Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Living Children [Cabal]

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Because, if they're that dangerous, they would have already killed the people in the room and would be looking for a way out."<i></i> The hospital was a recent addition to the past year, one whose plans Kurisu had studied in detail. The architect behind it had left thorough notes on the various wards responsible for containing dangerous patients. "No alarms have sounded despite the call for help, which means its a contained situation. This is the only door in and out of the ward. If we bashed it in, then we open up the only method of escape since they're sealed in on three sides by solid-stone walls, runes, and seals that prevent them from just walking through thr walls."<i></i>

Kurisu never missed a beat. Although he was only back for less than thirty-six hours, he had spent the better part of that time reading reports from the scattered agents still working in a networked intelligence group. This level of detail was what made him such a dangerous operative in the field, pursuing targets. A single target didn't just perish, but everything around them would evaporate into nothing before the final killing blow would land. It was a mental victory before a physical one.

A voice accosts them through the speaker above the door, and Kurisu looks back at Enzeru knowingly. He had been right this time, but it didn't mean someone couldn't have died.

Passing through the portal, Kurisu makes sure to seal the door behind him with a firm press of his palm and would lead the way to the Nurse's station down the hall where two figures waited. Once more Kurisu produced the worn and chipped ANBU mask, tapping it against his head and making a pointing gesture with it to Enzeru.

"Captain to the new ANBU Guard, Kurisu Ametsuchi, and this is my associate Kagyaku Enzeru."<i></i> The veteran shinobi had lumped Enzeru in with him, falsifying his rank within the village as one of the ANBU. One of the new ANBU, plans that Kurisu had but hadn't put into play yet. Change was coming, but until such a time, he would flash the fancy mask as if it were a badge of authority and keep the village from falling back into chaos. At mention of the Cabal, Kurisu's hand moved to his sword hilt and he resisted the painful urge to just run and slaughter them. That rambunctious notion arrived and vanished just as quickly, remembering his duty and that revenge wasn't the answer he sought.

A sennin?

That caught his attention. From what he had discovered, the ANBU Sennin was a monster that both Katuso and himself were uncomfortable with having around, there was no Medical Sennin, and the Border Sennin, whoever he was had been a hilarious failure at performing his job in watching for attacks on the village. Either of the two Sennin were troublesome. Either Mikaboshi was present, and their problem would escalate into a bloodbath or it was Toraono Kuro, trying to redeem himself and save every life he could.

But these Cabal would be going no where and would remain under strict supervision and heightened guard. Nodding to Enzeru and then to Tsukiko, Kurisu would reply simply, "We're bred for such reasons, Miago-san. Lead the way."<i></i> A casual hand would come to rest on his katana, a glance back to Enzeru warning him to be ready for the worst. Even though they had never worked together, seasoned warriors didn't need familiarity to read body language and sense the tension built in the air. Tsukiko felt threatened, Datsu had retreated to the rear, out of the way, and procedure was being broken if a wanted criminal was being taken anywhere other than a dark cell.

[mft]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
MXMb54l.jpg

Naganisa

Naganisa's eyes crossed as they focused on the tip of the Toraono's blade. "No? You are no fun..." she pouted as she was denied the easy escape option. From the side, another path had apparently snatched a bathrobe and passed it over to her. A bit unseemly to consider that both they and the woman had coverings available but could not be bothered to provide her with one until now. She was a slab of meat until she became mobile -- hypocrits or perverts, sometimes it was hard to tell the difference.

"It is good that you have awakened and I thank you for the offer of a kiss but we already have a woman or two in my life. I have also seen what you can do in battle and already endured the effects. Now, as I understand it, you want to escape and live free on your own terms. I would see you free after a service to somewhat compensate Sunagakure, but simply allowing you to escape after all that has befallen the village... THAT is something that is beyond my power. I do humbly ask you to reconsider my offer. I will not harm you so long as you release my avatar from your embrace otherwise I will be forced to use nonlethal force to restrain you."</B><i></i>

Naganisa's finger's extended stiffly as she bent her wrists upward exposing her palms to the Sennin. "Have it your way,"<i></i> she capitulated as she nodded her head in the direction of the Yamanaka. She was not dumb, she knew that everyone here wanted her dead... or worse, the Sennin likely not an exception but at least he was making a show of wanting otherwise. She took the robe and pulled her arms through the wide sleeves with a sneer across her face. "My willingness... my consent... none of it matters because I will never leave this place alive, I know that. And YOU, are either a lair, overstepping your authority or about to suffer a mutiny." Naganisa explained as the robe fell down her back. She was shorter than whoever this robe was made for, the bottom touched the floor and left a short train behind her. They were arguing in HER brain, each claiming authority over the other. "I have no reason to deny you, all you are asking me to do is change jobs. I work for you... I work for them... I work for whoever is strongest--" Naganisa's statement was cut short as something jammed into her back -- well her shoulder. Three inches below the olecranon process on the deltoid was the proper place for an intramuscular injection. Not the back, or the shoulder where the scalpula resides and where the needle scraped painfully against bone. Yes, the medicine would be injected, it would enter her bloodstream but the effect would be far from immediate.

"Fucking coward bitch!"<i></i> Naganisa snapped as her knees buckled but she did not fall. What did the Medic think would happen even if she rammed it into her ass, a much larger target. Drugs take time to reach the bloodstream, she would know... she was an exert. In fact, it did not matter what she shot her up with, it would never take effect before her body burned away the taint. Not that she would admit that.

"See? Offer her an inch and she wants a mile. I certainly hope this proves the lack of wisdom in offering her any form of freedom."

"As if Suna would have won at the gates without my fucking betrayal!" Naganisa screamed at the Medic as she wheeled around to face her. She had been fine for a long time, resting and waiting. If she thought she could take her in a fight, she was sorely mistaken. "Everyone here talks like they know me, they know what I will do. You barely have a clue where your own authorities lie. Fighting like kids, trying to screw with my brain. Who cares about jurisdiction and scope? You don't even know which direction your own asses are facing!"
Helping them at the gates was a mistake, a mistake she was going to suffer for now.

