Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Wolf Pup in The City [Contract Event: Kendori Shuu]

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Soon Haven was a gigantic city. Even among the adults of humankind, there were those that seemed to get lost in such a place without the guidance from the more helpful denizens in such an enormous place. If one was unfortunate enough to find themselves in a place that didn’t have such citizens then there were surely signs that they could decipher. After all, humans were known for their ingenuity and ability to improvise when absolutely necessary. However, canines were born and raised in a different type of area, and trained to use their instincts instead of ingenuity. It was simply their nature. In the woods or wilderness of barren wastelands, wolves and their canine brethren would be at home in a place familiar to them, where they could utilize the abilities that nature provided them with.
WolfPup_zpsa6ad819c.png

Wolf Pup
However, in a city, a man made contraption that served as a symbolism of man’s rebellion against nature, a small wolf was lost in the crowd of adults that were around three times his height. Sure the little pup had its instincts, but as a small pup, he didn’t have much to go on. Especially in such a city. Perhaps if he had been bigger he may have never been captured and brought to the city in the first place, but it was his small stature that allowed him to slip away after a quick bite to one of his captors’ arm. After that it was just a quick scamper into the merchant city, slipping underneath of merchant counters and leaping over fruit stands. The wolf pup’s unnatural blue fur seemed to have lost his shine, replacing it with the cuts and bruises of a pup that had been beaten into submission.

One could only imagine what the pup had been through, just by looking at the poor thing as it ran for its life. The only bad part was what came next…

The little guy had ran into an alley with a wall too tall for his smaller body to scale. Scratching against it with his miniature paws, he realized how useless it really was to get over the wall. Turning back toward the exit, he met eyes with two of his captors that had managed to track the pup.
ReitoAva_zps15fdbf71.jpg

Reito
”Hey little buddy. Promise we won’t hurt ya anymore. Just come quietly.” The man wild haired man spoke, slightly grinning as he tried to put a kind face on. Whether it was fake or not, the man truly didn’t want to hurt the pup. He actually liked dogs (yeah wolves are different), and he really just saw a job that he needed to get paid for. Honestly, he didn’t want any bloodshed…

His partner was quiet different though…
SoraAva_zps04678789.jpg

Sora
”Fuck that! I ran all over the place looking for this bastard. My hair is a mess and now I’m sweating. I’m definitely gonna get my licks in!” She shouted, her voice muffled underneath the normal hustle and bustle of the streets’ people behind them. The woman’s strawberry blonde hair seemed to flow in the wind as she unveiled a black whip with a red blade tip from underneath her suit, blood still dripping from the tip said weapon. It was clear that she was a bit more volatile than the partner that her personality seemed at odds with.

”Gee. Thanks idiot. Now he’s scared.”

”Hey HEY! Fuck YOU! You don’t have to run after fucking mutts in these heels. Silly fucking animals need to obey their masters. He’ll learn… with a little bit of training. You can learn too, Reito!”

”Gee. No nice women in this business. Time to look toward retirement.”

Such a spiteful woman she was, and partnered up with someone quite annoyed with her behavior no less. That didn’t mean that he was any nicer though… no one truly knew what the duo was capable of. Including the wolf pup. However, true to his nature he stood his ground, even stomping his little feet on the ground as if he were marking his territory. Hopefully some kind soul would come along though…

The wolf pup probably wouldn’t be able to scamper away this time

[OOC: Just have fun. I'll add photos of everybody in a sec. Uploading them to photobucket as we speak!/Expect an edit with them showing soon!]

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was not uncommon for Shuu to use the secret passage from Sunagakure to Soon's Haven, even if it was just to get in a bit of shopping and get out once in a while. The cave could be quite stuffy, and truth be told she enjoyed taking a little jaunt out of the village. It wasn't like she was going anywhere dangerous or problematic, she just wanted to see the sky and stretch her legs. The bustle of the civilian city was quite different from both the laidback vacation isle atmosphere that once penetrated Kirigakure and the cavernous survivalist methodology of the Sunagakure subterranean village. Ever since she'd aided in Magnetica being taken down at the village gates, in appreciation she'd become an unofficial village member, even being assigned missions regularly for pay like any other villager, only as a Mercenary. Today she was in Soon's looking for something special. She'd come to know a few of the Sunaans fairly well, and so sought a few thank you trinkets for those that had helped ease her into Suna and made her feel welcome ever since being accepted by Sousuke as a refugee...although a bit of clothes shopping was in order too. She was wearing the same dusty outfit she'd worn ever since making the unexpected trek to Suna, and she was sorely in need of a new wardrobe. Now that she was starting to receive steady paychecks that was one of her first concerns. She could skiff food and drinks from the hospital as necessary, plus Sousuke made sure her and her fellow refugees had want for nothing when it came to such necessities.

As such today she bore a sealing scroll tucked in a pouch, and sealed within were already a few bags of clothes she'd purchased, and she'd made a point of changing into something fresh too. She wore a black babydoll tee-shirt with a white circle containing a shuriken silhouette, A simple long violet skirt that matched her hair which today was pulled back into a long ponytail seated high on the back of her head, and a pair of black spandex biker shorts underneath with white pump sandals. As she sashayed around town, feeling more uplifted than she had since learning of her home's destruction, she was whistling a soft tune her mother used to hum when she was doing housework when she heard the commotion. Turning she saw the tiny wolf pup, obviously beaten and abused, being cornered by the two. It was being brave, but clearly in over its head. Shuu had always been a sucker for underdogs, in this case quite literally. Frowning as the clearly mistreated canine was clearly being both threatened and coaxed at the same time. People were backing away, avoiding the scene like the plague, and though a few stopped to linger and watch curiously, no one had bothered to step in and help the poor thing. Its blue fur reminded her of the Koizumi, who had been abused as children similarly. They had probably born similar scars concealed by their blue manes as well. Realizing just how similar this pup seemed to Kyoko and Kano, the motherly instinct of the Violet Sage flared to life as she felt her teeth grit.

This was unacceptable.

All it really took was a quick Shadow Dance to move between the pup and the two aggressors. She immediately turned her back on the two humans and looked to the pup. She smiled congenially and tilted her head to the side.

"It's okay. I mean no harm."<i></i> Holding out her hand she sent a pulse of healing chakra down her arm and into the body of the canine, her Angelic Blessing suffusing the wolf pup's form and knitting injuries instantly, healing bleeding--including subdermal hemorrhaging, which should help with some of the bruising--and mending any broken or damaged limbs. Only after doing that did she turn to look to the other two, righteous fury clearly dancing across her normally beautiful expression, sparking her sapphire eyes into a dangerous glimmer. Immediately she felt her anger welling as she faced the humans, her arms crossed. She would do what was right, even if these two were spoiling for a fight. She would take them if she had to. No matter the species, one thing the Violet Sage absolutely could not abide was bullies.

