Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Let's get into shape [Class/Open]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Summary​
Each round you will be ask to write 100-200 rp with your PC playing the game set before you. You will gain points based on your ability to write coherent and well thought out sentences. Also, you can lose if you have misspelling, continuity, or grammar issues. Your points will be combined with each person on your player’s team and a neutral d20 roll.

Continuity implies that what other players have done can impact your character’s abilities. This is also includes being able to properly react to situation or events based on your character’s skills and experience. A genin would not be able to dodge an attack as easily as jounin.

Introduction​

It has been many years since Shu had walked down the streets of Kumogakure. The grass was far greener compared to the withered ground that Shu was accustomed to those years ago. He was still wearing his ANBU gear, the same one that he wore before leaving the village, the same one that he wore returning back. Shu contemplated on what he could do in the village without exposing himself. After speaking with Shin, they both agreed that leaving the village after entering not too long ago would arise suspicion. What better way to do this then to teach. He decided to make things a bit more interesting by going about this like a game; granted he never played games since he was a young lad but he never disagreed that games could not be good teachers.

The first thing he had to do was set the field. He slammed his hands together as he began to conjure wooden poles that extruded themselves off the ground like gophers. They kept growing and stopping at nearly fifteen feet in the air. The array of poles extended to about forty feet area and at each end stood two poles formed into a fork. A few people stood by at awe with wonder as to why this strange shrouded man was defacing the terrain and who was going to clean up this mess. An ANBU did come by to verify that Shu was up to and he assure him that this was for a lesson.

Now all he had to do was wait.

Class Rules said:
  • Each round lasts 48 hours after the sensei has posted.
  • -1 point for misspelling, or grammar
  • -1 point for missing positing deadline
  • Points are compounded per player per team (e.g Team A Player 1 (-1p) and Team A Player 2 (-2p). Team A has -3p
  • +1 for continuity with other players and/or surroundings
  • +1 for imagery, simile, metaphors, and other literary devices.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A young lass lays on a branch of a cherry tree in full bloom. The weather was beautiful; the sun was warm and welcoming, the cooling wind was soft and gentle and nothing but white puffy clouds roamed the sky. It was a perfect day for an evening drink. Her eyes grow tired and a blossom falls into her glass like a snowflake. But before she could drift off to sleep she was startled. The ground shook as pillars arose from the earth like trees. She was it awe at the size of these columns; they were at least three times her height. She wonders as to why this strange shrouded man standing in the center of it all was defacing the terrain and who was going to clean up this mess. The man was clearly Anbu and she did not recognize the mask or the mask of the other Anbu that conversed with the other. Sometimes Hakuren wonders if they alternate masks from time to time to further keep their identity a mystery. Curiosity getting the better of her like it normally does, she stayed in the tree. Perhaps this man could provide some amusement to her mundane day.

Airiko Yuzuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Young student Yuzuki was running towards the place she heard that class is going to be, occasionally stumbling while making her way out of the forest. The blonde girl made a horrible decision when she thought that forest will be a good short cut to the big field. Her blue jumper suit was already dirty and her hair that was tied into high ponytail had few leafs stuck in it. But finally, she did get out of the forest and took few deep breaths while walking through the big green field. The weather was extremely good for usual windy or rainy Lighting country, which only gave hope that this day is going to be great and interesting. Yuzuki’s expression was usual – bored eyes and a smile, till she noticed something really big that reminded big wooden fork with few people starring at it and shrouded man. She had never seen anything similar to those pillars around here and she wasn't that senseless to not understand that the man in center of them was responsible of them. Her eyes sparkled in interest and she quickly got trough the people that were still standing around closer to that shrouded man and looked at those columns again.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It did not take too much time before a crowd swarmed around him like audience moving to its ringleader. They all started at awe not at Shu but at the towering poles in front of him. Who could blame them? Yet, Shu did not really care for the his enthralled audience but the students that he was promised. Where were they?

Shu cleared his throat. “Any student or anyone interested is welcome to come forward? It is a game that I am sure most of you are familiar with. Or maybe this generous have thrown away their history.

He stood there with arms folded waiting for his victims to come forth.

