Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Change Is On The Rise [MTM - Hato]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Approval

This day was the same as most other days, clear azule-hued skies, strikingly fierce heat and sand in many places you wish it wasn't. But not in the Shinku estate, that was for sure. Kaen was sure to have it cleaned nearly spotless to maintain his clean appearance, house or otherwise. Here in this lofty abode he called home is where he requested Hato meet him before heading off towards their mission. There was something he intended on giving him upon his graduation from the academy but he was called away on official business. Anbu business of course, but this mission was tied to this. He only hoped Hato would forgive him for missing such an event, perhaps someone took photographs. This bright red-wrapped gift laid atop their dining room table, a card placed just in front of it with the name "Hato" written in black ink. A secondary package was also on the table, but it had not been wrapped as he had only received it today.

Kaen, awaiting the arrival of his son was casually leaning against a nearby pillar as he gaze out one of the second story windows. He had quite the view from here, he could see most of the village from here, it was actually quite advantageous. Lost in thought he would let out an exaggerated sigh. Troubling thoughts have been weighing heavily on his mind, but that was a tale for another time. Pushing himself away from the white, marble pillar he would nonchalantly walk down the steps of the staircase leading to the prestinely clean tiled foyer below. Taking a seat on black-leathered chaise lounge and lit a cigarette. Placing his arms in a relaxed position he would sink into the soft upholstery and await the arrival of Hato.

[OOC MFT]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The boy was already late, he had been "partying" with friends till past his bed time, still it was before midnight but he was partying and for him this was super late.
Now blit had already found his way towards the second floor and Kaen, leaving a soft bark as he got closer. Even he had grown quite a bit from one of the times before they had probably meet properly. Hato was in his bed tying it up before he would quickly grab something to eat, something to drink or actually just gulping it down. Lately he had been in a fight more at school, as fighting started to be interesting for the boy more then paperwork was... Perhaps that did help with his Genin exam as he was one of the best in the field, not on paper.
As he walked inside the room, still working on his small ponytail he would look towards Blitz, who raised his head and lowered it once more on his front paws. "I know... Mornin dad." He said and would glance at the table. "You missed it the other day... I do believe there are some photo;s... at least there was a parent with Ink Jutsu making a quick portrait of the group." he commented and let his hair be once it was finished. "Sorry I was late... I enjoyed last night with my friends and we had lots of cola... But that is about it." He was rather careful to spill some details, surely when it was because they also had a mini mix drink with each other and the boy was 12... "So..." He said and would sit near his father. "How was your mission?" That was all he knew, a mission. He was curious towards his dad and what he did, but more importantly, how long he was able to stay this time.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I know... Mornin dad." Kaen would lazily tilt his head backwards to catch a glimpse of an upside-down Hato hastily tying up his hair. A faint trail of smoke slowly twisted to and fro as it wafted away from the end of his cigarette. "Morning, sleep we--." He was about to ask how he had slept last night, hoping he was well rested and prepared for today. But Hato cut him off short. "You missed it the other day." He was of course referring to his graduation ceremony. He had also missed his Genin exam. Sighing again Kaen's head would find itself back in the normal position. Reaching down he would scratch Blitz just atop his head. "I know, I'm really sorry. I wanted to come, truly." He already felt bad enough without him reminding him about it. He wished he could just tell Hato what the hell he was doing all those times but Tenken would have his head if he found out that Kaen had told his son he was Anbu. Or anyone else for that matter, not even his own sister Kasen knew what he did.

"I do believe there are some photo's, at least there was a parent with Ink Jutsu making a quick portrait of the group." Snuffing his smoke in the ashtray on the side table next to him he would lean forward and rest his arms on his knees for support. Interlacing his fingers together he would reply. "Oh... Good. I'll have to see if I can find out who it was. It'd be nice to have some pictures of you. You've grown so much since you came to Suna." Tensions were not thick, per say, but the father son relationship was becoming strained to some degree. But Kaen, the un-expereinced father he was just thought it was Hato going through some sort of adolescent mood swings. Not that he had any idea what being a kid was actually like, he was robbed of those sorts of memories. And thus it made it that much more difficult to connect with him on a personal level. Often times he felt as if he were merely grasping at straws with his son. Heck, one of the few things they agreed upon was what had caused Hato so much issue at school. Countless times he was summoned to the academy to 'deal' with Hato. So what if he got into another fight, he won right? The Headmaster only looked upon Kaen with disdain from that day forward. They had even considered expelling Hato at one point, but Kaen's "connections" helped persuade them to give him another chance. It was then that things grew... complicated. He had told Hato to stop, even though in the back of his mind he really didn't care. In fact he would have encouraged it save for the fact his education depended on his behavior. Since then Hato had started staying out late with 'friends', a bunch of miscreants more like it. It was a very fine line, being a parent. The exact how-to on making sure your child is disciplined but respectful and loving towards their parents was difficult to say the least.

As if they needed any more proof, Hato continued on with his train of thought tossing Kaen's reply to the wayside. "Sorry I was late... I enjoyed last night with my friends and we had lots of cola... But that is about it." Bullshit. Hato was a horrible liar. At least as far as Kaen was concerned. His poker face was peppered with flaws, or so it felt. His particular line of work, an Anbu Captain, gave him quite the skill set to pick up on these things. Normally dealing with hardened criminals and the occasional psychopath, picking up the tell tale sign of falsified information from a kid was, well, child's play. But he really didn't feel like arguing, not right now anyway. Today was supposed to be a happy day, hence the gift. "It's fine," He started. But it wasn't. If only for the sake of lying. If Hato was going to be out that late, doing Suna knows what, he would appreciate some damn communication. But kids never really did like talking to their parents. They just don't understand, or something like that. Young people were confusing. Hell, most humans were confusing. That was the thing though, another thing I guess. Was Hato human? Who can say...

"just leave a note next time or something." Hato would carelessly nod in response and quickly changed the topic. "So... How was your mission?" Kaen had to think for a moment, he wouldn't be able to give much details. Standing up from the lounge he would run his fingers through his hair backwards. "It was a success." That's all he could think of? He never really did have a way with words did he? He usually let his fists do the talking, or the occasional scorching blast of chakra to the face. Alas a small stint of silence hung heavy on the air, awkward tension thick and palpable in his mind as he struggled to find further words. Finally just seceding he would change the subject himself.

Walking over towards the table he would gesture towards the two packages on the table. "I uh... I got you a little something. A congratulatory gift for earning your headband." All students were denied the symbol of their village until they graduated. Only then were they deemed ready and worthy to wear the title of Sunagakurian Shinobi. "It's not much, but I thought it would be fitting that you should get these." Nudging the gifts towards Hato he would egg him on with a smile. "Come on, don't keep me waiting in suspense. At least I can be here for this, right?" Kaen would laugh nervously, still feeling bad for missing the graduation. [Activating Snapshot mastered]

Gifts said:
Upon opening the un-wrapped box he would find a brand new Headset. It was a high-end quality radio that usually only those of Jounin status would even bother to purchase. Having one while only being a Genin was sure to attract attention if anyone looked close enough to know what it was.

