and shinobi who would be attending. Either way, he didn’t let his surprise show as he listened to the man explain further the reasoning they had all used to answer the last question, proud that his conclusion that a military coup would be a logistic nightmare got so much attention.

The second set of questioning, however, was much more interesting. He paused for a moment before giving his answer. ”Well, personally… I don’t think there is any way I could justify going missing. It’s our responsibility to adhere to the system of government under which we have chosen to live. If we think there’s something wrong with the system, we should work within that system to try and change it in a way that’s legal. Only after exhausting all legal option do we have the right to peacefully protest. Only under the most dire of circumstances does anyone have the right to betray their country through abandonment or violence.” His answer might’ve sounded a little preachy, but that’s what he believed. Growing up reading philosophy books in his downtime, had expanded his conception of social responsibility. ”Then again; if our form of government is based on Aristotle’s Benevolent Monarchy model, then there’ll never be a reason to rebel.” Jo certainly hoped he was right.

Takahashi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah...dude, your megalomania is showing...and it's even in tune with the weather... Ren leaned her cheek on her palm as Santaru Haru took the stage again, and another dark-haired boy went after him. Their question this time around had to do with that vague concept of 'going missing,' which sounded odd to Ren. If you went missing, that implied that people actually missed you, didn't it? Running away made more sense. People that left were quitters, it was that simple to her. Her dad had done it to her mom (to her, too, but Ren really didn't care enough about her father to give the impact his absence had on her much thought) and her mom struggled every day to fill up the gap left behind. People had things they had to do, they had sworn to do, and...maybe she was being too naive about it, but Ren was of the opinion that promises should be upheld. Not kiddy promises about paying someone back or those sealed by pinkys; the big deal promises that were more or less written in blood. Those were meant to be kept.

And becoming a ninja for Cloud - for any village - was one of those promises. Very little could make Ren ever want to go missing. If Cloud bucked away from the Shogun's rule and tried for complete dominance, maybe she'd reconsider. But that was a village-wide type of thing; Ren, personally, doubted she would ever have any reason to want to leave. Cloud was her home. You don't abandon your home.

Not, she thought wryly, that I'm going to say that...it's too whimpy... She straightened from her slouch but didn't bother to get up this time around. It didn't seem to make much of a difference, and with her height...there was really no point, anyway.

"I think people go missing because they can't find what they want in the village. Or they think they can't find it here, so they leave." Ren remembered the words of the second boy to speak - duty, rules, honor, peaceful protest - and continued slowly, "As for me...I like to think - or hope, I guess - that I won't have to face a situation where I'll want to leave. I don't think it's something I would pick unless forced."

There was more to her answer - Ren had a pretty good idea of what could provoke her into leaving the village. But to say those thoughts aloud made them feel more real, more likely to happen, and she would prefer that they stay locked in the back of her head.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Masao nodded at the responses he’d managed to elicit from the group. As predicted, only a small handful of students were willing to even entertain discussion about such a serious topic, although the three who had spoken up was much more than the predicted number of zero. Of all of them, Santaru seemed to be the one most open to the idea, whereas Narashi clearly counted the study of philosophy of governance as a “fun hobby” and Takahashi perhaps expressed her viewpoints the most elegantly.

“Well, I have to say I’m very pleased that even a small number of you were willing to share your thoughts on one of the most controversial topics in all shinobi-dom. Going missing or rogue is up there on the list of taboos along with assassination of a Kage and the harvesting of corpses for a Kinjutsu. But of all of these controversial things, it is perhaps the least understood. Very few missing-nin ever come back to the village of their origin, and thus it becomes very hard to hear their experiences and viewpoints. From what we have been able to gather, however, the reasons that shinobi go missing are as varied as the shinobi themselves.

“We all know the high-profile missing-nin by name – Hayata Makoro, Yukimura Enishi, Santaru Ryuuto, Kazama Ringo – and that is because of course they either did something that affected the nation itself, or because they were already very high-profile shinobi in Cloud whose treason was completely unexpected. But there are actually a fair number of missing nin throughout history who were never high-profile and who never really resurfaced in the records again after the initial to-do about their leaving.