Amari Yasushi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iolanta stepped forward, wearing no expression. She had gotten to the class, but hung out in the back of the crowd for she did not want to be noticed. The younger girl figure that now was the time to start speaking up or she'll lose her opportunity to gain points. The small framed girl noticed the two ther girls that stood out to her; mainly because one was blonde, and late, but the other was sitting in a tree. They intrigued Iolanta, but only for a second. It was the teacher's unimpressed posture that made her focus on the lesson. To be honest because of all the spacing out she had done a second ago she did not know what she was really doing. But she was going to try her best, Iolanta was no protege; but hard work, and quick thinking works almost seventy-five percent of the time.

Airiko Yuzuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
From the excitement Yuzuki barely could stand still in her place and her face was shining in hopes of something fun and interesting. When the masked man started to talk, her little mind finally understood that man with ANBU mask is a teacher that other kids were talking about. Which, wasn’t a big surprise. And without any hesitation: girl jumps forward with smile across her face.
‘’Hello, sir! My name is Airiko Yuzuki and I’m Academy student!’’ she says loudly and enthusiastically. Yuzuki holds big smile on her face and in goofy manner points at herself while saying her name. Then she looks around and notices one more girl standing forward, that girl was real opposite to Yuzuki: she was short, expressionless, had black hair and interesting red eyes. After examining another student her attention gets back at the teacher.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The anbu asks for anybody to join and this statement came as a surprise to Hakuren. She wonders if such students like these could match the skills of a chunin, which was two ranks above them. The young woman jumps out of the tree, “Yes I believe I played this once during my academy years. I’m a little rusty on the rules but I wouldn’t mind participating.” Hakuren was of high enough rank to teach a class herself and thought about doing it. Perhaps this class would give her a few ideas for her own lesson plan. Walking towards the instructor she introduces herself, “My name is Shinigami Hakuren and I'm a Chunin in rank.”

Akame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayame smiled as she walked through the Nimbus Delectatio towards where she thought the class she was supposed to go to being held but she had gotten a little lost and was probably running a bit late. The black hair girl sighed as she adjusted her bo-staff which was resting against one of her shoulders while a saki bottle hung from one end like a hobo bindle. "I'm getting so chewed out." Ayame mumbled as she flexed her bare feet and enjoyed the feeling of her toes sinking into the dirt for a moment before she continued on finally coming to a clearing. Stepping out from the trees Ayame was treated to the sight of a heavily modified training ground with two female students talking with a masked man and what looked like a little girl but as she stepped closer Ayame realised it was the girl Hakuren whom she had met previously.

Once Ayame was close enough she called out to the teacher with a slight grimace not wanting to get shouted at again. "Yo sensei sorry I'm late." Not sure what was going on Ayame waited for further instruction before doing anything else.

[MFT]
[Word Count: 201]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Four girls stepped forward from the midst of the crowd. The smallest of the bunch who appeared the most shy as she decided not to identify herself. The second was the complete opposite in nature compared to the reserve girl. She held a rather contagious and vivacious smile not scared by the harsh realities of the shinobi world. She walked up to Shu as proudly announced her name. The third girl was a bit older classifying herself as a chunnin and familiar with the game Shu spoke about. The last of bunch was only a few minutes late as she begrudgingly excused her tardiness.

"It is a pleasure to meet the next generation of our Kumogakure kunochi. You can call me Byakko. As I mentioned before it is a simple game from old. I am sure recognized it Hakuren-chan except there is one difference." He said as his hands maneuvered toward a small bag that rested on his right leg. He pulled out a large parchment with black symbols and threw it into the air. The light parchment fluttered through the calm breeze for a brief moment before disappearing and in its place a small dense orb fell to the ground hard like a cinderblock.

"You will be playing with a ball that is around five hundred pounds so if you are not careful you may be seriously injured or die. Normally, it would be twice the weight but your just students." Shu said but stopped himself as his eyes meet with Hakuren. "Well most of you. If you can't handle being hit by this I find it hard to believe you can sustain an attack from an enemy. This is not about physical strength but chakra control. It takes proper control to manipulate this ball without breaking your bones so don't be stupid and take your time. The object of the game is maneuver the ball across the field and pushing it through the goal. Each goal is one point the first to reach ten points wins. The field is comprised of several pillars with an area no less than two inches in diameter so I will be testing your chakra manipulation as well as your physical equilibrium. Your allowed to use anything and the only rule is that you are not allowed to kill your opponent...at least not intentionally. Do you have any questions or should I just show you?"

