Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Through the sands of time [ Contract Search ]

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Venturing topside never amounted to good fortune. One only did so when ordered or supplies were needed. NEVER did a soul do so without being prepared. Why would anyone dare such a task to begin with? If one survived the harsh high winds ravishing the landscape they must then endure razor sharp diamond sands slashing the very wind, enough to shred the flesh of a man.Yet here Kumiko found herself, alone, making her way to Soon's Haven. Taking every precaution the Uchiha had fastened goggles to protect her valuable onyx eyes, drew back her black hair in a single pony-tail which remained hidden under her leather trench coats hood, a red scarf wrapped about her face to conceal any exposed skin, and an extra heavy cloak draped about her shoulders. She was sure said cloak would be ruined by the time she returned home.

Why one might ask? Her damned twin brother sought specific parts for his latest project and, once again, was unable to pick them up himself. Apparently he, oh so conveniently, was called away for a mission. But alas, the merchant could only hold the parts for him for so long! What ever was he to do! Unfortunately for Kumiko she had been given a few days leave, something well known to her brother. The good sister she was, after endless whining on his behalf, offered to pick up his order. Needless to say every step taken Kumiko cursed her twin. Every bitter sting from each and every diamond further cultivated her resentment towards him. ' When I get back he better buy me a new set of clothes. AND dinner. Ya, dinner too. ' She snickered inwardly.

Not only did one deal with the elements within the middle of a desert but also the creatures which lurked within the sands. Few knew what truly lived within the Maelstorm or how these creatures evolved once the people of Suna took underground for refuge. What they did know was how dangerous they could be. Kumiko herself encountered two foul beasts, if you could call them beasts, during her last mission. If she could avoid such an encounter again she would. So far lady luck was on her side. Having left at dawn nothing hindered her travels, other than the diamond laced winds of course.

By now the Sun, which pierced through the fog of sand and diamond, hung high within the sky. It was now mid day, Kumiko having already traveled hours without rest. If that fact alone hadn't caused her to tire, the storms endless barrage certainly did. Very little could be seen through the sands density yet this Uchiha could make out the faint blur of boulders, maybe even a cliff face, not so far off within the distance. Lady luck was on her side! Not only had she found the cliff face but it appeared to be the entrance to a small cavern, safe from the perilous winds. Snatching this opportunity to rest Kumiko lay her gear against the cavern wall, after taking her canteen out, and unwrapped the scarf protecting her face in order to quench her thirst. " Ahhhh. That's much better. It's the worst getting sand in your water out here. I'd be picking it out of my teeth for weeks. " She chuckled to herself. Maybe, just maybe, if she waited the storm would ease. She doubted even lady luck could make that happen.

words: 574
Searching for : Spider / Bat
* not sure if I'm suppose to specify my contracts of choice over all or just the ones to be found in this area. If only within this area then spider/fox.

Zethui Kobayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If you look around, you will notice a long trail of tiny spiders moving in a single-file trail deeper into the cavern. There is very limited light near the entrance and it becomes %0 after venturing a few feet in.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The dryness within her throat was quickly quenched by the crisp water from her canteen. Little droplets dripping at the corners of her lips. One couldn't help but feel refreshed after the sensation of cold goodness trickling down her throat. " Ahhhhh." Kumiko couldn't help but vocalize such contentment in this moment, as she let her weight lean against the back of the cavern wall. Unraveling the red scarf protecting her face and affixing her goggles atop her head she'd take a deep restful breath, the back of her head resting against the rock face.

After travelling non stop for such an amount of time this rest was needed. It didn't take long for her onyx eyes to drift close, taking advantage of this brief stop on her way to Soon's Haven. How much time passed Kumiko wasn't sure. What awoke her was a faint tap, tap, tapping. It was ever so faint but to a trained shinobi's ears it was easy to pick up. Cracking open a heavy eyelid this Uchiha found she wasn't alone in this cavern. About a foot from her position a thin train of, what appeared to be spiders, scurried further into the depths of the cavern. " Now why would there be spider's in a place like this...and so many..." She thought out loud. Curiosity quickly grabbed a hold of her. Sure, she probably should get moving if she wanted to arrive in Soon's haven before nightfall. Her twin brother specifically said he needed these parts as soon as possible. But then again she was out in these diamond sands because of him. Making him wait a little longer wouldn't kill him, would it?

