Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Make a Warrior out of you~ [Guardian/ANBU Class]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
2cpqqs8.png

"Yes Chi, You may use only your natural abilities and any items you have currently on you."

Right, So it was finally time for Souji to get this ball rolling, "Alright Class... everything you have pulled out except for young Jiro here who seems to not be able to Identify what Scrolls are... will now be looking at the objects that will be apart of my Exam when I run them in the distant future. Everything else... You will be using. You all will be broken into groups of two. The lesson for today is centered around Teamwork under the line of Fire.", Souji's hand would rush through his hair as he moved the glasses away from his eyes showing the absurd bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep. Maybe that was why he was cranky. Maybe... Either way he'd look back to Kitsune before continuing, "...This is not the time to flirt... If you cannot understand that then you should not be flirting.", he meant it. If she couldnt keep it down for mere professionalism then she would not last in the Guardians.

"Now, if you have a problem with how I am doing things. If I'm too Strict. Or if I am hurting your feelings, then you may leave now.", looking throughout the class he would not be taking crap today. He was tired. Too tired to deal with nonsense, any other day... he was lighter of heart. "When you all are ready, I will meet you down in the basement for the Class assignment. First person to meet me down there... Will be able to choose their task partner... Everyone else... Will be chosen at random." and with that Souji would shift in the shadows and into the basement.

When they reached the basement level... they would see Souji standing infront of a Door. It was closed but there was a shifting sound. Almost like Sand in an hour glass...
Class Rules said:
  • The first person who posts will not be the first to make it at the bottom. I will decide by descriptiveness, word count, and creativity...
  • You have 72 hours between mods to post. Failure to do so will result in a strike against your character. [Three strike system is enforced]
  • No Posting Order at the moment.
  • You may not enter this class as of this post.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After everyone had introduce themselves and show their items, Shadow spoke once more. He seemed quite agitated with the lady that pulled the sword out of nowhere. This guy was obviously not in the mood for games. This didn't bother Sabaku at the moment. Class time was a time for learning and paying attention, not horsing around and getting into trouble. In fear of getting in trouble, Sabaku would be sure to be on his best behavior.

It seemed that today's lesson would be about teamwork and how we react when under fire. Being that Sabaku had never done any "team" exercises before, he might not do so well... But he would try his best no matter what! Sabaku believes that no matter what it is, you should always give it your all... win or lose. Sabaku had never been in a real fight either, his only two ever consisted of a one sided battle with one foe being helplessly beaten to a pulp, and the other Sabaku couldn't even land a hit. Though he would learn from these battles and only grow stronger, he couldnt help but dwell on his defeats, wondering what he could have done better so that the next fight will be even better.

Sabaku looked around the room wondering who he would want as a partner...hmmm

Chi, she rejected me but is still fun to be around... He thought to himself.

Kei seems scary...Kimi is nice but she beat me in the tournament...Sword lady and jiro both seem like trouble... Again thinking to himself.

Sabaku thought silently to himself as he followed Souji, with items in hand, down towards the basement.
Upon arrival, Sabaku could hear a noise that was hard to make out at first... trying to think of what it could be seemed a mystery to Sabaku.

Is that...sand? I cant really tell... He thought to himself with a puzzled look on his face.

Shadow was standing in front of the door that was making the noises, still with that tired look hiding behind the sun glasses.

[OOC if Sabaku got there first]

Well for whatever stroke of luck, it seems that I am first...I suppose I would like to be partnered up with Chi sir. Sabaku said, trying to remain as serious as possible as to remain out of the "danger zone" with Shadow.

[OOC if he didnt get there first]

It seemed that [Insert name] got here before Sabaku, no matter...He would be sure to go well with whomever Shadow decided to pair him with.

[OOC WC: 430 MFT]

[EDIT: OOC If Kitsune is truely standing out then the pairs would be uneven with only 5 of us...Sabaku would notice this and decided to get a little crazy and ask for Shadow to be his partner]

Noboru Jiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jiro had never really been one for professionalism, but he had started to get an Idea of what this class was going to be. The other students seemed to have been loaded with questions from that start and the only think He had managed was to barely introduce himself and complain. He knew that he would have had some serious shit knocked out of him had 'The Guardian' been anything like his brute of a father. He already knew that before this day was over he was going to have to make thing right and make a point to really stand out in this class. "Alright guys...I guess it's time to get the lead out.", He exclaimed in his thick accent as a devilish grin spread wide across his tan face. Jiro had learned a few things from his life as a pirate and that was showing up first usually ended badly... and showing up last tended to be worse. "Second or third may be best..., he thought to himself as he places the 'SCROLLS' and pills into his pockets and draped his large coat over his shoulders. Jiro hadn't really made a point to form an opinion on any of his classmate up until now, but one really seemed to stand out. The one who had introduced himself as Sabaku seemed to be a bit a trier which had always been a good think in Jiro's book. Kei seemed to be a bit more of the reserved type, seeming to live up to what the traditional ideal of what a ninja might have been. Then there was Kitsune who may have joined the call for all the wrong reasons, but at the same time she gave him the impression of being rather out going...another worth while trait. Lastly there was Kimi and Chi. Chi had seemed rather ambitious and sure of her self back in the class room and confidence is always appealing, but then there was Kimi who actually hadn't given him any kinda of ideas as to what she may have been like. All of these thoughts ran rampant in Jiro's mind as he kept pace with Sabaku and awaited further instructions.

