Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Monsters Inc [Kuro/Shiori]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Continued from here

After a brief meeting with Kuro, it had been decided that the Toraono Warlord needed to parley with Mother Suna. Kazuki was, perhaps one of the few, that belonged to Sunagakure, that was in speaking terms with the Earth Queen. Because of that, and adding the notion that they desperately required allies in the war with the Wind Daimyo, the Senju Overlord agreed to lead Kuro into a possible meeting with Shiori. Reaper was not certain if once called, she would answer it. But he would try nonetheless. The White Wolf had been waiting for the Sennin outside the village for a while when the big guy approached him. "We will walk in that direction for two hours so that we are far enough from the village. Then I will try to summon her. If she answers my call, then you can talk with her." the White Wolf instructed him as he began walking toward the direction he had just pointed out. Two hours of walking under a blistering hot sun and unpleasantly hot sandy surface. It was not a easy trek by a long shot. Fortunately, the Silvery Haired Man had this Chill of Death aura and so the heat was attenuated a bit. They were also stout men, thus their journey would be complete with little need for worry.

Two hours later, Reaper would stop once a proper isolated place had been found. There was just miles of nothing but sand around them. Luckily, a single palm tree provided them some shelter from the sun. Kuro would probably drop his belongings now, but Kazuki did not carry a thing. He had no need. After discovering he could access a tiny fraction of the void, the Deep Hybrid could store everything there and instantly bring it back once needed. Quite a convenient ability he had found a few years back. A sudden surge of energy would be felt from those present. Nothing happened at first, but eventually the sands on the ground would began to move independently of any wind current that was there. The Sennin had just summoned a creature from his army of conquered souls. A being whose body was made of sand, made of the same material that was so beloved for Mother Suna. Sandman stood in silence in front of the Silvery Haired Man. His head was lowered with reverence and he simply waited for instructions. "Disperse youself and find me Mother Suna. Tell her Kazuki needs to parley." the White Wolf instructed his minion. A silent nod was all that the creature did upon receiving its orders. Incredibly, his frame was slowly dispersed itself as if the wind itself also was obeying Kazuki. Now they would have to wait and see.​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMBans8jyM][b][u]Senju Kazuki[/u][/b][/url]]"]
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toraono Kuro followed Brother Kazuki diligently into the desert and made sure that he was ready to parley after a pleasant walk through the desert sun Kuro and Kazuki arrived at a remote unmarked location with a single palm tree. With a nod to Kazuki Kuro pulled free some scrolls that stored items he wished to discuss with Mother Suna then give back to her should she be willing to take them. Kuro then produced a set of scrolls and summoned a medium sized canvas tent that would sit at least ten people. Once Kuro used his telekinesis to set it up, he then summoned and placed a large blackwood table with matching comfortable chairs and set aside a set of summon scrolls that contained ice tea, iced water, and chilled wine. After making sure everything was set up and with one side of the tent open for air and shade so that one could easily see no one was hiding inside Kuro sat down and meditated. If she responded he would have to carefully discuss the situations and be prepared to make a pact with the one seen as a goddess to so many in exchange for the safety of the remaining villagers. Kazuki summoned a creature of sand and sent it off with a message. It seemed time would not be wasted. "Brother Kazuki, would you like some tea or cold water?"<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The summon would not have to travel far, perhaps Kazuki already knew this. Shiori had taken up residence in the poorest, dingiest portion of the village and that was where she stayed for the duration of the workweek but she had other interests external to the village that she often attended to. She was searching for kin like herself and she was unwilling to include Kazuki in her travels, she tolerated him because he was blood in a distant sense. There were so few of them left and she had no intention of reducing their numbers even closer to extinction unless he became more of a threat than an asset. At this point, his position in her mind and heart was grey. She hoped that eventually he would see things as she did but she knew it would take time. She too was familiar with Sousuke's charm, there was a time when she would have done anything for him and it was likely that Kazuki had bent to the Kazekage's will in a similar manner. Eventually Sousuke would betray him, his confidence, his trust, his safety, his friendship and it will be something that he would never be able to take back and she would be ready for that day because it was only a matter of time. Sousuke was a selfish man who could hardly see past himself and his needs. He never understood or seemed to care to try to understand the feelings and needs of others.
Still, they would be left waiting for some time when the summon would come upon her.

The summon was more a curiosity or an annoyance than something she felt compelled to follow.

A request to a conclave with Kazuki. She would not know why, the summon did not have that information but she would have asked. She would have asked a number of questions as they trekked across the ever shifting golden dunes. She was irked that he dared disturb her. She felt that Kazuki was spying on her and it was likely that he was or that he had times before to know what direction to send his summon or that she was even outside of the village. All the same she followed, knowing it was likely a trap. If it was, she would have to finish what she lacked the heart to complete before. She would find others and soon enough she would not be alone. Soon enough she would not be among the last.

There would be no dramatic entrance. No peal of thunder or bluster of elements to herald her approach. She did not care for theatrics, unlike some. Her aura muted as it always was. The mediocre and the mundane inherit the earth or so she has heard similar be said. She agreed, at least her kind did. They were the type to wait. The type to bide their time and watch the world wear, wither and rot away. She had nothing but time, few could say the same. She would let out a groan as she ambled over the crest of a hill and saw the pair. She was too prideful to turn around so she continued onward without pause. Accompanied by the sand man summon she stopped a hundred paces from the duo. She did not say anything, she simply waited.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Kuro was, obviously, a crazy prepared individual. Within seconds of reaching their destination, he had set up a basic camp, but capable of responding to all their immediate needs. After setting everything up, the Toraono Warlord simply sat down and began a session of meditation. Although before he went into a deep trance he questioned Kazuki. "Brother Kazuki, would you like some tea or cold water?" The Overlord shook his head, although the Sennin would not be able to see it. "No thank you. I am fine." the White Wolf told him. He remained standing as he waited for things to unfold. His summon had dispersed itself some time ago, and he had yet to return. Perhaps the search had been grander than he was previously anticipating. Or she had simply killed it. Although the latter would not have gone unnoticed by the Silvery Haired Man due to the mental link he had with all his creatures, once they were deployed into the material world.

