Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hunting a Better Lizard [Contract Search]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col]It was not often that Matsu would venture out into the sands with all of his gear upon his person. Buckled in various places among his belts were cables which had unlit lanterns upon them. Tied snug to his frame, they were for when he ventured down into the depths. Various other bottles of water, acids, poison, and otherwise were attached to various other cables and pouches as well to help ensure his survival. Affixed to his face was also a peculiar mask quite unlike what Anbu typically wore. It was more reminiscent of a plague doctors mask, but it had artistic details about it that were less practical than they were fashionable. Unlike his typically feathered hat was a more wide brimmed selection with feathers coming off the back opposed to the more side-feathered wear. Additionally, he wore no spurs upon his boots this day for he was hunting and did not wish to give his position away. Given himself a final once over to make sure everything was prepared properly, Matsu ventured out to the world above. He'd heard rumours that in an offshoot cavern that had been isolated due to a cave in had a potential carnasaur nest. Matsu loved nothing more than to gather their metals for various dyes, weapons, armors, and more. Feathersteel glass is what they called it and Matsu was a fervent collector. His tattooing equipment, his family sword, and various other pieces of metal on and in his body were made of the material. Between his potential addiction to carmot and hunting down sandworms, his second love was to follow carnasaurs. Both were exceptionally dangerous game, but he reveled in the hunt and the potential bloodshed. It had been so long since he bathed himself in another's exsanguination.

Pulling his gloves more taught, Matsu continued across the sands in the direction he'd been indicated. Perhaps he was being watched? He was an oddity out in the world like this. Swiftly, he would find himself what he could only assume was the entrance. Well, it very well could be something else entirely, but he was one to assume and let adventure take him somewhere new if need be. Carefully he would begin to descend into the cavern. Curiously, as Matsu's eyes adjusted to the darkness and his foot planted firmly on level ground, gemstones began to illuminate a stairwell down. Cautiously, Matsu began to make his descent as his eyes narrowed behind his mask. He was always wary of when the world around him started acting in a way he was not prepared for. His village often had luminescent crystals, but something of this scale was simply beyond the regular level of the world without a forced hand.

Nervously. Wait, nervously? Matsu was almost never nervous. He drew his sword from its scabbard an applied his grip as he lifted a lantern from his belt. Gripping the top of it, it sprung to life and huffed in the eerie light of the crystals helping to illuminate the area more. His eyes scanned about. Something about this whole ordeal was bothersome. What was it that was making his hackles raise? Was there something out in the darkness? Matsu's feet once more found purchase on somewhat level ground as a cavernous tunnel stretched out before him with sporadic bouts of light. Matsu approached with a trepidation he reserved towards hunting carnasaurs, but something was different enough to have put him on edge in this hunt. Something was quite off from his normal expeditions. Even his family sword was drawing in the light around it as if it wished to extinguish the world around it and simply suffer into darkness, never to be seen again. Would this be Matsu's fate? Not yet. Not now. Perhaps, though, by the end of this tale it would be the case.

(Using my assured Contract Search purchased Here. It's for Lizard. Cause I'm a doofus.)
(WC: 641)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:|
[legend="[glow=#55141C][b][size=5]A Simple Madman[/size][/b][/glow]"]
GvD6SCU.jpg

Name: Matsu
Epithet: Perhaps...violence?
Height: 5'10"
Build: Lean
Eyes: Black sclera, red irises
Blood Type: O Negative
Personal Data
Stamina: Unknown
Chakra: Unknown
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
Draughtbane, Blade of the Shifting SandsWeapon EquippedEnjoy~Mood Music[:ELEMENTAL AFFINITIES:]
  • Earth Major / Minor Affinity
  • Fire Major / Minor Affinity
  • Water Major / Minor Affinity
  • Wind Major / Minor Affinity
  • Lightning Minor Affinity
  • None-Elemental Minor Affinity
  • Vapor Minor Affinity
  • Poison Major / Minor Affinity
  • Scorch Minor Affinity
  • Shadow Minor Affinity
Affinities
X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Now, now... No need to be hasty young skinback." The reply came from the man's left. Perched on the wall sat a lizard, his scales old and shifty, giving him the appearance of having wrinkles on his frame. When the man were to look at the source of the voice, he would see a rather large lizard sitting on all fours and with a pipe in his mouth, every few seconds a plume of smoke would exhale from his nostrils. The lizard was by all appearances an elder and therefore he moved with a soft pace as he started climbing down the wall towards the man. This lizard was known only as Kudo a craftslizard with a penchant for brilliant gemworks. As the lizard would move closer and closer into the man's lantern light. If he was being observant he would notice that the reptile was wearing an old tattered red cloak that rested around his neck and a pickaxe that lay in a holster over his back. As another plume of smoke bellowed forth from him the reptile gave a small chuckle. Still pressing on with an aura of determination closer and closer as he then began to speak. "Ahhhh, down here to steal gems? Or something a little more sinister? In any case skinback, you must be hot wearing all of that clothing."

Finally the lizard was standing (still on all fours) in front of the man, eyeing him up and down for a few moments before standing up on his two hind legs. His knees wobbled briefly but once he had gotten his footing he grabbed the pickaxe off of his back, using the wooden handle as a base and placing his hand on the metal part, essentially creating a cane. The lizard had seen many a man meet a foul end down in these caverns, and as he continued eyeing the man he finally noticed the sword clutched tightly in his hand. "Ohhh... That is a fine sword. Brilliant craftsmanship. I suppose then you were down here to hunt the creatures that find this place their home?" The lizard nodded at this point and reached back again, a small pouch hidden under the back folds of his cloak was revealed and then Kudo pulled a small tiny bottle with a wooden cork forth. Popping it the lizard took a deep pull from it and then let out a gasp of satisfaction. "I tell you boy, nothing beats the warm sake made by my brother. Would you like a taste?" He gestured forth and offered the bottle towards the man.

