Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Monsters Inc [Kuro/Shiori]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths

"You have so much to learn."

She was not repeating the same mistakes, she was making new ones. She afflicted Kuro with the same condition she suffered from, an Ancient heritage. Yes, his was only in part but that was all that was necessary for him to know the driving hunger, the desire and affinity as subscribed by their element. He would not be beholden to the dictates of an Ancient's nature, unlike herself where choices were nonexistent. "I know what I am doing brother," she claimed but that statement was a lie. She had an ultimate goal, yes but she did not know how she was going to get there. Time was on her side, this was nothing more than trial and error and if it failed like so many others things did before then so be it, she would try something else and eventually she would succeed even if her victories were more the result of her long life than actual successes. "I just want--" her voice trailed off. To survive. To not be alone. To be understood. She shook her head, "...nothing"[/b] she muttered as she followed the Ancient-demon hybrid onto a hovering stone.

The camp that the Toraono and Senju occupied was broken down, the presence of their union was destroyed leaving not even their footprints in the sand. She watched with idle interest, she certainly was a source of shame but she knew it already but there was a more 'human-like' part of her was hurt. She knew that she was judged for what she was, what she might do, and what she could do and she was reviled for that. Up until that point she had led a rather irrelevant human life, but the moment that her true origins were known she was the enemy. The deceiver. Decades of relationships, friendships and choices forgotten because of what she was and because she disagreed, It is easy to be indifferent to the plight of another when they are simply considered 'bad.' When they are considered to be the 'enemy' and when you are told tales that their destruction was necessary for your continued survival. These concerns then become a bit muddled when you remember that you are what they are, then you see the tethers not as 'precautions' but rather as a 'prison.' You develop a sense of empathy for the monsters you reviled and feared because in the end that was her sin. She ignored her voracious hunger for decades and could have done so for longer, after all Ancients predated man by a great margin - Ancients did not always eat souls. She ate to survive, to escape that limbo she was reduced to in death and more recently for power as she sought to regain all of the things she had lost.

The boulder shifted beneath her as it took flight, the desert expanse a distant vista to behold. Most would consider the desert to be something mundane, those rolling gilded hills dotted with the rare twisted thorny plant or verdant xerophilous vegetation that could be found in the distance. A veil of beatles took flight as they crested over the edge of a stony ledge, their rainbow-colored carapaces and gossamer wings obscured their vision. The thrumming of their wings was near deafening as she was left momentarily 'blind' in more than one sense. She swayed before she lowered herself to a crouching position on the earth she occupied, her fingers coiled tightly around the edge. She waited, like all things this too would pass. This could be a trap, in fact she assumed it would be. Two Sennins meeting her in the desert, she understood one having Ancient sympathies considering his bloodline lineage but the other had no reason. If they thought they could take her to the furthest reaches of the desert to kill her, they would be in for a surprise. She remained silent for their journey as the reached a near forgotten and remote rocky region. She did not know this place nor did she know the Genbu Clan but apparently they knew her.

The stones had stopped in building that took her back several centuries, to a time when buildings were carved not erected. The Earth Court stood in this precarious place between the depths and the sky, slivers of natural light filtered in from the open roof and the building was chiseled from the side of a mountain and did not burrow into the spaces below. She could feel a pain deep within, she felt homesick. She had been displaced from time and her former life by centuries. She should have died with them but instead of doing so she sacrificed herself in a failed attempt to resurrect Ancient's greatest warriors Homura and Fuujin. There was nothing for her in this world but she knew that she would somehow endure, she did not have a deathwish but she had a yearning for more than the lonesome existence she had. Her heel echoed loudly as it tapped on the cool stone floor. They were met with a group of thirty-odd and Shiori cupped her hands in front of her. The hollowed stone walls started to groan with an unspoken intent as she stook several brisk steps forward. "Rangers?" She exhaled, expecting confirmation to be at the end of a blade as she tensed herself and prepared herself to fight.

Imagine her surprise when they took to their knee. Her glower fell away and was replaced with a mask of confusion while she waited for the other shoe to drop. Her ears twitched as she waited for Kazuki and Kuro to stab her in the back.

