Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

This is an Improvement [private]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
(Background to this topic found here)

Sousuke awaited his report from Tama about the mutant sand shark he had given the youth to study. The Steward eagerly awaited the results mainly because ... well when you come quite close to being fish food one does not generally encounter cataclysmic mind wrecking imagery being drilled through one's mind. Sousuke was not one for drinking, but to control his shaking and upset nature of what he saw, as it was probably meant for those of sound mental health, he took to the drink. This would not end like it did the first time he drank quite heavily, which was with him being knocked out. The difference between then and now was that Sousuke was drinking steadily, and wasn't rushed.

Still though, there were four empty shot glasses infront of the Steward. His mind was slightly dislodged for now he was thinking now in the present instead of being driven slightly mad by the disturbing images he saw. For the most part Sousuke was in control. His mind was more at ease and the images that haunted him were absent thanks to a slight buzz he felt. A tingling it was. Sousuke signaled the barkeep for an additional shot to come his way, and in return Sousuke laid the yen out. The barkeep shook his hand and said that it was on the house. It was not often that you had the Steward at your bar, because Sousuke's drinking history was non-existent. He had kept a low profile being that he spoke to not a single individual. Sousuke toyed with the shot glass slightly. Shifting it from left to right not spilling the drink. A moment later he downed the shot and added the glass to his count of five now.

The tingling feeling was still there. That was an improvement over his shaking. Most definitely.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sometimes she just wanted to strangle her father. Why couldn't he understand that she did not want to head the family. Just because she was the oldest didn't mean she wanted it. He kept expecting her to change, to get her extra tattoos removed, to remove her piercings and she only had three ear piercings. He wanted her to dress like a lady in off hours. Kimonos, yukatas, traditional wear that her brother was much more comfortable in. She slammed back her third shot with force, almost breaking the glass on the counter. She grimaced and called for a whiskey double. Once it was in her hand, she glanced around the bar looking for a guy that could possibly handle her at the moment. She was frustrated in more than one way and needed to vent, but with every drink, the frustration was lessening, tension flowing from her shoulders out of her body.

She looked down the bar and saw a rather nice looking man she didn't recognize sitting there with five empty glasses in front of him. He looked to be shaking slightly, perhaps rattled from a hard day's work. Nari certainly understood that. She sipped calmly at her double, contemplating whether or not she wanted to approach him. She kept thinking until her glass emptied. She then called for it to be refilled and gathered herself up.

She slowly sauntered over to the open seat on his right and sat leaning back against the bar, crossing her legs. "Penny for your thoughts? You look like you've had quite the day, care for some company?" Her double entendre wasn't entirely obvious, but it left the door open for him to either choose a drinking companion or something more. Now she was closer, she studied his face- what she could see- a little more. He was certainly handsome, and the scars on his face only added to that fact. If he wanted the more intimate company, she certainly wouldn't object. She slowly sipped at her drink, savoring the burn that helped her to relax further.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke looked down at his left hand. There was a slight tremor present. Sousuke was still wearing his MkI Black Armour. His armour wasn't damaged, at least not heavily. Before coming to this 'fine establishment' he had managed to get off most of the sand shark's stomach acid. It wasn't dangerously acidic, but more of an annoyance.

Soon enough Sousuke was spoken to. He didn't answer her initially. It took him a moment to recognize the speaker as one Shiba Nari. An anbu whose family was an offshoot branch of the Uchiha. It was said that the young heiress had quite a bit to inherit, but rumor was she wanted none of it. It seemed that she had not recognized him. That was fine for the time being. He said nothing but placed on the table a large tooth of the mutant sand shark that was trying to devour him. He shifted the tooth over to her to have a look. "You tell me."<i></i> He spoke as he gave her a moment to have a further look at it. The tooth was yellowing, still sharp, and about the size of his hand. The images of what he saw while being devoured flooded his mind again. Sousuke closed his eyes for a moment and tapped the bar table for another shot. He was quickly attended to. The Steward waited for the shot glass to clink against his gauntlet before downing it. It took a moment for it to kick in, and once again the images were pushed back and the tingling feeling returned. "That is the tooth of a larger than average sand shark. Usually an adult sand shark's tooth is the size of an adult male's thumb. That of course his quite a bit larger. I was subjected to being devoured by that monstrosity, and managed to survive obviously. I don't think any Anbu or Origins branch member can honestly say they survived being eaten alive."<i></i> Sousuke paused. Well the only other thing that came to mind was a sandworm, but those were creatures of myths now. Well maybe not myths, but they were certainly not something you would engage on a daily basis.