Airiko Yuzuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young student was a bit surprised when kunoichi jumped from the tree, because she didn’t notice her before. Besides being unobservant Yuzuki was quite intrigued by the fact that lady was a Chuunin, which meant that she already had some skills and it would be even harder to win against her. When another girl arrived with obvious sake bottle hanging to her, blonde girl found it quite unusual and impracticable for the lesson. After examining those two girls she continued to listening teacher. The game itself didn’t seem too hard, but that ball…Yuzuki is quite strong and quick to move, but her chakra control is on different level. Most importantly, that level is pretty low that’s why she will be mostly consecrating on not embarrassing herself. Besides, Byakko sensei seemed to be quite nice man and he said he is going easier with them, because the girls are still simple students (except Hakuren, of course). Yuzuki put her hands on the hips and stood there with smile on her face waiting if someone asks questions or teacher starts to show how it’s done.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren could do this the easy way or the fun way. Being the person she is she chose the fun way and starts collecting sticks and twigs around the area and throwing them into a pile. Within the shinobi world anything is a tool or weapon, but how will she use these to move the five ton ball. As she walked around she asks, “Isn’t this a team game? If so I call the girl with the Sake bottle.” Hakuren doesn’t recall if the little one introduced herself last time they met, but she reminded her of herself. Once a suitable pile was made she begins her next step.
timberwolf_by_tajarnia-d5bhenx.png
Genjutsu is her primary skill in shinobi arts, but she does know plenty of strange and usual skills. Hakuren takes a few meditative breaths as she places a hand over the pile of wood. Her spirit pours from her the palm of her hand. This invisible force imbues the pieces of timber and they begin to float into the air. Swiftly the twigs come together forming a creature of wood. It was a literal timber-wolf and Hakuren pets the head of her golem she created.
Jutsu Used: Steel Dragon
Note that Shu is the only one that can see the pouring of her spirit. If he posts seeing, please don't do the same. To you I merely held my hand over a pile of wood and it mystically assembled into a wolven figure.

Akame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So that's what their sensei's name was. Ayame thought to herself as the masked man began to explain that he wanted them to play football with what was essentially a cannonball which made Ayame cackle with glee while the other students seemed to either look at the game with apprehension or determination. "Hmm breaking some bones sounds fun." Ayame mumbled as the ground rules were set which made it sound like they could also distract their opponents by fighting them.

Once all was said and done however it was Hakuren who acted first as she called on Ayame to join her team while using some sort of jutsu to create a wooden beast to carry the ball for them. Allowing her saki to slid down her staff and into her hand she took one last swig of it uncaring if the adults were shocked or angry at the action before she flicked the bottle into the air and flicked her staff up to smash it into pieces. Spinning the staff around to get a proper feel for her own weapon again Ayame grinned as she bent forward slightly. "Alright Hakuren senpai the name is Uchiha Ayame and I think we can knock these two around for a bit." Ayame said with a cocky smirk as she then launched herself forward using the wolf to run up and lightly jump off so she could spring board herself at the other to students. Landing in front of them Ayame swung her metal staff about and attempted to take both girls legs out in order to clear a space for the wood wolf.

Airiko Yuzuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Hakuren was walking around collecting sticks, Yuzuki didn’t bother to look what she is going to do from them. Tall girl turned her head at Ioalanta ‘’Hey, shortie!’’ she said happily and waved her hand to the girl she met a few days ago. But before she could say anything else Yuzuki heard something crash. Blonde girl turns around and sees pieces of bottle fly around everywhere and strange creature made from sticks. If she would paid attention to Chuunin kunoichi she wouldn’t be at least surprised seeing mysterious creature probably. Slowly but steady she made few steps back away with big panicking smile on her face. ‘’Wait a second. Did game already start or what is going on here?!’’ Yuzuki blinked few times as she got confused. But there was no time to think or panic because girl with Bo-staff landed in front of her and another student. The bare footed girl made a good swing with her staff, but Yuzuki was a bit faster as she grabbed Ioalanta by her shirt and jumped aside. It seems that winning against duet of Chuunin and cocky girl will be much more harder than blond girl imagined.

''Take it easy. The game didn’t start yet, bread-head!'' Yuzuki said loudly with childishly angry look on her face. She was really confused and disgruntled because of this situation.

Saito Hanae

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hanae hurried down the street towards where the poles had sprung from the earth, cursing her brothers for forgetting to wake her. The bright blue of the sky, surprising after so many gloomy days of rain, wasn't even enough to lift her spirits now. When she finally got close enough to see the crowd a small squeak left her lips as she realized how late she really was. She reached the edge of the crowd and gasped when she saw the wolf girl attacking the other two academy students, watching as the two girls in question activated their chakra. Pushing her way through the throng of people she made her way to the two girls, willing her chakra to flow as quickly as she could.