Trusting and protecting Homura was a mistake, a mistake she was going to suffer for now.

Telling these bickering brats to sod off until they know what they are going to do, a mistake she was going to suffer for now.

<B>"If you are going to make some sort of contract or deal with me, get on with it. A lady has to work,"<i></i> she stated defiantly to everyone. "If you are going to fight between yourselves, let me spend some quality time with the other loons so I can start smearing my crap on the walls like a model maniac."<i></i> By now, it was likely that others have entered the scene. The ruckus made over headsets and the brouhaha coming from this room would have attracted others by now. She grabbed the tail of her bathrobe belt and wrapped it around her waist and started to tie it closed.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro grasped her with telekinesis and turned her about to look her directly in the eyes with his Mangekyou Sharingan active he used temple of nirvana upon her to put her to sleep. Kuro then looked to the Yamanaka remaining and nodded in thanks before explaining. "The sedative was a good idea, but it never would have worked because her true bloodline allows her to control all poisons, toxins, and neurological agents, she is not human, she is actually a descendant of great terror that was also imprisoned by the first men and the ancients. I am taking her because I am the only one who has any chance of getting anything besides destruction out of her and Suna will get justice, that I promise all of you but I WILL NOT STAND FOR ANYONE TELLING ME MY JOB OR HOW I FAILED OR ANYTHING ELSE ON THE MATTER!! NONE OF YOU SUPERCEDE ME OR THE NEEDS OF THE VILLAGE!! Now use your abilities and all that the gods have given you to help those whom are still suffering from the acts of the CABAL instead of wandering what the hell it is I am doing to rectify the betrayal our village has suffered."<i></i> Sharingan Kuro released his telekinesis upon Naganisa and placed her deeply genjutsu'd form over his shoulder and carried her on his shoulder as Akuma Kuro took the lead and Sanryoukyougan Kuro placed his sword reverently in a sheath upon his back. As they turned their back upon the Yamanaka male they walked out the door headlong into Kurisu,Enzeru, and Tsukiko. The third lady was someone he needed to see anyway. Akuma Kuro and Sanryoukyougan Kuro stepped forth to talk to Tsukiko while Sharingan Kuro walked past the lot of them with Naganisa in. The others would talk amongst themselves it was time that Naganisa was brought to understand the mess she had helped cause and the only way to redeem herself and be free. If nothing else she would earn a glimpse of why she was stuck in such a fate and die in madness.

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kurisu's explanation certainly made some sense, now that Enzeru knew there was no other exit. He nods to the other and steps to a wall, leaning against it while they wait. This was not his domain, but he would likely offer some advice on how to better handle situations in the future if those in charge were willing to listen. He hoped only that the people leading this village were capable and sensible and not apt to making rash decisions on a whim or ignoring those outside of their native home. Soon enough someone gives orders, and with that look thrown his way Enzeru can only nod. Some messages needed no words.

The two enter the room, Enzeru staying just slightly behind and to the left of Kurisu, perfect if someone accosted the other. Most fighters were right handed, and so the best way to dodge was often to your own right, their left. This would leave a clear shot for Enzeru if something did occur. He lets Kurisu do the talking, but as the woman mentions a Sennin interfering with things and potentially freeing a deadly prisoner he could see the sense behind the call.

Then screaming begins. A woman, at first, screaming of betrayal. Enzeru shifts his stance and the bow comes to hand with an ease that is beyond practice, something so natural that it truly has become part of him. Then a man begins to yell, causing Enzeru to form several seals with his free hand. A white mask appears on his face, with dark blue lines tracing out the guise of a hawk. The blue eyes coming from the holes in that mask are no longer kind, they are the cold and deadly stare of the bird itself. His gaze was often compared to such, as if those he was looking at were simply prey to be removed. He waits patiently as the man yells about his job and position and the needs of the village.

As several people exit and begin talking, one tried to step past and would find his way barred by Enzeru, arrow nocked to his bow and his eyes boring into the man. ”I cannot let you take that woman from here.” His hand once more forms several seals, this time a blockade rising around the group that would keep those in, in and those out, out. He had no idea who any of these people were, but the head mednin made mention that the Sennin was a male, and the prisoner a female. That meant these two matched.

And that meant they weren't going anywhere. A position in a village did not mean you got to be a fool with it. The screaming earlier merely make Enzeru confident that this man was acting for himself instead of the village, and unless Kurisu asked him to do otherwise, he would continue to block the other from exitting.

(Jutsu used is master rank Black Blockade, for the record.)

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Being faced by the erratic patient startled Kitare, making her stumble backwards and trip, smacking the back of her head against the lower cabinets as she lands on the floor. The moment the pen released the injection she knew she had missed her target on the arm and hit bone. A part of her took comfort in the fact that while Naganisa wanted out of the hospital, like any sane person would, she also knew that as a point of survival it was safer within. The news of her betrayal at the gates put the Yamanaka sister on edge; if she was willing to betray so easily, she could not be trusted with an iota of power. There were special techniques for caring for those as dangerous as she. Slightly out of sorts from the bump on the head, Kitare struggles to stand, watching as the Sennin drops her patient into a sleep and attempts to walk out the door with her.

~~***~~

Truth be known, Tsukiko was a little leery of the actions her Yamanaka coworker had taken. But she stood up for the staff and trusted that she made the right call; as raised voices reached them, she knew it had been better to be safe than sorry in this instance. For a moment she had desperately hoped that she was wrong and that the issue was with Naganisa alone, that their Sennin had been aiding the siblings in an official medical capacity, but that was becoming less likely with each echoing word. Hands shoved deep in her lab coat pockets, she stands tall, chin out as she looks up to the two that had approached her.

Akuma and Sanryoukyougan Kuro. I’ve done my research and know all about you, but the conversation about my obsessive interest will have to wait. What in the nine backs of Barnyx are you doing interrupting a diagnostic?

She would do her best to keep out of the ANBU’s way while still attempting to maintain a sense of authority; she was the most senior staff member on the scene and knew that airing her personal grievances would be inappropriate in this circumstance. Datsu, on the other hand, wasn’t waiting to see what the Sennin’s story was. He pushed passed everyone and b-lined for his sister, cupping her face in his hands and calling her to focus.