(OOC: Assuming Sabaku is First)

Jiro wasn't entirely happy with not getting a choice in his own fate, but such was to be expected at this point. Beggers really can't be choosers. Still Jiro would attempt to give each of his class mates a reassuring grin as they made their way to the academy basement.

(OOC:If Jiro Is last)

Jiro would grit it teeth as he arrived just behind the rest of his class. Had he wasted his time even showing up? No, he had to shake these ugly thoughts from his head. All he could do now was focus on the task at hand and hope he could still learn from what 'The Guardian' had to offer.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Souji shifts into the shadows, Kitsune points the sword towards him. Suddenly her body goes completely limp, her eyes close shut and her body makes a loud thump as it strikes against the floor. To everyone watch it would seem like she just fainted, when in reality her consciousness just moved from one location to another. A race like this is best won through the use of jutsu and she just used the mind-body transfer jutsu to shanghai herself a snake. Since Souji was wearing the serpent like a scarf it will shift with him and Kitsune’s consciousness will join along for the ride. In an essence she will be there first before any other student. However she was not here as a student, she was here as an observer. Despite the few times she forgot while standing there in the classroom. Kitsune was always one to get into the heat of the moment

“My, what a lovely pet you have Souji-san.” She lets out a series of hisses that sounded like laughter. “Now don’t give me that look none of students are around right now. Can I not address you teacher to teacher? You do remember I am teaching one of your students under your request.” If Souji is not careful with his words it won’t be jut his future he will be changing. He may end up ruining Kimi future as well. “Why did you think I did not sit in your class? It is my understanding that it is inappropriate that a teacher sits with their student. Yet you disciplined me like I had showed some disrespect towards you. Did I not tell you I would try to stand out of the way?”

[OOC: yes I know you're the one to decide who gets there first, but since I'm not taking a partner anyways because I'm trying to stand out of the way, it shouldn't really mater. If Souji requests her to partner up due to numbers she will return to her body and come down, thus appearing to be the last person there. So either I don't count or I'm last. I let you decide.]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So, now the only stranger in the room was introduced to her. Noboru Jiro was the rude boy's name. Admittedly, Kimi didn't have the highest opinion of him. As everyone knows, first impressions mean a great deal, and he didn't make a very good one. If there was one surefire way to get on Kimi's bad side, it was to be rude to someone, especially to someone she was close with. It just didn't sit well with her. He didn't even seem remotely interested in what the Guardians were about. Oh well, it wasn't her place to judge that sort of thing. Then again, she was slightly judgmental at times, though fortunately she knew how to keep it in her mind. Kitsune, strong as always, summoned a sword seemingly out of nowhere. It acted and sounded as a real sword, so it couldn't simply have been an illusion. It was impressive. She took mental note of everyone else's items as they were announced. Kei obviously shared the map with her, and she scooted her chair closer so he could get a look at it as well. It was only polite, after all. Sabaku found himself with some water balloons and an empty quiver. Well, the balloons would be useful if he ended up fighting Chi, that's for sure. At Jiro's answer, however, she quirked a brow. Some papers and pills. Wow, his answer sounded like something she'd give. Of course, she knew the papers couldn't be just that, Shadow would most likely not have just given some scrap paper. If it had writing, he would most likely have done the same with them that he did the map, so it couldn't be that Jiro was blind. She really didn't know what it was, but she was slightly confused.

Kimi pushed that momentary confusion aside as Shadow began to speak again. The objects were for his Exam? That made them even more important than she originally thought. She paused for a second to offer the scroll to Kei, giving him the chance to put it away for himself. They'd have time to get together and study it before then. If he took it, she'd let it be, and if not, she'd roll it up and put it securely beside her violin inside the case. She nodded at the confirmation that Jiro's objects were, indeed, scrolls. She then turned her attention back to Shadow. The class was going to focus on Teamwork. Of course. It was almost like Shadow chose the aspects of herself that Kimi was lacking in most, and decided to use those for the lesson. She brushed a stray strand of hair back, and nodded, showing that she was listening. And then...the news. They were relocating. Of course. No matter how long Kimi went to the school, there was always a chance for her to get lost on the way. Even so, with Shadow basically leading the way, all she had to do was...fuck. He did his shadowy thing, didn't he. With that hope gone, she grumbled. Basement...She thought hard about it, back to her hours of searching through the school, and realized something. She actually knew where the basement was!

With that thought bringing a smile to her face, she gave Kei a nod before heading through the door at a brisk walk.

As she walked, she thought about who she'd want to team with...

Kitsune. Well, the female shared abilities very similar to her own, though definately had skills that far surpassed her own. She would be a powerful ally for sure. The two of them on a team together could be unstoppable. They could hear things the others simply couldn't dream of hearing. With her on the same team, there was no real risk of the other groups overhearing what they were planning. But at the same time, they had very similar skills. That left a weakness in their team through lack of variety. And variety could be the key.

Kei. Shadow probably expected her to team up with Kei, knowing that the two of them were friends from day one. Kei probably would have expected it a well, now that she thought about it. And she and Kei would definately make a good team. He was focused on melee combat while she was much more of an at-range fighter. She knew the two of them could work together well, and would compliment each other. But they were friends. And, judging by their previous interactions, they could very well end up getting slightly distracted. She didn't think that would happen, but still. Everyone would also see it as them forging an alliance. He sat at the same table as her, which already set a certain feel to their friendship.

