Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Time for Fun[Genjutsu Class 3/3]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
erv3.jpg

Today was finally the day. The sun was steadily going down as a majority of students and instructors were leaving the institution for the night. But, Katsu and his three students that would be approaching the classroom momentarily were going to be spending some of their night together. It had seemed like forever since the medical jounin had finished his exam to become an instructor in the Academy, and if the students would have been in the classroom they could see that he was nervous beyond belief as he was shaking and trying to keep it together. He never was the popular kid growing up, always second best, and never a people person. But now that could change, he needed to meet these kids first but he definitely could change their lives for the better.

But for now, he needed to sit back and wait for the kids to come to the room. Casting a handy illusion, he made himself invisible to the students so that they would think they were alone in the room and he threw his three puppets on the ground in the front of the room. A pile of puppets and no instructor, strange to say the least. But there is more, when the students were in the room, Katsu would slam the door shut and release a red fog that would surface starting from the ground and engulf the room. The two Genjutsu were higher up ones, but the effectiveness of them were toned down to not harm the students. The question that the students would all think would be: what the Hell is going on?!

[OOC: Have fun guys!
Note: Mist of Deceit is a C-ranked Debuffing Kinetic and Invisibility is an A-ranked Visual Debuffing Genjutsu
You're free to do what you want, this is an opening topic and your actions will affect what I do.]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let go of my hand
Is it time to go?
I'm not ready to turn my back on you yet
I'm not going to let you down
Kimi
Needless to say, night was not Kimi's ideal time for class. It was
her time, and she really wished that she could spend it the way she usually
would. It was almost too much to hope for that every night would be free.
Neverless, that was the time she was told, and therefore that was when
she would show up. Violin securely on her back, as per usual, she
made her way through the hauntingly quiet halls. She had her glasses on,
the dark of the halls messing with her ability to see. She brushed her hair
away from her face, coming to a stop at the door of the room. She
peeked in, and, upon seeing nobody, entered. She looked around
again, just to be sure she wasn’t missing anything, and noticed a pile of
puppets in the middle of the room. Strange. What would puppets be
doing there without a master to control them? She shrugged to herself,
pulling up a chair and taking a seat. She pulled her violin around,
unzipping the case with ease. It was night, her usual time for playing.
Since nobody else seemed to be there, why
shouldn’t she utilize that time to play before class? She started playing
whatever came to mind, mostly to pass the time.​
Bridges will fall from under us
But we are strong
We'll get through this
The earth will open up
And try to pull us in
But we'll get through this

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The charm lead him to the classroom at the appropriate time; which was apparently nighttime. Kei didn't particularly mind. After all, it wasn't like his nights were exceptionally busy. Still he couldn't help wondering why the class was being held at night. Were there no rooms available or was it because of some other reason? Their teacher was probably some sort of ninja vampire who couldn't go out during the day or something. Still, it was a class he needed so as long as no one tried to bite his neck he'd be attending. As he got close to the room he could hear someone playing what sounded like a violin. A night class was pretty much guaranteed to be out of the ordinary but Kei hadn't even gotten to the classroom yet. The talisman told him he was at the right room. Hey, Sensei, the halls are alive with the sound of music. He looked around the room, a pile of puppets and... Kimi. So she was taking the class too. Kei's eyes drifted back to the pile of puppets. Kei didn't know much about puppet users, but what he did know made him cautious. Hey, Kimi. Instructor not here yet? And what's with the puppets? Unless we're already under a genjutsu or something. It wouldn't be the first time I've had a teacher that liked their student to learn through experience. It was true, after all that was how he'd figured out the majority of his Taijutsu. So maybe this teacher figured that putting him under an illusion would be the best way to teach him what it was like, or maybe they were just tardy. He couldn't help wondering about the pile of puppets on the floor though...