“Santaru-kun – you assert that missing shinobi stick together like glue and form an impromptu community of sorts in order to assure mutual safety. I do hate to disappoint, but what research has shown is that in actuality, while missing-shinobi may occasionally band together in order to pursue a common interest, these alliances are usually fragile, short-lived, and end in violence. Statistically, the majority of missing shinobi are killed by other missing shinobi, not ANBU or bounty hunters. The reasons are usually arguments over money or other valuables, or simply for the sake of capriciousness or to prove a point of machismo. Those to go missing at a low level of development are often the most vulnerable, as well. The works of Sagishi Souru, the 'Missing Sage,' are filled with accounts of students and genin who accompanied their much stronger senpai out of the gates, but who were then cast away and quickly murdered, sold into slavery, or simply raped to death.

“Basically, unless one is truly powerful or a true master of moving undetected, a missing-nin’s life is often brutal and short, not to mention boring as well. They lack the infrastructure that this village’s council provides, which ensures payment, mission work, hospital treatment, and a safe place for one’s family base,” he said, sipping from his flask before turning to Jo.

“So I see you read Aristotle, too! You have the Seventh Raikage to thank for that, by the way. Kagetsu Kiyo was an avid reader of all manner of ancient works of philosophy and governance, and kept an extensive private collection of works – art, music, literature – that was released after her assassination on a limited basis. Before that, such names – Aristotle, Mozart, Locke, Keynes – they were merely strange-sounding words. Still, I do caution you that outside the village, those works are still considered highly forbidden, and could get you in trouble, Narashi-kun. Oh yes, I did see your profile on the academy roster, and I have a photographic memory,” he said, quickly explaining away some glaring inconsistencies. “I also hate to burst your bubble, but in truth, our Monarchy is probably anything BUT benevolent. Remember that it is a feudal, hierarchical system where the majority of commoners have no concept of ‘human rights’ as some of your authors endorse, and in turn are not treated with any sort of ‘natural dignity’ to which they may or may not be entitled to. We live in a society where a samurai can, if he wished, test the sharpness of his blade on any non-noble passerby without retribution. Note that this does not happen in practice simply because the same samurai would quickly find himself the target of a shinobi hit when his Lord found out. After all, one does not go slicing up farmers because then the rice will never be harvested. But I digress. The truth is that you will never see a peaceful protest in Lightning Country in your lifetime, most likely. To even imagine such a thing would mean a fundamental restructuring of an entire people’s way of thinking. Still, as a shinobi, you are in the position where you have more of a chance than anyone else to change things ‘from the inside’, so to speak.”

He turned, finally, to Takahashi, the girl with the appearance of a dirty china doll, but who had spoken so well.

“You probably give the most fundamentally correct answer out of all present. Why do shinobi go missing? It’s because they can’t find what they want in a village. As I said to Santaru-kun, a shinobi village provides nearly everything you will need for a comfortable existence. Most shinobi are given the choice of what missions to perform, and usually you will never truly risk your life unless you have fully consented to do so. And it’s also where the majority of you have your families, your parents and siblings and perhaps one day, children. But Kumogakure is also meant to contain you. You cannot freely leave lest you be declared a missing, and some shinobi simply cannot deal with that fact. Despite a decent standard of living in one of the most socially advanced settlements in the country, and despite the likelihood of a quick, painful death out in the missing world, some shinobi simply desire more than anything to leave, or be free. It is even said that some of them, upon leaving, continue to serve their home village in a clandestine manner, and even maintain contact with their village while knowing full well that they will never be thanked for their work or welcomed back. It is postulated that former Raikage Santaru Ryuuto did exactly this.