Kudo had little distrust for skinbacks, most that he had met with evil plans and thoughts swirling about in their heads were the ones most quickly to disappear and never be heard from again. If this man truly wished the lizard any harm, well... It would be his own mistake. The lizard wait patiently with his scaly hand outstretched, to see what the man would do next.
<i>
</i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col]Matsu's eyes narrowed as he heard the voice and he stopped on his heel. Taking in a deep breath, he turned to pivot and face where the voice was coming from. His eyes widened a bit more from behind the mask. He'd never met any talking animals such as this. It was definitely something entirely new to him. "I was hunting. I'd been given word that this network of caverns was perhaps isolated due to what we call a Carnasaur. Big, hungry reptiles that superheat sand and make what we call feathersteel." Matsu would nod down to his sword and remove his hand from it. He eyed the other creature carefully, but began to take on a more docile stance upon being offered booze. He looked up at the illuminated crystal stairway and then back down at the bottle and nodded. He reached out and took the bottle from the lizard. Carefully, with his free hand, he would remove his mask from his face and head revealing a completely bald head that was covered almost entirely in Runic Terran scripts of warding against various creatures. "Thank you. I have some spare feathersteel in my pack. You see quite astute towards metallurgy and craftsmanship. Would you perhaps like some? I tend to work almost exclusively with it at this point."

He found it odd that he was so talkative, but he had never met such a creature. It didn't seem hostile towards him. He felt no need to be hostile towards it. His job was to protect and hunt. This lizard seemed far from dangerous at this point. "I am Takahashi Matsu. I am cousin to the leader of my village. I am a hunter, teacher, and craftsman." His bright red eyes focused on the lizard as he smiled. He lifted the bottle up and took a good deep pull that was maybe 3/4ths what the lizard did. He worried that it'd be quite strong, not that his poison tolerance was lacking. He just found himself somewhat cautious as this other creature was somewhat alien to him. "If such rumours had been true, I was going to collect more materials and deal with the creature if I ran into it. Their bodies are quite useful."|
[legend="[glow=#73e29a][b][size=5]Plague Bearer[/size][/b][/glow]"]
GvD6SCU.jpg

Personal Data
Stamina: 48,000
Chakra: 30,000
Fight Data
Belt Pouch
-Black Lotus - Heavy
-Heaven's Touch - Heavy
Belt Pouch
-Iron Vein - Heavy
-Serpent's Blood - Heavy
Backpack
-Plexistim - Strong
-Mustard Gas - Heavy
-Twilight Venom - Weak
-Blood Pill x 3
-Health Pill x 3
Headset
-Botulinum Toxin - Strong
Weapon Holster - Draughtbane, Dark Blade of Shifting Sands
Weapon Holster -
Equipment
[:ELEMENTAL AFFINITIES:]
  • Vapor Minor Affinity
  • Scorch Minor Affinity
  • Metal Major / Minor Affinity
  • Shadow Absent
Affinities
Enjoy~Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taking the bottle back from the man and placing it back in the pouch, the wizened reptile put his elbow on the pickaxe and crossed his scaly hands over his chest, closing his eyes and nodding ever so often all the while forceful plumes of smoke bellowing from his nose. When the man had finished speaking, the lizard laughed out loud. Shaking his head and pointing one claw at him he said, "Ohooo. You got a lot of guts skinback! I ain't seen one like you in a loonngg time." He lowered his claw and by this point had also handed back the man his sword, taking his attention back to the memories of it's gleaming earlier. "Aye, that is a nice weapon indeed. But my trade comes from the beautiful and rare gems that lie in these deep caverns. Your metal would be a waste on me." The fact that the man was also a master craftsman won a lot of points with old Kudo, and he felt less threatened. The lizard's eyes trailed up and down the man for a second, observing the tattoos that covered his visible body parts. Runic Terran, a skinback language that had been around for as long as even Kudo could remember. He had picked up a few phrases from going to obscure black markets and gambler's dens. "Matsu... Was it? I'm afraid you've come at a pretty bad time. Most of the beasts that you speak of are on the most lower levels of the cavern. Now, I think you have the potential to earn my trust boy, and through doing so I think you will find that the benefits far outweigh the negatives."

At this point the lizard turned away from the man and pointed down the hall, resting both claws back on the pickaxe as he said, "Down that way, and through treacherous halls and rooms you will find the beasts that you seek, I may act as your guide if that is what you want. However, may I also suggest that I take you somewhere you've never seen before? I think you will find that it will be well worth your time. In any case the choice is yours and will be yours." At this point, the lizard had said everything that had needed to be said and grabbed the sake bottle again from his bag. Taking another large swill and coughing a few times, the lizard thought long and hard about this man. Kudo was quite good at first impressions and was often not wrong about the few and far between skinbacks that he had encountered in his days. Could it possibly be that this man was capable of great things? Hmmm, that still lay uncertain in the reptile's mind. But even still he had high hopes.

The lizard looked back at him carefully analyzing his face to see what he would do. . .
<i>
</i>
OOC said:
Alright so you have two options,

A) Allow Kudo to guide you deeper into the caverns to seek the Carnasaurs.
or
B) Allow Kudo to guide you to a place currently unknown to you.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col]Matsu coughed once or twice as he stomached the sake. It definitely was stronger than most things he had drank. He definitely enjoyed drinking and if he could get on the good side of this individual then perhaps they could be friends. "Thank you again for that gift. If you feel the second way is worth my time, then I will go that route with you. It is the least I can do for the gift since my wares are of no use to you. I would be happy to earn your trust. I've...never actually met anyone such as yourself. We've oddities such as those with multiple bodies above and those stitched together with intangible silks, but not anything like you. Definitely few as kind." He would smile a bit. He did mean it. He didn't get along with many of those in his village for various reasons. He felt that they were monsters, most of them, and that he was not. He simply was blessed by the sun.