[Topic Entered]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let go of my hand
Is it time to go?
Kimi
Kimi's eyes were closed, truly starting to enjoy herself. It was
rather peaceful, just her and her violin...and a pile of puppets...
No matter how hard she tried, those puppets were always there, like a
shadow in the back of her mind as she played. It kept her from truly being
able to get into her music the same way she typically would on such occasion.
That was partly why she didn't mind when the steady rhythm of footsteps
interrupted her song. As the source entered the room, she ceased her playing.
She set her violin down on the chair beside her, turning her attention towards
the newcomer. At the first word out of their mouth, a small smile graced her face.
It seemed as though she would know somebody in the class after all. "Kei!"
She looked up at the white-haired boy that she knew well enough to consider a
friend. "Nah. Instructor isn't here. But those puppets...they've been sitting
there since before I arrived."
she glanced over at the pile before turning
away. Those things really did creep her out. She began packing her violin
back up, taking extra care not to damage it, as she continued. "I wouldn't
know if we were under a Genjutsu or not. I'm just glad I know someone
in the class."
she brushed her hair out of her face, once again
frustrated by it's ability to mask her vision so completely. Some part
of her realized that there was a good chance she would have to wear her
glasses, or be completely at a loss as to what was going on during the class,
but she really didn't want to. Swallowing her pride, she pulled the hated item
from her case, and placed them on her nose. Vision clearing, Kimi looked at
Kei for what was really the first time. Sure, they'd had some conversations in
the past, but he'd never seen her wearing the glasses. For all he knew, she
didn't even have the things. She blushed slightly, though she really didn't
know why. It was probably something having to do with the fact that she hated
her glasses. "Any idea how many other students are going to be in the class?"
she asked the boy.​
But we are strong
We'll get through this
The earth will open up
And try to pull us in

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shit shit shit, I'm late!!! Sabaku screamed inside his head. He hated being late, he always tried so hard to never be late.
Why didn't I leave early! He thought to himself.

Running through the streets as if a pack of Cloud assassins were after him. Jumping from roof to roof he hurried as fast as he could. Finally he was able to see the school, it was just past the next building. With all he could muster he jumped off the roof and barely made the landing as he rolled after hitting the ground. He could now see the doors to the academy.

Ugh! I hope they're unlocked. He muttered under his breath.

With class being held as late as it was, Sabaku wasn't entirely sure the doors would still be open. Upon reaching the doors he stopped for a moment in concentration...

Please open, please open, please open... He chanted. And after a few seconds of silence he gave a tug....
HA HA! He shouted, as the door freely swung open.

Inside he went, running through the halls hoping that nobody would see him being so reckless as to run with such speed through the academy. Stopping for a moment he heard a noise.

What...what is that entrancing melody... He pondered to himself.
Where is it coming from? Again he wondered

Following the music he slowly made his way through the hallways, bending and turning in almost a infinite swirl. Finnaly he made it to a door, the music had now stopped....what lied beyond the door was a fearful mystery. Should he open it? Sabaku raised his trembling hand to the door and rested it upon the handle, it was warm to the touch. Someone must have just entered the room.
Gathering his courage he took a big gulp and pushed the door open slowly....the door creaked and made him cringe...peering inside fearing the worst, his eyes rested upon......two students.

Whew! He thought to himself as he let out a breath of relief.

Stepping through the door he asked, Would this happen to be Genjutsu 101?

But before either of the students got a chance to reply the door violently slammed behind him!

[OoC WC: 370] [Topic entered]
Click--->http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=105764#p105764 to know what i look like

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kei nodded in response to Kimi's answer. Well at least they weren't her puppets left lying around. "They're kind of creepy aren't they?" He said indicating the pile of puppets on the ground. He stared at them for a moment longer before shrugging and turning his gaze to Kimi, watching her as she put away her violin. To his surprise, she pulled out a pair of glasses and secured them to her face. That explained some things, and to be honest, they looked alright on her. He wondered why she didn't wear them more if she needed them to see. A shinobi or kunoichi couldn't afford to give themselves a handicap. Well it was her decision, it wasn't his place to criticize her choice of apparel. Then he noticed she was blushing, which he figured had something to do with the fact he was staring at her. He looked away quickly, trying to make it seem casual. It wasn't like he was trying to embarrass her, Kei was just a pretty observant kid. He was relieved when Kimi changed the subject. "Not sure but I'm betting we'll find out soon."

Without further ado, another student burst into the room causing Kei to gesture to Kimi for emphasis. The kid asked if he had the right room before the door slammed shut. Yep. He answered, rather unnecessarily. Looked like class was in session.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
04wh.jpg

Character Description:
Physical: Katsu stands at 5 feet 9 inches tall, with long straight black hair and a full beard for facial hair. He wears glasses for his hazel eyes and has straight natural teeth. Facial structure is natural and not abnormal in any way. His body is not level, he is shorter on the left side in every aspect and bares a lot of weight on his shorter side. He is in good shape however, but people wouldn't notice that quality in them because they would see the abnormal amount of scars on his body. He has a scar that runs down his spinal cord from a sword that slashed his back from earlier in his life and a scar on his ear from a childhood fight on a playground. But the most revealing scar is the one that is on his lips, as the scar is from a sword that slashed across the lips. In other words, he has a scar from one side of his upper lip to the opposite side on the bottom lip. Clothing all depends and will be described in the roleplay.

