Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Welcoming Party - [Open]

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Grand Palais, a marvel of modern architecture for Wind Country, much like the rest of Sunagakure. However this place was one Nori had spent a lot of his younger years in, wandering the streets, talking to merchants, visiting even the more seedy district. Some might have called him a hoodlum for poking his nose into as many places as he did, but he was simply looking for answers to questions he had; most of which were out of his own curiosity than anything else. There wasn't a grand goal or master plan he wished to discover, just an understanding of how things worked. How people went about their lives, how some performed their jobs, how the village all functioned together in a harmonious, but sometimes chaotic machine. This thirst is what led him to want to travel, to leave and discover what the rest of the world contained, how other places worked, how people did their jobs there. He returned to Sunagakure with a wealth of experience and knowledge, able to do things he hadn't ever dreamed of before.

Nori had stopped in with his parents, choosing to leave his heavy travel pack there until he found a new place to take residence -of which would have to be soon or else he would drive his parents crazy with his tinkering- and left to reacquainted with the village he once called home. Considering he didn't wait long, he was still covered in dust and dirt, smelling of sweat and earth from recently coming off of the surface. His platinum blonde hair was a bit messy and hung loosely in his eyes, but it managed to hold something considered acceptable. His traveling attire was stained, and was more a beige color now, his pants not so much showing any wear thanks to their darker color. However, hidden partially by his cloak was his armor. A golden color by nature, it was covered in dust too from the last leg of his journey out in the sands. - Reference

From a small flask he carried on him, he sipped, each time a small grimace crossing his features. Nori wasn't what one would consider a heavy drinker, but this particular beverage had grown on him during his stay in the mountains north of Wind Country. One of his colleagues there compared it to the oil used to lubricate their clockwork gear mechanisms, which always elicited a laugh from Nori whenever he drank it. The after taste and the way it calmed his mind is what he loved about it most. When thoughts begin bouncing around at a chaotic rate, it becomes difficult to focus. Being home after all of this time had made him start wondering too much. That and the after-taste was like sweet jasmine tea; so he enjoyed that too.

As his path started to guide him towards the less friendly part of the Palais, he paid the occasional glare no mind, and politely declined a few women for "dates". There was a particular shop he wished to visit that he had gotten his first roots in metal-working from. An elderly man by the name of Dosu had been one of the few to humor the younger Nori with his insatiable appetite for knowledge. The thing that was a problem was that the shop was located next to a rather rowdy bar, with some of the patrons the smith made friends with, but half of them were just loud, rowdy, and willing to hassle the older gentleman working the next door over for kicks. The shop was small, denoted by a small dark red banner hanging outside with a hammer and wrench crossed over one another. While Dosu would never be known for anything great in his lifetime, it could at least be said he loved his craft. The front door was cracked and had metal patches in places that was holding it together. Pushing in slowly, the door creaked loudly to announce his entrance.

"Listen, if you're hear to cause more trouble, I won't have it!" An older man's voice announced, it resonating from somewhere in the back of the store.

"Don't worry too much, old man."<i></i>

It remained silent for a moment, the sound of rustling as the old man made his way to the front of the store to confirm his suspicions. A smile graced his crinkled features as he approached Nori with arms spread wide, "Ri-kun! You're back! We must catch up!"

As he exclaimed this, the door swung open with a loud BANG as it slammed into the wall, a large man standing in the portal. Judging by his attire, half-slacked visage, and bottle in his hand, he was a drunk from next door looking for trouble.

"Ey, Dooooz. What'ere tink yur doin'? Yer 'aint ahlowed people in ere!"

Nori simply looked at the shop around him, taking in all the damage that had been patched over the years since his leaving, and looked back to Dosu who nodded. Nori turned around, placing his flask back on its place on his belt and sized up the man before him. Large, brutish, normally something to be afraid of if this were a normal village and Nori was just a normal man of science and engineering.

But he wasn't.