"Don't you know it's not nice to pick on those smaller than you? I don't know what you think this little guy owes you, but that debt is clear, and he's got the marks to prove it....or he did a second ago. Go find somewhere else to be a pair of bitches."<i></i>

Was anyone nearby wearing a watch? Because Shuu was fairly certain that it was Go Time.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
O look, it’s a mercenary here to save the day. Seemed like she was pretty damn strong too. Strength truly was subjective but physical strength was not. Even someone that was barely able to mold chakra was able to tell that the woman, who literally appeared out of thin air, was way stronger than any of these individuals wanted to imagine. The two assailants had even gotten a bit nervous, well one of them did. The other…
ReitoAva_zps15fdbf71.jpg

”O you have got to be kidding me. This is literally the most annoying place I’ve ever been,” the woman yelled out, scratching her head with her empty hand and wiping off the sweat from her forehead with the back of other. The heat and this “wonderful” situation really was starting to get to her. I mean, it was a simple tag and bag mission, where they had to steal some “cargo” and transport it to the man that offered payment. Seems like they had underestimated just how crafty a wolf in duress could truly be. ”That isn’t your mutt right? Get the fuck out of the way then!”

Naturally, there had to be a peacekeeper though. Or something like that…
SoraAva_zps04678789.jpg

”Now now. Let’s simmer down ladies.” Reito commented, motioning for the women to calm down with outstretched palms. I mean, he didn’t mind seeing two women fight but Reito was a man on a mission. He had a job to do and all he wanted to do was earn a little bit of money, but it seemed like this wouldn’t be the day for that. Nope… not today… damn women! ”We’re not bullies. That little one belongs to our boss. He likes to run away but this time he got all marked by when he left. Thanks for healing the little guy, we’ll take him back to his master now.” Such a lie, but at least he looked the part of someone trustworthy. He was trained to do that, after all. Being trained as somewhat of a grifter allowed him to do so.

And what of the wolf pup?! He was enjoying that nice soothing light of the nice lady that decided to help him. He wasn’t sure why she was helping or even why he should trust her, but he knew one thing…

She sure was strong…

Though he couldn’t speak English, he could understand a little bit of what they were saying. When the man spoke, he heard the lies echoing from his lips and immediately began howling as if he were calling for his wolfpack. In other words, he called “bullshit.”

”Hey. Shut up runt! We’re gonna be taking you back now.” The woman blurted out, slowly moving toward the wolf pup, putting herself just inches in front of Shuu. Would this mercenary stop her or allow her to grab hold of the pup? I think we all know the answer to that!

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man talked a good game but it wasn't hard to see that he had designs on the pup. He might have been remotely convincing if the woman didn't have such a clearly violent attitude...of course the wolf howling was a pretty good sign that something was fishy. When she was cursed at the Violet Sage gazed at the woman, unperturbed by her approach, her thick lips pursing.

"Maintain a civil tongue or I will sew it shut. The little canine that could here seems to think that you're story lacks merit, Bully-san. So I recommend you reconsider your actions."<i></i> When the impatient woman with the spade-tipped whip tried to push past Shuu she, without flinching, snapped her wrist outwards and in a flash had an iron grip around the crass woman's jugular, cutting off supply to both her artery and her windpipe simultaneously with her titanic physical prowess without even a flash of effort across her unequivocally angry expression.

"I did not say we were done, and I did not give you permission to try to shove past me. Don't take me lightly, girl, or you will regret it."<i></i> She released her grip on the girl's throat, allowing her to stumble backwards--but not forwards--and return her arms across her ample chest.

"Say what you will, I find your actions and your words suspect. If what you say is true, then he must not be a very good Master, as a pet that loves its owner would not flee, especially not in such a fashion as this one was from you two. He did not run out of play. His adrenal glands were going crazy, his hackles were raised, his fight-or-flight autonomic physiological responses spoke of legitimate danger. He feared for his life. And now he tells me that you're lying. Tell your boss you lost him. That he got away. I will offer compensation if necessary, but you will let this pup go free."<i></i> This was not a negotiation, nor was it an offer. She was telling them how it was going to be. They could accept it and leave peaceably, or force a confrontation...which they would surely lose, that much should be plain to see.

"Do yourself a favor. Make the right call here. Walk away. It's your best bet. You even get money out of it. Or don't, and find out just how fast a Sennin of a ninja village can really be."<i></i> While she was no longer a Sennin, it could be argued that her skills were even greater than it was when she held the title. While she was not one for boasting, if it would deter actual violence--which she did not wish to resort to--she would be happy to do so.

The question was, did they feel lucky?

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
SoraAva_zps04678789.jpg

A long whistle slipped from the “gentleman’s” lips as he stared at the violet haired woman’s aggressive actions. In what seemed like the blink of an eye, she seemed to have caught his partner off guard. ”Someone shut Sora up. I’m impressed,” Reito chuckled, stroking his chin as if he were seriously contemplating the woman’s offer. It was quite the offer. He’d get paid, there wouldn’t be any heavy lifting, and he could get out of town. Well… he hoped he could get out of town. The man that hired him would probably send someone, just like Sora, to retrieve him if he ever thought of doing someone so foolish. The man that hired him wasn’t very forgiving, and losing something so valuable after reporting that he had it was an action that wouldn’t be forgiven. He just knew it.
ReitoAva_zps15fdbf71.jpg

Sora, on the other hand, was a bit less rational. She honestly didn’t give a damn about the offer, especially after the woman appeared out of nowhere, intruded on her prey and then grabbed her by the neck. ”You bitch!” She yelled out, stumbling backward after Shuu let go of the woman’s neck. ”You’re probably just after the reward too. All of that bullshit about autotomic physical respondeds is all bullshit. Tryna sound like a goddamn doctor or some shit. I don’t care! I’m gonna prove it to ya! I’m taking that damn puppy because I saw the damn thing first!” She yelled, grinning she flipped her whip upward before swiftly striking the ground with it, sending a small ripple beneath Shuu’s foot as a way to showcase the strength of her weapon. ”Reito. Get your lazy ass in gear! You know I’ll hunt you down if you don’t! And if not me then someone!”

”Ah yes. The metaphorical rock in a hard place. I really do need to retire,” Reito remarked, slipping on some brass knuckles and taking on what looked like boxing stance. ”Remember the dance sweetheart. Make sure you keep up!” Though he tended to despise the woman’s tongue, he actually did make a pretty decent team with her. They had done this before…

Not necessarily this type of job but something like it…

Rushing forward the man tried Shuu with a one-two jab combo, following it up with hard straight right hand. They were all moves that Shuu would more than likely pick up on, but the trick was that for each blow that he attempted, he’d cock his head to the opposite side, allowing the crimson tip to slip by and nip at its target. Could Shuu dodge them both? Was this all that they had up their sleeve? It all depended on what Shuu did next?!

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Reward? For what? It's just a wolf pup."<i></i> As the pair came at her, deciding that a fight was preferable, Shuu sighed. She was in peak physical condition, and she had a focus on Taijutsu to boot. These ass-clowns weren't getting near the dog. The real trick was being in more than one place at a time, as she was effectively fighting a two-versus-one battle. Luckily for her, her unique skills would allow for this to be a fairly simple circumstance. As the punch-whip combo came at her, she felt her body already sliding into a Jyuuken stance.