Mental: Overall, Katsu is deemed a "normal" member of society but he does struggle with some disorders: Obsessive–compulsive and bipolar. He isn't exactly the happiest person in the world. He tends to be a pessimistic on various issues and also believes the way to resolve an issue is to fight it out. It doesn't help he also has Xyrophobia(Fear of razors), Taphephobia(Fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries), Phasmophobia(Fear of ghosts), Thanatophobia(Fear of death or dying), Acrophobia(Fear of heights) and Merinthophobia(Fear of being bound or tied up).

NOTE: He looks exactly like the picture and then just add what I described here for appearance :D

The waiting for the students was a quick one as they all arrived into the room one by one starting with a long black hair girl who brought along with her a violin that she begun to play believing that she was alone in the room and would utilize the time for practice. She was lucky that the others weren't there yet or our practicing would've had to end abruptly by him. While playing, Katsu did listen to her and was impressed by how well she played the pieces she worked on...it was like she was protege at it! But her playing would end quickly as a taller student with snowy-white hair appeared in the doorway and begun to talk to her. Smirking, Katsu had already learned more about these students in less than five minutes than he had about the higher ups in the village. It was truly amazing how the students possessed more intel by themselves to him than anyone else. "So Kimi and Kei...and they know each other, very interesting but not impressive. They probably have been friends since they were born by the way they both look at each other...or they may just like each other...yeah probably like each other." thought Katsu as the third and final student walked into the room with hair that looked like sand. At long last the three students were here and Katsu could begin their lesson already.

With mere seconds after the last student entered, Katsu slammed the door shut behind him and released a red fog that engulfed the room. The red fog typically took over the body of an individual and caused the body to attack itself. But being generous, Katsu had reduced the effect of the genjutsu to be as dangerous as a simply smoke bomb. It was only to make visibility low and to separate the three from one another. After the simple genjutsu was casted, he drew the strings of his puppets: Shi, Kiotsuketene, and Kibou. He then moved his three little toys at the students trying to get behind them and slowly moved the hands of each one to poke at the students. Katsu was praying it would set order in the classroom and make sure the students were prepared to learn. The question that was open was as followed: What would these three students react to the different way thus far of Hatsuharu Katsu?

[OOC: Just do what you would do naturally, I am allowing leeway.]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let go of my hand
Is it time to go?
Kimi
Everything seemed to happen at once. Kei continued their conversation,
another student entered the room, the door slammed shut, the room filled
with a strange red fog. Kimi soon realized that seeing would be virtually
impossible in the fog. For some reason, that caused her to smile. She removed
her glasses and put them in her case, finding the objects to be nothing
more than a distraction in the fog. She closed her eyes, removing the
distraction the fogged vision would cause. Eliminating her sight, she focused
on other things. The first thing she noticed was the footsteps. There was
a fourth person in the room. The sound got even more confusing as other
rather strange sounds began filling the room. They were unlike anything
she had really heard before – the young girl had never been around
puppets of really any sort before. Neverless, she could tell that they were
moving, and it only took her a moment longer to figure out why. They were
circling the students. She heard the tell-tale sounds of someone behind her,
and spun on her toes. She heard the sounds of something getting closer,
and swerved out of the way. Whatever it was had gotten really close…it brushed
up against her shoulder.

Kimi moved around the room in near silence, keeping her movements as quiet
as possible so she could focus on what was going on around her. She made her
way to the wall with no trouble, which piqued her curiosity. Weren’t there supposed
to be a pile of puppets right about where she walked? She shrugged it off. It was
impossible to see in there. It was highly likely someone had simply moved
them somewhere else. Surely they couldn’t have come to life on their own.
Whether it was fear, or a simple oversight, she didn’t even consider the possibility
that the teacher could control puppets in any way. Shaking her head once again to
clear her thoughts, she formulated a plan. The three of them shouldn’t have let
themselves get separated. ”Kei?” her voice was soft, quiet
enough to be unobtrusive, yet loud enough that her friend and fellow student
should be able to hear. She hadn't even really had time to introduce herself to
the other student, so, by consequence, she didn't even know his name. That
was something she would have to remedy, as soon as this infernal mist was cleared.​
But we are strong
We'll get through this
The earth will open up
And try to pull us in