"Lets take this outside."<i></i>

Right as the man started to object, he was met with a boot to his stomach and sent flying from the premise and into the wall adjacent to the storefront. Following his target, he closed the door behind him and walked up to where the stunned drunk was collapsed, "It wasn't up for debate. Besides, it's best that you don't continue to speak. I feel you imbecilic nature will only spread the more you talk."<i></i> Normally, that kick would have put most people down, but Nori guessed the liquor in this giants system was helping ease the pain from the attack as the brute got to his feet, shattered bottle poised as a weapon.

"Okay, I was going to play nice."<i></i> On the tip of Nori's right index finger a small perfectly white flame came to life. Gingerly he placed it to the bottle and it melted instantly, drips of hot glass hitting the ground, but most of it covering the man's hand. This he felt and he began screaming in pain, trying to grab at the substance burning him, but as soon as it heated up it began to solidify and break into tiny slivers of glass. Soon it was mixture of powdered glass and blood, "I suggest you go find someone to take care of that before it gets any worse. Go along now, shoo."<i></i>

Others of a similar brutish nature had come from outside the bar, watching the brief spectacle and decided against trying to help once they grasped it was a shinobi who was defending the old man's shop next door. Nori turned on his heel and gazed at them, his piercing blue eyes filled with a mirth that seemed almost sadistic given the circumstance. Nonchalantly, he waved, removed his flask from his belt and took a swig, still flinching from the taste.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
An unnaturally red eyebrow raised on the brow of a girl whose perception was far more honed than it should've been after as many drinks as she's had. The girl stood up, her feet hitting the floor a mere second after her ears caught the clash from outside. Commotion followed her reaction, but she was already to the door before most of the slovenly, tired men at the bar had even gotten to their feet. Bijou emerged from the doorway, her shirt hanging from her shoulder, revealing half of her bandage-wrapped chest, just in time to see one of the less reserved and more aggressive local drunks hit the floor in front of a calm and collected intellectual type.
"Not bad for a brainiac." She said, just loud enough that he'd be able to hear the compliment if his senses were as honed as hers, before a mischievous smile adorned her face. "Bar Fiiiight!!!" She yelled, flinging her drink at one of the downed drunk's inebriated buddies, throwing her shirt off her shoulders and taking her iron-wrought walking rod from her back to her hands. Those words were all it took for the scene to erupt into chaos. She looked into Nori's eyes once more with a grin before swinging her staff wildly, slipping between brawling brutes, and disappearing into the maddening commotion. Bijou couldn't help but get excited as she wondered how this stranger would carry himself now that things had escalated. This was going to be fun.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The voice was not lost on Nori, but he paid it as much mind as he did the drunk he just dispatched. The flask reached his belt just in time for the riot to break out. He spotted Dosu peeking out from behind his patchwork door and immediately raced over to close it.

"Stay inside!"<i></i>

From somewhere within his cloak, he pulled out a long metallic chain. Upon the links appeared to be smaller divets, making it seem like something much more than just the average chain. Lashing it out, he spread it across the length of the Dosu's storefront and with a bright flash of chakra, he pressed his hands unto the long device and a wall of blinding light shot upward, vanishing into the artificial light above them. Rapping his knuckles against the barrier to make sure it was stable, he was pleased enough that he turned to face the brawl of ruffians nearby. Instantly his brain picked apart the fight. It was easy to identity the flow of combat, much like how electricity travels along an established grid. The invoker was a woman with bright red hair, someone who was enjoying wailing on the other inebriants who clearly weren't as sharp as she was. Even if she had been drinking, it was clear her talent was within the combat-filled, adrenaline-fueled arena of battle. A warrior if he had ever seen one.

With one quick yank, he discarded the cloak concealing his armor and moved his joints in their sockets to loosen himself up. Using any of his techniques would be too brutal on these louse-filled lowlifes, but it didn't mean he couldn't have some fun with them. Charging headlong into the fight, he rose his fist for the first strike and watched as people rubbed their eyes as he split into seven. As these copies were struck, they vanished but were soon replaced with a very real fist or high-sweeping kick. Normally he would prefer some swordplay, but since he neither was carrying one nor wished to kill anyone, the blunt instruments that were his fist and feet would suffice to teach this lot a lesson in manners.