Kitare…. Kitare, look at me. What was wrong? Why did you move?

One. Two. Three long blinks and the redhead finally focused on her younger brother with relief that said ‘you got the message.’ Reaching up, she places her hands to his temples and the lock eyes, sharing the memories that had occurred within Naganisa’s head. Datsu had always been so trusting, so kind of others in giving them the benefit of doubt and it hurt him to realize that he had been both wrong and right in his assessment. He wanted the issue to originate solely with their patient but the assertions and bravado from the Sennin coupled with the words he had heard bellow down the halls hurt his heart. Taking one of her arms over his shoulder, he helps his sister stand and walks her to the chair he had been sitting guard in. Once she was settled, he walks back to the door with balled fists, shaking and confused.

You are offering her freedom in exchange for her assistance to the village? You think we can trust her after she slaughtered so many civilians? Had she limited her kill count to shinobi and those who went looking for a fight I could have understood, but you desire to strengthen and enable our enemy… for what? To PROVE WHAT? YOU INTRUDE ON A PATIENT AND POTENTIALLY PUT MY SISTER AT RISK… FOR WHAT?

That’s enough Datsu. Go care for your sister. NOW.

She had let him say his piece, knowing the passion the siblings had in their works but refused to allow him to participate in this encounter. For a second it would appear that he wanted to argue but the sidelong glance he was cast through brunette bangs silenced any open opposition. With a low grumble, the azure-mopped man turned back into the room to see to his sister, rubbing her arms and making small talk. Now the ANBU, Tsukiko, and Kuro’s were alone in the hall. There was still a chance to diffuse the situation but that window was likely closing.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Blustering roars of bravado carried out towards the group as they approached the designated room. Immediately, an itch began at the front of his mind as something tainted was nearby. While demons and beings who had made dark pacts were not uncommon, they set off a danger sense buried deep within Kurisu's being and warned him to their presence. Several handseals raced as Kurisu flipped the switch to his memory-writing ability. Two imposing figures stepped from the room, stopping in front of the group, but were instantly forgotten as a third exited with a body slung over its shoulder.

Lithe form...dark hair, numerous braids and decorations...pale complexion...sharpened nails...This is Naganisa

Reports of the Cabal had compiled details on the group, but only two had been female; one of the two being completely speculative in nature. The other one had been a high priority threat led around by the hand of another Sunan. This woman had ravaged innocent people, caused so many deaths that drains had literally run red with their blood. Random poisonings were still occurring all over the village. Pranks she had set to entertain her insane hunger for chaos. Enzeru acted first and Kurisu was glad for that, playing the role of ANBU set to him, but he was beginning to see it might have been more than just an act. A younger, more rash Kurisu might have taken to fight before speaking, but age had taught him a slower approach was often better.

With the Yamanaka out of the way, the Captain angled himself in such a way that he maintained position just ahead of Enzeru, in the same formation they had walked in, adjusting for the side Kuro's forms were on. Thanks to Tsukikio's affirmation, this was indeed the second sennin, and his dark aura made Kurisu's mind wince.

"Relinquish the prisoner back into the custody of the Med-nin and stand down, Border Sennin."<i></i> Not using the man's name was a sign of disrespect from the highly disciplined Kurisu, a man whose life had been nothing but rules, regulations, and respecting his elders in service. Fingers curled around his katana's hilt and in a slow draw, he freed the blade from its sheath. The first few inches were metal, but as it left its housing, it shone in a brilliant white light, a glowing blade of luminescent energy that contained shards of the weapon throughout; constructed by Kurisu's will and light. "I am Ametsuchi Kurisu, and I take my orders from the Kazekage, the Steward, and Mother Suna. You are neither man and you certainly do not have the figure to be The Mother. Relent or be detained by force."<i></i>

At the rest, his blade grazed the tiled floor, cutting perfectly through it without any force. A stern face meant that he was in no mood to argue or debate the situation. There were wrongs here and he would correct them by whatever means the Border Sennin would force him to use.

"These are your options. Pick wisely and with haste."<i></i>

[Master Rank Snap Shot used~]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
MXMb54l.jpg

Naganisa<i></i>​

More people entered. She did not know any of them, but it was no surprise

"The sedative was a good idea, but it never would have worked because her true bloodline allows her to control all poisons, toxins, and neurological agents, she is not human, she is actually a descendant of great terror that was also imprisoned by the first men and the ancients. I am taking her because I am the only one who has any chance of getting anything besides destruction out of her and Suna will get justice, that I promise all of you but I WILL NOT STAND FOR ANYONE TELLING ME MY JOB OR HOW I FAILED OR ANYTHING ELSE ON THE MATTER!! NONE OF YOU SUPERCEDE ME OR THE NEEDS OF THE VILLAGE!! Now use your abilities and all that the gods have given you to help those whom are still suffering from the acts of the CABAL instead of wandering what the hell it is I am doing to rectify the betrayal our village has suffered."

Feathers... White Feathers... Falling from the sky...

How strange, her hands cannot touch them.

Her eyes were getting heavy...

Hands still on the ends of the bathrobe tie her knees buckle and everything goes black.
There was little to say as the woman slumped over only to be picked back up by the Sennin. A genjutsu such as this would only have a temporary effect and she had no idea what the Sennin was talking about but she was never given the option or the opportunity to respond. Tensions thick in this room, perhaps it would have been more prudent to keep her awake and hope that she would assist him in a fight if things came to it. Why he was willing to go against the will of a community, when even a 'righteous' man who was steadfast in his belief would have conceded to the will of the many. Her end would be swift now more than likely or this was going to be the beginning of a dangerous new adventure for the Sennin.