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Almost as soon as the door slammed shut the room began to fill with a crimson mist, drastically reducing visibility. That was unexpected, not to mention creepy and downright unsettling. He heard a strange clicking sound that set all sorts of internal alarms off. He'd never dealt with anything like this before. He made his way towards what he hoped was a wall, all his senses on high alert. He could sense movement in the room, but couldn't tell if it was his fellow students or not. He heard a noise behind him and spun around just as something reached out to touch him. It prodded him lightly on the shoulder and caused him to jump backwards, startled. At that moment he heard Kimi's voice call out to him. I'm here. What is going on? The only thing he could think of was that there was someone else in the room who'd previously gone undetected could it be their instructor testing them? It made sense, most people wouldn't just leave puppets lying about, and they couldn't just get up and move about of their own accord. It made sense that the person behind it would be in this room with them and the only people who had business in that room were students and instructors. "Alright, we're here for a class remember? This is probably some kind of trick or test." He sounded more confident than he felt and though he took a more relaxed position he was still ready to attack if need be, or if one of those things tried to touch him again.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Before any introductions could be made, the room begun to fill itself with a mysterious red mist. Alarms began to sound from within Sabaku's mind. He heard noises that sounded like wood scraping ground and other clicking noises. He could hear the other students talking to each other.

WTF is going on?!?! He thought to himself.

He began to inch his way towards a corner, as he was already against the door it was easier to find. He quickly found the corner, hoping that nothing could sneak up behind him there.
Pulling out his Knuckle Kunai he spoke out to the mist,

Is there anyone out there? I will fight you if I have to!!! He said trying to sound tough but fear still found an opening in his words.

[OoC WC: 130]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
04wh.jpg

Character Description:
Physical: Katsu stands at 5 feet 9 inches tall, with long straight black hair and a full beard for facial hair. He wears glasses for his hazel eyes and has straight natural teeth. Facial structure is natural and not abnormal in any way. His body is not level, he is shorter on the left side in every aspect and bares a lot of weight on his shorter side. He is in good shape however, but people wouldn't notice that quality in them because they would see the abnormal amount of scars on his body. He has a scar that runs down his spinal cord from a sword that slashed his back from earlier in his life and a scar on his ear from a childhood fight on a playground. But the most revealing scar is the one that is on his lips, as the scar is from a sword that slashed across the lips. In other words, he has a scar from one side of his upper lip to the opposite side on the bottom lip. Clothing all depends and will be described in the roleplay.

Mental: Overall, Katsu is deemed a "normal" member of society but he does struggle with some disorders: Obsessive–compulsive and bipolar. He isn't exactly the happiest person in the world. He tends to be a pessimistic on various issues and also believes the way to resolve an issue is to fight it out. It doesn't help he also has Xyrophobia(Fear of razors), Taphephobia(Fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries), Phasmophobia(Fear of ghosts), Thanatophobia(Fear of death or dying), Acrophobia(Fear of heights) and Merinthophobia(Fear of being bound or tied up).

NOTE: He looks exactly like the picture and then just add what I described here for appearance :D

kohaku__s_mangekyo_sharingan_by_blazingbarrager-d1gdsys.jpg

Listening to the three students' movements, Katsu stopped his puppets after the initial attack and quickly drew them back to himself putting them away into the scrolls he had laid behind the podium. The initial attack had done its job as it had evaluted to Katsu how the kids could handle both the Genjutsu, his puppets, and keep their wits about themselves. Slowly, the red mist was dying down and Katsu could make out the silhouettes of the three students. Smirking to himself, he proceeded to walk over to each one of them and poke them in the shoulder then quickly dashed away to find a spot where all three of them were in his line of sight. After the red fog had finally cleared he allowed the Genjutsu he was maintaining to stop, revealing to the students his figure but ever so quickly as he had catch his line of sight with all of them and had put them into the Tsukiyomi, the Uchiha bloodline's most powerful Genjutsu.

In the genjutsu, the students were all standing nearby each other and their surroundings were completely black. Typically, the Genjutsu gave the Uchiha complete control, but Katsu had allowed movement and speech to be presented and allowed by him to the students. Approaching behind the students, he smiled at the three of them and said: "Finally we all meet face-to-face. I am glad you three are my first students that I am allowed to instruct in the Academy. It is a true honor from me." He then walked in front of them chuckling a little, before turning around and continuing his introduction to them with his bloodline's eyes clearly showing.

"I am Hatsuharu Katsu, Medical Jounin and Teacher. This is Genjutsu 101 at this ungodly hour of the night. But, relax I will make this painless and quick for you guys. See, you three are currently in the Tsukiyomi. That is my bloodline's strongest Genjutsu, but I have mastered this technique so well that I am actually able to allow you guys to freely move and talk...unlike most people with the Uchiha bloodline..." Allowing his sentence trail off and starting to ponder what to ask them, he walked around in circles for a few moments and then looked at them smiling awkwardly.