Eventually Suna would reveal herself, being accompanied by Sandman. Quite a sandy pair they made. She would not readily join Reaper and Kuro. Stopping around hundred steps from them, she stood there silently waiting for something. An invitation to come forward? An explanation for why she had been summoned? The ANBU Sennin would give her the latter. The former was up to Kuro. "I see you have answered my call. A pleasure to meet you again Earth Queen." Kazuki said to her. He could have warned the Toraono Warlord that Suna had come. But he deduced his words would be more than enough. "Although it was I that called you here, it is Toraono Kuro that wishes to parley with you. I am certain you have met him before." the Overlord explained. At the same time, a mass of shadows emerged at the feet of Sandman and quickly surrounded it. Seconds later, the creature was completely gone. Let the war begin?​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMBans8jyM][b][u]Senju Kazuki[/u][/b][/url]]"]
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Toraono Kuro did not move from his meditation no did he open his eyes because that would also be seen as a sign of battle preparation as most whom knew of him knew he could do alot with just his sight alone. Instead without moving from his meditative seating, he spoke out "If you feel threatened in any way feel free to bind me. I only wish to speak with you. I mean you no harm and will answer any questions truthfully but in return I expect the same. I have brought some relics that I feel may be more relevant to you than my library or old vaults as gifts. I only ask for a moment of your time if you might spare it."<i></i> Worried that she might still think this was a trap Kuro played his trump card and with what little knowledge his blood ceremony with Mikaboshi had shared he spoke in Ancient tongue magnifying his voice with chakra so that she might hear him clearly "Zu'u bolog hi wah tinvaak voth zu'u ko drem Monah Suna (I beseech you to talk with me in peace Mother Suna)"<i></i> It was an obvious plea and a sincere one and Kuro could only hope he got the pronunciation correct as he had no way of practicing it and no written book to review, not that he could read the language of the Ancients. He had only picked up enough to fumble with words like a child but perhaps it would be enough.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Earth Court is not a Court of impulsive action, but rather a court that intended to stand the test of time. That was why Sousuke was still alive, it was not even a conscious choice she made to wear away at him with poison. A part of her wanted to admonish her 'weak' nature for choosing such a timid, clandestine approach but it was something she was only partially aware of. It was a part of her nature, an aspect she was tethered to in so many ways. She could not say the same of Kazuki, he was a man of impulse and she found his interminable pride and silver tongue troublesome when coupled with the deceptive nature of the Deep Court. He was a human and because of that he stood on the fringe of two worlds -- Ancients have a nature and a limit but humans did not. Humans could lie unlike the Deep Court from which a portion of the foreign delegate could find his heritage but it was unlikely that the impulse was not there to deceive.

She would seem out of place as she waited on the crest of the hill, her ears twitched as she listened for a pair of hearts. Was that all she would hear -- just the two? She was not dressed to trek the desert but she did not consider the desert a hardship, rather she felt at home beneath that blazing hot sun and gilded dunes that gave way only slightly beneath her heels. She had not reached where she once was in terms of power, but her sense of hearing as as astute as ever. She was paranoid and irked seeing Kazuki and the Border Sennin together so far from civilization. Had they allied together to murder her in the desert? She would not put it past either -- the duty-bound Sennin or the ambitious foreigner. She did not fear a two on one fight, perhaps it was her hubris or it was merely confidence because she had no trust for either of them. The earth groaned beneath her feet.

"I see you have answered my call. A pleasure to meet you again Earth Queen. Although it was I that called you here, it is Toraono Kuro that wishes to parley with you. I am certain you have met him before."

She was familiar with him, just like she would be familiar with any public figure. The Toraono family had a reputation, it was not good nor was it bad in her opinion but there was the implication that they had a demonic heritage and that for the past several generations at the very least that the Toraono family has been closely associated with Sunagakure and that they have maintained a symbiotic relationship for the past few decades. She had little trust for demons, an opinion shared by a great number of Ancients. Was there a specific happenstance that caused this animosity? No, but it is not unusual to have old grudges with entities that have existed as long as they, there were no tales to pass down or generation to forget long ago sleights and incidents that have culminated over the generation where each sin suffers for the sins of their fathers in the eyes of an Ancient. Still, she had no qualm with the Border Sennin. Fine granules of sand vibrated gently for a five foot radius.

"If you feel threatened in any way feel free to bind me. I only wish to speak with you. I mean you no harm and will answer any questions truthfully but in return I expect the same. I have brought some relics that I feel may be more relevant to you than my library or old vaults as gifts. I only ask for a moment of your time if you might spare it."

She had grown paranoid this past year, despite poisoning the former Steward now leader's mind it would seem that her mind was leaking sanity faster than his. Death does that to a person. Twice. She did not think he would do it and he he could anyone would. The earth trembled, she had been satisfying a voracious hunger in excess as of late. There was a gluttonous nature that seemed to pervade the consumption of life in such vast quantities, she was not a hunter by nature and she still was not however she was a capable killer and she did so with the proficiency of a surgeon or a butcher. She preyed on the nomads and the gypsies, those that would not be missed as they traversed this vast expanse in their barrel-topped wagons. while binding him would have been preferable she did not know who else could be watching. With her keen sense of sound it is unlikely that they would have been able to conceal the presence of onlookers but humans have proven their ingenuity with their ninja-magic so anything was truly possible. Perhaps they were waiting for an act of aggression on her part to support their attack and subsequent slaughter.

"Zu'u bolog hi wah tinvaak voth zu'u ko drem Monah Suna (I beseech you to talk with me in peace Mother Suna)"</B><i></i>

The words were in a strange order but she understood the phrase. Her ears twitched as she passed her gaze over the space before her, a camp. Without another word she moved forward, the darkness had swallowed Kazuki's servant whole. <B>"I am fluent in common," she replied with suspicion in her voice. The ground continued to groan and the sands shift as she took another step forward.

Always planning ahead.

She is pulling out the sand beneath everyone's feet.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"If you feel threatened in any way feel free to bind me. I only wish to speak with you. I mean you no harm and will answer any questions truthfully but in return I expect the same. I have brought some relics that I feel may be more relevant to you than my library or old vaults as gifts. I only ask for a moment of your time if you might spare it." Kuro would state upon seeing Mother Suna for the first time. If he had aimed to make her at ease and approach them, his intentions failed spectacularly. The Queen remained motionless, perhaps expecting an attack from them. Perhaps she was thinking this was but an elaborate trap from them. Mayhaps she would have been correct in a different time and under different circumstances, but Kazuki and the Toraono Warlord were there to talk, and just talk. "Zu'u bolog hi wah tinvaak voth zu'u ko drem Monah Suna (I beseech you to talk with me in peace Mother Suna)" the Border Sennin would add in a foreign language. Whatever he had just said, this did elicit a reacction from the being formerly known as Takahashi Shiori. She started to move forward. "I am fluent in common," Suna also answered him. The Overlord was still oblivious to the meaning of that sentence, but he guessed Kuro had spoke some words in Ancient's tongue. He also did not fail to notice that the sands around them were casually shifting, something that did not happen before Suna's appearance.