As each dropped for good, he was counting out loud for his own pleasure, "....4......5........6"<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Wind whooshed whispers of war, behind Bijou's big bo staff, that were drowned out by the exhalations of exhausted opponents at its end. Encircled, she held 'em off, waving her walking wand whenever they waded too close. A ring of unconscious drunken brawlers around her anything-but-graceful flailing proved its functionality despite its lack of aesthetic appeal.

It did have a charm of its own though... her style. She'd dip to the ground, barely propping herself on her walking stick as she evaded a horizontally swung chair, before swirling, kicking dirt in her aggressors faces, taking a swig of her drink, and twisting to blunt one in the forehead with the sheathed hilt of the longer of her two blades. It all flowed together, but was blunt and brutal and looked almost unintentional, like the violent swishing of liquid in the bottle hanging from the ring on her iron-wrought staff.
"C'monnnn~! Can't any of you do better than that?!" Bijou outburst with a laugh and a grin, her unkempt hair whipping around as she shook her head. As though on cue, several more, maybe five or six men, encircled her. "Aww, gangin' up is against the rules!" She blurted belligerently with near-incohesion as she slammed her staff against the skull of a sweaty would-be-assaulter, jumping onto his shoulders as he fell and over the ring of men before dashing down an alley ahead of their pursuit.

The front of the bar was far more quiet now that the loud girl had fled along with her attackers, leaving the far more quiet tinker and a pile of unconscious drunks decorating the scene of destruction.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed almost as if fluid motion as Nori weaved in and out of tiny gaps created by the shuffling men brawling. Elegance was something often left to the wayside on battlefields, but precision often brought with it a dance of dainty steps and close-call decisions. Being so far gone from their drunken binge-drinking had it so they were essentially fighting themselves and Nori's shadows more than they actually were him. In the glow of the lightning-chakra fueled light, it seemed a topsy-turvy ballet with its dancers finishing with a great fall at the end of each of their parts. There were times Nori had to mindfully step under the staff-weapon he knew the woman to be wielding, but gave it no mind as it wasn't aiming at it; the nature of the weapon just made it wide-arcing.

As the excitement died down, Nori finished his count.

"22...Not bad...but she's ahead of me by 4 still."<i></i>

The cerulean gaze of the tinkerer watched as she vanished down an alley, taking all the excitement with her. While she seemed capable enough on her own, it was polite to make sure the young lady didn't get in over her head, fight-junkie or not. A slight shift in the slightly dirty road and he was sudden upon the walls of the alley giving chase. He bounced back and forth like a predator tracking its prey. Below him were the remaining ruffians pursuing the fiery redhead. Coiled around the palm of his right hand was a thin wire, weight on either end. A device he had become fond of for disabling people. A bola it was called, something he learned how to create from a hunter in a small village far to the west. While it's purpose was originally for taking down large animals, it would work just as well on big idiots.

As she fled, a few would drop from the back of the group, the chakra-attuned ninja keeping pace just above the group.

"24~"<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Tap tap tap.Tap tap.Tap tap tap tap.Tap tap. 'I count five...' Thud-Thud~. Scuffle-scuffle-scuffle skid. 'Silence?'

The unknown Nanjirou knew something was off. She'd planned to run them halfway around town, til they threw up from the spins, exhaustion, or some combination therein, but her pursuers had stopped short. She could hear as much before even looking back. Turning around she saw two of the men chasing her on the ground, bound by a bola. Dust still surrounded the other two of her pursuers, who had skidded to a stop looking at her, at their friends, then back at her in fear before bolting down a side-road.
"Hey! Come back! I wasn't done with you!" She yelled before looking down at her hand. She had two fingers already extended as she glanced at the two men that fell, then raised two more as she seemed to count the two men that fled. Holding four fingers up. The drunken kenjutsu master laughed with pure, incorruptible, thrilled joy before calling out mockingly, "That's only four! Where are you number five!?"