“Greetings Mistress of the Sands, I am Elder Mukabe, a Genbu clan guardian of the Earth Court Ancients. My clan and I have maintained this sanctuary for nearly two hundred years. We welcome you to peace, bliss, and pampering for as long as you want to stay. Master Kuro is now under your watch so he may enter the sacred chambers along with your Deep Court Sage as only Earth Court royalty may allow access into their Sanctuary. We welcome you all… behold.”

His hoarse voice mimicked the sound of crumbling stone seemed to escape his throat. Her eyes darted to where Kazuki stood -- Deep Court Sage? Her attention was quickly diverted when the elder proved his intent beyond all doubt and twelve tombs were revealed. She could feel them, the dull hum of their aura. It seemed surreal to be in the presence of another and she felt numb. Her arms and her legs were still, her lips had a numb tingle. The only thing she could feel was this pain in her core, it was as if someone has punched her in the gut and all of her air ran off. She did not know them, their names or their histories and she did not care. The only thing she knew with utter certainty was that she was not alone for the first time in centuries.

The walls were suddenly eerily silent.

"Alive?" She attempted to confirm, although their continued 'life' was irrelevant as long as she had the body. She could weave the threads of life and fate in her favor when it was necessary. "Thank you good and faithful ally." She chose her words carefully, she was not their Queen or anyone's. Who was the Queen over a realm of a dozen or a score? "The days of old were thought to be no more," a truth determined by the fact that humanity had won with the advent of the Rangers and Primus' victory that demoralized the Great Courts. "The previous generation has indeed failed to pass away," her voice started to rumble as she approached one of the tombs.

"Ironic," she would announce as she planted her hand on the first, whichever tomb that was. "The lived by... waiting," her eyes glazed over and widened as if she made a revelation just then. How could she have been so foolish to not realize! She gestured for whatever Genbu who were capable to do so to open these relics. Her fingers gripped the sides of the stone capsule that encased her brethren and the beautifully carved stonework cracked in her grip before she attempted to rip away the face. "And you existed alongside them without incident." Was it possible for man and Ancient to coexist? No, of course not. That was a fool's want, but for now she was going to take the role of humbled regent and multiply her allies. Their final days could be accomplished, happy days. "Perhaps there is hope yet for peace between the tribes of man and the courts of Ancients in a sort of symbiosis or synergistic relationship."

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro looked to Kazuki and smiled as he spoke aloud "Fascinating, is it not?"
Kuro placed the records of the Ancients that had left sanctuary in the last 100 years as others had been free to come and go at their leisure and their strength. One of the records indicated that a rather strong guardian had gone in search of Mother Suna with his 2 Genbu guardians only to face off against a mountainous scorpion and have only his hybrid child survive him. That hybrid was Mukabe... As the Genbu used their insects to open the crystal, gem, or metallic creche's the sleeping forms of the twelve became obvious as a soft sweet smelling mist dissipated from around them and the Rinnegan Sage that kept them all fed with natural energy and her soul took a shuddering deep breath as she was freed from her burden for the first time in 50 years. The Rinnegan Sage ironically named Sharduu stood up to bow before Mother Suna and her guardians as Kuro placed a healing hand upon her face like a lost love and touched her forehead to his own in a Toraono greeting of happiness, concern, and faith as she explained how she had maintained their nourishment after the last sage before her passed on. Knowledge that Kuro had theorized became truth as Kuro turned to Mother Suna and explained to her what must occur to set her free from the shackles of hunger. "My Queen, according to Sharduu, our brethren here can be nourished by the extended soul energies of sages like myself. You nor they need ever feed on others again lest it be like the days of old where you would take the souls of those whom have wronged the people or failed the test of the desert or so books and legends make it seem. Then again only you might know the truth behind our fairy tales. The twelve will awaken from their stasis soon, what would you have myself or the Genbu Clan do for you?"<i></i>

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
"I know what I am doing brother. I just want...nothing" Shiori answered him. Kazuki almost chuckled but stopped himself before any sound or even body movement could have been made. "Nothing you say? Indeed, indeed." he replied back, allowing his voice to carry a specific tone. He wanted to show her he was not convinced, not by a long shot. The Senju Overlord knew she craved for company. He knew she did not want to be left alone, the last Earth Court Ancient. He could not be fooled as easily as she hoped. Eventually the trio would reach the Earth Court's secret haven and they would be met by members of the Genbu Clan. "Fascinating, is it not?" Kuro would question the White Wolf once the halls were fully revealed and the sight of twelve slumbering Ancients was seen. "Indeed brother Kuro. It seems the Ancient race is not as tiny as one initially thought. Now if only they could allied themselves with us." the Silvery Haired Man replied. Reaper took a few steps in, coincidentally, approaching the Mukabe in the process. "Tell me Elder one, what do you mean by Deep Court Sage?" the Occult Sennin questioned the Genbu leader. Although he did not pay much attention initially, the words kept ringing on his mind. Until he was forced to question that out loud. But perhaps even more important, how did he know he was a Deep Court Hybrid?