He felt so out of place and the students probably could see and feel how he felt, awkward and out of place. Sitting down, he scratched his head and said: "This Genjutsu is actually going at normal speed to us, but out of this Genjutsu...time is very slowly ticking away. I did this to not waste anymore of your time or my own. Hmm...oh yeah! You guys couldn't see me because of Invisibility which as you can tell from the name, allows me to be hidden from you guys. Also, you guys could've been harmed from the red fog that was present in the room, but I actually limited that Genjutsu known as Mist of Deceit so you guys wouldn't be harmed. Lastly, those puppets were mine and there was no Genjutsu from them...I was just 'picking' on you three to see how you would react under pressure. Haha!"

He then looked away from the students as he continued: "But before I actually teach you anymore about Genjutsu and ramble on, I want to know about you guys. So, what is your name, your age, your goals, your passions, and do you know or have any past experience with Genjutsu? Also, feel free to ask me anything else before we begin because once I begin talking again....you guys will just need to listen and take notes mentally or physically because I am giving you the whole lesson with no interruptions." By this time, he turned back to the students smiling and said: "So, who wants to go first?"

[Notes: These Genjutsu don't do all these effects obviously, I am doing it for RP flavor for us. Also, if you want to see Katsu's eyes...it is in the spoiler but be warned...it is huge o.o
MFT: 644]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Taking the brief moment of hesitation in the others, Sabaku stepped forward and began to speak.

My name is Sabaku sir. He said with a calm but firm voice.
I am 10 years old and I am to be one of the strongest shiniboi in all of Iwa! I strive to never be late and my word is my bond. If say it is to be done or is to be true than it is so. He exclaimed with ferocity in his voice.

Passions...what am I passionate about? He thought to himself.

As for my passions sir...I suppose that I am passionate about friendship and what it means to be a good friend. I intend to be there for everyone that needs me. I am passionate about honor, Never will I back down from a fight because I am to scared. Though don't mistake me for a fool, I will know whether the battle will bear fruit or now. I'll not go rushing blindly into a fight I cannot win. Sabaku added, again with a fire in his voice.

What else, what else?! He wondered frantically.

I also enjoy going fast I guess...He lamely added, unsure of what else there was to add.

I Aim to become the strongest by being the fastest, for I believe that having supreme strength doesn't technically make you the strongest. What good does all that power do if you cant hit your target? He remarked with a smile on his face.

Is there anything else that you require of me as far as information goes sir?

[OoC WC: 265 - MFT]

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The puppets retreated and the fog cleared with their summoner still a mystery. Creepy, yet pretty impressive. He didn't think a fight was imminent, as the other boy seemed to think but the whole situation still left him on edge. It feels like a fog has lifted and I can finally see, he said sarcastically. Then he received a poke from an unknown assailant causing him to spin in the offending direction but seeing noone there but his fellow students. Well, someone's screwing with us, understatement of the year. The rest of the mist cleared and Kei could finally see what must be the perpetrator, there was something strange about his eyes...

The surroundings shifted to black and Kei had no idea how he'd gotten there. Another genjutsu? But when had it been cast? Kei couldn't remember and mentally kicked himself for falling into the illusions so easily. The caster appeared behind the three students and Kei turned to face the man who introduced himself as their instructor before explaining that they were his first group of students. Well, that almost explained the odd methods. Maybe this teacher just believed in learning through firsthand experience?

Hatsuhara Katsu, he was a jounin. No wonder his illusions snared Kei so easily. he called the jutsu he was currently using the tsukiyomi and said it was part of his bloodline, the powers of the Uchiha clan certainly seemed formidable. Maybe this guy could knew something about Kei's own strange bloodline powers? As their teacher explained exactly what he'd put them through, Kei started to realize just how versatile the illusions of the Mind Art could be. This was definitely shaping up to be a class that'd definitely keep him interested but first their teacher wanted to know a little more about his students. Great, one thing Kei was particularly bad at doing was talking about himself.

Kei looked around to his fellow students, hoping one of them would step up so he didn't have to. Thankfully the other male student started to speak.He was an interesting kid, claiming to be one of the strongest shinobi in the village despite his apparent youth. Kei wondered how the kid would stack up if the two of them were to fight. Other than that he didn't much know what to think, he seemed genuine if not a bit loud-mouthed.

