Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Of Scorpions and Sunsets [Contract Search]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"You know, you ought to have a bit more faith in the person you choose to represent yourself."

Ironically, Yatamaru was the one who needed more faith. The more he listened to Hitagaki, the more he understood the current situation for what it really was: an ill thought out coup. That's all I am to Hitagaki. A tool to further his goals. He's just like Mikaboshi. That was fine. Yatamaru had a plan to deal with that, in time. Keeping a calm presence about him, the Sunan spoke confidently and with poise.

"Just leave it all to me. I'll make sure things end up working out." The sun would surely be set by now, unless time moved differently within the Oasis. The cover of night would be perfect for this mission, allowing Yatamaru to move much more freely. It was almost time to go. "Oh, and do me a favor? Watch over these guys," he patted the side of the wooden box he was carrying, eliciting another chorus of angry clicks and snaps, "while I'm out, okay? And seriously, don't open the box or lose any of them. It took me literally all day to gather them, and I'd rather not do it again." As an after thought, he added, "Oh, and they're also incredibly poisonous, or something, so you'd probably die if you got stung — just try not to do that." With that, he was off — deep into the night.

BGM: Deep in the Night (Barely Alive Remix) [Warning: Contains filthy, headbanging dubstep!]

Yatamaru knew exactly whom to target first. Really, there was only one logical choice. Blending into the night, he moved swiftly and silently with the aid of his years of ANBU service. Sneaking around was second nature to Yatamaru, as was concealing his presence. His target should have no idea he was approaching. But really, is this a good idea? Good idea or not, it was the one he would go with. Born of his distaste for men of Hitagaki's caliber, some might even call this plan insane.

The time had come to risk it all on the greatest gamble of his life. Have I ever mentioned that I have a terribly crippling, and highly toxic, addiction to gambling which may, or may not, be playing a factor here? Oh well, no sense in worrying about the specifics. Yatamaru had a coup to stage.

Kasumoto looked to be deep in meditation, seemingly oblivious to the world around him. What focus! It's a shame I'll have to ruin it. So, how would the puppeteer attack? Would he launch a surprise attack while their guard was down? Maybe he'd poison the air, and be gone before his target would even notice? No, Yatamaru had something better.

"Kusanagi Kasumoto, I presume?" Calmly, Yatamaru revealed himself to his opponent. He was unarmed, and held his hands in front of him so that Kasumoto knew he was not here to fight. "I've come to warn you: you have a traitor in your midst."

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kasumoto were he stading would come up to be five feet, ten inches, weighing in at two hundred and sixty pounds. Wild red hair reminiscent of rising flames covered his head. Crimson eyes with gold irises peered from a pale face with dynamic, sharp, features. He wore a red open top and baggy red pants. Kasumoto did not budge an inch completely at ease with himself and his surroundings as he smiled and with a melodious baritone replied.

“Hitagaki I wager, long has he coveted my position. He himself is not strong enough to kill me so he cannot take my place. No worry young master. He is no threat and that is not the act of a traitor. His is the act of seeking power he is incapable of wielding I do appreciate the warning. This action you take is not the normal act of a shark supplicant. Have you come seeking a worthy master or companion or are you merely curious?”

The area became a soothing warm that even Yatamaru’s core could feel. It was like bathing in warm chakra literally as Kasumoto stood from his meditation.

“Whatever your reasons it is refreshing to meet you. For your courtesy in not simply attacking me what courtesy may I extend to you?”

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
BGM: Yatamaru's Soundtrack: The Folly of Power

What? He...seems not even to care. More than that...was he expecting something like this to happen?