They chose to come at her physically...this was a bad choice. Her Hakumei Byakugan granted her amazing sight, and allowed for her evade some fairly intense attacks as though it were second nature. As such she completely avoided the jab combo effortlessly and when the whiptip came in at her she would bat it aside. When the straight came at her, however, she sidestepped, grabbing his arm at the wrist with her lightning reflexes and grappling skills, and did something rather horrifying, bringing her elbow down and her knee up at the same time upon his arm, likely doing it serious damage, if not incapacitating it entirely. It would expose her to an attack from the woman, but her best bet was to take one of them out of the fight first, and the most likely candidate to give up on it was the man. Eliminate him and the problem would become insanely simple.

For now she was refraining from getting to ninja-flashy, but if they turned out to be trickier than she'd initially hoped, then she'd pull out all the stops. She honestly hoped it didn't come to that, though.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
SoraAva_zps04678789.jpg
ReitoAva_zps15fdbf71.jpg

”Just a wolf pup she says… Guess you won’t listen to reason!” They didn’t know of the violet woman’s true strength but the pair was smart enough to realize that they were at a disadvantage. Despite the cocky nature of the man and woman, they realized that fighting her in an honorable manner would ultimately prove to be their downfall so they resorted to dirty tricks instead. In that way, I guess they were more like the shinobi that they seemed to emulate. Though they attempted to turn the tables on the woman, it seemed that they foolhardily jumped into what would be the woman’s true strength… Taijutsu. The man tossed a couple of jabs her way to which she easily seemed to have dodged, and when he narrowly allowed Sora’s whip to squeeze into the tight window that he had created, Shuu swatted it away as it were nothing. Close quarters combat was her strength, a discipline that allowed her to fight within these confines even if it were against two people.

They didn’t know what type of stance she had slipped into but going through her seemed to be the only way to get that pup. So they pushed forward, foolishly venturing into the unknown with what would be another flurry of attacks. However, Shuu seemingly opened herself up, allowing the straight jab combo to whiz past her, grabbing the man’s arm with some unworldly reflexes. ”Shit!” He screamed, realizing just how stupid he had become. Sora, on the other hand, grinned at the opportunity that she had. While Shuu grabbed the arm and simultaneously broke it, Sora had launched a spiraling attack at her. The whip launched itself forward, attempting to strike the violet haired girl’s neck with its tip, and if it missed she’d whip it around her neck attempting to put a collar around her neck. What other way was there?

”I’m going to put you down like the dog that you are!” The woman screamed, following up her attack with a flying knee, attempting to target Shuu’s kidney. Dirty tricks, right?

Meanwhile…

”FUUCCCkKKKKK!!!” Reito screamed out, jumping backwards and grabbing his arm that seemed to dangle freely from his elbow and down. ”YOOOUUUU BBBBIIITTTCCCCHHHH!” Still yelling, barely intelligible though. Tearing off a piece of his sleeve, he began to wrap his elbow and arm in a makeshift sling. Popping himself off of the ground with his one good arm, the man simply waited for an opening. He was sure he wanted to get into this fight again but he wasn’t sure how he could help with just one arm…

For now… he’d simply wait…

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she snapped the arm of the boxer she smirked slightly. She knew she was opening a dangerous door though, and the woman's whip snapped around her neck, which only made the girl grin wider. Honestly, wrapping it around the former Sennin was probably the single worst move she could have possibly made. They might be good against most people, but against ninja--especially of her caliber--they were clearly not so much experienced. Spinning her arm up she twined it around the whip, snaking her arm around and around the whip to wrap it around her forearm and finally grip it's shaft tight in her hand. She had it good and it wasn't going anywhere now. She began the Eight Trigrams Palm Rotation technique Kaiten, her deadly spinning technique perfected by the Hyuuga and only rarely known outside the clan. Holding onto the whip it pulled her in as she in close herself. Shuu grinned ferally.

"What is this, amateur hour?"<i></i>

Her Kaiten deflected virtually all of the power of the knee to the kidneys, doing minimal damage, but more importantly with a grip on the whip it pulled the woman in closer. Finishing her spin and yanking the whip hard she pulled the woman off-balance towards her to follow up with a single blow. Concentrated energy filled her fist as she focused a custom strike that was virtually impossible to duplicate except by the most skilled shinobi. While it had the power of a Falcon Punch, It also had the precise targeting ability of the Fist of Sin: Lust, which meant she could charge her finger to flick her opponent's forehead with a power that exceeded the most powerful traditional taijutsu technique. Properly utilized, it would slam into her skull, rocketing her back several feet--especially with her moving towards Shuu at such a high rate--and probably dealing a severe concussion...maybe even internal bleeding. A brain hemorrhage would definitely stop the fight. It was a custom move she'd named Dekopin Rocket.

One way or the other it would buy Shuu a moment to remove the whip coiled around her person and gripping two parts of the shaft, literally rip it in half. Dropping it to the ground, the Violet Sage would gaze at the pair with eyes that said up until now she'd been holding back, but she was now ready to go all out. This was their chance to run away. They wouldn't get another.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
SoraAva_zps04678789.jpg
ReitoAva_zps15fdbf71.jpg

Well things weren’t looking great for this lovely couple. What started out as just a normal fight, where they could bully an unsuspecting woman into submission, turned into an all-out brawl where they were clearly outclassed by the woman. ”Life simply isn’t fair!” The man cried out, seemingly losing his will to fight the woman. If not being in the same class as a woman wasn’t an insult to injury, the fact that she completely shattered his arm definitely annihilated any form of an ego. Honestly, he just kind of wanted to go home at this point. What else was he to do with one arm? Especially after seeing what the woman had just done to his more vindictive half, one would think that he would simply run away.

Speaking of which. ”Got you now bitch!” Sora screamed, just moments before she felt the most concussive force of energy that she had ever felt in her life. She had her in her grasp, her whip had slipped around the woman’s neck, dug into her skin and began to tighten as Sora prepared to whip her around for a while. All it was going to take was a simple tug from her whip, perhaps even a flip of the wrist to toss the woman back and forth through the air until her head finally popped off. At least, that’s what she was thinking to herself. Shuu… The freak of nature that she was, had something completely different in mind as she wrapped her arm around the whip and pulled her closer. Thinking she still had a chance against her, she shifted all of her weight into her flying knee attack, a move that sent her off balance as she stood arm’s length from the Violet Sage. Kaiten drew her in but crushing her skull was something terrifying. The incredible force of just a finger was what truly filled Reito’s heart with a sense of hopelessness. His female friend flew backward toward him, somehow landing in his one good arm as he reached out for her.