Sabaku. While Kimi didn't know him as well a Kitsune and Kei, she did fight him one on one in the tournament. She knew a little bit of what he was capable of. Enough to know he had skills similar to Kei's at least. She also knew his weakness. He was pretty much useless if he couldn't find his target. Stealth was a major flaw in his battle plan. That made her a fearful enemy. Same with Kei, the two of them had fairly complimentary abilities. From that perspective, they would make a good team. Then again, if she were to make a team from that perspective, she'd be better off with Kei, who she knew she could work well with.

Chi. Chi was a flamethrower on two legs. She could still remember the way the female's flames clung to her skin. Chi was an all-out fighter, with a skill for strategy. She was hard to take down, which was always a good thing. It covered Kimi's weakness of being a little squishy. She also demonstrated at least a passing skill with clones, serving to provide better cover in a fight. She was a formidable foe, and a powerful ally. The type of person Kimi'd love to have on her team. But did that mean she should partner up with her?

Jiro. Lastly was Jiro. He was a bit of a mystery to her. He wasn't able to identify the scrolls, which could show a lack of familiarity with the shinobi way. Maybe he was simply new at this? She had no idea what types of skills he had. She wasn't even so sure if he knew himself. And that made him dangerous. She wouldn't know what to expect if she was faced against him. With everyone else, she at least had an idea of what to expect. He was a complete mystery...and Kimi didn't like that.

[if Kimi arrives first]

The halls were strangely empty as she kept her pace, footsteps and a soft hum illuminating her way. It was one of those habits she developed for situations in which playing a violin wasn't acceptable. Something to give her a little bit of a clearer path towards her goal. She half-ran down the stairs, skipping every other one as she went. She was excited. It wasn't normally like Kimi to show her excitement visibly, but this was Shadow's class. And if there was one thing she knew, it was that it would be a good one. The sounds shifted, signaling that she was getting close. Sure enough, she soon became aware of Shadow standing before a door, behind which, the most interesting sounds were being produced. It sounded like...sand falling and shifting. What could sand possibly have to do with what was to come? She shrugged it off, finally registering that there was nobody else around. She was the first one there. It was definately a surprise. She truly hadn't imagined she'd be first. She actually thought that, by the lack of people around, that she had gone the wrong way, and she'd end up never finishing the class. She gave Shadow a nod, acknowledging him there, and spoke. "Am I truly first?" she listened around again in confirmation. "If that is the case..." she paused. She got to pick her team mate. It seemed an important decision, so she had to pick carefully. Fortunately, she had enough time to think about it on the way.

"I'll team up with Kei." she stated.

[if Kimi isn't first]

Someone was in front of her. She could hear their footsteps lighting the path as she walked. She knew she wouldn't make it there first, but that didn't cause her to slow her pace. If she wasn't going to be first, she most certainly didn't want to be last. She wanted to hear who they would choose for their teammate. She wasn't completely sure who she hoped she'd be put with, but she knew that if Shadow was teaming them up, he wouldn't steer her wrong. He'd make sure things went well. She had faith in that. And, if something went wrong...well she had her violin. And that would have to be enough. She clutched the bag tighter to her back, her long braid flowing behind her as she walked. She passively wondered if she should cut her hair shorter, but shook that thought from her mind. She loved her long hair. It was a part of her. Cutting it just didn't seem right. Maybe she'd do something different with it though. Color it or something. That'd be fun! She laughed to herself at the idea. She followed the as of now still unidentified student as she made her way to the basement.