"Would you like to lead me or direct me? I am happy to put you at ease by putting my back to you if you so request." He affixed his blade once more and tied it tightly. The lanterns on his belt loops were still glowing with their dull light. They were moderately eerie to someone who was no used to such things, but Matsu felt that this lizard definitely didn't care. His body relaxed and he held his smile with hand extend as if to say "after you or after me?" and he sort of just waited. Worst come to worst in the situation, he would have an interesting story and could perhaps seek out this friend at a later point if they were still friends by the end of the whole endeavor. Matsu really had no idea what to be in store for, but how could it be much worse than a Carnasaur? He'd killed a couple, but they were truly terrifying beasts with very few equals. "Having prepared for Carnasaurs, I am quite curious. The world is made of good stories, or so I've been led to believe. I'm so dreadfully rude. It's a pleasure to meet you. If you wish to divulge your name feel free, but it is unrequired if you wish to keep your privacy."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Option B it will be today.|
GvD6SCU.jpg

Personal Data
Fight Data
Belt Pouch
-Black Lotus - Heavy
-Heaven's Touch - Heavy
Belt Pouch
-Iron Vein - Heavy
-Serpent's Blood - Heavy
Backpack
-Plexistim - Strong
-Mustard Gas - Heavy
-Twilight Venom - Weak
-Blood Pill x 3
-Health Pill x 3
Headset
Weapon Holster -
Equipment
  • Vapor Minor Affinity
  • Scorch Minor Affinity
  • Shadow Absent
Affinities
Enjoy~Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Heh, don't shmooze me skinback!" He said jokingly at the man's words of him being kind, he then also said. "The name is Kudo! I've been around for a very, very long time. Doubt you've heard of me, no one who does ever seems to remember. But in any case, follow me skinback! Don't worry about offending me. I've seen much worse..." With this he would turn around and continuing to use his pickaxe as a cane, he would make his way back out of the opening to the cavern that the man had came in through. When he was standing back out on the dunes and the swirling sands. Kudo would notice that there was definitely a large sandstorm brewing. He had not told the man, but within the bottle of Sake he had drank was an unusual type of herb that the lizard had found on his travels. The herb manipulated the drinker's brain chakras to be much more susceptible to Genjutsu. Kudo had not told the man, and it was known to very few that the lizard was a master of the arts of the mind. He was also immune to the herb's effects because he had been drinking it in trace amounts for years and had a natural resistance to the herbs. As the man would make his way out of the cavern, the lizard would bang the pickaxe on a rock sending a sharp sound through the wind and towards the man. The Genjutsu would place him under a trance that would give the appearance that it was a rather clear day and that the sand storm was not slowly baring down on them.

He would say nothing of this as the man came out and was standing on the dunes. Kudo chuckled softly and looked towards him and began to speak, "Have you ever heard of the legend of the Thatched Mine? A mine located deep within these very deserts that has metal compositions you wouldn't believe boy. I'm going to take you there, if only so you can appreciate the advanced metals a little bit better." This of course was a lie, for the reptile knew that no such mine was spoken of to the skinbacks and that it was impossible for any man to survey every single mile of these harsh sands. Kudo would not tell the man, but deep down he felt that this skinback had the guts and gusto to be able to meet the great Lizard King himself. Ichi the Savage... Heh, Kudo remembered meeting the Lizard Overlord as if it was yesterday when he himself had been only a young eggling.

The man also did not know that Kudo was an emissary, sent forth by the king Ichi to find those few and far between skinbacks that were worthy enough to be judged by Ichi himself. But not dwelling on it anymore, Kudo looked back at the man. "Now, I would like to test your knowledge boy. Would you like to head to to the left, or to the right?"
<i>
</i>
OOC said:
A) Go left.
or
B) Go right.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col]Matsu followed Kudo out upon the surface. His eyes scanned back and forth upon the rolling dunes. A pleasant day. "I am most appreciative. I can speak more plainly if you desire. I've spent much time above and below ground compared to my fellow villagers. It is all I can really do as the black sheep of nobility as it were." Matsu would spit before placing his mask back upon his head. Some mucus had built up while he was below and he needed to get it out before donning his proper gear. He made sure the mask was sealed properly just in case. Any time he was above ground he made sure to be covered properly. The sun warmed his flesh. His arms stretched out above his head as he basked for a moment similar to how reptiles enjoyed the warmth. He stretched to be upon the treacherous sands, but it seemed safe for now. A storm could brew at any point, but it seemed like quiet, clear skies. "I have not heard of such a place, no. Thank you though Kudo. I look forward to the experience." Matsu's smile would remain as he went over one final gear check to make sure everything was attached to him securely.

"Please test away, but I don't really know how well I will do. Let us go to the left? The left handed rule has always done me well below ground." Matsu was curious as to how exactly he would be tested. It seemed like a pleasant walk, albeit potentially far depending on where they were going. Matsu simply didn't know much of anything. He was a craftsman in several fields, a hunter in many as well, and a teacher whose job was to protect his home. Being this far out from home had not been something he'd ever done. He didn't even know that animals could talk. If Kudo were to begin leading him then Matsu would follow. If not, then he would simply wait for some kind of direction. He had said that he would happily lead or be led. He did not care.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Option A this time. Sorry for the lacking post. I have little to work on given I don't know what I'd see to either direction so it's mostly arbitrary.|
GvD6SCU.jpg

Personal Data
Fight Data
Belt Pouch
-Black Lotus - Heavy
-Heaven's Touch - Heavy
Belt Pouch
-Iron Vein - Heavy
-Serpent's Blood - Heavy
Backpack
-Plexistim - Strong
-Mustard Gas - Heavy
-Twilight Venom - Weak
-Blood Pill x 3
-Health Pill x 3
Headset
Weapon Holster -
Equipment
  • Vapor Minor Affinity
  • Scorch Minor Affinity
  • Shadow Absent
Affinities
Enjoy~Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man chose to go left, which was smart because that meant that they were going away from the incoming sandstorm, this meant that the man would have a few more moments of time before they would get caught. Nodding to himself, Kudo pulled his pipe out of his mouth and repacked it while he started walking to the left. The dunes rose and fell like the waves of the ocean. Kudo noted that very few species could survive in this kind of ecosystem, and that it took years of evolutionary precedent in order to have the proper niche. He himself had been travelling these deserts for years, the wrinkled scales on his body and face had been earned through battle and survival. So he was quite comfortable in this kind of weather, he even guessed that this skinback would have more of a knack for being out in this weather. But even he had his limits. Kudo looked back at the sandstorm bearing down on them. It would be here in about fifteen minutes, more than enough time. "In order to truly survive in this forsaken desert, you have to be able to adapt to anything. that is the skill that I find so many of you skinbacks lacking. Even the ones of you that have trained for years to master the elemental arts, you gain a false notion that you know what it means to live through anything. However, many of you lack the means to truly relish in your circumstances. You find yourselves so reliant on the skills that you learn to master, that you lose your most basic humanities."