Honestly, he didn’t really have feelings for the woman but even he felt bad for her in her current state. I guess thugs had feelings too…

Then again, he was thinking about retiring…

”Dammit. Now what are we supposed to do?!” He yelled out, looking down at the woman whose face forehead looked caved in. Was he supposed to take her to the hospital like that? I mean, surely he couldn’t be seen in a hospital. Surely that would mean going to prison for whatever type of unpunished transgressions that he had built up to this point. ”What happened to honor among thieves?! Huh?! Huh?! How am I supposed to deal with her? She gonna die? She’s barely breathing. Damn you shinobi! Thinkin’ you can do whatever you want!” Clearly he was freaking out. To be expected though. There was a half dead person laying on his lap.
WolfPup_zpsa6ad819c.png

The wolf pup… He was more scared than anything. Sure, this woman was trying to help him but after that show of strength, he was just as terrified of the woman as Reito was. I mean, this was some otherworldly strength. He’d only seen this type of strength once in his life, and the fact that this woman strangely emulated that strength was incredible.

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Now that her opponents will to fight her was broken, she knew for sure that the battle was over. She moved over to where the man lay, broken arm, the woman he cradled bordering on a ruptured skull, And took a long, slow sigh.

"I'm sure the pup feels the same way. Being bullied by those stronger than it, thinking they can do what they want to it since it can't fight back properly. My offer is off the table. You're leaving this pup alone. You try anything and you know full well what will happen."<i></i> She waited a moment, letting her words sink in, before dropping her fighting style and instead adopting a style of molding chakra that was conducive to healing, known commonly as the Anointed Style. Additionally, as a Combat Medic she brought people back from the edge of death on a regular basis, so wounds such as this were nothing for her. On top of that her paramedic skill allowed her to power up a healing jutsu. She used her Resuscitate jutsu upon the woman, bringing her back from the brink of death into damaged but alive and awake condition. She followed it up with an Angelic Blessing, and due to her affinity for non-elemental jutsu like medical jutsu, she was able to Spread the move to allow it to target both of her victims at the same time. The end result? Both would be healed. Broken bones would be mended, and though they would still be winded and pretty damaged, no permanent or even long-lasting damage remained. She eyed the pair, her expression noticeably calmer. She'd proven a point, and felt that the true will to fight had been thoroughly broken out of both of the combatants.

"Go home. Be thankful the one you faced today was merciful and capable of healing you. Think on how to become a better person so this does not happen to you in the future."<i></i> Resuscitate would bring the woman back from unconsciousness, but that wasn't to say she wasn't still pretty banged up. No broken bones on either, but several severe bruises and muscle damage. She stood and walked back over to the wolf pup, not even waiting for the pair to acknowledge her, and promptly scooped him up. She slowly stroked his fur, supporting him well, and holding him close. Her tone was soothing and gentle.

"You okay little guy? They didn't hurt you too badly I hope! On the upside you won't have to deal with the likes of them anymore..."<i></i> She honestly didn't expect the canine to answer back, she was simply talking to it as she would any other canine pup, more to give it exposure to her soothing tones than anything else, so it would recognize her as friendly. She needed to figure out where the wolf belonged best. Until then it seemed she'd adopted a furry little charge.

"Lets go get you something to eat and drink..."<i></i> she trailed off, glancing around for the nearest shop that sold a hunk of meat and some milk or water.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
SoraAva_zps04678789.jpg
ReitoAva_zps15fdbf71.jpg

The will to fight had diminished from both of Shuu’s unfortunate adversaries. Clearly they were outmatched, a fact most evident by the concussed (to say the least) female and the broken arm of the man that had tried to play peacekeeper (somewhat anyways). To add insult to injury, the Violet Sage walked over toward the injured bunch, further salting their egos with her harsh speech about the dup bullying the pup. ”Not that it matters but it had nothing to do with bullying.” The man would comment, staring at her as she seemed to switch into another stance. ”We had a job to do. We’re mercenaries! That’s the only way we can do this!” Shinobi sure were wondrous individuals in his eyes… wondrous, dangerous and terrifying. Reito stood up, pulling Sora and her now defiant eyes up with him. In many ways, they resembled the wolf pup that cowered in the corner when they attempted to capture him, afraid of the beasts that stalked him. The duo was quiet, perhaps even vengeful but it was hard for them to do anything… they could do nothing but listen to the woman and her speech.

”This won’t be the last time we fight! It won’t!” Reito yelled, watching as the woman turned away from him and went to tend to the wolf pup. He hated that he was so powerless to stop her, a feeling probably echoed by the quiet Sora. Given the woman’s propensity for anger, spite and random vitriol, she may have even felt a bit stronger about being so powerless in the face of a true warrior. Their lesson had to be taught the hard way though, and as they turned away from the woman, they’d never forget what happened on this day. They’d return to their boss with failure written across their faces and accept whatever punishment he found pertinent to their situation.
repede_zps74c14a6e.jpg

At least, that was what they thought…

However, as they turned away from Shuu, the wolf pup could be heard barking within the young woman’s arms. It wasn’t the loud cry for help that Shuu heard echoing through the alley before she decided to aid the little pup, but instead a call to another canine that he knew. While Shuu simply wanted to teach lessons, the other canine thought differently. He moved quickly, quicker than Shuu could react to as his teeth suddenly clinched down on Sora’s neck, ripping the through the young woman’s esophagus and tearing through the girl’s muscles and nerves. ”Noooo! Damn mutt!!” Reito screamed out, jumping backward out of his range and landing closer to Shuu and the wolf pup.

The larger canine flung the girl’s body across the alley with only his jaws, snarling at Reito and Shuu, spitting the large amount of blood from the woman’s neck on the ground beneath him. Letting out a deathly roar at the top of his lungs, the canine slammed his foot on the ground as if he were saying that no one was going anywhere. ”Woman! Unhand him!” He spoke, using the language commonly spoken by humans so that they could understand him. ”Who’s next? Perhaps you purple?”

”Shit. We should work together kunoichi. That one there… that blue haired wolf. His name is Darui. He’s the protector of that pup there! We were able to outsmart him by coming into the city but now… shit… we’re in his sights! What are we gonna do?!” Clearly Reito was afraid…

What would Shuu do?

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When, in a flash, the mouthy woman had her jugular ripped out, at first Shuu's whole body tensed and she readied for another fight, until she realized just what was going on here. As the large grizzled wolf barked at her--only in the human tongue--the Violet Sage, completely unphased, looked over to the man who clearly wanted to challenge the dog. Shuu, meanwhile, let out a chuckle. While she was not going to murder anyone today, there was certainly no love lost when the cocky bitch got her comeuppance. The man was freaking out, asking what to do. She looked at him rather annoyed.

"You do what he asks, idiot, and maybe live to see another day, unlike your friend. Clearly you didn't outsmart him as much as you thought, because here he is."<i></i> When he demanded that she unhand the dog, she realized how it must have looked to the larger pipe-smoking wolf, and so she, with a shrug, set the pup on the ground, smiling gently to it.