The re-wrapped package was long and thin, almost having the appearance of a rolled up poster. But it was significantly heavier. Hato was no dummy and would most likely assume it was a weapon of some sort, which it was. Having gone to the academy and becoming well versed with Sunan history and other various aspects of the village he would surely recognize the material as none other than Takahashi Steel. It was rare to find anything more durable, and of quality craftsmanship as this.

The card, once removed from the envelope would read as follows;

"My dearest son,
Since you've arrived here in Suna I've known I loved you. Though unfamiliar with the realms of parenting I would give it my all and hope for the best. I wish I had more time to spend with you, but even though we're often apart I still deeply care about you and your well being. I couldn't be prouder of you, Hato, my son. Congratulations on graduating and becoming a full fledged Genin.
- Dad"

"000000"

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He couldn't really help it then to prod on that sore moment that the other hadn't been at the important moments. Slowly he left out a sigh and would turn towards the side with his head. "yeah yeah... i know you wanted to come... and couldn't because of work..." those were words said and meant to sting a little as for him it was a big thing and no one was there. All the others had families with them, except him. He was honestly alone, picked up the prize and couldn't show it off to his dad in an instant. He came home in the hope the ohter had been there, even missed that. It was a real bummer, but it was often on those times that he started to hang out with them and felt that appriciation at those missing moemnts from his father.
"alright... will leave a note on the fridge..." He commently simpy on it, it wasn't such a big thing to do, it was a small thing even. As he took an interest on how his father had been doing with the mission he got dissapointment in return. "welps..." the boy softly commented and would leave a small yet troubles sigh, a bit motionless he stood there thinking of what he would be able to say to safe that conversation. Yet he was glad that his father took up a route to change the conversation as it had been going on now. He didn't thought his dad would bring him something for a gratuation, as he didn't get much on his birthday, cake a gift and an awesome day... now that he thought about it, it was the best a kid could ask for, so he already start to forgive his father for that matter.
He slowly reached out for the gift as he started to open it, he would first start to read the letter, he was taught that way. Even started to read it out loud for his father, unknowing a snapshot was in de make. The further he started to read the more he started to smile. Once he was done reading he would pick up the headset. "Woaw.." He knew this ofcourse from others on the academy grounds, sometimes people came and gave guest lessons. Even though hato had 'bad' friends, he didn't skip school. He would fit it on and try to look in the glass to see how it even looked at him. Grinning he said this was already amazing, but he did had seen that there was more.
He started to wrap open the last package. "Takahashi... steel..." The words were muttered as he started to observe the weapon. He was amaze to this as he also saw the small engravings, the hilt was even perfected to the point this was something he would honestly cherish forever. He would balance it to see what the balance was, as it blaanced on his finger tip he would look over the blade. No bumbs, straight steel... This was amazing. He started to shine almost with overjoy. "This honestly is amazing." His words were spoken in an awe moment as he looked towards Kaen and couldn't help but to hug his father. "These are honestly amazing, thank you so much." He would smile bright and moments after try out where the weapon would be a best fit, on his back, side, lower back, leg, hip... so many spots and he had trouble choosing.
It was one of the things that the academy already noticed, as soon as it was combat related he started to pay attention. Which is why he knew how to balance it out, how to hold and use many weapons already, some to master and others on the road to master.

"Will you be here for the day?" He asked him and would love to hear a yes on that matter. "I want to do something with you, maybe even one of your missions sometimes... You know, spend more time with you and learn from you. You are already far away most of the times... Many times even." He would mutter the last bit but cross his leg behind the other and take that casual pose of his. Hands behind his head and grinning. "What about a day together today?"

ooc;; My laptop doesn't have Grammarly or grammar related things, sorry if this contains many :(

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen watched with anticipation and elation as Hato would start with the letter first. His gaze ever fixed upon his son waiting with bated breath for his reaction. It was a curious thing, these small interactions and exchanging of gifts on various holidays. Before Suna it was for the most part unheard of. Holidays were not something he really recalled or knew of. Birthdays he knew as he had often tried to get Kasen something each year. But since over a decade had passed since the Shinku's arrival in Sunagakure he had grown accustomed to the various holidays that took place yearly. And of course special events such as this. Listening with intent he would continue to smile as Hato read the card aloud. As he did so an equally gleeful smile started to spread across his son's face. After finishing he chose the box containing the headset.

"Woaw..." He knew he'd like it. It was no run of the mill radio either. It had all sorts of features, multiple channels, private frequencies, the works. Inside the box would have been instructions on its proper use. Next would be the sword, of this Kaen was most excited for. The blade, like any other creation from the Takahashi was nearly perfect in every facet. It of course needed to be re-balanced to accommodate Hato's smaller stature, but for master crafters like the Takahashi were known for all over Wind Country, it was hardly an inconvenience. As his son began to test where best to have it on his person. As he did so he would go to explain the nature of the blade. "I'm very glad you like it. It's quite special as Lord Sousuke himself had it commissioned for me in dedication to my Lordship. I don't have anything special or one of those ''handed down through the generations" type of things. I had hoped this would suffice and you might one day pass it down to your own children some day." One of the many things he admired about his son was how easy it was for him to pick up a weapon. For a short while after his arrival he was worried that he may have sired a weakling. It was one thing to be human, another to be a weak human. Hato had matured into a much stronger boy than when he had arrived, that much was true. His growth was impressive, but he still felt as if there were untapped potential lurking just beneath the surface. What he needed was some sort of catalyst to propel himself towards greatness. The other matter was his attachments, or rather his hindrance. There was nothing wrong with owning a pet, let's not get that twisted. But relying on others, much less a beast of instinct rather than calculating intellect was a major flaw in his character. At least in his opinion.

After he settled down enough to think Hato would pop a most opportune question. "Will you be here for the day? I want to do something with you, maybe even one of your missions sometimes... You know, spend more time with you and learn from you. You are already far away most of the times... Many times even." Oh how Kaen had missed him. Often times he had considered quitting just to spend more time with Hato. But that just wasn't realistic. There wasn't a better career for someone like Kaen, for a battle hungry Hybrid that is. There were other factors in play regarding this dilemma, but in the end quitting just wasn't an option. There were creeping thoughts in the back of his mind on how best to remedy the lack of quality time with his son, but he suspected Hato wasn't ready for it, not quite yet. Soon. Another sting deep within his human heart could be felt as Hato muttered the last portion, but he couldn't be upset. He was right, more than right. He was gone far too often. But this was a glorious day as he had just the answer for him.