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He observed from his perch on the side of the building as the remaining two attackers bolted after seeing that their comrades had been downed by an unseen force. Some adrenaline probably helped clear away the drunken haze and allowed them to see the error of their ways, or at least that was the hope of an intellect. Or they were cowards coming down from their buzz. Both were equally feasible assumptions. However it seemed his intervention had upset the staff-wielding fight-monger and she sought further engagement from someone more. By his count she was off by one, unless she had managed to include him in her tally, which only further solidified her training as not only a warrior but as a shinobi. Intrigue peaking, he stowed away his handheld gadget and fell from above. The substance that blew away from him seemed like blue dust, as it carried in the air the effortlessly. It was often enough he found that he injected chakra into the area, sometimes adding a soft blue streak to simple motions he made or in this case, a unwanted flashy landing.

"Number five, present and accounted for."<i></i> He gave a wave, a smile gracing his features. A laugh escaped his lips as he scratched at the scar over his left eyes, a habit similar to tapping one's chin for Nori, "Although, I must ask that you don't beat me. From the looks of our acquaintances back there, that staff hurts an awful lot."<i></i>

Nori was an interesting sort in that he was an intellect but it was clear by the marks on his body and the armor he wore that he was a fighter, in a literal and metaphorical sense. Scientists had to be or else they would give up too easily on a seemingly impossible task and that made them poor innovators.

"Although, I am upset those two ran off....You were ahead of me by two and that would have evened us out."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
She had expected him to come at her, but didn't take much retrospective analysis for her to realize that he was different... and probably not drunk. "Be quiet!!! We can't just sit 'round hurr grabassin' and makin' 'quaintesses! The 'thorities will be here in no time!" Bijou's words were contradictory to their delivery as she yelled in the skilled stranger's face before grabbing him by the collar, running down another corridor and throwing him and herself under an unassuming stilt-lifted residence. "Hurr it isz~." She said, mostly to herself, half burping as she wiped away the sand beneath one of the buildings to reveal a loose stone slab.

The odd drunk knocked on the stone, put her ear to the ground, then jumped up and smiled, her thumb mimicking her head as she thrust it forward into Nori's face. "Home sweet home." She said, sarcastically feigning pride as she slid the slab away to reveal a dark tunnel with a ladder leading down. "Come on in." She blurted, reaching for the ladder... and missing. All that could be seen was her pale feet disappearing down into the darkness and a loud clash that sounded like the effect they use in movies when the overflowing closet finally is opened to reveal an avalanche. Bijou was a mess. One could only imagine what anywhere she called home would be like.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Now that he was up close, it was easy enough to tell that she too was one of the drunken brutes from the bar. Was it luck that she decided that he wasn't worth fighting to seek more of a fight or was it just that she was actually sharp enough to realize there was a kinship through shinobihood. Nori guessed he would never know. The smell of liquor on her was heavy. It reminded him of the drunk that used to hassle his family when he was a kid. It was unpleasant to say the least.

Before he knew it, he was being dragged down a dark road after some near incomprehensible speech managed to spill forth from the female brawler. Home? Nori could only imagine what kind of place a drunkard like this lived in. The fact it was tucked away underneath the home of another, deeper within the earth than Suna already was made his mind race with all kind of possibilities. Watching her tumble and vanish into the darkness, he half-rolled his eyes at the spectacle. Graceful<i></i>, he thought. Holding an open palm skyward, a small sphere of pure energy blinked to life, illuminating the dark tunnel.

Was he to find a quaint home kept by the lunatic drunk or was it more likely a cellar to store her dead bodies and illegal vices.

Either way...<i></i> He mused, and descended the ladder, going rung after rung until he saw the bottom, sliding the remaining distance, felt landing softly despite the metallic boots.