Yatamaru said nothing while Kasumoto spoke, unable to do anything more than desperately attempt to unscramble meaning out of the words he was hearing. Did this kind of thing happen often? Did brothers in arms simply expect to be stabbed in the back, at any given moment, and not think anything wrong with that? No way. I must be missing something. They can't be serious! As Kasumoto rose, the temperature in the room followed suit. Waves of radiant chakra flowed right out of the man, soothingly warm and pleasant. What tremendous strength. For me to feel this much! Yatamaru sensed no hostility, but the raw power he exudes is enough to make anyone frightened of him. What if I do something that he doesn't like, and then he attacked? These kinds of thoughts make it impossible to lower your guard completely.

"I would like an explanation." Yatamaru was snappy, and tense. He was bothered. "Ever since I've arrived, I've noticed one thing: no one here cares about anything other than power. You speak as if backstabbing members of your own contract group was commonplace! Where I'm from, we fight for each other. We protect each other. We even die for each other. Have you no sense of brotherhood?" He had likely just insulted the man, so Yatamaru was prepared if anything were to happen. He knew, in his heart, that would not be the case, but his line of work prevented him from fully casting away all doubts.

"Please, explain to me what I'm missing. Tell me there's something more to your creed than power lust." No one trades their body easily — it's either out of dire need, or due to warped judgement. Yatamaru was the product of the latter, with a dash of malicious interference by, you guessed it, a man who's only goal was more power. If power was all these men offered, then Yatamaru had enough power indeed. He'd lost enough to the pursuit of power.

Don't you see? Strength alone is nothing compared to a united group. If you're all too power mad to see that, well... Yatamaru didn't like where his train of thought was going. He wanted nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kasumoto smiled genuinely and extended his hand to shake Yatamaru's, "Please shake my hand and the history will be yours to examine, this is no trick but it would take too long to simply say when you can experience it through my memories first hand. Also I must keep my guard up against assassination attempts. Not from you, you are close enough I can sense your honesty and dismay through the temperature of your mechanically enhanced heart. Let me just pass on the memory of why this place is the way it is. It is not the most understandable thing but it will give you solace as to why we live the way we do."<i></i>

Yatamaru could see that Kasumoto was actually a very nice guy and honest to boot. His hand was not covered in poison or anything not that poison could effect him in any manner. He was simply asking Yatamaru to shake his hand so he could share a memory. How was he capable of doing that and to boot Kasumoto could sense the temperature fluctuations of his core to tell if he was lying or not. He had serious heat control and sensitivity. Maybe Yatamaru could actually trust this guy since he was not asking him to kill anyone or getting him to do anything against his conscious. He didn't look like an Uchiha, his eyes weren't changing or anything but his sincerity spoke volumes. Would Yatamaru shake his hand and experience the explanation?

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yatamaru recognized what Kasumoto wanted. Memory transference was a skill taught to all ANBU in their training, and utilized by shinobi everywhere. While there was a chance the man was lying, Yatamaru knew this was the only way forward. Suspicions are just that until he actually does something wrong. The benefit of the doubt was a very needed tool in his line of work.

"At this point, I've come far enough that the threat of a trick is of little concern anymore." Yatamaru offered his hand. "I'm ready."

The puppeteer didn't quite understand how the man could sense emotional states using just the temperature of his core, but it fascinated him to no end. If I get through this in one piece, I'm definitely coming back for an explanation on that one. While his thoughts may flutter between the past, present, and future from time to time, his attention was trained on the here and now. He was prepared — and quite anxious, really — to internalize Kasumoto's memories. This will be the deciding factor. He hoped that there was a good reason for all this.

[ooc: Short post is short. I promise a longer one next time!]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Memory 1
Kasumoto had went horseback riding that evening with his Grandfather as they were riding along the trails in Matoko Park when two wild dogs attacked their horses causing Kasumoto’s horse to rear up and buck to keep the dog at bay which inadvertently threw Kasumoto off. Kasumoto was thrown a good twelve feet before he struck the ground. Suddenly the second dog rushed in to attack Kasumoto. Sachuno had knocked the first dog that had attacked the horses away. He was just getting over to Kasumoto afraid the dog had already bitten him when he saw something that stopped him in his tracks. Kasumoto was back on his feet and the dog was hovering a foot off the ground its eyes were black pits that matched Kasumoto’s eyes which were pure orbs of darkness.