"Are you preparing a trap for us Mother Suna? That is ill advised of you." the White Wolf warned her. He had come to parley, and zero desire to fight her. But if she was going to war with them, she would find out he was very hard to chew. "Is there no honor among thieves? We are here to talk. Aggressions can come later when we face each other in the battlefield, as we will undoubtedly so." the Reaper added. But could this meeting change the parties of that battlefield? Could they gain the Earth Queen as an ally, just like they did with the King Under the Sands? An uneasy truce and an uneasy alliance, but to win, they had to show they were the bigger man.​
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro would reach out telekinetically to pat Kazuki's shoulder as he spoke without opening his eyes. "There is no need to aggravate her and I must thank you for this chance, long I have I worshipped the deity that many of the Toraono Clan believed Mother Suna to be. To have her reduced to an angry Ancient with true malice and not just the time earned tendencies of the desert itself is heartbreaking. I am honored that you have brought me this far and been the only brother outside of direct family left to grant me any trust. So no matter what Mother Suna may do to me please stay your hand. I accepted my fate as Guardian of Suna long ago. This is simply another facet of those duties. If you look in the belongings I brought with me I have gifts for you as well. I do not believe I will ever have to fight Mother Suna at all, Mikaboshi most likely but that is because he demands a type of respect that almost always falls to combat. With Mother Suna I am almost certain that I can grant Mother Suna something that she cannot refuse, refute, or regret. So be easy brother, what I have to give her is something I give freely and the gifts are hers anyway I am simply returning them to the one whom should have had them all along. The Toraono Clan once had a saying until Sousuke's revelation...
"The Heavens created Mother Suna and the desert vast to train the faithful One cannot go against the wrath of Mother Suna.
خلق السماوات وكالة الانباء السودانية الأم و الصحراء الشاسعة لتدريب أحد المؤمنين لا يمكن أن تتعارض مع غضب الأم السودانية .
khalaq alssamawat wikalat al'anba' alssudaniat al'umm w alssahra' alshshasieat litadrib ahd almuminin la ymkn 'an tataearad mae ghadab al'umm alssudania ."
<i></i> Kuro spoke the phrase in common then in the language of the faithful Runic Terran. Kuro then used his telekinesis to place three tomes written in the language of the Earth Court Ancients before him as he bowed in traditional supplication as the slaves of the Ancients did in days of old. He pushed forward with his own hands a delicate map to an Earth Court Temple, and a cherished memory crystal that shared the location of something or someone thought lost to all time but preserved and protected by the faithful of the Toraono Clan.

Kuro was a very devout person and despite the lack of trust that his own village showed him he would protect them all until the very end, no matter how soon that ending may come. Kazuki's trust in him alleviated a great deal of suffering he constantly endured from his own people. Kuro may have originally brought Kazuki into his household to save him from those that would do him harm but now it was Kazuki whom was saving Kuro from the very people he was sworn to protect.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Are you preparing a trap for us Mother Suna? That is ill advised of you."

Kazuki warned her. She was cautious, but who could blame her? She had no reason to trust the man who allied himself with Sousuke despite his mixed heritage. He watched her die once and he would likely do so again if the situation were to arise, she had no reason to believe that he would be anything more than a passive spectator to the Border Sennin's wrath if it came down to it. So yes, she was 'preparing a trap.' "I prefer to consider it 'insurance against acts of violence.'" she simply replied as the earth groaned in protest beneath her heels.

"Is there no honor among thieves? We are here to talk. Aggressions can come later when we face each other in the battlefield, as we will undoubtedly so."

She took a step closer, by now she had reached the camp and she was in fact invading their personal space. The desert seemed to strain below them. "Humans," she started to recount. "Humans have this selfish belief that they can dictate times of war and peace. Because you want to talk... today we are not at war," her hand seemed to weigh the air with one hand as she said this. "But on another it is a war and your guerrilla-style of attack is merely a battle tactic," she added as she weighed the air in her other hand. "Such hubris... it hardly seems fair," she concluded with a shrug.

Thankfully she did not hear Kuro's psychic message to his fellow Sennin. It was the other way around, she was never part of a true pantheon although there were many that erroneously worshiped her as one. Some attributed miracles to her rather than crediting their faith, strength or good fortune. Other attributed natural disasters and tragedies to her wrath. Both were senseless and if she was truly a god, the needs of these faithful souls would be beneath her purview. She did not understand the concept of god-hood perhaps or it might be the fact that she did not believe that there was any higher power -- in her protracted span where death was supposed to be an impossibility, she had never seen evidence of something 'watching-over' them, protecting them or even acknowledging their existence. If there was a god or gods in this world, they had long ago forgotten and abandoned them all.

The Border Sennin genuflected with his tribute, choosing a pose she had not seen in centuries. The items are old, even by her standard but also familiar. "Please rise..." her voice seemed to beg. "I do not need a demonstration of deference or servility," she claimed. She never needed it, however some of her brothers burgeoned because of this. She had slaves, much like the other courts and while they did not languish in her reign she was hardly a friend because she like most courts saw humanity as a means to an end. The Earth Court endured because of their strength and their power would have been easily eclipsed by the other Courts if they had not acquired power through similar means. She was hardly an advocate for humanity although records seem to tell a different tale. Her stance of non-interference during Godsfall was remembered by most as a sign of her support and compassion rather than her nature of indifference and neutrality as well as her erroneous belief that humanity did not stand a chance against such powerful opponents.

She would look at Kazuki out of the corner of her eye as she offered a hand to Kuro. "So brother... why have you summoned me?"

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"I prefer to consider it 'insurance against acts of violence." Suna answered Kazuki. Essentially she had just admitted she was placing a trap for them, just because. On a matter of principle maybe, or just because she was doubly paranoid. Time would show her she could trust them. "Humans... Humans have this selfish belief that they can dictate times of war and peace. Because you want to talk... today we are not at war. But on another it is a war and your guerrilla-style of attack is merely a battle tactic. Such hubris... it hardly seems fair," the Earth Queen would note as he stood at the entrance of Kuro's makeshift base. The Overlord was about to lecture her about Ancients and their constant airs of superiority over humanity, but he simply shrugged and stood silent. There was no point in arguing, at least not before the Border Sennin could say his piece to Shiori. After this brief exchange of words, the Toraono Warlord reached the White Wolf telepathically. "There is no need to aggravate her and I must thank you for this chance, long I have I worshipped the deity that many of the Toraono Clan believed Mother Suna to be. To have her reduced to an angry Ancient with true malice and not just the time earned tendencies of the desert itself is heartbreaking. I am honored that you have brought me this far and been the only brother outside of direct family left to grant me any trust. So no matter what Mother Suna may do to me please stay your hand. I accepted my fate as Guardian of Suna long ago. This is simply another facet of those duties. If you look in the belongings I brought with me I have gifts for you as well. I do not believe I will ever have to fight Mother Suna at all, Mikaboshi most likely but that is because he demands a type of respect that almost always falls to combat. With Mother Suna I am almost certain that I can grant Mother Suna something that she cannot refuse, refute, or regret. So be easy brother, what I have to give her is something I give freely and the gifts are hers anyway I am simply returning them to the one whom should have had them all along. The Toraono Clan once had a saying until Sousuke's revelation... "