Eyes cast around, he took in his surrounding, "Home sweet home, indeed."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Disheveled was an understatement... Speaking of both Bijou and her "home" of course, though few would call it worthy of the title home. In reality, it was a hole in the ground, approximately fifteen by ten feet in size, its only contents were several sacks strung together forming "pillows" filled with what looked like cut up cardboard boxes, no doubt from the countless unpackaged and empty bottles of alcohol strewn across the barely visible floor and piled up to unthinkable [and disgusting] heights atop the barely emerging arm and legs of the messy woman.
The sound emerging from beneath the pile of bottles was inaudible despite its volume. "Hrreyy! Grt mr rrt rf hrrr!" Bijou yelled, struggling to drunkenly dig herself out of the pile of bottles that had entangled her upon entry. One could only hope this tinkerer was the compassionate and gracious type, because that's the only type that would tolerate this ridiculous display of irresponsibility.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The chakra-generated light revealed a sea of glimmering glass bottles. It was reminiscent to the ocean far to the east that he had spent time sailing on. That sea brought with it the smell of seaweed and crisp ocean air, the taste of salt on the tongue. This hole was like walking into a pit of rotting fruit, the various remnants of distilled liquids combining to create a sour, almost bitter taste in the air. Nori was not at home, but it was the perfect place for someone who chose to swim in booze.

The sound of hollow clinking bottles drew Nori to watch the women battle to free herself, but in her current state of inebriation she was having a difficult time. Using the light from his palm, he guided himself through the mess, using his boots to push aside the discarded alcohol phials, "Mother Suna, come on."</COLOR><i></i>

Dipping his hand into the mound before him like a fish hook into a pond of hungry fish, he found purchase, taking hold of her wrist and hauled the trapped Bijou free. Pulling the drunk up was mostly dead weight, including the addition of the heavy walking staff she had been carrying. Small stains dotted her clothes were dripping containers had brushed against her and made her seem even more bedraggled, "I like what you've done with the place." Supporting her until she found the need to stand upright, he reached behind him and produced a skin of water, presenting it to his fellow fighter, <COLOR color="maroon">"Try a little water before the next drink, eh?"<i></i>

Perhaps he was a kind soul.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Her soaked shirt hanging around her waist, the sloppy swordslinger plopped down with her knees together and ankles at her sides after Nori helped her out of her 'predicament'. The girl was too drunk to notice the sarcastic remark about her hideout hole, but she heard someone say something like "stop drinking" and it triggered the same reaction it always did.
"What'sh it ta you what I drink!?" Bijou blurted in an inebriated outburst. "I kin handerl ma licker!!" The drunken swordswoman added in a sassy tone. Her voice was raspy in a way that might've been sexy if she wasn't so overly loud and obnoxious and didn't talk like a drunken idiot. Still, she yelled as always, swirling as she tried to stand up and lunge towards Nori, but inevitably ending up on the ground... Floored again~.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A full-blown roll of the eyes followed this time. What did a person have to drown themselves in this much liquor to forget? What would drive someone so fiercely to always be in a state of embarrassing stupor such as the down Nanjirou before Nori? He didn't know. The bottles littering the floor spoke of a person who never knew a sober minute in their day. Her attitude spoke very much the same about her. The intrigue Nori had for her was not sympathy, but simply his all-consuming curiosity wanting to know the Why behind he actions. What was the cause to have this effect?

Upon inspection, it was clear that she was attractive. Toned, striking features, burning red hair, but it was all impossible to appreciate with the overwhelming drunkenness that was becoming a prevalent personality trait for her. The volume was raised once more, another habit he was noticing, and this time he placed a palm to his forehead as she collapsed to the floor once again, bottles clattering about as her form made a space on the floor once more. Underneath the exasperation was a soft grin, white teeth shone brighter thanks to his light.

"Let me help you,"<i></i> the waterskin found it's way back onto his belt, and he hefted the girl back to her feet, settling her on one of the ladder rungs, making sure her feet stayed on the lowest rung. Hand searching his person once more, he produced the flask he had been sipping from earlier and handed it to her with the cap unscrewed. The container was made of metal, matte and dull in the chakra light, but on one side was a cog impressed into the side. Curved on the underside of that was an inscription that read, For a Brighter Tomorrow.