What Happened?</B>
  • <B>
  • I am unconscious so I have nothing to do but sleep and possibly drool on the Sennin's shoulder. =(

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akuma wiped his face in anguish as more and more people forced his hand so he went with diplomacy first. "I mean none of you any harm, had you witnessed what I have and been forced down so many alternate paths to save lives you would not stand against me but since all of you do I will show you why I need this particular woman as a weapon against our enemies. Kurisu-san your light is anathema to my blood so I ask you to confer with Sanryoukyougan Kuro as he can talk with you and tell you of our circumstances without causing you any pain, masked one I don't know you but if you can watch this holographic jutsu it will replay all that has befallen Suna from day one and then you can all decide whether you really think I am wrong and you all have some right to stop me or you can come along, ask your questions, and help me." With a sense of sorrow Sanryoukyougan Kuro explained everything from the start of the invasion, the taunts from Cabal members and the lives lost at every turn despite those he managed to save. The destruction of the Maw of Baranyx caused when he called their bluff, facing their bombadiers in the dojo, in the training halls, the communications room, the bakery, the tunnel to the dojo, the taunting in the bar and Naganisa pointing out the exit and helping so many escape the remaining bombs. He demonstrated his knowledge of her crimes and her attempt at redemption. Kuro also explained how he knew what she was truly capable of and if he could just get through to her he would be able to determine the people or persons whom sent the Cabal. The Cabal hadn't just infiltrated Suna, they knew secrets only other Sunans knew which meant not only benefactors from the outside but actual betrayal from within. Urufuu would never respond to anyone but Yume, Saiga wanted Kuro dead, Kuro wanted Kaito's soul, his only chance at finding those whom had attacked Suna lie within Naganisa's tortured heart. "If you would deny Suna a chance at justice then take the girl away and lock her away where she will eventually escape and destroy the lives of all in her way until I am forced to seal her or worse destroy her. Or allow me to train her, earn her trust, and through her find those whom attacked Suna through the Cabal's efforts and MAKE THEM PAY...The choice is yours."<i></i> Kuro did not voice his true anguish that these psychophants would dare claim to know his brother's heart before he did. That they had endured more than he, sacrificed more than he had, fought harder than he had. THEY WOULD CLAIM TO KNOW MOTHER SUNA AND NOT EVEN KNOW THE HISTORY OF THE ANCIENTS. NO Kuro no longer cared what the sheep thought of the lion that kept the wolves at bay, if they wanted to keep him from Naganisa then so be it. It would make his job much harder but as it stood he could no longer wait on the meanderings of others when those whom had wronged Suna were out hiding their tracks and covering their asses so that no one could point the finger at them. Akuma Kuro released his holographic jutsu after displaying all he could without invading anyone's minds, he had enough of that at the moment after using his Sharingan to keep Naganisa at bay. Kuro waited for the collected masses to make their decision since they knew what to do.

MFT
WC: 602

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Arguing happened. The men argued with the women, the women argued with each other, someone argued with someone else about a sister. And through it all those blue eyes bored into the as-yet unnamed sennin standing before him, seeming to glow slightly under the mask he wore. A trick of the light, perhaps. The bow did not waver, arrow pulled taut and ready to aim with only a simple movement. It was not pointed, as yet, at the man holding an unconscious woman. He would give one more warning before that happened.

Tsukiko seemed conflicted about something, but it was obvious that she was standing up for her position here, but the other one, a younger man, seemed to be more vocal about things. And then she once more took charge, something Enzeru could appreciate. It was not easy to do so against the more hotheaded people in this world.

Kurisu, meanwhile, seemed to agree with the Kirigakurian's decision because he pulled a blade free and was maintaining position with Enzeru, speaking to the man that his authority was not what it was thought to be. And he merely confirmed for Enzeru that this was, indeed, the Sennin and the prisoner. Those blue eyes remain on Kuro, waiting for the slightest movement. He was patient.

But Kuro surprises him with a technique he'd never seen before, flashing the scenes before him that this woman committed with her fellows. And in the end saving some, but not making up at all for all of the evil and pain she committed before that. Then the Sennin speaks once more, explaining their choices. Let him pass, let him train this woman who killed innocents...or stop him and take her back. The sound of a bow sliding back onto his shoulder is heard, the arrow vanishing back into his quiver and the masked man moving towards the larger Sennin.

”Of those choices, I choose the one that makes sense. This woman is dangerous, too dangerous to be trained to greater power. Your guilt, your inability to stop this, does not give you the right to further endanger your home. Stand down. I shall escort her to her room.” He looks to Kurisu, nodding once to the man. Some messages needed no words.

He takes the woman from the man, hefting her up and carrying her around the other. Just before entering the room they came out of, however, one hand drops to his side and comes up with an odd throwing dagger with the face of a demon on it. It was a practiced motion, something he was obviously used to as the blade flashes quickly across her throat to sever the carotid arteries going right to left before plunging as deep as possible into her heart.

Both of you are wrong. Someone who kills people for fun, someone who tortures and mains for their kicks, does not deserve redemption nor care. They deserve the final embrace that brings an end to such things.” He looks between the three before him; Sennin, ANBU and Mednin. ”Perhaps such things would not have happened if you learned this lesson sooner.” Enzeru drops the body, his bow suddenly back in hand and arrow nocked. Should any step near, they would find that weapon pointed right at them.

”She dies.”

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gripping her head between two fingers, Tsukiko massages her temples as she grumbles. This was testing her patience and the shouting was trying on her nerves. She had been restricted to the hospital for the majority of the Cabal occupation, taking naps in corners and drinking stimulants to keep her conscious. The words prattled around her and she half watched the projection, mostly aware of the patient’s actions through word of mouth. She had wanted to leave her and all of the Cabal members to die at the dojo but the cease fire and directions to patch them up so they would be ready for interrogation meant that she had orders. She wondered what would have happened if that Nanami doctor hadn’t been there… could she have gotten away with euthanizing them? Not likely as Yume would have urged for her estranged Uncle to have been cared for. This moment was inevitable and all she cared about was a semblance of order returning to the ward.

Men. They were good for few things in her book and this situation was starting to provide proof that maybe talking was something they were capable of. Maybe. With a heavy sigh, she shakes her head to leave the men to talk and enters into the room to see how her psychwarders were holding up. The siblings stopped talking in hushed tones when she entered and looked her way. Ignoring the obvious question of 'what now?', she leans against the wall and tries to act natural.

How are you two doing?