"Alive? Thank you good and faithful ally. The days of old were thought to be no more. The previous generation has indeed failed to pass away. The lived by... waiting. And you existed alongside them without incident. Perhaps there is hope yet for peace between the tribes of man and the courts of Ancients in a sort of symbiosis or synergistic relationship." the Earth Queen spoke. She barely contained the maelstrom of emotions swirling inside. Kazuki shook his head upon hearing the last part of her little speech. After all he had heard coming from her mouth, specifically the part denying any possibility of Humans and Ancients living together. In fact, saying they were totally incompatible, she was now believer? Not going to going to happen. "Fooling yourself again are we?" the Senju Overlord whispered to her.
[MFT - 377]​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZmv7y_goLk][b][u]Oh Death![/u][/b][/url]]"]
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"My Queen, according to Sharduu, our brethren here can be nourished by the extended soul energies of sages like myself. You nor they need ever feed on others again lest it be like the days of old where you would take the souls of those whom have wronged the people or failed the test of the desert or so books and legends make it seem. Then again only you might know the truth behind our fairy tales. The twelve will awaken from their stasis soon, what would you have myself or the Genbu Clan do for you?"

They did not know? Strange. It is funny how easily things could be forgotten with the passage of enough time. Ancients only 'ate' souls because it was a concentration of energy, the desert itself was bountiful enough to sustain them much like the endless skies were enough for the solar court. The consumption of souls was like eating dessert, a decadent luxury to some causing many to crave them. To others it was a necessity, souls were a lot like calories although humans fail to understand the utilitarian nature of them. Calories are a unit of heat and in turn energy, many attempt to reduce their caloric consumption less the famed Akimichi clan due to fears of obesity. Humans had a strange way of storing excess energy, they made themselves slothful and actions requiring more energy due to their relative girth. It seemed contradictory. That energy should have made them stronger, faster, their attacks more powerful but in them for the most part it did not. Her consumption of souls was a necessity, she valued her own existence and freedom over the lives of strangers. She knew Sousuke would kill her and that it might be sooner than later considering the fact that two of his Sennins were aware of her identity.

"I... do not think... I have a need... or... want for anything more," she finally replied after a period of protracted silence. Her eyes never leaving her brothers and her son's crypts.
Perhaps there is hope yet for peace between the tribes of man and the courts of Ancients in a sort of symbiosis or synergistic relationship.

"Fooling yourself again are we?"

Kazuki whispered. No, just lying. Unlike some, she could lie. "Perhaps," she lied again. Knowing full well that saying otherwise would place her kin in the direct line of fire from at least the Sennin pair if they came to think of these remnants from a time long ago passed as a threat to their way of life. She would have done the same to the first men if she knew what tragedy would follow them. While she had waited centuries for this reunion, the moments that has passed just now felt like eons. She could feel her own existence burning with want; a want to be surrounded by her own kind. She was tired of being alone and she was no longer the last.
She did not want to wait. She could not wait. She had forgotten how.​

She approached one of the sarcophagus', her fingers twisted around the lip of the lid and it would moan as she pulled and peeled away the face of her brethren's resting place. "I have been mortal and some part of me is mortal yet. I am full of tears and hunger and the fear of death, although I cannot weep, I want nothing, and I will not due. I am not like the others now, for no Earth Court Ancient that was ever was could regret, but I do. I regret." She regretted her nature and the choices her nature dictated. She regretted all the things that could have been and missed all the things she lost. She was not impartial. She was not a neutral arbitrator of the First Law and she had not been for a long time. Her heart ached and in the back of her throat she could only taste gall. Her eyes saw a world that was nothing more than a few shades of grey, the heritage she clung to nothing but specters of a greater time. Her voice shook as the lid was ripped away. "I... am so... sorry."