Wonder who it was, and who they'd pick.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[size=4]Guardian stuff class thing[/size]"]Chi was pleased with the teacher's answer, she was worried about him saying no, however. If he had said no she didn't need her gloves to punch someone into submission. She didn't even know what the assignment was going to be like, except for the fact that they were going to be working in teams. She wondered what he meant by being under the line of fire, and whether it meant the group of students would be fighting each other or if there was some sort of obstacle course they would have to maneuver. Or if… Her train of thought was broken by the teacher's remarks towards the woman Kitsune. She didn't seem to respect his words, and this made Chi wonder what she was even doing in the class in the first place.
She listened to the teachers 'harsh words' towards the class, and wondered how the rest of the class felt about him as of that moment. He seemed strict, and this intrigued Chi for some reason. The authority he exuded did something to her that, at that moment at least, she didn't understand. She went with this feeling, and used it to fuel her for this class. For some reason she felt she needed to prove herself to this man she had barely spoken to, but it was what he said at the tournament that stuck with her. He seemed to see something in her then, but now what did he see in her tardiness and colder demeanor than that which she usually held?
As the students started to pile out, hoping to be first to the basement, Chi made her way in a different direction. She had spent so much time at the academy she knew where everything was and how to get there as quickly as possible. In a way, maybe that was an advantage gained in her parents not wanting her to be at the home? They were constantly trying to get her out of the house, telling her to go to the academy and train or take classes. So she went, and a majority of the time she would just roam the halls. Even though she hadn't gone to the academy for some time, since before the tournament, she still remembered the halls well enough. As she walked alone, she tried to gather all the information (no matter how little) on the other classmates in case she did arrive before anyone.
First, there was Sabaku. He was the first person to come to her mind because he was the one who stood out the most to her due to their little history together. She remembered his fight at the academy, losing to Kimi without much effort on her part. That didn't say much about him, not as much as it did about her. Sabaku seemed to have some sort of feelings towards Chi, feeling she couldn't reciprocate due to circumstances. He seemed driven, and he was the only one there she had talked to outside of a battle. In a way that meant he was the only one she could trust.
Then there was Kimi and Kei, they were sitting together and had one map. It seemed difficult for them to share it, so that could mean if they weren't working together they wouldn't both have one. Unless Chi missed something and there was more than one, it could be advantageous for her to pick one of them with whatever that map was of. They were both strong fighters, she fought the two of them at the tournament. She remembered Kei as the one who created a huge crater in the tournament field. They were both possibilities for sure.
Then there was Kitsune, there wasn't much to say about her in Chi's mind. She seemed like she didn't care, and her flirting with the teacher was unprofessional. Though what did Chi really know about that? She was ten. Though her skin tight suit might suggest she did know more than she should. She didn't have much hope that she would be a good partner, and the young girl hoped she wasn't paired with her if neither of them were first.
Last was the one known as Jiro. She didn't know anything about him except that he had some sort of need to find his parents. This was curious to the young girl, she didn't have much experience in the world and the thought of not knowing who or maybe just where your parents were was foreign to her. She couldn't form much of an opinion on the boy as he himself was foreign to her. He was as much of a stranger as Kitsune, but unlike her she felt like he could work with her if he was chosen as her partner. However, she would not pick him if she was first.
This was her last thought as she arrived at the door to the basement of the academy. She took a deep breath and prepared herself for whatever she would find down there. This was going to be more challenging than the classes she had up until that point, but she was stronger now than she was before the tournament. She was confident, but her confidence could become her downfall. She was young but she knew at least that, and so she was wary of her own abilities compared to the others. She didn't know much about some of them, and who knew what kind of changes could have been made in those who she already only knew very little about. One last breath.

[If first]
She would walk to the basement and find the teacher. Looking around she found that she was the first one to arrive, and all her thoughts suddenly flooded her head again. Who would she pick now that she was there? For a moment she would just look at the teacher. Tightening her gloves to make sure they were clinging to her hand. The dots began to form on the teachers bodies where he would be most susceptible to her strikes. Of course she wouldn't attack him. She was more curious as to what the sound was behind the door he was standing in front of.
"That sound is nice. Like sand…" She would say softly, looking at the door behind the teacher and then looking back at him. "I am not like other students, I see differently. I think differently. I want nothing more than to be the best so I can defend the village and its citizens. Thinking about it now, you were not very specific. You didn't state I had to choose another student as my partner if I was first…" She paused again and took one last breath before continuing, not knowing what he would say.
"I choose you."

[If not first]
She would notice very quickly that she was not the first one to arrive. In a way she was disappointed, but at the same time she was glad that she didn't have to choose. In war you don't always get to choose who you're fighting next to, sometimes you don't even know the people fighting with you. In this sense this was a good thing, she had a chance to possibly work with someone she knew nothing about. This was a real test of her skills, to see if she could learn the skills of her partner quickly and form a strategy in the heat of battle. Whoever it was that was first, she wished them luck. She wasn't going to go down easily. Tightening her gloves she would approach the group at the door, noting all the spots on their bodies that formed as her mind formed targets for the best spots to attack if needed…[/legend]
[legend="[size=4]OOC; WC: 1291 (in total)[/size]"][/legend]

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kei held back a smirk as the Guardian called Jiro out. The kid's attitude lost him any sympathy he might have received from Kei. Seriously, if you were gonna mouth off and give the instructor a hard time, you better be able to back up your arrogance. Kei'd been told he had an attitude problem before, but he studied and trained hard. Despite his outward appearance, Kei took classes seriously. Since the tournament though, he'd been more subdued and fatalistic. A live fire drill sounded like a good way to challenge himself and improve his skills. Teamwork, on the other hand, wasn't exactly Kei's specialty. He wasn't used to relying on others. Even he and his twin brother, Sho, had been rivals for as long as Kei could remember... Since their fight in the preliminaries the Hoshokurai twins had barely spoken to each other.

It wasn't the time to be thinking about that sort of thing, however, as the Guardian inadvertently reminded him he whilst admonishing another student for attempting to flirt. He caught a glimpse of his instructor's eyes. They looked tired, maybe the Guardian was having trouble sleeping just as Kei was? He was sure there was plenty enough out there to keep a fully fledged Guardian awake at night. Kei still had nightmares about the kid he'd almost killed. At least Kei was getting better at controlling his kekkai genkai, it was still a lot of power to try and put a leash on for him though.

So far The Guardian's harsh comments had rolled off Kei's back. Strict didn't bother Kei and so far nothing said had particularly offended him. He couldn't speak for the other students though. It seemed odd to Kei that the Guardian would mention it though, maybe it was some kind of test? Kei found that thought slightly amusing. The Guardians were supposed to be the Elite after all. Perhaps this was part of how the culled the weak willed and made the strong willed stronger? Maybe it was a test to see if they'd follow less favorable orders? Or maybe he was just trying to make some of them angry to see how they'd perform under the pressure. Or maybe The Guardian of Shadows just liked messing with them. He didn't think any of them were particularly likely but it was still worth thinking about, as well as which one of the other students in the room he'd be paired with. He'd failed in the tournament and something about how their teacher had been the referee of that tournament made him want to perform well in this class even more. He couldn't let another student mess him up.