Well enough. You're letting them take over like this, ma'am?

It's not so much them taking over as it's them helping us follow protocol. My last orders were to keep her alive until she could be interrogated. If part of that process was releasing her to the Sennin, I would have expected that order to be issued before leaving the scene. We were all standing there. Fact is, she was sent with me so... we do our job. I'm a little glad she's not dead. We don't need a ghost in these halls.

There had been few patients to reside in the Asylum since its opening. Most shinobi who had lost their grasp of reality were relegated to the Obsidian Palace. There were the occasional attempt at suicide but this would have been the first violent passing with in these walls and it brought a painful memory to the surface for the mednin. The last catastrophe during her shift had brought down the entire structure and should have left many spirits homeless and yet no ghosts remained from that day.

But there should have been... *I* should have been. I shouldn’t be alive.

Trying to remain calm, Tsukiko pats down her jacket and then her skirt pockets for a small rectangular package. She was on edge and needed out of this enclosed space. Stepping closer to Enzeru, she tries to look passed his mask and into his eyes. She wasn’t used to men being roughly the same height as her despite being tall for a female.

Is there any chance at all that you’ll let me out? I really want a cigarette and I'm sure the siblings could use a rest.

OOC: Editted for consistency with the stay

MOTHERSUNAFUCKINGDAMMIT. Was that necessary to be done here?

Blood and venom dripped to the floor, scorching pocks into the tile and hissing where it spread. One would expect the mednin’s reaction to be of disgust but the apathetic look was closer to one a mother would give a child who had spilled on the floor; she wasn’t crying over spilt milk, she was crying over her hospital. Within the room, the Yamanaka sister could be heard mumbling to her brother, telling him that it had been a good choice. She was a troubled soul and likely would have caused immense pain had she been allowed to live. Slapping her fingertips to the side of her earbud headset, Tsukiko radios down to the morgue to attend to the sealed ward to retrieve Naganisa.

I know literally cleaning up messes isn’t something ANBU usually do, but I expect you to do just that. You can’t just get organic fluids everywhere and expect someone else to sanitize behind you. I will provide you with gloves and mops but you made this, you’re going to clean it up.

Men. They were good for few things in her book and this situation provided proof that talking was clearly not one of them. With a heavy sigh, she shakes her head and enters into the room to see how her psychwarders were holding up. The siblings stopped talking in hushed tones when she entered and looked her way. With an arched brow she asked the wordless question ‘what?’

Wasn’t that a little hard, ma’am? She is… was… a living being. We are practitioners of care.

Your naivety is admirable, Datsu, but no. The ANBU was correct. If she had been let to live, she would have been plotting ways to escape. I don’t doubt that for a second. From what the Sennin just showed us, she had found favour in a young man in the village but he was willing to leave her to die. Likely the cause of her episode. Both Yume and the Steward stayed the man’s sword in that fight but neither of them had the foresight to realize what it would mean to keep her alive. They’re romantics. She’s better off dead than embittered and broken hearted.

Isn’t it our job to revive her?

Absolutely not. Sometimes it’s best to leave the deceased to rest. We were given orders to heal her, not revive her. If that makes you uncomfortable, you can place the onus on me or file it under official ANBU business. Whichever helps you sleep at night.

There had been few patients to reside in the Asylum since its opening. Most shinobi who had lost their grasp of reality were relegated to the Obsidian Palace. There were the occasional attempt at suicide but this had been the first violent passing with in these walls and it presented a scenario to the mednin. Was she to be the first ghost to haunt these halls?

No. I guess that would be me. I may no longer be dead but I certainly shouldn’t be living.

Raking her fingers through her hair, Tsukiko pats down her jacket and then her skirt pockets for a small rectangular package. She was on edge and needed out of this enclosed space. Stepping back into the hall, she addresses Enzeru, trying to look passed his mask and look him in the eye. She wasn’t used to men being roughly the same height as her despite being tall for a female.

Is there any chance at all that you’ll let me out? I really want a cigarette and it would be nice if I could send the siblings home for a rest.

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Even though the serious nature of the situation spoke for itself, Kurisu's options had simply been set aside for more of the Sennin's heavy-handed diplomacy. It too would be ignored, the sad stories of a power-hungry demon-blood would not sway him. Demons always had a way of corrupting, even if they claimed to be on the righteous path. Evil always destroyed, and in time this would come to fruition in a way that wouldn't benefit Sunagakure. The Captain's position did not shift even at the request of the border sennin, his blade remained poised to strike at anyone foolish enough to make a sudden move against them. Naganisa was not property to be bartered with, traded to another owner at a value impossible to measure. There was a singular man who could make the decision as to Naganisa's inevitable end or when it would be.

Tense by the actions of the madwoman replayed by Kuro, Kurisu own opinion is only further cemented. There had been too much blood on her hands, staining her entirety to make any actions of redemption worthy enough to free her. Enzeru made the first move, speaking his piece and retrieving the unconscious assassin from the sennin. Some messages didn't need words and Kurisu knew immediately the man's intentions. Seconds passed, each step taking her one closer to the cold, dark death she deserved. Every fiber of his being begged him to remain in place, to allow the execution to carry on. The pained faces of all of those families, the men, women, and children she murdered in the name of fun and games deserved retribution.

But at what cost? How far where they willing to go to continue on the vicious cycle of death? Some of the written reports spoke of one of the insurgents as a preacher, someone who had marked Sunagakure as a spawn of evil, swelling to consume and devour its own. Kurisu didn't know the current village's state or how it was run, but in the past it was no such thing. Seeking vengeance and retribution was not the right path.

Tensed, Kurisu's form blinked from sight and reappeared behind Enzeru, staying his hand mid draw.