"Looks like your friend is here, you clearly recognize him. You're safe now. Go to him."<i></i> She stood, looking to the grizzled creature, and gave the smile to him this time. She was not phased by a wolf speaking the human tongue; though an unusual sight it was not an uncommon one in the shinobi world."Darui-san. I am Kendori Shuu. I came across these two trying to chase down and capture this pup. I intervened on the pup's behalf, healing him, and chasing off the attackers. I promise I mean neither you nor him any harm, and was only trying to protect him. Obviously, with you here, I'll gladly entrust him to you."<i></i> Then she turned, eyes cold, to look at the man.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll throw yourself at his feet and beg his forgiveness. Your friend never would have, she had too much pride and rage...but you might make it out of here alive if you show your true and honest regret for what you've done...just an idea. In the end, your life is in his hands, and rightfully so in my opinion. I too would have moved heaven and earth to protect my charges should someone take them from me."<i></i> Shuu wondered how the two would act to eachother, but she did not fear for herself, for two reasons. One, she had faith in her ability. She would probably have a harder time with this dog than she did with the two humans truth be told, but she believed she could survive in a fight if it came to that. Two, she had done nothing wrong. She knew the pup would likely back up her story, just as it had called bullshit on the man's to her earlier, but even if it didn't, she had already released the pup into the care of it's guardian, which should itself be a huge predecessor for trust.

Either way, her part was over.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
repede_zps74c14a6e.jpg
WolfPup_zpsa6ad819c.png

”AARRRAAAAGGGGHHHHHAAAHHHHHHH!” A deep growl followed by a rather long, boisterous laugh basically summed up canine’s feelings about the current situation. He had a man that seemed to be terrified of him, and rightfully so. That long, defined scar that forced his left eye closed wasn’t for nothing. Darui was a warrior, a canine that fought alongside those of the same kin in plenty of battles over the years. He wasn’t much of a guardian but this was his job for the time being. One that he was ashamed of, given current events. ”Shuu you say?” Darui spoke, letting his tongue hang out of his mouth like a traditional dog would do. He really didn’t have to but sometimes he just liked to taunt people. For instance… Reito.
ReitoAva_zps15fdbf71.jpg

”Shit. This is going kind of badly.” Reito murmured, picking himself off of the ground and assuming a rather unaspiring fighting stance. He honestly saw no other way out. It wasn’t in the man’s nature to beg for his life, and though completing the job was clearly out of reach, he felt as if he somehow owed it to Sora to keep fighting. Otherwise, the woman would’ve simply died for nothing. ”No. I won’t let Sora die in vain.” One had to wonder what had taken over the man and his foolish attempt to get some sort of vengeance for the woman.

The pup barked his little heart out, somehow fully intelligible to Darui but next to no one else. Though Shuu let the small animal out of her grasp, he remained near her, notably shaken by Darui’s presence and the situation that was currently brewing. For whatever reason, the pup found comfort within Shuu’s motherly aura rather than the bestial warrior’s bravado. Strange how she had such an effect on a stranger. Girl’s best friend perhaps?

”Ah! Picking sides already are you?” Darui joked, stomping his feet on the ground as he glanced down toward the wolf pup before shifting his attention to Shuu. ”How do I know you “moved Heaven and Earth” to protect him? How do I know you aren’t like these wimps? Trying to make a buck off of a young pup… too young to even earn his name?” Snorting, he inched closer toward the group, his eye shifting between the trio of individuals in front of him for the sake of being a slightly intimidating. ”Prove it. Kill this Reito and rid the little one of this garbage.”

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((OOC:I am running on the assumption of success based on how the fight has gone until now. If you have any issues with it you can pick where I failed and move forward from there assuming that was all I wrote, and we'll move forward from there. :p I'm just trying to save time and unnecessarily short posts assuming my actions are successful.))

To the large wolf Shuu tilted her head to the side. When Reito refused to toss aside his honor and beg for his life, Shuu realized that while he was honorable, that honor earned him nothing as a corpse. He would fight Darui and the wolf would surely kill him. Neither of them seemed willing to back down, and the Kendori Matriarch saw that much clearly. She had no interest in fighting the wolf, so if killing Reito would accomplish that when she knew he was going to die anyway, then it didn't really upset her to kill off the idiot to save herself some trouble. If he'd been willing to stand down and try to find a peaceful alternative she may have pondered a moment, but as it was she had no interest in drawing this out given that she'd already foreseen the forgone conclusion. So it was with a shrug that she activated her Focused Assault technique on herself to power up her unarmed skill, then Shadow Danced behind the other human of the gathered individuals and by expanding the Spear Hand technique to power it up she wound up with the Arm Lance technique, driving it through his chest to clutch his heart in one hand, then yank it out in a solid smooth motion...assuming everything went well. She was fast, probably faster then Reito by a long shot, so such a sequence of unexpected moves should likely have taken him out with his previous wounds.

Assuming everything went to plan, by this point she would toss the heart to the wolf for him to consume if he so wished.

"I had shown mercy, but I cannot abide stupid fools. They are as useless to me as bullies. He was going to fight you no matter what, and the outcome was obvious. I just sped up the result a bit."<i></i> She gave a bored sigh, even as she removed her water canteen off her hip and poured it down her arm to rinse the blood off, then wiping down her arm with a sterile bandage just to clean it off. "I do not shirk from battle, but I prefer it have a purpose. I just simply wish to avoid unnecessary carnage...but this was going to happen one way or the other."<i></i> She eyed the wolf with a smirk. He did not frighten her. He might have presented a serious challenge for her, but as she said she did not shy from a fight. She was just confident that a fight wouldn't come to pass, because she knew the pup would back her up, and this wolf was willing to hear her out else he would have just attacked them all point-blank.

Killing did not trouble the Violet Sage. She would murder an orphanage if she felt it absolutely necessary, and not lose a wink of sleep. The trick was that it had to be necessary for her to find that violence acceptable, and in this circumstance, it was inevitable. So did she hesitate to kill Reito? Would killing him trouble her later, perhaps cause her to lose sleep?

...Not so much.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
repede_zps74c14a6e.jpg
[/color]

It was over rather quickly. Reito may have felt the immense pressure of the warrior woman’s palm smashing into his chest and grabbing the organ responsible for human life, but that feeling was quick and ever fleeting. She yanked it out of his chest as if it were as easy as cutting through butter. She was quick, smooth and precise. Perhaps Reito may have even thank the woman for allowing him to die with his honor and stupidity, fighting the only way he knew how…

As a man…

Both Reito and Sora’s stories were over as they laid face down in a puddle of their own sanguine liquid. They had lived and died as weaklings, clinging to another’s wishes in hopes of gaining some type of coin, which seemed to be the root of all human downfall. Shuu, casually tossing a human heart over toward the adult blue canine, seemed to be cut from a different breed. Sure, the wolf pup saw somewhat of a motherly figure, even moving closer to her leg as she smashed through another human’s thoracic cavity and executed him. Darui, saw an honorable warrior that understood what he wanted, why he wanted it, and even honored his wishes not to have the captors of unnamed wolf pup escape with their lives. It truly was something to see. A human effortlessly killing another without any sort of remorse or restraint. It was this type of unbridled fury that he respected the most.