He glanced around the room as he stood to head to the basement, making a mental note on everyone present. Then he tapped into his reality-warping energies. Shadow did say they could use their natural abilities after all. Kei took a few graceful steps, leaving a few afterimages in his wake, almost in a sort of synchronized multipresence. There was still no guarantee he'd make it to the basement first but, with his speed, Kei figured he stood a good chance of being the one who got to select their partner. He returned Kimi's nod with a smirk and used his abilities to accelerate himself, it wasn't like his powers were a secret. Kei moved at a near warp-speed, seeing no reason to dally. Plus he figured that giving a little demonstration of his abilities might give his future teammate a better idea of what he was capable of. As he "warped" through the school he contemplated who he should choose to be his partner in the event someone else didn't figure out how to get there before him.

Kimi, she had won the tournament and Kei knew firsthand that she was intelligent and resourceful. Additionally she was the one Kei was most familiar with, that would add to their teamwork compatibility. They had also pulled the same item out of the desk, which there was only one copy of. Which, if it were to be needed for this exercise could be a problem if the two of them were split up. The downside was much of what Kei knew about Kimi's abilities revolved around ninjutsu and genjutsu which they weren't allowed to use. However Kimi was also pretty good at stealth, which could definitely come in handy in they were going to be under fire.

Speaking of fire, another one of Kei's opponent's in the final match of the tournament had been Chi. Her fire jutsu packed a mean punch but it was still ninjutsu. Ninjutsu was forbidden however and on top of that, Chi hadn't gotten an item from one of the desks. Still she'd proven to him that she was pretty sturdy in a fight which was always handy. Still, Kei was more likely to team up with her in a situation where she was allowed to use her powerhouse katon techniques. Outside of that Kei really wasn't sure what her abilities were outside that, although he could infer by her comments about the gloves that she knew at least a little unarmed taijutsu. He wondered if taijutsu was still allowed. According to the rules instant failure would occur if they performed any handseals and taijutsu didn't use handseals. Better to just stick to his bloodline powers. Natural abilities and items you have with you only. At least kei could still use his advanced guards.

Speaking of taijutsu that's all Kei really knew about the boy he had taken a genjutsu class with. Sabaku seemed alright but he hadn't really stood out much in his fight against Kimi. His items also seemed to be the most pointless but that could just be a ruse. For all Kei knew those items were vital to completing the challenge ahead. That said, he still didn't know much about Sabaku or how they'd work as a team. He seemed a little happy-go-lucky which was a bit at odds with Kei's laid back and aloof demeanor.

Jiro... Jiro hadn't made much of an impression on Kei. Still that wasn't a reason to write him off. Kei nothing of his abilities, aside from his unfamiliarity with ninja tools. It made Jiro a bit of a wildcard, he could either prove out to have some powerful natural talent like Kei's warping abilities or he could turn out to be a dud. Either way Kei wasn't sure how well he'd work with jiro, he seemed to have changed his tune a bit but if he didn't take the exercise seriously Kei was pretty sure they'd be at each other's throats.

Then there was Kitsune, the gypsy-kunoichi. She seemed to have the ability to conjure weapons, which could certainly come in handy. But Kei couldn't really get a read on her nor did she seem very serious about the class. She could prove to be as much a hindrance as a help. That and she seemed to have a thing for the instructor, which weirded Kei out a bit. Not that they seemed to have too much of an age gap just that Kei found it weird to hit on a teacher during class. Plus... Hadn't she fainted or something as they were heading to the basement? Kei hadn't really been paying attention by that point. Not exactly earning any points if she did...

[OOC: If Kei Arrives first]

Kei came to a stop before a door and what appeared to be sands cascading with a hypnotic rhythm. The Guardian of shadows stood before the door, it looked like he'd managed to out-speed the other students after all. It filled Kei with a little pride, it seemed he hadn't completely lost his competitive streak. His afterimages faded as he allowed the chaotic energies to settle and he ran a hand through his hair in a futile attempt to flatten it. He might not be the most powerful student in the academy yet, but he could settle for being the fastest for the time being.

Nice digs, Shadow-sensei. I choose Kimi-chan by the way, whenever she gets here.

When it came down to it he went with the one whose abilities he was most sure of. Kimi was the most familiar and he knew the two of them at least got along. To be fair Chi was a pretty close second but Kei was worried that they would get in each other's way. Ultimately, in a teamwork exercise like this, Kimi was the safest bet for Kei. Hopefully she wouldn't mind, he wouldn't have been too surprised if she had been planning to choose Chi. Kei stood and waited for the rest of the students to arrive so they could find out what the next part of the lesson was.