"No, I won't be here today. Not for a while anyway." Kaen would assume a serious, somber tone as he attempted to lead him on. Unlike his son Kaen's poker face was strong. It helped that he wasn't lying, merely misleading. He wouldn't wait long to follow up however. He didn't wish to crush Hato's spirits for real. "And neither will you. In fact, we're both going to be away today, on a mission... together. Your father, being the man of status that I am," Has it been mentioned that Kaen is quite cocky? No? Well he is, very much so. He thinks quite highly of himself. But you would too if you were him. "I was able to pull a few strings and had you assigned to a temporary squad with yours truly as the leader. What do you think about that?" He was sure he already knew the answer he would get and prepared himself for some sort of cheerful outburst. After Hato had settled down enough to comprehend anything he might say Kaen would reveal a manila folder and tossed it on the table in front of Hato. "The details are in there. We leave in just under an hour. We're going to be traveling all the way to Soon's Haven, so dress accordingly." Like he was one to talk, wearing that thick, fur-lined coat in black. Granted his particular nature afforded him a natural resistance to the sun's arid heat.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"No, I won't be here today. Not for a while anyway." Those words hit like a bomb as he would look towards his father, he got rather sad to hear that. It was an absolute trick that the other played on him. "And neither will you. " At those words, he looked at his father with a questioning look to listen further. They were going on a mission together and he was overjoyed to hear that he was going to go to too. He made a jump in the sky with his fist balded. He would soon be found running out of the room. As if the words: 'get packing' was a magic word. Hato had already some new things, he was going to bring the new gifts too. He wanted to use them if they were needed. Show his father that he was proud to have them. A big smirk as he packed his clothing with the usual things. He even brought bandages, antidote, and more. It was his first mission with his dad and he wanted to come prepared.
5 minutes before they would be leaving the boy was filling up his water bottle. His clothing was designed to harbor a few hits, yet still was practical to protect him from the weather too. On the way to the door he grabbed a jerky to nibble on it. Blitz even had a small saddle on his shoulder pad, mostly filled with lightweight stuff. "Hehe. We are ready, aren't we buddy?" The little dog gave a bark as they would be standing there. Hato had his sword on his side, as he was too small to place it on his back yet.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The ploy was a success, in a sense. Though he really shouldn't be toying with Hato's emotions like this, but as a father it's almost impossible not to have a little fun from time to time. Without delay Hato rushed off towards his room and began packing with fervor like haste. From the room where Kaen had been left he could hear miscellaneous clanging and things being dropped or tossed around. All he could imagine was a mini Hato-tornado rampaging through his room in search of what to bring. Soon enough both his son and the canine companion were dressed, packed and ready to hit the road. It was endearing, the scene before him that was. His son geared up for his first official mission as a Genin, Kaen was proud of Hato's progress and looked forward to his future success and endeavors with much interest. "All set?" He would ask. "Alright, last one to the gate is a rotten egg!" And then the door to the Shinku estate would gently close shut. This day would be a new page, a turning point in Hato's life. More than he knew...

In the distance Kaen could spot the looming Toraono Dojo gates, they were nearly there and Hato was in the lead. Kaen of course was feigning his inability to keep up. And then within minutes they were there, Hato making it first. "Phew!" Kaen started, "You've gotten a lot faster. Have you been working out?" He casually jested, as one father might do. In an attempt to be even funnier he would approach his sun and squeeze his biceps lightly. "Hmm, wow. You really are strong!"
All the while during this father-son charade the third member of their team was standing only about twenty feet away leaning up against the wall that surrounded the village, just adjacent to the gate's entryway. What the pair didn't know is they had been watched ever since their arrival at the gates, by her.

From a short distance away a small giggle slowly grew into near thunderous laughter as a girl's voice finally reached the Shinku's ears. "HAhahahahahaha! You two are so cute, you really are father and son!" The girl, now approaching, sported a pair of loose pigtails in her black hair. She was short, standing just under five feet tall it appeared and didn't appear to be much over the age of twelve or thirteen. It made sense considering both she and Hato were Genin. Clearing his throat in some desperate attempt to keep the already destroyed reputation intact addressed the female that had walked into their midst. "Mhmm, y-yes. You would be correct. I assume you must be the third member of this mission's squad?" The girl would smile widely, her perfectly straight, white teeth gleemed in the sunlight. "Yup, the name's Miyamoto Yumi. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, sir." If nothing else she was polite and cheerful, an odd addition under Kaen's lead but she was a necessary addition to get them to allow Hato to accompany him on this mission. After addressing Kaen she would turn towards Hato and basically hopped a little closer. "Hmmm," She started, her gaze sizing the young boy before her. "Don't get any funny ideas if we get lost or separated. I'm a powerful lightning user and I won't hesitate to taze your funny face, got it mister?!" Kaen was beginning to have second thoughts, he actually kinda liked her spunk. She would do nicely for this mission. Kaen could only laugh lightly at the situation, kids were more amusing that he first thought. He would let the children have their little exchange before he butted in and quelled any possible flying sparks.

"000000"

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A race it is and was. He sprinted as fast as he could, made even use of the near buildings for launch off point. Even Blitz was working with the other, sometimes even using wind techniques to attempt to get faster. As he landed at the place he was panting slightly, as he gave it his all. He heard Kaen behind him and did make a cheer. "Hehe! I won!" He would cheer towards himself and blitz, even gave the other a high five. "We did it!" He would embark and look towards his dad. "If you use the Wind ninjutsu from the building's launch point, and you jump horizontally, instead of slight vertical, you can more speed throughout the air." It was the truth that he did a lot of fun stuff with his friends, one of them was parkouring. The favorite sport of him these days, which is why he was training out more for his strength in muscles too. As he felt his father squeezing his biceps he would smirk and smile. "Still have a way to go." He prodded the other at the stomach, mentioning the hidden six-pack below that somewhere.

He was interrupted by the giggle found which caught his ears. Blitz covered up his nose with his paw as a hiding indicator. He would watch this little scene, it was almost as if his father was embarrassed. He would have this small twinkle in his eyes. He was learning from this exact moment. Yet he soon would get curious towards her, she eyed small. So small that he was wondering if the other was or wasn't same rank. He knew the shinobi world was rather odd. "Nice to meet you Yumi-chan. My name is Shinku Hato." He would make a small polite bow and look towards her, yet he got such a wording back from it... "Don't get any funny ideas if we get lost or separated. I'm a powerful lightning user and I won't hesitate to taze your funny face, got it mister?!" It got his face a little bit sour, but before he would be able to think about is words they already went out of his mouth. He would make an air cup and pretend it was real for a second. "Look... This is my cup of cares..." And he would top it over. "Oh look, it's empty." And with that he would just stand there hands crossed staring at her. It was that moment that his dad hooked in probably? Something like that? And the fact Blitz jumped towards Hato's waist to bring him out of the idea of talking further. Blitz already knew a few words that weren't... that great. "Yeah yeah..." Hato would reply towards his father and Blitz, giving blitz a quick rub over the head. "I'm ready."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His son really was a chip off the old block, it would appear, as he wasted no time or effort coming up with a rebuttal to Yumi's threats. Though he was not fully raised by him Hato had somehow inherited his father's lack of carefully chosen words and blunt mannerisms. After watching Hato tip over the fake cup and poor out his figurative cares, as well as his chances of making a new friend, Kaen nearly choked on the air. "Matte Matte!" Kaen threw his hands in the air in a reproval like manner. But it was already too late.