Respect, yes. Trust… not so much. At least not yet…

”The strong survive and the weak perish. If they are bullies than you and I are the same, right? Difference is that they picked with the wrong pup.” Darui laughed, grabbing Reito’s heart by one of the arteries and flinging it in his mouth as if it were some type of quick meal. As his fangs clinched down on the man’s heart, blood gushed from between his teeth, dripping on the ground as he sucked the organ dry of every last drop before swallowing it. He looked like he was a vampire of sorts but it really wasn’t about that. No… this was about the thrill of the hunt. Stalking his prey, cornering it, and then drenched itself in the prize of the prey’s lifeforce. The strong survive and the weak perish… that was what he believed… That was what their ferocious clan believed…

”You are ferocious. I can see that. But why should I let you live? Why should I trust you? How can you prove to me that you weren’t just taking the young one hostage so that you could ransom the clan?” Darui spoke, laughing as he questioned the woman. Trust didn’t just come along a dime a dozen. The woman had already proved her strength but loyalty…

That was a whole other test…​

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No,"<i></i> Shuu responded casually, unphased as he talked about them being bullies, "The difference is that they picked the fight. I just ended it. No one can be said to be a bully for defending themselves or minimizing trouble and bloodshed."<i></i> While she hadn't been defending herself, what she had been doing was minimizing further violence between all involved. When Darui consumed the heart the medic did not bat an eye nor feel even the tiniest bit of remorse for the stupid human who'd been absolutely set on dying today. When again the large blue wolf spoke Shuu considered quietly how best to respond to that. She offered a mild grin to punctuate her first point.

"For starters, there's no guarantee that you'd let me do anything...we do not truly know between us who is strongest. We've both demonstrated considerable capability at killing in an instant, but given the weakness of our opponents, it is not a true comparison for strength."<i></i> She chuckled gently as she put away her canteen, finishing drying with the bandage before dropping it on the idiot man's corpse. "To be honest I have no idea to what clan you're referring. All I know was I saw a pup in trouble, and healed and protected him from those wishing to do him harm. You want proof? You have an eyewitness. Ask your pup. Second, you know I am ferocious. You said so yourself. If I truly meant to take the pup, why would I release it into your care so benignly and without trouble? But if even that is not enough..."<i></i> She glanced at the canine with a smirk and a shrug.

"My best bet would have been to let you take out those two and escape with the pup in the meantime...and believe me, I can be very slippery when I want to be. The fact that I stand here, before you, adverse to further violence, returning the pup should be proof enough. As a shinobi I am very adept at stealth, and could have quite possibly found a way to escape. Clones plus a barrier plus a bit of stealth handiwork...You wouldn't have been the wiser."<i></i> She offered a nonchalant shrug. Darui's demand was difficult to say the least. It was like asking for proof as to why the sky was blue or the sun shone. The answer was it just was. This was no different. If Darui decided to ask for further proof, the violet-maned woman wasn't sure what to snuggest. For now she hoped this would placate the beast.

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
repede_zps74c14a6e.jpg

”They chose it? No. I doubt that. They, like you, smell different than the rest of the lot around here.” Darui responded, allowing his tongue to slip outside of his mouth again with that sanguine liquid dripping onto the ground again. Obviously, he was speaking of the other human’s that inhabited the city. They were unfamiliar to the region itself, meaning that the reason they acted as such was because of some type of monetary value. They were simply people for hire, ready to carry out the wished of whoever paid them. The term “bullying” oversimplified things. Darui fully believed that it was as Reito mentioned before, a job, but just as they did their job, Darui was doing his in making sure that the pup was safe. ”No. They are too stupid to choose for themselves. Someone had them on a leash. Probably promised them something that you people consider precious.” He was talking about money, but he was a canine so he honestly didn’t get the ideals behind such a capitalistic notion. The wilds were much different than the city, and so were its societal rules.

”That pup is a child. His eyes do not see as they should. Listening to him would be akin to asking a ‘blind man for directions.’ Hmmm… was that the proper analogy? Your human dialect is so confusing and also quite amusing.” Darui mentioned, his unscarred eye glancing down at the wolf pup that cowered behind Shuu’s leg; a wide smile pasted across his face before his eyes found their way back up to Shuu. ”True. They weren’t a test of strength at all. In fact, I didn’t believe that a human could maintain her composure after killing someone as you have. There is no remorse clouding your eyes, but there is also no bloodlust. You are an interesting conundrum human.” She was interesting to him, after all. Her being interesting was the only reason he was still on all fours and not attacking the woman with all of his might. Darui knew that the woman may have been able to match him in strength, and perhaps the potential of her surpassing him caused him to delay his judgment. While an instinctual animal, he also tended to be rather rational when picking his battles. Killing those that he found untrustworthy was a must, but a woman of her talents could be useful. He just needed her to pass two tests…

And she had just mentioned stealth…

”Ah! So you are slippery? I, myself, am not. I wonder how much you want to protect that pup? Maybe even receive the respect of my clan in return. Just by a little finesse and reconnaissance.” Darui requested, locking eyes with the Violet Sage as he suddenly found himself sitting in a normal dog like position. ”They’ll just keep coming for him because he’s the weakest but I just so happen to know where the boss is located. Well… I know where to figure out where this guy is located. That’s where you come in. Interested?”

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When the large wolf mentioned her smell, Shuu wondered what kind of scent she smelled like. Perhaps the scent he referenced was a more simple one, like 'foreigner'. Regardless, whether they were doing a job or not, once emotions ruled over their actions as the woman had done, striking in anger at something smaller than she...that was very much bullying. The man she could buy as not so much, he seemed more like he was forced into the role but didn't truly wish to bear it, but the woman definitely fell into the 'bully' category, in spite of it being a job. And any job had an employer. Darui's reference of another holding their leash was a clear reference to that.

"I wouldn't say they were too stupid, necessarily, just that they allowed themselves to be pigeonholed into that position. Perhaps unfortunate circumstance played a part as well. Either way it is irrelevant though I suppose, since that part of the matter is already disposed of. The real question here is of the one holding their leash, yes?"<i></i> It wasn't difficult to see where the canine was going with this, and so she used his terminology for ease of communication despite knowing what he really meant in human terms. When he spoke on the pup Shuu let out a grin even as she bent down and picked it up, holding it gently in a way that made it clear it could leap free at any time it so wished, stroking its dirty and matted fur.

"That was a fairly capable analogy, yes. "<i></i> Then he described her and her nature, and she offered another smile. "Killing is a part of who I am and what I am trained to do...and I'm very good at it. I don't relish doing it unless I must, I would rather use my gifts to heal than kill, but if I decide to do it I will not back down from my decision or lament something I decided to do. Regretting my own choices gains me nothing, and dishonors my wishes and intentions when I made the decision to follow through with it, so I have no intent of staining my own resolve with uncertainty, regret, and self-doubt."<i></i> She smiled sadly as she continued to speak on the subject, making sure her voice remained even and neutral. "I don't kill for the sake of killing, but I won't hesitate to kill with a purpose...it just has to be a damn good one."<i></i> When he referenced her stealth capability she offered a mild grin and a shrug.