When Sabaku finished Kei sighed, he figured he might as well go next just to get it over with. Hoshokurai Kei, age 13. He introduced himself before hesitating. Goals and passions? Not the kind of thing he was used to talking about. He shrugged, I suppose my goals are to be a strong and successful shinobi. It's our job to pick up where the previous generation leaves off and protect this village at any cost. It's important to do everything I can to prepare for that responsibility. As for passions? There's not much to say, I enjoy taijutsu and swimming. I spend most of my time training. He left out painting and drawing, that was his secret and not something he was ready to share with anyone. That's about it. He looked to Kimi, knowing it was her turn next.

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let go of my hand
Is it time to go?
Kimi
Kimi slid across the room until she was standing beside the location
Kei's voice seemed to originate from. Just as she found him, the mist started
to fade. As it cleared, she saw her two fellow students, but there was still no
sign of a teach- a sound. Footsteps. They were originating from...behind.
And getting closer. She watched the other two students react to something,
presumably whoever was sneaking around was doing something to them.
Just as Kei spun in place, Kimi moved as well. She wasn't much liking the idea of
being bumped by some unknown assailant. Stepping forward and to the side,
Kimi hoped she would avoid whatever they were planning. Unfortunately, whether
due to being not quite fast enough, or the other having incredibly good
instincts, she could still feel the brush of a finger against her outside arm.
Seemed she hadn't moved quite far enough out of the way to avoid the action.
Disappointed with herself, she sighed. The mist cleared completely, and a figure
revealed itself.

She looked at the person, wondering what exactly they were doing with this class.
The world around her turned black, and she blinked in surprise. That was new. The
figure then introduced himself, calling himself their teacher. Everything they
had just experienced was examples of Genjutsu. Kimi couldn't help but seem even
more interested after that. All the things you could do with the illusion jutsu really
appealed to her. She was sort of starting to like the way the teacher worked. Then he
asked about them, and it ruined it a little. Hesitating a few moments, her fellow
classmate took up the lead. Sabaku. That was the name of the other student. She
glanced at him, and gave a small smile in way of greeting. When the overly confident
student finished his introduction, Kei stepped up to add his info to the list. After they
were finished, Kimi took her turn. "And I'm Kimi. A 12 year old musician with a distaste
for glasses."
she pulled them out of her violin case as if to emphasize the point. "I just want
to be able to protect my friends and family....and make them proud."
she shrugged as
if it really wasn't important. She then looked to him. "I think that's it."
But we are strong
We'll get through this
The earth will open up
And try to pull us in

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting and listening, Katsu had gotten what he was seeking, their names, along with the other information that was useless to him honestly. He wanted to make sure the names of the students matched the list that he was given prior to his class. The other information was not necessary, but it never would hurt to have some more intel on the students without having to seek the ANBU or go through records. The order that the three went were Sabaku, Kei, and Kimi and each had very different passions from one another which was good overall. But, none of that really mattered as it was time for the lesson, but prior to speaking about the lesson he decided it would be good to address them. Smiling still, he said: "It's nice to finally know your names and more about you. Thank you for that! I also have no further information I seek. As for myself, you will learn more about me as you see me around. I am sure I won't be a stranger to you all...I hope haha"

He then closed his eyes and cracked his knuckles before continuing. "Let's begin our lesson. There are four types of Genjutsu in our world that we know of and each one targets a different sense. Our four senses are Kinetic, Audial, Visual, and Will. A Kinetic Genjutsu is one that affects the mind's perception and control over touch. An Audial Genjutsu is one that affects the mind's perception and control over hearing. A Visual Genjutsu affects the mind's perception and control over sights. Lastly, a Will Genjutsu affects the mind's perception and control over the mind. Yes, I know...it is some very technical and scary stuff. I will let that soak in before I go on."

Taking a breath, he paced back and forth for what seemed like minutes but was mere seconds in reality before continuing his lecture on Genjutsu. "The next thing you should know is that there are two types of Genjutsu. They are buffing and debuffing. You three aren't dumb so I know you know what those two words mean but buffering helps out the target affected while debuffing does not help out the target. The three Genjutsu I used on you were all debuffing because it affected your senses. However, again I was being nice and not giving you the whole effect because many of those jutsu are too powerful on a student. If any of you would've had to endure the real effects, I am sorry to say but you'd be out or in shock. I was looking out for you."