It was probably not in his best interest to share what when he was being devoured that he saw images of ... even greater monstrosities. The last thing Suna needed was knowledge that their Steward was under heavy mental stress. Sousuke rubbed his face with his hands. He was tired, but he didn't want to sleep. Studies had indicated that while most people after seeing something highly disturbing that the same thing would not reappear in dreams, he didn't want to be one of the few that did. "Why don't you tell me about your day, I'm certain you had a better day than I had. Any engagements of interest?"<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nari watched as the apparently armoured hand slid her a rather large sand shark tooth. She grasped it by the root and lifted it up to examine it. In her curiosity, she immediately activated her sharingan and examined it. There were some divets and tiny gouges from scraping against his armour. As she listened, she slid the tooth back to him and deactivated her sharingan. She couldn't help but whistle softly when he said he survived being eaten alive. She was also amazed when she was reminded just how much larger than normal this shark must have been. There certainly were no Anbu or Origins that could boast surviving such a feat. "I don't know that giant scorpion from a few years ago was rather rough on me. Doesn't compare to being eaten, but it's the closest I can come to understanding." She finished her drink and thought back on what he said. That last sentence somehow clicked in her mind. She took a closer look at the armor and realized just who she was talking to. She cleared her throat, slightly embarrassed that she had hit on her boss, however subtly. She decided to just keep to amiable talk, even if she would acknowledge who he happens to be.

When he said that she certainly had a better day than him, she couldn't help but laugh softly. Compared to his day, hers certainly was better, even if it had been one of her less than good days. "Certainly compared to your day, mine was better, sir." That would be enough of an acknowledgement for her, she did prefer amiability after all. "I am not sure how much you know about my branch, but my father has been grating my last nerve. Today, he tried to force me to remove my 'excessive tattoos'. Besides a specific one, I only have two, both in memory of an important event. Not to mention him trying, yet again, to make me take out my piercings and 'get those holes healed'. He wants me to be a quintessential clan heir and I am not. I would rather influence and give advice than be the person making the decisions. To cap it off, he and I had another fight about the fact that I have no intentions of marrying anyone he has lined up for me. I would much rather copy practices of an acquaintance of mine than marry one of those stuck up civilians who think they are better than me just because they have never had to kill." At the last sentence, she squeezed her glass a little too hard and it shattered, luckily not cutting her. "Dammit," she sighed and brushed off her hands before putting her head in her hands.

"My brother actually wants to be the head, but my father won't give up." Her eyes teared but she immediately wiped them away. "Sorry, you probably don't want to hear clan drama right now, I'm just so frustrated." A moment later the bartender came over and handed her a diamond glass, she sheepishly smiled at him and paid him extra for breaking the glass. He was somewhat used to it, and always gave her the diamond glass when she was really frustrated. They had both learned from experience that once she broke one glass, she'd end up breaking more.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The word sir wasn't spoken until roughly three minutes into the conversation. It seemed that he was indeed recognized as the one and only Steward. The Steward rewound the last moment. Yes. She had coughed, or rather she had cleared her throat. That was also another signifier that she had figured out just who she was talking with. "Normally people are thrown off by the armour these days given its colour. I suspect that people have figured out my general signature being armour since the ... forced entry I had in the Mister Suna pageant... because someone thought it was funny to have me enter such a contest."<i></i> Yes. That was not a laugh or a hoot. That was if anything one of the more awkward moments in the Steward's life. He managed to put on a show, and managed to perhaps acquire quite a bit of attention as the Silver Centurion. He paused for a moment. "... You weren't there for that were you? ... I would sooner fight the Djinn again rather than have that."<i></i>