[OOC: If Kei is not first]

Kei came to a halt and found himself slightly dismayed to see that at least one other student had arrived before him. It certainly didn't help Kei's flagging self esteem but he refused to let it stop him from performing well in this lesson. Becoming a good shinobi didn't happen overnight. He took a look at his surroundings. The Guardian stood in front of a closed door and Kei couldn't help but notice the shifting sands. They gave an important and somewhat mysterious feeling to the place where the students were gathering. It made the class feel more like an ancient trial than a lesson, maybe it was some ancient room from Iwa's past. Kei didn't know but he wouldn't put it past the Guardian. Either way there wasn't much left to do but wait and see who he was paired up with. Whoever it was, Kei made a personal vow not to let them hold him back...

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
2cpqqs8.png

Souji had seemed to manage to take his snake friend with him for a moment in the shadows as they would submerge into the depths of Souji's mind for a moment. It was a hellish place to be. Completely submerged in its own darkness... almost as if it were a void in time and space. Though this was a place only Souji dwelled. Souji and his snakes... though it seemed that someone had to indulge in this. Kitsune. She seemed awfully persistent did she not? Oh well, she shifted her mind into the mind of his snake. Ekko was not happy, but Souji was able to hold him at bay as he would re-emerge and listen to the hissing of his companion... but this was not his companion anymore... or at least for the moment. So Souji's mind would shift to translating the hissing into phonetics. The first thing wrong with it all was that he called them 'pets'. But under further analysis Souji would hear her speaking about Kimi... which made the situation even worse.

"Firstly. I asked you for a favor. You had a chance to request something in return. Secondly. You entered the class as a student... So you will be treated as one. And for the continuation of insubordination and disrespect to my simple request with what can only be known as a 'hissy fit' in the middle of me trying to hold a professional class. You realize I'm already not in the mood and yet you persist more.", shaking his head he heard the steps of someone coming in the far off distance. A Student likely. Souji would have to end this now, "And lastly... My companions</B><i></i> are not pets. They are apart of my family lineage. We have a deep binding contract to one another. The fact you have taken over his mind and pushed your way into him just to give me a tongue lashing has shown me enough...", raising his hand and tapping the head of the snake ht'e release the jutsu over it sending Kitsune back into her own body and out of the body of his comrade.

Once that was done he would desummon his snake sending it back to its own realm for the time being he would not be needed for the final Exercise most Guardians and ANBU could relate to utilizing a situation... but the face he saw coming down the hallway. The first student to come around the corner closely followed by the rest of the class in no particular order. The order didnt matter... *cough*Kei was second, Sabaku and Kimi are tied at third, Chi is right behind them.*cough*

Souji'd open the door before reveal a pit of quick sand The Sand was shifting and there were four bronze Kunai hanging from the ceiling with a rope leading to each. "Right. This is your test. Using items that may or may not be foreign to you. This is the life of a Guardian or an ANBU every day. Going into a situation. Sometimes alone or with a team not knowing anything other than what you see. The rules for this... You must gain one of the Kunai, without using any jutsu that require you to use your handseals... You may use the items you have on you and anything you gained from one of the desks upstairs. You cannot harm the Kunai. They must come back without a speck of sand... nor one blemish. I must have a Kunai in my hand in the next minute. Or failure is imminent.", Souji would pull out a stop watch and smirk, "Go."
Class Rules said:
  • You have 72 hours between mods to post.
  • Kitsune is not apart of this exercise and has failed the class as of this post.
  • Post 1 item that you have on your person for this exercise. (Outside of the ones you gained for the desk you were at) ***<B>Every item is 1 time use***

Noboru Jiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jiro wondered how he had managed to beat all of these supposed 'Ninja' to The Guardian. He had even attempted to not be first, but some how had managed it. It could have been several things, but now wasn't the time to brag. He had to figure out how to not only get one of the bronze Kunai, but also manage to keep himself from getting hurt or even getting any sand on him. "Man I've really got my work cut out for me, but atleast rope climbin' isn't exactly something new...", he thought to himself as he reach into his fairly deep pockets and pulled out a few of the red pills that had been given to him for this test. "Well...Bottoms up!?" He would quickly pop two of his three pills in hopes that they might give him some sort of edge. He could feel the pills travel down his throat and into his upper stomach. He hadn't ever been fond of swallowing something that wasn't food or drink.

In all of the excitement Jiro had nearly forgotten that he was allowed to pick a partner for this. He really didn't care for many of his options, but he'd really be going out on a limb no matter who he picked. Jiro had never been one to think well under pressure so he chosen one of the students who had showed up just after he did. Kimi, I-i choose you!His choice was one he would immediately regret, but he guessed she was better then the others for the time being. He would hope she wouldn't be too reluctant to team up with him for just this one instance. He would approach her in an attempt to quickly make up some sort of plot for getting one of those Bronze Kunai. Listen...I get it that most of you don't really like me, but I guess thats how work will go...we won't always get to pick our Teams...so what do you say?, he had hoped that he wasn't coming on too strong. He knew that the more time they spent trying to get things set straight the less time they would have to retrieve the Kunai. Here Take These!, he would exclaim as he passed off the papers and the one remaining pill and took a running start towards the ropes. He would take a lunge from the doorway onto the ropes and swing onto a slightly farther back rope. Come'on Mates!, He would roar as he attempted to inspire the rest of his class to join him on the ropes and he used his upper body strength and years of practice to his advantge.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It seemed that Jiro had arrived first and had picked Kimi to be his partner. Though by the looks of it, it didn't seem that they would need partners. All he had to do was get one of those kunai? Simple enough it seemed. Sabaku walked over to the edge of room just before it turned to sand. He looked at the four kunai hanging there by ropes.