He nodded sagely as he continued walking, his pace was as quick as he could make and deep down he felt a little apologetic that he could not go faster but he said nothing out of stubbornness and meandered forth. The area that they were in now was far from any sort of dwelling. Kudo looked back and noted that the sandstorm was about five minutes out at this point. Realizing he didn't have a whole lot of time left he started talking again, "Now boy, I must say that the reasons I brought you out here were to test you in more ways that you could possibly imagine. I recognize something in you that I have not seen in an era. You've got guts kid. I am deeply sorry that I had to hide my true intentions, but just know at the end of this young skinback, The rewards will far outweigh the negatives... If you survive." With this the sandstorm was right in heel. Kudo turned quickly, his scaly claws running through a weaving of seals as he used a powerful Sealing Ninjutsu that cut off all potential of elemental arts in the target. Placing his hand on the skinback's leg. The seal would make itself apparent and also would end the Genjutsu on his mind as well.

Diving into the ground and burrowing himself deep, Kudo had just placed Matsu in a middle of a Sunagakure sandstorm, death incarnate without any of his Ninjutsu...
<i>
</i>
OOC said:
There's a method to my madness I promise you.

Your only option this round? Survive.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col]Matsu simply sighed. What a fool he was. He only had some control over dealing with such reversals of fortune. Well, now he only had the opportunity to survive. He felt somewhat annoyed that Kudo thought he didn't know how to survive. All Matsu did was survive. He was quite unlikely to be anywhere near the age of this lizard, but Matsu thrived where others did not. Matsu's mind hustled through his options as he forced himself forward and up towards the top of a dune. Digging his feet in as low as he could, he would hunker down, but not lie down. Slinging his backpack up around him, he covered the front of his body facing the oncoming storm. He was unaware how dangerous this storm would be, but he made sure not to be on the side opposite so that sand wouldn't fly over and encase him. He was in the open, but it was not common knowledge. One would typical seek shelter on the side that wasn't being bombarded by wind and those that did often found themselves drowned by sand. He would make his stand here and wait it out. He didn't care about covering much else. He was covered head to toe. The backpack was simply out to help protect him were anything bigger and heavier to come flying his way. It was all far from ideal. Matsu snarled underneath his mask as he kept his eyes narrowed behind their lenses in his mask. Digging down as best he could and hoping to anchor himself by keeping low as the winds would be more violent near the ground, Matsu uttered prayers to his lord the Sun. He had survived worse out here. The markings on his body would do nothing right now. They were simply wards that he etched into his own flesh for comfort. Only when he invoked the powers of his deity did they truly glow and become manifest with power.

Fucking Lizard. Trying to get my killed for no damned reason. I'm not going to kill him, but I'll be damned if there isn't something worthwhile at the end of this. I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to trust talking animals. How stupid am I? Fuuuuuuh. His mind raced as he tried to keep himself calm. He would survive or he would die. That was it. That's all it ever was. If he did run into that lizard again he'd be quite agitated. Even with everything he did to be both immune to poisons and the pain of the world this Lizard got one over on him. All Matsu had done was shown kindness and respect and he was treated like absolute filth. Bah. So his mind went and he'd wait, angrily, to die or survive.
OOC: I asked on Discord as well, but if you can give me just a tad more to work with next time. I don't like assuming vectors when I'm not running the ordeal, yanno? So, if I could have an idea of what's around, that'd be lovely for the next post. Beyond that, Matsu is a Jashinist who believes his deity is the Sun which to him is the most unforgiving thing in the world.|
GvD6SCU.jpg

Personal Data
Fight Data
Belt Pouch
-Black Lotus - Heavy
-Heaven's Touch - Heavy
Belt Pouch
-Iron Vein - Heavy
-Serpent's Blood - Heavy
Backpack
-Plexistim - Strong
-Mustard Gas - Heavy
-Twilight Venom - Weak
-Blood Pill x 3
-Health Pill x 3
Headset
Weapon Holster -
Equipment
  • Vapor Minor Affinity
  • Scorch Minor Affinity
  • Shadow Absent
Affinities
Enjoy~Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Buried beneath the sand Kudo could feel an intensity in the man's aura. A semblance of rage growing and building higher and higher. It was to be expected, he had just put the man in a life and death situation that would kill any but the strongest of heart and mind. Little did the skinback understand that it was all for a greater good. Kudo thought back to an old Lizard's folk tale about the great hero that's scales had the magical ability to change to adapt to survive any element that he was put in. Heh... Putting aside old legends though and getting back to the task at hand. The old lizard knew that the man would be seeping with rage when the storm subsided. Which was going to be in around roughly twenty more minutes by his estimations. Kudo had dug himself out a small enclosure enforced with earth chakra that allowed him the room to seat himself into the lotus position. He had put his pipe away to avoid getting poisoned from the lack of oxygen and had put his pickaxe back on his back.

Kudo placed both of his hands together, and closing his eyes he began to focus his energy into the ground under the skinback. This provided him with a sort of tremor sense that would show him any type of movement down to a breath so that he could keep tabs on him. Also, having used his sealing jutsu he had created a type of telepathic connection with the skinback and therefore enabled the link and began to speak into the man's mind. I imagine you aren't all too happy right now skinback. I wouldn't be either. But I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. There's something coming your way. I will describe your surroundings to you but the rest is up to you. Do not consider me some foul trickster boy. You are getting tested by higher powers beyond your silly man gods."
<i>
</i>
Kudo's Mental Link / OOC said:
To your direct left about gen paces is a grouping of rocks that vary anywhere from two feet to five feet in a ten feet radius. Above you is only harsh desert as well as to your right. Behind you is a shrub that anyone with a knowledge of plants would know is a special type of root which can slow your breathing and also numb pain. This root can be crushed into poison for those with a know how and the right equipment. You also note that directly under you is a small silver dagger which by your best guess was dropped by Kudo. In four rounds from this post the sandstorm will end, however in the next round from this post (your reply to this one) you will be aware of a large type of creature heading your way, this creature will arrive in two posts from this mod. The sand is brutal but your mask is doing a good job of helping your breathing. Let me know if this is better this is my first mod on Contract and my first mod in general in a loonnggg time.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col]In Matsu's head he heard Kudo. So, not only was he asking him to basically die, he was also going to taunt him inside his own mind? Matsu grumbled as he made sure he was in an okay place. Noticing the root and the rocks, he had no real time to deal with the roots right now. He knew of poisons and might be able to do something with it, but he didn't really have any of his gear on him to make it worth while. Reaching down, he'd snatch up the dagger and put it onto his person for later. It never hurt to have a secondary weapon. "You are correct that I am unhappy. I've been tested my entire life by higher powers and I'm still here. Then you decide to strip me of my essence and lie to me when all I offered you was my kindness? Pretty fucking shitty thing to do. Higher power beyond my beliefs or not, you'd be quite agitated if I flayed your scales from your body and tossed you to your death, now wouldn't you?"