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: My apologies on the wait for this skimpy reply

Mukabe waved his left hand to keep the lid from falling to the ground and insects of elemental metal nature lifted the lid through direct team work before placing it against the wall. Kuro stepped back and used his telekinesis to lift another lid. Yet it was the first lid that Mother Suna lifted that had an immediate reaction as the Earth Court Ancient Onniksu awakened with the removal of the embedded genjutsu seal and emerged from the stasis crystal chamber in one fluid motion. His form was blackened earth with onyx internal armor. His eyes were lapis gems and the crystalline filaments that made up his hair were white quartz. Mother Suna was able to see that at least one foot remained in contact with the ground beneath his feet at all times. His essence was strength his nature was to harbor and protect he fell to one knee like a knight before royalty.

“My Queen, how may I serve thee?”
An Earth Court Master, a battlesmith able to form weapons from the elements of the earth at will. Onniksu was one of the Stone Masters, they were makers and defenders they followed her orders without question. When she had abstained from battle they followed her lead and many returned to the earth. Now a dozen more walked the lands again chained to their eternal legacy in a new time of strife and turmoil.

Kuro would motion to Kazuki over to him so he could show Kazuki the records detailing other Ancients whom had come and gone on about their way other the last century.
Mukabe walked next to Kazuki as he explained … “Your Deep Court energy is easily recognized by the elemental rukh that share my existence, What is even more formidable is your ‘Walk of Twilight’ the way you encompass life and death in each breath is the way of the ‘Soul-Forgers’ or Sages as men might know you. These energies too are easily detected by my Rukh they are very sensitive to chakra, elemental, spiritual, dark, and holy energies are all easily perceived by them and through them I can interpret that strength and give it meaning.”

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
“Your Deep Court energy is easily recognized by the elemental rukh that share my existence, What is even more formidable is your ‘Walk of Twilight’ the way you encompass life and death in each breath is the way of the ‘Soul-Forgers’ or Sages as men might know you. These energies too are easily detected by my Rukh they are very sensitive to chakra, elemental, spiritual, dark, and holy energies are all easily perceived by them and through them I can interpret that strength and give it meaning.” Mukabe explained. Kazuki pondered a bit regarding the Hybrid's explanation. He had quite an interesting ability. And very useful as well. "It seems you are what shinobis would call as a Sensor. And you seem to be quite adept at it. Tell me. Is that something innate to you or can others learn to do it as well?" Reaper inquired. Of course he would be attracted to such ability. It would give him a tremendous edge over his adversaries. But only if he had the ability to learn it. "I have never heard the work rukh before. What is it? Is rukh your definition for your hybrid nature? Please explain." the Silvery Haired Man would request. There was so much he could learn from such an ancient being, he would not allow such opportunity to be discarded.

Still he did not forgot Kuro and so he would approach his fellow Sennin so he could see what the Toraono Warlord was trying to show him.​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZmv7y_goLk][b][u]Oh Death![/u][/b][/url]]"]
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a part of her that expected whatever was left inside to be nothing more than the vestiges of one of her children, inert earth or a bare space with the only evidence of what there once was being the lingering energies that has settled there. A part of her almost hoped for that, they had slept for centuries in these vessels and they would awaken in a 'new world' where they would be hated, shunned and likely soon enough hunted once again. This was no place for them. She should let them sleep longer still; let them sleep until the legacy of man has faded away and the world was hers once more. But she could not, she was lonesome. There was this deep yearning for something that was like her. Something that she did not have to be mindful of stabbing her in her back, hating her for her nature and seeking her kind's destruction or enslavement. She did not trust the Deep Court, not only did they outnumber her but she understood their nature and the fact that duplicity was part of what they were. If given reason or opportunity she felt that either would betray her if they were ever her ally in the first place and they outnumbered her two to one. They needed to wake up even if this was not the world intended for them.

They were very much alive. Eyes seemed to break the darkness, not just the whites reflecting the ambient lighting but rather an intense blue that seemed to radiate with energy. What strode forth was something she had not seen in centuries, not simply the anthropomorphism of a distant element but rather one she she shared. There was a remarkable kinship between those who were the same, it was more than a sense of comradery or love or even belonging but rather family. It was something she had sought to find before in the Takahasi and in what remained of the other courts. The hubris was too great for there to ever be unity between the darkness and the earth.