"What did you just say?!?!" In an instant the shrill, high pitched sound of eletric energy flooded their ears. Streaks of static energy crackled outwards from the small girl. "When I'm done with you you're gonna be too ugly to fix, you backwater, cabbage eating twit!" The horror that broke out in front of him was astonishing and blew him away, Kaen was at a loss of words and wondered if he should step in. But the answer quickly came as Hato flared to life, preparing a fiery, second comeback of his own. A crowd was now gathering, this he noticed. He would need to act quick before this got out of hand. And so just as the pair of children were about to collide and clash their jutsu against one-another he was there. In a flash Kaen suddenly appeared between the two, one hand placed on each of the children's where their jutsu was manifesting. Thankfully neither of them were actually all that strong and so nullifying their jutsu with just his hands was not very painful, or difficult. "Just a training exercise, nothing to see here folks!" An even more nervous smile crept over Kaen's face as an equally apprehensive laugh escaped his mouth. The bystanders seemed unconcerned and went about their own business. This is when things got serious.

The pair of children would suddenly feel an overwhelming heat take over their sensations. The aura around Kean grew dark and crimson, pressure and intent could be felt behind the weight of his chakra emanating outwards. Kaen's tone grew severe as he whispered to the pair of children whos hands he had in a vice-grip-like hold. "Now listen up, my imprudent younglings..." A red glow now radiating from his eyes. "You're both going to be on your best behavior, i'm not above dispensing just and effective punishment. Let's keep that in mind, shall we?" Both Hato and Yumi would freeze in their tracks. His son turned his head away, Kaen was unsure of how he was feeling right now but a meek and quiet sorry could be heard. Yumi did just the same, hers sounding less sincere than Hato's apology. Kaen would then release both of their hands and then clap his hands together in a 'dusting off' type of fashion and then drop the serious act and smile. "Great! I'm sure we're going to have so much fun today. I can just feel it in the air." A bit sarcastic, but also a bit serious, trying to get their minds back on track and less about devising ways to get back at each other.

As Kaen stepped forward towards the gate Yumi would seize her chance and turned around quickly and stuck her tongue out at Hato. He would not notice, and probably wouldn't notice if Hato did anything back in return. Even if he did he would probably just laugh it off so long as they didn't start causing a scene and throw jutsu at each other again. "Alright, team Shiku. It's about time we head out. Is everyone ready?" He was unusually cheerful today, but that was probably just due to the special day it had turned out to be. First official mission with his son, there was no possible way the day could be ruined, not with fair weather and smiling faces like these three!

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sparks were flying left and right and the young teen was somewhat baffled by the moment she did that, but seconds later low flames would cover up his hand, ready to make a counter just to defend himself. Maybe he was chewing more then he could have. But he was ready, at least he thought he was. It was the moment that his father took hold of his hand and he felt the aura... That he started to think twice regards of his actions. 'Alright... maybe not the best....' were thoughts rushing through his head and the poor canine beside them made a little noise. "You're both going to be on your best behavior, i'm not above dispensing just and effective punishment. Let's keep that in mind, shall we?" Hato couldn't really look his father in the eye, it wasn't that he got this reaction a lot. It always took him off guard. The fire would easily subside also because he didn't hold it up anymore. "Sorry..." he muttered as he looked away. Once his hand was released, he didn't let it lump to his side, he stuck it in his pants to look a bit dead-eyed towards the other. As he saw the tongue... All he did was smile. Sometimes smiling was the best reaction to anything. It could make people more mad or confused or cheerfully with them.

He would walk along and look towards his father, then slowly towards the poor Yumi. "Hmm... I am, and I won't pick a fight with mini here." He would nickname her Mini for this mission. He found that fitting, but that was the only taunt that would stay from his side. Blitz was happily walking around the place now with them, even picking up a stick and parade with it till he found something better. Hato didn't pay it that much mind as Blitz had been doing that ever since he was young.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With things settled and resolved, at least for this scene, the trio would slowly start proceeding through the gigantic Toraono gate. And then suddenly a voice cried out from afar, coming from behind them. "Mi-Miiiiiiiiii !!!" A sorrowful look crept across Yumi's face, her head hung low in embarrassment. "Oh no..." She exclaimed before slowly turning around and stopping. Kaen would motion to Hato and the pair would also stop to wait for Yumi. Finally the other girl managed to make it to where the trio was standing, panting and breathing heavily. She held her hand up in a fashion that said 'just a minute please' as she continued her labored breathing. At last she was able to stand up straight.

"PHEW! The gate sure is a long way from our house. Mom had me run all the way here just to find you." The girl standing before them was a little taller than Yumi, perhaps 6-8 inches or so, also appearing to be a few years older as well. Kaen would have guessed around 15. Yumi now had a sour, disgruntled look with a side order of annoyed, her face said it all. "You know I don't like being called that, especially in front of other people..." The last part she whispered through gritted teeth. But the other girl didn't seem to care. "Oh come on now, how can I not call you that? You're just the cutest little sister in the whole wide world mi-mi!" Yumi's older sister would attempt to pinch her cheeks in a jest, but Yumi would respond with a well timed block with her arm.

"Just tell me what you need, we were just about to leave." With a pout-like look her older sister would stick her bottom lip out and pretend to be sad for a moment. Then she would go back to smiling and dig into her pocket. "You forgot to bring this, I can't have you going out there without it ya know." Yumi's demeanor changed suddenly when she saw what her sister held out for her. Attacked to a small chain was a closed locket shimmering in the light. Yumi would snatch it quickly from her sister and run into her arms. "Oh thank you sis! I don't know how I forgot, you're the best!" Her older sister would just laugh and embrace her sister lightly. "Of course, someones gotta look after you. Don't know what I'd do with you either, so be safe ya hear?" Pulling each other away Yumi would nod hard. "Of course!" Yumi would then turn around towards the Shinku boys, "Alright, show's over boys, lets get a move on."

Kaen would raise a single confused eyebrow as he thought; 'Wait, aren't I in the lead?' But instead of rebuking her he simply laughed and shook his head. "Well you heard her, better move out." Kaen would laugh as he placed and hand on Hato's shoulder. Today was indeed a great day for a mission. Yomi and her sister would wave to each other as the three of them, Kaen, Hato and Yumi slowly faded from view as they exited the gates and ventured out into the arid desert landscape. They would be traveling for a few hours before they would reach their destination, perhaps now was the time to have some sort of conversation, meaningful or otherwise. Ask questions, share, or something. Though Kaen would not be the first to speak, but he would respond. He was used to the silence having normally worked alone or in heavily trained groups that didn't bother conversing with each other and solely focused on the mission. But Yumi and Hato were not hardened warriors, they were only children. He couldn't expect them to remain silent for the whole trip.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hato was looking back towards the mimii which slight echoed in his mind. This might have been more fun to toy around with now he knew that the other was disliking it a lot. Yet he took the scene upon himself to just watch, to see for details. He did close an eye at the moment the other was blocked. This did look like it went alright... he still remembered how some did it in the academy time... Just a full fist to the face or worse.