Sousuke listened to Nari speak of her clan's politics and her father's expectations. It seemed that the rumors were indeed quite true that she did not wish to become the heiress of the clan. It also seemed that the Uchiha descendant was not as traditional as her father wanted her to be. "You remind me of Kumiko... who was quite the opposite from you."<i></i> He paused to make some considerations. "You could abdicate to your brother once you come to power."<i></i> He made one suggestion. "You of course have a sibling to delegate to, I never did. You may also wish to consider taking your clan in a different direction. Your father can't do much when you come to power. You may wish not only to give power to your brother, but centralize power as well... but yes advisors are in short supply, but they are always welcomed."<i></i> The concept of marriage wasn't a surprising one either. It always seemed that the Uchiha had some sort of grand marriage plans. His mother's clan being the Masashi were less demanding of marriage. "Copy the practices of an acquaintance of yours?"<i></i> He would inquire. What was it that said acquaintance had that was so different on the concept of marriage? "Being who I am, I too am expected to marry. Luckily my parents aren't so ... particular about my choices. My mother ... more or less spat in the face of the Uchiha Elder when she married my father ... which was more of a knock at their financial position. We Takahashi aren't ... ... ... exceedingly rich."<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His armour was certainly distinct, especially the color. Most people had silver or tan armour, depending on their style. Her own armor was a darker version of the purple in her sharingan, it just fit her. When Sousuke mentioned the Mister Suna pageant, Nari couldn't help but smile. She had heard of it, and had seen a few fliers about the contestants, but she hadn't been very interested in it. "Yes, it would not surprise me if that were the case. I saw pictures and bios of each contestant, and considering the fact that you were forced into it, I readily applauded the use of your armor. I am just glad that they haven't tried to make a Miss Suna pageant as of yet. My father would likely force me into it, if only to present me as marriageable. I did not attend the pageant though, I didn't much see the point. I was having fun arm wrestling people at my favorite tavern.

If I remember correctly, that was the night the young Nekozuka heir bested me. I still get a bit of flack for it. Just the other night on of the regulars was jesting that I must be lesbian because she's the only one that has bested me. The reward for besting me was a kiss at the time, neither of us were expecting a winner, it was quite the sight I imagine."
She rolled her eyes and took a drink from her glass. She still felt a little bad about the glass she had broken. She had heard of the Djinn battle that had destroyed the medical center, and if the rubble spoke of anything, she was glad that her family had been out of the country when that happened.

When the Steward made suggestions as to her clan predicament, she was a little shocked. She took a moment and stared into her glass, contemplating his suggestions. Abdicating to her brother was certainly an option, but her brother was just as stuck in the past as her father was. He may be younger, but he hasn't been learning how to let loose as well as act formally. If she did abdicate to him, he would more than likely reject any and all suggestions she might make. Not only that, he might follow through with her father's threat of marrying her to some civilian who would want her to retire and become no better than a broodmare. The more that thought haunted her, the more stubborn and assured she became. Her eyes hardened for a moment before she finished her glass and called for another.

After a few moments, she was back on the original conversation. She came back in just as he was speaking of his mother's marriage to his father. She had heard about that from her grandfather. He had supported Sousuke's mother in her decision. Part of the reason her branch had broken off was the main clan's stubbornness about marrying. He had married for love, and made sure his son had that opportunity as well. On his death bed he had admonished his son to allow her the same. She was old enough to take over now, and she would, her decision was made. She would revisit the decision sober, but her decision was made.

"You know, part of the reason my branch split from the main is because my four-times great-grandfather wished to marry for love instead of politics and riches. In fact, my grandfather was exceedingly proud of your mother when she went against the norm. It is true that her own branch was less demanding, but he was still proud of her. Before he passed he berated my father because he heard that my sire was trying to arrange a marriage for me. His will was also rather direct on that matter." Nari chuckled softly. "He has calmed down some. Mother is better about it. She told me that she didn't care if I married someone originally from the Palais so long as I am happy."