Kasumoto’s nose was bleeding and there were scratches and light bruises from the fall that were healing faster than his nose bled. Kasumoto had taken control the very air around the dog, locking the dog in a pressurized surge of air before gently setting it down. The dog looked up at them both with the pure bewildered look of someone whom had seen their life flash before their eyes. It ran away immediately without looking back. Sachuno approached Kasumoto slowly whom looked back at him with pitch black eyes and held out his arms to be picked up. Sachuno did not see anything else wrong with him, his wounds were gone shortly after looking him over and as he picked him up Kasumoto’s eyes went back to normal. Kasumoto happily got back on the quarter horse and pet her on the neck lovingly. When Sachuno remounted his horse he looked out for the other dog and saw it dead along the side of the road with a strange amount of heat rising and steam like smoke rising from its open mouth. He figured it must have been hit by a cart at first then he looked back at Kasumoto and in that terrifying moment he saw Kasumoto’s eyes reflecting his view of the corpse of the dead dog that had attacked his horse. It was then that Sachuno had the eerie and all-consuming feeling that Kasumoto had killed one dog and spared the other.

Memory 2
Kasumoto was adopted into the Kusanagi Clan after proving himself worthy of their name in a massive underground tournament. It was during this tournament that Kasumoto discovered he was not alone in the secret truths of the world. There was a vast society of clans, families, and clandestine groups that knew the truth behind many legends, and tales of the world. Kasumoto at first thought that he was alone but upon his adoption by the Kusanagi clan he was awakened to the world within the shell of the daily world. Kusanagi Clan Hunters were born with the wrath of the Dragon King, they could summon incredible amounts of life energy and channel it through their hands, their eyes, their special seals and talismans to cast spell after spell.

During the Shadow Wars his family found out they were able to use technology to improve upon their abilities exponentially where magic rarely ever received any boost, or boon from modern technology. What modern technology had managed to accomplish through various research firms on friendly terms with the supernatural was the development of a measurement system to approximate the strength of a supernatural being in terms relevant to the average man. Using chakra talismans, they could measure the life energy in an individual using a ratio of blood capacity x (% body fat x mass) divided by average calories per gram of fat + blood capacity x (body mass divided by average calories per gram of muscle) + and carbon dated age. This measurement was called bio joules, a normal tier1 human male weighing in at 72.5 kg (around 160lbs) and standing at 182.88 cm (6 feet) at 20% body fat has 5.18 liters of blood and can afford to lose approximately 2.07 liters before death is almost certain, at 21years of age, his chakra talisman rating would be 58440 bio joules of chakra energy.

A spirit touched tier 2 human male weighing in at 124.738 kg (around 275 lbs) and standing at 170.18 cm (67 inches or five foot seven inches) at 12% body fat has 6.47 liters of blood and can afford to lose 2.588 liters before death at the age of 14 has a chakra talisman rating of 129143 bio joules. Worse still ANY living being can improve their Tier rating and thereby increase their amount of bio joules with experience. The measurement of spirit energy was dubbed bio calories so in essence 1 biocalorie represents the amount of spirit energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 liter of water 1 degree Celsius or lift 1 liter (equivalent of 1 kilogram) of water.

The equation for the amount of bio-calories carried by an individual = bj + (Tier rating x (body mass divided by average calories per gram of muscle)) [36589.81334] + emergency stores (Tier rating x (% body fat x mass) divided by average calories per gram of fat)) which left Kasumoto at 14 years of age with 169059 bio calories of spirit energy in comparison to a normal 21 year old, six foot human male whom would have around 60000 or less bio calories. Even with the scanners becoming available to those specialized in hunting, they still could be quite easily fooled, beings of vast power knew how to hide it. So the chakra talismans only served as a general gauge of who and what you might face in the dark shadows of the world.