Pushing off from the caverns wall Kumiko followed the many spiders leading her further into the cavern. The further she delved, making sure not to step on any of the tiny spiders lined single file, the darker the cavern grew. Until finally all light was void. Immediately she stopped, not wanting to accidentally step on the spiders while in the dark. Thankfully she was an Uchiha. Channeling chakra into her eyes, onyx bled into crimson. If there was chakra to be seen within the cavern she would see it.

words: 369
[ MFT ]

Zethui Kobayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As you look deeper into the cave, you will see a small trail of chakra bearing spiders moving deeper into the cavern. Each of them seem to be carrying small morsels of food to the back. As you look deeper into the darkness, you will see a much larger chakra enforced creature. The unique body shape leaves little doubt that this is a spider. It seems to be about human-sized. Somewhere below it seems to be a large ball of chakra that can not be easily determined what it is past it's shape.

[OOC, I'm not trying to be vague but you are still 200 feet away from the Summons and haven't moved closer]

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The switch to her sharingan was a smart one. By entering the pitch black cavern, steadily slopping downwards into the bowels of the earth, Kumiko risked stepping upon one of these many tiny spiders. Within the darkness how was she to tell if they remained within a straight path? But by the sight of her crimson eyes a path of chakra was revealed to her. Each spider lite up like a firefly as she once more followed the trail. Further and further she followed the spiders until, before her eyes, a larger source of chakra burned bright. From nothing more than it's figure illuminated by chakra Kumiko could tell it was a spider. A BIG spider. Kumiko wasn't a squimish person. Bugs of all sorts and sizes made their home within the underground of Sunagakure. As for being fearful of a giant chakra laden spider, well, Kumiko had fought against much worse within the diamond sands. However the large ball of chakra wasn't so easy to determine.

Should she continue on? Would she be disrupting these spiders? Needless to say Uchiha Kumiko had stumbled into a spider's den. Her fingers would lightly brushed against the cavern walls, sticky threads trailing in her fingers wake. " Yup. definitely a spider's den. " She spoke quietly to herself but within these caverns her voice echoed off into the distance.

Zethui Kobayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The cavern moved back a ways, turning a wide arc to the right which leads to a large chasm. The barrel of the chasm seems to go on for an eternity. Strapped across the walls, in no less than 8 cardinal directions is an immense spider web. Each of the tiny spiders are marching across the floor to the nearest web strank. The continue in formation as they steadily walk the sticky tightrope. Near the center, a grand spider lies. It's hair has become grey and it looks like it may be sick. Off to the rear of the web looks like several spider limbs of an equal sized spider seem to be thrown about. Dangling below the spider-web is a sack of spun webbing. The sack seems to be moving, almost pulsing.

As the Echo of Kumiko's words littered the chamber, the large spider lifted it's two front limbs as a defensive reaction against any possible threats. Her fangs were easily seen as she hissed another warning against any intruders.

Who goes there? Speak quickly and loudly because my patience is as low as my hearing.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She continued her path through the pitch black narrow tunnels, following the tiny chakra lite spiders.These tunnels would veer to the right before opening up into a vast chasm. But seeing as it was pitch black Kumiko could not take in the enormity that was before her. All her eyes could display for her were the hundreds of spiders littered about as well as travelling across an intricate web strung about the ceiling and walls. Yet within the center of this chasm was a giant source of chakra, probably the keeper of this den. Unknown to Kumiko within the darkness this spider had become grey and looked rather sickly. What she had not expected was for the giant spider to talk.