"I said I can be. I prefer being straightforward, but that is not always the best solution. I use whatever means I must to accomplish my goal. If you tell me more will come until the source of ill intent is stopped, then I say let us eliminate the source. If I happen to earn the goodwill of ones as powerful as yourself, I'd just consider that a bonus,"<i></i> she chuckled. "I'll tell you what. You get me to the one giving the orders on capturing this pup, and I'll happily wipe them out. In exchange our quarrel is over, you believe in my desire to protect the pup, and your clan puts some faith in my and perhaps a bit of goodwill towards any future exchanges?"<i></i> She wasn't trying to negotiate, she just wanted to make sure they both understood where things stood. Then she offered him a wolfish grin that he should wholeheartedly recognize. She didn't bear bloodlust, but she was still quite obviously a troublemaker.

"I'm in."<i></i>

[MFT]

WC: 603

Akechi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
repede_zps74c14a6e.jpg

”Of circumstance? That must be a human ideal. Stupidity is just stupidity in my clan. No one can force you to do anything you feel you don’t have to.” Darui commented, allowing that trademarked tongue to dangle from his mouth as he thought about what the woman could possibly mean. Honestly, he was at a loss for what she was talking about or at least the emotion that she sought to project. ”I guess you mean like those outcasts from our clans. The ones that are enslaved by your kind, content to being confined to a cage, and being told when they can go outside or begging to go to the bathroom. It’s quite detestable, but alas, that’s none of your concern. It’s their fault for not standing up for themselves and ripping the throats of their masters.” He giggled a bit as he spoke about his more docile brethren, man’s best friend. Surely, Shuu may not have found any gripes with keeping pets, and it may have even been one of the reasons Shuu decided to leap into action. However, it was hard to find fault in his words; especially if one looked at it from his perspective.

She surely was an interesting woman. She seemed to be able to keep her calm under the most violent of situations, even openly discussing her ability to kill as if it were just a job to her. Not just that, but she continued to talk about it as she cradled the small pup; gently stroking the fur of the blue animal while discussing her less-than-sagely behavior. Honestly, it was pretty fascination to Darui to see such a strong woman from the human race. He believed them to all be rather passive, and Shuu was definitely one hell of an exception.

”A killer with a conscious. That’s what it sounds like you are to me anyways. I’ve always been rather untrusting of healers like you. Someone like you is able to take life just as quickly or as likely as you are to save it. A vicious combination…” These doctors… especially the ones that were well-versed in the shinobi arts were frightening people. ”And even still. You have the ability to shut off the conscious when you decide to. That’s pretty impressive. But yes, that is my plan. Eliminate the source… the money and the threat is gone.”

Darui agreed with the woman, displaying his agreement with a wide smile as she explained her terms. She claimed to opt for a more straightforward approach, one that would prove to be a bit more difficult, but quicker and more akin to what she were used to. ”Not the best but not a problem. It’s really just a bar. The people in it know information. The way I see it. You can go in and bust it up a bit if you want. No one will run if there is a purple haired girl that goes in their first. I just need you to find a man named Sanosuke. If we’re lucky then he’s there… if not… we’ll go searching.”

[OOC: Sorry for the wait. This was going to go a bit differently but I want to finish promptly after having you wait for so long. All you have to do is RP going into the bar named “Oasis,” beating some people up, and Sanosuke will appear from there. Once that’s done. We’ll be all finished!]

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shuu shrugged at Darui's comments. "Self-preservation is a very normal instinct, but only in the weak does it regularly surpass pride in one's strength and freedom...a fact common in both of our species. It's part of what makes the weak...well...the weak."<i></i> While she'd never had a pet per se, she'd seen those with pets before, and hadn't thought much of it before. Once she'd learned that many animals were actually quite sentient, she never really saw them any other way again, so it was natural for her to understand Darui's point.

While she generally preferred the more direct and obvious route, she knew that this go around she had to be very tactful. It would not do to walk into a business full of witnesses and just start beating the crap out of people. Stealth would be just as dicey, because it would be difficult to find information on the target most likely. Not only left option three; undercover. She looks to the Wolf and offered a charming smirk that would most likely be lost in translation, quite possibly as a grin of malice.

"Both stealth and brute force would be on advisable tactics in such a circumstance,"<i></i> she commented easily as they approached the bar, "I need to infiltrate. This might take some time, but luckily I have two things going for me today. I'm not dressed like a Shinobi today, and I'm cute." She offered one last wink which would likely also be lost in translation before heading into the bar.

The place itself was upscale if slightly rundown, as if it'd seen better days. While it was quaint and well-kept, if one looked for the details they would notice shabby wallpaper and worn-in furniture. While it was evident that the owner was from money, it was just as evident that he hadn't put a lot of work into maintaining the business...which suggested at the very least a front for illegal or questionable activity.

From the moment she entered she could feel all eyes on her. It was not an unusual circumstance, though more often than not it was due to her being a leader rather than just a pretty face. Her hips swayed as she moved to sit down at the bar perching herself on the stool primly; crossing her legs properly yet languidly at the same time, smiling mischievously.

"Barkeep, your best middle shelf sake please. Leave the saucer and the decanter."<i></i> More than one head turned with the obvious declaration that she was planning on sticking around to do some hefty drinking, a few men started to get some ideas. Men generally did. In this case it was a stupid one, but there was no way they could have known that she was more than the average barfly.

There was some kind of obvious internal power struggle that occurred that quick moment between the men, and the one who could probably be best identified as an alpha male approached. The benefit of this approach, was that the weak ones weeded themselves out. Weak ones rarely had the information that the more important ones did, unless they were exceptionally clever and planned it that way. The downside of dealing with those people as they tended to be more cautious. She wanted someone important enough to have the information she needed, but stupid and arrogant enough to run his mouth off with a little bit of liquor in him.

The man that approached had sharp cocky eyes and a large frame, common for someone high-up in such an organization. The arrogant smirk he bore as he sidled confidently against the bar right next to her told her a lot, and so she turned herself shifting her body language to open it up towards him. While the Violet Sage was a medic, she had medical knowledge encompassing far more than basic physical health. Her grasp of psychology for instance was fairly impressive. As such she understood things along the lines of open body language warm tones conversational signals and many other things that would help indicate that she was being receptive to him without being blunt and blatant about it. The psyche of the alpha male in human society was trained to look for it subconsciously. With a couple of good physical and conversational triggers aided by alcohol, she would be able to for the large part control the conversation.

They started off with the small talk; what she was doing there, the weather, and he made sure to fire off a compliment or two in her direction, as well as a few exaggerations about himself she was sure. She made sure the conversation remains fairly unobtrusive, but before too long he was starting to discuss things that were of a more personal nature and attempts to win her trust. Is ulterior motives were clear, and she was using those to their best effect. She would smile sweetly, look away at the appropriate times, bat her eyelashes, ensure that she gave the appropriate compliment here or there. While that was not her true nature, she had learned how to play coy very well when necessary.