From what he could tell, that little locket seemed to be special towards the small one, and he and Blitz exchanged faces. After this all had taken place the young one was left with a little bit of uneasiness. He wanted to move to go to get going. He would walk a little circle over his own place till he heard Yumi finally giving the signal. "Whoo!" He would take a small sprint before halting again, letting the others catch up before they would go on. "Neh neh..." He would eventually walk in front of Yumi while walking backward. "Curious... What does that Locket mean for you?" He would wait for a reply and then look towards blitz. "You know, I still have the charm my mom made for me back in the day, a small dog paw like, I attached it to the gift my dad gave to me today." He would show the hilt of his sword where a small wooden paw would hang, it had seen better days.

"Dad... How does your missions usually go? I bet you are just like: Paw, wham!" And with that he started to airstrike and do a lot more.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yumi's gaze would be averted from her otherwise whimsical daydreaming, most likely thinking about her future, or dresses, maybe even fun activities with her sister and family. What was left of it anyway. She had lost her mother a while ago, her and her squad fell under siege by an Unbent swarm, nobody survived. There was of course no way for Kaen or Hato to know this unless they had read the report. But why would they when so many others suffered the same fate. The Unbent swarm was just the cherry on top of the plethora of plagues and tragic events that threatened the lives of Sunans on a near daily basis. So when Hato asked; "Curious... What does that Locket mean for you?" she would calmly explain it, freely sharing. It was some time ago and she had learned to cope and move past it. It was the life of a shinobi, to live and serve the village, even dying if need be. She would cradle the closed locket in her hand as she spoke, a fond tone clearly felt in her words. "This was my mother's locket. It used to have a picture of me and sis, but I took the one of me out and put one in of mom. I take it everywhere, a sort of keepsake and a reminder to never give up and always be strong like she was." Seemingly satisfied with that answer, at least for now, Hato moved on to the next hot topic.

"You know, I still have the charm my mom made for me back in the day, a small dog paw like, I attached it to the gift my dad gave to me today." Tucking the locket into her shirt she would run a little closer to get a better view of Hato's charm. Yumi inspected the hilt of Hato's sword admiring the cute little charm. "That's really cool! The tiny paw must be for your fuzzy friend over here eh?" Yumi smiled brightly as she acknowledged Blitz. "Woah! Is that Takahashi Steel? Your dad got you that, no way!" Kaen grinned as he eavesdropped into the young pair's conversation. It was nice to know that kids were still capable of being kids during these trying times, what with the Unbent swarm and Dominus' army looming in the near future. "You must have the coolest dad ever, I'm so jealous..." Yomi was aware of the relationship that Hato and Kaen shared but didn't let the fact that Kaen was his father sway her from openly talking about him. Staying true to the "squirrel" mentality that young boys often carried with them, Hato was quick to chase down another potential rabbit hole. "Dad... How does your missions usually go? I bet you are just like: Paw, wham!" From the corner of his peripheral vision he watched as his son performed a series of shadow boxing techniques and some other hand gestures that were reminiscent of throwing fireballs or other various jutsu.

Kaen would laugh lightly in response to his son's exaggerative gestures while shaking his head lightly indicating his general answer was a 'no'. "No not all the time. Sometimes they can be pretty boring, protecting this cargo or go fetch these important documents. Unless you wanna talk about the Unbent Swarm. Now that's some crazy stories, but I'm not sure you two are old enough to handle that kind of stuff." Kaen teased lightly, insinuating that the children would be squeamish or stand offish about the nature and heavily gore-laden stories of his dealings with the Unbent scourge. "But when things do get really serious, there's a lot more going on than your average paw-whams. Your father didn't become a Lord for nothing ya know." This was another aspect that wasn't discussed often with Hato. His father's status of Lord was an enigma of sorts and the official reason was kept hush hush by Lord Sousuke. For the most part people just assumed that Kaen was a prestigious shinobi that took up bannerman-ship through the most esteemed Lord Sousuke.

After whatever further exchange the trio may have had they would find themselves on the precipice of a high cliff overlooking a grand but desolate valley below. Stoically Kaen would peer over the edge down into an abandoned make-shift village. Huts crudely constructed with haste gave hint towards this being a production area of some kind. Somewhere nearby the secret entrance to their destination laid awaiting to be discovered. "We're here." Declaring their arrival Kaen's tone shifted to a more serious, business type. He often tried to take his missions seriously, only breaking from this official stand point on the rarest of occasions. Or if was in the mood for a little fun, but this usually only presented itself when he faced considerable opposition or the other person was really just asking for trouble.

Kaen would close his eyes for a moment, trying to get a feel for the area. Breathing in deeply he would then exhale slowly. He could feel very faint traces of life, but it felt so distant he wondered if this was truly the correct location in question. But he was not alone like usual, he had Hato and Yumi at his disposal. "Alright, Hato, Yumi. I want you two to pair up and start searching those huts. Somewhere out there is a secret door that will lead us down an even more secret adventure. Be very careful as we don't know what kind of traps may have been placed as a defense measure. We're dealing with potentially violent slave traders, assuming anyone is even home." He knew there was somebody home, he could feel their presence. He could feel the hate, the anger and malice. He could feel pain, smell blood heavy on the air. This valley felt as if a curse was laid upon it, only death awaited ye here.

[OOC MFT]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"This was my mother's locket. It used to have a picture of me and sis, but I took the one of me out and put one in of mom. I take it everywhere, a sort of keepsake and a reminder to never give up and always be strong like she was." Hato grew silent for a moment as he thought about it. The way she spoke about her mom it was almost like she wasn't around... Just like his. He didn't ask much further, knowing it could hurt to talk many regards it. then again he was jumping to a conclusion on this thing. "That's really cool! The tiny paw must be for your fuzzy friend over here eh?" "Hell yea! Blitz was the first thing after my dad that "caught" her heart as she said it.
"Heck yea! My dad got this for me! It is so amazing, I already said I would keep it in good condition."He would show it off for a bit before he would seek contact with his dad.
He listened as best as he could but was pouting in the end. "We are old enough! We aren't 10 anymore!" He would pout at the whole thing, but he did look serious after the lord bit. He started to nod that he understood it and would think for it a little.

"We're here." Words you didn't hear that soon once you were traveling, yet he was nodding and taking a look for his own. "wow..." There was a small gasp like a moment from him and even Blitz lay down for a moment in awe, there was so much.... going on here. Blitz covered up his nose and Hato pinched his. As soon as he heard his father he started to look up towards him. "Go in the huts, search for a hint or secret door... Be careful of traps... Got it. Seems we are going 'on guard' with this Yumi." It was a word he made for his own, more of command for Blitz, as Blitz sprung up and started to sniff the air and the ground. instantly Blitz would know who what or where if there was a scent change he would give it through to Hato. "Let's go Yumi," Hato said, taking a bit the lead, he couldn't have her getting hurt. She was smaller, maybe not in age, but certainly in height and that gave Hato still the idea that he had to look out for her.