"Hold. It is not your place to decide her fate, any more than it is his."<i></i> He referenced Kuro. Carefully, he secured the limp form of Naganisa and laid her back onto the examination table she had been on earlier. "She will get what is coming to her, but we were not called here to be her killers. For now our role is to maintain, even if it means letting this horror live another day."<i></i> Stern golden eyes turned to the Yamanaka siblings in the room, "I trust either of you are proficient enough to maintain the slumber she's currently under?"<i></i>

It was a rhetorical question, but a grounded, reasonable order too. Had he allowed Enzeru to carry through his actions, then they would have been as suspect as Kuro. This woman's life, no matter how much it deserved to leak from her veins would not pass due to chaos they helped sew. If Sunagakure was to recover, they needed to reestablish order and put in place a foundation that would allow them to rebuild. Enzeru also didn't need murder attached to his name if he wished to settle into Sunagakure. ANBU were trained to make the hard decisions, and he had done what Kurisu himself wanted to do, but a deep instinctual fear held back the killing blow.

A small wave of his light-katana ousted Enzeru from the room and Kurisu took up position in the doorway, blocking entrance or exit, but still allowing for vision on the siblings and their patient.

"Consider the families of those she has broken and what it would mean for them to see this woman free. If what you showed us is accurate, her attempts at redemption are noble, yes, but they do not excuse her actions, nor give you permission to grant her pardon."<i></i> Still at the ready, he turns his gaze onto the medical officer whose attitude seemed to be slowly degrading with each passing second. "Tsukiko-san, send word for a Masashi Katsuo. Tell him it's an emergency and it concerns one of the Cabal patients. This--"<i></i> His free hand gestures to those standing there and implying all the actions that have taken place, "Ends now. At the time most when we need to be united, we fight amongst ourselves over title and power. Then The Cabal succeeded already and what we do from here on out doesn't matter."<i></i>

[OOC: Staying/Preventing the kill]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
MXMb54l.jpg

Naganisa

"I mean none of you any harm, had you witnessed what I have and been forced down so many alternate paths to save lives you would not stand against me but since all of you do I will show you why I need this particular woman as a weapon against our enemies. Kurisu-san your light is anathema to my blood so I ask you to confer with Sanryoukyougan Kuro as he can talk with you and tell you of our circumstances without causing you any pain, masked one I don't know you but if you can watch this holographic jutsu it will replay all that has befallen Suna from day one and then you can all decide whether you really think I am wrong and you all have some right to stop me or you can come along, ask your questions, and help me."</B><i></i>

Like an old time movie... the known sins of Naganisa were on display. What an evil woman she was, her face contorted into a visage of rapture and joy as her blade plunged into innocent victims whose name and face were nothing more than a blur to her. Her eyes were dead, but unlike her victims left in pieces at her feet she was very much alive. Her terrible laugh rang out and filled the air. Her kills were needless and brutal and did not differentiate foe from bystander, mother from child. These deaths, an attempt to fill an endless void but truly did nothing more than pull her further from grace. She never stopped being a slave, even when she was free. Molded by circumstance and the perversion of her superiors into this avatar of interminable wrath. Her poisons left a few beautiful corpses and some scared beyond recognition. Their pain, her only reminder that she was alive by some taunting miracle. There would be a man at her side eventually, her face seemed to change. To soften. Her eyes rarely left him, rather than her 'games.' Her interest and passion transitioned to him, not the pain she could inflict. At the gates, she protected him or at least she tried. Sacrificing herself in the end and turning on her allies in the process.

Wolves which batten upon lambs, lambs consumed by wolves, the strong who immolate the weak, the weak victims of the strong: there you have Nature, there you have her intentions, there you have her scheme: a perpetual action and reaction, a host of vices, a host of virtues, in one word, a perfect equilibrium resulting from the equality of good and evil on earth.

When she was weak, incapable and insufficient Homura tried to take from her something she would have dedicated to him and sacrificed for him willingly. In the wake of this final battle, the truth made known she was left unmoving... unyielding... ALONE.

<B>"If you would deny Suna a chance at justice then take the girl away and lock her away where she will eventually escape and destroy the lives of all in her way until I am forced to seal her or worse destroy her. Or allow me to train her, earn her trust, and through her find those whom attacked Suna through the Cabal's efforts and MAKE THEM PAY...The choice is yours."

It was a rather dramatic display, it reinforced and concreted the beliefs of the onlookers and made their hearts resolute perhaps that the fates should not longer be in her favor. With lethal intent her limp, still slumbering body was taken from the Sennin.

”Of those choices, I choose the one that makes sense. This woman is dangerous, too dangerous to be trained to greater power. Your guilt, your inability to stop this, does not give you the right to further endanger your home. Stand down. I shall escort her to her room.”

She was taken away, this her funeral procession where there would be no mourning. Her death, a mere inconvenience rather than a conceivable loss. A resource, a tool to the end. When broken, so easily discarded. Enzeru carried with him a demonic, or at least so adorned blade on his person. A potential surprise to those expecting a ranged fighter.

"Hold. It is not your place to decide her fate, any more than it is his."

Kurisu rebuked in his own way both the Sennin and the stranger as he laid out the snake on the table. She was so tiny and frail it seemed, it was strange. Again, on the cold and impersonal metal slab. Where what you are and were would be revealed to prying eyes. The secrets of one's heart and mind often best learned through the flesh. The mind has a way of lying, just as lips and words weave false tales it is just how one lives with oneself. Illness and health, pain and mental infirmity, places gone and names of those loved etched not on ones heart and mind like they are ones flesh. The tattoo trying her to one of the oldest vocations. Old scars turned silver over the years, healed but never forgotten pains. Her blood, should she have been cut even slightly before Kurisu stayed Enzeru's blade would bubble and burn away at her bathrobe like acid. She was tiny, pale, undernourished and yet somehow so strong. She was not young either, her slanted eyes creased as was her brow. She was a woman who had seen her share of pain and inflicted even more than she got. Her fingernails short but clean, bitten away by some sort of nervous habit.

"She will get what is coming to her, but we were not called here to be her killers. For now our role is to maintain, even if it means letting this horror live another day."

Kurisu's heart was right -- it was better to let the bitch die. No matter how human and pained she was, she had no right to harm others as she had. She had no right to share in her anguish. To become a slave to her own madness. The fault of her actions was hers alone, despite manipulations and weaknesses of heart, mind or spirit she always had a choice. She chose to become the monster she was. She also chose to live and to love. Pity how things rarely work out the way you would want them to.