" My name is Uchiha Kumiko. I seek shelter from the diamond sands. " Something was telling her not to piss this creature off. When it came to talking spiders, or any talking creature for that matter, it was best to show respect.

words: 163
[ MFT ]

Zethui Kobayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the super-sized arachnid laid upon the web, he shook a bit, sending vibrations all along the spiderweb. Each line of her web seemed to be carefully chosen. A balance between structure and art. One would find it hard to believe that the spider laying in a feeble position could engineer such a structure. He looked towards the girl's voice but the shadows favored her when mixed with the the old spider's poor vision.

Oh thank god, a woman. If it was a man, I'd have to kill myself before dealing with their stupidity concerning delivering babies. That's what got me into this mess in the first place.

See how that worked out for him?

The remains of the male spider who mated with her were behind her. The limbs were thrown around and seemed to be oddly organized. Pieces of them were taken apart and parts removed. A black ooze seemed to cover most of it, or dripped from large holes. The scene was grotesque when you begin to think about the size that object once was, now reduced to almost nothing.

He said he was healthy enough for the mating ritual, that he loved me enough to sacrifice his life for our children. Little did I know that he was full of sickness and close to death already.

What Kumiko didn't know was the events of the previous month. Her mate had decided that being close to death, he wished to continue his legacy through children. He sweet talked her until she gave in. When their species of spiders mate, the female kills the male and uses his body for nourishment for her, and eventually for the babies. She will nibble off of it while making a giant sack to lay the spider eggs in. When this is complete, she will leave the rest for the newly born spiders to feast on after they see first light. Little did she know that he had a sickness inside of him that was turning his organs to mush. Within a week of being impregnated, the few parts she could save for nutrients were gone, the rest of the body had dissolved into the black sickness. She was worried that the same sickness was inside of her now but that wasn't the imminent threat.

When the large sack of spiderlings hatch, they will be ravenous. All of her energy had been depleted in making the sack and placing them into it. She had nothing left to offer. She had managed to get the close by spiders to help her by finding food for her. But they couldn't carry much and the fuse on this bomb was very short.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kumiko wasn't entirely sure what to make of this situation. On one hand, one wrong move and she was spider food. On the other she was talking to a giant spider. Talking. how many people in their life times could say that? The atmosphere surrounding her seemed to vibrate with movement along the spider webs. She could almost feel them hum. However she could herself chuckling to herself over the female spider's words. " Yes, well, most men can be stupid. I suppose it doesn't matter what species they are. "

The reference towards the rotting dead male carcass behind the giant female spider was lost on her, considering how dark it was within the cavern. Seeing as the male was dead he wasn't emitting any chakra source for her to see with her sharingan. But the putrid stench of death slowly reached her nostrils. The female spider once more began to rant about her ill fortune, spewing on about the males sickness. Kumiko wasn't an expert when it came to spiders but she knew the male of the species was used as nourishment when the newborns hatched. With no nourishment how were the newborn's to survive?

" I can see your problem. Without nourishment your babies will starve and you can't leave to find food yourself. Er, do you have a name? I'd rather not call you giant spider. "

Zethui Kobayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Huh! It's been so long since I've said my name, I can't even remember it. I can just me a girl named Sue. And you are most definitely incorrect about my Babies starving. See, that weakling over there was not only supposed to provide sustanance for the babies, he was supposed to provide for me also. Giving birth too thousands of spiderlings take it's toll on you. He left me with barely enough meat on him to bare them. So when they hatch from their webbed sack, they will devour me in my weakened state.

Her hatred for the poor excuse for a male or father seemed to seethe through every syllable of her rant. the small spiders seemed to catch wind of the hostility in her voice. They all dropped their crumbs of food and ran for the light at the end of the cave.

And there goes my last hope. It was a long shot anyways, there isn't a plentiful amount of food in the desert to begin with.. You might want to kick up dust behind you also or you may be a gourmet treat for thousands.

[OOC, sorry for the short post. Lost my muse over the weekend for this topic. I'll get it back soon though.]