The Silvery Haired Man shrugged again. This was Kuro's time to shine, so he would wait in the shadows until he was his time. Not that he could shine that much, being a shadow monster of sorts. خلق السماوات وكالة الانباء السودانية الأم و الصحراء الشاسعة لتدريب أحد المؤمنين لا يمكن أن تتعارض مع غضب الأم السودانية .
khalaq alssamawat wikalat al'anba' alssudaniat al'umm w alssahra' alshshasieat litadrib ahd almuminin la ymkn 'an tataearad mae ghadab al'umm alssudania ."
the Border Sennin would spoke, this time with his mouth and addressing the Earth Queen. He had chosen a pose of servility and, at the same time, offered a few relics. One of which was a map to some forgotten place. "Please rise...I do not need a demonstration of deference or servility," Suna told him. As noted, Reaper had opted to say out of their way, since his use was of a messenger here. He had brought Kuro and Suna together, and his task ended there. He was not going anywhere, but he had no active role anymore. The Rikkudo Sennin's words also made him wonder how life took interesting turns sometimes. The Toraono Warlord had harbored Kazuki and his clan, offering them shelter from their pursuing enemies. Kuro had shown a level of trust to a complete stranger, that few could match in their wide, wide world. But that had been before. This time around, it was the Overlord that was doing that. The White Wolf had deposit a level of trust in the Border Sennin's actions that no one else had been willing. Kuro had protected the Silvery Haired Man before. It was time for Reaper to protect the Half-Demon.

Kazuki could be defined in many different ways. Some only saw his thirst for power, a trait that all Senju carried. Others only saw his ability to quickly rise in ranks, deserving or not. Some only saw him for his Ancient nature, something that was deeply intertwined with his Senju heritage. In fact, his background and the choices he had made in life, had made him a potential avatar of an obscure entity that was widely known. The Overlord had the ability to become a personification of Death. He already reeked of it. And some only saw him as the Harbinger of Death. But there was one characteristic that truly defined him. It was loyalty. The White Wolf was a deeply loyal individual. He had killed his own father and his closest friend due to acts of betrayal. He hated disloyalty, and his enemies would soon realize how dangerous it is to cross him.

"So brother... why have you summoned me?" Shiori would speak up, effectively waking up the Silvery Haired Man from his deep thoughts. Reaper would blink twice before registering he had been spoken to. "I told you. Kuro wants to speak with you. He wants to strike a deal with you. Because wether you know or not, we need you and you need us. We are each others only hope of survival. We are outnumbered, outmaneuvered and underpowered. Only together we have a slim chance of surviving. But Kuro will explain it better than me."

[MFT - 930]​
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro would slowly and deliberately rise in a manner that it could be seen that he was not making handseals or focusing his chakra offensively before standing in a pose as non threatening as possible with the palms of his hands in plain sight. He had yet to open his eyes in a personal fear that if he saw Mother Suna all he would see were the remnants of Takahashi Shiori or whatever might have escaped Sousuke's wrath. With a deep breath to calm his nerves Kuro began one of the largest gambles of his life. "My Forbidden Goddess, please forgive me for not opening my eyes for I fear I will see the remnants of someone familiar to me and further break my heart in the tragedies that have befallen you and all that has happened over the centuries. Even though there was no love of humans and even less acceptance of demons it was long considered that the Earth Court were the more pragmatic and most sensible of Ancients. With the return of these relics I also offer you a chakra soul stone that contains the souls of 1000 slain criminals forbidden to pass on to the pure realm due to the nature and heinous acts of their crimes. May their judgement come swiftly at your hands as in the days of old when those punished were offered to the desert in retribution and tribute. Should you accept this boon I have one final gift to place at your feet should you agree to speak with me on matters most dire concerning the fates of your remaining kindred and an agreement of mutual neutrality towards one another."<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I told you. Kuro wants to speak with you. He wants to strike a deal with you. Because wether you know or not, we need you and you need us. We are each others only hope of survival. We are outnumbered, outmaneuvered and underpowered. Only together we have a slim chance of surviving. But Kuro will explain it better than me."

The corners of her mouth twitched at the notion of need. There was a sense of pride that was slowly starting to well up within her -- she did not need anyone! Of course she did, she did need them. Nobody, not even her could exist alone. Companionship, coalition and comity were necessary even for someone such as her even if her her conceit would make her fail to admit it. She would watch Kuro's torpid rise unflinchingly, she expected betrayal at this point and he was no different than the human company he kept.

"My Forbidden Goddess, please forgive me for not opening my eyes for I fear I will see the remnants of someone familiar to me and further break my heart in the tragedies that have befallen you and all that has happened over the centuries. Even though there was no love of humans and even less acceptance of demons it was long considered that the Earth Court were the more pragmatic and most sensible of Ancients. With the return of these relics I also offer you a chakra soul stone that contains the souls of 1000 slain criminals forbidden to pass on to the pure realm due to the nature and heinous acts of their crimes. May their judgement come swiftly at your hands as in the days of old when those punished were offered to the desert in retribution and tribute. Should you accept this boon I have one final gift to place at your feet should you agree to speak with me on matters most dire concerning the fates of your remaining kindred and an agreement of mutual neutrality towards one another."

She would accept the dispensation of souls, the solid hunk of amber would throb in her hand as she tightened her grasp until the crystal dug into her flesh and receded into her. "There are few of us that remain good Sennin," she would simply reply. "We have been hunted to near extinction by Rangers," Shiori added tentatively "and it was the Steward who refused to grant the Ancients who remained their liberties." She did not forget what started the war between herself and Sousuke, what made her wish for the destruction of the the Takahashi clan and their namesakes. She was no friend of the Deep Court, nor was he one of the Earth Court; they both had very different ambitions but they shared one common thread: being the last of their kind. Others like themselves had become a rarity, although half-breeds by lineage or by her own hand have become increasingly commonplace. She had no intent of perpetual peace with a race that would rather bend them to their will and strip her of her own but she was pragmatic enough to realize that her victory would not be assured in a single day. It was not her way to act in haste or thoughtlessly even if she did not realize it nothing was truly a whim.