If she made it through this, she was going to rip Homura apart.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akuma Kuro had heard enough, he had been pushed enough. HE HAD BEEN TOLD ENOUGH AND NOW SOMEONE HAD TRIED TO KILL A WOMAN UNDER HIS PROTECTION when he had been willing to relinquish his authority to spare other people’s feelings, to grant them some form of comfort in their own actions. Now he had some ANBU whom he did not know giving him orders and claiming yet again he had no authority as if he had earned the right to be the Sennin by doing nothing. Everyone claiming they knew the will of the Kazekage inherent or his own little brother the Steward and tossing their names around as if they were best friends or mentally linked. Kurisu had one thing correct, THIS DOES END NOW. Akuma Kuro placed his hand upon the ground near the now somewhat safe Naganisa. Summoning Chouryoku Kuro to her side, he then left the room grasping Tsukiko lightly by the arm to escort her from the chamber so that they might speak while he did what TRULY needed to be done. With his own guardians in place, he brushed passed Kurisu and Enzeru to go outside and talk with Tsukiko. It was a much needed conversation at that because if he was to remain in some semblance of mind he needed to at least verify why everyone was poisoned against him because if it was simply because of his demonbeast blood then he could do nothing to set things to a controlled and sustainable state. Pulling one of his former teacher’s cigarettes from his leg pouch he passed it to Tsukiko. “I do believe we needed to talk, you and I. I feel you have a great deal to say to me and I definitely need to hear it.”

Akuma Kuro (not his other aspects just his demonic aspect) exits topic with Tsukiko if she comes along …

Follow up for anyone who wants to talk requesting Yume
http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=219&t=43845

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His hand is stopped in the middle of drawing the weapon, Kurisu telling him to hold. Those blue eyes turn on the older man before him, their depths showing an emotion of raw, cold anger. Not at Kurisu, at this thing that he was about to kill. The former ANBU simply stares at the other, his jaw hidden under the mask clenching and unclenching to release the emotion he felt. Finally he drops the dagger to the ground and stands, letting the woman slowly slump to the ground. It went against his honor not to kill her, but that was now two leaders of this village who wanted her alive.

”Very well. But the blood of any she kills is on your hands. And his. And should she do so, I will not enjoy it being on my own when I could have stopped it.” This was not his home. That sentence was constantly being drilled into his head by his subconscious. This was not his home, and he had no say here. His act, had he been allowed it, would have cost a source of information true, but it would have meant that there was no chance of anyone else being hurt by this monster in female form.

As Kurisu takes a position and makes it clear he is also not to be near the woman, Enzeru steps back and grants the mednin's request. The black barrier blocking them off from the world dissolves in the air around them, opening the passageways once more for people to come and go. Kurisu would make sure that the Sennin did not run off with the woman, at this point. As one of the men rush off with a woman, Enzeru walks to his bow and lifts it, the arrow vanishing into his quiver and the bow easily being slung over a shoulder.

And then, he waits. For this Katsuo person apparently.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was always work to be done. Even when she was craving a fix, she was being asked to do one last thing. Touching the side of her headset, she issues a request to have Katsuo report to the sealed ward at Omni Prime. From how Sousuke was acting with him at the dojo, she was getting the picture that he was in some form of authority but still was unaware of his lineage. Turning to the Yamanaka, she gives them a disheartened frown.

Sorry guys. Looks like you’ll be staying here for a bit. Firstly, restrain her. We don’t need something going wrong and her getting the jump on us. I know you guys are good, but you’re tired. Once you’ve been relieved from this situation, clock out and take some time off. We’ve all earned it.

With a gracious and hurried bow to Enzeru, she takes her leave as the barrier drops, being accompanied out by one of Kuro’s forms; Akuma Kuro, specifically. With a look to his sister, Datsu rubs Kitare’s back, placing his hand on her shoulder as she moves to stand.

I’ll take first watch. We won’t probe any further tonight.

Bending over, he takes up the knife that Enzeru had dropped and handed it to his sister. She would be coherent whenever the ANBU re-entered the room and could return it to him. Reaching under the bed, he pulls out sturdy leather restraints. They were something from a darker era of medicine but were still practical when all mind-altering attempts failed. Starting on the opposite side of the bed, he secures her wrists and ankles, finishing with a belt across her waist. Taking up a comfortable position, he performs a series of seals to bind her physical functions and maintain the current stasis. His gazed was forced to stay focused on her to maintain the jutsu, putting him in a semi-hypnotic state. This was why he and his sister worked in pairs.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]It wasn't very long after Tsukiko made the call for Katsuo to make an appearance at the hospital that the green-haired man showed up. The message sent out for him had been vague but the words "emergency" and "Cabal" were enough to put haste into his steps as he'd traveled down from his usual haunts near the surface area and the shanty slums that had popped up there to the hospital area. Tatsumasa jingling along at his shoulder held there by a strap of fine leather, Katsuo appeared shortly at the room he'd been directed to in short order with a concerned look on his face. He wasn't sure exactly what he'd be walking into but... it seemed like everything was fine for the moment. Reviewing the faces of those present it was clear that something tense had happened to some level but nobody appeared hurt and the female Cabal agent looked like she was still unconscious. Still...

Rolling Tatsumasa's strap backwards a bit with his shoulder to allow the sword to rest on his back without needing to be held there, Katsuo extended his arm in greeting to Kurisu with a questioning expression which seemed to ask what was going on before offering his hand to the new person that he'd yet to meet; Enzeru. He was still meeting new people every day and so just assumed that Enzeru was another of Sand's shinobi reserve that he'd yet to meet.

"Name's Katsuo, good to meet you." He breathed, the greeting quick and succinct as he preferred such things to be. Katsuo wasn't a cold man by any regard but he wasn't about self-aggrandizement and had no time for people who wanted to puff themselves up. An exchange of names and proper greeting was well enough -- especially when supposedly there was an emergency having gone down.

Looking around, there were an array of other folks who looked to be in varying degrees of stressed out and to that Katsuo could only agree. To say that the last few weeks had been stressful would have been the understatement of the century.