The Uchiha was almost done with his lecture, but he took another breath and looked around at the darkness that he had created...it was beautiful like his girlfriend...too bad he had to take the evening shift this week for classes. If he didn't have to, he would have been with her for a nice romantic dinner at a restaurant in the Village. But alas, this week would not be the week for that. Oh well. Focusing back at the students, he said: "Before any of you jump to conclusions or have questions, I would like to say a few more things. Pertaining to the types, you can target anyone on the battlefield with the Genjutsu including a teammate. I would just advise to be careful with Genjutsu, because it is a double-sided blade. It can help in a fight, but if you use it incorrectly you are going to waste a lot of chakra and screw yourself over. My last little thing you should know is that there are many Genjutsu that you will face throughout your life. Some are blood-related like my Tsukiyomi, some are natural talents, and then some are simply ones that anyone will be able to do if they put their mind to it. But, that doesn't mean that there aren't other Genjutsu out there that we don't know about. I am sure there are."

Stretching and yawning, he was done with his lecture. Now, all that was left was their questions and concerns and then they could all head home and get some sleep. "That is everything I know about Genjutsu. Do any of you have questions, comments or concerns?"

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Listening to the sensei speak seemed almost unbelievable. Sabaku never knew that genjutsu could hold this much power over somebody. It was indeed a force to be reckoned with. Listening to Katsu explain about the different types of genjutsu was very helpful. So many new things to learn. Sabaku recalled what the sensei had said before about taking notes,

How can we take notes if we aren't really here? He then wondered to himself.

Making sure to pay close attention to what he said, mostly because of the fact he would have to try and remember everything he said, for he had no paper to write with in this dimensional space. Hearing what Katsu said about his genjutsus being powered down frightened him, he never knew anyone could be that strong. Sabaku's parents were strong fighters but this guy seemed to be on a whole other level. Perhaps his earlier statement would be true, the one about them not being strangers. Sabaku felt like he could learn a lot from this teacher.

The Kinetic buffing genjutsu seems very interesting to Sabaku because of him being a melee type fighter... perhaps these buffing genjutsus could help him fight better? He wasn't very sure so he decided to ask about it.

Excuse me sir. I have a few questions. The kinetic Genjutsu... is that something that we might be able to utilize for ourselves? I mean to say the buffing one of course. How might one go about using that to better your fighting capabilities?

Also, This all seems very strong, how could anyone hope to combat somebody like you? I mean, fighting against genjutsu. It just seems so strong to be able to affect all of our senses like this.

Sabaku glances at the other students to see if they had something to add.

[OoC WC: 303]

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kei listened attentively as the instructor spoke. He went over each type of genjutsu and explained it's effects on the body. It certainly seemed a force to be reckoned with. There also seemed to be a certain amount of finesse involved, as with any of the ninja arts. From the sound of it the benefits of having a genjutsu-user on your side far outweighed the risks. Kei absorbed what the strange teacher said, mulling it over. It was a lot to process especially when he took into consideration the fact that the powerful illusions that had affected Kei were mere muted down versions of their true strength. Kei couldn't quite believe that the risks weren't higher for such a potent ability. How was an opposing shinobi supposed to combat you if you could completely mess with their senses? Kei continued to silently ponder the subject as the instructor stopped to take questions. Sabaku had questions about using genjutsu to improve one's own fighting ability, that was an interesting concept especially considering that the instructor already spoke of beneficial illusions. Kei had figured it would only be things to make you feel less pain or that sort of thing, but maybe there was more to it? Still, there was something more important on Kei's mind.

"How does genjutsu actually work? I mean, taijutsu works by channeling your chakra to enhance your physical actions and abilities and ninjutsu works by using your chakra to alter the world around you through alteration of manifestation, so how does genjutsu fit in? How do you make someone see the illusions and how would someone fight a genjutsu user? The illusions seem so powerful, like Sabaku-san asked, how do you break them?"

He figured the answer to his questions were somehow connected. If you understood how something worked then you could stop it from working right?

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Let go of my hand
Is it time to go?
Kimi
So this was the sort of thing Genjutsu could do. She had heard the word said a few times,
but never really knew what it meant. She couldn't have ever comprehended
that it would be something so awesome! She flicked her bangs out of her vision,
looking around. She squinted, trying to find some way to get past the jutsu. It was
strange to her how easily everything seemed to believe the jutsu was reality. It seemed like
the sort of thing she could be really good at. It appealed to her, the idea of manipulating
the enemy's senses through jutsu. She knew she shouldn't get too attached to the idea, she had
absolutely no idea what sorts of things she'd be skilled at yet, but she was becoming
rather fond of what Genjutsu could accomplish. A question rose to her mind, but her fellow
classmate asked it first. How does it work? A second question came to mind. How do you actually
use it, or even better, "How would you learn it?" she muttered, almost
too quiet to be heard.​
But we are strong
We'll get through this
The earth will open up
And try to pull us in

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Waiting patiently, he listened to each students' individual questions before deciding to respond to them all. To his surprise, the students were more intrigued and interested in the topic than he had originally thought they would be considering most students just went through the motions when they went to class so they had the knowledge and could move on with their lives. But, it was good to know these students actually did care about their schooling. Also to his surprise, the students all addressed their questions in the same order that they introduced themselves to him which was just somewhat chuckling to him. However, chuckling to himself would need to wait as the students were probably ready to almost leave and the teacher's eyes were starting to put strain on him because of maintaining the Genjutsu.