"Here, it's strong, take small sips or it'll make you gag."<i></i>

Hopes were that would keep her busy, he turned around to face the small mountains of bottle that composed the whole of her hideaway. Performing a string of different seals in either hand, he produced two balls of brighter white chakra. One looked to be fire, dancing and spit wispy embers. The other wavered and moved with Nori's movement. Water. As if setting a bird free, he tossed the ball of white fire free and watched as it floated down towards the ground, like a feather caught in a breeze. Suddenly the room grew hot, and a flash of light emanated as the last few drops of alcohol hiding away in the numerous bottles ignited, flame consuming the entity of the room. The tinkerer's eyes remained completely focused, but it surely would be hard to see for the drunken swordswoman in that instant. As it dimmed down, it revealed a bright, white floor of molten glass; all traces of labels being incinerated to atoms. Now he tossed the second orb unto the floor, and it spread out instantly, a loud hiss overcoming their ears. As the slight mist receded, it revealed a floor of multiple colors. Brown, greens, and whites similar to a stained glass window.

Tapping a foot against it, he seemed satisfied. At least now she could lie down and pass out somewhere semi-comfortable.

Most importantly, it also cleaned the air, drastically cutting the horrid smell from earlier.

"I apologize for earlier. I think this adds a little charm to the place!"<i></i> he exclaimed, hoping that the brandy he would normally drink to help clear his mind, would aid in returning a little bit of intelligence to the young lady so as to not at least be so unruly.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
A cloud of alcoholic mist expelled from the mouth of a surprised Bijou was the result of the polite young man's offer of his brandy to her. "What're you tryin' to do!? Poison me!?" The drunk girl exclaimed, her speech seeming a little better than it did minutes before.

Bijou hated brandy. In fact, she hated every liquor other than saki and her special blend of moonishine, but he couldn't know that. She didn't care if he was innocent or not, though. "That shit is disgusting duuude..." At the end of her sentence, she dozed off into a drunken zoned-out state, not awaking until he had completely changed her unseemly hovel into a beautiful collage of transformed glass.
"Whoooooaahhh...." The sobering Nanjirou took a sip from her sake jug before even inquiring about the changes. "How... How did... How'd'ja do that?!" She was amazed with the difference in the home she affectionately thought of as 'That place I wake up hung over.'<i></i> Slightly ashamed of the way she had acted to someone who had, after knowing her such a short time, improved her life in this village without a second thought, she hung her head and said softly, "Thanks..."

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A laugh echoed off of the bare walls at Bijou's reaction to his proffered drink. While it wasn't taken as predicted, it did have a similar desired result. Suddenly, she seemed much more lucid. In his time, he hadn't ever really come across anyone who enjoyed the fermented flower and root brandy due to the overly bitter, almost syrupy consistency of the beverage. Some people fond solace in the bottom of a bottle. Nori took pride in making changes for the better. Even if they were small and unimportant ones.

As she slumped down into alcoholic coma, Nori collected his flask and took a sip before storing it again. He winced still.

Several minutes passed before she woke up. The tinkerer choosing to take a seat on the new floor he had constructed, fiddling with a small metallic box that seemed to fold outward in several smaller blocks.

With a flourish of his hand, and a wave of his fingers, he laughed and replied, "Magic~"<i></i>

There was an understanding that came with a certain level of intelligence that when someone asked how one did something, that they didn't actually want the facts behind it. Just to be further amused. Nori's pleasant attitude and smile would be more than enough to set the situation at ease.

"You're welcome. I figured it's brighten up the place a bit."<i></i>

And for a brief moment, the brawler seemed like a lady for a split second, in a moment of innocence.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Physical grace Bijou had in bounds. Social grace, however, she lacked entirely. "So why'dja start that barfight back there!?" She blurted, barely not interrupting Nori's last sentence.

She liked this kid though. He seemed bright and good natured, not to mention he was the first person in the village to help her without her having to ask. The girl never would... Ask. She'd rather dig a hole to hide her sorrows in than ask for help. It was a good thing for her that help came anyway. The girl couldn't think of anything else to say. She sat awkwardly awaiting an answer or change of subject as she couldn't find it in her to start, much less maintain, a normal conversation.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Althought it didn't take long for the woman's charms to return to her as her raised voice asked the question the security force was probably trying to figure out. Fingers idly prodding at the cube in his hand, he stared past the object for a moment, pulling back memories of Dosu first taking him under his wing and showing him how to blow glass, work and temper metals, to bend matter and create anew. It made him smile. A fondness spread across his lips that had been absent for a large time during his travels.