"Oh no have we already started?" I asked, blush forming on my face as small puffs of air left my lips, "I'm so sorry for being late, my name is Saito Hanae and I'm an Academy student."

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The players of this small exhibition were an interesting bunch, especially considering their age and skill set. The girl who perked Shu’s attention was the one who demonstrated her use of spiritual energy as he could see the ephemeral and vanishing energy transfer between her hands and the stock pile of wood. When did girl obtained such ability with such precision?

Shu hid his curiosity by focusing his attention on the questions. “It is a team sport but no shinobi chooses his allies. You will be drawing straws.” Shu responded as he pulled four twigs from his sleeve. “The shortest sticks are on a side and the longest on the other.

Although the students were highly skilled some had to learn the necessity of subtlety. They were still children after all.

Ayame and Haruken, if you really want to be badasses there is a circus stationed several miles from here. Otherwise, I would suggest you not showing your skills so callously. You are kunochi not clowns.”

Shu sighed. “After you draw your straws I am going to give you a total of five minutes to develop a game plan and from then you will have to coordinate without speaking. When you are in battle speaking is the last thing you want to do therefore your ability to communicate well without it will determine your lives and your comrades.

Shu reached his clenched hand as the sticks pointing at the students waiting for each one to pull one. However, this was interrupted by another young girl who frantically pushed herself from out of the crowd.

"Oh no have we already started?" She asked, blush forming on my face as small puffs of air left my lips, "I'm so sorry for being late, my name is Saito Hanae and I'm an Academy student." She was clearly out of breath barely forming her words as she venerated herself toward Shu. Shu only gave a simple response.

Uneven teams perfect. You will join the team with the longest stick.

Class Notes said:
Team A (Short) - Airiko and Haruren
Team B (Long) - Ayame, Iolata, Hanae
KKt11t0.gif

As Sherlock would say, the game is on! Here are some reminders
  1. You can use anything at your disposal to move the ball. Hint: E-Rank jutsu can move the ball just be creative.
  2. The opponent must attempt stop the ball from entering the goal. I say attempt because the result will be dependent on how well you describe your actions.
  3. The first team that reaches ten goals wins. The winner gets extra bonus.
  4. Good Luck and Have Fun
  5. Provide me feedback and suggestions to make your next lesson more fun and engaging :D.
  6. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Saito Hanae

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With a small smile Hanae quickly bowed her head, "Alright Sensei!"

After she stood back up, Hanae turned to her new teammates. With a smile still present on her face Hanae finally looked around, more relaxed now that she knew she wasn't terribly late. They absolutely needed to use chakra, that much was certain with the size and stature of each girl, herself included. The girl with the staff definitely had some power behind her, which was displayed earlier when she swung at the two others, but nowhere near enough to push this ball all the way to the goal. The other girl with the black hair hadn't displayed any of her strengths yet besides her control of chakra, which Hanae could sense when she showed up. She waited for the other two to begin speaking as she sized up the game, as usual not wanting to be the first one talking with a new group.

Airiko Yuzuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuzuki was quite relieved when teacher started talking and the meaningless fight didn’t continue. The blonde girl quickly took out straw which was short. Quite ironic that tall girl took out short one. Yuzuki noticed that Hakuren had the short straw. Young girl was quite disappointed that she wasn’t on the team with her short friend, but being in team with Chuunin means that there a little bit more chances wining. On another hand, Yuzuki will have to work hard to keep up with teammate. With smile on her face Yuzuki makes her way to Hakuren and scratches back of her neck nervously. Probably the older one wouldn’t be too excited to be with Yuzuki in one team, because she obviously wanted to be with girl that had bo-staff.

‘’I’m Yuzuki! I’m excited to be with you in one team!’’
she says quickly and laughs ‘’Do you have any plan because I don’t! I mean, I have plan to win but that’s all.’’ Yuzuki keeps on talking fast and laughing nervously. Then she leans closer to her and talks much more quietly than before ‘’Maybe you know some kind of jutsu that would make a fake ball? Tricking them wouldn’t’ be easy, but we can at least confuse them, no?’’ Yuzuki asks and waits for her teammate say her ideas. The blonde girl really was excited for the game but in same time really nervous.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back