The first hut, Hato went in first and pass on to Yumi that their first place was safe. Yet it was so strange. "It is almost looking like they left two moments ago.." He said, holding his kunai in his hand right hand, his dominant hand. "Alright... not if you look at the food rests..." He would comment, stick out his tongue and pinch his nose a bit. This hut was almost left like time would, nothing seemed to be strange in this first one, couple of stuff. But that was honestly it. "Let's keep going." He said after a bit and went towards the next one with Yumi. Yet this house seemed like they tried to pack something or searching for something while in a hurry. "These people left in a hurry..." Blitz was going through the place with his nose on the ground. "The stench here though..." He would point at some old stains. "Blood... Whatever we need, something happened horrific here." He would frown. This was just so odd. Blitz would wince a moment and sit down. He had found something, at least before Hato filled a link. "Hey... those are more of... Miner equipment. Yumi?" Hato would turn towards the other and start to speak once he got confirmation on her name. "Say... last home, there wasn't as much as these types of equipment... what if.." and Hato paused at that, he was almost sure that there was something more then they were let in on. "what if there is a mine, and what if we need to search there further? What do you think? I mean... these houses didn't provide us anything like a hidden door or so."

MFT

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Let's go Yumi." Yumi's head would shoot towards Hato who might have already been blissfully walking away, completely unaware that he had offended Yumi. "Let's go Yumi?! Who died and made you team leader?" But she would follow him all the same, in a huff of course. All the way grumbling something about adolescent boys and thinking they are so much better than girls. It was hard to tell, who could say what she was really saying. But you could guess.

Yumi would watch as Hato ducked into the first hut, she herself would be scouting the area, scanning the horizon for any sort of unusualness. But she found nothing by the time Hato returned giving the all clear. "It is almost looking like they left two moments ago..." Yumi of course was confused as she had yet to enter the huts and see the state of things. "Alright... Not if you look at the remains of the food" And by remains he of course was referring to state of decay that was heavily present not only on the food itself but the entire area seemed to be overrun by mold, mildew and the general stench of decay and death. Not every hut would have these features, they all varied to some degree. Some seemed to be relatively clean, as far as clean goes after whatever amount of time this place had been abandoned. Unwilling to take Hato's word for it she decided to take a quick peak in herself. "What do you mean, there's food in there?" Walking around Hato she entered the small abode but quickly turned around as she began to wretch. "Oh I think I'm going to be sick, ugh..." Yumi would cover her mouth doing her best to remain composed and not throw up all over hato.

"Let's keep going." Hato would usher the pair of Genin forward towards the next hut in an effort to continue their search. Yumi, still holding her hand over her mouth and nose would nod emphatically wishing nothing more to get away from this stench. After entering the second hut they would get a better picture of just what had happened here. The general state of things gave an appearance that whoever had lived here tried to leave in a hurry. A bag hastily stuffed with unfolded clothing lay toppled over on a nearby table, the cupboards left open and stripped of any food items. All in all this was turning out to be quite the mystery. But more evidence revealed itself and Blitz's uncanny nose easily picked up the scent of blood. "The stench here though..." Again Yumi would agree while pinching her nose to block out the overwhelming smell. "Blood... Whatever we need, something happened horrific here." Hato was quite perceptive while Yumi seemed to only serve as moral support. Blitz was even pulling his own weight and discovered yet another clue.

"Hey... those are more of... Miner equipment. Yumi?" Yumi would approach from behind and peek around Hato. "Yeah, it looks just like miner stuff. I wonder if they were workers of some sort, nearby perhaps?" Hato was having similar thoughts as he pieced some of the puzzle together in his head. "Say... last home, there wasn't as much as these types of equipment... what if.." What if indeed. It was all coming together, everything according to plan. But who's plan? "What if there is a mine, and what if we need to search there further? What do you think? I mean... these houses didn't provide us anything like a hidden door or so." There was indeed a mine, one that they eventually would need to delve into. Suddenly, from the hut adjacent to them they would both hear a noise. Yumi would suddenly grasp Hato by the arm out of pure instinct. "What was that, did that come from next door?!" Panic was already setting in as clearly depicted on Yumi's face. But she could be over reacting, with all this rotten food around there were bound to be rats. It was probably just Yumi's imagination getting the better of her.

Hato put on a brave face as he prepared himself for whatever it could be. But in the end he would decide to send in his trusty canine companion, Blitz, next door first. Yumi would slowly exit the hut they were currently in and fearfully watched the large dog sniff his way around and slowly enter the partially opened door. Thankfully this door had been well upkept and didn't make a single creak when Blitz opened it. As the doggo peered into the dusty room he would spot a most peculiar sight. A sickly looking figure stood just a few meters away from the entrance, it moved slowly and lethargically. It seemed to have no goal or purpose and walked around aimlessly as it occasionally bumped into something making a noise. Pieces of flesh hung loosely from its body, the stench of death and decay is very prominent in the air. The smell would be pungent and possibly overwhelming for the canine. Being well trained Blitz would retreat, quietly, and return to his master to inform him of what he found. Hato would echo what his dog had told him, somehow able to understand the dog completely, and Yumi would listen with intent, fear growing ever stronger in her heart as she realized what it was. "Oh no... I think it's an Unbent."

Hato, having only lived in Suna for a short while was unfamiliar with the Unbent except in random passing comments. He knew the name, he knew they were bad, but he didn't know anything else. So when Yumi saw the confused look on his face she would kindly explain. "Ugh, they are the worst thing ever. It was these things that killed my mother. They are super dangerous when they are in a group, or a 'Swarm'. But by themselves they are usually pretty weak, compared to a shinobi anyway. If there's only one I think we can take them, give these bastards what they deserve. What do you say, are you with me?" Determination was beginning to replace the dread in her eyes, it was as if this was a personal matter for her, which it was. How could it not be when it was these things that took your own mother away?

Finally agreeing on venturing forth to deal with the threat at hand they would file in one in front of the other. Blitz would take up the vanguard position and lead the trio into the hut, followed by Hato and then Yumi. But their efforts would not be unoticed and as soon as they had entered the Unbent would turn and screech. "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" It's voice rang in their ears as it's horrifying cry echoed across the plains. It was barely clothed, ripped shreds of clothing flew loosely behind it as it charged straight towards Blitz.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
What he had seen inside, was something no one would rather want to see. The dust had already settled over most, the plates looked like it were almost pure horror. parts were molded and remains were Fungi. The smell was horrid and beyond to even explain. Mugs were still nicely on the cabin, those on the table you could see the stains where it dried up.
Paintings were hanging half on the wall half fallen off. Coats were still on the hangers. Once he went through one of them there were papers but the ink had faded. "Damn..." The ginger haired boy muttered, the canine couldn't find much either, at one part there was, what almost seemed like a skeleton... but it was just a plastic prop. "don't scare me like that blitz!" He would embark at the small and furry friend. As he had checked the walls, the books, the lamps, and everything, he couldn't find anything close to what should be seeing like a secret thing. As he got outside he would explain to Yumi. Her reaction was something he kind of would have guessed from her.