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kumiko wasn't an expect when it came to spiders. One parent dying for the sake of their babies was one thing. But both? Then again spiders were a completely different species from humans. Maybe that was the norm for them? Still Kumiko couldn't shake the ill feeling this gave her. " No offense, but that seems a little morbid to me. Then again I am a human. " She scratched her black hair thinking this over. Surely there was another way.

The hostility spoken from this sickened mother to be didn't rattle Kumiko, however, many of the smaller spiders scurried away in a hurry. Probably never to return. Surprisingly this giant spider showed concern for her out within the diamond sands.

" No need to worry about me. I can take care of myself. Surely there must be another way. You just need something to take your mates place as nourishment right? What if I were to find and bring back something else? Would that work? "

words: 163
[ MFT ]

Zethui Kobayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The old hag of a spider seemed perplexed at the notion. A human helping a spider of her size wasn't unheard of but definitely rare. Most humans would stomp on a spider that was barely a few years old. Even more would run screaming from one her size. She must either be mentally lame or she didn't truly understand what the horde of ravenous spiders that were nearly here.

If by some chance you were able to find food, it would need to be enough to feed all of them. When they hatch, they will be mostly blind and will be on a search for food by scent and feel. Many of the hatchlings will devour other hatchlings while searching. this insatiable hunt for food will go on for days as they gain their strength and sight. After that, they will leave the cave and find their own claim to stake.

I need nourishment also so I can leave this cave and travel back home. If you can help me, My brood and I would be grateful.

[OOC, you have 3 rounds to find food in a desert, bring it back to the cave, and get everyone fed.]

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maybe she should regret making such an offer as this. But there was something which plucked at her heart. The thought of these new born spiders turning on their own mother, devouring her, just because the father was, literally, a dead beat. A dead beat who tricked her and this trick would cost this soon to be mother her life. It was wrong. Plain and simple. " I will help you. When I return I will have enough nourishment for your hatchlings. " No more needed to be said. The sooner she began her search the sooner she could return.

Promptly Kumiko turned about, following the light from the direction she entered the cavern. Her mind raced with what needed to be done. What was she going to do? What was she going to find in the middle of the desert? And the Diamond Maelstorm at that! By the time Kumiko reached the entrance to the cavern the Uchiha had calmed herself down. The first thing to come to mind were sand worms, but an unlikely choice. No one had seen or heard of sand worms for years. Tracking one down with a limited amount of time was not an option. Her only other option ... well she didn't even want it consider it an option. Her vivid memory took her back to her previous mission. Her team ventured topside to locate a meteor which struck near the dead line. Only they weren't the only ones interested. What the team had been ambushed by didn't resemble anything Kumiko had ever seen. It stood 7 feet tall, hunched over like a humanoid but with extra appendages, yet it's back was protected by a carapace. Very similar to a centipede mixed with a scorpion, if it were to be compared with anything. Her first and last encounter had nearly cost her her life. It was foul, corrupt, and evil. It was an Unbent. She was going to hunt an Unbent. A creature which had almost killed her once.

This was all that mattered. Kumiko wouldn't let fear linger. Once more affixing her goggles in place and scarf about her face to protect it from the diamond sands, Kumiko ventured out into the storm.

OOC: Sorry it's taken so long. I'm now away till Sunday so no rush in posting.

Zethui Kobayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC, Sorry for the short post but there really isn't much I can add to this other than what is happening while you are away from the hive.]

Shortly after Kumiko left, the first of many legs scissored their sharp talons through the webbed sack. Soon, they will make their climb to the top in search of food. Only a select few have developed the ability to see with their many eyes, none of those have learned how to see in the dark. They will only be able to venture out by the sense of touch. The sack only has a single avenue for leaving, up.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
How one hunted an Unbent was beyond Kumiko. Her first and last encounter had been the result of both parties wanting the same item, a meteor which fell within the dead zone. Yet the beast particularly despised Kumiko, cursing her as a descendant of the first men. Her Uchiha ancestors. Maybe if she was able to display the sort of power from before she'd be able to lure one by using herself as bait? It was worth a shot. Well, it was all Kumiko had to go on at this point.