“So what am I saying? That missing shinobi should be forgiven for their actions? Well, that’s really up to the policy set by the Raikage,” he shrugged. “Still, it is important to know that the official village policy is that going missing is an offense punishable by death, so in other words, don’t try this at home. I hear that the Medical Sennin, Doctor Isaki, literally hid under a rock for the last two nights in the rain just so he could catch and kill anyone attempting to leave without a passport,” said Masao, wryly.

“Anyway, that’s all the time we have for today. I’m grateful that you all came and were willing to share your thoughts. I am a scholar of shinobi warfare, and every time I enter the village and talk with you, especially the young, I learn something new. In any case, your instructors have decreed that you all earn a class credit toward graduation. Some of you will be promoted to genin soon, so I wish you luck.”

[Class ended! Post in this thread: http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=6597 to receive your stats and payment. Don't forget to exit.]

Kousaki Satoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The lecture continued, and Takagi Masao explained the political situation of the country in more detail, enlightening Satoru on a number of matters, mostly regarding the nobility and the current Shogun's history. He then moved on to the subject brought to the table earlier by Santaru Haru - missing-nin. Satoru hadn't thought much about the idea of going missing. In his mind, he had the ideas thought at the Academy, that missing-nin are traitors, which are to be hunted down and eliminated, and that they were usually terrorists. The thought of leaving the village never even crossed the boy's mind. Then, as the lecturer asked the question of why someone would go missing, the next idea struck him. Why do some chose to leave the village? Santaru Haru was quick to respond to the teacher's question, of course, but Satoru wasn't paying attention anymore. "Wait. Wanting to leave the village doesn't automatically mean you wanna be a terrorist... or harm anybody. So then... what about... shinobi who want to see more of the world? ...Each shinobi carries with him important information about the village, sure, and so they can't be allowed to take this information outside the country...," he remembered everything he was thought about missing-nin and the village's policy on such people, and then, for the first time ever, Satoru felt contained by the village. He realized that he might not ever be allowed to go where he might want to, and suddenly the thought of never getting to see more of the world instilled a feeling of dread in him. He was staring into space again, as his thoughts drifted from one idea to another. "Does this mean... I might have a reason to leave the village in the future... ?" He quickly shook his head a bit and leaned forward in his seat, his head down, and focused on another aspect of his shinobi life. "No. If I train hard and become a strong Cloud shinobi, I'll have many chances to see the country, maybe even other countries as well" He also thought of another perspective. Ever since he moved there, Satoru's always felt the village was a good place to live and prosper. "I'm living a... privileged life. I have everything I need here to grow and become strong. Not many have the chance that I have, after all... That's right, there are even fewer shinobi in the world than I first thought...," he thought while clenching his fist for a moment. In the meantime, a few of his student colleagues had already answered the question put by the lecturer. Satoru then raised his head again and straightened up, focusing his attention on Takahashi Ren's words, who was just finishing her answer. He then looked at the teacher who waited a bit to see if anyone else was going to respond. At that moment, thinking about it, Satoru couldn't find a reason that he found rational for a ninja to go missing and so, not able to formulate a response that would encapsulate his thoughts properly, he didn't speak himself, and he wasn't the only one.

He continued to pay attention to the teacher who shared some more information about missing-nin.

"...a shinobi village provides nearly everything you will need for a comfortable existence." "Just as I thought..."

"Despite a decent standard of living in one of the most socially advanced settlements in the country, and despite the likelihood of a quick, painful death out in the missing world, some shinobi simply desire more than anything to leave, or be free."

"It's not freedom if you have to run and hide...," these were Satoru's last thoughts on the matter, as the class soon ended. Like most people present, he stood up from his seat. He stretched a bit and looked around. His eyes stopped on Nigiri Shimete and her pet wolf, who were a sight that drew Satoru's attention. He studied them a bit, especially the wolf, because he'd never seen a wolf so close-up before. "Her teacher... huh?," he thought, with a natural dose of skepticism, before he started walking towards the door.