Hato poked his earpiece to seek contact with Kaen. "Dad, everything clears out here. No secret passage or so inside the buildings, there is a fair amount of mining equipment. Yumi and I think there is more down there, as there should be one nearby once we checked from up above. yumi and I will check once more to see if we missed anything." WIth that he updated him and would look towards Yumi, he nodded as he was done.

A noise came forward and he felt a pressure against his arm, looking down towards her. And Blitz going in front of them. "I don't know.." He said in a hushed tone, he wanted to know. He was a Shinku, but his nature was curious... and so was the one of Blitz. "Blitz... scavage guarding." He would watch the canine go away inside the building.
It's the nose on the ground as he started to walk down with his head. What he saw, was something he had never seen. Unsure how the creature didn't notice him, but soon he found himself walking back. Once back outside Hato sighed in relief and watched his furry friend first paw his own nose. "I know buddy..." Inuzuka's were sometimes strange people though, If their physical features were not enough to identify an Inuzuka, then the next most distinguishing aspect may be their closeness to the animals of nature, capable of communicating with them through both complex growls and sounds or simple body gestures. Which was exactly happening right here and right now. Hato was communicating with Blitz through some noises... And with that, he started to turn confused. "Yumi... Blitz is talking about a creature, with an unbearable smell like death and decay... His skin is hanging on pieces...." He would turn towards her and saw her reaction. 'ooooh shizzle, this doesn't feel good...' his thoughts would run in his head and listen towards her. "Yikes... That doesn't seem too well either way..." He would frown, think for a moment.
"I am with you Yumi..." He would nod towards her, he would be going in and Blitz offered himself to go first as he knew where the creature was a moment ago.

Surprisingly towards Hato, as Blitz pushed the door further open, there was no sound coming from the door. 'How did we not hear that earlier..?' he frowned and walked further ahead, watching the place inside he wanted to wheeze to get his nose clear. But the first moment they entered, something triggered it. The screech was scary, honestly scary as he covered up his ears. "Welp... it knows we are here now!" He would grit his teeth and get ready in the defense.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Fight Stuff said:
HatoBlitzYumi
HP: 11,700 - 62 = 11,638 HP
CP: 7,560 - 1,286 = 6,274 CP
AP: 6 - 5.5 = 6.5 NR

Visible Inventory
Pouch
HP: 5,850 - 500 = 5,350 HP
CP: 3,780 - 705 = 3,075 CP
AP: 3.5 - 2.75 = 4.25 NR

Visible Inventory
N/A
HP: 9,600 - 0 = 9,600 HP
CP: 7,800 - 1,635 = 6,165 CP
AP: 6 - 5.5 = 6.5 NR

Visible Inventory
Pouch

N/AN/AUnbent
HP: 6,825 - 7,222 = -397 HP
CP: 0
AP: 5 - 3.75 = 0 NR

Round 1 said:
~ 2.14 Sec -- Blitz uses The One-Two [Mastered] targeting the Unbent [80 cp]
--------- 1st check - 18 vs 17, 75% partial hit [94 damage]
--------- 2nd check - 28 vs 26, Hit! [125 damage]
--------- 20% chance to cause suppression, rolled 55, failed

~ 2.50 Sec -- The Unbent thrashes violently against Blitz
--------- 1st check - 33 vs 17, Critical Hit! [500 damage]
--------- 30% chance to cause bleed and suppression, rolled 49, failed

~ 3.33 Sec -- Hato uses Scalding Ash Cloud [Mastered] targeting the Unbent [454 cp]
--------- 1st check - 19 vs 26, miss
--------- Dark ash fills the entire hut, it becomes difficult to see, everyone loses -1 accuracy

~ 3.33 Sec -- Yumi uses Zues Flash [Mastered] targeting the Unbent [505 cp]
--------- 1st check - 24 vs 19, Hit! [1,605 damage]
--------- 18% chance to "Impale", rolled 59, failed

~ 5.00 Sec -- The Unbent charges straight for Hato!
--------- 1st check - 25 vs 26, 25% partial hit [62 damage]

~ 5.00 Sec -- Hato uses the special action on Scalding Ash Cloud [454 cp]
--------- The hut explodes and everyone takes 300 damage
--------- Everyone is now outside, the hut is on fire

~ 6.66 Sec -- Yumi uses Lightning Torrent [Mastered] targeting the Unbent [560 cp]
--------- 1st check - 22 vs 16, Hit! [1,685 damage]
--------- 24% chance of inflicting the 'Electrocution' effect, rolled 40, failed

~ 6.66 Sec -- Hato uses Infernal Ember [Mastered] targeting the Unbent [108 cp]
--------- 1st check - 26 vs 33, miss
--------- 2nd check - 17 vs 25, miss
--------- 3rd check - 21 vs 27, miss

~ 7.50 Sec -- Yumi maintains her Lightning Torrent on the Unbent [190 cp]
--------- 1st check - 33 vs 31, Hit! [505 damage]
--------- 18% chance of inflicting the 'Electrocution' effect, rolled 65, failed

~ 7.50 Sec -- The Unbent attempts to take a bite out of Hato
--------- 1st check - 26 vs 34, miss

~ 7.85 Sec -- Blitz uses Dragon Fire [Mastered] targeting the Unbent [625 cp]
--------- 1st check - 17 vs 31, missed

~ 8.33 Sec -- Yumi maintains her Lightning Torrent on the Unbent [190 cp]
--------- 1st check - 29 vs 28, 75% partial hit [378 damage]

~ 9.16 Sec -- Yumi maintains her Lightning Torrent on the Unbent [190 cp]
--------- 1st check - 34 vs 31, Hit! [505 damage]
--------- 18% chance of inflicting the 'Electrocution' effect, rolled 91, failed

~ 9.16 Sec -- Hato uses Fireball [Mastered] targeting the Unbent [270 cp]
--------- 1st check - 35 vs 28, Critical Hit!!! [2,025 damage]
--------- 31% chance to 'Sear', rolled 17, Success!

~ 9.16 Sec -- The Unbent is now dead!

Notes:
~ Battle Conditions: Little Cover: +0 Stealth , Average: +0 Stealth
~ When 'Seared' the target has a 10% chance of taking critical damage to the next attack to hit them. If this is not successful, then they only take +10% damage from the attack. This does not stack.