She drank down her glass. "It doesn't matter if your family is rich or not, so long as you make your future wife happy. As for my acquaintance, that would be Sagasu Shinji. He and I had a nice time together after I saw him outside my family's compound."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke thought over what Nari had said about how if there was a Ms. Suna pagent that it would be used as a tool to present someone as marriagable. "That is what happened to Kumiko, or that is how I would interpret the Uchiha elder's intention. He's a very far reaching man."<i></i> Sousuke oftentimes wondered what exactly was Taguro's final endgame. Sousuke cross knitted his fingers together and took a moment to wonder. He was an old hand, had most of the pieces in his court, save a few. Sousuke more or less metaphorically threw a wrench into the cogs of his working machine when he had declined to sign for the marriage between House Motomori and House Uchiha. Surprisingly, the matriarch of House Motomori seemed to be quite pleased with herself that Sousuke had intervened. Sousuke's deep and critical thinking moment was given pause when Nari mentioned Kimi. How old was Kimi now? It ... how long had it been since that fateful breaking of the fast that one morning? It must have been years ago now. Funny that. Sousuke had changed very little, but Kumiko now was a young woman. To further complicate things, Nari mentioned that the two had kissed when Kimi beat her. "...What?"<i></i> The Steward tried to picture the scene. People. A table. Drinks. Arm wrestling. Yes. That was all easy. He pictured Kimi winning. As the kiss that was to follow... the scene Sousuke had drafted in his mind shattered. "Most strange. Forgive me, I'm aware of the term, but I still have difficulty comprehending the whys, and the hows. It is ... a foreign concept to me."<i></i>

Nari's clan seemed to have a somewhat backwards approach. It didn't initially make sense to him. To have a freedom to spouse, then back to arranged, while the current generation desired freedom. "Hrmm... your ancestor were pioneers it would seem, and my mother would be pleased to know that someone is proud of her."<i></i> Nari next revealed the name of her aquaintance, which was Shinji. Sousuke looked as if something had hit him. Shinji? Really. "I am aware of Shinji's practices. They are ... exceptional. Quite exceptional. So ... if I were to understand you properly then, you would rather have a string, or series of lovers? Nothing concrete, always up in the air as it were? I'm ... ... well I suppose one could call it a relationship. They are as different as night and day."<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Sousuke mentioned Kumiko and the Uchiha elders, Nari's memory of what happened with the young woman did not completely sync with her current train of thought. She knew that Kumiko was more or less forced into things, but that was a few years ago, and not in her segment of the family, so she didn't know many details. The Steward then seemed to get stuck somewhere around the fact that she had once kissed Kimi. He explained that the two of them together was a foreign concept and Nari couldn't help but smirk a bit. "Eh, don't worry about it. We only did that because it was the wager. I told anyone that if they could beat me, then I would give them a kiss. Kimi gave me a way out of the bar and the wager when she beat me."

Nari shrugged softly and drank another sip of whiskey. She could only nod and raise her glass slightly at the mention of his mother. He then went on to speak about Shinji and described his practices in a different manner than she previously thought of them. "Alright, I admit that I'm a bit more of a romantic than I previously thought. Having you describe him in that manner does open the eyes somewhat. I could not really do what he does. It is one thing for me to pick someone up every now and again, it is another entirely to pick up two or three in a week, not that Shinji does that often. He was quite the gentleman when we had a drink together. It was nice talking to someone with a true brain."

She finished off her glass, signalling for another, and turned around in her chair, her former position finally getting uncomfortable. Once she was twisted around, she smiled at the Steward. "Believe it or not, this little chat has helped me. Is there any way I could possibly help you? Even if it's just to sit here and talk, I'm okay with that."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke merely nodded his head as he was told not to worry about the situation with Kimi. "I have had a fair share of experiences, but one can always have something new. I have known her household before she was born. I have her father's panther to thank for keeping my company when I was but a small boy. I once pulled her tail, and was then told very firmly but very politely not to do that again, and so I listened."<i></i> Sousuke described. He did adore that panther. In fact that panther was one of the many items that led to Sousuke inventing Kitchenzilla.