Having found shelter from the diamond sands it's onslaught once more beat down upon the female Uchiha. Already her heavy cloak lay limp and battered within the razor sharp winds and ever so slightly began making it's way towards her skin. She ventured as far as she dared to, given her time restraint, before finding herself within a vast stretch of nothingness. Sand dunes stretched across the horizons all about her with the sky clouded by the Maelstorm. This was as good a place as any. She could only hope, so that mother spider's sake, that this worked. Otherwise she'd be returning to a corpse.

With her onyx eyes protected from the elements she channeled chakra through them, letting onyx bled to crimson. With her sharingan activated Kumiko simply gazed, and fixated, on a specific dune in the distance. Her sharingan opened wider and she unleashed the most powerful jutsu within her arsenal. Ameretsu. Pitch black flames licked upon the spot she fixated on before erupting in a mass of unstoppable power. It was said power that Kumiko hoped would draw the attention of this foul creature. She continued her jutsu for a few moments, daring her limits. But before long she had to halt the flames. Her crimson gaze closed and thus the black flames stopped. All she could do now was wait. And wait. And wait. Nothing. Maybe her Ameretsu wasn't enough? Maybe there were no Unbent out here? Kumiko tried and failed. Because of her failure that spider was going to be consumed by her hatchlings. Her head slumped and her fisted clenched. Once again she was a failure.

Just as she was about to turn back a faint hissing caused her to stopped in her tracks. She craned her neck to the side catching a glimpse of a shadow moving through the diamond sands, unaffected by the slashing winds. The closer it drew to her the hissing became louder, it's height towered over the sands, and the carapace upon its back became noticeable. Her plan had worked. " I thought I smelled First Men. " It's voice sent shivers down her spine. " Pity you are a small thing. Not much meat on your bones. No matter. Your flesh will still taste divine female Uchiha. "

Standing face to face with this creature it's face contorted into a grin, barring it's razor sharp teeth at her. Kumiko knew making the first move was foolish. Any element she used against it the creature would simply absorb and use against her. Yet close combat was out of the question as well, as it would corrupt anything it touched. The only way she survived before was due to Ameretsu...but she needed this Unbent's body intact. " You won't be tasting my flesh. But I have plans for your own. " The Unbent made it's move as one of it's arms shot up from the sands under her. Kumiko barely had time to react, lunging to the right away from the appendage. But one of the razor sharp claws clipped her leg. Searing pain coursed through her as she stumbled to the ground. But the clawed arm gave her no pause. Instead it came barreling down upon her. Thank god for her sharingan. She saw the action seconds before it happened, giving her enough time to roll away from her previous position. " Foolish female. Resisting only makes you more delectable. " The Unbent's tongue licked whatever lips it had.