A dozen Earth Ancients strode from their chambers like the first. There was an overwhelming wave of emotion that she fought to swallow but it was hardly a tear-soaked reunion as the Ancient genuflected before her. There was that pomp and circumstance that she had nearly forgotten about.

“My Queen, how may I serve thee?”

She did not have an answer, she simply breathed in the nostalgia. "Rise brother, this is not a land of kings, queens or gods, only legacies." She waited for him to stand, any intent desire or 'human' reaction she might have she would suppress for the time being, they were only just awoken and she assumed as she always had that she was surrounded by her enemies. "You are the last vestiges of the Earth Court" she announced but she was wrong. She looked around without passing her gaze over any onlookers, she needed to be careful about what she said. "There is no kingdom," she reiterated "but I find solace in the fact that others, albeit only a few have survived." She needed to get them out of here and away from them. This clan of dedicated men and women who preserved these Ancients all this time she had no reason to distrust, they had the opportunity to destroy them for the last several generations. She did not, however, trust the Sennins. They had allied themselves with Sousuke and he had already declared war on her kind. The emergence of others would only hasten their efforts to destroy the last remnants of her Court before they could become a threat once again.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In one smooth motion Onniksu rose from his kneeling position and stood before his queen. He looked to the others still groggy from their chambers and nodded in affirmation to speak for them to which many simply waved, blinked or shrugged. He in turn spoke on what he did know, security, and protection. “My Queen, it is good to know that you are still amongst us as well, the Genbu clan have diligently followed our requests and this fortress is capable of movement should you need it. I am Onniksu of the Stone Battlesmiths, I am obedience without question, whatever you will I will accomplish.” Holding out his right hand to her Onniksu was making an effort to properly greet his Queen. He was heavily mired in protocol and easily influenced by her slightest whims.

Meanwhile: On the far side of the ante chamber well away from Mother Suna and her kin...
Kuro would motion to Kazuki over to him so he could show Kazuki the records detailing other Ancients whom had come and gone on about their way other the last century.
Mukabe explained that 'Rukh' were the elemental symbionts that shared his existence and that anyone could possess the ability to sense others but his was unique due to the symbionts within him being insectoid elementals that could function on their own and protect him and his charges in the same way ants might defend their mounds. Mukabe stood next to Kazuki just as Kazuki stood next to Kuro where Kuro produced a map that showed other possible sites of Ancient repositories. Mukabe explained a bit more… “The simplest way to sense another is simply to refine the manner in which you tend to find or experience things and then expand upon it. For Lord Toraono it is his sight. For myself it is my symbionts, for you I wager it might be spiritual first.”

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Mukabe's explanation allowed Kazuki to learn that the Elder one was a Aburame of sorts. He had created a symbiotic relationship with elemental insectoids that were powered by the energy of Ancients. A strange thing if you come to think of it. Aburames were not a rare kind of shinobi, but one's such as Mukabe were. In fact, despite being a traveled man, he had never encountered such breed before. “The simplest way to sense another is simply to refine the manner in which you tend to find or experience things and then expand upon it. For Lord Toraono it is his sight. For myself it is my symbionts, for you I wager it might be spiritual first.” Mukabe would further explain. The Senju Overlord's curiosity was sated. He already knew how to sense others. In fact, because he was so attuned to death, he had the ability to perceive everything related to the supernatural, unlike most of the world's population. After all, he had started his life as a hunter of those, even if he now spend his time enslaving them, so they would serve under his will on his own private army. "I appreciate your explanation Elder One. Your assessment is correct. Although I am adept at tracking chakra, my sensor skill is much more potent if I focus on my ability to sense the supernatural. On such spheres, my mastery is unparalleled and I scarcely find those that can match me or even surpass." the Senju Overlord would declare. His ability to command the dead was not a common trait of the world of humanity. Not only that, but few would openly admit their capabilities to summon those that had long past away. He had never saw the need to disguise what he was capable of, even if his practices would go against the law of the Hidden Village he resided in.