Nari spoke of how she was a romantic. The Steward wouldn't have imagined that immediately. He pictured the concept of 'fun' being top priority in terms of her pyramid of characteristics. He closed his eyes and twitched as he realized he had perhaps done that thing that Okibi had spoken about. "Yes ... well... I am who I am after all ... and people must be protected in all forms."<i></i> He paused slightly, "Suffice to say ... Shinji has somewhat of a reputation of sorts amongst my staff."<i></i> There was a hesitancy of sorts. The Steward merely shrugged. "I suppose it is advantageous to know this for future use seeing as how ... sometimes hearts get broken. I've observed this on occasion, and it is a most deplorable state, almost as bad as boredom."<i></i>

Following that Nari complimented him. She asked if she could help him in any manner. The Steward's mind was beginning to hurt, and the shaking in his left hand occured. It was best to take care of that with the only medication he knew of being alcohol. Drink was not a wonderful thing, but it worked. Shuu was right in the fact that drinking would slow down the mind. He inquired for another drink, this time a weaker drink but there was plenty to it. A rum and cola. He sipped it. "Yes. Let's just do that."<i></i> He paused for a moment, his thinking pace was slowed, yet he could still read people. Given the amount of drink he had, it was time to see if that skill had been influenced. "Would I be correct in assuming that you care for the members in your anbu team, but you tend to cut ties with them in the personal realm. You are fearful of growing attachment and that you would wish to avoid the pain that comes with should one of your team mates have the worst occur. You take your position as an Anbu most seriously, yet you do not take it so seriously so as to become completely devoid of your gender?"<i></i> He paused, "I am also prone to think that because you are a romantic, you would tend to favour a man who is capable of being a cavalier? Given that most of the historical romantic figures are cavaliers of one form or another."<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Sousuke mentioned the Nekozuka head's panther, Nari's brow furrowed slightly, trying to remember the panther's name. "If I remember correctly, her name is Kisa. She is quite the beauty. I too played with her some when I was small." She took a small sip of her drink and continued listening to Sousuke. She was not surprised in the least that Shinji had a reputation among the Steward's staff. She couldn't help but chuckle lightly when equated a broken heart to boredom. Certainly one could be equated to the other, but it was not a comparison that Nari would have made. "That is quite the comparison, Takahashi-san. I would not have equated them otherwise. I do recall a cousin of mine pouting like a bored child after a break up. It honestly bothered me after a bit. I ended up having to almost literally knock some sense into the girl." She rolled her eyes and took another drink.

She noticed his hand shaking slightly and became a little concerned. Her brow would furrow once more for a moment, before deciding that if his shaking got any worse, she would try to cajole him back to his residence for some rest. When he seemed to study her slightly, trying to read her apparently. With the amount of alcohol he had in his system, it would be interesting to see just how accurate he would be. His evaluation wasn't too far off, some things didn't seem quite on but for the most part it was all there.
"I do agree that I care for my ANBU team. After an incident with a certain scorpion some years ago, I found it hard to allow myself to come close to my team mates. The boy the faced it off with me nearly died from complications from the giant's venom. My only other tattoos are in honor of the event and him." She gestured toward the visible scorpion and bicep cuff on her right arm, the one visible to Sousuke. "If I didn't take my job seriously, then I could potentially destroy needed information in cases and for security of our village. I tend to believe that proper information should be drawn out by building rapport before using other abilities to tear information from another's brain." She took a long drink, thinking about the last interrogation she had done. The man had gotten a tad violent and she had to subdue him with her doujutsu, an immediate reaction. He wasn't quite the same anymore, but he was much more compliant and truth-telling. It is certainly a heavy burden to bear. "As for romantic qualities, I am not so sure that I would prefer a man to be aloof as a cavalier may be. I may be romantic, but that is only to a point. I am not some damsel in distress to be rescued by the quintessential knight in shining armour, so to speak. Otherwise, nice job. Your buzz has certainly not taken the edge too far off of your reading skills."

Nari smirked slightly as she finished off her drink and called for another. She would not try to read Sousuke very deeply, but she would try a bit. "As for yourself, I can see that you have a very analytical mind, always reading and creating new scenarios. Whether or not you like your job, you are good at it. You can maneuver with the best of them, and know what things are right for our village. I believe you to be a rather old fashioned gentleman in romance. Any woman that catches your eye will be incomparably loved." Once she was finished speaking, she blinked and made a face, hardly believing what had just come out of her mouth. "If that was off, don't mind me. Alcohol tends to throw my reading abilities off quite a bit. I have no idea where some of that came from."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It would seem that Sousuke's attempt to read Nari was fairly accurate. Well at least it was good to know he was in the right, for the most part. "I figured you had a perchance for the cavalier mainly due to it being a shot in the dark. A good one considering it is oftentimes something that most members of the female gender prefer. Secondly riding a horse is not a simple thing... especially when the horse in question is an exceptional being of sorts."<i></i> He explained. Yes. Rolling Thunder was if anything a most complicated, moody, and being entirely dedicated to being justified.