Hmm... He muttered louder than what was needed.
AH! I got it. He exclaimed with a smile.

Sabaku then activated his innate ability and warped to the ceiling where the kunai where hanging from. Using the chakra in his body to keep his feet attached to the ceiling without falling, he would then activate another of his powers and form an energy blade in one hand while grabbing the rope closer to the kunai and cut the top portion.
Now with kunai attached to rope, unharmed and un sand-i-fied, Sabaku warped back to the group.

Here you are Guardian of Shadows. He said while handing the kunai to Shadow.

The task was to use the items you had, but it seemed that without trying to over think it, he managed to complete the task at hand without them. Whether that would score him some extra points was unclear, it didn't really matter in the end.

Before heading the back of the group to let the others pass and attempt to reach the other 3 remaining kunai, Sabaku would hand off his items to Chi in hopes that his kindness might buy him favor in her eyes.

Good luck Chi... He would say, almost blushing while doing so.

Sabaku then made his way to the back of the group but still where he could see how the others fared in their own attempts.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
2cpqqs8.png

Souji would smirk watching the antics of Jiro calling Kimi to be his partner, they both knew it would end up being Kei. They seemed to take a liking to one another. Souji would watch that develop from a distance for now. He didnt much like it as he saw Kimi as a little sister or a daughter. Though Sabaku seemed to be the one to 'save the day' Souji said... he wanted a Kunai. Didnt say how many. Didnt say what kind. Didnt say how... well he sorta did. However, it didnt matter Souji had never seen anyone aside from Kei warp. He'd seen... very fast warriors. Though, never that sort of power. He literally bounced out of reality it seemed for a moment instantly appearing in another place....

Souji was... impressed. Lowering his shades and revealing his reddened eyes from the lack of sleep... maybe that was why he was cranky crabs this morning. Though as soon as it was over and Souji had the kunai in his hand he'd smirk, "Okay. Class over. Everyone passed.... except Ktsune." nodding he would smirk, cutting the class short he'd begin his closing statements. "For the exam I will be running... you will have something identical asked of you. Though it wont be so easy. I will be testing your ability to think on your feet. To Use your environment. To use the people around you to reach a common goal. You cannot fight against one another in this branch. You cannot rely on one other person to get anything you are looking to do... In the Guardians and ANBU we rely on one another to get things done. As a team all together..." nodding he would turn to the exit.

"Class dismissed... unless someone has a question."
Class Rules said:
  • You have 72 hours between mods to post.
  • Class is over, everyone passed... ^^

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the class was going on another young fellow by the name of Yume was roaming the halls. He knew Kitsune was going to join a class and he wanted to peek in and see how she was doing. Being a person her age in a room full of kids, she is going to be highly stressed. He felt a little bad for the teacher for Kitsune tends to act moody when she is nervous. When Yume gets to the door of the room suddenly a group of students burst out, thus causing him to fall backwards in surprise. The herd of children was rushing towards the basement, but Yume could not spot Kitsune amongst them. Looking into the room he sees Kitsune lying on the floor unconscious. He figured she was the victim of some genjutsu for the others were obviously in some sort of race. Taking out her first would be a wise move. Not willing to see Kitsune lag so far behind he takes one of her arms and places it over his shoulder. He then drags Kitsune towards the basement. When Kitsune came to she and Yume was half way there. She was a little surprised to see Yume, but there was no time to talk. Souji would be starting the next phase of the class shortly. The two of them ran at full speed and Kitsune managed to get there just in time to be informed that she failed the class. With Yume here this would be the perfect time to introduce Kimi to her partner in learning Kitsune’s illusionary arts. “Excuse me Kimi I have someone to introduce you to.”

[MFT]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi bent her knees, dropping herself low to the ground. A plan had formulated quickly in her head. It was a simple one. She quirked a brow when her focus was interrupted. So, Jiro wanted to work with her? She paused. That wouldn't quite work with her plan of simply getting the four for the other students. Then again, she could always just get them for the other thr-Sabaku leaped next, and she shrugged. She braced herself to leap, when Shadow's voice stopped her. Class was done? Apparently Sabaku, whether on purpose, or inadvertently, managed to complete the mission. Shadow just wanted any old Kunai? She could have pulled one of those out of her bag if that was all it took. Finding the entire thing a little silly, yet realizing the point he was trying to make, she relaxed. "Thanks, Jiro" she offered the scrolls back to the student. She wasn't going to be rude to him, no matter her first impression. He seemed to be friendly enough, if not a little blunt. Why he would want to pick her, she had no idea. Giving him a small nod, she turned to Shadow. "Next time, Shadow, you might want to make sure to get enough sleep before teaching." she mentioned gently, finally realizing the reason for his different attitude. "You may feel a little better that way." she smiled, before hearing her name.