"So what is this agreement... a abeyance of inimicality or a deferrance of war?" There was a difference between the two, once would require a lie and the other a civil agreement. Sentiments cannot change so quickly, an apology or a kind word does not melt a frozen heart the same day or in the case of an Earth Court Ancient same generation. However, waiting and patience were core tenets of their nature.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Shiori remained silent after hearing Kazuki's explanation for why he had summoned her. Perhaps she was digesting his words. Or simply had elected to ignore them and wait for Kuro. Who could tell? Only the Earth Queen, but she did not seem much talkative right now. "My Forbidden Goddess, please forgive me for not opening my eyes for I fear I will see the remnants of someone familiar to me and further break my heart in the tragedies that have befallen you and all that has happened over the centuries. Even though there was no love of humans and even less acceptance of demons it was long considered that the Earth Court were the more pragmatic and most sensible of Ancients. With the return of these relics I also offer you a chakra soul stone that contains the souls of 1000 slain criminals forbidden to pass on to the pure realm due to the nature and heinous acts of their crimes. May their judgment come swiftly at your hands as in the days of old when those punished were offered to the desert in retribution and tribute. Should you accept this boon I have one final gift to place at your feet should you agree to speak with me on matters most dire concerning the fates of your remaining kindred and an agreement of mutual neutrality towards one another." the Toraono Warlord told her, offering her a very valuable gift. Suna knew what it was. The other Sennin knew what he was offering, given his explanation. And the Overlord was also very aware of what it was. A large host of souls. A quantity that had taken him years to acquire. And Shiori had acquired such a host easily and with no hassle. The White Wolf felt envy growing within him. He also experienced a sense of lust growing inside. His Ancient and Senju nature practically begging him to grab that orb and take it for himself. Fortunately, Suna was quick to take care of the Silvery Haired Man's problem by absorbing the amber sphere. Also had it been a year back or so, and this would have been a much worse experience for everyone. Thankfully, Reaper's soul host had grown commensurably since Leaf's downfall. A product of the constant fights he had been.

"There are few of us that remain good Sennin. We have been hunted to near extinction by Rangers, and it was the Steward who refused to grant the Ancients who remained their liberties." the Earth Queen told the Toraono Warlord. Kazuki had heard this from a different number of sources now. The fact it, any peace between those two species were only temporary. Lamb has no permanent truce with a wolf. And neither could they. Their only hope for such utopia was using hybrids, such as the Overlord, to act as bridges between both worlds. And the same could be said between the Earth Court and the Deep Court. Reaper was in a particular position. He was a Deep Court halfbreed, no doubt about that. But he also shared qualities with the Earth Court. And incredibly, he also had traits that neither have, and did not come from his human side. Also sharing lineage with Mikaboshi, the White Wolf had no love lost for the Deep Court Lord. In fact, he was much more inclined to help Suna, than the lord of his own court. He could not join the Earth Court, but perhaps he could found his own. The Underworld court or something like that. "So what is this agreement... a abeyance of inimicality or a deferrance of war?" the Earth Queen would question Kuro, and effectively breaking the Silvery Haired Man's train of thought. Forced back into reality, Kazuki stood there silently, also waiting for the other guy's words. Up until now, he had no need to intervene, but the Sennin's choice of words would have a great impact in their future. If needed, Kazuki would take charge.

[MFT - 664]​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZmv7y_goLk][b][u]Oh Death![/u][/b][/url]]"]
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro struggled to deal with her words, that his wayward brother had taken up a banner against the remaining Ancients or that he was having a dispute with the only two he knew of, it seemed that a lesson in peace was needed. Sousuke was often difficult, emotionally lost, and easily misinterpreted. The same could be said of Kuro but the major difference was that Kuro was quick to admit and repair his mistakes. Kuro would open his eyes at her words and look upon the fabled Mother Suna and stand before her as he made his proclamation. "Mother Suna, you truly misunderstand our current Kazekage, were he a normal man with a normal soul he might be able to make the gestures necessary to prevent the problems he now faces. As his older brother I apologize on his behalf, once I have all the facts I will be able to explain his actions and the circumstances that made them necessary. As for my final gift you may recall that the original purpose of the Toraono Clan was to be both gladiators for Homura's amusement and act as guards for sacred areas and temples. As such I would like to reveal to you the location of an Earth Court Creche protected by a forgotten and a few months ago rediscovered portion of the Toraono Clan. The Genbu family were guardians of the Earth Court and as such have protected this mountain sanctuary for centuries. It was only during one of my personal forays through Toraono Clan records and remapping the area in the wake of end of the Diamond Storm that the once lost location was rediscovered where a small community of Earth Court Ancients in stasis remain secured and asleep. If you are willing I will take you there and reunite you with your people. All I ask in exchange is two things... a pact of mutual neutrality where I will personally ensure the safety of all Earth Court Ancients and their progeny against human hands and the servants of the Wind Daimyo as long as they are not active threats to humanity or the citizens of Suna. My second request is an equal exchange of knowledge, where I would share knowledge for knowledge of equal value. You must understand that the remnants of the Ancients must be preserved as your kindred are actually the fonts of nature. Without Ancients the world may very well fall into true chaos."<i></i> Kuro also placed a medium sized box at Kazuki's feet... (whether Kuro recognizes Mother Suna or not) The wooden chest was made by an ancient wood worker from the Southern outskirts of Wind Country and as such its seals and inner workings would respond equally to Kazuki's energies. If he looked inside Kazuki would find a manual for chakra crystal and chakra stone creation. 3 Chakra stones containing 1000 damned souls each although these souls were not members of the Toraono Clan they were simply people over the past century that had committed crimes too heinous to be allowed unto the wheel of reincarnation after being caught by hunter members of the Toraono Clan. Their fates had been stolen in compensation for the lives they had ruined in life. Six and a half more crystals of such potency remained in hidden Toraono Clan vaults to be used for bargaining again should the need arise. ((If Kuro recognizes Mother Suna he will speak with her about her circumstances as well.))

WC: 560
MFT

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was not aware that Homura had also taken demons into his court as gladiators. That dam cheat. She silently complained, the only outward evidence a twitch of a lopsided scowl. "I was unaware that my brother had taken demon champions," she admitted and she wondered what else the Flame Court Lord kept from her.

The Sennin's offer was to reunite her with her own kind, a kind that was thought to be extinct but apparently lived on in a forgotten portion of her former kingdom. It made little sense that her people would remain inert for so long considering the maelstrom and the advent of the Rangers who hunted them like wild dogs until she was among the last. It seemed unlikely, but unlikely and impossible are perhaps two sides of the same die and she could cast this multifaceted representation of chance because there was a thread of hope; a glimmer and she could not overlook the possibility. Of course her kind do not require a hibernation, their lives are long and a human generation passes them by in the blink of an eye, so the concept of sealing oneself away seemed foreign to her. Strange. It seemed slovenly and cowardly, neither being things that make an Earth Court Ancient although their slow, deliberate choices could be seen otherwise.
Could this be a trap? Possible.