This technology was implanted into Kasumoto’s body allowing him to sense energy in unique ways.

Memory 3
The Dragon Emperor was known as Hisashi Maki founder of Hisashi Dojo, Grand Master Sensei and winner of over fifteen Kumite. Secretly even unknown amongst his followers in the Hisashi clan, Hisashi Maki was over seven thousand years old and had fought all over the world after having his actual physical size shrunken to normal human proportions by a wish made by his last lover lost in battle long ago.

Maki had recommended a test that he had been forced to pass over two thousand years ago. Midori would be trapped in a chamber where unless Kasumoto could lift the disarming mechanism with his chakra energy alone she would be crushed by a large iron hammer. It was rigged so that it would never actually strike her. It would just hit the ground and crush an illusion but all in all it would be enough to shatter Kasumoto's childish sense of invincibility.

Kasumoto stood on the testing chamber floor chatting with Midori as she remarked on how well they had done during this iteration of spirit training. The Hunter Council reviewed all their findings on Kasumoto and still could not figure out why Kasumoto's power surges were so pure and unadulterated. What they did know was that he was slowly gaining control over them and they did not appear to be truly destructive, they normally altered objects in unpredictable ways. Despite the power surges, they did note that he had abilities their hunters did not and so his test was designed by the Dragon Emperor himself. Long ago the original dragon emperor had the same test used on him. Using the voice of a demon spirit that he was forced to absorb long ago Dragon Emperor Maki set the trap for the test. Spirit clamps and a set of nearly indestructible ropes entangled her and Kasumoto as he spoke weaving the illusion with his altered voice. Kasumoto was soon immersed in an illusion that showed every other hunter in the area down or defeated with a massive serpent demon holding Midori.

"You cannot move, you cannot get help, if you try to use anything other than your spirit energy to stop me I will devour her whole. Say goodbye to your friend Gaijin…"

The mechanism was set perfectly and only Kasumoto was party to the illusion, soon after everyone but Kasumoto was amazed. He cut himself to ribbons trying to break free; as the blood began to flow he began to get angrier and angrier. He wasn't angry with the serpent that was his foe, he was angry with himself for being so weak. What Kasumoto couldn't see was that he had broken three of the eight ropes that ensnared him. The entire chamber began to shake as Kasumoto cried out. In his mind the serpent was about to bite off Midori's head and devour her soul. He was only moving slowly to torment him for the essence of his grief, sorrow, frustration, and despair.

He remembered his mother's eyes, his maternal grandfather's death. His Aunt's sacrifice, his grandmother's sad smile; now he was about to lose Midori. It was too much for him to bear as his eyes began to glow a vibrant crimson as a surge of fiery power caused the hammer mechanism to not only stop but go in reverse. Kasumoto's nose began to bleed along with his ears and his mouth as he simply began to hemorrhage from the amount of spirit energy he was pulling out of his body all at once. The focus of rage was too pure as he screamed …

"I WON'T LET YOU! I WILL NEVER LET ANYTHING HARM HEEEEERRRRRR!"

Midori looked at Kasumoto, the man who would be her big brother if her father had anything to say about it. She was trapped and she recognized the ropes strength instantly along with the spirit clamps. She was not meant to be able to move or speak. In her mind she wanted to tell Kasumoto to calm down even as she was pulled into the air and held before the ancient hammer trap. She knew even tied up she could place a barrier around her strong enough so that she would only receive a bruise even from a hammer as large as the hammer that came winding down to strike her. Then the pit of her stomach dropped and everything around her was covered in an emerald glow. She recognized the look in Kasumoto's eyes as he struggled against impossible restraints. It was the same bestial pulse that surged when Kasumoto was trying to keep the possessed mountain lion from her. She knew this Kasumoto all too well. This was the warrior who would not stop; this was the monster inside him, the destroyer of spirits, the burner of souls, the terrible Guardian who would not stop till his enemies lay crushed before him.