Matsu made his way towards the rocks while keeping low. It would likely be his best place to actually work from given his restrictions. He couldn't really run at this point. He would need to be able to stage himself so that he could get away from whatever massive thing this was. Hunkering down as he was, if he made it to the rocks, he would try and give himself some respite from the violent sands that were scouring his body. He felt empty inside and this Lizard was to blame. Despite him testing him with powers that were beyond his god and it left him feeling bitter at best in this moment. Perhaps, were he to survive, such a feeling would change.
OOC: It is all good. Just helps if it is relevant. On that note, is it all jutsu period or simply elements as stated before? As Nanjirou and Jashin, those would technically exist somewhat outside of "elemental" but I want to make sure that was flavor of writing over being exact. If the answer is "Try and find out" that is totally fine by me.|
GvD6SCU.jpg

Personal Data
Fight Data
Belt Pouch
-Black Lotus - Heavy
-Heaven's Touch - Heavy
Belt Pouch
-Iron Vein - Heavy
-Serpent's Blood - Heavy
Backpack
-Plexistim - Strong
-Mustard Gas - Heavy
-Twilight Venom - Weak
-Blood Pill x 3
-Health Pill x 3
Headset
Weapon Holster -
Equipment
  • Vapor Minor Affinity
  • Scorch Minor Affinity
  • Shadow Absent
Affinities
Enjoy~Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Matsu was smart to head for the rocks, as they did indeed provide some extra shelter from the brutal sands. Kudo listened intently to what the man thought threw their telepathic link with one another. Unhappy indeed, the lizard couldn't help but chuckle from his dwelling. The young skinback had no idea what the chakra manipulating beasts of these sands had gone through, the wars of the tribes, brutal sandworm attacks that decimated entire populations, plagues caused by the immune breaking heat of the sun. But he also couldn't blame him nor lash out against his harsh words. Skinbacks were a much younger species than most that walked this planet. They were still naive, but had much room to grow. Feeling the tremors in the ground above, Kudo recognized that the boy had moved towards the rocks. Nodding to himself, at least the skinback was using his head. He also had noticed that the man had picked up his silver dagger. Hmm, this was rather unfortunate for the lizard would need it in the days to come. But if Matsu was smart he would recognize that it's composition was rather unique for silver. The dagger was magical and would serve a purpose in the coming moments.

"Now boy, I think you're gonna be able to feel the tremors. There's something wicked heading you way, and we can argue the semantics of kindness while you get gobbled up that is fine with me. Best prepare yourself." Kudo said through the link and grinned. The creature that was bearing it's way down on Matsu was a sand beast known as the "Armored Armaranken" a type of carnivorous ant-eater resembling beast that stood ten feet high from the ground and was covered in a special armored plating. It's tongue was covered in barbs that could dig into prey's flesh and extract their juices. Kudo knew that facing an Armaranken without a sandstorm was a difficult feat on it's own. But he also had faith in this man, the windswept sands had beaten his back before and he had risen to those occasions many times. This would be quite the memory to tell the people of his village someday.

"Be brave Matsu, be strong in your convictions and you will live. Succumb to your senses and let them dictate your life. Listen to the inner survivor, he will show you the way!"

Telepathic Link / OOC said:
So all jutsu are blocked that fall under the particular "Ninjutsu" category, so any Jashinist or Nanjirou technique that is classified as a "Ninjutsu" is blocked off. However any Taijutsu are perfectly acceptable. The creature will arrive in my next mod, the sandstorm will last for another three posts however in the rocky outcropping you feel much better, your visibility is a little bit better and you can no longer feel any stinging pain on your exposed skin. The silver dagger is still a mystery to you, but upon inspection you will recognize that it is not ordinary silver. (I leave the type of silver up to you.) From behind your outcropping you can now see that there is desert like trees a little further ahead, they are quite tall but there are no leaves on the branches and the trunks are gnarled and weak but strong enough to support a human's weight. You can also see what looks too be like a large shadowy outline even further than that. It is very large but that's all you can make out of it currently.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col]Matsu took in a deep breath and took a moment to focus. Was it going to be better to fight here or try and run off further. It was going to be one of those decisions he'd have to make at the time. Sighing deeply, Matsu let himself take a step out of the situation in his mind. He had survived before. He could do it now. He would do it now. Rifling through his various pouches and containers, Matsu removed a very specific vial of opaque liquid. Having placed the dagger elsewhere on his body for safe keeping in his secondary holster earlier, he would remove Draughtbane from its sheath. Whatever this creature was that intended to come for him would get the best lashing that Matsu could deliver. The unnatural looking composition coated his blade as he held it in his left hand. Carefully he removed the dagger from its resting place just in case. It was made of a mysterious silver he would have to inspect later when he had time. He really hoped that he wouldn't be fighting for his life with whatever it was that could cause tremors through the very sand. "We can argue the semantics indeed. I've dealt with enough that I better make it through this. I expect you'll want this dagger back and I can't really give it to you if I die. You've stripped me of my extra tricks, but you must have known I use my hands."