Kitsune arrived, finally, and she gave the female a small wave. She slid around Shadow, coming to a stop besides the pink-haired female and her smaller friend. "Hey there, Kitsune. Who's this?" she asked, not trying to be rude, but rather just being a little blunt. She'd had a long morning, and was getting ready to settle down for the afternoon. Souji's exam sounded intense, and she was trying to figure out exactly what it may entail. She and Kei had the map to share, which would give them an advantage. But who else would be there? What about those who weren't in Souji's class today? It wouldn't exactly be fair, especially seeing as how the exam was supposed to be all about teamwork. She shrugged. She'd just show up early and see what to do from there. Either way, it was an exciting prospect to be sure. She turned towards Kitsune, waiting for her response.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
And with that the class had come to a conclusion. While not doing so on purpose it seemed that Sabaku had completed the class for the class. He had no further questions but only goals. To one day join the Guardians in their Elite Ranks of awesomeness. Paying no mind to anyone else in the class he quetly slipped out and away from the group and proceeded to the message board to see what was next for him.

[OOC Class finished/topic left]

Noboru Jiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Jiro would allow himself to swing back towards the group and with a bit of a dis-heartened leap would land just a few feet away from Kimi who seemed to want to offer him his tools back. "Keep'em you'll know what to do with them better then I would." He would give a half-grin and a lite wave as he couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. He had been so excited to try and incorporate a piece of his old life in his new life. Oh well, Not much else to do but carry on and think about what class was next on his chopping block. He would wonder what he would have to do in his next class and even...Who may be teaching it. Only Time could tell.

[Topic Left]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“This is my adopted little brother Yume.” Yume was different from your normal student for it was quite obviously he had some sort of demonic ancestry within his bloodline. On top of his head wear a pair of cat like ear in addition to his human ones on the sides. Around his waist was a cat like tail which he wore like a belt. One might think they were fake, however the movement of the ears as they scanned the room for sounds proved that idea to be false.

Yume greets Kimi in his usual fashion, which Kitsune finds absolutely cute. Yume rubs his left cheek against hers and whispers into her ear, “it is a pleasure to meet you.” Yume was definitely a feline character. Kimi is likely to blush fifteen shades of red after receiving such an intimate hello. As he separates the connection Kitsune continues the introductions.

“Yume will be your partner in learning the Gypsy arts Souji wants me to teach you. I’ll use Yume to pick you up for the first lesson.” Little did she know that Kimi was going to find Kitsune before Yume finds her, thus leaving him waiting at the door. “Yume also has talent in the art of illusions like you and wishes to learn more. I hope you don’t mind if I teach you both together rather than separately.” Teaching them together will save her time and maybe Yume will be able to make a close friend. With these lessons they are going to get to know each other quite well.

[MFT]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[size=4]Guardian stuff class thing[/size]"]It seemed the assignment was over before it even began. Chi wanted a chance to prove herself to the teacher, but it would seem that it wasn't her day to do so. She would get her chance before too long, and she hoped she wouldn't waste it. She was going to become the best and soon none of this would matter anymore. She'd be the strongest in all the land, and protect the village from any threat that could harm the village. She was the future Tsuchikage, and with that thought she took her leave having passed the class without doing a single thing. As she clutched her fists a flame would burst from them for a moment before being released. She couldn't allow her loathing to set off the fire alarms and cause a panic. That wouldn't be a good first impression.[/legend]
[legend="[size=4]OOC; WC: 143|Topic left/class finished[/size]"][/legend]

Kei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Four kunai, not enough for each student to get one. That meant Kei couldn't be last. Jiro jumped for the ropes, intending to climb. But Kei was faster, he could warp to the kunai and cut them with his soulsword. He'd never tried to get it so precisely before, and if he missed or distorted something the wrong way he would either fail the task or be in for a long fall to the sand below... Sure he'd been improving vastly in the last few weeks but... he'd lost some of the confidence he had in his abilities. He wasn't sure of himself in that moment and because of that he did what he knew a shinobi was never supposed to do. He hesitated.

It was just for a moment, but it was enough time for Sabaku to move. No, to warp. The resemblance to Kei's own abilities were uncanny. Was it possible that Sabaku shared the same blood as Kei? Almost as soon as the class had started, the instructor was calling it finished. APparently he'd only wanted one kunai and they all could have worked as a team to get it. Kei hadn't even thought of that. It made him feel even worse inside. Although the Guardian said he'd passed the class, Kei felt like he'd failed. He hadn't really done anything... Didn't deserve to pass. He tried not to let it get to him, at least he'd learned a bit about the guardian and ANBU branches. He ran a hand through his hair with a sigh, concealing his feelings as usual. Well, that was anti-climactic. He said with a false smirk.

Kei wasn't going to let himself sulk about this. He had to move forward instead of just stagnating. He wasn't sure he was good enough for the elite branch, but it might be worth going for. Either way, class was over. Maybe he would go for a run to clear his head.

[MFT]

[Topic Left/Class finished]

Kimi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimi smiled at the boy, giving him what she hoped was a friendly feeling. She was a little down about the way the class ended, but was trying not to let it get to her. She really wanted to show Souji, and everyone else, what she could really do. Even so, she nodded. "Nice to meet you, Yume." she stated. She then turned, finding pretty much everyone had wandered off, the class being finished and all. "It'd be fun to learn together!" she then spun around. "Well. I've gotta be off. Things to do, people to annoy, music to play. Y'know how it goes." she laughed, her bright eyes wide with excitement. It wasn't even mid-day yet. She had the whole day ahead of her. "Bye all!" she called to everyone who was leaving, before turning to wave goodbye to those remaining. "Bye Kitsune! Bye Yume! It was nice to meet you! See ya later!" she waved before half-sprinting towards the open air.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back