Last edited:

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hato wasn’t scared of fighting, neither of losing or winning. But Blitz went first in the battle. Just as Hato was expecting he did damage towards the odd creature, it seemed like not a lot, but his companion was still with him and he was proud of him. Yet the creature seemed it wanted a revenge on them, “blitz!” He called out to his furry friend as he took the hit head-on, Blitz ruffled his head and growled towards the other, to Hato’s relief his canine companion was fine. Now it was his own turn and he had a small plan. The quick hand seals were formed and a big breath was taken in. He filled the room with the ash cloud. Yet he tried to make this a rather big hit on the other, but even with them all blinded like this he didn’t hit the creature. At the same time he saw Yumi throwing something, it seemed to be a spear made out of lightning. ’Alright. Remind me not to piss her off…’ Thoughts that quickly roamed his mind even if they were in battle he attempted to make notes. Just before he could make the seal to detonate the ash cloud, the beast charged at him. He felt it scratch over his shoulder and would swiftly land on his feet after the almost dodge. “Tsk…, Detonate!” And yet he failed with his brilliant plan, he let the building catch fire and explode on them. As they were all ninja’s they would be quickly outside, yumi already ready with the next jutsu it seemed. “Sorry…” the boy muttered towards his group as he looked at the remains of the hut burning.

Another set of jutsu was formed by the boy as he soon held flames inside his hand, the threw them towards the other but seemed to have little effect. “Tsk! He is so fast.” As the creature managed to dodge all three of his attacks he was feeling a bit hopeless. The lightning attack hitted once more frm Yumi and the boy started to wonder if the other did or didn’t read his motions. Once more the Unbent went for Hato, but even this time he could dodge the creature. It’s fangs were close by him and he could smell the breath… or was it breath? was it maybe something else coming from the mouth. With a few salto’s backward Blitz took a quick reaction to take the creature's notice. A dragon-like fire came from the small pupper that took a motion, at least there was space between hato and the creature now. And again the small girl hit her shots… “Heyyyy, leave some for me!” He would tsk at the end, feeling like he was failing, but at the other hand. This was a fight, this was fun. He took the fun into him and chuckled soft. “You know… this is fun, fighting is fun…” he would embark and make a hand seal, maybe one of the most simple ones there was on earth. He breathed in once more and exhaled in his hand, a giant fireball hit the creature on a head-on. “Take that! You roasted sh!t!” He scolded happily as he saw that thing falling to the ground.

Yet as the creature was smoldering, the stench got so much worse now. Till the point where Hato had to excuse himself. Because of his bloodline, he did inherit some of the canine family… enhanced hearing, smell and such. It made him throw up at this smell now. He couldn’t help it anymore. He had to find something for against this. Yet he was wondering seconds later how his dad would reply at this. Yet he wasn’t the only one, blitz also had to throw up and they both were gurgling water. “I swear…” He would mutter and pinch his nose. “Sorry for that Yumi…” mentioning at the throwing up, but this was worse than having a burned pan in the kitchen smell. This smelled like boiled blood, decay that burned. “At least I took the thing down before we would get gravely wounded!”

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
While Hato and Yumi started their searches Kaen would also take another portion of the small encampment for himself. Utilizing an age old trick he would summon a few clones to expedite his efforts. The first hut he searched was very similar to the ones his Genin had found, things left laying about hastily, food half decomposed and the overwhelming smell of blood. Though there was little left in the way of seeing it, it permeated the very ground they walked on. It was as if the people living here were annihilated in the night by some unknown force. One of the clones had also seen similar things and pondered the same. For the most part the searching was going quite smoothly, albeit finding nothing that might lead them further down the rabbit hole.

Suddenly a flood of information permeated his senses as one of his clones was dispersed. Instantly he was on alert and sped off towards the direction the clone had ventured off to. It wasn't even near the huts, instead the clone seemed to have been attracted to just north of the encampment, the opposite direction where the trio had entered. Quickly scaling a cliff embankment Kaen would find himself at a nice vantage point that overlooked the entirety of the camp. He saw Hato and Yumi enter through another tent with Blitz in the lead. Thinking nothing of it, unaware of the danger they were about to find themselves in, Kaen would smile knowing that Hato was doing well with another squad member, it would bode well for future mission placement.

But this hopeful outlook was quickly dashed asunder as Kaen's eyes gazed upon the visage of death. Far enough not to be noticed, but close enough to know they would be in trouble if they caught their attention. It wouldn't be easy to take down this many without making that much noise. These things seem drawn to audible ques like a shark that's picked up the scent of blood. While it was entirely possible Kaen could defeat them by himself, it would not be without much risk not only to himself, but for Hato and Yumi below. They were too young and inexperienced to handle a threat like this. They would need to tread carefully if they wanted to have any hope of making it out alive, or rather not go home alone and trying to explain why he let two Genin die on his watch. And so he would carefully, and slowly back away from the cliffside, he needed to alert the other two before...

"Kaboom!"

With enough force to break a normal man's neck Kaen's head would turn sharply towards the direction of the noise. The hut that Hato, Yumi and Blitz had entered had suddenly exploded into shrapnel. Bursts of electricity crackled with thunderous noise, plumes of flames exploded outwards and the clash of battle echoed throughout the encampment. "Shit..." Without much delay the Unbent that Kaen had seen were already reacting to the explosion caused by Hato's flames.

"Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Like a swarm of hornets the Unbent were suddenly reanimated with much fervor and called out in unison for their new prey. These ones were fast, not unlike the shamblers they usually encountered. This must have been what caused everyone here to flee for their lives, or lost it in the pursuit of this freedom. Turning and running the other direction Kaen would make a mad dash towards the burning hut. Though the commotion was resolved for the children and their single Unbent, the threat was far from gone. A faint glimmer caught his eye on the far side of the cliff surrounded encampment, it was another entrance of some sort. Though he himself was unsure what it was, all he knew was it might provide safety from the oncoming horde. Arriving with such speed the force of his arrival kicked up some dust as he skid to a stop. Hato was throwing up, Blitz was sniffing the air suspiciously, perhaps picking up on the incoming danger. Yumi was covering her own mouth trying not to puke herself.

"Hato, Yumi, we need to leave NOW!" There was little time to explain, he only hoped they could see the urgency in his eyes. It was less that he was worried for his own safety, he was fully capable of withstanding these Unbent, but more for the safety of these two. And Blitz of course. Couldn't let anything happen to him either, he was just as much family as Hato was. "You too Blitz, let's go boy." Turning to watch Yumi and Hato look at him with confusion he would start to become irritated. "I SAID MOVE, LETS GO!!!" Kaen would grab each of them by the shoulder and ushered them forward away from the incoming Horde, which was already fully visible and screaming out in hunger for flesh. "Shit, I don't know if we are gonna make it. Evasive Maneuvers everyone, get to that cave entrance on the hill as quickly as I can. I'll try to hold them off!" Suddenly more Unbent revealed themselves as they exited various other unsearched huts, or out from underneath rubble. It was essentially a death trap in this valley, they had only a small amount of time before they would be completely overrun. The distance between them and the cave entrance wasn't too great they couldn't make it, but it was unlikely that they would get there without encountering a few of these monsters along the way. Should Hato or Yumi attempt to look back they would see Kaen preparing some jutsu and a great multitude of Unbent rushing from every direction with only one goal in mine, feed...

[OOC MFT]

Last edited:

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
HatoBlitzYumi
HP: 11,638
CP: 6,274
AP: 6.5