Matsu exhaled as his body shook and his muscles flexed underneath his leathers. He laced his fingers in a particular way around the blade that was unique to his family. Unlike other Nanjirou families, the Takahashi in Matsu's line were expect smiths. They built weapons that were multifunctional. Although Matsu had not found the particular intricacies of his family blade, he knew it held great power. He was as ready as he could be. He narrowed his eyes and attempted to remain as still as possible in hopes that he'd get a drop on the creature and seize the initiative. Muttering one final prayer to his god, the sun, he smiled wide underneath his mask. This would be the ultimate expression of his god, be it life or death. Drawing in deep within himself, inside his mind words echoed in a way that Kudo would be able to hear. "
Ancestors, guide my hand. Let each step I take be yours. Let your hands be my hands. Our blade is the same blade then, now, and on. We are but one in a new frame cycle after cycle."
These words would repeat like a mantra, over and over inside Matsu's head, as he waited.
------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Matsu is as covered as someone can be for this type of deal. He spends much of his time above and below the surface dealing with all manner of dangers. Thank you for the information, however. Matsu has applied Iron Vein to his sword.|
GvD6SCU.jpg

Personal Data
Fight Data
Belt Pouch
-Black Lotus - Heavy
-Heaven's Touch - Heavy
Belt Pouch
-Iron Vein - Heavy
-Serpent's Blood - Heavy
Backpack
-Plexistim - Strong
-Mustard Gas - Heavy
-Twilight Venom - Weak
-Blood Pill x 3
-Health Pill x 3
Headset
Weapon Holster -
Equipment
  • Vapor Minor Affinity
  • Scorch Minor Affinity
  • Shadow Absent
Affinities
Enjoy~Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kudo listened to the prayer with a grin, at least the man recognized that he was interconnected with all things around him, separation was only an illusion. This man would be judged very highly when he took his final breaths and was presented in the afterlife. Kudo recognized that poisoning his sword would be a very big advantage in this fight he faced ahead of him. He chose not to further change his position and kept himself in the rocky outcropping. A smart move for now for he did not know which way the beast was coming. However the giant Armaranken soon lumbered itself into the man's vision. The great beast was blind, this was an evolutionary boon in the constant storms of the desert. But it had adapted by gaining an incredible sense of smell. This was it's only sense it used to navigate the world. Perhaps the man would figure this out and exploit it? The Armaranken was about seven feet from the man at this point...

The beast let out a sudden roar and turned to face towards the man. However the beast was very slow and lumbering so Matsu would have the speed advantage meaning he would more than likely be able to attack first!

Short mod this round I apologize for that. Been a little busy but didn't wanna make you wait. For the purpose of the battle I'm gonna use a DnD style of fighting with a roll20 system. So detail your actions in your next post and then I will roll the actions against the actions of the creature next round and we'lol do this! Any questions please let me know. The sandstorm will last for two more posts.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col]Matsu had hoped he would have more time than that. Holding the blade in a reverse pattern, the curved blade glimmered in the bits of light that made it through the sandstorm. Matsu's body shook as he pushed himself from the rocks towards the beast. His body would rapidly degenerate and repair itself underneath his leathers as he let himself fall to the current of his ancestors. Countless voices would echo in his mind for Kudo to listen. Each would be distinct and giving directions as if Matsu's bad was just a marionette. Matsu's body pulsed as he pushed off, not caring about the sand beating his body. His blade swung out towards one of the beast's legs with an insane amount of speed and precision. He would then attempt to dance across the sand, feet digging into the sand as little as possible. While doing so, Matsu would attempt to elevate himself above the ground towards the head of this beast striking rapidly. Were one to look closely, his blade was shifting from its natural state of a golden brown to a deep red almost black. Blood splattered from Matsu's grip onto ground and flung in every direction as he slashed about. Without thought, he would adopt a main gauche style with the dagger being drawn into his off hand and he would lunge with it at another leg of the massive beast, hoping to see what, if anything, this dagger could do.

All he had to go off of at this point was to strike as violently as possible and surprise it and potentially cause it true damage. He was aiming for what he assumed to be vital, but potentially well protected parts of the body to learn what all he could of the beast. He was unfamiliar with such a creature of this size, but he would make it a major point to learn all he could if he survived. For now his mind was a cacophony of direction as his Ancestors guided him. Were Kudo trying to suss out the chatter, he would have a difficult time of finding Matsu at the center of the bursts of noise in his mind, focused entirely on the bloodshed, despite it only being his own so far, with the kind of glee one finds in a dog that is chasing after something.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: I will note actions here so that it's not just RP above. I went with the 10AP structure to determine what seemed reasonable in one round. If it is all mostly flavor, however, I wouldn't worry about factoring things in. My actual combat build is all kinds of weird, involving bleeding and high melee damage and poisons (which are not a factor here.)

Matsu Activates Wrath Seal - Activated Nanjirou Passive for 2 AP.
Zantetsuken at the beast for 3.25 AP
Higuma at the beast for 3.25 AP
2 Basic Strikes for .75 (1.5 AP)|
GvD6SCU.jpg

Personal Data
Fight Data
Belt Pouch
-Black Lotus - Heavy
-Heaven's Touch - Heavy
Belt Pouch
-Iron Vein - Heavy
-Serpent's Blood - Heavy
Backpack
-Plexistim - Strong
-Mustard Gas - Heavy
-Twilight Venom - Weak
-Blood Pill x 3
-Health Pill x 3
Headset
Weapon Holster -
Equipment
  • Vapor Minor Affinity
  • Scorch Minor Affinity
  • Shadow Absent
Affinities
Enjoy~Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kudo was rather shocked to hear several voices speak through the mental connection that the two were sharing, suddenly it made sense why this skinback put so much stock into his religions. Kudo's mind traced back to the times before the villages, when the samurai clans roamed the lands in search of a home. Among them were the Nanjirou, the most excellent swordsmen and women that had ever lived (or even still lived) to this very day. One of the most interesting and unique traits about this clan was their strong connection with all the Nanjirou that came before them. This gave them great strength and in a way it also gave them the mental strength too. Kudo had to give respect to that, as much as he found the concepts ridiculous.

Meanwhile however, the battle between the Amaranken and the man known as Matsu were locked in a battle of life and death, even without his Ninjutsu to help get him through the fight, that really didn't matter for the man was a masterpiece with a bladed weapon. Matsu had taken out the dagger as well as his sword, and kept the dagger in his offhand as he first leaped at the head of the with a flurry of strikes and then go for the leg with the dagger. Matsu then started to successfully strafe around the beast, his sword strikes to the head had been a little underwhelming due to the thick armor plating, but the strike to the leg had hit a fleshy spot and the beast felt it deep inside (Blade was poisoned good job) with a slow coursing poison moving inside of the creatures body now.