Kuro would began to show him a map where possible Ancient repositories could be located. The White Wolf memorized them all before declaring. "We should check how Suna is faring. As far as I know, she might be already plotting the conquering of the Wind Country with her newfound brothers and sisters." the Silvery Haired Man would declared. He had tried to jest, but her plans of world domination were well within the realm of reality. And with a dozen of Earth Court Ancients at her command, perhaps something achievable if a blitz tactic was used. So he calmly made his way toward the chamber where Shiori was. "Welcome brother. I hope you can find piece in this new century" Reaper would greet the one Ancient kneeling in front of Mother Suna.​
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She did not trust Kazuki. When he entered it took everything she had to stay her hand and not start a fight in this sanctuary. She did not look at the Deep Court Ancient, she did not need to because she could see him better without looking. Eyes lied in ways her ears would not. Still she focused a majority of her attentions on him. Don't trust that one, she mouthed to the Ancient before her as she nodded her head in Kazuki's direction. Beyond that she said and did little more until he stood. She laced her fingers with Onniksu and her fingers melted away becoming nothing more than sand when she came into contact with her fellow Ancient. "Sand of my Sand... Earth of the same Earth. Split from the same soul and the same earth we birth. Brother and peer, I hold most dear."<i></i> It was an old greeting, but a common one in their court. The purpose was to see if the sands would flow freely through each other in the absence of her carapace that made her seem almost human. It chipped away revealing the winds beneath and the shining granules of sand beneath.

There would be a sound or rather a song that could be heard. Much like the chill or the lively shadows exuded by the Deep Court or the roiling heat released by the Flame Court, the air would be filled with wind and sound. The sounds did not have words nor did they have any meaning in particular, rather it was a sound that indicated the temperament of the Court member. Such as the temperatures that plummeted in the presence of a wrathful Deep Court denizen. It was a lyrical, yet strange nonsensical sound that seemed to emanate from her once her shell broke away. The winds were hot, but they would take with them whatever chill the other Court's presence offered.

World domination was not a far off bet, but not today. Today she had to play nice. The Genbu were loyal, diligent servants to her court and cause, something she would have to keep in mind. Her brothers seemed to be in good repair after the passage of centuries and human generations not only was their presence protected but it remained a secret. "I cannot thank your clan enough for the services you have paid the Earth Court, it will not be forgotten."<i></i> She was not beholden to her world, unlike the Deep Court however even she had her pride.

This temple could move. Or so said Onniksu. "Do you remember Baylos?"<i></i> The great tower of Baylos, a massive structure that faded into perdition during the earliest years of even the Ancients. A site of fantastical wonders and forgotten technology that predated even her. Ancients predated man but Ancients were far from the first. All that remained in the wake of this forgotten race was their golems. The wheels in her head had started to turn. Buried by the Earth Court centuries ago, the great tower was ironically close to where the tribes of man dwelt. "Perhaps it is time for the tower to rise."<i></i> There was a reason they buried the tower so many years ago. There was a reason that they locked away the sentinels beneath those sands. Did she truly think that after all of this time the golems would be inert? -- No, not at all. This was the brink of war.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Peace… is a gift to all whom obey and show themselves worthy of the life Mother Suna grants them. If she so wills it I will know Peace. I greet you in return Deep Court Sage may your shadows never fail you.”
Onniksu nodded to Mother Suna without looking as the earth told him everything in contact with it within a 3 mile radius. Onniksu accepted the gift of her touch with the reverence of a child for their mother shuddering with joy as the other court members bowed in acceptance. The Genbu Clan as one fell to their knees in Mother Suna's unleashed presence, Kuro too found himself on one knee his heart heavy with power but his spirit fiercely free from burden.