The Steward's eyes focused upon the tattoo she spoke of. "Ah yes. I suspect this is one of the tattoos your father wants removed?"<i></i> He continued to listen to her speak of how she cared for her allies. "Boy. I suspect he has grown up now... and from the way you speak of it. Hrmmm..."<i></i> He knitted his fingers together. Let's see how much further he could go with his reading while in his state. "I suspect that you saved him from said scorpion. Perhaps ... he thought of you as a mentor at first? Then perhaps he had merely grown fond of you. The tattoo you had made was like you said to honour the event, but I suspect ... I suspect that he had taken it as a fondness towards him. Maybe it was... but you reeled in your emotions back. You value the memory too much to have it removed of course. Now that said boy is older he too has truly reeled in his emotions, and see you as a proper co-worker now."<i></i> The Steward unknitted his fingers. Right or wrong it was merely him reading into the heiress before him. "I am impressed by your dedication. Some Anbu ... still can't put aside the desire to simply blow things up... or on the darker side of things to ... relieve people of their innards."<i></i>

Now it was her turn to read the Steward. He listened to her describe him. "Hm. An opinion revealing a compliment. Refreshing."<i></i> It was not rare for Sousuke to receive praise, but it happened every once in a while. When she spoke of him being an old fashioned romantic, and a gentleman he paused to think that over. "Full marks. Especially on the last part."<i></i> He drank down some of his cola. "At the very least ... our relationship is reciprocal in some respects."<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nari sipped at her glass, listening to his reasoning and smiling softly. As he described the situation with the boy, she would nod with the correct portions. "Yeah, he was rather sweet on me for some time. At first he felt like he owed me, almost worshiped me. That was rather awkward for a while. That quit when he pulled me out of the way of some falling boulders in a cave. I was thankful, and that's when I actually got the tat after that. Probably not the best time to get it, but it turned out okay. We tried the dating thing, but we didn't really have anything in common apart from saving each other. We work together well, but that's it." When Sousuke praised her she hardly suppressed a shrug. "While blowing things up can be fun, I quite prefer the subtle and minute workings of the mind. It is enough that I could completely destroy someone's mind but do not allow myself to do so. Satisfies that particular quirk that many Uchiha share."

She drained her glass yet again, really starting to feel it. She couldn't help the smirk that followed her assessment. Apparently while drunk she didn't second guess herself and therefore read clearer, how odd. She wasn't entirely surprised when the Steward revealed that he was in a relationship. She called this time for her glass to be filled with just a brown pop, to hopefully help clear her head before she headed home. She knew her limit rather well and it was not for public to test her limit. Nari slowly drained her glass and set it upside down on her coaster, signalling that she was done for the night.

"You know, I find a walk to be rather soothing sometimes, especially when I'm still jittery from a mission. If you would like, I could accompany you back to your residence before I head home. It would possibly allow you to relax and get rid of whatever energy is plaguing you."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke merely listened to Nari go over what he could put together of her. It seemed that he was quite right for the most part. He was somewhat surprised when she referred to the tattoo as a tat. Must have been some new form of slang. He listened to how they worked well, and how the relationship turned out. "It is the smallest thing that usually binds people together."<i></i> Sousuke commented. He watched as Nari had ordered a plain drink this time. Clearly she wanted to work her way from the alcohol and towards a clear evening. What she next said to him made him think. Well. She was indeed an Anbu, and yes she was in a position to guard him. Sousuke blinked. "I usually don't need a guard, but yes I suppose I could allow it..."<i></i> Sousuke finished his drink and asked for some water to end the evening.

As the Steward drank his water, he heard a sort of screech go off. His eyes narrowed as he looked up. It sounded like an animal was around, but clearly there was none. He was hearing things, and that was quite troubling. Indeed it was best to get home, before he started seeing things. It wouldn't be ideal to suffer delusions in public. The Steward tried for a moment to wrap his head around what he saw. The moment he did that his head began to hurt. "Let us be on our way then."<i></i> Sousuke paid his bill, and gave the bar tender a tip. Sousuke merely certainly wasn't worse for wear. His pace was decent, and from the way he moved, one wouldn't know of the copious amounts of drink he had consumed. The Steward held his hands behind his back as he walked. His pace not quick but something comfortable.