Could he be speaking the truth? Possible.

Was it worth the risk? Yes.

"Neutrality... Protection of my kin.... Sharing of information..." She repeated the key parts of the Sennin's proposal and took a step forward in cadence with each spoken word. "It seems I am getting the better end of the deal... why?" She halted inches from Kuro and the ground groaned under their combined weight and started to bow. She did not say anything, rather she studied his face and his posture as she listened to his beating heart. The body often betrays the lips and she watched for an averted gaze, a frown or a nod to suggest deceit. Regardless of the warning she did or did not see she would give the same answer "...deal," she concluded as she extended her hand to grasp the demon's. A dark energy would seemingly emanate from her fingertips as she offered her grip. Kazuki would recognize the dark energies that betrayed her words as something similar to a cursed seal - an art Kazuki had mastered but he failed to consider why they could leave their mark or that Ancients had a powerset similar to something he so diligently studied in his youth. They were leaving a bit of themselves inside of those they sealed, tying them intrinsically to a shared heritage. Why: because it is harder to forsake or jilt your brethren and for some it simply killed them. Because she was replacing humanity, those that could or would survive at the very least one by one. She could have had a full-blooded child by now but she did not, rather she expended her energies into the very creatures that would hunt her if they knew. She could do the same with the Toraono, he would surely survive and his 'dedication' towards peace would only be solidified by his hybrid state. But no... not today and that was not why she was leaking, she had just eaten a host of souls and their presence was overwhelming. Before their hands touched, if they ever did she would cease the outflow of poison and corruption. It would hurt and she would immediately grow pale and cold as she did so but she was not about to make a scene at the site of a deal, also brother Kazuki did not need to see it; he did not need to catch on. Besides, she would have another opportunity, because 'yes' Earth Court Ancients could lie.

If Kazuki called out to warn Kuro of the non-threat, he would feel the earth give way beneath him and he would possibly fall into a dark pit if he failed to grab the earth's edge. She did not doubt her brother ability to survive but if he lacked such survival instinct Shiori would run her hands through an array of seals to summon an updraft to expel the Sennin before she apologized with a single word "sorry." She must have lost her concentration... yes, that was totally it. She had no intent to harm her brother, after all they were in a way family even if only distantly related. She just wanted him to stay quiet and not wreck the deal. She could have explained but a part of her was vindictive, she was jealous of the Sennin half-breed because he had two worlds that he could fit into with this duality of nature, however the same could not and never would be able to be said of the forlorn and friendless Queen. Friendships that she had fostered over a human lifetime wanted her dead the moment her true nature was revealed. She would not have hurt him... she loved him even if he did not love her back so much it hurt. It felt like an iron ball was resting on her chest, depressing her ribs causing them to nearly break and making it hard to breathe. She was rejected because she was different. She needed to eat to survive but the cost of her survival was a pittance to the good she could do. What is a soul of two to revive her when she is at the cusp of death, she went decades without a meal if she was not attempting to gather a force.

Now they had every right to fear her but she would make allies instead. In a way it was a boon for both much like the Sennin's suspicious offer. Power and protection, mutually-assured survival and/or destruction.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I was unaware that my brother had taken demon champions,"
"Neutrality... Protection of my kin.... Sharing of information..." She repeated the key parts of the Sennin's proposal and took a step forward in cadence with each spoken word. "It seems I am getting the better end of the deal... why?" She halted inches from Kuro and the ground groaned under their combined weight and started to bow. She did not say anything, rather she studied his face and his posture as she listened to his beating heart. The body often betrays the lips and she watched for an averted gaze, a frown or a nod to suggest deceit.

Kuro recognized Mother Suna as Sousuke's secretary he wasn't surprised but he would have to find a way to keep them apart from now on. Sighing inwardly Kuro explained her misconception as he reached out and took Mother Suna's hand in peace.

”Actually I feel I must explain myself, Homura used demons and demonbeasts as fodder for humans to fight in the arena. The original Toraono Clan was a group of successful Gladiator families that rebelled during a battle when the First Men arrived to free them. Homura’s elemental forces slaughtered all but 28 of the 1000 gladiators that rebelled. The Toraono Clan Elder gave up half his soul, half the soul of his dying son and his dying son’s body to form a pact with my ancestor and protect the remaining children and families of the gladiator families. Several other families did the same and formed blood and soul bonds with demonbeasts and celestials and in doing so they reformed the bloodlines of those remaining families along with mine own. If anything the Toraono Clan owes Homura thanks for forcing it to strengthen itself with otherworldly blood. So no he had no Demon champions. As far as why you are getting the better end of the deal…the Genbu clan only allowed me to approach because I bear Toraono Clan Sigils and the robes of a master so despite my appearance I am seen as family. They would not however allow me to enter the mountain refuge as they were instructed to only allow Earth Court Ancients to enter and they were given specific orders by an elder ranger that only Mother Suna herself was allowed to grant any humans entry into the sanctuary. I felt a significant amount of Earth energy there so I believe at least a dozen or less earth court ancients remain inside safe from harm. I assure you this is no trick and as proof of my sincerity a part of me will remain by your side to keep you well fed as I can regenerate my soul energies I hope I am able to provide you with the energy you need so you no longer require human souls for sustenance.”

"...deal," she concluded as she extended her hand to grasp the demon's. A dark energy would emanate from her fingertips as she offered her grip.

Kuro would recognize the energies of a seal as she manifested them, Kuro did not mind his blood allowed him to handle dark chakra and the like rather easily and as such he accepted her residual pact without malice or concern. As a near master of seals Kuro had little to fear from them and he did not sense the channeling of a morality or harmful seal despite the energies. Sanryoukyougan Kuro and Chouryoku Kuro readied themselves to be retainers for Mother Suna she must be kept sustained and free from harm.