One thing had always been true and she had learned this very early on: get a man drunk, horny--or even better both--and he would tell you pretty much everything you wanted to know. In this instance, the man that sidled up to her, one Kouaku Hajime, only took two drinks and a few flashes of thigh to start talking. He mentioned working for someone very important and very rich whose name was Yojiro Sanosuke. Those close enough to overhear looked away purposefully in the moment he said that, making it clear it was not a secret, and that Sanosuke was fairly widely feared. Shuu smiled in a sultry fashion, shaking her head slowly, choosing her words very carefully. Asking him to prove it by bringing her his signature on anything, insinuating with a hand on his leg that if he could prove he was that well connected then she might be interested in knowing him better, it only took a moment for him to choose. Hajime stumbled though a back door guarded by two beefcakes and up some stairs. Her Byakugan read the chakra signatures of those upstairs as she watched Hajime move. He entered a room with one other signature, and the room seemed to be the largest and most lavish upstairs. With a smirk, she instantly knew it was Sanosuke. The first prerequisite was cleared. Tossing back the rest of her drink--she drank frequently, so it took a good five or so depending on the day to get her even tipsy--she stood, paying, and made her way out. The instant she was out and around the corner she ascended the building to the second story, never losing sight of Sanosuke's chakra signature. She waited on the roof near a nearby open window, and when she saw Hajime leave and go down the stairs she flipped into the window silently. As she landed on the ground, stepping towards the desk where the larger balding man sat, she heard a floorboard creak under her foot.

"Shit."<i></i> Sanosuke laughed as he turned, looking at her unsurprised.

"I wondered when someone was going to come for my life next. You must be the girl Hajime-kun so dearly wished to impress. I had a feeling you were someone fishing for information."<i></i> Shuu smiled daintily, curtsying. Sanosuke stood, lighting a cigar.

"But I must warn you, assassin, mundane people are no match for me. Most shinobi would have just bust in, as chakra users would have been able to easily take my protection. But you see, I have a secret."<i></i> He grinned and stretched, removing his waistcoat. Shuu allowed this, curious to see exactly where the confident man was going with this.

"You see...I was once a shinobi of the Leaf before I left them and their stupid ideals behind. You face Yojiro Sanosuke, former Chuunin of Konohagakure. Allow me to educate you."<i></i> As he cracked his knuckles Shuu, fought hard to surpress a grin at this man's showboating, the alcohol making her a bit less careful than she normally would have been, and wanted to see where this blowhard was taking this.

"I shall now teach you the three major tenants of the shinobi. ichiban shinobi sanjutsu: taijutsu! "<i></i> The man charged at Shuu in what could really only be called slow-motion to her, but she could see why to civilians it would be oppressively fast. She allowed her reactions to come slower than usual, so it appeared she was only barely fending off his blows, a look of focus at trying not to give away her own skill level one he mistook for being pressured by his own skill level. "Hoooooh~? You have some skill I see....you must be quite the well-paid assassin. Niban shinobi sanujutsu: ninjutsu!"<i></i> His hands flickered through a series of seals which might have been considered fast by most had she not been doing the same seals for two decades.

"Fuuton: Kamaitachi!"<i></i> As the wind scythe ripped through the air, slicing the desk behind her in half, she flipped out of the way, pushing off with her hand to gain the momentum to effortlessly dodge the attack. He snorted then his hands ripped into seals again. "Sanban shinobi sanjutsu: genjutsu da!"<i></i> He darted towards her, looking her in the face with utter confidence, and cried out the name of his technique like an idiot, "Teiden!"<i></i> Shuu froze for a moment, letting a look of abject confusion cross her face. To be fair it was a legitimate confusion, but not for the reason Sanosuke thought. He stood, completely relaxing, puffing on his cigar as he eyed her arrogantly.

"I'm sorry little lady...but you never stood a chance."<i></i> Then Shuu realized what was going on. At that moment, it was Sanosuke's turn to look confused. The reason why was the woman he'd just supposedly placed under an illusion of not knowing even the most basic of tasks was actually laughing. "What's so goddamn funny?"<i></i> he snarled, and she just took a long, slow, deep breath.

"You are. I'm sorry, for a moment I was wondering why I didn't feel anything, and then I realized...I had shrugged off your illusion so instinctively that I didn't even realize you'd tried it on me."<i></i> This made Sanosuke's face grow red as pure rage filled his expression due to the pride she'd just savaged with that comment.

"You arrogant bitch! You might have some mental fortitude, but you're no match for my shinobi skills! Fuuton: Kamaitachi!"<i></i> He shouted his attack again, firing off a wind scythe at her, but this time she decided that play time was over. Charging chakra into her fist she hauled back and fired a technique through her fist; using the unarmed technique Fist of Virtue: Humility. As the wind attack broke apart effortlessly, the remaining strength of the blow carrying through to slug him in the gut. He staggered back, dropping to his knees, sucking wind. He looked up at her in horror. "Did....did you just....*cough*...did you just punch my wind technique apart?"<i></i> He pulled himself to his feet, roaring in abject fury. he was now beyond reason. Good thing the floor was soundproofed.

"DID YOU JUST FUCKING PUNCH MY BEST TECHNIQUE AWAY?! WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT!?!"<i></i> Shuu sighed. This wasn't fun anymore. Walking up to him he began throwing punches at her--dramatically lessened from his first attempt at taijutsu attacks--which she didn't even block, she just dodged them effortlessly. The more she did this the angrier he got until she gave up and let one come for her, which she grabbed with her own fist, stopping the attack cold. Color drained from his face when she did this, clearly not even struggling. She was not even breaking a sweat.

"You misunderstand. While I am an assassin, I am not a civilian one. You made a huge mistake. You tangled with the wrong pack. You feared their strength so you went after one of their children. Big goddamn mistake. I hate bullies, but what I hate even more than that are cowardly bullies. Hiding behind children because you feared the power of the adults. That is the worst kind of scum, aside from murders and rapists, but I'm pretty sure that if I looked a bit into you I'd probably be able to link you to some of those too. I just don't care enough to look at this point."<i></i> His face purpled at her comments, and it took a long moment for him to muster the strength to say anything as he swung at her with his free arm.

"You're with the mutts? How appropriate....you are a bitch afterall."<i></i> He sneered. Shuu's eyes narrowed as his haymaker closed in. With a flick of her free hand she used her self-created move, Dekopin Rocket, to put a supercharged fingerflick against his shoulder, popping it out of joint instantly. It would have flung him across the room had she not been holding his other arm. The punch relaxed, flopping against her harmlessly now that he had zero muscle control. He screamed at the pain and she leaned in, jaw clenching.

"You stupid, arrogant man. Just because you have some skill you think yourself untouchable? You're pathetic. It's time I ended your arrogance once and for all."<i></i> In one swift move she reached out her free hand and gripped his thinning hair, yanking him forward, with her other she released his fist and formed a spear hand, making the move more powerful through practice so it became a Lance Arm, plunging it through his neck and twisting her hand as it penetrated, popping his head clean off. Continuing her movements she dashed forward, kicking off the wall to fly out the window she'd entered by, narrowly missing the spray of blood that washed the whole room in red. She landed delicately outside the bar, quickly darting into the alley where she'd promised Darui she'd meet him, and tossed the head to his paws. She was not snide or arrogant nor even pleased with herself. She spoke with a simple casualness that was common in shinobi.

"Done...and without anyone else being the wiser."<i></i>

[MFT]
WC: 2391

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back