Exchanging some of his essence with her own involuntarily Onniksu bowed before her without kneeling having accepted her touch. His body was human in form but Kazuki and Kuro could see his flesh was not true flesh but moving stone. Almost pure bronze ore in color save his white hair which was actually fine crystal simulating human hair. With her words Onniksu focused his earthborn will and a distinct questioning surge of spiritual energy rippled from beneath his feet traveling vast distances in an instant until he touched what his Queen sought he smiled genuinely as he replied. “My Queen, seals upon the Forgotten Towers are in place and hold even now, the Genbu clan will move this fortress at your command although its movement is slower than your normal guardian transports. I can direct us to the main seal in one lunar cycle ((however long you wish one moon to be)) without the notice of the sandwyrms, You have but to will it and I will ensure you safe passage.” With a gesture a crystal rose from the earth and projected an image of the sealed tower and the flicker of movement from its near immortal sentinels.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
“Peace… is a gift to all whom obey and show themselves worthy of the life Mother Suna grants them. If she so wills it I will know Peace. I greet you in return Deep Court Sage may your shadows never fail you.” the first of the Earth Court Ancients to awake replied back. Kazuki found this an odd way to answer to his words. Such reverence was uncommon to him. Sure, he followed a leader as aptly as another shinobi. But he did not think those superior to him as gods, just as this Ancient, or even Kuro, did. In fact, the oddness of the entire scene increased twofold as Shiori revealed herself in all her glory. Wind picked up, not unlike in the Overlord's presence, but it carried a melody it did not with the White Wolf. Also while the air temperature plummeted whenever the Silvery Haired Man was, this wind carried a kind of warmth only a mother could provide. Although invisible, and probably not wanted, there was a battle of wills going on. Earth vs Deep. Although allies, there were would always be a tension between those two courts. But Suna's layer shedding action was not the only thing increasing the oddness. The fact that every Ancient, every member of the Genbu Clan, and, Zabucho forbid, even the Toraono Warlord knelt before her. The only one that remained standing, and silent, was Reaper himself.

“My Queen, seals upon the Forgotten Towers are in place and hold even now, the Genbu clan will move this fortress at your command although its movement is slower than your normal guardian transports. I can direct us to the main seal in one lunar cycle ((however long you wish one moon to be)) without the notice of the sandwyrms, You have but to will it and I will ensure you safe passage.” the Stone made Ancient would indicate. The Occult Sennin would not overlook the mention of a moving fortress. The Earth Queen had just found a valuable base of operations. A keep where not only a dozen of Ancients used to lay dormant, but also a dozen of hybrids ready to do her bidding. And to top it off, this building had the ability to move. Things were getting better and better for team humanity. "Do you remember Babylos? Perhaps it is time for the tower to rise" Shiori would reply. Kazuki had read the myths about Babylos. The Tower that was once the home for the Solar Court. But who could tell what untold dangers and secrets the tower still held? "What is it that you seek inside the tower Mother Suna?" he would inquire. If gone unnoticed so far, Shiori would realize the White Wolf was significantly near her this time around. He had used his ability to fuse with shadows to walk toward her, something neither of them had the ability to do replicate. He was alone among a see of Earth. A foreign body inside a living organism. When was he going to be expunged?

[MFT - 508]​
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It has been centuries since.

“Peace… is a gift to all whom obey and show themselves worthy of the life Mother Suna grants them. If she so wills it I will know Peace. I greet you in return Deep Court Sage may your shadows never fail you.”

And she was not alone. Nothing else mattered. There was no pain or weight, the loss was still there and that would never go away but it could be pushed somewhere else deep and away. Humanity did not want her, they would destroy her if given the oppertunity as they already tried before. Kazuki would know, he stood by and watched what Sousuke did. Peace at one time was the way of their Court. They were strong and they endured, a testament to what they were. But nothing lasts forever. Time had chipped away at them and dwindled their numbers, eroding them as a species to the handful that they were. The desert takes no sides in war, that was something that she abided by in Godsfall and in the days that followed. But the desert was also unforgiving, it does not give second chances or withdraw. Beholden to the first law -- peace was an illusion. "Yes, peace"</GLOW><i></i> her voice rang as she lied.

They were neophytes in this world so displaced from the one they knew. The illusion would persist. They needed to gain strength beyond their numbers, a single Ancient was worth a hundred, no a thousand men. She mentioned Baylos, once the center of known civilization and heart of the Solar Court. The lands that surrounded Baylos were fertile and lush and a tower of black crystal seemed to pierce the heavens. Known to some as the hall of splendors, the tower of wonders and to others as the seat of the sun god. Fuujin likened himself to a god-king. with his power and his hubris, none could truly protest his claim and those who tried learned the consequence for their mettle. It is ironic that if a weaker or a lesser creature had taken the same seat they would have been thought mad and when one with the strength and force of nature was able maintain an iron hold he was resented nor for his rule but for his arrogance in doing so. The Tower of Baylos was a tribute to himself and his consolidated power as well as that of his court. His hubris made him blind to a great many things but none were blind to his structure that at one time could be seen in the furthest corners of Wind Country. Denizens of the Solar Court were proud, almost snobbish Ancients, barely tolerating other Courts, much less the great unwashed masses beyond the borders of civilization and the lesser races such as man. They regarded the First Men as savages, and the 'pets of the Flame Court' in particular as brutal savages. Despite memories of ill-gained power and the ego that accompanied, the tower itself even without its maker had its uses. The Tower sunk into the sands and the vegetation withered away shortly after Fuujin's passing. Some thought it was his will that kept the tower upright, much like his heaven palaces all lost, forgotten and no longer held aloft.