Kuro took Mother Suna’s hand expecting the natural burn and surge of a seal or pact but that was not what occurred. Kuro’s left hand took Mother Suna’s right hand in the fashion he had read about that his ancestors would address the lower members of the Ancients and their caste system. As his hand grasped hers despite the fact that he dwarfed the size of her hand by almost two and half times her hand size the grip of their fingers interlacing brought him to his knees immediately as a part of Mother Suna poured through their physical contact as her energies overpowered the humanity of his body and immediately encountered the demonic aspect. His devilbeast side as a demon whom abided pacts filtered the overwhelming spiritual energies allowing the conversion of Kuro’s dual nature to become three. 50% Demon, 20% human, 30% Earth Court Ancient, a vast portion of his humanity was reborn and with it Kuro could now hear the echoes of the Earth itself. As a sage he could always feel it but the intensity of the elements was now far more vivid. It wasn’t just an urge or a tingle within his heart he could literally hear the whispers of the elemental spirits of nature, especially the earth. It seemed to groan in Mother Suna’s presence as if trying to grasp a lover long lost to touch. His left arm became heavy as his dark brown skin took on a near metallic sheen as the earth & spirit chakra rewrote three tenths of his DNA and with the spiritual presence of Mother Suna within him she could see all he knew and touch his demonic core with ease. She saw that Kuro could indeed lie but he always suffered severely for it. His tongue would swell or his throat would constrict, his heart would grow extremely heavy and slow his capacity to function. Kuro literally grew ill from lying and with his forged Earth Court nature that facet of his being was distinctly reinforced as his devil side would not yield one iota of its power. Kuro’s roared deep and loud as he sacrificed a portion of himself to maintain peace as he knew he would have given up everything. His lion’s roar shook the desert and the earth around them for a three hundred yard radius until the change was complete. His scent was earthier, fuller, and sweeter. His eyes had a deeper amber glow that slowly subsided leaving a subtle amber/gold ring within his rinnegan. As his roar subsided his left arm was fueled with a new capacity that he would have to check upon in private. As he began to breathe again he stayed on his knees before Mother Suna softly grasping her hand, he could feel her loneliness, her yearning, her scorn. He would have to be careful and kind in his questioning as he was truly dealing with a woman scorned. Kuro would wait for Mother Suna to either release her grip or tell him he could stand.

WC: 1000
MFT

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"Mother Suna, you truly misunderstand our current Kazekage, were he a normal man with a normal soul he might be able to make the gestures necessary to prevent the problems he now faces. As his older brother I apologize on his behalf, once I have all the facts I will be able to explain his actions and the circumstances that made them necessary. As for my final gift you may recall that the original purpose of the Toraono Clan was to be both gladiators for Homura's amusement and act as guards for sacred areas and temples. As such I would like to reveal to you the location of an Earth Court Creche protected by a forgotten and a few months ago rediscovered portion of the Toraono Clan. The Genbu family were guardians of the Earth Court and as such have protected this mountain sanctuary for centuries. It was only during one of my personal forays through Toraono Clan records and remapping the area in the wake of end of the Diamond Storm that the once lost location was rediscovered where a small community of Earth Court Ancients in stasis remain secured and asleep. If you are willing I will take you there and reunite you with your people. All I ask in exchange is two things... a pact of mutual neutrality where I will personally ensure the safety of all Earth Court Ancients and their progeny against human hands and the servants of the Wind Daimyo as long as they are not active threats to humanity or the citizens of Suna. My second request is an equal exchange of knowledge, where I would share knowledge for knowledge of equal value. You must understand that the remnants of the Ancients must be preserved as your kindred are actually the fonts of nature. Without Ancients the world may very well fall into true chaos." Kuro would offer her. It was quite a proposition and a very risky move on his part. Offering to protect Earth Court Ancients was a very dangerous gambit that could come to bite them all in the ass, but at least he had made certain such truce would immediately cease if they became a threat to Sunagakure and humanity as a whole. Unfortunately such thoughts were quickly discard as Kazuki saw his fellow Sennin depositing a wooden box in front of him. The Overlord of the Senju Clan slowly opened up and inspected the contents. He was swiftly filled with excitement as he understand what he had at his feet. A book about creating chakra crystals and chakra stones, something he had sought to learn for a while now. And although he had a book to use as basis, the White Wolf still wanted to talk with the Toraono Warlord about those. But what really made his day was a trio of stones.

Stones just as the one Shiori had received moments ago. Three soul stones, each containing a thousand souls, ready to be collected by the Silvery Haired Man. He extended his right hand toward the box, but did not bend over to provoke physical contact, as he had no need for such. His own shadow grew, overlapped the book and shrink back toward its owner. The book was gone, stored in a special void accessible only by Reaper. Only the three stones remained and they were going to be taken care off as well. The Suna's Sennin had stood there, apparently oblivious to Kuro's and Suna's continuous exchange of words, therefore he failed to see how the Earth Queen seemingly prepared a trap for the unsuspecting Toraono Warlord. With his still extended right hand, Kazuki shoot a trio of shadowy tendrils toward the soul stones. Each one was pierced by its respective tendril. Reaper's presence was usually associated with strange weather phenomena. The howl of the wind was always present whenever he was around, and today had been no exception. But as soon as he began to take those three thousand souls, this phenomena was heavily magnified. Tiny grains of sand began to raise from the ground as if the Overlord's absorption was affecting gravity itself. The more souls he took in, the darker the area became and eventually shadows began to fully cover the White Wolf, shaping and changing his appearance (check picture on the right for reference). He began to laugh out loud, but the sound was far from being nice. It sounded as twisted, demonic, as if it was coming from beyond. "Death is pleased by this offering" the Silvery Haired Man, or whatever creature this was, would note. Turning his head to his side, the Sennin would notice Kuro kneeling before Shiori. But this Kuro was different. If that was possible, Kazuki would believe he sensed an Ancient's cry coming from within the Toraono Warlord. "What have you done my Queen?" he would question her. The Overlord's body was not only different but it seemed to exude power. It seemed each one of them had undertook a change of some kind.

[MFT - 839]​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZmv7y_goLk][b][u]Oh Death![/u][/b][/url]]"]
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was taking them all with her, in one form or another. She seeped the same corruption into him that she allowed into the flesh of so many others. Most of them died but she was confident that the demon would survive. There were verbal contracts and then there were deeper unions, one that cannot be altered with labile intentions or a dishonest, duplicitous nature. It is easy to claim you support the rights, have the interests of or will act in the defense of another's needs or ambitions when they are not your own, there is always a risk that they could change their mind or side with another closer to them but there is no closer one than the self. When his needs coincided with hers or rather theirs, it would mean that they rarely find an impasse.

Kuro let out a roar as these energy blighted his system. She would feel spiritually drained, it was as if she was chipping away a piece of herself each and every time she did this. This was a transference Kazuki would not likely recognize, but a part of him would know. There were some things that came naturally like eating or breathing, you just know how without ever really noticing.

"What have you done my Queen?"

"Bonding brother," she replied cryptically. She was breathing harder as she gave Kuro's hand an upward tug. "With my touch I make him blood of my blood. Bone of my bone. I gave him part of my spirit so that two might be one and our ambitions be shared until life be done," she announced in common the best she could. It was a literal translation of an old rhyme and she let out a low laugh. "He gained more than he lost," she added. "He... like you traversed many worlds and would have to find balance in each one," there was a loneliness and a sense of scorn in her words. She did not trust half-breeds but she trusted them more than humans or demons and she should have died a long ago like the rest but somehow after all this time she endured alone.