The two would pass by a series of stores. One of them would catch the Steward's attention. Behind the glass window something would catch Sousuke's attention. A long red leather coat. The store was of course closed as the hour was slightly late. "Hmm..."<i></i> He would pause for a moment to admire the coat. "I suspect the life time of the coat, despite its price to be ... two weeks? I've always worked with iron, but I am certain I could make a sturdier version of this."<i></i>

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Sousuke declared that it was fine for her to accompany him home, she immediately paid what was left of her tab and stood. She noticed his eyes narrow momentarily, and looked around for a sign of the momentary distress. When she saw nothing, she shrugged and started heading toward the door once he had paid his due. She kept up with him easily, despite the fact that he was quite a bit taller than herself. She was, therefore, walking a bit faster just to keep up.

As they passed the storefronts, Nari saw a few things that she might come back and get another day. She stopped with him to admire the same red leather coat. It was of good make and quality, and would probably last for some time with minimal wear. "It would honestly depend on what you are doing while wearing a leather coat. If you are expecting to go into battle or train in it constantly, then it might last only a few weeks. If you wanted to only wear it for day to day tasks, then it would last much longer. As for a stronger material, possibly a tightly woven carbon fiber or some other such material?" She restrained herself from pointing out that red would be a good colour on him, even with his hair color.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke listened to Nari comment on the coat as well. "Well. It'd be every day wear."<i></i> He began, "I wore the same lab coat, washing it three times a week, for four years... so it would become part of my every day wear."<i></i> He explained. The Steward's eyes narrowed as he pointed out a flaw in the coat. "Agreed. See the flaw there? The designer here intends for the buttons to be replaced maybe tri yearly."<i></i> Sousuke paused, the reason why the coat had such a short life span on it became all too clear. It must have been the alcohol "I also think the coat is counterfeit. Still though it does look ... nice."<i></i> Sousuke proceeded to shrug. "I'm somewhat disappointed in myself that it took me that long to realize that..."<i></i>

"A project for another time."<i></i> The Steward merely took in the design of the coat and stored it in his mind for later use. By the time he would get around to he would certainly have thought of some improvements. The coat would have to have some combat qualities to it... after all the idea was to ultimately replace his usual lab coat, seeing as how he was certainly more social than what he was. As the Steward continued his accompanied walk home, the more and more the alcohol was beginning to wear off, and with it came Sousuke's rapidly thinking mind. A slight frown came across his face as he was beginning to think more and more of the creature he had envisioned earlier. Before he knew it they were back in the residential zone. "Ah. My home is just down this street."<i></i> He paused for a moment and nodded his head. "I'll be fine for the rest of the walk. Thank-you for keeping me company."<i></i> He paused for a moment, "I'm not a frequent ... longue drinker, so it was an experience. One that ... I may in time try again."<i></i> He explained, "Have a good evening Nari. Mmm. I wish you well in your undertakings."<i></i> With that the Steward would make a farewell gesture and would journey to his ancestral residence. It wasn't much of course, but it was home.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Sousuke said that he would be wearing the coat every day, she completely understood his reluctance to buy a regular leather one. He pointed out the flaw, and she immediately saw what he was pointing out. The buttons would certainly wear out. Perhaps if they were made from some other substance or attached differently, it would be more suited for constant wear. Flipping on her sharingan, she more closely inspected the coat and found that the material was in fact fake. "It may have taken a bit, but you the fact that you could just see that it was faux leather is an impeccable insight."

As they walked back through the residential district, Nari took in the soft sounds of the cave bugs. It was rather calm, something she was glad for. As they neared the Steward's turn, they slowed and stopped. He thanked her for her company and she couldn't help but smile. "Your company was much better than any others possibly could have. It was nice to talk to someone with a brain. Thank you for helping me with some of my own family issues. I hope that your endeavors flourish." She bowed slightly, acknowledging his station. "Good night, sir."

She walked confidently home, a new bounce in her step, and resolve in her eyes.

[Topic Ended]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back