Assassins rushed in at that very moment all part of the Shark Contract they unleashed a deluge of water jutsu and tried to murder the Dragon Emperor only to meet the insane and unstoppable aggression of Kusanagi Kasumoto. In his rage at everything that had befallen him and his loved ones he burned every assassin alive earning the smile of the contract lord whom appreciated his pure unchecked aggression in the dire need to save his friend. The overlord bowed to the Dragon Emperor and announced that with the clan that had summoned him to kill them all dead he was free to find new talent and wanted Kasumoto to join him. The Dragon Emperor saw the wisdom of allowing one of their 4 flames to bond with the shark contract and with their pact seal Kasumoto had exceeded all but 5 others in. Kasumoto was a man of intensity, and direction. He was merciless but courteous. Aggressive but thoughtful. He was contrary to his true nature… in battle he was unchecked momentary utterly violent fury of flame and wrath and that was how he had earned his place amongst the sharks.

Would Yatamaru understand Kasumoto's memories?

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Swirling scenes of thought and remembrance flooded his mind, painting a picture that was surely meant to spark understanding, sympathy, and kinship between the two men. Hitagaki's tale was one of impassioned fighting, born only of the desperation of being given no other options. When that which is most important is on the line, what other option was there? Could Yatamaru really fault this man for defending, with every ounce of power at his disposal, that which was precious to him?

"You disgust me." Apparently, he could. What a farce! What a horrid excuse for such childish and irresponsible behavior! If it wasn't obvious yet, Yatamaru was not pleased with the memories he'd just witnessed. "Tell me something: if those assassins hadn't shown up, and you had accidentally killed your precious Midori in your blinded rage, would you still be lauding the benefits of your enraged aggression?" He'd heard more than enough to make up his mind. To hell with these battle hungry monsters. They can fight each other for all eternity, as far as I'm concerned. Even though he wasn't pleased, Yatamaru still spoke calmly. He was, after all, in the presence of a very strong opponent.

"I understand your point. 'When there's nowhere left to run, and no other options left, fight with all the might you have.' And yet..." He held up one finger. "You kill needlessly, when it's obvious a threat was all that was necessary." He held up a second finger. "You understand nothing of sacrifice, seemingly claiming to be a victim when you're really just an augmented prodigy." He held up a third finger. "And, not to mention that you rely far too much on luck." He lowered his hand to his side, his expression set in a stony scowl. "Kusanagi Kasumoto, I've seen all that I need to. You rely on your aggression to make victory submit to you, pulling a win out of nowhere at the last second. As a man who must win before — and often without — fighting, I cannot abide by your methods." They were simply too different. From the very moment Yatamaru entered this hidden oasis, it was not meant to be. Like oil and water, they simply could not work together. "There is nothing for me here. I'd like to leave now, in peace."

How would the man react? Would Yatamaru have to fight his way out? Or would he simply be allowed to pass on, in peace? Considering his nature, I'd guess the former. But, considering his actions so far, the latter is plausible as well. He'd just have to wait and see what the fiery tempered man would do.

[contract refused]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kasumoto nodded to Yatamaru, "Well I am sorry my honesty and circumstances upset you. I wouldn't call myself a prodigy either but when you have the wrath of fire within you things can change. I am generally a very peaceful guy and I just wanted you to know how I came to be a member of the shark team. I don't doubt my powers could have harmed Midori if I were actually aiming at her with them but I tend to only injure myself. It is all unchecked anger it doesn't last forever either. You are free to leave as you will just remember -power is great when used wisely- that was the lesson I learned after the incident. I am very careful and controlled nowadays. I wish you well and may you find what you seek one day."<i></i>

Kasumoto would wave as the heatwaves blurred Yatamaru's augmented vision as the oasis disappeared in a swirl of sand and heat leaving him alone with his box of scorpions.

CONTRACT REFUSED
<i>
</i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back