The bond was made​
<i>
</i>

She relinquished her hold on the Toraono's hand and backed away. She was ready to go.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro placed his summoned tent and equipment back inside their scrolls. After breaking down the makeshift camp Kuro placed his hand upon the sand and with a quick surge of telekinesis eradicated any sign of their having been there. He quickly levitated a series of stones and led them all to a hidden mountain pass that until the end of the diamond storm had been buried in razor sands. As they crested ridges and worn stone hills special Toraono clan chakra crystal markers that symbolized the once lost Genbu family. Flying insects from the era of Fuujin & Homura blessed with elemental powers and poisons took flight in small swarms as they returned to their Genbu hosts whom acted as scouts and monitors for other Earth Court Ancients to place into stasis. The Genbu hosts were swiftly informed that the latest Toraono lord was escorting an Earth Court Ancient of great potential and the oldest ever encountered next to Naiya the Diamond Princess and her Jeweled Court. They had been protected for nearly two centuries locked inside a geode chamber that used temporal seals and chakra crystals to maintain a series of genjutsu that kept the ancients in an eternal dream/sleep like state. A spiritual mist of natural life energies kept them fed and maintained as a sage sat in their center maintaining their essences and keeping them all hidden from the rest of the world.

After traversing natural stone crests and levitated stone crests that allowed them to pass over the desert at speeds normally unattainable by anyone except Earth or Solar Court Ancients as they made their way to a mountain fortress that was hidden to anyone not using the exact path they traversed now.

Elemental insects from the era of the Ancients took flight as Kuro led Mother Suna and Kazuki to the Mountain Sanctuary. Their hosts took in the reports from the swarms giving them the knowledge that the current Toraono Lord led a true Earth Court Mistress, and a deep court sage to the sanctuary. None of the current Genbu Clan had ever met a Deep Court Ancient but being led by the Toraono Lord and without any other retainers they believed it should be an easy greeting all the same.

Elder Mukabe led the remaining group of thirty Genbu Clan members. All clad in Sandwyrm leather armor with traditional regalia and markings. A sense of nostalgia might steal over Mother Suna as Elder Mukabe submitted himself before her in the true fashion of a Gladiator or Guard before a master. His voice was hard and callous like the stone habitat he maintained watch over. “Greetings Mistress of the Sands, I am Elder Mukabe, a Genbu clan guardian of the Earth Court Ancients. My clan and I have maintained this sanctuary for nearly two hundred years. We welcome you to peace, bliss, and pampering for as long as you want to stay. Master Kuro is now under your watch so he may enter the sacred chambers along with your Deep Court Sage as only Earth Court royalty may allow access into their Sanctuary. We welcome you all… behold.”

With a gesture elemental earth empowered insects opened the chambers up to them allowing them to see that 12 stasis pods remained intact with 12 Ancients asleep inside. Instinctively Mother Suna would know each one.

The Gem Court

Naiya - Diamond
Rubi - Ruby
Emeraruu - Emerald
Safaia - Sapphire

The Metal Lords

Gin - Gold
Kin - Silver
Tetsu - Iron
Hagane - Steel

The Stone Masters

Onniksu - Onyx
Marabuu - Marble
Hari - Crystal
Ippin - Gem

The stasis chambers were maintained by a Rinnegan Sage whom used earth and water element to keep the area laced with a spiritual mist that nourished the remaining dozen ancients with her own expanded soul. Multiple implements empowered chakra crystals with genjutsu that allowed the remaining ancients to live out their lives in a dream like state. Kuro would pick up records from a nearby storage crystal that showed that the sanctuary once housed five dozen Earth Court ancients but many had left over the years venturing off on their own.

Kuro would pass the records over to Mother Suna as he looked over the magnificent chambers.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"Bonding brother. With my touch I make him blood of my blood. Bone of my bone. I gave him part of my spirit so that two might be one and our ambitions be shared until life be done. He gained more than he lost. He... like you traversed many worlds and would have to find balance in each one." Mother Suna would answer upon being inquired about what she had done to Kuro. It was quite an epic answer, but Kazuki couldn't stop himself from feeling she had tried to make the Toraono Warlord into a puppet. It remained to be seen how much free will the Sennin still had. The Deep Court Hybrid slowly returned to his human form. Although each transformation came with greater ease, it was still a rather weird event for him. To shed his skin, or have it covered in pitch darkness, would never feel normal. Maybe because he was not a normal being. Regardless, one though quickly overcame all others. "Kuro what have we done?" The Overlord was worried that his brother would find himself further divided and potentially swayed to do Suna's bidding. Furthermore, he was not fully aware if such bonding carried any loss of free will, and if it did, then there was trouble brewing for them. Fortunately, it would seem those Ancients persisted on making the same mistake, time and time again.

The vast majority of humanity abhorred oppressors and hated the sense of loss of free will. It was why they rebelled against Ancients before, and it was why they continuously rebelled when an oppressor tried to rule over them. They had not been made to simply bow down and given enough time, they would revolt and strike back. And, at first sight, it would seem the Earth Queen was going to fall for that. "You have so much to learn." the White Wolf would mutter after sighing heavily. He had no ill feelings toward the being once known as Takahashi Shiori. He did not wish to see her fall from heaven, but seemed to be trying her best to be conquered. The world would lose more with her loss than most would ever realize. Extinction is never a beautiful thing and Ancients were so few in numbers nowadays. The world needs diversity to evolve, losing that race could prove to be a stopping point in their evolution.

Seemingly at a loss of words, the Toraono Warlord packed his things and through means of levitation, transported them all toward the sacred housing of the last 12 Earth Court Ancients that stood dormant. Sped up by those means of transportation, the trio quickly made his way into a secret mountain fortress. Eventually they were greeted by what seemed to be the leader of the Genbu Clan. “Greetings Mistress of the Sands, I am Elder Mukabe, a Genbu clan guardian of the Earth Court Ancients. My clan and I have maintained this sanctuary for nearly two hundred years. We welcome you to peace, bliss, and pampering for as long as you want to stay. Master Kuro is now under your watch so he may enter the sacred chambers along with your Deep Court Sage as only Earth Court royalty may allow access into their Sanctuary. We welcome you all… behold.” And upon speaking those words, 12 large stasis pods were revealed before their eyes. The last of the still free Earth Court Ancients. The Silvery Haired Man stood there in apparent awe as the scales swiftly turned to the Earth Court favor. They had the advantage now.

[MFT - 596]​
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back