Looking at Sabaku first, he said: "Well Sabaku, any buffering jutsu cannot be used on one's self since Genjutsu requires to bodies. What I mean by that is that Person A's chakra is molded to manipulate the chakra system of Person B into believing other things...so no you cannot use kinetic or any Genjutsu for that matter on yourself. However, you could use it on an ally in a fight which would actually be very beneficial in the long run. Also, another tip for buffering I would say is have a team that can all use buffering Genjutsu to help each other's abilities and whatnot. But remember, it affects the body...it isn't a permanent change. I hope that clears up your confusion, Sabaku. But to sum it up, you use buffering Genjutsu typically with allies to help them get a boost mentally and psychologically, it is not physical nor is it permanent. Also, it is extremely hard to fight Genjutsu but there are ways to fight it. One way is to be gifted with a bloodline or an ability to sense it and then counter it. Another way that is more usual for shinobi is the Cancel jutsu which can cancel the Genjutsu and its effects on you or an ally. That is also another jutsu I would make sure you guys learn before you are too old."

Looking next at Kei, he addressed him: "That's a very good question, Kei. Let me see if this can clarify your confusion. Where Ninjutsu is a matter of using the chakra within our bodies to enhance the effects of our techniques, Taijutsu depends on one's physical capacities of their bodies to maximize its potential. Genjutsu is a different matter. Genjutsu depends entirely on a clash of your own willpower, against that of an enemy. Still there is a vital weakness within the use of Genjutsu, anyone know what it is? Let me give you it. You need to be able to see your opponent. Enemies in stealth can't be targeted by Genjutsu and with that only shinobi and pets can be influenced by Genjutsu. My puppets that you all felt cannot nor can a jutsu. Certain clones can and cannot but we can save that for another day. As for how someone see the illusions, you just have to really overpower your opponent's willpower as I stated...which can be easily done at your age and level, but it is stronger against a Jounin. As for how to break them, I gave you that answer with Sabaku's questions. But, let me say one more thing...if you manage to discover you are under a Genjutsu...the effects will not affect you."

Lastly turning to Kimi, he smiled and said: "You are the odd one out of you three. The other two ask me how to deal with it and you ask how to learn it, haha. The way to learn Genjutsu is to be tutored or taught by a higher-level shinobi in the village or go to the Library and do some research on it. Either way you will learn the handseals for the jutsu and then practice makes perfect like your violin playing, right? That was a beautiful selection you were playing and I would love to hear more sometime. But, you need to remember like the others that you must mold your chakra to manipulate the chakra system of your opponent.

He then turned to the entire class and said: "By the way class, I am always open to teaching you some Genjutsu or testing your ability to withstand it. But for now, it is time I let you out of this darkness and back into the classroom."

Staring at the three, the illusion world vanished around them and was replaced with the classroom that they all originally entered. The sun had gone down and the room was lit with candles near the front near the puppets. Katsu was in some intense pain for maintaining his bloodline's most powerful Genjutsu as he winced in pain and held his eyes with his hand. He tried to smile but a smile didn't appear on his face...he moved one hand to point to the door with his eyes still closed. "If you guys have any further questions, don't hesitate to find me. I stick out like a sore thumb in this village with my scars and facial hair, haha. Class dismissed, enjoy your night. See you guys around."

[OOC:
You have all passed your Genjutsu Class! Congrats!
Topic Left after you three post unless stopped
MFT: 885 Words]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Taking in all that the teacher had to say, Sabaku nodded along the entire time. Making it known that he was indeed paying attention. Shortly thereafter He dissolved his genjutsu and in a flash they were all back in the classroom, which was now lighted with candles all of a sudden... strange, perhaps sensei had a hot date?
Either way class and come to a conclusion and Sabaku couldn't wait to tell his parents all about what he had learned today... erm... tonight i guess.
Saying his goodbyes to his fellow students and teacher he walked out of the classroom feeling more confidant about his capabilities as a shinobi of Iwa...

[OoC WC:111 leaving topic unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back