The Amaranken let out a mighty roar, and even a man like Matsu would feel it reverberate inside of his body a little bit, making him slightly more wary of the beast. The Amaranken also turned and shot out it's mighty tongue three different times, swinging it's barbs at the man trying to catch him. Two missed and the third grazed his shoulder but it barely broke skin. The Amaranken also reared up on his hind legs and tried to stomp down on Matsu, but with quick thinking he was able to roll out of the way.

Now was his opening!

The sand is over on my next mod. As far as hits and misses.

Wrath Seal (Good)
Zantetsuken (Hit)
Higuma (Miss)
2 Basic Strikes (Both Hit, Dagger Poisoned beast with unknown toxin.)

On his end he missed most of his hits and only got a partial on one, but you have a small gash in your shoulder. Otherwise completely fine.

You note that the beast looks kinda dinged up from such a powerful attack, and also has a slight limp in his leg as well as poison coursing through his body (unknown to you in character. However begin round 2!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col]Perhaps Matsu would be more cocky if his body wasn't being hijacked by the ancestors that ran in his bloodline. Having put a fair bit of damage into the creature from what he could tell, Matsu rolled out of the way of it stomping all over him. It had caught him slightly, but it was far from being a danger. Now he was aware of its primary means of attacking with its tongue. That would be important in the future. For now, Matsu would attempt to stab deeply at one of the legs on the backside of the massive creature. Having struck true before, his blade would at least be sated. Sizing up his opponent in general, Matsu began to make greater moves. By now he would be able to start opening up with more violent maneuvers on this beast while hopefully keeping it from doing any real damage. He would strike as harshly at its tough, armored flesh as he could hoping to penetrate deep and cause it actual damage. Alternating, he would use both the dagger and his sword to try and cause as much damage as possible. For now he saw no true effect with either weapon, but they both seemed to be doing as effective a job as the other which was a curiosity and and of itself for Matsu.

In the cacophony of voices that Matsu stood, orchestrating each strike with the precision of his ancestors and their shared knowledge, his voice broke clear and through. "I live for these things, Kudo. We don't grow without adversity. While I am still, in these moments, agitated by my perception of being deceived, I can appreciate the challenge. Had you asked me, I would have willingly taken on this challenge! I only use Ninjutsu to further debilitate and cripple or to give myself a challenge. However, my use of blades is without much rivalry in my home. Your restriction just forced me to focus on my strengths. For that, I can say thank you."

Matsu's body would shift as he struck out at the beast. Then, taken a moment, he would ready himself for the eventual slashing from the monster's tongue. He hoped for it, to be fair, as he was prepared to hopefully slice it clean off. If this was its main method of attack then to disarm it would be a great feat.
OOC: Apparently I can't read. I was doing costs of S-Rank Taijutsu and not A-Rank. Deeeerp. So I am just going to consider having 1 more AP this round.

Declare this monster my duel target if it wasn't factored before.

Blood Seeking Blade - +2 Awareness and +1 Accuracy against the victim.

Matsu maintains Wrath Seal
Zantetsuken at the beast for 2.75 AP with dagger
Fatal Draw at the beast for 2.75 AP (not increasing it) when it attempts to use its tongue at me with sword.
Flight Aerial Strike for 2.25 AP with dagger.
Kill Driver for 2.25 AP with sword.
Blood Magic applied to all attacks.
10/11 AP used.|
GvD6SCU.jpg

Personal Data
Fight Data
Belt Pouch
-Black Lotus - Heavy
-Heaven's Touch - Heavy
Belt Pouch
-Iron Vein - Heavy
-Serpent's Blood - Heavy
Backpack
-Plexistim - Strong
-Mustard Gas - Heavy
-Twilight Venom - Weak
-Blood Pill x 3
-Health Pill x 3
Headset
Weapon Holster -
Equipment
  • Vapor Minor Affinity
  • Scorch Minor Affinity
  • Shadow Absent
Affinities
Enjoy~Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suddenly, as if the Gods themselves had played a part in it. During the epic duel between Matsu and the armored beast, the sands began to subside and then falter and then they settled back onto the dunes that surrounded the two foes. Kudo could sense that their battle was shaking the very heavens, and that Matsu had significant speed and power over this beast. However, the armor and stamina of the Amaranken proved it to be a worthy foe indeed. As they circled each other, each one of the two began to exchange much mightier blows, and by the end of their movements both were feeling the waves of fatigue and bleeding wounds that were common in a melee spar. The poison that coursed through the Amaranken's body was beginning to make it's vision dim and it's muscles seize up. The only thing that kept it so bloodthirsty was it's desire for a quick meal. Even if the man were to fall, the poison would eventually make it's way to the beasts heart. So it fought an impossible battle.

From his tiny hole, the lizard smiled. The man was doing much better than expected. But the lizard had one trick up his sleeve he was sure the man was not expecting. As they began to circle one another again, the lizard pressed his hands together. Weaving through mudra seals once again and manipulating his chakra to produce a result. This time, Matsu would notice that his arms began to grow extremely heavy. But his chakra nodes began to fire up again. It would become impossible for the man to hold his sword, let alone raise his arms to be able to weave seals. But Kudo blessed the man with the ability to use Ninjutsu once more. From inside he would begin to speak. "Good skinback good, now show me what a man of your caliber would do if unable to use his sword and struggle to use Ninjutsu? Adapt to survive."

The Amaranken's tongue was hanging on by a few threads by this point, but still able to be used in motorized functions. The battle was not over but it was close, and now the man would be at a severe disadvantage against the savage beast.

You're doing killer, the beasts tongue is still there but barely. You have now been reduced to Ninjutsu of C-Rank and lower do to your arms becoming too weak to weave complex seal combos or hold a sword.