Genjutsu had worked well once. Hopefully it would work so again. With nothing more than her sharingan Kumiko would activated her crippled genjutsu. The Unbent would feel as though the limb which attacked her suddenly feel as though it were smashed and broken. The arm would falter yet still moved, though it was limited. " You dare think simply mind tricks will work on me!? " She may have dealt with one appendage but another, which lurked within the sands, struck out at Kumiko. The force sent her flying into the diamond sands, skidding to a halt in a heap. Blood trickled from her mouth. A scent which the Unbent easily caught. " Your blood smells tasty. " The smell of her blood must have overwhelmed the creature. for now it came at her, teeth ready to tear at her flesh. Something needed to be done to stop it in it's tracks. Kumiko had just the thing. Quickly performing handseals Kumiko would use her Spontaneous combustion fire jutsu upon the Unbent, setting it ablaze. It worked! The creature halted in it's pursuit a few feet away. However it was not from pain of the fire. At first it's carapace would begin to burn but the flames would quickly be absorbed into it, turning the creature a molten red hue. The diamond sands slashing against the creature would quickly sizzle upon contact. A boisterous laugh emitted from the creature. " You are far more foolish that I thought! Your fire is now my fire! " Kumiko knew this would happen. She knew the fire would be absorbed into the carapace. So she made no response. Instead she let it draw a little bit closer. And closer....until the Unbent was right before her. A risky tactic. Right as it was about to tear into her shoulders flesh Kumiko would, once more, perform a series of hand seals. This time, instead of another fire jutsu, Kumiko would use Grand waterfall. A vicious blast of water would slam into the Unbent. Immediately steam and vapor would engulf the creature, as the two elements came in contact with one another. It was this transition of element's that Kumiko would take advantage of. See and Unbent could only manifest one element it's absorbed at a time. Hitting it's fire carapace with a water jutsu would weaken it. In one swift motion Kumiko would draw her Naginata and thrust it into the underside of the Unbent's carapace, as the shift in elements took place. Further and further she'd thrust her polearm until it would go no further. " RAAAAH! You wretched, wretched woman! What have you done! " Yet Kumiko was not home free, not yet. Where he naginata plunged the corruption of her blade would begin. It quickly spread from the polearm to her hands, which she retracted as fast as she could, but the numbness had already set in. Backing away she'd watch the creature twist and contort in pain. " Curse you! Curse you first men! " After it's outburst a low hissing sound emitted from the Unbent's body until it finally slumped over dead. Exhausted Kumiko sat back, regaining her breath. But she had little time. Who knew when those hatchlings would hatch.

As quickly as she could Kumiko took out her large summoning scroll, which was empty, and lay it infront of the Unbent carcass. After a few moments the scroll was ready and prepared for the creature to be sealed in it. Carrying it back was not an option. Performing the required hand seals the Unbent would be sealed within her summoning scroll for easy travel. Now all she needed to do was return to the cavern and hope she would make it back in time.

OOC: wall of text no jutsu!

Zethui Kobayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first wave of blind spiderlings breached the top of the web. They will clumbsily search out for food. They will encounter the fathers remains first but quickly move on from there

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Not only did the diamond sands make it difficult for the female Uchiha to make her way back to the vast cavern sheltering the soon to be mother and her hatchlings, but so did the wound on her leg. Having ripped through the fabric protecting her the diamond sands lashed out at her exposed skin. Closer and closer she drew to the rocky sanctuary. Hoping she'd be in time Kumiko pushed herself forward through the opening of the cavern. She didn't even stop to take off her goggles or cloak. Instead she found her way through the darkness by activating her sharingan. Before she knew it she was before the giant mother spider, watching as a few chakra lite hatchlings emerged from the egg sack. A few minutes later and maybe Kumiko would have been late.

" I've returned. I hope this will suffice. " As quickly as she was able Kumiko laid the summoning scroll upon the gravel ground. Performing the necessary hand seals the female Uchiha would release the seal on the summoning scroll. In a puff of smoke the dead carcass of the seven foot tall unbent would lay before the female spider. Would this suit the female spider's expectations? These chakra lite arachnids first moved towards their dead father, however, found little there to satisfy them and moved on from there. Now all she could do was wait to see if the hatchlings would take this offering instead of feasting on their mother. Would encountering that Unbent be for not?

[ MFT ]
WORDS: 257

Zethui Kobayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The brood mother finally knew what real terror was. As a young child, she never quite understoon why Humans that were a hundred time larger than her would run away screaming upona glance at her. For a moment, she understood their anxiety for she felt it ten fold. As the first of thousands reached the web, she cursed the fathers name while praying to her own. The little terrors were going to be her ferry to the afterlife. And while she should hate them for it, she could only feel loe for each and every one of them. They were only doing what mother nature deemed necessary for survival.

As she admitted her destiny, a rattling came from behind. A dark soloette pierced the cave entrance and soon, some kind of rancidd meat was placed nearby. The blind spiderlings continued to search for food as the weakened mother say a smorgasborg before her. She used the last bit of her enegry to start ripping a few pieces from the caracass while the spiderlings coninued their blind search for food. Peril lurked for the brood mother because she was caught between the stinking carcass and the oncoming horde or ravenous offspring.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back