"A drunk was bullying the shop-owner next door whose a friend of mine. I figured teaching him a lesson would keep him and any other away for the foreseeable future.'<i></i>

Deftly, his digits worked the cube, and if one observed it closely enough, it would quickly make one double take. The cube continued to open from its one corner, but would slowly start to fold back in on itself, reforming the cube as he shifted pieces to the opposite side. This was the first piece he had ever created and it was simply for helping him gather his thoughts when he needed a break from the world. Part of him was able to appreciate the small hole that Bijou took refuge in from time to time. Away from the rest of the world, a chance to breath before heading back out into the unorganized world. Perhaps living in it drunk was easier than trying to do what Nori did.

An abrupt laugh escaped his lips, "And how about you? Looking for some entertainment? You had quite some moves out there. Impressive considering you passed out only a few minutes later. Kudos, my dear.....errrrr. I don't think we exchanged names since our daring escape."<i></i> Pushing himself up from where he sat, he stowed the small puzzle device -which was a whole cube once more-, brushed off his hand, and extended it forward to the Nanjirou, "Tsuboi Nori, it's a pleasure."<i></i>

He smiled again. Nori smiled a lot.

Something about showing comfort and happiness allowed others to experience the same. And what was it all for but a better tomorrow?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
If a better tomorrow was what Nori was looking for, their chaos-bound vigilante 'cleanin' up the streets' that night could certainly be called a step in the right direction. Inadvertently, they'd probably done some small amount of good in this endeavor. "We taught half that block a lesson... But I've learned those that learned the lesson we school'd 'em with tonight have short memories. They'll be back. That type always is." She didn't mean to be cynical, but the things she said had a tendency to come out darker than they were supposed to.

Bijou's self-reflection got the better of her. She actually looked serene for a moment. It had to have been a shocking sight after the way she acted before, but she actually looked like a normal girl for a moment, staring down at the new glass floor with deep thought apparent in her expression. 'They never learn their lesson...' Her mind wandered. The girl was lost in the past, in a memory, oblivious to the world.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Surprisingly, he was left with his hand extended. It seemed the redhead had fallen into some deep thought, lost somewhere in her past. Ironic as that was often a trait drunks had. Always looking backwards and never to the future. Relaxing a bit, he leaned up against the wall nearest to her until she returned from her journey into her subconscious. Nori knew moments like these were important. For him they were epiphanies or grand ideas and ways to help the world. For someone whose life was nothing but finding out where her next drink came from, it could be a revelation to help her find a new path.

Or her brain had been fried from too much drinking.

Nori was never to know, but he could always remain hopeful.

Someone did.

After it seemed like she began stirring, he settled down in front of her, crouched to be eye level with her. A smile graced his features. Always with the smile.

"Ohaiyooooo~"<i></i> The greeting came out on a sing-songy note; warm and kind, "I thought I lost you there again for a second. Everything alright, stranger?"<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Shaking her head and blinking repeatedly, Bijou replied, "Yeah... I'm fine... I have the worst headache though..." The girl rubbed her head. The hangover bit like it always did. "I need a drink..." She decided, grasping for her 'special brew' hanging from her leaning walking stick and taking a long swig.
The reaction the alcohol produced was almost as accelerated as the truly astonishing rate at which Bijou processed it. "Much bedder!!" She exclaimed, returning to her 'usual' demeanor. "Oh... I'm Bijou. You kin call me Bijou~. What's yer story Brainiac? "<i></i> The drunk unknown swordswoman continued, inquiring of her visitor, whose name she'd already forgotten and replaced with the original mnemonic that stuck. The girl was strange, undoubtedly, and her personality wavered as her level of intoxication did... Regularly~.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back