All of your actions were successful, you have the dice gods on your side today. The only one that failed was your Aerial Strike with the dagger which the beast dodge and countered with a kick to your stomach. You are slightly winded now, and your AP has been reduced by 3 to a total of 8 for the next round. The beast also managed to hit you with one tongue strike that landed on your midriff, causing a laceration that is causing light bleeding. The sand has stopped, the beast will fall by the next round if you are clever. I hope you're having fun and once again PM me with any questions.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[col]What a clever, obnoxious lizard. Matsu grumbled as he put his sword away and kept the dagger in his offhand. With his one hand, despite having his chakra sealed off, still had access to his mastery of such things. Snarling a bit more, he narrowed his eyes. At least the sand was no longer beating his body as memories flooded him. Thinking better of it, Matsu stashed the knife away and tried to get some distance between himself and the beast, beginning to move as far from it as possible. His hands came together, fatigued, but pulled together as many seals as they could to direct a negative force into the beast. If he were so lucky, it would start to breaks its immunity down. Following that, more seals would occur and a bottle would open, extracting the purest essence of the mixture. A platonic ideal, in some ways, it would launch itself as needles into the beast and try to drive it further down. Finally, reaching into a pouch Matsu would removed Feathersteel and squeeze it into his hand, breaking it down into a liquid before flinging out out at the gigantic monster. So many poisons at his disposal. Just because he couldn't apply them by hand didn't mean he was helpless. He had other methods for delivery.

Hopefully this would help push the beast over. It must be slowing down and falling apart on the inside. If he needed then he would use more offensive jutsu, but he just wanted to cripple it and slow it down. Keep it away from him. His body ached, but definitely nowhere near what the giant problem was going through. Keeping his attention focused, his body was likely rapidly repairing itself against the damage that was caused to him. He just wanted this to end so that he could go home. He was growing tired of this class and his reservoir of chakra was probably about to start running dry. Then he'd be tapping his life force even more. That was not the result he wanted to encounter. What amazed Matsu, at the very least, was the fact the beast refused to bleed despite his onslaught.
OOC:
Stow both Weapons - 1 AP Total
Immunity Break - 2 AP with Feint.
Venom Needle with Black Lotus - 2 AP used with Focus (+2 Accuracy, +1 crit)
Mercury Poisoning - AP
Matsu maintains Wrath Seal|
GvD6SCU.jpg

Personal Data
Fight Data
Belt Pouch
-Black Lotus - Heavy
-Heaven's Touch - Heavy
Belt Pouch
-Iron Vein - Heavy
-Serpent's Blood - Heavy
Backpack
-Plexistim - Strong
-Mustard Gas - Heavy
-Twilight Venom - Weak
-Blood Pill x 3
-Health Pill x 3
Headset
Weapon Holster -
Equipment
  • Vapor Minor Affinity
  • Scorch Minor Affinity
  • Shadow Absent
Affinities
Enjoy~Mood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With a great shudder, and a cry. The final blow dealt by the man from the sand felled the great armored Amaranken. As it lay on it's side, it looked with pained eyes into the man's. A pained sort of respect if you will. Giving one last great heave of it's chest it's breath was no more and it's eyes clouded over and then all was silent. A slight wind blew over the area, as if singing great tales about the battle that had been fought here. With the dust finally settling, the great barren escapes finally were calm. From beneath it all in his spherical dwelling. The lizard Kudo let out a relieved sigh. Despite his gruff exterior that he had to put on he was pretty grateful that the skinback had made it through this harrowing test. Taking a minute to fall silent, he established another quick link with an entity far off in another world. Communicating through the ancient language of the reptiles as he reported the progress of Matsu to his overlord and mentor. "How is the boy doing? Are you ready for me to bring him to you?" Kudo asked, waiting for a brief moment before a large guttural reply bellowed forth from inside of his head.

"No, not yet. He still has not proven himself truly worthy of my attention. . . Take him, through the Labyrinth. . ."

Kudo grimaced, it had felt like eons since a human had to face the deep dark caverns of the Labyrinth. Taking a deep breath and letting go with a sigh, Kudo nodded. His order was given, and so it would be. He grabbed his cloak and readjusted it on his body and grabbed his pickaxe and placed it snugly back on his back before looking above him. Weaving through a list of handseals suddenly the lizard would shoot through the sand and reappear above the ground and back on the land. Pulling out his pipe once more and loading it, he struck a match and took a deep inhale and back out through the nose. Looking at the man he said, "Heh heh heh, not bad skinback not bad at all! You've done well, only two people that hunted in these lands before you have ever had the glory of slaying one of the great Amarankens. You should consider yourself lucky. Matsu the Beast-Slayer." Finally acknowledging the man for his worth and giving him a true name, he began to speak again.

"Now, I believe it is time to at least speak of my true intentions. A long time ago, when the lands were still war-torn. The relationship between skinback and lizardfolk was wavy and shaky at best. But it was in this very country, that one of the Sunan ancestors saved the lizardfolk from the threat of a great foe. It was that person that first established what is known as a contract. A sort of binding between human and animal that allowed the person to summon us forth from our homes to assist in whatever daunting thing lay before them. I am an emissary of this relationship, and I have tested skinbacks ever since I was a very young hatchling." He smiled pondering and reminiscing back before continuing, "You have been blessed, the lizards now are watching you with anticipation. However, before such a bond can link you to us. You must face one more great thing. I warn you, this next challenge has never been completed by one of your species before... Now, I will heal you of your injuries and release you of the sealings."

Stepping forwards, he pulled his pickaxe off his back and using the blunt end of the handle, slammed it roughly into the chest of the man. Instantly he would feel his strength returning and his wounds closely themselves with the sizzle of chakra aiding them. Once he was sure that the man had his full power, Kudo would speak again. "Best of luck to you boy." He weaved through an intricate series of seals. After a few seconds suddenly a bright red glow encompassed the two of them and in an instant they would no longer be standing on the dunes but in a dark and musty place.

Water dripped off the ceilings and visibility was very low. Matsu would find navigating through this place would be quite dangerous. For any light source would find that it could only penetrate two feet ahead of him. Kudo was breathing heavily, the chakra expunged for this teleportation jutsu weakening him greatly. "Welcome to the great Labyrinth. Created by my ancestors to guard our most secret treasures." Kudo pointed ahead and then said, "Now, I must leave you. For this is your task alone. That way is the way you must go." There was a poof of white smoke, and the lizard was gone.

If Matsu were to utilize a source of light, ten feet ahead of him he would find that the Labyrinth first stretched into three different ways of travel. One directly ahead, and one to the left and right.
<i></i>
OOC said:
Now your second trial begins. Good job on slaying the Armored Beast, tales will be sung of you for years to come.

A) Go straight
B) Go left
C) Go right

There is nothing separating any of the three caverns from seeming different from each other. It is merely up to you to decide what treacheries you will face ahead.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back