"So I was told there was an emergency? Who wants to get me up speed?" He offered to the room.|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [SCENE BGM - NOPE]"]
36aA5o.png

Masashi Katsuo - Sand Jounin (Current PC)
sand_jounin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Uri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The next few minutes were tense as Kurisu stood between many powerful shinobi and a prisoner whose life was all but forfeit. Even he desired to spin around and just bisect her as she rested in her genjutsu-induced state. Naganisa was a monster, worse than even the Ancients that had enslaved them, more terrible than those who brought the Plague Wars upon their heads. They had a purpose, a focus, a goal and rallied others behind it. This serpent was pure chaos, an agent of unpredictable and unspeakable destruction. What she had done to Sunagakure's people had been too much, and Kurisu had thought that when all he had known of her was from reports, but aided by Kuro's images, fake or not, only intensified the rage her felt towards her.

But to act on emotion was not what one in his position did, not a reaction expected of those in leadership. Kuro had let his anger spill out and it had lowered Kurisu's opinion of the Toraono representative; a clan whose name was all but too famous in Wind Country history book and revered by many.

Finally the pseudo-kage would appear, his entrance casual and friendly as it often was. Katsuo was certainly someone who had not known what it was to rule over others, to have the authority to set rules and dictate actions, but he would have to exercise those metaphorical muscles now in order to defuse this situation. A metallic clink would announce the sheathing of his glowing weapon and he would fall to stiff attention.

The Captain did what he always did and relying on his near perfect recall, recites the events that took place to where he stood now, as he would know them, "Katsuo-san, I received an open request for a response team at the hospital in regards to a dangerous patient. I and my associate, Enzeru-san,"<i></i> He would gesture to the Mist Shinobi with a small hand wave. "Would arrive on the scene where Miago Tsukiko buzzed us in and briefed us on the situation. Border Sennin, Toraono Kuro had expressed interest in taking prisoner Naganisa to his compound for treatment, so much so that he pulled rank and attempted to leave with her. That is when we arrived and prevented his leaving. When it seemed parties could not come to an agreement, I insisted we radio you, and here we are."<i></i>

Kurisu had purposefully neglected the attempted murder of Naganisa, the threats made by Kuro, or that it had nearly come to blows between Sunans. None of these issues would do Katsuo's mind any good, and if those present could learn in the few moments they had before their Sunahoshi gave his ruling, then they would have a divided Sunagakure.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
MXMb54l.jpg

Naganisa

Naganisa laid there, unconscious, the slumber facilitated by mere illusion alone would be fleeting. Only seconds afforded, but it would have been sufficient in ending her life if nobody stayed Enzeru's hand. Limp, psychologically broken in ways immeasurable by pure conjecture but solidified and finalized by Homura's bitter betrayal. She was tiny, almost as if she was not there in this loose-fitting robe far too large. Leather restraints were wrapped around her wrists, buckled closed and secured to the gurney and pulled taut. Her ankles bound similarly, the snug worn leather pressed against her skin and the buckle fastened securely as they too were locked to the cold steel table that supported her. A belt extended over her waist, restraining her torso like her limbs to the stretcher. Tight, slightly stretched so the aged and used leather had no give.

Note: Unusure if the stasis state and physical function bind are something in particular.

Naganisa laid there, breathing rhythmically. Her body in a state of relative good health, there was no level of medical ninjutsu that could make Naganisa young or take away the scars that the ill-fitting robe poorly concealed. Now was again the perfect opportunity to slaughter her, it was not like she could fight back. Not like she could escape. Not like Shouki would save her. Not like anyone was coming, she threw all that away when she made an idiot decision that cost the Cabal the battle.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sanryoukyougan Kuro sat next to Naganisa in silence, he was not about to harm any Sunans or even Enzeru for that matter over the woman but he would just as easily render them all unconscious with genjutsu and not harm a single person. He had only stayed to follow through with Katsuo's orders but in the same likeness as he had revealed his reasoning as to why he needed Naganisa and they still believed they knew better than he, saved more lives than he. They ALL considered themselves above him simply because the Cabal had managed to infiltrate Sunagakure at all. "It is as he said, I was going to take her to a special area beneath the dojo, train her to find our enemies, and once she had served her purpose in bringing our real enemies into view send her away from Wind Country for eternity. I don't believe her to be safe with anyone but me or yourself and I don't believe anyone else here capable of truly containing her besides you or myself. Perhaps the entire staff of mind warders for the remnants of the hospital can do it. I do however consider that a waste of resources. "<i></i>

Kuro had nothing to hide and he had little to say on the matter besides exactly what he meant

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Another arrives, green haired and young looking, not as young as Enzeru but not far from it. His eyes were perhaps the most striking feature however, with a pattern unlike anything the hunter had seen. And he introduced himself with as few words as he could, which was something Enzeru himself had little issue with. So far this was proving to be one of the least animated people he'd met in this village, and while he didn't feel quite the same about him as he had others, he at least felt this person might be capable of handling a situation.

Kurisu begins to speak first, mentioning the reason for their being there as well as the events which transpired, and as Enzeru hears his name he would offer a nod of greeting to the other. He also noted the honorrific used by the other. This person, Katsuo, held some authority in the village which was higher than the ANBU before him. Judging by the fact that he was called against Kuro, Enzeru could only guess that he was a Sennin himself. It made sense, but he also knew little of the internal structure of power in this land.

As the Sennin speaks up, Enzeru turns to look at the man, his face behind the mask one of incredulous disbelief as the sennin begins to insult the abilities of the entire hospital they were in. His blue eyes regain that soft blue glow that warns of emotion roiling inside of him. This man was definitely full of himself, that was for sure.

”If it's information you need, there is an interrogator present.” He didn't often advertise his training, but if it meant keeping that woman restrained instead of in the care of this man who would offer her the whole world on a platter after her deeds, he would not hesitate. ”I was trained in my home in the art of interrogation as well as bounty hunting and other....unsavory deeds that were necessary but not public. But to give this woman a free pass after all you showed me she did is.....inhumane. The surviving friends and family of those who died because of her will blame you, and your village, for not bringing justice upon her.”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back