[Topic Left]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete never did understood why people desired what they called, ‘being free’. If this freedom meant risking your very life then it is not worth seeking. She much rather prefer the comforts of her cage. With the mention of the medical senin, Shimete was glad she was able to get a passport from the Raikage that time she left to The Heartland of Kaminari no Kuni. She would have died before even starting her mission. When the teacher wishes her luck of the exam she feels like she is going to need it.

[exit topic]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Never heard of civil rights or human dignity…?” Jo though incredulously. He suddenly realized how privileged he was having grown up in a middle class family in a shinobi village. The thought of anyone being forced to live under someone elses power without consent sickened him; especially since the peasantry was doing so without the knowledge of what was going on. Feudalism was a great system if you were to eliminate serfdom and assure that those in the nobility were fair, wise, and just rulers. The thought of anything in print being banned also slapped him in the face as wrong. Was he naive to believe in freedom of thought, speech, and the press; or was the government wrong in oppressing the people?

Either way, he left the lecture with a lot to reflect on. What use was life if you had to live in chains? The thought of going missing just to be free was starting to sound less crazy with each footstep he took towards home.

{Topic Left}

Takahashi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So basically...you can either live comfortably but with the village staring over your shoulder, or you can get out and get hunted. Neither of those options seemed particularly nice to Ren, but she didn't really mind; she, after all, had no plans to defect. As long as she did what the village asked and stayed out of its way, she'd have a dandy life. Right? Right. Never mind the fact that she knew for certain now that the village kind of experimented on its kids, or that it was a little crazy. She just had to do her thing and hopefully the village would, like, forget she existed.

She snapped out her thoughts when Takagi mentioned the medical sennin (who else could force mutation?) and how he'd waited to jump someone trying to leave the gates. Ren muffled her snicker with a fist, and when the lecture was declared over, she stood. Most of the crowd drifted towards the doors, and after a moment's hesitation - she liked the class, despite her initial doubts - trailed after them. She supposed that now was the time for her to think about the great mysteries of life and where her future would take her, but Ren was settled on becoming a career chuunin and so could only think about the fact that she hadn't really had breakfast. Thoughts about missing nin and the so-called benefits of becoming one shut off the second she was out of the lecture hall, replaced with thoughts about grilled cheese sandwiches and soda and food.

I don't think my priorities are right... Ren mused, then shrugged. Food was waiting, after all.

[Topic Left]

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“So what am I saying? That missing shinobi should be forgiven for their actions? Well, that’s really up to the policy set by the Raikage,” he shrugged. “Still, it is important to know that the official village policy is that going missing is an offense punishable by death, so in other words, don’t try this at home. I hear that the Medical Sennin, Doctor Isaki, literally hid under a rock for the last two nights in the rain just so he could catch and kill anyone attempting to leave without a passport,”

"I have no interest in going missing. I have too many things to accomplish and my goals in life is within the village. The question is, is this all a plan to actually keep me bound to the village? I can't think about this at the moment I need to stay focus." Junko ended his thoughts and continued to observe the conversation.

“Anyway, that’s all the time we have for today. I’m grateful that you all came and were willing to share your thoughts. I am a scholar of shinobi warfare, and every time I enter the village and talk with you, especially the young, I learn something new. In any case, your instructors have decreed that you all earn a class credit toward graduation. Some of you will be promoted to genin soon, so I wish you luck.”

Junko stood and put his hands in his pockets. "Thanks for coming to speak to us. I actually learned some valuable information. I also can now look at things in many different views." "Now the real test will soon begin. The test which I become a genin."

[Topic Left]

Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru listened to the lecture come to an end and he ignored the man’s advice thinking to himself, There has never been anyone as intellectually prepared as me to lead a group of rogues. Anyone who crosses me will die. Haru was surprised at his own darkness and willingness to kill; he didn’t hold his life high on his priority list.

Haru zoned out while the lecture ended, the lecturer instructed each student specifically.

Haru stood said his goodbyes and walked out the door. Time to become a Genin

[topic left]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back