“My Queen, seals upon the Forgotten Towers are in place and hold even now, the Genbu clan will move this fortress at your command although its movement is slower than your normal guardian transports. I can direct us to the main seal in one lunar cycle ((however long you wish one moon to be)) without the notice of the sandwyrms, You have but to will it and I will ensure you safe passage.”

"Not yet,"<i></i> she announced. "Humanity still seeks our end and the Earth Court wars again with the tribes of men, but humanity as a whole believes us a dead race."<i></i> Some might consider her inaction a sign of cowardice, perhaps there was a hint but there was also prudence. Rash actions are left to those of the flame, not earth and stone. "I am far from what I was, but I am capable to hold my own. The years have likely atrophied you and while I am certain that these trusted friends of the Earth Court,"<i></i> yes that was the term she chose for them. "I fear for your safety in the face of their savage hate."<i></i> It was a true statement considering the fact that no matter how dense someone was, they were not going to miss a hovering structure of earth and ancient runes as it meandered past their cities and caravans. "That said, there was another matter"<i></i> or rather concern "to contend with."<GLOW glow="darkgoldenrod"> The breeze called but did not say his name: Kazuki. She was not concerned about the Toraono, he led her here despite Sousuke's resentment when he could have slaughtered her brethren and their watchers without her ever knowing.

"What is it that you seek inside the tower Mother Suna?"

The answer was simple. "The golems and the sunblade."<i></i> The wind whispered and moaned. "And I assume you would want to come. I am leaving immediately."<i></i> She knew better than to dally, she could not delay nor could she allow herself to be far removed from her kind. Who knows what betrayals might take away what she has only most recently gained.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
So it would seem they were now on a quest to uncover the long lost and forgotten, mythical tower of Babylos. The ancestral home of the Solar Court and apparently, where Shiori would further increase her army via dormant golems. But increasing the head count of her followers was not all she was after. She was after a weapon. The Senju Overlord had never heard about that sword before. He could only deduce it was a blade of magnificent power that had been used by the Solar Court. Perhaps, the one used by their leader. The White Wolf already had Frostmourne, he did not another blade, but he was well aware that he could not allow Mother Suna to acquire such a powerful weapon. Doom was coming to Man, but he was there to prevent it. "By all means. Lead the way Earth Queen and the Deep Court will follow. Let us uncover what lies resting inside the Babylos tower." Reaper told her. What would they find remained to be answered. Death? Riches? Weapons? Neither of them knew, but they would find out. One could only hope the cost would not be too great.

[Topic Left]​
2hykhd.jpg

Reaper
v5xqoo.png
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro sat amongst the Earth Court Ancients speaking as calmly and peacefully as a diplomat born as Mother Suna indicated that they should move for the Tower of Babylos the being Onniksu stood and clad himself in simple robes before standing at Mother Suna's side.
“ My Queen if you do not wish proper transport then at least accept my honor as an escort and a guide. When the Tower sunk beneath the earth it was my predecessor whom placed the seals upon it so that the golems would not go on a rampage at the loss of their masters, several of the master golems were imprinted by our brethren to grant us access should the worst occur and from what we know now the worst has occurred.” There was a palpable strength in his every movement, time may have atrophied his full grasp of powers but his physical strength was very much intact.

Kuro heard mention of the Sunblade and almost balked at the thought that blade was anathema to demons of any kind. It was specifically designed to crush souls and disperse dark energy. Hopefully she had no plans to use it on him.

Topic Left for Journey to Babylos

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
To make up for her losses she would have to make unearthly gains. She had taken for granted her immortal state for these many years, passion and rage guided her. Sand from the floor would shudder and then rollover the duty floor in her direction. A swirling wind would kick up these fine grains and they would adhere to her form. It would create a shell after a few moments, again of a familiar office figure. She simply nodded to the Toraono, "then we must be on our way." The journey to the heart of the sky would be an arduous one indeed but the journey was a mere stepping stone for the adventure, the destination was the site of the true trials and tribulations.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back